Document 5: Episode 1

Printer-friendly version
Capture_0.png
A spy is sent to gather information on a possible new weapon and he finds more than he bargained for.

 
 

Document 5
Episode 1
The New Agent

By
Amethyst
He shook his head grimly. “One of the flash drives was destroyed when you were shot. They tell me that the data is unrecoverable. They couldn’t find the document you mentioned on the other drive.”

 


 
Author's Note: Again, this one is all Martin's fault, I think he conspired to get my muse drunk. I blame him completely for this episode. Thanks as usual to my readers and of course the Big Closet team who work tirelessly to give us all a great place to post and read TG fiction. ~Amethyst.
 


 
Episode 1: The New Agent

"I'm going to ask you one more time. Who are you, and what have you done with Agent Sullivan? We know that he was on board the transport when it took off, but somehow while it was in transit you managed to get on board, and now he’s missing,” Agent Little said, trying to look threatening. Looking threatening wasn’t hard for him, he looked like a gorilla in a suit and his intelligence reflected that. I wasn’t intimidated though since I had been through far worse than this before.

I hadn’t liked Little before, and I liked him even less now. I had been stuck in the interrogation room for hours now with my hands cuffed to the table in front of me, and I was starting to get really annoyed. “I already told you, I am Agent Sam Sullivan. I‘ve told you the whole story a hundred times already and I’m tired of you jerking me around Dick.” I said, spitting out his first name. “Now why don’t you get someone else with some authority in here.” I wasn’t about to go over the story with him again, whether he threatened me or not. I had far more pressing concerns at the moment, like why I was a chick now, and an urgent need to take a leak.

The door opened and Director Carson himself entered the room looking tired. He was the man in charge of Threatening Information and Technology Surveillance. We’re a watchdog agency, formed a few years ago by the CIA, for a more specific focus. That focus is to monitor and control information and advanced technology that could be used for warfare. We were basically formed to prevent wars, and make sure that no one nation has a technological edge over the USA if war does happen. He gave Dick a sour look. “Uncuff her and get out Agent Little, the science boys have been analyzing her blood and want a look at her. I will be taking her there myself. This has just gone way above your pay grade.”

The jerk uncuffed me and left the room as I rubbed my wrists and stretched to try to get some of the cramps out of my neck and back. “It’s above my pay grade too, I take it,” I said once the Neanderthal had left.

“Your pay grade just went up Agent Sullivan,” he replied stoically. “Come with me to the science lab, we have a lot to discuss.”

“Oh, so you believe it’s me now,” I replied drolly.

“You have to admit that story was a little hard to believe,” he replied as we left the room and made our way to the elevator that would take us down to the lab. “The blood tests showed that you are female right down to the chromosomes, but despite that, and a few genetic quirks they’re attributing to the serum you injected yourself with, your DNA is similar enough to Agent Sullivan to be his twin sister. “Good job recovering those power armor designs and disposing of the copies the North Koreans had by the way.”

“What about document five? Have the geeks been able to figure out the formula, or why I turned into a woman?” I asked as we rode the elevator down.

He shook his head grimly. “One of the flash drives was destroyed when you were shot. They tell me that the data is unrecoverable. They couldn’t find the document you mentioned on the other drive.”

“But I…” I started to say before it hit me. I had only copied that particular document to one of the drives.

=o-o=

The lab guys had no idea how to change me back into a guy. In fact, they only had a theory for why I was female in the first place, and it was mostly speculation. They had found faint traces of a potent nerve toxin in my blood, one that would be lethal under most circumstances. They figured that the formula used this as a catalyst to trigger the super soldier serum using the stress of near death to cause the changes in the body. The serum itself though was most likely designed to create the perfect human: stronger, faster, more agile, and with more stamina than possible by natural means. They figured that the serum saw my Y chromosome as a flaw and when it was rewriting my genetic code it opted for the more stable redundancy of a double X chromosome instead. So it rewrote not only my DNA, but my entire anatomy to match the template for the perfect female human based on my genetics.

Despite the wider hips and the breasts, which seemed humongous to me, I had actually lost a bit of mass, which I was told I had expelled through rapid hair growth. That lost mass was probably due to me losing an inch in height and now having even narrower shoulders than before. The only thing that hadn’t seemed to change was my fingerprints. Other than those basics though, they couldn’t tell me a damn thing, much less cure me. They allowed me to eat something and then ran a bunch of physical tests to test my limits. They had more tests they wanted to run on me, and wanted to see the extent of the physical changes, but Director Carson wanted to wait on that until I had some time to adjust a bit to my new body.

They had already discovered that my strength, speed, reflexes, endurance, and agility were much higher than that of a woman my age, twenty-three if you must know, in good health. They figured that if I wanted to, that I probably could have easily broken the handcuffs I had been wearing. Hell, I probably could have easily snapped that gorilla Dick in half without working up a sweat. They cautioned me to get control of these new abilities ASAP and not to use my full strength or speed in public, unless I wanted a lot of attention. Director Carson seemed very pleased with the results for some reason and wanted to discuss them in his office. He also had other matters to discuss with me.

