Evanescence 27

Printer-friendly version

Evanescence 27

*Before…………

Us….Me and Maeve…one of the other Evanescence’s before me…not the one that defeat Asmodeus but she was still one before she died killed and hunted down by Rapture. We call on others inside us together waking more of us...me...the before me's.

*And now…

Kella…Celtic, shepherd’s daughter.

Claire…Gaulic and buttermaker and hedgewitch.

Anika…Germanic and a midwife of some powers.

Quinn…Welsh, and a boy with the power who knew that he should’ve always been a girl.

Delia…A Scotswoman and a woolcarder and a fine hand with medicines and the healer’s needle.

Kendra…A roman owned African slave woman kept close to the regiment for her healing hands.

I’m…so…full…so much here and we’re in it bad and deep and I see things…see.

“Aaaaah!!!”

I scream…we scream and in multiple voices and I/We turn on the bastard demon Rapture and I can see the hell in him the foulness reeking off of him into his host like toxic waste from the movies.

He tried to butcher kids in from of me.

He killed Maeve and led his Romans into Britannia and he butchered people, her people countless others in his demonic madman’s quest.

He’s come after me, after us and he’s taken the lives of lovers, loved ones and innocents all because of this…this…

Why?

Why did this war even start! Why are we the one’s fighting it!

“This fucking ends now!”

Blades of air…

Spun air so fine and fast it becomes hard from the very turbulence…these hardened discs I send them at him. Bursts of three and three then five they cut into him well his host and they do some damage but the thing he’s wearing it’s tough, made to house him according to my Kendra memories of some of the tat’s we’re seeing.

He swings on us and we move and dodge and the majik I use to make the discs I use and fuse into a shimmering sword and use it as those within me that have used a long blade take over to counter his knife.

I fall into myself right in the middle of the fight with other versions of me still in the fore of myself fighting I reach…looking, looking for a way to end this and to end him…forever…no getting sent back to Hell…I want him gone.

It’s just not there and with a frustrated cry inside I rise to the surface.

“Is that you screaming in there Hooker? Can you see it now; can you smell me with your new body?”

I can feel Molly there confused but still pulled away, huddled inside of me.

“Oh c’mon Hooker, Little witch, Little bitch…” His voice…his voice is changing?

I know that voice…she knows the voice.

Drake…Drake a friend…another sex worker…another spell worker…another addict.

Memories are flooding up.

Me and him smoking up…me tending his bruises from Johns…

Us hanging out in the rain drinking pastiche in the rain sheltering under a waking bridge in central part…smoking cheap ass black market Chinese smokes and thinking we were cool.

Me…Molly showing him her magic.

Being lovers…sharing needles.

Showing him magic…little things…he had talent, the touch…

………………………………............................Then…that night…he…he showed me him able to move things…little things but still…that he made little balls of light…then we kissed.

Made love.

Got high…heroin…black…sweet…So high…so fucking high…and into it…into the magic we had…what we shared.

I remember laying there…dreamy high…afterglow…drunk too….and Drake with the spoon again…the candle…the needle.

~No…Drake…no…I’m too lit…~

~It’ll be okay baby, I’ll make things so much better.~

~Better? Ish…awesome…~

~Better…the master promised it’ll be better, but you have to go away Molly.~

The needle jabs into my…another track but one I never asked for.

I…

He…

………………………………...I can’t hold back and Molly’s front and center inside me almost pushing me away, dragging me down…I feel her reach and grab onto our power.

*** Jill………..

I’m fighting and get my blade through another one of these things trying to fang my little brother and I hear a scream coming from Raine. I block another vampire trying to take my arm off and pop a round into his heart and he goes green dust.

And I see Raine…I see her shape change and become…

Molly….My Molly…..

*** Raine/Molly…………

Drake…Rapture…

He…

“I didn’t do it!”

He laughs and lunges with the knife. “No…no you didn’t babe, you were a good one…a part of my pact.”

“Pact…you…” We barely get the wind blade up in time to block the strike and there’s force rippling through both of us…I think the floor cracked a little. He leans in our blades locked.

“Yeah, I did! I wanted the power, needed it!”

“I loved you, you were my best friend!” I pull the blade out and down and I got at him…all the pain, all the betrayal just bubbling up and all the consciousness that I have had…thinking…thinking and not remembering the stuff from my overdose.

My murder! He betrayed me, he murdered me.

“Oh Molly…Molly, nobody has ever loved you!”

(Sob!) I can’t help it…the words hurt so much. Drake/Rapture’s blade hurts even worse…he’s so fast when he cuts my arm, my side. (Pain-scream.)

