Jihad 10.10

Printer-friendly version

Jihad
10.10 Saudi Arabia
by Red MacDonald
Copyright© 2013 Red MacDonald
All Rights Reserved.

The Faithful, North African and Middle Eastern Islamic nations, are plotting to seize the oil resources of the Middle East. By controlling the earth's oil and its major trade routes, they plan to bring the world to its knees. Then, when the entire world is kneeling, the Faithful of Allah will read to them from the Koran, preaching the message of Islam, the True Faith. The Faithful will stop at nothing to achieve their goal. But how far will they go? And how many lives will it cost?

Persian Gulf-5x75.jpg

10 Finale

10.10 Saudi Arabia

* * * * *

10.10.1 Honors

Algarro had carefully stage-managed the entire thing. His staff had worked for days struggling with the exact wording. In the end, all references to a person's sex, rank or station were obliterated. Yet, within each of the one hundred and eighty-four folders was the story of a Saudi hero. One hundred and eighty-four folders were piled in no particular order.

"What are these?" General a-Fayd inquired.

Algarro smiled. "They are my recommendations. Each of these files tells about a Saudi soldier who has been written up by their American commanding officer for awards for bravery in battle. However, they are Saudi subjects. Therefore, it is up to you who should be rewarded and in what way."

The Chief of Staff picked out a folder and started to read it. His brows furrowed. "What is this that I am reading? This tells me nothing. Who is this person? What of his family? You must tell me who this soldier is before I can do anything."

"Why, my friend. Does this not tell you all you need to know?"

"No, it does not. Who knows about this person, or his family or relations? How shall I know what I have done?"

"Mahumaddi, my friend, what color is bravery? How big is valor? How much does courage weigh? We are military men, and these folders before you describe brave, valorous and courageous Saudi soldiers. How shall you know them? Know them by their actions. Judge them as you judge me."

"But, I know you, my friend. I have worked with you, at your side for weeks on end. I have seen your mettle. What do I know of these?"

"Take up and read, Mahumaddi. Judge them as though you were reading about your son. Then, honor them appropriately."

It took three days for the Saudis to go through the folders and sort them out by degrees of merit. In the end, they were placed into nine piles, each of which represented one type or level of military honor. Some of the piles were large. One contained only six folders. Those who were represented by those six folders were to receive the highest of all honors. They would be declared Warriors of Allah and Defenders of the Faith.

The new Warriors of Allah would be given lands and titles. They would have special places reserved for those of highest rank in the mosque. They would be made free of taxes, have the freedom of rank, and the right to travel among the King's entourage. It was the highest honor that the King could bestow.

A special medal of gold and silver was cast for each of the heroes. Diamonds and other precious stones were encrusted within them. The king himself prepared a special inscription for each of them. A small, but wonderfully crafted, gilt-handled sword was created for each hero. Each sword had an equally beautiful golden scabbard. A special scroll was prepared for each of the Warriors, describing their battle honors, their new titles, estates, and freedoms. It only then that Algarro revealed the names, ranks and units of the persons described in the folders.

The Saudi Chief of Staff almost had a heart attack! Of the one hundred and eighty-four heroes, seventeen were women. One of the new Warriors of Allah and Defenders of the Faith was a woman! A woman had been granted the freedom of the realm and the rights of the Mosque! It was madness! It was insanity! It was a conjurer's trick to defile the Mosque, defy Allah and bring the world crashing down around their heads.

"This cannot be done, Algarro," the Saudi chief growled. "The King will kill us both, and we will have merited his wrath!"

"No, I don't think so," Algarro replied loftily. "I think he's a man of his word. The King has written off on these, and there's nothing you or I can do about. The word of the King is law, isn't it?"

"Not in this. No King is above Allah."

Their raised voices had attracted attention. The curtains moved, and the Chamberlain entered. Both generals jumped to their feet. The Chamberlain came up to them, and laid a hand on each of their shoulders. "Come, let us talk together."

He led them into a small courtyard under the bright blue sky. "My sons," he counseled, "the world has changed, and we must change with it. You remember, my cousin, that I wrote a letter to you some time ago telling of the bandits? Allah had spoken to me, and I listened to him. Thus, our defeat was circumvented.

"I ask you though, in what manner did this come about? The Faith was attacked by the Faithful, while the Unbelievers and the Jews fought and died to save it. The Unbelievers and the Jews saved Islam! Do you not see the Hand of Allah in this?

