The Tale of Tristin Diez second revision chpter one

Printer-friendly version


The Tale of Tristin Diez

By Lucille Jeanette Smith

Edited by Catherine Linda Michel

Prologue
In the course of life, some are chosen. Chosen to suffer more than others, to endure much more because they are strong enough to take that suffering and turn it into something amazing, like social change and progress. One such person is Tristan Diez, a young man just coming into his own as a man. Everything he's done and has endured in his relatively short life has given him the strength and wisdom to do what has to be done, no matter how wrong it might seem to others or what indignities he might have to suffer. This is his story, but it's more than just a story. It's an example that we all might learn from, and maybe make things better by following his example.

Year 1545 EE. Extinction Event.
The world is much different now with much of North America and Europe dominated by a single brutal nation that calls itself, The Empire.

Chapter 1
20 year old Tristin Diez thought he had his life all planned out. He was about to celebrate his ascension to manhood, enter the imperial military and be a centurion of the legions. He had the social status to be an officer and lead a cohort. He had highly placed friends who would help him in the Imperial Officer’s Academy.

At that moment in time, Tristan could feel the excitement at the realization that he was about to be recognized as a man in society. The yellow toga would be forever in his past, along with his childhood. When this ceremony ended he would be recognized by the color he wore, as a man.

His two sisters were watching with smiles. Claudia and Julia were happy. They would celebrate theirs pretty soon.

The Priest was in front of the altar, chanting a prayer to the god Jupiter, praising Tristin’s strength and his future manhood. This was the Celebration of Liberalia. He just listened to the priest silently.

Then the Priest cut off a lock of the boys hair, took his bulla from his neck. He placed it on the altar and chanted his vow of accepting his new position as a man in society. He took off his bright yellow toga and his sister, who had accepted responsibility as his guardian, placed a plain white toga with purple trim on him, signifying he was a member of the imperial aristocracy.

It was a short, but very important ritual in every boy’s life. It made him feel important.

After that, a military officer approached him with a tattoo gun and began inscribing the imperial military seal into his bicep signifying his new status as a legionary. Tristin thanked him, as part of the ritual into manhood. Tristin had been accepted imperial military.

After that, he went back and saw his best friend there, waiting. The massive man towering above almost everyone, wearing the bright red colors of an elite unite in imperial military. Tristin yelled, “Titus! I was hoping to see you today. “

The older man looked down and said, “Your new colors look good on you. Where do you want to go now?”

“Cassia should be waiting at my place by now. “ Tristin said.

The older man shook his head. “Young love. Have you spoken to her father about your plans to have a life with her?”

“I tried to talk to her dad, but he refuses to accept me. “ He looked sad. “I tried and tried and he won’t accept me. He says there are issues that prevent him from accepting me as a good match for his daughter. It’s almost like someone’s been talking to him and convinced him not to accept me. She loves me. I just don’t know what to do.”

That concerned Titus. He had known this boy since he was an infant. As far as he knew, Tristin was a wonderful, caring man who had more compassion for people than anyone he had ever known. Tristin was also very strong and everything a woman could want for a potential husband. So, he could not understand why this boy had such horrible luck all his life. Tristin has endured such suffering already and it only made him stronger and more compassionate. So who and why would someone be trying to sabotage his life now. If Tristin’s suspicion was true, and they usually were. Titus was pissed off. “Tristin this is very troubling. Perhaps I should have a talk with that man.”

Tristin smirked. “Sounds great. Try to find out what the problem is. If anyone can get the truth from this, a captain of the Propraetorian Guard could. “

“You bet ya.” He said. “I can get the truth from him. The easy way or the hard way. Let’s hope he chooses the way that has the least bruises.” They had made it to the small apartment that Tristin had purchased.

Tristin turned toward his friend and asked, “Wait, don’t go yet. There’s something I would like to know. How is my application for an officer going? Will I be accepted?”

“Well, of course.” Titus said. “Your application to the Officer’s Cadet Academy has been accepted with my recommendation. That’s going fine and you should start classes within two weeks. I will make sure you get a chance to enter the legions as a commissioned Centurion. “

“That’s great.” Tristin said, smiling. “I can’t wait. “

Then Titus got very serious and stooped down, whispering in Tristin’s ear, “Remember, I know your secret. I have kept it for a long time. It isn’t time to reveal it yet. So keep very quiet.”

Tristin nodded. That would make his life into a nightmare. He watched his closest friend walk away. It was getting late and Cassia was not here yet. Maybe it gave him time to go around town. He turned and started walking down the hard cobblestone roads.

The main city wasn’t very far from his family’s estate. He was part of the Empire’s aristocracy. He lived not far from the Empires Capital they called New York.

He was wearing shorter sleeves, autumn had come finally. The weather people said the Earth was going into a warming trend after many hundreds of years of packed ice and snow. He thanked the lord for that. Tristin was getting sick of the permanent ice on the ground.

As he walked into the towering city, he remembered why he had stopped. He'd forgotten how depressing some of it really was. Of course, there were towering, gleaming marble buildings. Stuck in the center was the Emperor’s Imperial Palace with its massive columns jutting into the sky.

He walked past the Senate forum. It was a little smaller than the palace but not by much. There was Jupiter’s Temple off the side, one of the most popular places to worship and pray, but he didn’t want to go there. He glanced at the statue of Jupiter holding a bolt of lightning, looking like he wanted to strike Tristin for daring to just walk past his temple.

He walked past the temple of Mars with its statue holding a massive hammer. He walked around the corner and into the darker part of the city. This part was much grittier. It's structures were smaller, its people were dressed dingier and there were the slaves. In Tristin’s opinion, that was the Empires greatest problem. All the public work projects were done by thousands of men in chains. He watched them building the temple to Venus. Thousands of men, ropes locked on them as they pulled the pillars up, forcing the massive marble stones into place with the continuous snap of their overseers whip. It was a cruel, oppressive regime.

There were many types of slaves in the Empire. There were slaves captured by the Empire. They did all the building projects. There were private slaves who worked in nobles and businessmen’s office and homes. They generally had it better than the slaves for the Empire. At least they weren’t worked to death. It distressed Tristin all the same.

He thought back to when he was visiting a friend of his father's a few years back. He had gone to the Tribunes place multiple times. His father had business relations with the Tribune. However, he was not old enough to understand what the business was. What caught his attention was the two concubines the Tribune had. He had bought two young men and had them kissing each other and doing other sex acts on each other, for the Tribune's entertainment who enjoyed watching them. From the reaction of the young men, he could tell they hated it. It brought them no enjoyment at all. He could see the agony and emotional turmoil in their eyes. He figured both men were actually straight, but even that wasn’t what he found most distressing.

Tristin saw a change in the two concubines relationship each time he was taken there for a visit. One of the concubines was obviously getting very angry, mean and dominant. While the other, smaller man was growing more passive from the abuse. With each visit, the passive one grew more passive and more abused, as the dominant one took out his anger at his life, on the other.

Eventually, the meaner concubine had convinced the master to start making the passive one more feminine. He agreed and began dressing the younger man in dresses, lingerie, even making the passive one be their servant, waiting on the more angry one and the master together, bringing them drinks, food, and sex. What a horrible life.

He knew another noble that had taken a young, straight man about Tristin’s own age and totally feminized that man against his will. He saw the man’s downcast humiliated eyes as he cross-dressed for his owner in a relationship that was about as close to a husband and wife without there having been a ceremony as two people could get. These were very rare exceptions to the rule. Most sex slaves for the Empire were women sold by their families and they had it the worst, for their families can have them declared incompetent to choose a mate and the families chose for them. Some of them fought the arrangement, but it didn’t matter where the law was concerned.

Tristin realized that, although lost in thought, he had found the place he was looking for. He stood in front of a small temple. It was the smallest in the city and looked puny in comparison to the towering temples for Mars and Jupiter. Even with its steeple on top and the cross that was hidden from view, it still looked very small.

Tristin looked around to make sure no one was watching him. They weren't, so he quickly snuck through the door. He felt safe in there. He saw the other people kneeling and praying toward a crucifix. Candles lit the interior of the small structure. There was a Priest giving a sermon on the life of their Savior. Tristin was a Christian.

Being a Christian in the Empire was a dangerous thing. It wasn’t as bad as it was growing up during the heights of the great hunts. At that time, soldiers would hunt for Christians and search houses. They were hung then. It was safer now. If someone was found to be a Christian, it wasn’t a summary execution. They just might be black listed and not able to enter the Military or get meaningful employment.

He prayed silently for the freedom of all those held in bondage by the Empire. He prayed for his own strength and for safety in his goal to free those held under oppression by the Empire. He had stayed there for a half hour before he decided to leave and go back home. Maybe Cassia was there by now.

He saw the woman waiting for him as he came through the door. Tristin went over to his small sofa and sat beside her. They held each other as dusk settled into night.

“I will keep talking to my father to accept your proposal, Tristin. I wish he would lighten up. I don’t know what his problem is!” She said, still holding on to Tristin.

“Me either, but I'd bet that my sister, Claudia, has something to do with it!” He spat out.

“Claudia? Are you sure? She seemed nice to me.” Cassia said.

“She’s not nice. She contacted an Attorney for our father to put an injunction on my wedding to Jennifer when I was 18. We spoke about that, didn’t we?” Tristin asked nicely.

She shook her head, not really wanting to talk about his other women and engagements.

“I know talking about other girls in my life make you uncomfortable. I'm sorry, but I was engaged before. My sister Claudia went behind my back and got a judge to issue a court injunction against the wedding. She has always been interfering in my life. I bet she’s doing this, talking to your father and convincing him to refuse me. I’d bet anything it’s all her.”

“Why would she want to do that?” Cassia asked.

“Because, she was jealous of me, always interfering in my life, trying to set father against me. She did everything she could to make things worse for me. She always took our fathers side to gain his favor, against me. She knew how he treated me. She wants to treat me like a child and not let me get out of her control. She will do anything to destroy me!”

Cassia cradled her boyfriend in her protective arms. “Tristin, listen and don’t get upset. I love you and I won’t let anyone hurt you again... ever.“

He held her back.

Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door. Tristin went to open it to see what was up. He saw two large, well armored men standing at the door. They looked like someone’s security detail to him. One of the men said, “Is this Tristin Diez?”

“Yes,” He answered, facing them. “What is this about?”

“Tristin Diez you are being summoned. We have to take you to the courthouse.”

“Court for what?” He asked. By Jupiter’s Cock, what was going on?

“It’s for a petition your family has filed. It’s a hearing to determine your status as a man. It seems they want to have you declared Puer delicatus.”

He stood firm. Would his sister never stop? Now she wanted to take control over his life away from him. He knew he didn’t have much choice. He cried out, “By Jupiter’s cock! What is going on? Aren’t I allowed to ever be free?”

The larger man smiled and said, “You are coming with us.” They grabbed him and attempted to force him to go with them.

Suddenly there was a rustle, and four other larger men appeared behind the two guards who were going to take Tristin. These men wore heaver suits, and they were armed. Titus stepped forward, holding his gladius at one of the men’s throats and asked, “What is going on here? You let my friend go now!”

The guard holding Tristin tried to stay in control and told him, “Sorry sir. We have orders to take Tristin in now. I have the summons. You and your friends step aside.”

Titus wasn’t budging. “Now you listen to me. “Titus' voice lowered to a dangerous growl. “I am a Captain of the Praetorians. I have the unlimited legal authority to make anyone vanish. I could run you though with my sword with no consequences. You let my friend go now, or else. “His other Praetorians were standing by, supporting their Captain. “This is my friend, Tristin. He will be joining the academy soon. There’s no reason for a hearing. He is fully a man. Whoever brought this is lying. Now just walk away.”

“I can’t do that. I have my orders.”

Tristin knew where this was going. He stepped toward Titus and said, “It’s probably better I go face this. I know you could stop this. How ever, this is a legal petition and more will be back. I'll see if I can get this thing stopped. You follow and back me up against whatever horseshit my sister got me into.”

Titus said, “Are you sure? This is serious. If they win, and you are declared a Puer Delicates, your status as a man and a citizen will be greatly diminished. That opens the way for you to be sold, or taken as a concubine by a man.”

“I know, but I don’t run away. I’m no coward. Let’s face whatever this is together. “

Titus withdrew his sword and Tristin started walking toward the guard and said, “Lead the way!’

The two took Tristin in hand and led him to their van. Titus got in his car and followed them to the courthouse. Two of the guards escorted him up the large steps and led him to the courtroom. The imposing courtroom was one of the most intimidating places he had ever been.

There was the Judge who was a close friend to his family. He was sitting high above them all in a darkened courtroom, lit only by the faint flickering of candle light. There were two large tables. His sisters were at one, with their Attorney and there was another woman there, glaring at him.

He was led to his table and, of course, he wasn’t represented, having had only 10 minutes notice that this was even happening. He figured he was screwed and where would he get money for an Attorney anyway? He hadn’t even joined the military yet. So he was alone at his table, opposing his sisters, this other woman and his family Attorney.

The Judge said, “This hearing is to determine Tristin Diez' status of manhood and his ability to conduct himself as such in society. Attorney for the plaintiff goes first. Mr. Chamberlain, bring your evidence for this motion.”

He stood up and said, “We have the petition signed by the defendants father and his sword statement that he is ashamed of his son, Tristin. I enter this into evidence. “

The judge read it, knowing this motion was filed by the boys father.

The plaintiff calls our first witness. The defendant’s sister, Claudia Diez.”

She stood up, and went to the witness box in the center of the room.

The family’s Attorney approached, then asked, “State your name for the record.”

“I am Claudia Diez, Tristin’s sister.”

“In your opinion, do you think that Tristin Diez would make a good husband for a woman, able to protect her, provide for her and satisfy her in all areas of martial relations.”

“No I don’t.” She said, with a smirk on her face directed at Tristin.

Tristin wasn’t shocked to hear that. She was a horrible bitch who loved to demean him.

“What is the basis for your determination, Claudia? “ The Attorney asked.

“Well, he’s already had one failed engagement. She backed out of the engagement before the ceremony. She had complained to us that she didn’t feel he could ever satisfy a woman or have children. She wanted children very much. My brother Tristin is a very troubled young man who scared her and he hardly made enough to provide her with the things she needed and wanted in life. “

'Oh my god!' He thought. Elaine was happy with him and wanted to tie the knot with him. She told him how eager she was to consummate their marriage on their wedding night. She was so heartbroken when they were told there was an injunction on the wedding. Where did all these lies come from? He wished he could ask, but they would have him silenced if he tried. He would have his chance, but with the forces arrayed against him, he doubted he would last very long when it came to his defense.”

“I see, “The lawyer said. “Is it true that he often had nightmares and terrors for no reason, when he was young?”

“Yes, for no reason. He was a very frightened and troubled man. Our father tried so hard to help him, but he was so weak. So feminine. When he was eleven he started wearing my dresses and other articles of female underclothing.”

“Articles of female underclothing. Can you explain further?” The lawyer prompted.

“Yes. Like my thongs, my teddies, camisoles, even bras and corsets. He told me he wished he had the body to fill the cups of the bras he borrowed from me.”

That’s not how it happened. He remembered that Claudia started dressing him, forcing him to wear her things to tease him.

“I see. I understand you have evidence of this?” The Attorney asked.

“Yes, here are some pictures I took when we were young. He asked me to take pictures of him as he posed for me. I thought it was strange, but I indulged him. Here, show these to the Judge.”

Tristin sat at his table, fuming. He didn’t remember asking her to take pictures of him wearing her lingerie. The way he remembered it was that she told him to, and hit him until he did it for her. Then she showed their father.

The Attorney took them and stated, “This is entered into evidence as accused exhibit one. “ He handed them to the Judge who raised his eyebrows at Tristin.

Then the Attorney asked, “Can you explain to the court the defendant, Tristin’s, relationship with a Bill Carter, during his first 2 years of high school?”

'Oh my god! They're bringing that up?' That bully, who persecuted him and forced him into a relationship. He had felt too frightened to resist.

“Yes. It is my understanding that Bill and Tristin had a homosexual relationship. My brother was obviously the bottom and often went to see the boy, He borrowed my dresses and stuff and went on dates with Bill. He was obviously the female partner in that relationship. “

Tristin wanted to scream, 'liar!' That wasn’t right either. The way he remembered it, Bill was Claudia’s friend and it was her who brought the two together. It was her who suggested making Tristin the female part of the relationship. He had no choice or he would suffer his sisters wrath and get beaten by Bill, who was two years older than Tristin, and much stronger. What could he do? There wasn’t much. Go to father who liked to say handle your own problems like a man? All the while beating him and calling him demeaning names, and saying he deserved it? No. He'd had no choice.

