Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2334

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2334
by Angharad

Copyright© 2014 Angharad
All Rights Reserved.
  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

It had been a trying day, Danni got involved in a squabble with another girl who said her brother said she was a boy. Danni got very upset and the other girl pushed her over and yanked at her panties only to discover her mistake. I had to go and get Danni, who was still upstairs lying on her bed and crying.

Apparently the girl had been suspended for unladylike behaviour. When I spoke with Danielle she simply said she couldn’t go back there, it would be too embarrassing.

“So you’re going to let some bully win, are you?”

“She pulled my panties down, in the playground. Several girls saw it.”

“Saw it?”

“My fanny.”

“So, no one is going to believe that you’re anything but a girl, are they?”

“But it’s so embarrassing.”

“Why did she think you weren’t a girl?”

“She said her brother played football against a boy call Danny Maiden, and my name being Danielle was too big a coincidence.”

“Yes, but it’s Danielle Cameron.”

“She wouldn’t listen to that. I’m not going back and I’m certainly not playing soccer again.”

“What about the other players?”

“Stuff them.”

“And the ladies club team.”

“They weren’t much good anyway.”

“So you’re just going to walk away from the things you love because some girl bullied you.”

“In front of others, Mummy. She humiliated me.”

“No, you’re the one humiliating yourself letting a stupid girl win. The girls who saw you, assuming they actually saw anything, will spread it far and wide on the school grapevine, that you’re all girl—which you are.”

“I can’t face them.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m not a proper girl am I?”

“You’re certainly whining like one.”

“What?”

“You sound like a six year old who’s had her dolly taken off her. If you had an ounce of the boy you used to be inside you, you’d be fighting back.”

“How?”

“By turning up in school and acting like nothing happened and by continuing to play soccer to your best ability. Make team captain or top scorer or something, make a positive impact.”

“But it was the soccer that gave me away.”

“Did it? It might have caused her to suspect something but as it’s a well known fact they don’t do gender reassignment on children, you can’t have had that done, ergo, you must be a normal female.”

“Oh, I hadn’t thought of it like that.”

“Obviously. Look, Danielle, I spent my whole life wanting to be a girl, then when I got there, or started the transition, I spent most of my time hoping no one would discover my dreadful secret. In the end, the only people it really mattered to were Daddy, Simon, and you kids. Simon was the most difficult because he obviously felt I’d deceived him, although I hadn’t deliberately, and after thinking it through over a month or two, he decided he still loved me—which was good because I loved him to bits.

“I spent a couple of years dreading being exposed, but even when it happened, people were either very good about it or it didn’t matter because they weren’t important to me or my family.

“I know your road to becoming female was different again and that since you’ve been ambivalent at times, but for the moment you’re in a female body, or as good as, so you have to make things work or life will become intolerable. You’re young enough to develop a very female body shape, so you have a potential to be a very convincing young woman; in fact, a very attractive young woman. Make the best of it, stare down those who doubt you and be the best you, you can be—and Daddy and I will support you every step of the way, as will all your sisters.”

She looked at me with tears running down her face. “I’ll be the best I can, Mummy, as long as you’re there to help me.”

“Do you doubt I will?”

“No, Mummy, I don’t.”

We hugged and she came down and ate with the rest of the litter, who were very interested in verifying the rumours they’d heard of the playground encounter. When they did, they were outraged and I had to advise them that any of them doing anything about it other than being astonished that anyone could doubt their sister was anything other than a girl, would be counter-productive. The girl who’d attacked Danni had been suspended, so the school had dealt with the discipline element, and their job was just to support their big sister. I think they understood, I’d find out in the next few days.

With that happening, my fears about Stella went on the back burner until she tarted herself up and went off with dear Roger again. This time Trish, who was still angry about what happened to Danni, went out with a camera and hid in the drive way—in my bike workshop to be exact, and managed a photo of Roger the dodger, when he collected Stella. She was rather pleased with her cleverness, so perhaps a career as a sniper or paparazzo was calling her.

If he was a spy, he obviously wasn’t a very good one, and we sent off his likeness to Jim to circulate and try to identify. Personally, I’d be surprised if his name was even Roger, but perhaps it was and she’ll come in saying it was nice while it lasted but he’s gone back to his wife or whatever and she’ll be back to normal.

Of course, what I want doesn’t happen unless I give exact instructions to the universe, and I suppose in dealing with Danielle’s little contra temps, I must have forgotten because Stella came home with eyes sparkling saying she was engaged. It wasn’t what I wanted to hear and I congratulated her and cringed inside. I sent a message to Jim and also one to Henry. If I was wrong, Stella would probably never talk to me again, nor would she understand or appreciate my motives, which I believed were honourable—more than I suspected of Roger, or whatever his name really was.

It was late when I went to bed and received a text from Henry thanking me for my email, I also sent him a photo of Roger, and he’d keep it quiet for now although like me, he was aware of Stella’s previous fragility on matters romantic. Perhaps she will get to kill me this time, it would mean I wouldn’t have to do it again, so every cloud has a silver lining however small.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
233 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

How does it go again.

Give me a bold and upright foe,
Whom I can trade with blow for blow.
But spare me I beseech thee, heaven forefend,
Spare from the candid friend!

Careful now Cathy. Tread lightly and leave no tracks.

Still lovin' it Ang.

Thanks,

Bev.

bev_1.jpg

What will this mean for dear Stella?

Engaged in three days, married in six, and divorced in nine? Now that would be moving fast.

Much Love,

Valerie R

Widowed in 9. Gotta get that

Widowed in 9. Gotta get that right.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Not Fond Of The Last Line

I suppose it's rather unladylike for me to quibble with how someone, who I generally enjoy reading very much, chooses to push her plot along. I can't resist this time, however.

That last line seems a bit out of the blue. Doesn't really seem to go with this episode, or the tenor of the last many hundred, for that matter.

Oh, myyy

It just keeps piling up in that "household"... Stella, Julie, Danni... Wonder what comes next. (Lay off the computer for a few days and fall way behind here... Wow.)

Thanks,
Annette

Are the girls learning about

Are the girls learning about this Augustinian friars contribution to modern genetics in Biology?.
Gregor Mendel
Mendel's pea plant experiments conducted between 1856 and 1863 established many of the rules of heredity, now referred to as the laws of Mendelian inheritance.

Mendel worked with seven characteristics of pea plants: plant height, pod shape and color, seed shape and color, and flower position and color. With seed color, he showed that when a yellow pea and a green pea were bred together their offspring plant was always yellow. However, in the next generation of plants, the green peas reappeared at a ratio of 1:3. To explain this phenomenon, Mendel coined the terms “recessive” and “dominant” in reference to certain traits. (In the preceding example, green peas are recessive and yellow peas are dominant.) He published his work in 1866, demonstrating the actions of invisible “factors”—now called genes—in providing for visible traits in predictable ways.

The profound significance of Mendel's work was not recognized until the turn of the 20th century (more than three decades later) with the independent rediscovery of these laws.[4] Erich von Tschermak, Hugo de Vries, Carl Correns, and William Jasper Spillman independently verified several of Mendel's experimental findings, ushering in the modern age of genetics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel

It's also been shown

Angharad's picture

he faked some of his results.

Angharad

No, it wasn't shown that he

No, it wasn't shown that he faked results. He was _accused_ of faking results by one person.

That's one of the things about peer review - it's all about opinion.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Any engagement

after two dates is not just suspect, but quite simply not to be trusted, especially where lots of money is involved.