"It is the time for change. The time has come to discard the relics of the past and to emerge into the world like the butterfly emerging from the chrysalis. With this rebirth will come new thoughts, new ideas and new forms.

"The Unbelievers and the Jews have taught us many lessons, as have those who we thought were the followers of Allah and His Prophet, Mohammed. Which of these proved to be true to Allah and which false? Allah showed us, and we must accept His Teachings. If we do not, we will fall, while those who do listen to Him will lead the Faithful to Makkah.

"Listen, my cousin, for the voice of Allah. It may come from a strange face or a familiar one. Listen for it."

He stood slowly, and they with him. He smiled and patted them both on the shoulder. Then, he disappeared through a small door.

Mahumaddi looked at Hector and smiled in resignation. "The next thing he'll be telling me is to go have a whisky and soda! Well, maybe Allah has plotted, and this is his goal. Regardless, this is going to cause another war before it's all over."

"Maybe, Mahumaddi, but we can only fight 'em one at a time. Now, how 'bout some of that coffee?"

The big Saudi wrapped his arm around the American's shoulder and laughed heartily.

* * * * *

10.10.2 The King's Audience

The two old men sat together on the same small sofa. For the first time in weeks, there were no military uniforms present. Only one other person was with them. He was as old as either of them, and dressed in the robes and regalia of an important rabbi.

The King spoke kindly to the old rabbi, "This is only the second time in our history that a Jew has entered these walls. The last was your General Eban. We noted then that the face of our long-time enemy was pleasant, and he was most courteous and pleasant company. We did also command that if this new relationship led to victory, then there would be peace between our peoples, and that we would honor Israel as they honored us."

"Yes, Your Majesty," the rabbi replied, "I had heard this also from General Eban. That is why I have come here as a representative of the Jewish People. We have a great opportunity to begin a new world, and, like you, we are eager to begin.

"I have come here to make a request of you, to ask for your assistance, and to present you with a gift. Let me begin by telling you of a great plan, which will be of interest to all the people of the world.

"Jerusalem is the only city in the world which is holy to Judaism, Islam and Christianity. Much of that city is new and secular, but deep in its heart lies a small area of Holy Ground, where the Faithful of each of our religions comes to worship. That area of Jerusalem is to have a rebirth.

"The area has been set aside by the Israeli government to be given commonwealth status. As such, it will fall under the military protection of Israel, but it shall be independent of that secular nation in every other way, as the Vatican is independent of Italy.

"We shall rebuild the Temple of Solomon as accurately and using as many of the original materials as is available in this world. We are working with the world's Christians to rebuild the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We ask you to lead all of Islam in the rebuilding of the Mosque of the Dome of the Rock.

"Each of these will be separate, devoted to the followers of each religion. However, we will link them together with covered arching walkways, without doors or other hindrances between them.

"When these great works are completed, we propose that all the world’s religions shall unite to rededicate these three as one Temple, Mosque and Church to the People of the Book. We shall rename our commonwealth, the City of the Book. The Edifice of the Book will be dedicated to all the followers of the One God. At each altar, the words of the One God and all of his prophets shall be held in the highest honor and respect. There will also be special places throughout the Edifice of the Book where each of the prophets will be honored.

"In this way, we, who are the guardians of the most ancient of the Faiths, will maintain the remembrance of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Isaiah, Elijah and Moses. The Christians, who are the guardians of the prophet Jesus, will maintain his remembrance while being reminded of the elder faith and root. Islam will guard the remembrance of Mohammed, bless his name, while remembering the elder faith and the teachings of those prophets who enabled him to find the One God and to discover His revelations. Thus, we will be united although different; separate, yet united in our worship of the One True God.

"We will also dedicate a new university within the City of the Book. Scholars from all faiths will be welcome to study, teach, and discuss the One God and all his prophets.

"I come to seek your advice, your assistance, and your approval of our plans. I invite you to come to Jerusalem, to see the site and to participate as a founder of this great work. In this, I have also invited the Pope in Rome, the Archbishop of Canterbury, and the Archbishop of Istanbul to join our discussions as well as many leaders of the other Christian, Moslem and Jewish communities. Only when we have all agreed can we proceed, even if it takes a century.

"The eldest of all known Torahs will be placed in the new Temple of the Edifice of the Book in Jerusalem. The Pope has offered the oldest known copy of the Holy Bible to the dedication, as has the Archbishop of Istanbul. It will be important to have some artifact of the Prophet Mohammed within the Edifice. I ask, if it is possible, that a Koran in the Prophet's own hand be used to dedicate the Mosque, the Temple, the Church, and the entire Edifice."