“I’m so screwed,” He thought to himself.

Then the Attorney asked, “Will you read your statement, submitted into evidence for this hearing? “

She took the paper and the Attorney warned her. “This is legal and you entered this into evidence as your statement, accusing the defendant of being unable to conduct himself as a man in society, nor being able to conduct himself as a competent husband. It is your sworn statement and you can be accused of perjury and contempt if you try to refuse.”

She smirked at Tristin, saying, “Why would I back out? I made it and I will read it. I, Claudia Diez' sister, swear that my brother is unable to conduct himself as a man in society. He is not strong. He is actually quite feminine. He is weak, unable to protect or satisfy a woman in any way. I watched him dress as a girl when he was younger. In his first engagement, his wife to be, Elaine came to me, crying that he wasn’t good enough for her. She wasn’t getting any satisfaction from him, making her seek it elsewhere. I swear this is all true. “

The judge laughed and the Attorney said, “That will be all. You can step down.”

She smirked at Tristin and the Attorney then called, “The plaintiff calls Julia Diez to the stand.

This should be better. She wasn't such a bitch and they had a good sibling relationship together.

She stood up and went to the witness box. The Attorney took a much more aggressive approach toward Julia. It was obvious to Tristin she was being coerced into this. This wasn’t going to be good at all. The Attorney approached his hostilely approached his sister, and said, “Now Julia. I understand that you didn’t want to be here, but you have to back up the statements you made to the court in the official affidavit while your father was alive. You must support them all now or face charges of perjury. Is that understood?”

She nodded her head, “Yes I understand. I wish the court would take into consideration that Bill was very cruel and he was Claudia’s friend. I think she set it up and he was being very forceful and cruel toward Tristin. He was much older and stronger than Tristin. I remember him crying to me after their... I won’t call them dates, because that suggests it was a mutual agreement. Tristin was forced to meet him. “

The Attorney was taken aback for a moment. “Forced? How can someone be forced to go on a date they don’t want to go on? Why didn’t he stay in the house or ask his dad to help him?”

Perfectly reasonable question, Tristin thought, except for one point. His dad didn’t want to help him and his sister would let Bill in to see Tristin if he refused to come out. Then everything would just happen in his own bedroom, on his own bed.

Julia laughed bitterly. “Ask dad to help him? You are joking, right? That man didn’t give a damn about Tristin. He was cruel and his response when Tristin asked him to help was always, “Handle it like a man. Stop being a wimp.” Since Bill was Claudia’s friend, if Tristin stayed and hid in his room, Claudia would just open the door and let Bill in. Tristin’s door didn’t lock, so Bill would just enter his bedroom and do his thing there. Then he might beat my brother for refusing to go out. Tristin was 12 then and Bill was 15. That age difference meant that Tristin stood no chance physically against Bill.”

“Then could Tristin not call the police?” He asked her.

“He was 12. It never occurred to him. Who would back him up? Dad would deny anything and punish Tristin for daring to try, but Tristin was a 12 year old boy. Be fair here.”

“He sure sounds weak to me. Fine, “The Attorney said. “Let’s start with how you feel about your brother’s ability to be a good husband for a woman.”

“Um, ”She started.

The Attorney interjected, “Um is not an answer. We know what your statement said, but let’s hear your real voice in these proceedings. Would your brother make a good husband for a woman?”

“No, “She just said, looking down and ashamed at having said that. She avoided her brothers betrayed look. She hated herself.

“Why not?” The Attorney asked.

“Because he’s weak and very soft. Very feminine. Our father was right, he is a disgrace for a son, unable to satisfy a woman. Unable to provide a home and family for a woman. I feel that he needs someone to look after and care for him. He can’t do it himself.”

Tristin knew she was being forced, but he still felt so hurt.

“Why is he unable to provide for a woman or wife, Julia” The Attorney asked her.

“Because he was a slacker throughout high school. Never attended college. He has no job skills, no social skills. He can’t get good work with the skills he has. During high school, He let himself be forced to date a boy who was much larger than he was, and was the female in the relationship. I saw him dress and make himself into a woman with Claudia’s assistance, and insistence.” Julia glared at Claudia. “How can such a man provide for a wife? “She asked, nearly in tears. Tristin saw that she didn’t believe a damn word she was saying and so wanted to say it to this lawyer. “

Then he asked, “What was Tristin’s childhood like and his relationship with his father? Was he a good son? What kind of things did he do?”

Julie stood up, with rage evident on her face. “I won’t answer that. I know how that man treated my brother and I know that this court isn’t the least bit interested in hearing the truth. So, I will stay quiet!”

The Attorney warned her again, “Your affidavit is entered into evidence. You have to support it or be accused of making false statements to the court. That could be a felony.”

“So be it,” She stated.

Tristin bolted up and shouted, “Julia! Give them what they want! We know its bullshit and lies, but don’t go to prison for me! I can handle whatever is to come!”

She gave him pitiful look, as if she knew what was going to happen. She was powerless to stop it and she knew he could not endure what was planned.

“Julia, just say what they want you to say. Please! I can’t bear to see you suffer for me!” Tristin shouted again.

Julia looked at the Attorney and said, “His relationship with dad was rough. Dad was always trying to get him to be a man, take his school seriously, and make good grades. Instead, he slacked during high school. Mostly to spite dad. Everything dad tried to get him to do, Tristin did the opposite. He made bad grades intentionally. He cursed and was a very ungrateful son. He disgraced the family.” Tears were rolling down her face as she lied and hurt her brother.

“That will be all. You can step down.” The Attorney said.

Tristin asked, “Wait! Don’t I get to cross examine this witness? Or offer a rebuttal?”

The judge said, “No. You are not an Attorney. You have no law degree, no license to practice law. Do you have anyone that can cross examine?”

Titus strode into the courtroom with an angry look on his face. He said, “I am here to represent the defendant, Tristin Diez, against this show trial.”

The judge asked, “You are, Sir?”

“I am Pretorian Titus Folo. “

“Are you an Attorney?” He asked.

“No, but this boy is my close friend. These proceedings aren’t right and many lies are being told about him. He needs someone.” Titus said.

“You may not cross examine or represent him. However, you may take the stand in his defense, if you are so inclined“ The judge said. “Julia, you can step down. Does the Plaintiff have any other witnesses?”

“Yes, we have one more. His step mother Karen wanted to be here, but she couldn’t make it, so she has arranged a statement for me to read out to the court.”

The attorney read out from a paper to the court, “I, Amanda Diez step mother for the defendant Tristin Diez solemnly swear that the statement on this affidavit is truthful in all respects. I have seen Tristin Diez dress as a woman on numerous occasions. He can not satisfy a woman in any respect. His father told me what a disgrace he was and the only solution is to declare him effeminatus. Trstin is too womanly. ”

Tristin was sitting there wondering when he saw this woman in his life. He didn’t know an Amanda or a step mother. Never saw his father marry anyone. What was going on here?

The judge smirked and said, “The womans statement is so entered into evidence. Tristin Diez. Do you wish to come to the stand and state your case?”

He stood up, knowing that most likely anything he said would be disregarded. “Yes, but May I call one witness, please?”

The judge allowed it so Tristin said, “I call my friend Titus Folo to the stand.”

They all watched the regally dressed Praetorian Guard lumber across the court and stand in the box before the Judge.

Then Tristin asked the judge, “May I question him, or what do we do.”

The judge said, “Since you are the defendant here and this is your witness, you may question your own witness.”

Tristin was not sure how to proceed. He never stood in court or questioned anyone. He looked at his friend, and began the way the other Attorney did. “Please state your name for the record.”

“I am Titus Folo. A Captain in the Praetorian Guard.”

“What is your relationship with me?” Tristin asked.

“I have known you since you were an infant. I fed you, I cared for you. I even taught you how to walk when you were seven months old. I taught you how to defend yourself when you were a teenager. I have known you all your life.”

Tristin smiled. Then asked, “People here have said that I am unable to conduct myself as a man in this society. Do you agree?”

He spat, “Absolutely not. From what I have seen in your character, and your ability, you would make a great man. “

Tristin thought for a few seconds. Asking him about the clothing and dresses won’t do any good. He didn’t know about that. It was his sister behind closed doors, but, he knew a little about his dad and Bill. “Can you tell the court what you know about my contact with Bill Carter during the end of Middle School and the beginning of High School?”