There’s something on the blade…the cuts burn like acid.

It’s hard to breath immediately.

The blade flashes at me and there’s a shing as Jill catches it on her blade and brings her gun up towards his head.

“Wrong meat sack I loved her!”

*** Shaun………….

Jill was a help two down when shit goes crazy.

Crazier.

She actually shape shifts…shifts into one of her other selves…lives.

I didn’t think they could do that? I mean that will be so effed up if they start taking Raine over.

I’m not sure what I’ll have to do about that.

I’m not sure what I’ll do about this…her…and Jill…because it’s Molly. My sisters ex-lover, the girl she was going to retire from the forces for.

And apparently this guy that has the demon riding in him murdered her.

Jill leaves my side to do what she has to do.

I can handle my end.

Push the power, make my muscles move harder and faster…it’s actually like medical physics and that stuff. It’s thankfully not Buffy where becoming a vampire makes you like a martial artist or something so I’m actually doing pretty good since these guys aren’t any better at fisting than I am….we’ve all fought though before so it is pretty down and out.

I might not be able to shock them or roast them but I do have an axe…and you take a vamps head off and they dust like you staked them.

Sloan’s a whirlwind of death though…I know next to nothing about the fae except my grandfather doesn’t like them and his farm was pretty well blocked to them with lots of metal and stuff around.

I don’t think it was a history or mage thing but it seemed personal.

Grandma too, though I think she’d be less ornery about things than him.

I drop these last two and I see Raine get cut and blood flies and she…Molly screams and I’m a few steps behind her swinging my axe.

He’s not undead.

*** Stevie…………

We’ve got it floored and the beacon we’re seeing is flickering out.

Andrea’s cursing and taking us around corners and the tires are squealing as we do and I’m on my phone calling Dorian and Shadira and trying to give streets and turns as we’re making them and we go into a wild spin as a police motorcycle comes crashing in through the window of the car.

I get out of the car and demi-shift enough to kick in some healing and there’s fighting going on as there’s like all these kids? Well like street kids or party kids and they’re eyes are shimmering green and then there’s vampires fighting with cops? No soldiers of some kind?

Then there’s a leech coming at me and I charge mana together imaging and converting it into fire and fire blasting the them to ashes.

Andrea is shooting some of these kids…in the thighs…hurting them but not killing them but she’s heading pretty intently towards this nightclub that all these things are coming from.

I duck a vamp and come up with a claw uppercut slicing him good and then I’m bumping into this guy in a suit with the whole g-man and man in black thing and we’re back to back.

“What the fuck are you?” He asks shooting his gun and then snapping out a baton.

“Back up.” I duck a hit and shove my palm filled with power into this green eyed girl pushing power into her brain…. ~Sleep.~

She goes down but that green…it’s like the shit from before.

“No like what?” He snapped his baton out blocking a punch headed my way.

“Stevie.”

“I said…”

“Yes and lovely manners really.”

“Good point…Stevie…I’m Chris.”

“Nice to meet you.” I duck a swing and send the vamp backwards with a force push the get him off of me then I fire blast him apart.

“Thanks for the back up.” He thumps me in the chest with his gun arm and fires off five or six rounds dusting a vamp. “Welcome to Sunnydale.”

up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A very long time

since we've seen more of these girls and guys. Welcome to Sunnydale indeed! :)
Hugs
Grover

Writing blocks suck!

I was so blocked with this and some other stuff...Raine, Stevie were some of Wren's favorites and it hit pretty hard.

Good to get another one out though.
Felt like real progress.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

well this is

always a favorite as its one of your first that I started following. an still not the worst gap i've seen. short but great fight so far.
keep up the great work, thanks

It happens when it is supose to.

You are one of the most prolific and accomplished writers on this board. But even you my sweet cant overcome the laws of creation. Things are born or continue when they are suppose to, the river can not be pushed Dear.

All of us are grateful for your taking the time and effort to bless us with our work. And it is good to see this story line continue thank you.

Huggles

your misbehaving faerie

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

I am so grateful for my amazing readers.

They've been very patient with me and this story. And others like you very caring.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*

Bailey Summers

yessss!!!!

you made my day a verry good one by picking up this story
thank you verry mutch

erik je

Just glad to see an eppy

A shape change? That should be interesting.

Glad to see...

You finally get back to this story Bailey. Happy that your muse has at long last helped you post this long awaited chapter. Thanks Bailey!

Hugs,
Tamara Jeanne

I'm glad this has come back to me honestly.

Blocks suck and I was really, really wanting to write for this but nothing was happening.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers