I Need To Remember. Chapter 4.

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 4. Graham, now Linda has another meeting with the girl from the coffee shop and her friends.

Finding my way home was easy, I had lived there for more than fifty years after all. But when I got there I was a bit surprised by the state of the place.

I guess I must have been looking at the house with younger eyes somehow. God I had no taste, and boy did it need a lot decorating after standing empty for so long.

The rest of that day was spent busily sorting my finances and dumping all of my old clothes into a pile for giving to a charity shop, I wasn't worried which one as long as someone would come and collect it. By early evening I was beginning to feel peckish and as there was no food in the house I decided I would go into town to eat.

I caught a bus into the town centre. The bus was jammed full, standing room only. Some guy, well I think it was a guy, touched my rear and for a moment the hand tried to slip between my legs. My skin crawled at the thought of being groped by some faceless man and I tried to move through the crowned bus away from the questing hand but in such a confined space I had nowhere to go. Eventually the bus arrived at the centre of town and I got off with relief. Tomorrow I would have to look into getting a car.

I had been told by my doctor to keep off of fried foods for some years, but now I had this lovely healthy body and I wanted to sit down to a decent plate of fish and chips. I know that if I want to keep this body looking as fit and healthy as it was now I would have to be careful about what I ate, but just for now I wanted to indulge myself. There used to be a lovely fish and chip shop in the town that Maddie and I used to visit occasionally, that was where I was headed. When I got near my heart dropped, my fish and chip shop had been replaced by an estate agents. The only other place I had seen that was open was a McDonald or one of the pubs.

I have never been into one of these McDonald places so I decided to give it a try. The brightly lit interior was plastered in posters for different burgers, I found it all quite confusing.

I looked at all the pictures and decided to have a Big Mac whatever that was. Eventually I got to the front of the queue and was served. Asking for a Big Mac the girl confused me further by asking if I wanted it as a meal.

What a stupid question, I didn't want to wear it as a hat did I? I must have looked confused and the girl tried to explain the way the food was priced. I was trying to understand what she was telling me when I heard whispered in my ear.

"Did you want some potato fries and a fizzy drink with your burger?"

I turned to see my copper haired beauty from this morning standing at my shoulder.

"Uh, no, no I just wanted one of those Big Mac things."

"Just a burger please not a meal." she told the girl.

I paid for my food and waited for her to put it on a tray, why I needed a tray for just the little box she gave me I don't know.

"Do you want to join us?" She asked me and pointed to a table where another girl was sitting beside of a guy.

I was thrilled at the prospect of spending some time with this beautiful person, but what would I say, what would her friends think. I got into such a panic about being confronted with several young people, I didn't know what young people liked, didn't know what they talked about. I couldn't see them enjoying me talking about exchange rates and interest and even that would be a decade out of date.

"Um, no, I wouldn't want to intrude into your..." I gasped.

"Don't be silly," she said flashing me that incredible smile. "we were only killing time before going to the Movieshack."

"Movieshack?" I must have looked like an idiot, it had been so long since I had been to the picture house with Maddie that they had changed the name, it had been "The Capitol" in my day.

"You must be new around here if you don't know the Movieshack." This vision said to me as she steered me over to her friends.

"Um, yes, sort of, my Uncle died some years ago and I received a letter asking me to come down here to sort some stuff out." I answered blushing as I sat down.

The other people had been appraising me as I was steered to the table. I was shaking with nerves, so close to the object of my desire, unable to even think of what I would say to her.

"Well let me introduce you, this is my friend Carrie, this is my guy Mark and I'm afraid my name is Wishes." Her beautifully pale face flushed as she said the last name.

I paused just a second before answering her.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you all. I'm Linda, Linda Pearce. I'm sort of new to Wadebridge."

I had been dying to comment on her name but figured she probably got that every day of her life and could do without it. I did get a raised eyebrow and a small smile from her for my trouble. How the hell could a parent saddle a child with a name like that. Could someone really not think of the problems that it would cause the child in the school yard.

I then had to shake hands all around.

"So how come you don't know how to order a Mac?" Mark asked me grinning. "I didn't think it was legally allowed for anyone to grow up without visiting one of these dumps."

"I've always been a bit of a health food freak." I lied. "So I never been in one of these places before."

"But I was busy all day cleaning out my Uncles old stuff and forgot to go shopping. I was starving."

I took a bite out of my burger before continuing.

"But I have to say, it does taste, um taste, taste bad actually."

That sort of broke the ice, everybody laughed and we chatted amiably for half an hour before Mark said they had to make a move. As we were picking up coats and dumping trays Carrie caught hold of my arm and whispered to me.

"Don't bother dear, she's straight as a die. I know I've tried several times. But any time you want some fun here's my number." I felt something being pushed into my hand.

"Sorry, I don't understand." I whispered back.

"Wishes, she's not into girls. I could see you staring and so could Mark."

"Oh god." I groaned.

With a last wave they were gone and I dejectedly walked home alone.

Later that night I was lying in my bed, restless and lonely. I had swapped old and lonely for young and lonely. It did occur to me that I could ring Carrie and take her up on her offer. I tried to remember what she looked like, but the only image that came to mind was of the glorious copper haired Wishes. I felt a soft tingling sensation down below and crept my hand under the elastic waistband of my pyjamas. As my fingers slid through my soft brown curls they encountered a damp slit. It was unlike Maddie's as it seemed to flare out slightly and was more open, Maddie's slit had folded inwards tightly.

I ran my fingers down this slit and was hit by a sudden painfully wonderful sensation as I grazed over a point just below the top of my slit. I didn't know what it was but it felt incredible. I ran my fingers over it again and again, now that I was expecting it there was just an incredible feeling that seemed to spread outwards to every part of my body. I felt the dampness lower down and ran my finger down into the sticky warm juice that seemed to be pouring out of me before returning to that fantastic spot.

I kept stroking myself faster and faster thinking of Wishes all the time. The sensations were getting more and more intense as I kept going faster.

Suddenly I was finding it hard to catch my breath. I was gasping out Wishes name as my whole being was flooded with the most intense pleasure radiating out from that tiny spot and coursing through me. I was vaguely aware that my hand had got soaked by something. I knew I hadn't peed myself and I couldn't understand how it got so wet. After all I didn't have my male organ to dispense its thick seed, and anyway this was thinner, and I could smell it's intoxicating musk.

Eventually my breathing returned to normal and I stopped stroking myself. I was overcome with curiosity as to what had come out of my body and raised my hand to my face. I couldn't see anything in the darkness but I could smell the rich scent of my sex near my nose. It was a sweet musky smell that somehow excited my senses all over again. I couldn't resist it and had to touch my fingers to my tongue. God I tasted good, I hungrily cleaned off my hand and reached down for more. As I licked off my hand again I was struck by a smaller series of tremors. Nothing as intense as last time but still feeling lovely.

I think I must have been asleep within five minutes.

up
141 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Strikes me as curious one of the first people he as a new woman

meet is names "Wishes"?

Remember a wish changed him into this young woman supposedly HIS brother's late in life daughter.

Was Carrie correct that Wishes was "straight" or is Wishes waiting for the right person IE Linda?

And what if Wishes is the spirit/reincarnation of his late wife?

They loved each other but due to inexperience and a lack of advice their love life was a disaster and thus no kids. And kids was something both wanted to have.

The Disney Happy EndingTM addict in me hopes Wishes is his wife re-incarnated and somehow they now have a happy sex life and perhaps children?

IE why was she the first person she met? Or will she introduce her to her true love... I hope it is the late wife but as a guy. If he can be reincarnated 30 years after his death why not her 3o plus years after hers.

They did remain best and close friends despite the loss of intimacy.

Not a clue to be honest but nice start. A BIG Q is why was his wish/wishes granted? Who or what interceded for this to happen?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Wishes...

…plural. Presumably there are more of them to come, then -- though as our protagonist said, the original one, to alleviate Graham's loneliness, hasn't been fulfilled so far, at least not until he and Wishes pair off.

We know from the opening of Chapter 1 that eventually Graham's memories are going to fade and someone else's, presumably Linda's, will take over. FWIW, we also know from the letter in Linda's hotel room that she'd been living with (and in a relationship with) someone named Peter, which strongly suggests that Linda was heterosexual.

Why did the instigator here decide to leave the house (and, in effect, Graham) in limbo for eleven years? Doing so required Graham's niece to be born two years after Mark's actual death, and for Graham to have created a trust to age 25 rather than, say, age 18 or 21. There ought to be some reason, very likely related more to Wishes' (or whoever's in charge) needs than Graham's. Is that one reason why Graham is going to be resisting the memory adjustment by the time the story starts?

Are there worldline changes of greater significance than the ones we know about so far? I wondered briefly if Mark's survival past 1979 and improved health meant that World War II hadn't happened. Seems unlikely, though.

Another alternative, since stories like this one leave so many ways to turn: is the backstory for Linda's existence still a work in progress? Is that why she doesn't have her own memories yet? Doesn't seem quite right.

Anyway, we'll see how things progress.

Eric

Crash education needed

Jamie Lee's picture

Linda needs a crash course not only of life, but of Mickey D's, and about her own body, since Graham was totally clueless about women's bodies.

So why did Graham become Linda if she's going to be lonely again? Could it be she has yet to meet her soul mate? And as soon as she gets her feet under her, they'll meet?

Others have feelings too.