Beauty and the Vial: Tested -03-

Printer-friendly version

Beauty and the Vial: Tested

Chapter Three: Gail and Montine

By Jo Dora Webster

Will Gail, with Great Aunt Montine's help, discover the mystery of shopping and perhaps a more supernatural one as well?

 

 

Chapter 3 ~ Gail and Montine

 

Great Aunt Montine soon arrived in the living room with a tray from the kitchen. She had me take a lap tray from beside my seat and set it up across my lap. She served me and then pulled up a tray table for herself and served herself. I finally broke the silence instead of starting to eat.

"You tricked me! You knew that when I told you that I would do it if I could be undetectable as a girl that I thought I was saying no."

"You had a priceless expression on your face when you realized what happened. Not even getting your period at the same time threw you. Didn't you secretly wish for this to happen?"

"Maybe? I don't know, Aunt Montine. I'm glad it happened because I feel so alive and right and congruent. I feel a little loss because Alex is dead now. The memories hurt because every thing about them are foreign to me. The only times that don't hurt are when I had been with or interacting with you. I didn't know what to call it then but I've always been Gail with you, haven't I?"

"You don't know or you have not decided yet?. I've always known how to coax Gail to show herself but I didn't create her. You were born being Gail but everyone else taught you that you should be a boy. You were a good girl and wanted to please them so you formed a boy persona to show to the world and pushed the real you so far inside that it seemed like she didn't exist anymore."

"I remember little girl Gail from the secret place my friend Celia led me too. I'm a teen-aged Gail now. If being Alex wasn't real, why do I grieve his loss so much?"

"Being Alex connected you to family and friends and Gail inside treasured family and friends so much that she gave her life so Alex could keep those connections. I'm sorry for tricking you but I wanted you to have the chance to let Gail out so you could decide for yourself about being Gail without all those other voices drowning out yours. That's what summer vacations for a teen have always been about for those who dared discover who they really were inside instead of being the sum of expectations."

"This is a lot more than coping with puberty and starting the transition from child to adult. At least if the real me has always been Gail then that explains why I've not been enthusiastic and put the breaks on any lust my male body has felt. Does this mean I'm going to be liking boys? I've got the body for it now and if my mind goes with it unlike before then something could happen, couldn't it?"

"It could happen but I would not expect it to happen quickly. We might like to go to the mall to get you some clothes that fit. You might not realize it now, but the problem isn't your willingness, but theirs. Not only are you a girl but you are incredibly attractive. You might like to take precautions and ordinary birth control doesn't work on me or you any more. We'll get you an appointment with my gynecologist You'll need to use barrier methods, watching your cycle and spermicide. This is temporary now but if you become a mother it will be permanent."

"Thanks for the warning, Aunt Montine. I will be careful. Guy's are really going to be that attracted to me? Really?

"Believe it, Gail! Guys who are that turned on will try everything. With you being a novice that puts you at a real disadvantage. That's why you'll need to be careful."

"I understand now. Why don't we go choose my room? I guess you wanted me to wait till today so I would realize that I was going to spend some of the summer as a girl. How long will I be a girl? Is the visitor going to come calling again?"

"Gail, as things stand now your visitor will likely come again but that might be the last time. How are you doing with your visitor, dear?

"Even though you have prepared me for it, after it started, I felt so scared. I'm so relieved, knowing I might have to go thru it only one time more. I'm getting used to it and thinking of it less of a bother and more like a promise of even more beauty and life."

"Good girl! Anyway for the rest of what you asked. With the jet lag from your flight, I would have waited anyway to give you the tour. But knowing you would start the summer as a girl is important information I wanted you to have as you are choosing. I guess we can talk and walk at the same time."

"Is it possible that I could spend the entire summer as a girl? Would there anyway to make that happen if I would like to stay a girl?"

"It's possible to extend your time but no way to make it end before it runs its course. There will be signs before you turn back. When that happens, we will discuss what we would like to do."

"I don't suppose there is any use in asking you where the magic comes from or how it works, Aunt Montine?"

"Sorry Gail! Nor at this time. What is it the spies say? Oh yeah. You have no need to know."

"That's okay. The blessing is not unwelcome just because I don't know where it comes from. It's very welcome and thank you so much Aunt Montine."

We both got up and shared a great big girly hug that I enjoyed. I helped Great Aunt Montine by taking the remains of our Breakfast to the kitchen, putting away the food and putting the soiled dishes in the dish washer. I returned and the two of us went up the stairs. The living areas and Great Aunt Montine's bedroom and the guest bedroom where I stayed last night were on the first floor. This was my first look at the upstairs where I noticed a hallway with a number of room doors which were all bedrooms.

