Siren Part 5

Printer-friendly version

Martin Fleming meets a watery end, but from beneath the surface something new will arise.
sirens_cove.jpg
I do not own any characters or places created within the marvel universe. This is merely a fictional story using some of the ideas created by marvel. Please enjoy it and don’t take things too seriously. Also this story is in no particular timeline of the X-men Universe.

Note:
Sorry about the long break everyone, but I was without my computer for several weeks due to my movers being late. I wanted to get a part out quick so hopefully this will tide everyone over until I finish my next instalment. I wasn’t expecting to head in this direction but sometimes you just have to let the characters lead you.
Enjoy!

Siren Part 5
By: Bowrider

Walking through the hallways of this gigantic school would be enough for anyone to be a little bit anxious about meeting the person who owned it. Add to that the mystery of how I ended up here and you could understand how when I was first led into the study of Professor Charles Xavier I was quite shocked to see an older man in a wheelchair. As I was observing the Professor, Bobby led me to a chair opposite Xavier and began to head out the door.

"Wait, where are you going?" I said as I was about to sit down. Even though I didn't know Bobby that well I still didn't want to be alone with someone who knew where to find me before I even got there myself.

"Don't worry, I'll be just outside the door but you shouldn't have any problems with the Professor and I am sure that you'll want to know what's going on." closing the door behind him I turned toward the Professor and sat down waiting for an explanation as to what was happening.

"Well now, I am sure that you must be quite tired and curious about what's going on after going through your mutation so why don't we start with what you would like to know, it's always better to learn about what you're interested in anyways so where would you like to begin?"

I stared at the professor trying to figure out what he was really after and trying to come up with some way of asking him when I suddenly felt a pressure in my head and heard the professors’ voice inside my mind.

"What I am after child is a way for you to understand who you are and what you have become. Mutants are feared and hated by the general populous and when I am able to help those who cannot help themselves I hope that they will move forward to teach the understanding they have learnt to others and thus lessen the hatred of those like us. You are not alone anymore and I have a whole house full of mutants to prove it. What I want Kara is a chance for you to live a somewhat normal life while at the same time teaching you how to control your new abilities."

Upon hearing his voice in my head I immediately jumped out of my chair and began to back slowly towards the door.

"What did you just do? Why could I hear you in my head?!"

I could feel myself begin to boil as I realized that my anger at this invasion of privacy had shifted me to my water form. It was unbelievable that he would be preaching understanding to me after listening to my thoughts, mutant or not.

Flinging myself through the door after opening it I made it to the entrance hallway before hearing Bobby calling after me. Without realizing I was doing so I shot a stream of boiling water out from behind me propelling me forward while soaking the area behind me. Bobby stopped and braced himself in his ice form as my water drenched him from head to toe and causing a great deal of steam to rise into the air. Being carried along by the jet of water coming out of my back I could only watch in horror as spreading out from Bobby and following along the water jet from my back his ice caught up to me and began freezing me solid.

To Be Continued...

up
163 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

uh oh!

I hope being frozen doesn't hurt her

DogSig.png

Kara

is a little high strung, but she has good reason seeing how she's been treated. Kid gloves come to mind.
hugs
Grover

Comic Ignorant

I admit I don't read comics or go to the comic-based movies so I might have missed something, but in what world is entering someone's mind without invitation or warning a good way to start establishing trust in them. I've seen entering someone's mind without permission referred to in other stories as "mind rape", and that seems appropriate here, at least in Kara's eyes. I'd have run too!

It looks to me that the "professor" and Bobby have done exactly the wrong thing to earn Kara's trust. Instead I think they've made it much harder for Kara to see them as potential friends and allies.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Short, but good.....

D. Eden's picture

And it's great to see you posting more no matter how long the chapter!

Hoping to see more soon,

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Oops

Podracer's picture

Faux pas Prof. You should know better than to spook the newly born like that.
And welcome back Bowrider

"Reach for the sun."

Relieved

I am somewhat relieved that everyone has understood where I was coming from with this chapter. I was a bit worried that people would be upset with this twist so you guys are all awesome in my books!

Well I guess.....

That's one way to stop Kara from running! Certainly not the best way though. Yes she'll have real trust issues at this rate. So happy to have you back Bowrider dear, keep'em comin' hon. Loving Hugs Talia