Squires-30

Printer-friendly version

Jess Stone had breasts. He had been like this his entire teen life not quite fitting in anywhere that he had lived and at the same time he hadn’t really had the chance to. His folks moved around a lot with his dad being a hydrological engineer but they were slightly afraid of what might happen to Jess if he attended school. Some people just didn’t get it or wanted too. Jess was now attending a new school when he decided to change things...

Only it was everyone else that was getting changed!

Squires
Chapter 30
by Bailey Summers

Copyright © 2012 Bailey Summers
All rights reserved.

Squires-30

 


Image Credit: anime couple


 

*Andy…………

It was hard to concentrate on the movie. Not that the movie was bad at all it was just that Danny…Dani was so pretty…it was this sort of this knowing pretty too. Dan was smart, like wicked smart and funny and there was just something…

That night there in the parking lot after the fight.

He’d never been so drawn to a boy before.

Then the stuff that came out after that talk.

Dani…god she was something he didn’t get but wanted to.

And he didn’t feel gay…he didn’t think of guys like that at all.

But Dan…Dani… A completely different story.

He smiled when they touched hands over the snacks just in that cliché way and when the popcorn ran low he tilted the bucket so they could reach in easier.

And then there was the smile.

It was shy and it was nervous and it was that just that first time out and first time for this there was just so much to that smile.

“Wow.”

Dani blinked then looked at the screen and there wasn’t really a wow moment going on and then they looked back at Andy.

“Wow?”

“Yean you kinda have this wow smile.”

He watched their eyes widen a little and saw that little catch of breath and then the blush started to creep in…Well flood more like it given Dani’s complexion and stuff.

“I...I do?”

“Patience this is our first date.”

There was a slight delay and then there was that eye thing again but totally different as they caught the joking quip. He grinned as Dani repeatedly punched him in the meat of the shoulder.

“Ass…that…is…not…what…I…meant…” Each pause was a smack to him and he was having trouble not laughing and by the time that they we’re done they were smiling.

He smiled at Dani and not the; it’s something funny smile but this kindness smile there, the I like you smile and said. “Yeah, yeah you do have this very wow smile.”

Now it was Andy’s turn to blush some and Dani unexpectedly leaned forward and lightly kissed him.

And just like they were dressed it was actually soft and sweet and dainty in its own way. It had definitely taken him by surprise and he inhaled like that through the first part of the kiss and then Dani broke it as he sighed an exhale.

They looked at each other and he licked his lips a little self-consciously but sort of smiled. “I can taste you…”

Dani blushed. “I’m sorry it…it’s just that felt like a kissing moment, I mean with things going the way that they were and this and it’s romantic and…”

Andy leaned forward and kissed Dani this time and it was their turn to be surprised and inhales as they were being kissed and he slid his hand up to their neck to touch it and cradle them in that romantic touch way as they kissed.

This time he did it with purpose and Andy was pretty sure he had more experience with kissing than Dani did and he leaned in at times and pulled back when she leaned ahead and touched their jaw or their side through the dress that they were wearing and even slid the back of his fingers at one point from their elbow to their wrist when Dani was getting all covered with thrill bumps.

He broke the kiss with a smile. “I like making you shiver.”

Dani put their forehead to his and tried to pant quietly saying. “Here I thought that I was going fast.”

“We are but at the same time…I know we had bad stuff happen Dani but I feel connected to you.”

Dani looked at him and smiled.

“You were an asshole back then and I don’t know what changed…like seriously changed with you but you saved my butt and then you went…further…you let me just be me…with no labels.”

“I don’t want to do that Dani; I don’t want to label you. I don’t want to hurt or scare you…I did that once before.”

*Danny…………

Andy was…Andy was a great kisser and it was so very, very different and very, very amazing to feel the feeling that they were feeling right now.

You know when you dream of something, and it’s just a maybe…a might be and you’re so unsure?

Sometimes he was good just Dan or Danny and sometimes he wondered and there were other times when it was more than a wonder and not quite an ache but something in between all of that was actually Dan’s usual state no matter how much he laughed it all off.

But to be looked at like this…to not feel out of place but kind of nice, normalish too but nice…but that was sort of just the experience of looking like and dressing like…getting looked at with that actually being liked way and then…being told sweet things and Andy knew, everything was completely above board.

And they still kissed.

