Christmas Twins ~ 1

Printer-friendly version

This is the story of my twin and me; two siblings so closely bonded that we would do anything for each other. It all started a few months before Christmas…

~o~O~o~

First, let me introduce myself. I am George, and I am nearly fifteen. My identical twin, Jeff, and I live with our mother, a very popular cosmetic surgeon, in a small town outside of Denver, Colorado. People come from miles around to have her work her magic on them, so we are financially quite well-off. However, from a family point of view, we are lacking somewhat, since we don’t have a father at the moment. Unfortunately, he was killed in a car accident nearly three years ago; the week before Christmas. Mom takes really good care of us and loves us to no end, but things have just not been the same since Dad left us…

Let me back up in time just a bit to a few weeks before Halloween, while Jeff and I are on fall break. We are home alone and I am trying to figure out what to wear to the big Halloween party that Mom is dragging us to. I walk into Jeff’s room to ask his opinion on an idea, only to find him not there… I don’t think anything of it really, until I hear a noise coming from Mom’s room. I peek in and don’t know who is more surprised, Jeff or me, when I find him dressed up in some of Mom’s clothes and putting on her makeup. I let out a startled, “Jeff? What in the hell are you doing, bro?” He hangs his head a bit and then he says, “Ummm…trying to come up with a costume…?”

I know instinctively that he is lying. We have never been able to lie to each other; we are too closely bonded by blood, or genes, or whatever as twins… I look at him and ask, “Is there something you want to tell me? You know I won’t judge you…” He breaks down and cries as he tells me that he is a girl inside, that he has known it for some time, but that he was afraid to tell anyone. I melt inside as my empathetic link to him lets me feel his extreme pain. I honestly don’t know how to react, though.

Finally, I ask, “OK, so, what do you want to do about it? You obviously can’t keep it a secret from Mom forever.” I see him pale, even through the makeup he has smeared on his face. He says, “George, you can’t say anything! Promise me! I would die!” I shake my head and say, “Chill, bro! I won’t say anything until you are ready… So, how can I help?” This time Jeff shakes his head and says, “I don’t know. I feel so helplessly alone in this. I feel like I am a girl and wish that we were twin sisters… I am so screwed up!” He starts crying again…

I sit there a little stunned at his admission and wonder what I am supposed to do with that information. I think about it for a few minutes, as we both sit there in silence, and then say, “OK, so, since Mom doesn’t know anything about this, and you have to pretend to be a guy when she is home, then I guess I can pretend to be a girl when she is not. Umm…but let’s be clear that I am pretending…” Jeff jumps up and runs over to me and hugs me. He says, “Oh, George, that would mean so much to me! I am afraid that I am not really very good at any of this. I have had to sneak around to make sure no one found out…”

An hour later, I am sitting in my room at my computer, watching several YouTube videos on how to do makeup and trying to follow the instructions while doing Jeff’s eyes. It turns out that today was Jeff’s first venture into ‘girldom’ and he had no clue what to do. I have always been artistic in nature and am sure that I can get this, even though I have even less of a clue. After several attempts, I get it sort of right. He looks pretty good, no blotches of foundation, eyes properly made up, lips well defined, cheeks rosy, and nose powdered… He attempts the same on me and I fix some of the stuff myself that don’t turn out so well. I feel like a complete fool, but, like I said, I would do most anything for my bro…

For the next two hours after that, we are in some of Mom’s clothes and high heels, strutting around the house. I have to laugh at our antics, but Jeff, sorry, Brianne, as she wants to be called, seems really happy. She makes me pick a name for myself for when I am in ‘girl mode’ and so I reluctantly decide on ‘Gwen’.

I keep a careful eye on the clock and, an hour before I know Mom is due to come home, I make sure that we get the makeup completely cleaned off, like another YouTube video had explained, and everything is put back so that Mom will not suspect anything. The next day, Brianne wants to come out to play again and so we repeat the whole thing, again and again, every day of the break.

We get a bit faster and better with the makeup every day, but I notice that we have used a fair amount out of Mom’s bottles and I am afraid she will notice. I make us get back into ‘Jeff and George’ mode and we walk to the store down the block to buy some replacement makeup. I had made a careful list of the stuff we needed from Mom’s supplies. Thankfully, my YouTube research had prepared me to know how to look for things like the right brand, item numbers, and such.

