Beauty and the Vial: Tested -05-

Printer-friendly version

Beauty and the Vial: Tested

Chapter Five: Gerald and Gail

By Jo Dora Webster

Will Gail, with the sorority's help, find the joy in enjoying the company of boys?

Chapter 5 ~ Gerald and Gail

 

I was in and for the next month I learned so much about teen aged girls. I knew that I had overcome my shyness in being around these beautiful girls. Being able to mingle with them as one of them,

I discovered that in a great many respects they were no different than I as a boy had been. They just had a few different experiences and the effects of those made the real differences.

My Great Aunt Montine helped me socialize with them by providing me with a prefilled debit card that I could use for purchases. When the girls wanted to go out and socialize, I was always financially able to go along.

I had to show restraint on shopping trips but I was able to slowly add to my wardrobe. It was a welcome interruption from my pause to think all curled up on my bed when the phone rang with Jennifer on the other end.

"Hello Jennifer!"

"Hi Gail. I'm so glad to have caught you at home. A bunch of girls are going to meet up at Olive Garden at 6 pm to start an evening out. I can give you a ride there and back. We'll be home by midnight. Will you be able to come?"

"I'll go ask my Aunt Montine if you can hold the line a moment and give you an answer"

"Sure, Gail, go ask her and I'll wait for the answer."

"Be right back!"

Instead of yelling out for her like I had heard some teen girls do, I went downstairs to find her. She was in the kitchen preparing something yummy.

"Aunt Montine, the girls in the sorority are going out tonight. We're going to start at Olive Garden at 6 pm and Jennifer is going to give me a ride and promises we'll be home by midnight. May I go out with them?"

"Of course, Gail. I'm glad that you can go out and have fun with the other girls in the neighborhood. Just remember what I've taught you and you'll be fine. Go with my blessing and have fun, sweetie."

"Thanks so much Aunt Montine. I'll be good and have fun!!"

I gave Great Aunt Montine a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I rushed upstairs to tell Jennifer the good news.

"Jennifer, she said that I can go. I'm so excited! What kind of clothes will the other girls be wearing?"

"Sexy casual as opposed to frumpy casual. Not quite date sexy but we will be going somewhere where we might be asked to dance. You know something to pick up guys in without looking like a tart or a trollop."

"I have just the outfit, Jennifer. Thanks so much for inviting me. When will you be by to pick me up. Let's say 5 pm just in case since this is your first time going out with us. That way if we need to make any adjustments you'll have time to change before we really have to leave to get there."

"I'll be ready at 5 pm. Thanks so much for looking out for me Jennifer. bye bye."

"That's what older sisters are for: To look out for their little sis. Laters! Bye!"

The butterflies began. I could not see how I could cope with the new experience except that my sisters would be there to help me. I kinda hoped to have more time hanging out with the girls before we started in on mixing with boys.

.Of course this group date was going to be the easiest way of easing into dating. I was glad that I would not be stuck with a particular boy. I tried not to dwell on that.

Turning to my selection of an outfit, I knew that I could not avoid a skirt and heels but I thought I would get away with a blue jersey shirt dress that had a high neckline and hemline below my knees with blue pumps with square one inch heels.

Big mistake on my part as I was to find out when I met Jennifer at the front door. Unlike my loose fitting and covered up look, She was tight and showing. Oops!

"Gail I am going to save you from the fashion disaster that you were about to experience. Let's go up to your room and help your fashion sense a bit."

We both made it up to my room and Jennifer began looking in my closet and drawers. She showed signs of approval of her discoveries which I wasn't too sure what that meant for me.

"Okay, Gail. Take everything off down to your underwear. I'll check your closet and drawers to see if I can pull together and outfit for you more like mine. What I'm seeing here already has potential"

With my clothes removed I stood before her in my plain white panties and bra. When she saw me I saw her frowning and wondered what was next.

"O Gail, you are a beautiful girl! Why don't you have yourself on something nice. You'll see. Wearing something nice underneath is important even when no one but you sees them. Get out of those and I'll find you something special to wear."

She found the sexy bra and panty set from Vicky Secret. The girls had made me buy the set along with a garter and stockings. She handed it to me to put on which fortunately I had no trouble doing with her there with me.

