Siren Part 8

Printer-friendly version

Martin Fleming meets a watery end, but from beneath the surface something new will arise.
sirens_cove.jpg
I do not own any characters or places created within the marvel universe. This is merely a fictional story using some of the ideas created by marvel. Please enjoy it and don’t take things too seriously. Also this story is in no particular timeline of the X-men Universe.

Siren Part 8
By: Bowrider

I waited a few moments in front of Bobby’s’ door after knocking expecting to hear some movement inside. When about a minute had passed I tried opening the door and upon finding it unlocked I tentatively entered into one of the most amazing sights I had ever seen. Floating in the air all around the room were snowflakes which seemed to hover instead of falling to the ground like they were sparkles in a snow globe.

Transfixed as I was by the floating snow I didn't notice at first but entering the room from just behind me was Bobby. It wasn't until I heard his gasp behind me that I noticed he was there.

"How is this possible? You were solid ice; even the professor couldn't hear your thoughts. You should be at the bottom of the pond right now..." Bobby said while slowly backing away from me.

"You know Bobby I'm getting kind of tired of people writing me off, so what if I was frozen; you turn into ice when you choose to. As for the 'mighty' professor, you brought me to somebody who not only read my mind without permission, but wrote me off as dead and dumped me into a pond." I sighed and tried to reign in my temper as I remembered what I was here for.

"Look, I heard from some of the others that you haven't left your room since I was frozen. You shouldn't waste away in here, even if the weather is pretty. I'm fine okay, it was probably more my fault what happened anyways. I lost control after what happened in the office and I guess I found out what it takes to stop me when I lose my cool. So stop mopping and show me around the school, I decided to stay as long as the professor leaves my thoughts for me to sort out.

Bobby just stood in front of me absorbing what I had told him and then stepped forward and wrapped me up in a hug saying, "Thank you for coming back, I would be honoured to show you around."

Stiff as a board at being hugged by a guy I didn't know what to think, all I knew was that I was going to have to be a lot more careful about what I say to guys now that I had switched teams.

Thinking quick about how I could get free without offending him I said, "Umm... I'm glad you feel better and all Bobby, but you need to let go of me now. I may be water at the moment, but I am still naked right now so this is actually really awkward."

Instantly Bobby took on a horrified expression and quickly let me go and turned himself away from me.

"I can't believe I didn't think of that, I'm so sorry Kara my mind didn’t even go there. I was just happy you were staying is all, I'll go get some clothes for you, just wait here." He said very quickly before racing down the hallway and into one of the other rooms where I heard him talking quickly to another girl judging by the sound of her voice.

Relieved at being able to free myself from his hug and at the prospect of getting some clothes again I left Bobby to it and started exploring his wintery wonderland of a room. It was a fairly spacious setup and clearly had been lived in for quite some time judging by the number of pictures on the wall. Some of the people in them were actually familiar too like Kitty and Kurt. While examining a calendar on his wall I found out that I had been frozen for six days which meant I had been a mutant for a little over ten days now. Looking back I hadn't really had a chance to adjust to my new reality yet, I had been simply surviving until now.

Bobby came back a few minutes later to find me on my knees and weeping over what I had lost.

"Kara... What happened? Why are you crying?"

"I've been running since this happened and I just don't know who I even am anymore. Everything sort of snapped when I thought of how I got to this point."

Taking a few steps across the room he crouched beside me saying, "All of us go through what you are at least a few times after emerging, but I want you to know that it does pass. All of us here in the school will be able to help you rediscover yourself, so until you're ready to ask us for help remember that you are a survivor. You've proven it many times already to me, so build from there and try to have some fun along the way. Now let's get you dressed and I can show you where you're new room will be. I think I'll save the rest of the tour for tomorrow though, you can get some rest in your room and you can meet everyone later."

Not knowing what else to do I composed myself and meekly followed him back to a room across the hall from the girl he got the clothes from.

Embarrassed over my emotional outburst I mumbled a quiet 'good night' and shut the door behind me before I could humiliate myself further.

To Be Continued...

up
159 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good! Bobby & Kara....

Can have a fresh start tomorrow. To say Bobby's relieved would be an understatement! Thanks hon for the teaser! Loving Hugs Talia

One minor detail

You should be at the bottom of the pond right now..." Really? Who dumped her in the pond and why?


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Pond

She got turned into an Ice Statue just inside the door to the building. Large amounts of melting ice plus indoors is not a good combination. Large chunk of ice plus a pond? Good place to put the ice. Also, while ice does float, melt water is actually denser than warmer water so will sink to the bottom of the pond.

"weeping over what I had lost."

well, the tears had to come. Hopefully, its a "good cry" that helps her heal ...

DogSig.png

Short chapters! Barely get

Short chapters! Barely get started, then end.

alissa