Great Aunt Montine took me to the first door and we stepped inside. This was obviously a girl's room with pastel decorations and a girls bedroom suite including a nice vanity. There was a large walk in closet which had been customized to use all the space efficiently. There was a place for everything including places for a large number of shoes. The room fit the new me so I knew that I didn't need to see the rest of the rooms.

"Aunt Montine, it's okay if I don't see any more of the rooms. I love this one and I feel that it is a good fit for the girly girl that I expect that I will be."

"Gail, I feel that this is a good choice for you too. You may leave anything that is distinctly Alex's in the guest room. We'll replace the clothing and other items when we go shopping. You need not be frugal in making do by .using things that fit Alex better. I have set aside a large budget to get you settled and I don't mind you spending it all. I don't want you to fail at experiencing everything a girl does just because you wanted to pinch pennies for me. I want you to do this right since you may never get this chance again."

"Thank you Aunt Montine. I'll go pack a bag and bring those items up here now."

"Please make a shopping list of the things that you would like to replace because they scream Alex. You don't have to list clothing since I know what you need better than you may know yourself yet."

I went down stairs and packed a few things and afterward I made a shopping list that was long. I looked at the bag that I was using and added 'luggage' to the list. I brought them upstairs and Great Aunt Montine helped me put them away. I handed the list to Great Aunt Montine and she smiled at me and nodded when she saw the list.

"Gail, we will be able to get everything that you need with some left over for items we may have overlooked. Let's get cleaned up and changed. I'll lay an outfit out for you on your bed. Then we'll drive out to the mall and start shopping."

Getting cleaned up was interesting but Great Aunt Montine left a step by step list for me. I put on the clothes and filled my purse and was ready except that I did not use any makeup. I looked stunningly beautiful even without it so it was dawning on me that Great Aunt Montine was right about me being a stunner and to keep my guard up. I followed Great Aunt Montine out to the car and off we went.

"Aunt Montine, I still don't understand. What is the big deal about women and shopping? Shouldn't the shopping gene go along with becoming a girl?"

"Don't worry Gail. You have the shopping gene. Once you understand what shopping is all about and immersion in shopping takes place, it will kick in. You'll never know what hit you."

"What do I need to understand?"

"I believe an illustration is in order. Let's go into Claire's and get your ears pierced. Don't worry. the reverse process will make them whole again."

"Let's get my ears pierced!"

We went inside Claire's and it was pretty obvious where we had to go to get it done. We watched as a tall blonde woman was getting her ears pierced. She was sitting in the chair so patiently clutching the Claire bear like a little girl. Her friend was taking her picture as her first ear was pierced with a cute happy smile on her face even though I knew her ear had to be stinging. The girl doing it stopped and turned to us.

"Hello ladies, may I help you?"

"I'd like to get my niece, Gail's ears pierced."

She handed Great Aunt Montine a clipboard and directed me to the starter earring display.

"If you'll fill out this form and pick out which earring that you'd like for her, you can be next after Allison there."

The attractive, sophisticated blonde with the cute shoes and camera waved. I smiled at both of them and waved back. While Great Aunt Montine was filling out the clipboard she came over to me and pointed out a large heart shaped earring with facets cut into it so that it shone like a large diamond when the light caught it.

"Would you like that one, Gail?"

"Oh yes! Thank you!

Just then the gun misfired and did not pierce her other ear all the way through. The girl doing it was upset but the blonde in the chair sat patiently smiling. While the shop girl was getting things ready for another attempt, an illusion appeared in front of me of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen but her features were obscured in a light brighter than the sun yet I was not blinded by it. The woman's image faded but the bright aura rested on the woman in the chair clutching the bear. Somehow I knew that the only way that the aura around her would finish with her is if I kissed her on the lips. I was sure it was just the woman since just then the girl came into view in front of her with the second successful try piercing her ear. The woman exchanged places with Allison and they traded the Claire bear and the camera.

"Wish me luck, Ari, I haven't gotten my ears pierced since I was 6 years old. You were so calm through the entire thing."

"For Luck, Allie."

Ari kissed Allison on the cheek. The sales girl positioned the gun to give Allison the second ear piercing that she wanted in the first ear. While setting up for the second ear after a successful first, I closed in and kissed Ari full on the lips. The aura permeated all of Arl and vanished. I smiled at her and she smiled back at me.

"Thank you. I'm afraid I don't remember your name?"

"I'm Gail. You've been such a brave girl. I felt that I had to kiss and make it better"

"Thank you for your gift, Gail. I feel amazing, so it must have worked."