Titus leaned forward and said, “Sure. Bill was fifteen years old, experienced in wrestling and fighting. You were twelve and just starting to get the strength and muscular development of a teenager, but not quite there yet. I remember him attacking you, hitting you. Then you said he was forcing you into sex. That was when you were fourteen, and I had to pry that info from you. You were having a breakdown from it and I saw it. That was when I spoke to the boy and made him leave you alone and I began training you in the art of fighting. No one messed with you again after that.”

“What do you know about the man who called himself my father?” Tristin asked.

“That man was no father. He was a cruel tyrant who did nothing for you. I spoke to him and heard him say he wanted to kill you, and he tried. I stopped him. “

Tristin pulled down his shirt from his back and asked, “Do you know how this got there.” Tristin revealed a vicious looking scar going down from his shoulder blades to his hip.

“Yes. When he found you in a dress Claudia made you wear. He took a knife and cut your back. I intervened before it was fatal and took you to the ER. “

He hoped that was enough to convince the judge and said, “I am done. Its your turn.”

His family’s Attorney stepped up.

He looked at Titus and appeared intimidated. Then he asked, “We heard you contradict everything his sisters have said, and your reason behind it so I won’t go back to it, but, don’t you think a man should be able to handle himself without help?”

Titus laughed at the stupidity. “No. Not at all. That is why in war, we have the legions. 6000 strong fighting men. Sometimes, one isn’t enough when you are outnumbered.”

“You are talking about armed engagements against other armies. I am talking about Tristin and Bill. One against one. You said Bill forced himself on Tristin. Why did he need help? Why could he not handle himself?”

“Ignoramus!” Titus sneered. “Tristin wasn’t a man, you fool. He was a 12 year old child. A young child, do you hear me? Children need to be protected by adults, but, seeing how he made it with no one defending him during his whole childhood. I'd say he made it to adulthood pretty good. He’s been accepted into the Legions and he will be accepted into the Military Officers Corp. When he gets out, he will lead a cohort of the Legions. Wouldn’t you say that was a good manly achievement? Sir, may I ask have you ever served in the Legions?”

He shook his head, “No, I never had to.”

Titus smiled, “Tristin is more a man than you! He’s more man than anyone here. Maybe even more man than I am. He is sitting here openly facing all your humiliating criticism. After all he has suffered I don’t think I could have endured Tristin’s childhood.”

The man pretty much backed off and sat down. Titus went to sit back down.

The judge asked Tristin if he wanted to take the stand.

“Yes. “ He stood up and went over to the witness stand. Since he was entitled to state his case first, he began. “There has been a lot that has been said about me. One that I was ungrateful and alienated my father. While a lot of that is true, what has not been said was what kind of man my father was. He was a vicious, brutal man who beat me every day of my young life. Then my sister Claudia saw that and took advantage of my weakness and began trying to further humiliate and demean me in front of father by forcing me to dress as a girl. That lowered me further in father's eyes. Imagine dealing with that and trying to do well in school. Most children under that would fail. As far as Elena is concerned, that was not right. That woman loved me and told me she loved me. Someone went behind our backs, against mine and her wills, and had the marriage engagement terminated. My sister made me wear one of her very sleazy dresses and nylons. She brought Bill into our house one day when I was 12, and introduced him to me with me standing there in her pink open sided dress. She said that I was looking for a strong boyfriend and left us together. He forced me to do unspeakable things that night. Then, He kept seeing me and taking me out places as his girlfriend. What could I do? I didn’t want any sexual contact with another boy. Finally, about my relationship with father, I have scars to prove he abused me. One across my back. Here, see? That’s where he threw me through a window. Here’s another one. That’s where he threw a knife at me and hit my chest.”

It was time for cross examination. The Attorney went after Tristin, “You say your father abused you, and those scars, is anything documented? Doctors? Hospital?

“Well the one across my back was, but I was forced to say I fell on some rocks when I was climbing.” Tristin said. “Father kept me isolated from people most of the time. I had no friends except for Titus. So no one knew how he treated me. Except for my sisters and Titus.”

“Then, “The lawyer asked, “Why didn’t they say anything?”

Tristin said, “He was their father so they were afraid to say anything or he might had started beating them. I am just glad I was able to take it to spare my sisters.”

He sneered, “Sure. Without proof of anything you accuse him of, why should we believe anything you say? Your sisters have proof of the things they said. There is even a recorded statement by Elena expressing her disappointment of being engaged to you.”

Tristin hung his head. Someone was screwing him here. He wished he knew who. The cross examining was over and he was told to sit down. Then the judge ruled, “It is my judgment that the defendant, Tristin Diez is unable to conduct himself as a man in our society. This court declares you a effeminatus Puer Delicatus, now and forever. The family’s petition is approved. Amanda Diez, his step mother, shall be his court appointed guardian. This case is concluded. Amanda is approved to make decisions for Tristin’s life now. Tell Amanda that we will hold off on approval for the other petition at a later date when arrangements are made for the ceremony. The preparations are approved, Tristin may be taken to the temple and I will rule from there. I rule in favor of the accuser. “ The judge slammed his hammer down and the case was concluded.

This time, a different set of guards came in, took hold of Tristin and started forcing him out. He was too stunned to do anything at that moment. The ruling was expected, but there were already other arrangements? What ceremony? Who had done this? Didn’t these things take time? Hell, the arrangements had to have already put into place, so by the time he came here everything was set to move forward. Who had set this up? Tristin was really scared now.

He was taken into a car and they drove off. The ride was several long hours. He had no choice, they had bound his hands and feet together and laid him in the back.

He felt the van turn into somewhere and roll into a stop. There was commotion outside and the doors slid open. It was still dark and not easy to see, but, it looked like they took him to a hospital. It was not a normal hospital though. It looked like one of those hospitals the rich nobility used to feminize the male concubines that some of the elite Equester class and Senatorious class buy, but how could that have happened to him? His family was rich and powerful. His father didn’t have to sell him. Tristan had assumed that, since he'd started fighting and doing more male things, he had earned the man’s respect. Guess not.

The guards had taken him a few steps to the door when a man and a woman came out the door to the hospital wearing regular white lab coats, along with about 3 nurses wearing green scrubs. They were rolling a gurney toward him which had thick leather straps attached, like those they transport federal prisoners in.

The guards laid him on the gurney and strapped his hands and feet to the rails on the side so he wasn't going anywhere. A large woman wearing a military uniform with a General’s insignia on her shoulders came up to him. He recognized her. She was ruthless, but a buffoon. She was responsible for one of the greatest military defeats the Empire ever suffered. She retired in humiliation. She was General Ivy. She strolled up from behind him and said, with anger in her voice, “It's about time you all got here we were waiting for hours. “

One of the men said, “We got him as fast as we could Ms. Ivy. “

Ms. Ivy looked at the young man, Tristin, and smiled. She shouted out loud, “We have him. You can come and see.”

In walked a very large, well-built, regal man wearing the purple imperial toga of the aristocracy. He walked in and began speaking to the other doctors outside of the limit of Tristan's hearing. He struggled to find out what was going on, but he couldn’t and the man left without saying anything else to anyone.

Ivy went up to the doctors and softly spoke to them. She inclined her head toward them and went to the doctor, handing him a few papers and discussing a price for him and some things he didn’t understand. Then something about a step mother signing papers for him.

The doctor looked them over, then handed them to a nurse beside him and told her, “Make a copy of these please.” Then he looked at Ivy and asked, “Ok. Now that is done, what procedures does the Propraetor want done?”

He heard the doctor ask what she wanted done. She read some things off to him, but he couldn’t hear. The doctor was writing it all down on his legal pad as she told him. “Totaling it all up, that should be about 165 thousand denarii’s.”

She said yes. Then she grinned and the doctor said, “Ok, let’s get started. “

Tristin was a very good listener. People used to praise his ability to listen and piece together various, seemingly unimportant and unrelated parts of puzzles and piece them together in his head. He still didn’t understand what was going on. They talked out of his hearing range and soon he was moved to a room, prepped for surgery and had an IV hooked to him. He went out.

Once Tristin was out, the doctor began discussing the procedure with his nurses. “The Governor purchased this boy and wishes him to have E cup breasts, a more feminine face, feminine hips and buttocks, that’s for the physical part. He also wants a total mental reprograming so he accepts and desires sex with males, and falls in love with the Governor.”