"Now this outfit was more what I had in mind that I have laid out for you. Go ahead and put it on, Gail"

She had laid out a micro mini denim skirt and a very low cut sleeveless blouse that shimmered in the light and fit me so close I couldn't tell where it ended and I began. To finish it off she picked out some 3 inch stiletto heeled pumps.

"You look hot, girl! Your makeup is okay for now. I'll help you turn it into an evening look after dinner."

"I agree that I'm hot! Too hot for Aunt Montine to let me out of the house. She'll make me change."

"I've got a solution for that. Let's slip back on that shirt dress and heels that you were wearing before over your present outfit. I can help you off with it once we are out of the house. We'll just put your stilettos in this tote bag that I found."

"With my hair brushed back into place, it looks like I'm ready to go, Jennifer."

"You can carry your normal purse for now. I'm slipping in the clutch that matches your stilettos in your tote bag. You're ready. Let's go, girl!"

I managed to make it down stairs again fine but I would be glad to get the extra layer off. We met Aunt Montine since she appeared to be waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs.

" I see you girls are ready to go. Have fun!"

If Aunt Montine knew what Jennifer had done to me, she didn't let on. I was relieved to be out in the car and away. Jennifer had me take off the dress and replace the stiletto heels on the way to Olive Garden.

"Now that wasn't bad was it?"

"Thanks for your help, Jennifer."

"At least you got the cover up right. It's like you never have been on a group date before. Most of our social events start out as group dates by necessity since there are no boys in our community and we have to go outside the community to interact with them. You'll see that it will be fine. "

"That's what I want too. I guess that I've been letting my nervousness get the better of me. If you see me making any rookie mistakes that I should know better about, please remind me. I'd rather deal with being reminded than the consequences of doing something stupid."

"You are a natural! Our sorority has a reputation to uphold and, as our newest initiate, we want you to reflect well on us. Learn not to be shy but assertive and enjoy the company of boys without taking any disrespect from them. You'll fit right in with the rest of us before you know it. "

"I'm so glad you all want me to be with you. I won't let you all down."

"That's the spirit! Okay we're here. You can slip the clutch into your purse for now and bring that inside. Once we have you made up for the evening, you'll be able to transfer the minimum to the clutch and carry that on our group date."

I swiveled and landed on my stilettos and got out of the car following Jennifer inside. the first thing that I noticed was Jane who was working as a waitress there from the look at her outfit. Jane greeted us at the door with a smile.

"Can I borrow Gail for a while, Jennifer? Jessica is already here and I can take you to the table that the sorority has reserved."

"Of course, Jane. You are looking good. They treating you well here?"

"The best! I decided I needed to update my resume photo after I blossomed and got hired on the spot. Everyone's been so nice. I get off at 6 pm so I'll change and go out with you all this evening."

"That's wonderful, Jane!"

Jane and I dropped off Jennifer at the table and she led me through an 'employees' door into a break room. Both she and I sat down, and I guessed what she wanted to talk to me about.

"There are 2 things that I'd like to talk to you about. One is about that kiss and what came after that happened to me me. I was just in awe about what happened that I got a bit hung up in myself. I wanted to say thank you."

"Thank the Goddess!"

"We are very blessed."

"No, I mean that you should thank the Goddess. I'm not sure which one since she has not revealed that to me but I am only her factor."

"Do you mean that in the medieval sense, like a business agent, not the source but only the conduit? How does that work?"

"Got it the first time! Yours was only the second time for me to witness her blessing and the first time it happened the same way. Out of the blue I saw an aura of power around you and a compulsion to kiss you. I resisted the first time but found that I was unable to do anything else till I gave in to the command. But she chose you and gave you the blessing, I'm only her factor."

"I will thank the Goddess for her goodness and thank you for serving her, Gail. Well the gift was welcome what ever the source but even more amazing now. That leads me to the second more mundane reason for talking to you."

"What is that?"

"We need someone to fill in on the 11 am to 2 pm shift for week day lunch for two weeks. After that the girl who was doing it can resume. The other girls who want a job already have one and it's difficult to fill a job like this.