Ari was changing but she didn't seem to notice. She was trying to get a good pic of Allison getting her other ear pierced. I noticed things that I hadn't before. Her large hands and feet became smaller. Her hairline, nose and chin changed. The grey faded from her hair and from her brows she seemed to become even more blonde and the shag cut grew out until her hair reached the middle of her back She shrunk a few inches as she became thinner and more delicate. Her breasts grew 3 cup sizes and her hips flared out giving her a perfect figure. The bulge on her throat went away as her shoulders narrowed. I guess she might have been 45 before like her friend but now she appeared to be at most 25 years old. her clothes altered so they fit her perfectly but also were appropriate for her new age. The thing about it was that no one else noticed it, not even Great Aunt Montine. I was so consumed by all this that I missed them calling me for my turn and Great Aunt Montine led me to the chair.

"Are you ready for this, Gail?"

"I'm ready. Thank you."

She pierced both my ears and handed me a mirror. I admired the earrings in my ear and I was overjoyed on how they sparkled. I realized that Great Aunt Montine wanted me to see how an accessory like jewelry added to my beauty and that made me feel good and those who enjoyed my beauty were happy too. The women who cooperated to help me felt happy too. So a shopping trip was to spread happiness around.

"Do you understand now, sweetie?"

"Yes, shopping together brings happiness in cooperating to enhance beauty in each other. The things we get give us happiness when we enjoy our own beauty. It brings happiness to others who enjoy the beauty. That's like those boys who are over there staring at my boobs. I can tell they are really happy right now. Let's go before one of them works up the courage to say hello."

"My niece is growing up! You get a gold star for that answer. So let's go shopping!"

And we did! We went by the cosmetics counter in Macy's and I got a makeover and purchased my cosmetics. We lost the boys when we went to the nail salon for a Mani / Pedi. We had our hair styled at the salon. We went to the gynecologist where I got a full exam. Oh joy! The doctor fitted me for a rubber baby buggy bumper and gave me a lecture on birth control without the pills. The IUD's looked like an option but Great Aunt Montine vetoed that for now. And small world we met Allison and Ari at the desk checking Ari in for an exam as we were checking out. We had a great time buying a small but versatile teen girl wardrobe for me. And the best thing while I was happy to be gaining all of those nice things was that Great Aunt Montine introduced me around as her niece, Gail Adella Landers.

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The ear piercing scene seems most important

That Gail instinctively KNEW she had to kiss the woman with the aura to make it go away, Gail seeing the glowing other woman and the transformation of the woman Gail kissed all point to Gail being tested by Aphrodite as a future priestess/avatar. That the woman getting the ear piecing was a trans woman but was transformed into a biological woman by the aura and kiss seems strong proof Aphrodite wants Gail as her representative on Earth.

We kno0w Alex SHOULD have been born Gail if not for interference by other gods.

So how will the timeline be restored? If Gail is the true destiny and no other girls have been born in the family suggests Ares and co altered others in the womb. We know there have been a number of "accidents" where girls accidently caused their moms and themselves to die. All of these being of the line of priestesses of Aphrodite.

Curious to see where this expands on or deviates from the earlier posted later life of Alex/Gail.

Charming tale though the Great Aunt should have warned him/her. But then would Alex have accepted the offer?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Not the destination but the journey

John, thanks so much for the feedback. It was very useful.

The encounter in the added text at the start of chapter 2, might explain Great Aunt Montine's actions. She was afraid that her time had run out or would run out soon. She gave Gail the crash course in being a girl for real without real warning to beat the ticking clock.

This has been the most challenging of all of my stories, to pick up something from almost 20 years ago and try to make sense of it. I wanted to give it the expansion and extension that it deserves. On my first attempt I simply wrote another chapter at the end of the original.

I realized that with the exception of the Aphrodite and Penelope Prolog chapter, it was mostly an outline instead of a story. My next attempt was to expand the chapters following the first into a more fleshed out story. The problem was that narrative left a gaping black hole between the teen Alex and the adult Alex who returned to Denver following Montine's death.

Thus the present incarnation came into being. And so it goes. Hopefully with use of the BCTS editing facilities I'll get the rest of this story on track and be able to continue it to the end in a unified book with a prolog and epilog.

Jo Dora Webster

I have to wonder

What the ultimate price for that kiss would be?

What Price Indeed?

Hi Wendy,

I have to say that a price was never exacted upon Ari for the gift she was given. The way that Aphrodite used Gail Adella to express her power was not in the letter that Great Aunt Montine wrote in chapter 12. I have a feeling that is one of the things that I will explore in a sequel since it it an unanswered question. Thank you for coming on the journey with me.

Jo Dora Webster