My Super Secret Life…Scarlet-18.

Printer-friendly version

My Super Secret Life…Scarlet-18.

Chapter 18

*Before…

And he’s very, very married.

Man…getting used to this and being me and these super hero types is going to take a whole lot more getting used to.

I kind of get him out of my head and I’m trying to take note of the ride since I’ve never been in an aero-ambulance before and the EMT looks at me and it’s the guy that I met with the whole big thing that happened down town when I first helped out all the other AA’s.

“Hey you.” He says in quietly and nicely kinda of caring guy and gentle like…I know because I’ve used the same tones myself.

“Hey…….” Oh...oh man I can’t remember his name.

*And Now…

He smiles at me. “Well I could chalk the fact you have no idea who I am to the blows to the head and the fact that last time we met we were kind of busy and all.”

“I…uhm…could we do that?”

“Spencer.”

“Huh?”…. Okay please take note that becoming a girl or even a girl super heroine does not confer you with the actual ability to not make yourself look like a Derp.

“It’s my name; Spencer.”

“Okay…that’s actually kind of a cool name.”

What it is, it’s not like something made up that sounds all messed up and as far as I know it’s not like culturally appropriating from something and it’s not like one of those too common ones either.

And he is kind of cute.

Like, I have looked before. I’ve gone out and been kind of open with myself with like the whole idea of me possibly being attracted to guys and stuff and I sort of am….no I am but I have a type I guess some guys don’t really do a thing for me and then there’s some if I’m honest are…kinda guy-pretty.

Okay if I’m a girl can I actually call guys pretty if I mean it in like the hot yay way?

I mean he’s not handsome or what my brain says is handsome instead he’s got that young twenty something guy thing where he kinda looks like a pop star.

Only in EMT gear.

With a cute clean-shaven smile and nice teeth.

And he’s waiting on me.

I’m into Nikki I really am but Nikki and I are where really we’ve had great times and great dates but are we dating-dating like are we serious and stuff or…

Wow…I really am thrown.

I kinda like Spencer and my body kinda likes Spencer but emotionally in my head if you can like lump the two together I’m kinda all over the place.

And that’s kind of a Darcy thing.

The Aero-ambulance does a shift over and my head rolls a little with it not enough to make me sick but I close my eyes and try to get through the whole carnival ride feeling of it.

Maybe I’m actually hurt?

Okay and now I’m kinda scared because what if I’m too hurt to really get how hurt I am?

And my adrenaline’s wearing off and now I feel cold.

Spencer gives me another check over and he pulls a blanket from a tube thing on the wall and wraps me up in a heated blanket.

Oh…oh wow…I’ve never really gotten that cold as a girl thing and then get warmed up…it’s so nice and so different.

“I guess my shields don’t protect me from shock huh?”

“No…one thing I’ve learned working with people in your line of work that despite all the amazing things that you all can do you’re still people.”

I look at him. “Really?”

“Yeah…my first year on the job I responded to a self-harm call and it turned out to be one of you guys.”

“Oh…and you can’t say…?”

“No, but I don’t care if it’s like Superman from the comics in real life with all the stuff he’s been through he’d have PTSD reactions even if he’s like invulnerable and stuff.”

I snuggle into the blanket more and take another sip of my water. “You guys must see a lot here too.”

Spencer nods. “All the time. And it can really mess you up if you don’t control it.”

“Control it?”

“Vent…use the professional help that’s offered…having fun.”

“Having fun?”

“Yeah something as simple as playing videogames or watching your favorite TV show or going out to do something that you just like to do. That and being normal.”

I raise an eyebrow at him which vaguely hurts to do. “Being normal? Really?”

“Actually yeah and this applies to you guys but like EMT’s and Firefighters and Cops too being normal is actually just that not shutting stuff out from the everyday things but use them. Do the dishes, mow the lawn just do at least one normal thing that you wouldn’t do at work or heroing a day and it helps…a lot.”

There’s this kind but serious look there on his face and I can’t help but sort of smile and blush a little because I’m fairly sure that as much as I kind not want there to be a thing I think I’m kinda feeling a thing.

And Darcy met Nikki through Dale and this is.