And Andy kissed them back which was waaaay more breathtaking than Dani thought that it would be.

And now this…

This heartfelt admission and Andy was almost shaking.

About them?

It really, really looked to be which was mind boggling to Dani because they were pretty sure that the odds of that kind of thing before this kind of thing actually had happen were like next to somewhere between being killed by a falling anvil.

It was also infinitely more interesting than the movie.

They almost bit their lower lip but remembered not to and tentatively they reached out and put their hands on Andy’s shirt.

He was so…well he was a really big guy, he’d always been one of those big kids but he wasn’t really a kid anymore and he was so hard too.

No, not in the porny kind of hard…not that they thought so but hard with like muscle and sized he was so solid it felt strange to touch.

Dan was wiry, but still solid for all of the in his room stuff he did his dad always had things to do and chores and stuff…but this felt different.

It made Dani tilt their head a little wondering if this was from just the oddness of touching another person.

They were trying to reassure, to calm Andy down.

“I know, like I said I really get that stuff’s changed. Do you think I’d go out with someone like this for my first time if I didn’t trust them?”

Andy blinked looking surprised.

“You trust me?”

“Yes, actually I do.”

“I think that’s the best thing anyone has ever said to me in a long, long time Dani.”

Oh..

“Kiss me again.”

“What?”

“Kiss me again, I think I like it.”

“You do?” Andy got this sweet and innocent happy smile going that almost made Dani cry for him.

They’d never ever seen that look on his face any time when they’d been going to school together.

And that was kind of sad really.

But Andy…Andy had made them feel right now tonight so many things that were those drive you crazy what ifs tonight and these other feelings that just were never really real for Dani until now.

They wanted more.

And then suddenly there was more kissing.

Soft at first and short as they moved and got kissing comfortable and then a little longer and before long it wasn’t just exploring the kissing thing it was really falling into it.

Oh and when Andy did stuff like reaching up and doing that romantic movie head/face cradle thing it was amazing. Dani wasn’t even sure that it was a gay thing or a girl thing but it was safe…protected almost in this serious way.

And then the lights slowly came up and the credits were rolling and there were a few people looking at them with knowing grins and smiles and Dani colored and so did Andy.

“We should go and meet up with your friends.”

Dani really blushed. “I think it might be a good idea if we waited through the credits.”

Andy did this head tilt a little confused looking again and then he got this ‘Oh’ look on his face and then a smile.

“Wow…”

Dani cover their face with their hand but peaked through the fingers. “Wow?”

“I think you like me.”

Dani closed the fingers for a few seconds and then opened them and looked at him. “Uhm…yes.”

Andy then actually just reached over and held Dani’s hand.

It didn’t take a whole lot for Dani to lower their hand and smile.

Having the turned on and sexy feelings and Andy being good with it was one thing but this…this sort of just simple moment was actually just as good to them.

No one held Danny Reilly’s hand before and even if it was Dani…it was still that big a deal.

It still felt that good.

Heart fluttered good lump in the throat good.

Things were under control now. “Okay…let’s go and find Lindsey and Penn.”

They got up and followed the crowd out of the theater but still held each other’s hands.

*Lindsey…………

It was very, very different…

Okay it was more than that since she’d never really been on a date of any kind before and now she was on one with Penn to sort of help Danny out.

Or Dani.

Normally the whole gender and sex stuff was as confusing as hell to her.

Thin and just kind of getting hit with just enough teenaged hormones to say that she was a girl or that people thought that she was a girl had been rough.

It’s hard to dress or do things when you don’t really feel them inside it’s like trying to paint or like play an guitar or something when you really don’t have full sensation in your hands.

Oh you can do it but it’s not the same.

But she had to admit that Danny or Dani…there was a something there that was…oh.

She didn’t know if it was Dani sort of being on the same level as her in sort of a reverse way.

But she’d felt something.

Something other than being dishwater.

Grey.

And as much as she felt something and still quite didn’t know what she was sort of feeling a different kind of something here too with Penn.

She hated the whole fresh meat thing that the lesbian girls seemed to have had with her and she wasn’t sure she even really knew what attention from guys was like except for up until very recently she was a non-entity and pretty much socially invisible.

And when you’re that way for so long it kind of sinks in.

But being the person that was doing the asking…

Oh that was very different and it felt a lot different too.

Okay she was not used to paying but then again she’d never really had someone pay for her either so it wasn’t that bad actually.

She even carried the tray with their drinks and the popcorn and even did the arm before you thing to Penn who looked like it was a sort of a surprise to her but maybe not a bad one.

See Penn was one of those ask her dates out girls. Getting asked out for her first time too.

The movie was actually pretty decent too and Lindsey sort of relaxed into it. Maybe a same sex date wasn’t all that different than going out with a friend. Not that she had the chance yet to just kinda hang like that but it was sort of what she thought it looked like.

There was even something actually nice about being on a date with another girl that sort of felt a bit less guarded.

Penn’s sort of current look helped that the down played sort hair and the glasses but just dressed in those comfy clothes…compared to home with Lindsey’s mom and her sisters it was a lot easier to take.

But there wasn’t some of the stuff that you’d expect on a date really except Lindsey was kind of trying to pay more attention to being the asker and the stuff with that like actually having some napkins for penn to wipe her fingers off with post-popcorn and that actually earned her the occasional look and a smile.

Which was a little uplifting in a very different sort of way.

She and penn left after the movie and waited around for Andy and Dani and both looked like they had the whole stereotypical date night thing with a bit of a blush to each of them and they we’re a little messy and stuff but they looked like they we happy and having fun.

She smiled at Dani. “Good time?”

There was another hint of blush. “Excellent actually, you?”

Penn actually answered first. “Actually I’m having a really good time.”

Lindsey looked at her and sort of slid her hands into her jacket pockets. “So do we want to do anything else?”

Dani looked at Andy. “I don’t have to be home until pretty late its Saturday night.”

Lindsey looked at the clock.

“We could do something, what’s open?”

Penn smiles. “I know a couple of teen dance clubs.”

Lindsey and Andy both said in stereo. “No…”

Which made Dani grin and lean on Andy still holding his hand. “We could go and play pool.”

Penn perked up at that. “I could dig that, I haven’t played since I was like a kid but I like pool.”

Andy nodded. “We could go to Sharky’s”

Dani nodded and Lindsey shrugged. “Never heard of it.”

Dani said. “It’s kind of one of those old places.”

“You okay with that, I mean with everything?”

Dani blinked. “Oh…oh yeah actually I mean I think that I am.”

Penn nodded. “If it gets bad we’ll leave it’ll not be the first time that it got rough in a place I’ve been too.”

Andy just sort of said in this kind of quiet voice but giving off this whole intense thing that two kids close by walking past walked further out and past.

“The three of you’ll be safe.”

Lindsey looked at him and she could tell he was serious and maybe…Danny said he fought or something. And right now she could kind of see rough guy bad neighborhood coming off of him.

Oddly she thought that might be one of the things she actually liked about Andy. It kind of put him in that same sort of class as she lived in. Jessie and them were awesome but there was something that when you had no choice of growing up as that sort of marks you.

Poor white trash was one of the labels that stuck with you these days…if you didn’t have a phone or I-pad or the latest clothes and a whole list of other things then…yeah…trash…thug…dishwater.

“I’m game let’s go.”

They piled into the car and they drove around until Andy parked outside this pizza place called Michael’s and there was a set of stairs actually going down from the street and an old half lit sigh over the doors saying Sharky’s.

Dani was actually singing as they went inside. “Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name, and they’re always glad you came….”

Okay…?

Penn actually grinned and the low-fived.

Andy looked a little lost too.

Lindsey looked around and she sort of liked it.

It was exposed red brick and there were a whole lot of tables and there was a good mixture of people playing and there was a few pinball machines and a mini-shuffle board table there and a wraparound sort of shelf for most of the place where people put drinks and stuff and there were a few standing racks for coats and stuff and some chairs.

It was dimly lit but it was still…it wasn’t a place that you’d see a whole lot of people from school at that you didn’t want to see.

But there were a few.

“Shit…Dani.”

“I know…I don’t care.”

“Are you serious?”

Dani looked. “They’ve already seen me Linds if I bail then it’s just going to like may an issue out of it and stuff.”

“Okay…are you sure?”

“Yeah, I’m in a dress and on a same sex date…sort of…Johnny lives this life all the time. She’s my friend and I’m not going to run form something that might just be me because it’s getting scary.”