We pick up a few food items and go to the checkout. I expect the girl to look at us funny, or say something, but she doesn’t give the stuff, or us, a second glance as we pay. We hurry back home and I refill Mom’s bottles to levels that are closer to where they were at the beginning of the week and then we hide the rest in Jeff’s (well Brianne’s) room.

And so, fall break passes by and we successfully hide our little secret…

~o~O~o~

With school on, there is little time to do much as far as Brianne and Gwen are concerned. In order to give Brianne a little playtime, after school, we put on pantyhose and Mom’s high heels, which amazingly fit us quite well, if a little big, just to walk and practice in them–I had done some more research on YouTube and we are following the instructions to walk correctly in them. I critique Brianne and make her walk just like in the instructional videos, including holding her hands and arms correctly, while taking short steps and placing one foot in front of the other. Of course, she does the same to me; I even quit feeling like a total fool–it even becomes a sort of a challenge, especially when we start practicing going up and down stairs correctly.

I also do a lot of research on gender identity disorder at night and have a better handle on what Brianne is going through. I know that, based on the information on several legitimate medical websites, that Brianne and I have not entered puberty yet. We both seem to be on the late end of that spectrum. Unfortunately for Brianne, I find out that we could start any day and that will really mess with her body when the testosterone starts working on it.

The morning after the Halloween party, we have the day off for some sort of teacher day and I decide to confront her. We both had worn lame costumes to the party, since Brianne was too chicken to tell Mom she wanted to dress as a girl and I did not want to make her uncomfortable with my cool masculine idea. I look at her seriously and say, “Brianne, you know that we could enter puberty any day now and that is going to mess with your body in ways that you don’t want. We both dressed in a costume that we hated last night because of this conflict of yours. It is time to tell Mom and get you the medical help you need. Yes, it has been fun for you to pretend, but life is real and so are your problems…”

Brianne starts crying and says, “Oh, George, can we please just get dressed as Brianne and Gwen and enjoy the day while Mom is out? I promise to think about it. I really will…” I relent and we go through Mom’s closet and pick out a couple of her dresses and put them on, along with some high heels. Then we put on our makeup–we are both really good at it by now–and I look at us in the mirror. Mom’s stuff is way too old for ‘girls’ our age, but Brianne is happy so I keep my mouth shut.

We are pretty much pros at walking in heels by now, so we practicing sitting like girls (yes, YouTube was our teacher). We just sit and look through some of Mom’s women’s magazines and do some more makeup and teen fashion research online until we are hungry. We are sitting in the kitchen eating lunch when the door to the garage opens and Mom suddenly comes in, surprising us both. I would say our surprise was nowhere near Mom’s, though. She looks at us, a horrified look on her face, and stammers, “What on earth…? I mean, boys would you…?” Finally, she just collapses into a chair at the table and starts crying.

Brianne rushes over to her and hugs her. She says, “Mommy, it is OK. We were just fooling around…” I decide that it is time to help my sister along and say, “No, Mom, Brianne here is helping me deal with my issues…I am trying to help her, too. I am afraid that you have two closet daughters–and we would really like to come out of that closet. We have been doing this for quite some time but did not know how to tell you...”

Brianne pales and starts to say something, but I quickly continue, “Brianne is really shy about her needs, but I think we both need help–and really soon. I mean we could start puberty any day and that would be terrible for our bodies!”

Mom seems to snap out of it and says, “You, you, both want to be girls?” Brianne shakes her head and I nod mine. Mom says, “Well, which is it?” I say, “Like I said, Brianne is a little more conflicted with what people will think than I am. I have done a lot of research and know that we can’t fight who we are. You can give us hormone blockers to at least stop us from entering male puberty. Will you do that for us, Mom…my? Like today, even? Then you can do whatever tests you want to on us and get us straightened out. But we can’t start looking like boys! PLEASE!"

Mom gets a little paler and says, “You boys…girls…kids stay here. I have to call work and have them cancel my appointments for tomorrow–I am already off the rest of today; it was to be a surprise. It looks like the surprise was on me, instead…”

She leaves the kitchen and goes into her office. Brianne looks at me and whispers, “George? What are you doing? You don’t want to be a girl!” I smile wanly and say, “Trust me, Bree. I will go through this with you for a few weeks, just until you get your confidence built up and are well underway. I can then ‘decide’ that I have changed my mind. A few weeks of hormone blockers won’t hurt me…and I will do anything to help you through this…”

Neither of us has a chance to say anything else, because Mom comes back in. Then we have a long talk. Mom also has a degree in psychology, so I know that I won’t be able to pull the wool over her eyes too long, but it only has to be long enough to get Bree taken care of. So, Bree and I show her how we can walk in the heels and sit properly. She can see that we are obviously quite good with the makeup.

After several hours of talking, we have her convinced that we are serious. She seems a bit sad as she makes us take a test online. It is something called a COAGTI and we quickly go through answering the questions. I had read about it while doing my research and know that it is to show your ‘inner’ gender. I answer the questions the way I think a girl would and it doesn’t take long for us to finish. Mom looks at the results and shakes her head. Finally, she calls in some prescriptions to the pharmacy.

She then tells us to stay put and drives off. She comes back about forty-five minutes later with a couple of large Target bags. She pulls out two pairs of girl’s jeans, blouses, panties, socks and flat ‘ballet’ shoes. She tells us to go to our rooms, take off her clothes, and put on just the panties–then come down to her office.

We do as we are told and stand there in front of her in nothing but girl’s panties. I feel really queasy in my stomach, but try not to show it. Brianna looks scared, but like she is about to enter heaven. Mom looks at us both really seriously and says, “OK, ‘girls’. I have some medicine here that will prevent you from turning into ‘boys’ and help you to be the ‘girls’ you seem to want to be. I am only going to give it to you if you assure me one more time that this is what you really want. Also, if it is, I am going to have to insist that you be girls fulltime from this point on. I will set up some other appointments for you for after the first of the year, since I won’t be able to get you in anywhere before then. Until then, you are my daughters–including at school. So, is that what you really want?”

Bree almost melts and oozes out a barely audible, “Yes! Oh, yes, Mommy!” My stomach churns at having to go to school as a girl, but I nod and simply say, “Yes, Ma’am.” Inwardly, I am cringing, but it is to help Bree and it is only for a couple of months; just until after Christmas. How bad can it be? Bree has been feeling like she has been forced into the wrong gender for years. I can do this for her…

Mom… Mommy (I resolve to start calling her that, thinking of her that way, as a daughter would) has Bree bend over and gives her a shot in the rear and then one in the arm. Then she does the same to me. Finally, she gives each of us a pill and tells us to swallow it with a glass of milk. She says, “You will take one of these twice a day–one in the morning with breakfast and one in the evening before bed. The one you just took is your morning one for today even though it is afternoon, you will need to take another before bed tonight.”

Continued in Part 2.

up
258 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

brave boy

but I have a feeling its not going to be just a couple weeks ...

DogSig.png

Oh, what twins will do for one another...

George certainly loves Bree and will do anything for her. Time will tell what that actually means... :D

Hugs,
Shauna

Thius could be very bad for one while good for the other.

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

The question is can he live with her self for his sisters sake? I am afraid the out come may be one get cured while one gets given the condition in reverse. Not a good out come.

{announcer voice:}
Will he be able to get out in time? Will he find that being a she is to her liking? Or will he find him self trapped in the revers of the position his sister was in? Tune in ......

Good start. I like!
*awaits more*
~Hypatia >i< ..:::

Love the {announcer voice}! :)

Yes, poor George, or Gwen as the case may be, may have bitten off more than he can chew...

I think Gwen might...

have some surprises coming with the COAGTI test results. Surprise, Mom gives them the shots and pills, more than expected. Gwen welcome to Brianna's world.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

I have a feeling there will be

Renee_Heart2's picture

Two girls & not one I think he is reluctant to truly search HIS feelings. Tine will tell but they just got the blocker & an estrogen shot as well as progesterone pills.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Two girls ARE a possibility...

Only time will tell. One thing is for sure, there is still time for a lot of drama before Christmas! :)

Awwe, Thanks!

HUGS! :D

Suspension of Disbelief

It looks like you're going for a realistic to semi-realistic setting here, and I'm afraid there's one point that just blows me away. Their mother has a degree in psychology, and can use that to get hormone blockers (implying some form of licensing), and doesn't know better than to try to treat her own children? That just rang really false - let alone starting treatment after one exam and an online test.