"I have also come here to bring this." He reached into a large bag he was carrying and extracted a magnificent Torah. "This is the second oldest Torah in existence in the world. I have come to offer this and to bring it personally into the Great Mosque of the Prophet in Mecca. It is my prayer that it will reside beside the ancient teachings of the Prophet Mohammed, long may his name be praised, so that the ancient teachings which inspired him, may also inspire others to greatness in His name."

He stood and brought the Torah forward. He kissed it, and then removed it carefully from its ancient bindings. It was indeed a gift worthy of a king's ransom, and one of such inestimable value that it could not be refused.

The King was speechless, stunned as much by the magnificence of the gift as the magnitude of the undertaking the rabbi had described. However, the Chamberlain was not as easily overwhelmed. "Teacher, your gift is magnificent in its antiquity, its value and its honor to my brother and our kingdom. But, you are a Jew. You may not enter the Mosque. It is forbidden both by your religion and by ours."

"I had considered that, Your Highness, and I offer this as comment. Your king has said, 'There will be peace between our peoples, and we will honor Israel as they have honored us.' Amen! So be it!

"We honor His Majesty and all others of the Faithful followers of Mohammed, the servant and prophet of the One God. Those followers of the One God are requested to join with us in worship, to come and rest, to talk, study or to be at peace within The Temple of the Edifice, the most holy place in Judaism. I have already requested that His Majesty's shall become a founder of the Edifice of the Book, including The Temple to the One God, whom we all worship.

"The king's words were not his, but Allah's. Allah-Yahweh has spoken through his Faithful subject, the King. I hear, and I obey! Amen!"

The King whispered in his brother's ear, but the Chamberlain shook his head in the negative. Instead, he whispered in his brother's ear. The King sighed, "Many days ago, I was surrounded by orators who I had thought were generals. They convinced me upon a course, which I was reluctant to take. Yet, the moment I stepped upon that new path, our fortunes changed, and Allah, who you call Yahweh, smiled upon my kingdom.

"Many strange things have taken place. The Unbelievers delivered us from the hands of those we thought were the Faithful. The Jews arose to defend Allah. I have even named a woman to the exalted rank of Warrior of Allah and Defender of the Faith, giving her the freedom of the mosque. Why should I be now surprised when a teacher leads me by my own words to the further exaltation of Allah, the One God?

"There is much to do, Teacher, but to this I will agree. If you will join with me on my pilgrimage, you will be the first of your faith to enter the Mosque of the Prophet in Makkah. You will come with me, and there we together shall lay this ancient Book of the One God upon His altar.

"Allah shall be our judge. If your Torah does not burst into flame, or if He does not strike me dead upon that spot, or not strike you dead upon that spot, then I shall deem that the gift given freely has been accepted by Him.

"If Allah accepts this, then who am I, a mere mortal, to transgress His Word? The Edifice of the Book shall be built, and the people of Islam shall rejoice in it. Perhaps, in this war of desolation and carnage, Allah is teaching us all a lesson.

"Yet, is it not odd that it was the Unbelievers who brought this about? We shall have to consider this as we sit together in the Edifice pondering His will."

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Red

I am truly sorry that this story has come to an end. I have read many stories here. The Warrior from Batuk is my favorite but this story of yours ranks right there with it.

Thank you is all I can say as I thoroughly enjoyed your tale of humanity from all of its bad to its good.

Best of health and success to you Sir

SDom

Men should be Men and the rest should be as feminine as they can be

City of the Book

Perhaps such a plan is the only way that peace will ever come to that troubled region, but alas it will likely also take such a terrible event such as this war to bring it about. Really a great story!
hugs
Grover

Isn't it funny (not ha ha funny)

It's funny that the three major religions of the world all basically pray to the same God but they can't agree on the details and all believe the others are in the wrong.

You present a wonderful scenario here. It would be nice if it could happen. It might even be worth the expense in lives and money. Maybe then we would only fight for economic reasons like greed.

Much Love,

Valerie R

Jihad continues

Hi, all,

I've just posted Jihad 10.09 and 10.10.

Several of you have written to me expressing the thought that this story has ended.

Not Yet!

There are four (4) more episodes to go!

So, stout hearts, I'm still contributing.

Red MacDonald

Yay!

I've been totally riveted so I am overjoyed to learn that there is more to come!

Fantastic work!

Thank you

Abby

Battery.jpg