Penn looked at Dani. “Good screw em let them hate.”

Lindsey looked at Dani. “You’re sure?”

Dani looked at them and grabbed a cue. “Yeah, I’m going to tilt.”

*Penn…………

Being the date was a new experience for her.

We she’d come out to herself it was a sort of relief as to why she didn’t work with guys well and why she felt so off on those few dates or pseudo dates given the age that she was figuring stuff out.

Then she kind of got it two summers back.

And then she was presented with a whole new thing of dating while lesbian.

And she was not one of the femmes or lipsticks or even really one of the butches either she was kind of there like she had sort of a lesbian core with a bit of a gender queer wrapper. That was kind of a little bit of punker and metal head meets Harry Potter fan.

She actually really did like the books and she read stuff like that because she sometimes if the story wasn’t too guy theme heavy could put herself in the same place as like Harry and stuff.

So she never really got asked out a lot and she had spent a very sort of out and hurting and isolated first year free from her closet.

Then she sort of got her legs under herself sort of and met Bobbi and her friends in the LGBTQIA and some at one of Bobbi’s lesbian jam-sessions which were like books on feminism or even like just talking about stuff and she met some older lesbians and some self-titled Dykes and she started to get that she needed to do the asking some times.

And it worked…she liked it she liked the sort of rush and stuff of being bold and that was pretty much when Penelope became Penn.

Lindsey though…she asked her out and yeah it was for a friend and it was a favor but she was already pretty different.

Lindsey was definitely Not like the other girls she’d know so far.

And that was kind of cool.

They got a table and yeah there were people that knew them all from school and even for a place like this it was still…it was a local hang out and there were some middle classed kind of kids there the ones that could afford going out for pizza and spend the night playing pool and stuff.

And there were a few people doing the sly camera phone bits at Dani and even her and Lindsey when they were standing close together or when Lindsey had actually slipped upstairs and had come back from the pizza place with a milkshake for her.

And that was cool because that was really nice and out of the box for a date. She wasn’t even sure that she’d have thought of it.

Even the pool was good because everyone actually didn’t really suck and they were having a good time until it came time to go to the bathrooms and one of the girls that had been taking pictures and trying to be all sly about it went to the manager and he looked like he was going to say something as he came down the little hall and she looked at Andy who looked like he was going to get really pissed and shook her head and then she pushed Lindsey and Dani into the men’s bathroom.

He didn’t follow them and she looked at Dani. “You okay?’

“Yeah…wow that escalated quickly.”

Penn nodded. “Yeah it can, I know some people that would have a cow over you going into the Jane.”

Lindsey did an eyebrow raise as she was looking at one of the urinals. “Jane?”

“I use Jane guys say using the John all the time and screw that whole ladies room thing.”

Dani actually went into a stall but could be heard asking. “Why?”

Penn snorted. “Because even if everyone’s female in there it doesn’t mean that they’re ladies.”

Some guys came in and Lindsey moved over to the wall and penn moved beside her and Lindsey was watching the guys who looked around like they might be looking for Dani.

Penn took out some gum and she looked at the guys. “Urinals are free boy’s we’re done using them.” (Gum-pop.)

They could hear Dani snerk from the stall.

One of them looked red faced and embarrassed and the other looked pissed and said. “Effing dykes.”

And went for the stall.

And that’s when the door of the bathroom opened and Andy walked in.

Then Lindsey comes out and sang. “And you don’t mess around with Slim…”

The one guy that looked like he was going to do something turned pale.

Dani snerked again from the stall then came out smoothing their dress.

The two just stared like deer in to headlights or goons actually caught doing something stupid and Dani walked over to the sinks joined by Lindsey and penn grinned joining them and snapping her gum like a sarcastic little whip crack and even though Lindsey and she we’re really doing the make-up thing they took their sweet time in the mirror and Andy right there staring them both down…he actually started pacing and he got once around the bathroom done before they left in a real hurry.

They looked at each other and grinned and even Andy did and they headed out of the bathroom and each one kissed him as a thank you with Dani for last and a bit…longer.

They left together and the nasty girl was definitely with one of the two and there were a few others that looked like part of the wannabe crowd and Dani was heading for the door…yeah it was time to leave.

Lindsey slipped her jacket on and adjusted the collar with her hands doing the middle finger thing and penn grinned…this was…it was actually kind of cool.