Once we were both settled down in his office he told me what those matters were. “The intel you told us about, indicated that the North Koreans already have three super soldiers. Even if they can’t produce more, the ones they do have are a possible threat to America. There are other threats as well that normal agents just are not equipped to handle, and places impossible for regular agents to infiltrate containing technology or information that we cannot allow to stay in, or fall into, the wrong hands. I am starting a new project, code named Team Alpha. It will be a team of agents with unique skills that can face challenges no other agents can. I want you to lead that team.”

“I’m honoured sir, but I am in no condition mentally to work right now, much less lead a team. I’m pretty sure that the moment I’m alone I’m going to have some sort of mental breakdown.” I wasn’t exaggerating either; I was barely holding it together at the moment. I had already come close to tears when I had used the bathroom and discovered that my changes extended down there as well. I had to carefully avoid looking at the mirror, for fear that that would be the straw that broke the camel’s back. How was I supposed to adjust to this? I was in no shape to work, not when all I wanted to do was hide from reality until it either changed or I could come to terms with what I was now.

He gave me a sympathetic look. “I know Sam, which is why I’m ordering you to take two weeks off before we get started. We will use that time to create a new identity for you, start requisitioning equipment, and to let you adjust to your new situation. Dr. Keller will be available if you need someone to talk to about all this, and I encourage you to do so. When you come back we’ll begin training sessions for you and your team.”

I sighed but nodded. “I take it you already have team members selected?”

He spread out four dossiers on his desk, each with a photo paper-clipped to it. The first one was of a muscular black man in a military uniform with short cropped hair. “That is Agent Mike Washington, codename Bulldozer. Before he joined us he was with the air force and he’s familiar with every type of aircraft we use and a large variety of weapons. He’ll be your extraction specialist, driver, and backup support in case things get dicey,” the director explained. The next was an Asian woman, Chinese from the looks of it. “Agent Tabitha Lee, she speaks five languages and specializes in covert undercover missions and disguises. Her codename will be Inverse.”

“Codenames? Is that really necessary?” I asked.

“Yes, we don’t want any of you coming under scrutiny if communications get monitored while you’re on a mission. Codenames will make it harder for you to be identified. Your codename will be Teal, or T.L. short for team leader,” he told me before pointing to the last two pictures, making me wonder if he was serious. Who the hell thought of these ridiculous codenames? One picture was of a young Caucasian woman with short spiky black hair and blue eyes and the other was of a Latino man with a thin moustache and his hair tied back in a ponytail. "Agents Lisa Jennings and Juan Hernandez, their codenames are Cipher and Hardware and they will handle the tech side of things. Juan is familiar with most of the tech you’ll be using, he even invented some of it, and we recruited Lisa two years ago, after she successfully hacked into one of the CIA’s most secure file servers in what she called an ‘audition’. All four of them are the best we have at what they do.”

“Is there anything else I need to know?”

He nodded. “We haven’t come up with an official name for the team yet but it’s been suggested to use the first letters from each of your codenames. Also, Agent Lee has been apprised of your… unique situation and I’ve assigned her to help you adjust. While she does that you will both be staying at one of our safe houses here in L.A. She has been given the funds to help you acquire a new wardrobe as well, think of it as hazard pay.”

“Why didn’t you give me the money for the clothes?” I wondered aloud.

“There would be no way for you to cash the check until we set up a new identity for you,” he explained before pressing the intercom button on his desk, “Sally, please send Agent Lee in now.”

The door to the outer office opened and the agent in question entered the room. She was close to my age, looked just like her picture, her Chinese background was fairly obvious, and she was very good looking in an exotic way. When I stood to greet her I found that she was also shorter than me by about two inches. The director quickly introduced us, “Sam, this is Agent Tabitha Lee. Tabitha, this is Agent Sam Sullivan, the one I told you about.”

Oh no, this wasn’t awkward at all. I wasn’t quite sure what I should say, given that she was giving me the once over and apparently knew that I used to be a guy. “Uh... nice to meet you Agent Lee,” I finally offered.

“Nice to meet you too Sam,” she returned, still looking me over and seeming to take in everything with those brown eyes. “Call me Tabitha, we’re going to be spending a lot of time together so we might as well use our first names when we’re not on duty, I thought the Director Carson was pulling my leg when he told me about you. You’re definitely female though, I don’t doubt that, but you move and carry yourself like a man. We’ll need to work on that. I think we can probably use the name Samantha for your new identity, it’ll be easier for you to respond to, but we’ll need to work up a whole new history for you while I teach you the basics.” At my look of uncertainty she laughed, “Trust me, if anyone can teach you how to be an entirely new person and be convincing at it, it’s me.”