This is Spencer talking to Scarlet.

Which I’m not sure is different or should be different but it still kind of feels nice being noticed.

I mean I think that I’m being noticed.

Or that I’m noticing him.

Why is all of this stuff so complicated?

And why is it just Scarlet and Darcy getting the dates and not Dale?

Then again I couldn’t handle anything more than what’s going on in my as things are right now and stuff.

Spencer looks at me and he moves and he’s getting things ready. “We’re here.”

“Oh…okay…”

And Spencer’s back and he’s pushing me back down. “No, no, no miss super-heroine you’re staying right there on the stretcher until we get you inside and under medical care.”

“But…But…”

“I’ve seen you Butt it’s awesome.”

I blush so hard my aura comes on.

“That’s not professional!”

He looks at me and he winks and then says. “Shssh….I’m really not an EMT I delivery pizza’s.”

I snerk and it hurts.

I moan and want to kick him for making me do that.

My god I’m in such trouble.

I need to do some serious thinking about things and me as Scarlet and me as Dale and me as Darcy.

It’s actually more of a relief as Spencer and his partner lift me out of the Aero-ambulance and into the ER of the Ark Building.

It’s actually pretty busy and not just with stuff that had just happened but I do see my two sparring partners from earlier in rooms under guard and being treated. It kind of makes sense really I mean this place does have the best facilities to deal with super powered patients either good or bad.

I’m taken into a room and a nurse helps me slide from the stretcher to the bed and I’m getting the once over as she’s asking me questions like if I’m dizzy and if I have any headaches or ringing in my ears and where I’m at and the date and stuff like that as she’s shining a light in my eyes and she’s taking a temperature reading with a sensor stick thingy and checking my blood pressure before she slips a bracelet on my wrist that monitors all of that stuff.

Seems a little redundant with both and stuff but hey what do I know? I’m looking into working with prosthetics and stuff so it’s not exactly my forte.

She leaves and at least she hasn’t asked me to strip into one of those paper gowns. Instead I’m here twiddling my thumbs for like ten minutes until I get bored and power up and tap into my accounts here on the servers and type on a keyboard that is just purely in my head or rather in my shield’s HUD effect and I start doing up my report of what happened.

I’m into it pretty well when this short woman in scrubs comes in and smiles at me. I’ve met her once before at the meeting we had about the riots and stuff with the demon marble thingy.

Karly Winters… AKA…Whisper and she is the resident “magic person?” here for the Ark Angels.

She’s in a word cute.

Not hot but cute even with her strange amber colored eyes…the rest of her is about five foot four and with red-blonde hair that comes just down to the tops of her shoulders and fair skin in that pale way but she’s just absolutely covered in freckles, like Irish stereotype times seven kind of freckles.

And she’s married to T-Rex who’s one of the semi-new members of the Ark Angels and he’s actually a Meta-anthro…yep, an anthrosapien but with super powers of his own. I heard the T-Rex thing is a play on him being a canid type and a husky-wolf-German shepherd mixture. So that whole Rex dog thing and one of his powers is a bite that can go through nearly anything….So T-Rex.

I’m still kind of trying to wrap my head around the fact that she’s with him and not just the species stuff but there is that but the fact she’s five-four and I’ve seen him he’s over seven feet tall.

Given the light and happy mood she seems to be in though all the times I’ve seen her…

Oh wow have you ever come up with stuff that’s just kind of like TMI in your own brain?

“Scarlet, Chris say’s you need a checkup and that you got banged around a little bit.”

“Yeah…I had a run in with the girl down the hall, the brick.”

“Okay…so tell me what happened and I’ll check you out?”

I’m giving her a recap of things and she doing the usual doctor stuff and then the not so usual stuff with small and very, very expensive and high grade portable medical scanners.

Literally the very best stuff on or off the market.

She’s nodding and Mmm-hmming at all of the right doctor moments and she shoots me the occasional grin while she’s doing it like she was actually doing it on purpose.

Okay I actually find that kind of funny.

Medical humor and all of that.

“So Doc am I going to live?’

“You’re fine, your shift is healing you.”

“Pardon?”

“The Scarlet Angel event.”

“Event?”

