Dragon Riders Part 4

Printer-friendly version
Dragon Riders


Must love dogs



By alter-ego


Synopsis:When two islands appear, it causes world wide changes as the nations unite into a global government. Welcome the Dragon Riders!

[-][+][-]


Dragon Riders
Have a Birthday Party
Must love dogs
Chapter 10

The Islands Bakery had been working overtime to get 196 cakes ready, because there were so many cakes the Mothers had decided on keeping it simple and just do one design, but even then they were rushed to finish them all. Tomorrow the Dragon Riders would all be nine years old. Their mothers would all have a private little birthday breakfast with their daughters, and give them their gifts. At noon there were to be parties at all the Embassies, cake and ice cream to be served, blow out the candles etc., Jill would be attending the party at the U.S. Embassy. That evening a State Dinner was planned with all Riders, Mothers and Ambassadors. There would be a few words said by the Academy Staff members, Doctor Sands was schedule to speak regarding news of the Base on Mars.

Today it just another normal school day, yet you could feel the excitement in the air through out the academy, riders were buzzing, tomorrow was their birthday, a whole year had passed! The last time the riders all felt this excited was the day Doctor Sands spoke to them in the pocket universe, they all just completed five and half weeks of training with their pets, and the speech from the doctor was the last time he had spoken to them just before the U.N. mission.

Jill had just finished up her Modern Dance/Ballet classes, next was Dragon training, and she was going to try something new using her gravity powers. With a single dragon in flight, she was going to wing walk, spinning like a cork screw, centrifugal force would have thrown her off but by countering that with her gravity powers she was able to remain on her pet. She found she could even walk across the dragon's back and wings. Next was a loop the loop, follow with a inside loop then and outside loop, her gravity powers keeping her locked in place aboard the dragon. Last was a good old barrel roll with a dive, she rode like a surfer riding the wave.

During the training, her bracelet beeps and the 8x8 screen pops up with her mother's face center on it. "Jill, after training could you meet me at the U.S. Embassy"? "Sure mother, is it ok to pop over with the dogs"? "I would say yes, the Secretary of the Army is there and has ask to meet with you to apologize for the Fort Irwin incident". "Has he been waiting long"? "The Ambassador says he been here all day, but did not wish to interrupt your classes". "All right mother, I'll be right over as soon as training period is over". "Thank you dear, see you then", a little finger wave and she is gone, the 8x8 screen vanishes.

"OK, one last run of the spinning cork screw, Jupiter, center stage, Comet left, Starfly right". As the dragons spin, she wing walks, across Comet, Jupiter, then Starfly, and back. She notes that her flight suit's chameleon properties work perfectly, changing from white to black, to golden and back as she cross the dragons wings. Stopping on Jupiter's back, "OK guys we are done today, lets pop over to the US Embassy , I hope that windbag's apologies is a short one".


Dragon Riders
Have a Birthday Party
Must love dogs
Chapter 11

In a blink of an eye, the three dragons are over the U.S. Embassy, as the dogs teleport to ground Jill drops to earth like a stone, feet first, then mere seconds to impact she slows to almost a full stop, then a blinding flash and there she is in her School Uniform safe on the ground. The Marine guard on duty salutes her and informs her the Ambassador and party are inside at his office waiting for her. Throwing a two little finger salute at the marine she walks off towards the entrance tossing a small reply back, "Thanks gunny".

Arriving at the office, she was told they were expecting her and to go on in. As she did, the Ambassador and the Secretary both rose to their feet. Mother remained seated waiting for Jill to come over. Moving next to her mother, she bends slightly giving her a small kiss to the cheek, mother returns it with a small air kiss and ask, "How was the training"? Oh it was great! We did a spinning cork screw, in formation, wing tip to wing tip and I walk across all three and back"!

"Greetings once more Ambassador, and Mr Secretary, I hope your wait was not to long", a slight grin played across her face as she turned her head from him just at that moment.

"Greetings and salutation to you Ms Madisome, please have a seat", the Ambassador motions to a chair next to her mother. Moving over to it she turns and sits looking at the Secretary.
"No, no, I been having a wonderful time chatting with the Ambassador and your mother, the Ambassador even gave me a tour of the island by electric car, lovely place, I'm just happy that I finally meant you in a more pleasant atmosphere and I hope you will accept my sincere apology for our first meeting".