She looked at the manager as she got ready to go.

“You might want to stand up to the bigots before the place gets a bad rap.”

She had to admit the poor guy looked like he didn’t know what was the right end of any of it but she wasn’t going to stick around for a lecture.

Especially when she knew a lot of people that might…no that actually did have the same issue.

That left her sort of thinking as they headed for Andy’s car and he started to drive them back to Lindsey’s place.

She just might to have to tilt too but maybe against some people she called her friends.

up
167 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Isn't that the theme of the whole story?

Be yourself, accept & support others, and ...

“You might want to stand up to the bigots before the place gets a bad rap.”

I love that song

"Don't mess around with Slim!" and it involved pool. Defying expectations and how humans try to force each other into these little 'boxes' and categories, is all part of that tilt. I'm thinking Monday is going to be very interesting, but they have all of Sunday to think about how to handle it. They do have some pretty smart friends. :)

Hugs
Grover

I'm liking Lindsey more and more

She's showing real strength and quick thinking. Becoming one of the movers of the bunch.

Jim Croce just came to mind.

It worked really well into the scene and we're getting closer and closer to Monday.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Happy to see a new chapter!

I kind of double checked with Dani:they, but realized it's really Danny/Dani:they, at least I think that is what you are getting at. I hope that Dani/Danny manages to coalesce to the point she can manage "her"self without the pluralism.

Thank you for continuing this Most Excellent adventure!

SuZie

You just gotta Tilt.

Glad you enjoyed it.
*Great Big Proud Angel Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Just got caught up

KristineRead's picture

I had missed a couple of updates, and finally got caught up.

Things keep getting interesting. Have to admit, I'd kind of like to see Lindsey and Dani, but Penn and Andy were great with them tonight.

Thanks for the update!

Hugs,

Kristy

There's a dynamic between Danny and Lindsey.

Friendship and maybe a little more? No matter what is going on Andy and Penn are pretty good characters.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Me too, Kristine,

Maren Sorensen's picture

I'd really like to see Lindsey and Dani make a go of it. I guess it's just the way I'm hardwired. But the way they were introduced, they just seemed made for each other. I'm sure, However, that Bailey will make me happy however it works out...

Best wishes,

Maren

Well some relationships are roundabout.

And there's different levels of friendship and comfort levels too. The big thing with Penn and Lindsey was a favor that Lindsey felt sort of honor bound in a way to at least try to make into a date.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

every group

it seems has its elitists, Penn looks like she making up her own mind. don't you just love it when a wanna be meets a real man.
good chapter, thanks

I'm going to touch on some of the stuff in LGBTQIA in this.

There are issues and there is attempts at Heirarchy or Kyriarchy and other stuff going on all the time in addition to other people and their crap too.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

I'm so glad you're writing again...

Maren Sorensen's picture

Especially this (and Masks... and Gem... et al) It's hard to have favorites among your stories because they are all so powerful and involving. But this one is special to me for reasons we've discussed. I love the dynamics among all the players, but hope we'll be moving back into the "main action" again soon. I'm anxious to see how things turn out with school, the alphas, the administration, and the community at large...

I LOVE this story!

Maren

And of course

Congratulations on the win, and a great strory

I definitely agree Ms. Summers!

I think this chapter turned out rather well too! I just love how the characters here are evolving! I also loved the use of lyrics in some of your scenes (like the bathroom scene!). Bailey dear, I really did miss reading about our kids here. Thank you for coming back to it hon. Loving Hugs Talia

Is this a kissing book?

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Is this a kissing book?

The above princess bride quote apart (sorry couldn't resist) that was a pretty kewl date and I'm beginning to ship Dani and Andy a bit. :-)

And with Penn we may have gained another squire.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

More of the same

Jamie Lee's picture

As with the other four kids, these four are also exploring their feelings, their wants, their being able to be who they want to be. And they were able to be themselves and enjoy the time together.

No one goes into a business and controls the atmosphere. Those owning the business set the tone and keep it as they want. When that girl went to the manager, he should have told her either skip it or hit the door. And if she continued causing trouble she'd be thrown out on her butt. The guys with her. If management doesn't tolerate crap, it has a better chance of not appearing. These kids aren't in school, so arrests can be a great possibility. Especially if they as sultry someone.

Others have feelings too.