"That sounds like a good chance for a short term job, Gail"

The Manager found out about it today. I could give you a ride here in the morning and all you'd need was a ride home at your shift end. If you'll let me bring you to the manager and recommend you, I believe you'll get the job. Would you like to try?"

"I believe this would be a good experience for me plus allow me to pay for some of my own expenses. Yes I'd like to apply. How do I proceed?"

"I'll get you an application form to fill out and show you where the manager Mr Gus Roper's office is located. Once you fill out the application, knock on the manager's door and wait for him to tell you to enter. Give him the application and he will interview you for the job."

"Thank you Jane for thinking of me for this. Do you have to go off break now?"

"Yes for me to leave at my normal time and be able to go with you all tonight. See you later Gail, and good luck!"

I took a pen out of my purse along with my cell phone and opened up my address book. Jane returned with the form and left it for me and she departed with a smile and I smiled back at her. First thing I did was to call Great Aunt Montine to make sure it was alright. She gave me her blessing and promised to pick me up at shift's end.

Then, I began to complete the form with the aid of my address book. Soon it was done and I took it to Mr Roper's office and knocked on his door. He asked me to come in and I placed the application on his desk and took a seat in front of him. He scanned the application for a moment then looked up and smiled at me.

"Hello, I'm Gus Roper, manager of this Olive Garden. I'm glad to meet you, Gail. Your timing is excellent as we are in need of someone to fill in at lunch till the lady who was filling that position is able to come back to work. I see this will be your first job. Why do you feel that you can handle the duties we'll ask of you?"

"You will note that I indicated some volunteer experience that I felt was applicable with the SCA. Let me tell you about that. The SCA is a volunteer oriented educational group focusing on Medieval times."

"Is the SCA something like the renaissance faires we see from time to time?"

"Unlike fantasy groups like the renaissance faires we specialize in a realistic recreation avoiding the harmful. In our weekend events, which my parents take me to attend, We do a big 6 course feast on Saturday evening. I volunteered as a server at those events which in modern terms was a banquet for 120 people."

"How does that experience relate to being a server in a modern setting?"

"Our role in the recreation was to be as attentive in our service as one would expect from the period. Behind the scenes there were used a 21st century kitchen to prepare those Medieval delights. I'm used to serving in the restrictions of a costume, so the uniform here would be pleasant to work in."

"How do you feel about working as a server in this environment?"

"I count it a joy to bring happiness to people by attentive service to them of food they will enjoy. I'd like the chance to be able to bring some of that joy here as I serve within the atmosphere of this wonderful restaurant."

I neglected to tell him that those times serving was as a boy but with the flowing garments that were the garb there, it might as well have been a dress with tights. He questioned me at some length before I saw the light in his eyes that told me that he had made up his mind and I was going to be offered the job."

"Miss Landers, I feel that you will make a delightful addition to our staff. I'm offering you the job. It's going to be three weeks weekdays between 11 am and 2 pm for minimum wage plus tips. Do you accept?"

"Yes, Sir. I accept. When may I start?

"Tomorrow and for that day only I'll want you in at 10 am for paperwork and orientation. I'll bring your friend Jane in to help with your orientation at 10 am. Please see Jane before you leave to pick up your uniform. Please tell her to see me. I'll have your name badge and everything else you'll need in your welcome packet. Welcome to the team, Gail. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thank you Mr Roper. See you tomorrow."

I got up from my chair and left. Once the door closed behind me I let out a quiet "Woo hoo!" When I left the office area, I saw Jane coming out of the kitchen. I came over to her.

"Jane, i got the job! Mr Roper would like to see you in his office. He'd like for you to help with my orientation and get me set up with some uniforms before I leave."

"That's wonderful, Gail. Congrats! I'll go see him now. You know where the girls are and I'll get you from there when I'm ready to set you up with your uniforms."

"Thanks, Jane. See ya!"

I walked over and joined the other girls at the table. Of course Jennifer and Jessica were there. But also Stephanie, Rebecca, Kristi, and Amy. I was surprised to see Pam but I should not have when I noticed the sorority's Stretch van outside.

Pam was the house mother for the sorority and she was the only one allowed to drive the sorority's van. I should have realized that for an outing like this one that we'd all be going in the Van. I waved to them all and took a seat.

Jennifer asked,"What took you so long, Gail? What did Jane want?"

"I applied for a temporary job as a waitress here and I got it! I'll have some money of my own to use for shopping!"

"Good for you, when is Jane going to be through? While I want to wait on her, I'm starving."

"Soon, I feel like her shift time is over but the Manager is going to ask her about coming in early to train me tomorrow and to get me some uniforms. After that she'll be free. I owe Jane for letting me know about the job."

"Jane is alright and since she blossomed she is such a looker. The boys won't know what hit them when she shows up in school this fall."

Jane appeared just then and motioned for me to get up and follow her. So I got up and followed her.

"The Manager got us set up both up for an hour early tomorrow. We're going to find out what size you are and set you up with your uniforms."

"Great! Lead the way!"

Jane determined my sizes and pulled from supplies three uniforms for me. She also provided me a brochure with the other specifications for how I should look for the job.

"The first day wearing just flats were okay but you'll be expected to have footwear after that which complied with the dress code."

When we were finished, Jane was able to clock out and then she went to get changed into what she would wear to go with us this evening..

I took my new uniforms and went by the table to get Jennifer's keys to put them in the car. It was fortunate that they were giving their food orders so I gave mine too.

Jennifer gave me her keys and I went out to the car to leave my uniforms. Once I had returned, and gave Jennifer back her keys, I saw that Jane was approaching the table too.

We all were gathered at the table with Jane and I joining them so the festivities for the night could begin. The conversation as we ate was pleasant but unremarkable until Jane rung her glass with her spoon and got all of out attention.

"Sisters, we are gathered together to have a good time, but our number is not complete and our dear initiate, Gail Landers has only one more thing to do in order to make it so."

"Hear, hear!"

"By the power vested in me by the sorority, I must declare to you, dear Gail, your final task before you can become a full sister. You have shown yourself worthy by the way you learned body awareness and pride in your self. Now it is up to you to prove that you have it in you to interact successfully with those who are not sisters in any sense of the word, that is men."

The sisters cheered and clapped for me. In their faces was evidence of the amusement to come which they knew but I did not. I turned my full attention to Jane as she continued to speak to me.

"Your task tonight is to pick out a man who by your charm and wiles you will convince to swap underwear with you. How you do it is up to you but he must also be willing to let one of your sisters confirm that he has done so. In addition you must let your sisters confirm that you too have complied with the test. Let me say that no sexual favors are required to be exchanged to meet the requirements of this test. If you understand the test and its conditions, Gail, explain it to me in your own words?"

"I understand that tonight while we are out, I am to choose a man and by what means I deem necessary, I am to exchange underwear with him. In order to do this I am not required to have any sexual relations with him. Once complete in order to comply with the task both the man of my choosing and myself must have the underwear we are wearing be verified by one of the sisters present."

"Correct. Gail, do you accept this test?"

"I freely do and look forward to joining you all as a full member of the sorority."

~ ~ { { - O - } } ~ ~

I enjoyed a wonderful dinner as I composed in my mind how I would select the man I would focus on and also what methods that I would employ to gain his cooperation. After dinner we all loaded up in a bus and went across town to a teen dance club provided by a church in the area.

For a church ministry, it was very progressive in that the music was very current and none of it in the christian genre. They did all they could to make it the opposite of what you would expect from a church place. It was safe with no alcohol or drugs and the extremes of violence and sexuality were missing. It was just what any responsible civic group would do if they opened a teen club.

The presence of the teen club and the draw of the pool at the house, made me wonder what Great Aunt Montine's real purpose in giving me the choice to be a girl. She led me to believe that I would have no way to interact with anyone my age unless I was a girl which was plainly false. I was so worried what the men of the family might say if they saw me like this. Family was everything to me and I had no wish to be cast out of mine. I would give Great Aunt Montine the benefit of the doubt for now.

I had freely chosen but I did not have all the facts. I would wait to confront my Great Aunt Montine with this for now. It was up to me to get to the matter at hand in performing the initiation for now. Jennifer was by my side coaching me on what to expect.

"Gail, look at this crowd! You see that most of us are 16, 17 or 18 like you and I are. There are a few college aged like Jane who are here with younger friends and of course the adults who are watching over things to keep it safe."

"There are a few early teens here too. Jennifer, maybe some boys like that would be easier for me to get to know."

"Look at that boy over there. He looks so out of water. Not many of the 13 year old boys venture in to a place like this yet. They prefer to stay at the top of the Tween food chain instead of swimming with the teens. There are a lot of boys around. You should mingle and get to know a few of them."

"That sounds like a plan, Jennifer. Wish me luck!"

"Good luck, Sis!"

Now I was out on my own. I could not really argue with Jennifer pegging me as a 17 year old girl. That's what my ID papers said I was in my current name. The transformation had aged me. I was thinking with a 17 year old girl's brain so I had the gender expression and maturity that went with that brain.

I was 17 due to the magic that Great Aunt Montine gifted to me. But I had the memories of a 13 year old boy as well so I could understand that 13 year old boy much better than any of the older boys there. I reasoned that it was worth while getting to know him. I wanted to make this night something he would always remember fondly. I walked over to him, where he appeared to be holding up the wall, and held out my hand to him.

"Hi, I'm Gail Landers, I'm new here to this club and I would guess that you are new here, too."

He accepted my hand and shook it and looked into my eyes instead of towards my chest as he did it. Points to him for that! From what I could read on his face and body language he was feeling a mixture of terror not knowing what to do. Also there was awe that I had selected him to talk to. Of course he was getting a bit turned on but he surprised me with being able to temper his enthusiasm in favor of just getting to know me.

"Hi, my name is Gerald. You're right that this is my first time here. I came with my big brother. I'm glad to meet you Gail."

"I'm very glad to meat you, Gerald. I feel like we could help each other. We both want to make a good impression on our peers here. What I would be willing to do for you is to be your girl for the night. We could have every dance you wish together and I'll let you kiss me all that you want. Any more than that would not be believable anyway and we want your peers to believe we are together."

"Why me?"

"I knew a boy like you who was good to me. Also you've been talking to my face instead of my tits. I feel like I can trust you to enjoy our time together without taking advantage of me. You have more to gain from making this more about showing that you can treat a lady right so that girls your age will start noticing you than trying to use this to keep me."

"Why would they believe I would let a great girl like you go?"

"What I'm going to ask you to do at the end of the evening will be a good excuse for you to part with me. It will help me with my initiation with the sorority I want to join."

"What do I have to do for your initiation and for my part in our deal?"

"You have to trade underwear with me then show one of my sorority sisters that you are wearing them. I'll get her, you and I in a private area. We can wait till near the end of the night for the switch so you can slip out with your brother before anyone notices. You can tell them that I was too kinky for you."

"Okay, I'll do it. It's not my thing but I can stand it to spend an evening with you. I wish we were the same age but you are right it would never work for us to be together. What are you? 17?"

"You are a good guesser and an excellent sport. I'll find a place where we can trade in private and bring in a sorority sister to verify that we've done their little stunt and it will be over. Till then let's just enjoy each other and pretend we are the same age."

"I can do that. I'm a very lucky guy. Shall we dance?"

Gerald led me to the dance floor where I found out that he was a very good dancer. It was too bad that I wasn't 13 at the moment and that I had agreed to the sorority's stunt. But the best I could do for Gerald was to put all that out of my mind and make this the best evening Gerald had ever had.

It was working as I observed the girls around, a lot of them gave me nasty looks and were jealous of me in Gerald's arms. Hopefully they would all be trying for Gerald's attention when this was over.

~ ~ { { - O - } } ~ ~

"Would you like to take a rest, Gail? Would you like something to drink?"

"Both, thanks. May I have a diet cola?" I'd like to go to the Ladies room.

"Of course. I'll be right back."

Gerald was being a perfect gentleman and I found out he was a great kisser too. On my trip to the restroom, I found that they had thought of everything and had a family restroom. Evidently they used this place for non teen occasions too.

It was open and it could be locked from the inside. Just the place to trade and then get some one, hopefully Jane to verify it. while I felt I could trust any of my sisters, I felt like Jane being older and my BFF would keep it on the lowdown. As luck would have it, Jane was within sight when I left the room. I motioned her over and I leaned in to whisper to her.

"Jane I'm going to bring a boy over to the family rest room to trade underwear with me. If you could give us 15 minutes then do a 'shave and a haircut two bits' knock leaving off the last knock. I'll let you in and you can verify that we have complied."

"I will do that for you girl friend. Good luck."

I smiled at her and I returned to where Gerald was expecting me. He approached with a smile and 2 drinks in his hands and he offered me one. I accepted the drink that he offered to me then leaned in to whisper to him.

"It's time, Gerald. Still want to go through with this?"

"I do. My brother is waiting for me in the car so we can get out of here quickly. Let's do this."

"Thanks! Okay follow me."

I led Gerald past Jane who was pointing to her watch as we passed. We entered the restroom and I locked the door behind us. Now was when I would find out just what kind of deal that I had made. There was an enclosed stall around the toilet and a table to let down to change a baby and of course a wash basin with soap and paper towels."

"You may have the stall, Gail. Just put your things over the top and I'll trade your underwear with mine. I'll open the table to put my things on while I change out here. Any suggestion on how I should wear your bra?"

"Thanks Gerald! Just put it on with the straps up and the cups around back and the catch around front around your waist. Then turn it around so the cups are in front then slide it up your chest enough so you can get your hands through the straps. Pull the straps in place and then adjust it so the cups are over your nipples. Got that?"

"Yeah, thanks."

I ducked into the stall and closed the door. I was busy getting undressed and draping the clothes over the top of the stall. I was fortunate that I wore real stockings and garters since they counted as a foot covering and not underwear.

The bra was very lacy but had no under-wire or shape in itself. On Gerald it would be like a training bra and actually make his pecs seem smaller.

I placed the bra on the top of the stall wall and it was taken and in its place was a A line t-shirt. I put on the T shirt and then pulled off my panties and hung them on the top of the stall. They disappeared and in their place was a pair of boxers.

I took the boxers and put them on. I didn't stop to dwell on the fact that I was wearing boy's underwear again and just replaced my dress which fortunately did not need a slip. I was ready so I called out to Gerald.

"Are you decent?"

"Yeah, I'm decent. You can come on out. This really feels weird to me!"

I came out and saw Gerald and his face looked troubled but unless you knew what to look for, no one would notice. That is none of the guys would notice but girls would. I was relatively incognito but the girls in the sorority would notice since they would know what to look for. Just then the shave and a hair cut knock without the last bit occurred and I unlocked the door and it was Jane.

"Good timing Jane. We just finished. This is Gerald. He's willing to show you that we traded underwear."

"Gerald if you will pull down your pants and unbutton your shirt, that's all I'll need from you."

Gerald complied and Jane saw him wearing my panties and underwear. Jane nodded and indicated he could get dressed. Gerald dressed and looked at Jane for further instructions.

"That's all I need from you, Gerald. Thanks for being a good sport about this. I saw your brother waiting for you near the door so you can make your getaway. I'll check Gail after you leave."

"Thanks Gerald. Here's something to remember me by!"

I leaned in and gave Gerald a good night kiss. We both enjoyed it and we broke the embrace. Gerald grinned at me and waived goodbye. He tore off thru the door and I imagine that he made it out and into the car before many saw him. Jane locked the door and then turned to me."

"Now, its your turn. I'll help you lift your dress so I can see."

We worked together to lift my dress over my head and Jane was able to see me wearing Gerald's underwear. She nodded to me and we lowered it back down over my head. I went to the mirror and got my hair and makeup fixed then I turned to Jane questioningly"

"You passed the test, Gail. You are in! I'll tell the other girls on the van going home. Now get out there girl and enjoy it. You've earned the right to let your hair down and have fun."

We hugged and then I got my clutch and we went back out into the club. Just as Jane suggested, I enjoyed myself. I could not help some of the things that were going thru the rumor mill among the ladies not in the sorority but I hoped that I had given Gerald the boost in getting a date that I hoped and promised.

Finally it was time that we all had to leave at 11 pm so we loaded up in the van and went back to the restaurant. On the way as promised, Jane announced that I had passed the test and that I was eligible to be inducted into the sorority. Finally Jennifer and I were in her car and I was on the way back to Great Aunt Montine's house. when we pulled up and stopped Jennifer gave me a hug.

"I am so proud of you, Little sister. We'll make plans soon for you to be inducted into the sorority."

"Thanks Jennifer! I won't let you down. Good night "

I know, Gail! Good night."

As I came through the door, Great Aunt Montine was there to smile at me. I smiled back and joined her in sitting in the living room with my purse and the bag containing my uniforms beside me.

My mood was not one of excitement over just taken another step across the threshold of girlhood but one of mourning as though I was losing more and more of myself. Great Aunt Montine saw the look on my face and questioned me about it.

"Sweetie, what's wrong? Did someone hurt you? Didn't you pass their last test for being inducted into the sorority?"

"I'm happy that I passed the test but there seems to be something wrong with me. I just can't get into boys like they would like me to do. I managed to pass the test without seducing a man. In fact the boy that I got to help me isn't that different from me, the real me, as Alex. This has been so exhausting and you know that I have that new job to start tomorrow too."

"What else is wrong?"

"Guess I'll just come right out and say it. I have realized that even though this body has no issue with kissing a boy and so much more, I 'm not sure myself. Not that I feel lesbian, cause for now I'm not attracted to girls at all. It's all so confusing."

"Sweetie, I'm sure that nothing is wrong with you. You've had a lot of life packed into these two weeks since you arrived. There was all of that getting used to being a girl. Then doing your best to fit in with the other girls to impress them so they would accept you as one of them. But look how that has turned out."

"Guess you are right about that,"

"You have great friends in Jane and Jennifer and all of the girls think you are adorable. You have a new job so you can make money to spend. You have taken your first steps with a boy. You don't have to let the first boy you meet be your boyfriend. If you are patient you'll meet someone who can be a real boyfriend to you and you can be a girlfriend to him. If you don't over think things and let nature take it's course all will be well."

"Aunt Montine, couldn't you have taken me to the teen club and attend the pool party as Alex? I know that I would have missed out on finding out about girls that way. I could have avoided spending the summer alone without all this. I'm looking forward to being Alex again after this is over."

"Gail, I don't feel you are saying what you really feel. You're overwhelmed. You've had an emotionally exhausting day. I'm sorry if you feel a bit caught in between what was and what you could be. Let me think about that to see if there is any way to free yourself up to totally enjoy yourself. But for now I have something for you to help you be fully rested and a new you in the morning. Can you do that for me, Sweetie?"

"Sure Aunt Montine. You can give it to me. I'll need to be at my very best, tomorrow."

"Just close your eyes and stick out your tongue, trying to touch your nose with it. This has to be administered sublingually for it to work. Good Girl!"

I felt a drop under my tongue and everything felt tingly for a moment and a calmness came over me. I couldn't remember what was so urgent about telling Great Aunt Montine that I felt I was losing myself as I intended to do but had not yet. I could not suppress a big yawn but I demurely hid it behind my hand.

"I feel better, but I had best get myself to bed before you have to make one for me on the couch. Good night Aunt Montine!"

"Good night, Gail. Sweet Dreams!"

I walked gingerly up the stairs carrying my purse and my new uniforms. As I was getting ready for bed, I felt like I had no choice but ride this out until I turned back. I'd shared with Jane how that I knew that the goddess could help others through me. Even that miracle frightened me, for my lack of control.

It seemed to me that if given a chance to extend my girl time more, I would politely refuse. Really. that was only how I felt right now. Tomorrow was another day. A big day! I finished getting ready for bed so I could curl up and lose myself in sleep for now.

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Let's hope

Things do turn out for the best.

Each according to their gifts

Hi Wendy,

Poor Gail! She is so worried about being completely disowned by her parents as opposed to just being ignored. Gail's solution is to return to male gender expression while Great Aunt Montine has another idea entirely. Like everyone, Gail will respond like anyone else, according to her gifts. Thank you for coming on this journey with me.

Jo Dora Webster