Now, that may be nitpicking, since the main focus is less on procedure than on George helping Bree. He's exceptionally solicitous of his sister, and I hope we see the reasons for that as the story goes on - he's clearly going beyond even a normal sibling / twin bond, and in a way that is quite courageous. I expect he'll have his own set of problems now, and continuing to deal with them for Bree's sake should give plenty of opportunity to explore why he's so protective.

Good start, even if I am admittedly picking nits with it. Hope to read the next part soon,

titania.jpg

Titania

Lord, what fools these mortals be!

It will get clearer later in the series...

Titania,

Your points are well taken. There are a couple of things I would add. You are right, it is meant to be semi-realistic, and I have taken a bit of artistic license here. :) However, there are reasons for the plot that won't come out for a while yet. Suffice it to say that the Mom is no dummy, even if she is coming up on a time of the year that has become fairly depressing to her. Please bear with me and it will all come out in the end. In the meantime, hopefully you will be able to enjoy the bonds that grow in the story--along with some of the conflict that arises to balance it out.

BTW, I don't find it nit-picky, at all. It is fair criticism for a story meant to be at least theoretically plausible. :)

Hugs,
Shauna

Mother's degrees

Their mother not only has a degree in psychology, but in the very first paragraph she is introduced as a very successfull plastic surgeon. So the ability to get hormone blockers is due to her being a MD (medical doctor) not the psychology degree.

{Speculation on} Given that the story is set in a small town in Colorado and that Mommy is a very successfull plastic surgeon, who helps patients from far and wide: Could it be, that Mommy's specialty in plastic surgery is SRS/GRS? If that is the case, then she would be better versed on the whole gender identity issue than twins suspect and/or realize. {Speculation off}

Treating your own family is not so bad nor so abnormal. Even in the USA it still happens today, as has been stated in blog posts here on BCTS by at least one member. My own father has been my primary health consultant until he passed away a few months back. Since his retirement a few years ago, I would first consult with him before going to the hospital.

Jessica

You are absolutely correct, Jessica...

The Mom is able to get the meds b/c she is an MD. As far what she does in her cosmetic Sx clinic--I will leave that for later... :)

I agree, family treating family is not that uncommon. I have been operated on by my own uncle... It is not the ideal solution, in case anything goes wrong, but not unheard of, at all...

Anyway, keep speculating... :D

Hugs,
Shauna

Got the twins down pretty well

though there is not usually that much difference in the Dominate and submissive twin, as they can switch. Though with a secret from mom I suppose the shyer of the pair may be more like Brianna.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Those Boys !

I can dig Georgie wanting to um emerge, but the other one just stepped in it. Big time !!!

In prepubescent children, I wonder that the Testosterone and Estrogen levels are? It is not just the T and E that causes all this. Something else orchestrates this hormone symphony, Progesterone and a 100 other things.

Lots of us know as early as 4 or 5 years old. I wonder what would happen if say an Endocrinologists little boy had the problem and came out at that age? I know you can't do a vagie at that age, but if he could begin treatment early enough ... I wonder what if... The Doctor could begin treatment immediately and match the blood chemistry as closely as possible ...

Oh, I feel a story coming on. Unless someone beats me to it ... :)

Gwen

Please...go for it!

I look forward to the story, Gwen!

Hugs,
Shauna

Off to a quick start

Cute! But I have to agree that Mom is moving things along pretty fast, particularly making them go fulltime without any preparation. Maybe she's just trying a little shock therapy to gauge their seriousness; maybe those meds are just placebos for now)?

I do think George must be more transgendered than he wants to admit. He took to the makeup and heels awfully quick, and the things he does to help his brother/sister really seem to go above and beyond!

That's somethng I had

not considered.

Maybe she's just trying a little shock therapy to gauge their seriousness

Now get the out to the mall and see how they react.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Time will tell... :)

I already said that the Mom is shrewd. There is a lot of good discussion here, but I don't want to spoil the story...

HUGS! :)

I think that

Scooby would say, "Ruh Ro" lol. George has apparently taken this a little too far but is scared of backing out, or does the girl in him/her really want this and is not fully realized?

Vivien