The nurses accepted and began the physical part first. That was easy, they had done that many times. It had been a very long time since breast implants used silicone gel pads inserted into the chest area. The doctors these days actually implanted mammary glands rapidly grown from his own stem cells into the boys chest. Then they implanted ovaries to inject natural estrogen into his system. After that, the doctors stimulated the ovaries to inject fat tissues and milk glands into the mammary tissue rapidly stimulating female puberty. Within hours, he had his own natural breasts.

Of course, there were still breast implants so, if someone didn’t want to go that drastic, they could be removed, but the cruel Governor wanted him to look as naturally feminine as possible. Little care was given if the boy wanted it or not.

They were not done yet, because now it was time for the mental reprograming the Governor wanted. They rolled him into the other room with the neuron reprogramer. They attached the strobes to his head, and booted up the machine, programing the proper parameters into it to start altering the processes and cerebral functions to what the Governor specified. Once they had done all that, they tried to run the program into his brain. Things appeared to run well. They saw the blue image screen surround his head indicating functions of the brain areas. It found the frontal lobe responsible for motor functions. It found the cortex responsible for the mind, thinking and processing of data, but when they tried to enter the new programing to alter his gender preference and his self-image to desire a new female form, it failed. That’s when everything went straight to hell.

Suddenly, the machine sounded a deafening alarm. The holo screan around his head turned dark red instead of blue. Words appeared on the holo image of his head. “Warning, illegal function. Can not Reprogram. This is an illegal operation. “

Everyone stopped what they were doing. The doctor stared blankly at the image around the boy's head. “Holy Jupiters cock, stop the program! Terminate it now!”

He watched the words rush past the screen and they became even more alarming.

Suddenly the wires were pulled and it all went dark. No one knew what to do. The nurse asked, “What was all of that?”

The doctor stated, “Damned if I know. Whoever put it there didn’t want it changed and they must had paid a fortune to get it there. We can’t change it, not without knowing the cypher it used to put it in there. If we did then we could change it but it seems some very High level encryption. It seems to have been put there by someone who really knew what they were doing. We are done here. Call the Governor and tell him his lover is ready. Don’t tell him what happened here. If the Governor wants him, he can have this boy. I Hope they enjoy each other. “He began laughing.

Tristan didn’t know how long he was out for, but when he awoke, he was hurting. His whole body ached with soreness. He looked around and saw a rather heated and angry argument between the doctor, and that Ivy woman. He looked enraged, but she just calmly looked at him and responded. That made him even angrier. He could not hear what was being said, but he kept gesturing at him. Soon, it was over and he walked over and stared down at him for a few long minutes mumbling, incoherently.

Tristan looked down at himself and noticed several alarming things at once. He had two rather well rounded breasts now. His hips were larger. He looked very feminine.

The doctor had noticed that Tristin was awake. He approached the groggy boy and told him, “Tristin, there is someone who wants to meet you. He will help you to understand a few things better. Treat her kindly.”

Tristin looked up, and said, “I will. Who is this person?”

The kind doctor looked at him and said, “She was a boy like you. Sold by her family and forced to be a cruel man’s concubine against her will. She can help you.”

Then the doctor walked away. A few seconds later, he heard softer footsteps approach him. Then above him, he saw the smallish face of someone that didn’t look much older than a child, but he could never have known this girl was once a boy unless the doctor told him.

She said, in a voice full of kindness and compassion, “Hello Tristin. I am Delica. I’m not going to ask you how you are doing. I know you are very distressed. It all sucks, but I will do everything I can to help you.”

Tristin looked up and said, “How can you help me?”

“Because, like you, I was sold by my family into this cruel life. This is a rare thing, but it’s starting to happen more and more, life becomes a living nightmare for boys like us. I try to help them escape and then we do what we can to help other boys stuck in this. We are doing our best to rescue boys who are sold. Sometimes we succeed, but it takes years” Delica explained.

Something troubled Tristin. He looked up, and said, “Delica, not to seem ungrateful, but I know there aren’t many boys that this happens to. What about the girls this happens to? The girls sold into sexual servitude versus boys are like ten to one. “

Delica looked down. “Yes I know. We do what we can with the resources we have. I have helped a girl or two, but we focus more on boys. Girls have their own organization giving them help where it's needed. “

Tristin understood. “More needs to be done, but I accept your help. How old are you by the way?”

“I am eighteen, but my owner wanted me to look younger than I really am. He actually bought me when I was only twelve.”

“Oh My God! You were sold at 12? You mean, a man brought you for sex at 12? That’s horrible. I’m so sorry, Delica.” Tears went down Tristin’s face.

“I made it, Tristin. I spent 7 years as his concubine with some woman training me and hurting me when I wasn’t submissive enough. They call these women our attendants, but really, they're cruel disciplinarians and torturers. They are good at what they do, which is training us to be submissive concubines and lovers to these sadistic men, and now I work here, helping others like myself. Just like you will see, our consent is irrelevant. What these women who do this don’t understand is, it’s not the dressing and feminizing that breaks our spirit. We can deal with that, at least I could. What makes this life unbearable is the continued sexual abuse from the men. Acting feminine and dressing isn’t a problem. At least it was not a problem for me, but I was very feminine. A doctor told my father that I had gender dysphoria.”

Tristin was scared, but he expected as much. “Yeah, that would make life very difficult. So do you have any idea what's happening to me? What can you do to help me?”

“He shook his head, “Not a clue. but apparently someone bought you from your family. Your family accepted payment. From what I heard, it was your sister, Claudia, who wanted to do it. Whoever bought you wanted you to look like a woman. That’s all I know!”

Tristin wanted to bolt up, “What? How can that be and how do you know so much about me?“

“I will keep in touch and find you, then I will help you.” The boy replied.

“Thank you, but I still don’t know what’s going on.” Tristin asked.

All the boy said was, “You will see. So don’t lose your spirit. Stay strong and I will see you again, but for now I must say bye. We will meet again,Tristin.”

“Bye Delica, and I am sorry for what you went though. If there’s anything I can help you with, just ask!”

Delica smiled, “That’s very kind, but I’m free. I will help you when I can. Your offer is kind and maybe we can help each other.”

After that, Tristin watched the very effeminate boy walk away and the Doctor returned.

Tristin looked up from his gurney, and said, “Don’t feel bad for me. I will be alright. I am strong and can handle anything.”

The doctor looked down and said, “They think it’s hot to take a normal boy, feminize him and force him to be their lover or slave. It is sick, but some of these men like that. These are soulless monsters, and you are being delivered to them like a slave with no choice”

“That’s the story of my life, Doctor. “Tristin said. “I don’t blame you. Whatever happens, I can handle it and don’t think I don’t know I’m going to go through hell. My family sold me to some rich powerful guy. I have no choice.”

The doctor shook his head. “That’s about the size of it, and that’s not all. I helped. I followed their orders. I did something horrible. I hope you can forgive me, but it cannot be reversed.”

“Doctor, I know whatever you did, you had no choice. This is your job and to refuse it would mean you'd get fired or shot. What did you do? It figures that my father sold me. He was a cruel heartless man who took pleasure in beating me during my childhood.”

The Doctor shook his head, “You heard that, but you didn’t hear everything. You might know about gene splicing, growing stem cells from tissue from the person, to grow organs so exact they won’t be rejected. I did that to you, and grew more from the plateletes. The organ was perfect and I transplanted it inside you. I was told to give you ovaries. We have done this a number of times to other guys. It will keep your body naturally feminine. Additionally, you had an orchiectomy.”

Tristin looked up, “God, why are you doing this to me?” Then Tristin smiled grimly at the doctor. “It is allright. I don’t hold this against you.”

There was no more left to say and the doctor left with a very sad look on his face. Tristin was left alone, tied to a gurney, for about fifteen minutes. Then he heard loud footsteps and he guessed that was the General’s heels tapping the floor. She stood over him with a smirk.

“You look much prettier and I think the boss will be very pleased with those new breasts. You and he will have so much fun together. Especially now that you are homosexual. You will desire him so much more and make it much more fun for him.”

Tristin made disgusted face. “What? Who said I was homosexual? No way! I am heterosexual, I desire women. Do you understand?”

She stood there fuming. “What?”

“You heard me. I desire women not men.” Tristin said defiantly.

“Something is wrong then. You were supposed to be made into a homosexual. I will figure that out, but it makes little difference. You will have sex with a man and learn to adapt. He will be your master now. I will make sure you give him no trouble.”