"Apologies accepted Mr Secretary, and to show their are no hard feelings if your schedule allows it we having a little party here at the Embassy tomorrow, its my Birthday and there will be a State dinner that evening. Doctor Sands will be dropping in as well during this to update us on the Mars base".

"I love to, but I have a meeting with the Joints Chiefs tomorrow and will be flying out this evening. Thank you".

"No problem, sorry you can't make it", turning to the others, "I've got a ton of homework may I be excused"?

"Oh yes dear, I'll see you in a few for dinner". Jupiter pops in and they blink out to home.


Dragon Riders
Have a Birthday Party
Must love dogs
Chapter 12

She awakes refreshed, ready for this day, in fact eager with excitement, today is her Birthday, she and her sisters are nine years old. Because it is such an major event, the academy has canceled all classes today, declaring the day a Island holiday!.

As her feet touch the floor, her pets all pop in, each with a small package held ever so gentle in their mouths. "Jupiter, Starfly, Comet, what is this? Gifts for me from you? Did mother help with the wrapping"? A whine from them all as each one step forward and presented her with the small gift they carried. From Jupiter was a Star Diopside, "ooo Such a manly stone Jupiter, did you get this from your hord"? Another whine and a paw up over his eye, "Thank you Jupiter". Next was Starfly, her gift was a Fire Opal, "OOOh Starfly, it glows like you when the light hits it, thank you". Starfly sit up, paws in the air and barks twice. Comet, not to be out done by her brother and sister, first a bow to Jill, steps up and gentle drops the gift in hands. She then steps back and sits waiting. "Oh milady Comet I thank thee also". Opening the small gift she fines a Danburite. "OH! Comet such a beautiful stone, it looks almost like a diamond yet its so white". Dropping to her knees in front of the three dogs she gives each one a very big hug, and a big kiss, each is told how much she loves the gift and how much she loves them.

"Breakfast is ready Jill". "Be right down Mother", grabbing her robe, she quickly puts it on tieing the sash and after jumping into her slippers she rushes down stairs with her pets right on her heels, "Mother did you see the gifts Jupiter, Starfly and Comet gave me"? "Ha, yes I did young lady, I was wrapping yours when they pop in on me and each place a stone from their hord in my hand". "How about we have the jewelers make a necklace with them, it is something that could be wore anywhere. "Yes! I like that idea"!

As her mother sits her breakfast at the table, she pulls her chair out and quickly take a seat, "giggles". "Oh what so funny young lady?" "How you fixed my plate Mother". On the plate, two pieces of toast, cut corner to corner at the top right and left, below two sunny side eggs side by side, and just below them two sausage links sightly curved as if a smile. A glass of juice was next to the plate. "Just a little humor from your Mother dear, now eat up we have a long day ahead". "Yes Mother".


Dragon Riders
Birthday Party and the Final Gift.
Must love Dogs
Chapter 13

He stood there looking out at where the "Blue Box" had first appeared so many years ago, the warning of the impending attack upon his world from the silver haired old gent that called himself the "Doctor" and his help in the advancement of their own tech to battle and defeat it, and the promise they made that "Doctor" that they would do all they could to help other worlds, other dimensions with their knowledge of Time and Dimension Travel, TDT they called it, and to honor the "Doctor" every Engineer was titled Dr.

"Dr Sands? Remember you are to be on Earth Prime for the Birthday party". He turns to his assistant. "Be sure that the TDT gate is ready after the party for the first Dragon Rider to leave on her first mission". "Once they receive their final gift from us they will be on their own for a long time, their only link with their home world will be a telepathy link with their mothers. But when they return from that mission they will be far more powerful". "Yes Dr, all will be ready". With that he turn and once more look back where that Box had landed so many years ago. "Thank you Doctor, may the dragons bless you".

TBC

Dragon Riders
Birthday Party and the Final Gift.
Must love dogs
Chapter 14

up
103 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Gotta Love Dogs

terrynaut's picture

I loved the scene where the dogs gave Jill her birthday gifts. Too cute!

I like the last scene too. I'm a big Doctor Who fan.

Thanks for continuing this story. And kudos!

- Terry