“What if I don’t want to be an entirely new person,” I asked, wondering just what I had gotten myself into.

“From what I’ve heard and seen so far you don’t have a hell of a lot of choice in the matter,” she insisted. “Let’s get going, we have a lot to do and there’s no time to start like the present.”

 © 2014 Amethyst Gibbs
All Rights Reserved
up
205 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

i know i know

I am totaly aware that its not the usual work that Amethyst is doing, this story is entirely me wanting her to let go and have some sily fun. She is a great author and I realy enjoy what she is doing (and no its not only because she is my girlfriend) But she deserve a little fun once in a wile, and this story its a way to let herself go, so its why I been a bit pushy on her for her to do it :)

I hope you enjoy it and that you get a good laugh from it.

Martin

(yea i am the Martin that Amethyst keep talking about)

I like it, I just hope it

gpoetx's picture

I like it, I just hope it doesn't over load her with all the other things she is writing, since I really can't wait to see how she develops the Hyper storyline.

Don't worry about the Hyperverse

Amethyst's picture

I'm making sure to give it plenty of attention. I'm half done the new chapter of Syryn's Song. And I'm nearly finished fleshing out Copycat's origin as well as the other two so I can get to work on them.

*hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

B.I.T.C.H. Squad?

You are really push the P.C. envelope here. If it wasn't for the two guys on the team, you would be deeply into the doghouse.

So what is your muses favorite poison? We may have to sneak her a bottle or two.

P.C

Amethyst's picture

This is me just having a little fun and not caring about being P.C. The story will be part serious part parody just because that's what my muse decided in a drunken stupor. (And my silly boyfriend was urging me to write something funny)

I'm a rum girl myself but I think my muse got into the scotch ;)

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Great little opening after

gpoetx's picture

Great little opening after the last one. Will be interesting to see where you go with this.

Uh Oh

Am I the only one who notices Cipher's name? Like in the Matrix? Bad news, folks.

Doubtful

I think the directory isn't that bright, after all, the other code names lack much imagination as it is.

Huggles,

Winnie
Winnie_small.jpg

Yup the director isn't terribly bright

Amethyst's picture

It wasn't easy coming up with unimaginative codenames. I'm really surprised though that nobody has said anything about the Acronym for their organization. lol

Glad people are enjoying it though :)

*hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Funny and Interesting Story

Nice to see you did continue this story as so many of us where hoping...

Gonna be very interesting where you take this story seeing as this is something you are gonna be writing for laughs, rather than being a serious author endeavour...

Thanks to you Martin for getting her to write this, nice to see a story from Amethyst where the plotline isn't necessarily there, and only the laughs matter :P

Edit: Did anyone else catch the name of the agency Sam works for? If I didn't know this story was for the humour, it woulda definitely clued me in... I mean, Threatening Information and Technology Surveillance... I mean, REALLY?

Let the flames of inspiration blaze within, and the sky be less of a limit, and more of a challenge

Fun with acronyms

Amethyst's picture

Martin and I had fun coming up with that name. I wanted to make it sound like an actual organization and Martin was focused on Technology and information. I noticed that all the suggestions he was making started with the Letters T and I and things escalated fro there. Agent Sam Sullivan was another subtle acronym I decided to throw in there once things started to get silly, since our main character still needed a name.

There should be an actual plot and semi-serious storyline for this, but I'm hoping to put a lot of laughs in future chapters as well.

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

she needs a good cry

best way to get all those emotions out ...

DogSig.png

definitely

Amethyst's picture

and we will probably see her have a good breakdown once she hings she can do it somewhat privately.

*hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Oh boy!

The file's gone with a bang! And now Sam's short for something longer, which is funny considering she's now shorter! So the long & short of this is she's longer than he & she's shorter than he! And now my head hurts. Are we rolling on the floor yet? Nice one Ame! Loving Hugs Talia

lol

Amethyst's picture

the long and short of it is that this story is fun to write, I hope it's fun to read too :)

*big hugs*

Amethysr

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Aw, Gee!

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Not much chance i could find an extra vile of this stuff lying around i guess, oh well.

>i< ..:::

It's possible

Amethyst's picture

Martin keeps telling me that I should do more with this one. It's me totally goofing off and taking myself everything but seriously. I'll see what I can do, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to put it into the weekly schedule, I might be able to work something out.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

More please...

ls49's picture

May I also add my comment that I'd like to see more of this? You've got a really interesting premise started, and of course, at some point she'll run into those other super soldiers - some sort of romantic twist and a defection could be interesting as well. Not to mention all the cool tech you could dream up and drop into this. I know this was a quick "side thing" that you knocked out, but it would be really awesome to read more!

Tactical Women's Alert Team

B.I.T.C.H. definitely needs to meet T.W.A.T. -- But as allies or opponents?