He smirked. “Just like you made sure there was no trouble with the increasing guerrilla activity in the south, right? “Her facial expression was rock hard, but he had expected it. Then he asked, “Let me ask you something General. Could you adjust to life having no control over your sexuality or who gets to have sex with you?”

She leaned over and smirked, “Yes, I did. There isn’t much said about the war against the Tsar in Russia, but my army was defeated. I was captured and his soldiers used me every day while I was there as a P.O.W. , but I’m strong and I survived.”

He shook his head, “Seems not. It made you cruel and have no mercy or ability to feel anything. You didn’t survive!”

She leaned down, simmering with rage. Her face was hovering inches above his own, trying to look intimidating. “My campaign against the rebels of the south may had ended in failure, but the Emperor, Lucius Sulla, has assigned more troops and Legions. I will keep you under control and shut your wiseass mouth, understand?”

“Yes, and I hate this, but you must too. You went from commanding thousands of troops, to one small boy who has no physical skills. Must make you feel very brave and powerful, doesn’t it? Your career ended in disgrace.”

She decided to leave before she ruined the doctor’s work. How did this boy know so much about her? None of it is public. Her failure against the southern guerrillas was kept classified. As far as the public was concerned she was a military hero, but somehow he knew about her disgrace, her court martial. Whoever this boy was, he would stay silent. She would see to it. Most of the time his mouth would probably be filled with the Governors phallus anyway. He’d do very little talking for now on, just the way the Governor likes his women.

She yelled out, “Let’s get moving, the Governor is waiting for her. “

He was knocked out by a man behind him and taken into a van for transport.

He had awakened some time during the ride with a splitting headache, but he didn’t move or alarm whoever had taken him to the fact that he wasn’t asleep anymore.

After another hour the van stopped and he noticed the sun had come out finally. It was early morning and the two men took Tristin on either side and helped him into some building, down a hallway and into a room with a bath. Then the men held him as the women began bathing and shaving his entire body.

He let these men and some women bath him and shampoo his hair. He was naked, so he didn’t feel like resisting much. Not that he felt it would do him much good anyway. He needed more information on what was going on.

A robe was put around his body and then the men helped him up and moved him into another room where there was a frightening looking chair in the center of the room, with one woman who looked like she was in command of it all. She was waiting for him.

“Greetings Tristin. I trust your ride was Ok. Have a seat in this chair.”

The chair looked like an electric chair they used to use for electrocutions. It was black and had foot and arm rests with leather black straps made to secure people in it. It looked like something they bought from a prison. It was not inviting at all.

Tristin glared at this woman and said, “By Jupiter’s cock, are you serious? I won’t sit in that chair.”

She grinned and said, “Yes you will.”

The men pushed him forward, but he'd had enough of this. He forced his way free of the men and asked, “What is going on here?

With a shuddering voice, she said, “Tristin listen. This won’t do any good. If you refuse, these men will force you. She gestured toward the large security detail standing by.

Tristin thought for a moment, then said, “Fine, by Jupiter’s cock, lets proceed!” He sat in the chair. “So who are you and what are you going to do?”

She began working with his hair. “I am Chloe. I’m here to assist you. First I need to style your hair.”

“Why do you need to do my hair? Stop being vague and tell me why I was brought here. “

“I am to prepare you for your wedding.” The woman said to him

“I am not getting married. Woman, what are you talking about? I am not engaged anymore.” He said.

Other women started filing his nails. Pretty soon he had long pink nails.

“I’m not getting married. “He said again. “This is crazy! Why are you humiliating me, Chloe?”

“I’m not humiliating you. There’s nothing humiliating about getting your hair styled. Men do it all the time.”

He laughed. Obviously Chloe enjoys playing mind games with her captives. She had to know that tying a man to a chair and styling and making him look like a woman was humiliating to a man. He wasn’t going any further with that if she wanted to play games. “Fine, I think you know exactly what you are doing, but I’m not getting married so what’s going on here?”

She replied, “I’m sorry no one consulted you about the details.” She dropped the comb and gave Tristin her full attention.

“I can see you have not been informed of the details of your upcoming marriage. I guess this is normal in these marriages. They wait for the last minute to inform the soon to be spouse, so they don’t panic or flee at the last moment at having such decisions made for them.” She said.

Tristin responded, “Yeah I guess that can be kind of frightening. Having ones rights to chose their life being taken from them. I'm sure you can understand, Chloe. After all, if it happened to you, how would you feel?”

“That’s not my problem, Tristin.” Chloe said.

“So what if I don’t like this woman I'm being set up with?” Tristin asked, but then he got a feeling that he did not like.

Chloe responded much as he expected now. “Woman? Tristin you aren’t marrying a woman. You are being married to another man. You are being made the male bride of the Governor of the New York Territories. Governor Tiberius Maximus.”

“Well, no one asked me. I didn’t consent to any marriage and isn’t consent required? I’m not gay and I refuse to do this, so let me go.”

Chloe made a mocking gesture and said, “Consent? Your consent was given by your family.”

“Chloe, I know the law and all marriages require consent. How can they not know this? I assumed I was being sold as a slave and that was why this was being done. I know slavery has no consent, but how can I be married against my consent?”

Good point, she thought. Except for one thing. “I will admit it’s pretty rare especially employed on other men in a same sex union, but, this has been arranged by your family and set up for you. This is a cum manu marriage like old style marriages during the early part of the Republic. It’s gone out of style lately in favor of the seno manu marriages. This marriage requires no consent from the bride. Your consent was given by the Grooms offer of the Coemptio. The price for the bride and the witnesses who signed it.”

“By Jupiters cock! You mean those marriages that were done 400 years ago are being done now?”

She said, “Yes.”

“So this means the wife is placed under the total dominion of the husband. Her life, her freedom, her choices, even her property, and all against her consent.” Tristin said shaking.

She smiled again.

“I'm a man, I'm not a woman. How can this happen to me? These marriages were only compelled to women.” Tristin said.

“Well that’s sexist, don’t you think?” Chloe said.

“Bet your ass it is sexist and that’s why they fell out of favor. I can’t believe this is bring brought into modern times. It’s just another form of slavery.” He said. “Chloe, I don’t want to be dressed as a girl. I’m not a woman. Please make this stop, I can’t be a male bride. That’s just…stupid.” Tristin said.

“Men can be made brides. Now listen. If you don’t want to dress as a girl, you will have to discuss that with your new husband. As you know, he will have total dominion over your affairs from now on. You being painted and made up pretty is his desire for you. We must respect it now.” Chloe said to him.

Tristin started feeling panic. He looked up at the sky and yelled, “Seriously? BY JUPITERS COCK! ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOURE FUCKING WITH ME AGAIN? AFTER ALL I WENT THOUGH WHEN I WAS YOUNG, BEING BEATEN EVERY DAY, MOLESTED AND RAPED! MADE TO BE LIKE A GIRL FOR A BOYFRIEND AT SCHOOL. I ESCAPED FROM THAT AND YOU DO THIS TO ME? I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU ARE KIDDING!”

Chloe wondered who he was talking to, looking up at the sky and ranting though tears in his eyes.

Tristin then did the last thing she would have expected. In her experience in this, this was the time that the men started to panic. Yell, curse, or say something sexist. Tristin just smiled at her. It was a sweet innocent smile.

“Well, I should have guessed this would happen to me, Chloe. Male bride. What a funny word. Once again, God spreads my cheeks and rams his cock in my fucking ass. I will prevail over this Chloe. Count on it!”

“Tristin, other men have said the same thing and they have been married to men for years. “

“WHY DO YOU KEEP TORMENTING ME LORD? WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE A LIFE FULL OF MISSERY AND SHAME?”

Then Chloe shouted, “Tristin calm down. You are overreacting.”

He smiled, “You call this overreacting. Having my life taken away, being forced to marry a man when I’m not gay. Having my self-determination stripped and stolen and you call this overreacting? Woman, how would you react in my place? Wouldn’t you panic and cry?”

Then he stared at the woman across from him. He settled down and asked, “Chloe, can you help get me away? Has anyone considered my feelings in this? I don’t want to wear a wedding dress. I don’t want to marry a man I don’t know.”

“That’s often the case in Cum Manu marriages. “ She said. “It’s your husband who will make such determinations for you for now on. This is an old tradition from the Republic. It’s the bride who is forced to get a husband she doesn’t want and loses all rights to self-determination and expression.” She told him, seeing his reaction.

“Now I understand. “ Tristin said. “You enjoy seeing, tormenting and feminizing males for what they have done to your sex for so long. I still don’t like this. Isn’t there anything you can do to help me get out of this?”

Chloe responded, “It’s not my decision. It’s been made for you by your family. I can’t change it.”

Tristin laughed bitterly. “You can’t use that to escape personal responsibility. We all have choices to do right and wrong. 'I’m just following orders' won’t let you escape the consequences. It didn’t work for the defendants at the Nuremberg trails. It won’t work for you. If you do this I will hold you responsible for destroying my life. Chloe, don’t force me to do this. Please. Make him choose someone else.”

“The governor picked you to be his bride. You will wear a wedding dress and attend the ceremony, whether you like it or not.” She smiled.

He looked up again and screamed, “I seriously hope you’re kidding me!”

“I’m not. The guests have already begun arriving. It's been decided and approved. That hearing you just attended gave its consent.”

Then he turned his attention to the woman. “I heard all about it a few years ago. They started admitting women into the Senate. They banded together and gave the Senate an ultimatum to either ban Cum Manu marriages, the ceremonies and such, or add more laws to include men in it, or the women would remove themselves from the Senate and divide the Empire. Since they were from some of the richest and most politically powerful families in the Empire, that might have prompted a long civil war. The Senate didn’t want to ban an ancient, old family tradition. Some of those men would have hated losing any control. So they simply added men in compulsory marriages, with all it's ancient customs from the distant past that were included in it. They didn’t think anything would result from it, but I heard them make some of the most perverted arguments on the Senate floor why men could be the bride in Cum Manu marriages. So this man selected me, huh? I still won’t let you do this. Has a guy ever refused to comply?”

She shrugged as if it was nothing new. “Yes, almost all of the men, but that why there’s the guards and the straps. They were still married and most of them live with their husbands as feminized men now.”

“Does it ever bother you, what you are doing to people who don’t want this?” He asked.

“No. We women dealt with it. Now it’s your turn.” She stated.

He never imagined that a man could be forced into an actual marriage to another man. That was unthinkable. He knew some men had been bought and forced into homosexual relations with their masters. He knew that, sometimes the men got sicker and forced the other to act as a woman, dress and present himself as a woman. That was just a master and slave relationship. Sick, but the slave had no obligation to even pretend to love the man. He could despise him all he wanted, but a forced homosexual marriage against consent was something different. He would be the man's wife, expected to act like he loved the man and brought into public as the man's wife. It horrified Tristin.

He didn't know what else to do, so he asked Chloe. “Alright. I understand. Men have resisted you, but you had the power and help to compel them to comply with your sick demands, but what would happen if a man had the ability to prevent you from doing this? If he were able to defeat your guards and escape you?”

“It hasn't happened yet and it won't happen. That’s why we strap the men in the chair.” Chloe said.

Tristin flashed Chloe a smile. It was a cold icy smile filled with hate. “There's always a first time, and guess what, Chloe?”

She was busy with his hair and not noticing what else was going on. “What, Tristin?”

“I am free” Tristin said coldly. He stood up and shoved Chloe back against the wall. She yelled for security and the two men came toward him.

Suddenly, the door busted open and his best friend rushed in with six other large armed men, wearing the bright red armor on their bodies.
It was Titus, and he demanded, “You let my friend go!”

There was a fight with the other man and the praetorian guards quickly subdued the security men who were to keep Tristin captive for Chloe.

She tried to sound firm. It was one of her skills, but against an armed man with his short sword pointed at her, it was more difficult. “How dare you interfere with this? Its legal, approved by Tristin’s family and by the court.” She wasn’t sure what was going on now. Tristin had quickly defeated the two large guards and his friends came in.

Titus simply grabbed Chloe and pushed her against the wall, his sword pointing at her stomach. “Now you listen to me. This boy has been mistreated all his life by his family, so to let such people choose for him now is the greatest injustice I can think of. I have known this boy since he was an infant. He’s smart, extremely intelligent and strong. He doesn’t need someone to look after him. His family wants to hurt him and strip him of his pride. Marrying him to this horrible man and letting him molest Tristin more won’t help him. Woman, what are you thinking? Don’t you care about the people you do this to?”

Tristin said, “I don’t think she cares about anyone. Let’s go.”

With the other Praetorians watching the guards, their swords at the men’s threat. Titus and Tristin stood together as friends. He looked around, then went up to Chloe and said, “Chloe you are an inhuman sadist. You were going to do this to me and you have done it to many others. I pray for the people you have hurt.”

Then he turned to his friend, who was watching Tristin with respect. “Titus, let’s go outside. We need to make a few plans because I don’t think I will be able to get out of this. If I run they will simply look for me. My sisters might be the ones to pay for it if I don’t go through with this.

They walked to the back of the temple. Tristin went up close to his friend and started whispering in his ear, out of the range of everyone else's hearing.

Titus knelt down bowed his head and put his fist over his heart in an act of submission and respect to Tristin.

Tristin’s eyes flew around in alarm and he grabbed his friend, pulling him up before anyone could see. Not that there was anyone else there. They were in a hidden area behind the temple of Jupiter. “You stop that, you’re going to get us killed, Titus. It’s not time to reveal my secret. That time will come later.”

Titus shook his head, “I know. It’s just, it’s been so long since I could actually say your name. You belong in the palace, not doing this.”

Tristin approached Titus, “That’s not fair and you know it. What, because of my high aristocratic blood I must never suffer? Let others suffer from what these horrible people do, but I’m immune from it?
Tristian looked at his friend. Then said, “Titus, I may not be able to stop this. And you know of our talk earlier, several weeks ago. I need your help now.” Tristin said.

“Sure,” Titus said, unsure.”

“You know about the codes in my head. You knew my true father and what codes he used to do the programing. I need you to alter it, to remove the command functions from me. Leave it open so Chloe can transfer the administrator functions to her, and issue me commands that I must obey. But, leave it open for me to override at my discretion. Just make it difficult. I know you can do this.”

“Tristin are you sure about this?” He asked.

“Yes of course. I must do this. So please. She can’t do this if I can stop her. I need to be helpless. Only then, this can work.”

He thought for a second. Then nodded. Approaching Tristin. He spoke the commands, “Command function override, Reset command function admin. Authorization, 62532, Titus, guardian. “

Tristian spoke, “Second code for authorization to reset required.”

Tristin took a deep breath and said his part silently in his mind. His programing would understand his thoughts.

“Authorization accepted. Reset granted. Reset now.”

Titus spoke, “Leave reset open for later determination. Leave command override function for him at his discretion. Reset code, 10 digits, must be entered six times. "

It was all done.

Tristin finally spoke, “I know that’s what many think, and that’s the point of me submitting to this. Once they see it can even happen to me, high and mighty me, the public will be shocked out of their apathy for the suffering. They will demand action. Now I’m going back. I must see this through. If I don’t, then one of my sisters may suffer in my place. You just make sure you do your part to make sure I can get through this alive. ”

Then he thought of something before he walked away, and said, “Wait, there’s one more thing I would like you to do for me. “

Titus just looked at Tristin waiting.

“This Chloe person that has been placed in charge of me. She said that she did this to many other men. Can you find out who she did this to and free them.”

“I’m not sure. That’s really not my area. How am I supposed to find them and do this?” Titus asked.

“I’m sure you can. You being a captain of the Pretorian guard. You have lots of resources and access. Please find these suffering people and free them. Find their Husbands or Masters and give them an offer they can’t refuse. If you know what I mean. “

Titus smiled. “Ok. For you. These trainers work for a company. There are many of them but I found out Chloe works for Feminizers Co. She is a class five, the highest and most experienced. She’s done this for 15 years and has many attendants working under her to make sure you get all the training in all departments. You will find that out when they have you secured at your husband’s place. They have records that I can get into and find who she did this before.”

Tristin smiled, “That’s good. I am not her first. But I will be the last she trains. I have to go. Bye.”

Then he walked back into the room where he was to be prepared as the wife for this wedding. He told Chloe, “Chloe, I still don’t like you, but I’m going along with this wedding. However, before it happens I’m going to see who the hell I’m marrying. I know you said he was Governor Tiberius. I've never seen him in my life. I’ve heard he’s a very sick and perverted man.”

He walked out to see who this man was.

He stormed out into the ceremony, seeing guests beginning to arrive. They seemed shocked to see the bride, a young feminized man wearing a pink bath robe, rushing out the door. Tristin saw a large man wearing the purple toga of the Imperial Aristocracy. He looked like he was in control over the entire thing. That must be Tiberius Maximus. He stormed up to the man and grabbed his arm painfully tight. Tiberius was stunned and in pain.

“Tristin, “He said, with a hint of fear and bewilderment. “Why aren’t you getting ready for the wedding? “

Tristin examined the man. He had the emblem of the Empire, and the symbol of a high ranking Imperial Governor. He was very rich and very politically powerful. This had its perks. He was the Tribune’s friend. From what he was told, this guy was worse. He wasn’t violent, but he was seriously sick minded and twisted. From what he heard about the guy, he had another dominant sex friend in his palace and they enjoyed getting meek straight guys to force into their games and orgies.

They must have found a way to get a straight guy to stay there and have no choice and they must want the guy feminine as possible. ‘That was why they chose me’, Tristin thought to himself.

He knew that if he left this man, that he would force someone else into this. Someone who wasn’t as strong as he was. Then, in his mind’s eye, he saw this man make arrangements with another kid’s family. This one young, around 15 or 16. Very weak and easily forced into this. He saw the boy being led here crying, wearing a dress and he saw the boy slitting his wrists within 3 months. He didn’t know if this was what would happen, but he had the feeling that that boy would be his backup if Tristin managed to escape.

“Because, I didn’t want to.” Tristin said answering Tiberius’s question. “You set this up against my will and I need answers. Why did you choose me?” He asked.

“Because, my friend and I want another lover and your family was looking for a husband for you. It was perfect. I needed a wife to add to my household. A feminine, male wife. As my wife, and with my family, you will have access to excess luxury and even power if you accept it. I approached your father, well... he approached me and I offered him coemptio, and we set it up. Is there a problem?”

“Yes there is a problem. One, I’m not gay. And two, no one asked me about marrying you. You are forcing this on me. Why wouldn’t you think there would be a problem?” Tristin demanded.

“Because many women want me. I’m sure in time you will learn to desire me. I will make love to you, my princess, and we will love each other forever.”

Tristin thought it over for a second. Then said, “Ok fine. At least you are honest, but what if I don’t want to be part of this? Does that matter to you? I’m not gay, I won’t enjoy sex with you and your friend and your orgies. I can’t imagine anything worse than that. Please let me out of it. Cancel this thing.”

The man smiled caringly. “My sweet. Everything is alright. I will take care of you and be gentle. You will enjoy my love very much. You will be my beloved princess.”

Oh shit. He was being married to a sexual megalomaniac who thought his wealth and power can force love. He silently asked the heavens, 'By Jupiter’s cock, why me?' but he knew why. Because he could take it. He has the family connections, the support. He would not break under this guy, but him being straight and being forced to be the love toy to two men in orgies might push him to the breaking point! With his support he wouldn’t. Then he turned his attention to the man standing in front of him. “Ok, you don’t care.”

He just stood there for a moment with Titus behind him, simmering with rage. He couldn’t escape. If he did, he would be a fugitive, having to hide. He would end up making no difference at all. He was stuck and told Titus,

“I will do this. If I don’t, someone weaker than I am will be chosen and I will be hunted as a fugitive for desertion of my husband. With that, I can’t hold public office, I will never make a difference. I was chosen by this man and I’m not a coward. With your support, I will endure and make a big difference. This will never happen to anyone again.”

Then he turned to the man and said, “Fine, let’s get married.”

The Governor looked concerned and said, “Then you have to get dressed. Let the women put the wedding apparel on you. Then we can do it, sweet.”

“Oh right. Ok. I’ll see you in awhile my husband. “Tristin went back into the room with the chair. He saw Chloe looking very concerned about her own future. Guards were just waking up. He doubted they would ever give him trouble again. He sat in the chair in front of her and said, “Fine. By Jupiter's cock, someone up there wants me to be Jobe, so I'll do it. Let’s do this, Chloe. Make me the most beautiful bride there ever was.”

Chloe looked confused, “Be Jobe? What is that?”

“Jobe. You know, Jobe. Oh right. You don’t. In my faith, there was a man named Jobe. For some reason, God chose him to lose everything he valued in his life. He lost all his savings, his property, his entire family was killed, but he still kept his faith. It was a cruel test to see if his suffering could make him turn against his faith. It would not... and I won’t. “

“Oh.” She thought absently.

As she went to work on him, thanking her stars he had come back, he said, “This thing can work out. I had intended to fight for civil rights when I’d start running for office. I'd fight to ban all forms of slavery. I would also fight to ban these forced marriages, but this way will make my fight easier. Otherwise I'd be working hard for 20 years or more before I could stand on the Senate forum and try to get them to do it. This way, I have the ear of one of the most powerful men in the Empire. I will be his wife, so people will listen to me. I’m not sure if I can get Tiberius to listen to me, but I think there’s a way. Odd way to do the Lord’s work, but he selected me for this”

Things were coming way too fast for Chloe. She was bewildered by this man. She looked up and shouted, “By Jupiter's cock, what the hell is going on!”

“Chloe. I have three tasks to perform so I can find out who is behind this. I have a few ideas. I just have to see if my suspicions are true My father never intended this. Near the end of his life he told me he respected me and was no longer going to get in my way. I need to find out what is going on, who set it up, who’s behind it and how it happened. “

She said, “I know for a fact that your father set it all up. He signed the forms and set it in motion.”

Tristin shook his head. “I don’t think so. I know the man beat me and said horrible things. He said I was a disgrace for a son and was even worse when Claudia began dressing me and letting Bill molest me. My father really said I was disgusting, but he was proud of what I did later in life. He told me so. That was a year ago when he invited me to his place and told me how proud he was of me. He didn’t do this. At least not willingly. Someone put him up to it and I think I know who. I know he had to go along or I wouldn’t be here. As the family patriarch, he is the only one with the power to put this thing into motion. Someone blackmailed him, coerced him. He wouldn’t do this on his own. I think you know what’s going on, but you won’t tell me. I know you know a lot, but you won’t tell me. You don’t care, so do what you want.”

He smiled at Chloe with that horrifying sinister grin again. “I will get the truth, and find out who is behind this. With the office of an Imperial Governor behind me, I will make them pay.”

She had to add, “Tristin, you won’t have any power. Remember the laws. The wife in a manus marriage loses all rights to self-determination and expression”

“That’s true. That silly old tradition from the ancient republic. I thought it went with the dust of the ancient past. We do Sena Manu marriages now in which the wife is equal and can get out of the marriage. She can even own property or even refuse the marriage, but, I don’t think I need him. I will hate this man forever for what he did to me. I will triumph over him, defeat him and he will regret the day he ever saw or heard of me.”

Authors note. In the Roman Empire, there were two styles of marriages.

There were Manus marriages where the wife was placed under the dominion of her husband. Her status was almost like that of her husbands children and the marriage was compulsory, meaning she had not the right to refuse. However, that was an ancient tradition that was practiced many hundred’s of years before the Roman Empire. It was done in the distant Roman republics.

Later, during the formation of the Roman Empire, they were doing Sene Manu marriages in which express consent was required by both parties and the woman was independent and could hold property.

up
41 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Much better!

I'm glad to see that you didn't give up on this as it is a story with lots of possibilities in the wings. We learn as we go in writing, and it looks like you are learning and doing it well.

Maggie

I had the privilege

to be trusted to help a bit with this story as an editor. Lucy is a brand new writer and, like almost all beginners,she has a lot to learn. However, I have found her to be an apt student and she shows the promise of bringing us solid, entertaining stories in the future. It was my pleasure to work with her on this one and I hope she'll trust me enough to allow me to continue assisting her as her editor.

I hope to see many more comments following Maggie's so kind one, as Lucy is just beginning to stretch her talent as a writer and, as we all know, encouragement in the form of a comment is one of the best ways to spur a writer on to greater and greater tales.

Thank you Lucy, for allowing me to participate in this, the first of many, tales I hope, and welcome to the Big Closet Top Shelf, where the best in the genre enthrall us with their great story telling skills and talent.

Hugs and love,
Catherine Linda Michel

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

Interesting start

You have the start of a very interesting story.
Hugs
Grover

Awesome start

ChasingSerenity's picture

So impressed with the main character. So many twists and plots within plots could happen.