“Well as far as we have learned it’s more of some kind of experience…but the energies of it that shifts and changes you they’re always on while you’re powered up and that slowly heals you.”

“Oh…that I didn’t know.”

“Well you just joined and frankly even before joining you haven’t been Scarlet Angel that long have you?”

“No I’m still just learning.”

“Well you can request the stuff we do know in the archives.”

“Okay, cool.”

“It’s a lot.”

“Oh?”

“I think two of the previous Scarlet’s were writers.”

“Okay gotcha…so I’m okay?”

“Yes…this time there’s clearing signs of a concussion but you’re healing up nicely.”

“Cool.”

“Scarlet…”

I look at her and she’s looking seriously at me.

“Yes?”

“Be careful you don’t have healing factor just a buffer.”

“A buffer?”

“It’s what happens when you live as a supernatural being that transforms…it’s what protects you while you transform.”

“Protects me?”

“You know what the very first rule of magic should be/”

“Not a clue sorry?”

“Learn physics, even is magic bypasses the known laws of physics it still has to deal with them. Now think on the strain on your body from shifting…you’re buffer keeps you alive.”

“Oh…wow…I never thought of it that way.”

I look at her and ask. “You have an alter ego right?”

“I did, I don’t anymore.”

“Why?”

“Too much work being me and being someone else.”

“But it can be done?”

“Not well…you have a better chance that others since you literally can transform and costume up.”

“So…what if I was trying to run two alters?”

“Not possible.”

“Really?”

“Not in the long run, it’s hard enough living an double life and doing this job it drove me bonkers more than enough.”

“So I might have to do the same?”

“Look some do, some don’t a lot of us Ark Angels are out and that’s just to make things easier. Like me and Tommy.”

“Okay?”

“We’re married but he’s out, he can’t help not to be. But if I wasn’t out they’d be asking who I was in the press and they will dig dirt up anyway they can. Now being out I’m less of a mystery to the public and stuff.”

“More of a target though.”

“It comes with the business.”

“What about my family, lovers?”

“Fair game…most decent press people will leave you alone unless you’re at a press event or on the job. Most villains leave family alone.”

“Most?”

“There’s assholes in every medium Scarlet but generally they leave you families alone because of the fact we could do the same.”

I nod… “Thanks Doc, I have a lot to think about now.”

“Well I hope it helped, if you ever need to talk I’m usually here or over at St.Mercy unless I’m off.”

“Okay…thanks….I’m clear to go?”

“I think so, just remember you’re the New Scarlet Angel…I knew the last one, and you know how that gets passed on.”

I nod.

“Thanks…I mean it…I think I’ll head to the office and get things written up.”

“Have a shower first, a bite to eat and get your balance. It’ll help a whole lot.”

I nod and I give her a handshake and she accepts it and returns it.

It’s…

Whoa…I can sort of feel the energies inside of her…her magic.

I have a lot to learn…and a lot to think about even now.

How much to learn and what to do about my relationship.

I get a coffee in a can from one of the vending machines and I head upstairs to my quarters and my office.

I think that I might just have to go home this weekend.

I might need to have a family talk.

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Scarlet's family sort of knows.

But she hasn't been home since all this stuff started and family might be a serious help with her new situation.
*Great Big Proud Angel Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Yep, bi myself, kinda

I find the occasional guy attractive, physically, but not in the head space area, uh uh.

just be careful

as most of us know, some family is great and some family are jerks or asshole. i have wondered how long 3 identities were going to last. not everyone can be Batman.
great chapter, thanks

Yes, the family thing might be dicey.

I'm not too sure how the rest of the family might take this either.
*Hugs and Howls*

Bailey Summers

Home? Family talk? Uh oh...

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Home? Family talk? Uh oh... given Dale's grandmother said that his mother was too angry and self-centred to be passed the mantle of Scarlet Angel I'm guessing there could be some bad blood potentially just popping up and saying that grandmother passed you over. This could be verrrrry interesting. :-)

Great to see another chapter of Scarlet!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Thing is Darcy knows her mom has to know.

Scarlet Angel has been on TV already and there's been no phone calls. Not to mention the other members of the family's reactions.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers