The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth.

Printer-friendly version

THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH.
(Sequel to WINNER TAKES ALL. )
By Way Zim.

What Came Before;

In the early years of both a new century, and new millennium, the people of Earth discovered they were not alone.

Planet-bound observers spotted what they thought to be a rogue asteroid entering the Solar System near to Jupiter orbit, an assumption soon enough disproved as the object made a series of deliberate corrections to it’s already eccentric trajectory. And as both the global scientific community and the military began to speculate about intelligent control, a strong signal from the strange visitor broke into the Earth’s communications net with an image and a message!

When a challenge was issued by the Norwin, a warrior race whose leader, Jondar, resembled nothing less than the Norsemen of old, Earth had to respond by sending an aggressively masculine team of emissaries to negotiate a possible treaty with this paternally dominated race.

But once the two cultures met, things went terribly wrong. The miscalculation of size between the colossal Norwins and the much smaller Earth-men, the Test of Prowess which consisted of a simple wrestling match, The transformation of the losing Earth representative under a process known as The Change to a more pleasing shape...

His authority lost, along with his outer male form, Colonel Aaron Christopher soon found him/herself rebuked by Friend and Foe alike, stripped of rank and respect as his second, Kamal Bashir, instigated a series of humiliations which culminated in the former leader’s submission to her crew’s carnal desires!

Back on Earth, the news of The Change, as well as the Imminent Invasion by Jondars’ race, was ineptly kept under absolute secrecy by General Warren and his aide, Captain Trish Stevenson. But a curious reporter pricked the conscience of the Captain, now the reluctant guardian of the feminized Colonel Christopher, resulting in a blow up of global proportions, only a few days before the Norwin were expected to arrive.

But even the sociopolitical firestorm which swept across the planet was soon dwarfed by the Invasion itself. The Norwin first crippled the tech dependent military with a sophisticated EMP weapon and then spread The Change before them like some hideous gaseous pink carpet!

American President Thomas Bradley proved his own ineptitude as the Invasion rapidly changed the conquered Nations men into simpering fem-males, neutered and outwardly altered to better serve their lecherous alien masters. But with a disastrous plan of placation in the works, General Warren made a deal with the devil, the Machiavellian Mistress of the White House, First Lady Madeline Bradley, hoping to save the remaining males before the final Norwin solution of sexy sterilization was completed!

But as both the General and the President fell in dramatically different ways, before a rock and a hard place, Captain Stevenson discovered the beginnings of a plot by Madeline to both save the Nation and serve her own corrupt ambitions.

As Washington DC was brought down before the Norwin advance, the First Lady and newly promoted Colonel Stevenson ordered the fallback of the survivors to sanctuaries from where they hoped eventually to throw the Norwin off the planet for good!

Occupation;

She stood at the edge of the ridge, staring through her field glasses at the Norwin occupied town from the heights of some three thousand feet. While the rocky overhang provided some cover from the tiny crescent patrol ships, single man craft much smaller than the great horned mother ship or the flat iron bottomed Dusters, still the human pulled back each time a shadow flitted past her dubious hiding place.

Colonel Stevenson had been watching the Kentucky town almost every free moment since the enemy had taken it some four months ago. She was simultaneously amused and embarrassed that Madeline had chosen for their sanctuary, the one place which would become a hot spot for Norwin activity only a week after the human colony had moved into their new home!

But for the time being the four to five families, mostly civilian White House Staffers, some with already feminized men in tow, were safe from the prying eyes of the scouts, living within this old system of mines which honeycombed the rocky ridge behind her.

The shelter had been hastily enlarged by the army engineers, filled with an ample cache of supplies, enough to last for some time if supplemented with periodic raids of the valley below. Of course the circumstances under which volunteers would readily scavenge for these necessities had not included sneaking through a major Norwin presence.

Trish sighed heavily, her early morning vigil finished as the danger of discovery by the enemy increased with the rising sun. Besides, she didn't like to leave Aaron alone too long with Madeline and her playmate/puppet, the late President Tommie Bradley.

Pushing through the dense undergrowth, the soldier cautiously made her ascent toward the hidden entrance to the caves, some two hundred feet up the steep shale cluttered animal track. While the cover from trees and other flora had been excellent, still she was suspicious of the ease with which the colony had evaded discovery thus far.

From her observations, once the crisis of The Change was over, most of the fem-males were taken indoors, likely given over to individual masters or thrust into collective brothels for general use by the Norwin males. The few which she’d seen out, were under the control of the Norwin females.

The alien women were an enigma for the puzzle solver. Demure and submissive before their males, the manner with which they treated the belled Earth men was anything but gentle. Many times, Trish saw the fem-males felled by a firm shove or cowered by a cuff from their massive mistresses.

What was it that kept the Norwin women so blatantly dominated by their males but capable of such open aggression toward the castrated captives?

As Trish spotted the large flat rock a few yards from the camp, she considered the only real option open to her. If the humans were to find out anything useful about their conquerors, they would have to send a spy into the town.

“Halt and Identify yourself. “ a hushed youthful voice declared with such authority it made the Colonel grin.

“Trish Stevenson. “ she answered at once, pleased to see the sentry who emerged from the brush to the left of the stony tabletop.

“Trish! “ the girlish exclamation came from a sweet sixteen military brat, Diane Turner. The young woman, her enviously athletic physique shown off by the tan shorts and matching light shirt, gave her mentor a warm embrace, the moment somewhat awkward with the small machine pistol getting in the way.

Diane, her fresh face beneath a short auburn pageboy still holding to freckles, had been a late addition to the Tyner Colony, she and her feminized father the only surviving family since her mother’s death many years before.

Major James Turner, had not even been called to battle when The Change unexpectedly swept over their home in Waynesboro, Virginia. His daughter pulled her still changing parent into their SUV before the second sweep by the Norwin Duster. Somehow they managed to find their way to a small air field near Monticello where she finagled a ride for them aboard an army helicopter headed West.

Raised within the structured environment of the military, she naturally found in Trish a comforting presence while the Colonel responded easily to the shy adoration from this fiercely intelligent girl.

“Colonel Stevenson, you mean. “ the officer laughingly chided the teenager, resting for a second on the table rock. “How’s sentry duty going? “

“Pretty quiet... ma’am. “ Diane remarked with such a mild tone of annoyed relief that her surrogate parent raised a curious brow. “Mistress Madeline’s holding court, as usual. And Joey’s been chasing after Aaron, again... “ she confessed, waiting for the storm clouds to appear.

Where Diane had been a godsend of Discipline and Cooperation to the colony, her masculine antithesis, Joey Fields, a gangly walking hormone of a teenage boy, was the bane of Trish’s existence. He was the son of a press secretary, weasel-like in face and disposition, but coddled by Madeline’s notion of keeping the true males healthy and happy.
This opinion also lead to the first open fracture within the human hive, a fierce disagreement between the Queen and her Warrior Chief...

“Then I’d better do damage control then. “ Trish sighed, her fingers lightly touching the young woman’s shoulder. “Joyce’ll spell you in about fifteen minutes, OK? “

Diane nodded gratefully with such a sweet smile that the Colonel felt a soft motherly ache. But such moments of sympathy were fleeting, the flow of good feelings vanishing at once as Trish entered the caves...

The short narrow tunnel, well hid behind strategically arranged brush, lead into a common area of sorts, large and roomy, which held the simple creature comforts allowed the forty odd survivors. While no electronics, apart from the communications gear to link them with other colonies, was allowed, nothing to help the Norwin locate their sanctuary, they had an extensive library as well as games for the kids present. All of it was needed to keep them entertained during the far too frequent downtime.

Three tunnels off the communal chamber each lead to Housing, Storage, and a modest armory which gave only dubious comfort for those who’d seen the aliens at work. And what passed for quarters, from tiny rough hewn rooms barely large enough for two people, to slightly larger family caves, consisted of hollowed out rock with a thin curtain across the entrance for privacy.

Trish frowned slightly as she saw the meeting was over, wondering what new game Madeline was playing today. But her mood lightened somewhat when she spied the firm but almost spindly frame of Joyce Wallace coming toward her.

Along with young Diane, the elderly schedule coordinator for many of the Pentagon heads was the Colonel’s strongest ally, a welcome combination of sanity and experience in a deceptively frail fifty eight year old body. For all her years in Washington, Joyce knew where the rightful power lay in the Tyner Colony, even if the lemming like majority didn't.

“You think you could relieve Diane right now? “ asked Trish quietly, even as the gentle woman gave her a comforting wink from behind bifocal lens. “She’s been spending too much time on duty. “

“Not unlike some other young lady I could mention. “ Joyce chuckled dryly. “I’d like ta scold you for putting yourself at risk so much. You’re the only one in this cave who’ll get us through the Occupation in one piece... “

“If we can figure out just what the Norwin are up to, aside from the obvious... “ complained the officer lightly, catching an odd look from her friend. “What is it? “

“Oh, just one of a couple things which Madeline brought up today. She thinks we should send some spies into town on recon. “ Joyce remarked with a cautious tone.

“Did she? “ Colonel Stevenson responded, once more caught off guard by the First Lady’s devious mind. “What was the other thing? “

“You know what that is. “ the elder woman answered with an exasperated huff.

‘The fem-males. “ Trish nodded, her concerns brought to the foreground. “Where’s Aaron? “
Joyce turned her head toward the central tunnel. “It’s only been a minute... “ she began, but the officer was already gone.

The grunting sounds from within their quarters confirmed her worst fears, a low feminine sob galvanizing the soldier to immediate action as she pulled back the curtain.

Within the few minutes that Joyce had seen them disappear down the tunnel, Joey Fields had already pushed the weeping Aaron face down on the army cot, his pants around his skinny legs as the bully pressed hard against the fem-male’s ass.

Trish had this absurd image of a mongrel dog stuck to a show bitch, but only for a second before anger took hold of the woman. “You sorry little shit! “ she screamed.

The rape turned surreal, the awkward struggles of the boy to free his engorged member, his conquest crying loudly while this crazed and well armed woman grabbed his shoulders...

Trish succeeded in separating them without hurting her charge, Joey losing his erection enough for Colonel Stevenson to pull him away. But he found only a momentary support before she threw the teen through the flimsy barrier where he hit hard the rough floor.

But she was only just starting, her boot catching the little molester squarely in his exposed ass as Joey tried to simultaneously pull up his drawers and himself with one motion. As she kicked him, his pasty face slammed into the stone foundation and the brutal boy began to cry for mercy from the still advancing soldier.

“Colonel Stevenson! Stop! “ demanded a voice from the common room, even as Trish debated whether to simply beat the kid to death, or put a couple bullet in his heads. She saw Madeline standing there wearing a no nonsense look, challenging the other woman to continue her retribution upon the bruised and soiled brat. “You’ve done enough, for now. “ the defacto dictator added with a soft smile.

Joeys’ parents were already hustling their son away, not without some choice looks toward the officer who lightly fingered her pistol in its holster. But Madeline, the conciliator, purposely stepped between Trish and her moving target.

“Take care of Aaron. “ pressed the First Lady in faux sympathy. “Then I need to talk to you. “

Her rage was slightly diminished by the mention of the girl, the sounds of fear and pain lessened to a few sniffles. Twice in one day, Madeline had pushed the right buttons in her military counterpart, Trish nodding absently as she turned to tend to the trembling half-naked fem-male.

“I don’t what’s happened to me. “ whimpered Aaron piteously, the very image of betrayed beauty, even with her face tear streaked and unmade. “The Norwin fucked me, My own men fucked me, but this boy... “

“It wasn’t your fault. “ her guardian insisted, but in the back of her mind she remembered how out of control General Warren had been, back aboard the Ares.

“That’s the joke, you see. “ the petite fem-male remarked with pained irony. “I taught boys like that how to be men. Taught them to be tough, self sufficient and superior. Now it comes back on me, and all I could do was let him mount me... “

She fell back to sobbing uncontrollably and all Trish could do was hold Aaron tight, wondering on the other casualties of this odd war against such an irresistible force as The Change.

*

While across the ravaged planet, scattered groups of free humans struggled to find any kind of weapon to use against his conquering hordes, Jondar sat brooding in Las Vegas, pondering over the sluggish progress of his troops as one of his Lieutenants brought him the latest reports from the field.

He wore his crown upon a troubled brow, ruler of half a world being no true ruler at all. The great desert expanse had been easily conquered, with the exception of that one tiny nation near to the inland sea. It had proved itself stubborn, launching a useless missile attack against the great ark as the Norwin ship settled into Earth orbit.

As the Invasion began in earnest, The Change sweeping unchecked across the few pockets of plenty in this sun blistered land, the meager forces sent against the invaders fought on til the mind altering affects of the Norwin weapon weakened their will to continue the struggle.

But before the Norwin could complete the conversion process, this obstinate little Nation did something unthinkable, sending its women to war against Jondars’ ground units!
So taken back by this affront to the proper order of civilized worlds, the feint succeeded in holding the advancing alien army just long enough for the remaining Earth males to vanish from sight, gone to hiding places where Jondar and his males could not easily find them.

This troublesome opening foray to the eventual conquest of Earth signaled a pattern of resistance in the westward swing of the Norwin military, the rough terrain effectively keeping The Change from reaching every crevasse and cavern. These natural obstacles to an even dispersal of the gaseous weapon finally forced his commanders to bypass several trouble spots to keep the army moving ever forward.

Jondar found his own eastward advance far easier, most of the Great desert falling before him as true Earth females, draped in those oddly concealing dark clothes, eagerly turned their males over to the enemies, many offering to serve as Keepers in the Norwin brothels.

But his greatest triumph came later when they moved to lusher pastures, finding new people of lighter complexion and strange eyes. These aggressive males fought well enough, even with their missiles disarmed and the planes felled from the sky with the Norwin’s EMP weapon. And when the ruling body of elders were converted, Jondar discovered some interesting things about these Earth people.

First was the amazing variety of pleasures to be had, even among the most repressed of the Chattel. Jondar was astonished by the specifics of their sexual offerings, some even suggested by the converted in their eagerness to please the Norwin masters.

Second, in contrast to their ardent embracing of the carnal, the altered males showed great shame before their betters, red-faced and timid in their posturing. This combination of extreme vice and fallen virtue allowed the warlord to find the specific symbols within each conquered nation to best subjugate its people.

Finally, he found that with the communications net, a sophisticated interweave of variable wavebands which encircled this lush world, the as yet unaffected lands observed the downfall of their neighbors as Entertainment!

With this knowledge, Jondar began a propaganda campaign of televised images which began with the parade of transformed elders, comely matrons in shimmering rainbow silk who knelt before the exposed members of the Norwin conquerors, and concluded with the all too easy coupling of Jondar himself with the already weakling leader of the Ameercas!

These Ameercas! So prosperous a territory with a lazy populace who turned unexpectedly fierce when their lord was turned into Chattel. But rather than engaging the impenetrable alien armada with a frontal assault that would surely fail, several cities in the path of the advancing force sacrificed themselves to The Change. This action bought time for others to successfully evacuate most of their males to sanctuaries well hid from the Norwin scout ships.

“You sure these figure’s are correct for this province? “ Jondar barked at the message bearer, a fair haired youth who fidgeted nervously from his lords’ annoyance. “Who’s in command of converting this Can Tuckee? “

“You don’t know, sire? “ exclaimed the boy, true surprise evident in his face. “Your own aide, Gendal. You gave him the commission yourself, sire... “ his meek voice fell to silence at the storm gathering in the rulers’ fierce eyes.

“Go to Gendal. “ Jondar told the scribe after a fearful pause. “Tell him that I’ll come to see his progress, or lack thereof, within a few days. “

“At once! Sire! “ exclaimed the youngster, more than ready to escape the potent wrath of Jondar, bowing briskly before making a hasty retreat to do his master’s will.

And as the door closed, leaving the Norwin warlord in relative quiet, he rose from his chair, striding across the gaudy gilded suite in this towering Earth built pleasure palace to the great window which overlooked his decadent domain.

This Vegas had been a prize, an already erected Xanadu for the Norwin males. The games of chance within the glass and stony monuments to Pleasure, the costumes and other adornments to best display the attributes of the Chattel, so easily conquered as many players refused to leave the tables even as The Change took them. But such pleasures were empty gifts for Jondar, his concerns about his chosen heir overriding the urges of his baser desires.
Gendal, an almost beautiful boy, fair haired and quick minded, had shown such promise. He stood at Jondars right hand during the war councils, learning what he must if he would someday lead.

The Norwin chief reflected upon that first meeting with the Earthers, wondering if that was where the trouble started. Gendal had obviously been very curious about these tiny people, and if rumors were correct, too soon after the victory in the Great Desert, there was talk that Gendal had taken a fem-male as consort...

“Soon enough, “ he mused ruefully to himself, his thick fingers idly stroking the heavy red-orange beard. “I will find out just what Gendal is up to in this Can Tuckee... “

*

She lay nestled against his broad back, this tiny dusky beauty who’d come to Gendal like a sweet mirage out of the Change cleansed desert. And oh how she’d fought, tooth and nail, holding to anger long after the others had been calmed within their altered bodies.

How long had it been since Gendal chose this Chattel, alone among the converted, to take with him as Jondar’s main force pushed onward to the East? Long enough that he knew the others spoke often of his solitary devotion to the dark female who awoke such strange emotions within him.

But even the rumormongers didn't know how Gendal bonded with this girl, how he confided his most hidden dreams to her. How, on the times when she willing submitted to his advances, Gendal hoped that he might someday release that fiery spirit suppressed inside this desert fem-male.

“Gendal. “ her soft voice, slightly muffled by those silky lips caressing his shoulders, arousing the youth so as he slowly turned to face her. “Kamal. “ he whispered back, frowning slightly at the deep concern which wrinkled that lovely exotic face.

“Jondar’s coming. “ she remarked bluntly and he nodded before kissing her childlike face tenderly. “Yes. “ he answered simply, a light hand hoping to smooth out the worry lines with a touch.

“Do you think he knows? About us? “

“Only hearsay. “ Gendal answered with false confidence. “He’s more concerned about the delay in converting the whole of Kentucky. Your people have hid themselves quite well. “

“My people... “ she murmured with dull regret, even as Kamal felt him press his member against her. “I wonder if I can call them ‘My People ‘ anymore. Am I still worthy? “

“You’re worthy of that, and much more. “ her master and her love scolded fondly, wiping away bitter tears as he gently entered the fem-male. “And as for the rest, let your worries come to me. “

Darkness and Divinations;

“We’re at a critical moment of decision, you know that. “ the austere auburn haired leader of the free world told Trish with such solemnity, the Colonel almost spoiled the moment by laughing in Madeline’s face.

They walked together amidst the long shadows of the early evening, the Norwin patrols quiet for the moment, while Aaron and Tommie followed at a discreet distance behind the two true females. For all her speeches, the woman warrior wondered if the First Lady had ever seriously thought on a counteroffensive against the Norwins in all this time.

“And you’ve come up with some ideas, I understand. “ remarked the soldier with such an obvious undertone of irony that her companion briefly flashed a cool angry look toward Trish before regaining her composure.

“For all your observations, Colonel, “ Madeline countered with a haughty arrogance. “You've seen nothing to give us even the slightest hint at possible weaknesses within the Norwin society ? “

“Nothing yet. “ admitted the Colonel, sparing a glance back toward the two fem-males, each a contrast of the other in demeanor and dress.

Aaron, while demure in her bearing, still held to a core of confidence which Trish had worked so hard to revive. Those soft hazel eyes gazed out from beneath the lovely sandy blonde tangle with a strong intelligence sadly lacking in her fellow fem-male.

Tommie was the direct opposite to the converted former Colonel, chatty and bright in conversation, but quick to bow to Madeline’s overwhelming presence. The petite raven haired fem-male also tended toward forced fashions of an openly provocative nature, the tan bikini style halter and tight shorts a dramatic contrast to Aaron’s light green blouse and trousers.

With her husband’s overt wardrobe choice for her Change induced girlish figure, Madeline seemed to make of Tommie an example for the rest of the seven fem-males within Tyner Colony, a poster girl of total servitude by which the First Lady hoped to bring the settlement’s true men to her corner. But while Madeline had never told Trish the specifics of her plans for the faux females, the Colonel understood from Diane and Joyce they were to be nothing less than sexual surrogates to keep the males busy while the real women carried on the business of survival.

“And what of word from the other colonies? “ pressed the didactic dictator of her military counterpart.

“Given the infrequency of the broadcasts, short and on a variable band to keep the enemy from getting a fix on our location, little more than what I've discovered during my own observations. “ Trish answered brusquely. “But several groups are still coordinating the building of remote towers on ridges some distance from the source of transmission. Once that’s in place... “

“The Norwin will likely have converted even more of our men to The Change by then. “ Madeline chided her angrily. “We need to get some hard information, as quickly as possible, to better formulate strategy. And that means... “

“Spies. “ sighed the Colonel heavily, seeing the trap which the other had set for her, a snare using the soldier’s own good intentions against her... “Or a single spy already trained in reconnaissance and information retrieval. You have someone particular in mind, Madeline? “

“I want to call another meeting for tomorrow afternoon. “ she told the soldier, an expression of supreme confidence in those cool eyes. “Will you let me know your answer before then? “

She knew that this ambitious woman was using the truth against her. That if it came down to a vote, Trish might win the colony through deeds over words. But the running clock allowed little room for debate, no time left for the Colonel to quietly assemble the resources she needed for a full scale military retaliation against the alien oppressors.
“I’ll let you know by morning, Madeline. “ she responded, feeling almost as helpless as Aaron when he’d meet his fate aboard the Norwin ark.

*

“I have just one question for you, Trish. “ asked Joyce with a matronly annoyance which made the young officer smile. “Are you friggin insane?! “

“Perhaps. “ confessed Colonel Stevenson as she, Diane and Joyce, as well as James and Aaron, all sat in a little used section of tunnel, far away from prying ears. “But Madeline’s right, for once. It’s beyond time for this... “

“...Trap! “ the teenager exclaimed, upset that her mentor was even considering going into Town alone. “Madeline just wants you out of the way, so she can do what she wishes with Daddy and the rest! You know she does! “

“I do know it, “ laughed Trish bitterly. “But I’m also thinkin of the Greater Good here, not this little pissing contest between Madame Machiavelli and myself. We need to send someone among them, specifically a women in disguise as a fem-male... “

“Ah Hell, I’ll go. “ Joyce interjected suddenly, her alert eyes sparkling with a mischievous humor. “It’s not like I’m doing anything else important right now. “

“But you do have an assignment. “ countered the Colonel softly, her strong slender fingers reaching out to touch the elder’s hand lovingly. “I need you to keep the colony from falling apart in my absence. Madeline still underestimates your influence over the others so I could sure use your help. Please? “

As Joyce muttered a soft acquiescence followed by a mild curse, idly swiping at suddenly damp eyes, Diane coughed slightly. “Uh, I have a suggestion? As to who could go? “

“Not you! “ both Trish and Joyce forcefully countered at once.

Diane shook her head slowly, sparing a glance toward her father and Aaron. “We could maybe use a fem-male instead? “

At her soft but sly proposition, the youngster was taken back as Trish impulsively took her soft face between strong fingers and pressed a kiss upon her forehead. “You’re brilliant and beautiful! “ gushed the officer. “But it wouldn't work. “

“Why not? Both Dad and Aaron are trained officers. They could still spy... “

“Because The Change killed their ability to stand up under direct intimidation by any strong authority, Norwin or Human. “ countered Trish quickly, touched by her friends concerns. “But I do need their help. Help in understanding what it is to be a fem-male... “

*

Kamal found herself alone, as Gendal left to prepare for Jondars’ arrival. Even after four months, trapped in this weak feminine shell, concubine to the provincial governor of Kentucky, the Syrian siren kept returning to that Change shrouded desert where the hero became Houris in what seemed to be endless contrition to Allah for his/her sins.
What tears she cried were inside and invisible, The Change induced weakness coming from a different source than with the others of her kind.

Of her kind...

Kamal knew as she was turned over to the enemy by those whorish betrayers of Humanity that she would need a protector. Even as she’d fought tooth and nail against the fear which threatened to destroy what little masculinity was left inside this false flesh, the former macho commander watched the Norwins closely, observed their deferential manner toward the blond youth.

She used what gifts of seduction had been taught her second hand by all the women in her long lusty life, used them to secure a place of comfort and confidence, to better fight the soft changes that usurped her once sharp male mind. But even as Gendal took her, Kamal wonder who was seducing who...

She’d understood where Aaron had failed, even admitting her own complicity in the downfall of her friend ... Allah forgive her. Strength was not a wall against adversity, it was a fluid action. You bowed before Fate when need be, as the Yanks would say ‘Go With The Flow. ‘

She just hoped that she didn't lose herself in the process.

*

Diane couldn't stop from staring at the very different Trish who stood in self conscious splendor before the tall narrow mirror. With the pleasure chest of goodies contributed by the domineering First Lady, Colonel Stevenson found herself stripped of more than surface authority under the tutelage of her former charge, Aaron Christopher.

The colony as a whole aptly reflected the mixed reaction to Madeline’s gleeful announcement that the willful woman warrior was to spy out the land, disguised as a fem-male. The few who stood solidly in Trish’s corner understood it’s necessity, while both the fence-sitters and those happily gathered beneath Madeline’s decadent banner waited with eager anticipation to see how far down the Colonel would fall...

One bruised and belligerent boy also waited, with sly encouragement from the darkly ambitious ruler, to use Trish’s vulnerability for his own purposes ...

“Where did I go? “ wondered the officer aloud, blushing at the muscular but still quite feminine body, exposed for the world to see. Her usually unmade face was painted boldly with rouge stained cheeks and a deep scarlet gloss on her once thin lips. Those bright eyes seemed invisible beneath the insanely long lashes which Madeline had insisted upon.

If clothes made the woman, the saucy salmon pink mini corset, all ruffles with spaghetti straps, effectively unmade the soldier. To her further debasement, the outfit was fleshed out with a pair of skimpy satin hot pants, sealed up on one side with a Velcro strip.

“Oh, Trish. “ the teenager whispered in sympathy, the older woman recovering from the shock enough to embrace her disciple. “It’s going to be alright. “ she told the trembling girl firmly.

“Not after Madeline forces you to parade before the colony, it won’t. “ Diane responded angrily. “She’ll force you to submit, in the worst way she can think of ... “

“And that’ll be the test, for you as well as me. “ Colonel Stevenson replied, lightly stroking the other’s fiery tresses. “But you remember what I told you. About what’s expected from both of us... “

“While you’re gone, I’m to continue working on the tower while Joyce takes care of the colony. “ Diane recited, little comforted by the image of her mentor, nearly naked before her. “But ... “

“No buts, “ Trish insisted, even as she heard Madeline calling to them. “You do your job, as I know you will. This is tough on all of us, but we do what we must to survive. “

*

It was a display of power, as she found the whole of Tyner Colony waiting as the officer entered the common room, looking decidedly less authoritative in her sexy costume. But the power was handed to Madeline, for now, as she openly challenged Trish to see if she was ready to face the task ahead.

“You look so sweet, my dear. “ those fiercely covetous eyes ogled the exposed curves of her rival, smiling with gentle disdain, as she would her own feminized spouse. “But you still carry yourself like a warrior. Loosen up your walk and wriggle over here. “

Trish couldn't look toward Aaron, the girl red faced with the shame she knew her protector must be feeling but couldn't show. She felt the fool, allowing her hips to swing a bit, her eyes turned down slightly as Colonel Stevenson moved toward Madeline.

“How can you hope to fool the Norwin? “ demanded the First Lady with such venom that even her supporters let slip a collective gasp, but still the under-dressed officer did nothing. “How do you hope to convince them you’re a weak little fem-male, unless you can make us believe? On your knees, girl! “

There were no half measures here, no way to get out with any semblance of pride. But Trish recited her silent mantra to block the emerging terror at her loss of identity. “I've been trained for moments like this. “ she scolded herself, a second before a severe cuff to the face knocked the spy to the rough floor.

She first thought that the Dom dictator was playing rough, but as Trish prostrated herself before Madeline, the scantily clothed Colonel discovered that her adversary had brought a helper to bring Trish down. The hand which had dealt the humbling blow belonged to Joey Fields!

“What do you think you’re doing, Madeline? “ Joyce interrupted, her aged expression reflected outrage at this perversion disguised as play-acting.

“Joyce. “ the subdued whisper from the fallen officer further fueled both Joyce’s and Diane’s anger, even as Trish sought to quell their fierce defense of her. “Stand down ... “

Another blow from the teen abuser, his hostile glare a mix of triumph and lust. “You don’t know your place yet. “ Joey scolded, even as he took hold of her head. Trish found herself eye level with his crotch, discovering to her dismay that his button fly was undone, Joey’s stiff member jutting out for all to see. “Tell them you like what you see. “ he ordered harshly.

How long she knelt in indecision was brief, but for Colonel Stevenson it was forever as she considered taking back her control and castrating the boy right there and then. But unless she sent another in her place, the suffering which she experienced now would be visited a hundred-fold upon the whole of Humanity.... “I like what I see. “ she muttered.

“You tell them. “ he held her face now, otherwise weak finger pressing against her cheeks to force open those scarlet lips. “You tell them you beat me because you wanted my cock for yourself. You tell them that! “

“I anted ur qawk. “ Trish answered oddly, even as her master pressed his head forward, forcing her to take it all in. She could taste him as Joey released, the flood running down her throat.

The cowered Colonel hoped that this would satisfy, her humiliation enough for the boy as his manhood pulled out from her mouth with a loud pop. But if her audience was stunned by Trish’s swift sexual subjugation, even her enemies were horrified by what Joey did next!

It happened in a matter of seconds as the young thug turned Trish round, his hands at her waist before moving down to tug hard at her hot pants! The sound of tearing Velcro alerted the audience to his intent too late as Joey thrust hard against Trish’s exposed ass, the extreme pain from his entry making Trish scream in spite of herself!

But before Joey could further his intended rape of this hated woman, the cold metal muzzle of a handgun pressed hard against the back of his head, Diane’s harsh voice in his right ear. “You stop this! Now! You sick little shit! “

“Ms Turner. “ Madeline’s attempt at intervention fell upon deaf ears as the outraged young woman began to pull back on the trigger. “Your brains, or whatever passes for brains, splattered all over the cave! What do you think about that, asshole!? “ Diane asked, the audible click from a chambered bullet accenting her intent.

He withdrew quickly, Trish falling as Joyce rushed forward to catch her, only to have Diane strike him hard with the pistol across his face, the sound of his nose breaking reverberating like a gunshot throughout the cave.

Justice ill-served by the sight of the boy knocked out cold, but Diane was more concerned with her mentor, silently trembling with the rage she dare not show. Trish was bleeding slightly as Joyce tended to her, but the elder woman took time to flash the hostile girl a look of caution. She could see the gun held firm in white knuckled hands...

“Trish... “ a world of hurt in that sweet young voice, but Colonel Stevenson attempted a smile of comfort, even as it turned to a grimace halfway through. “I always considered this from the Norwin, not from any of us. “ remarked the soldier through clenched teeth.

“I should put the asshole outta his misery. “ muttered Diane unhappily. “Put a bullet through both his heads... “

“Help me up, both of you. “ the voice of command called the elder and younger to attention as their compatriot struggled to stand, still able to modestly refasten her hot pants with one hand, understandably unfocused at the moment. “Get me back to my quarters. “

Aaron was teary eyed in contrast to the grim faces of both Joyce and Diane as Trish gingerly tested the cot and her ability to sit upon it. “I’m going at first light. “

“After what just happened? You need time to heal... “

“Joyce, after what Joey did and Madeline allowed, this just proves the need for action over reaction. “ Colonel Stevenson countered, the weight of the world evident in her words. “Complacency is killing us, as surely as the Norwin. I can’t fight either without solid information on my side. “

“Submit like the willow. “ this simple declaration from the pretty fem-male startled the real women as Aaron kissed her friend and savior on the lips. Something of the man still resided behind these feminine childlike eyes, struggling to be set free. “Make a small place in the back of your mind to keep your strength in reserve. “

Trish suddenly grinned with a confidence and inner peace given new form by her charge’s obvious adoration and own resiliency. Not for the last time, she wished she’d known the soldier before The Change and pledged herself to try and return what Aaron lost inside ...

“First light. “ she repeated to her co-conspirators. “And don’t forget your assignments. “
But even as each made their own promises to hold tight the dream of a resolution to the conflict ahead, dark forces were already plotting to thwart them, from within and without...

Elsewhere in The World;
Paris, France.

The Norwin warlord, Danar, sang the praises of Jondar as he was given this city as a reward for dealing with the tough nut which had been Europe. While many pockets of resistance existed still in the more remote regions, reports of free humans fleeing toward imagined sanctuaries northward, yet the other states slowly began to fall to The Change. This land of sweet wines and sweeter chattel surrendered even before the first sweep of Dusters crossed the Rhine, the town and city fathers abasing themselves before their betters to become the most immediately submissive of the Euro-Fem-males.

Denar enjoyed the fruits of his conquest, the lush decadence of Paris where even the mayor and his former mistress serviced the warrior in a place they called Cabaret; The Wild West. But as tinsel clad dancers performed onstage and his concubines below the table, Denar found the welcome short lived while neighboring provinces just outside the city were shook by the concussion wave to follow a tremendous blast ...

St Petersburg, Russia.

The Norwin rule of this great old city was solemn compared to the other provinces set along more temperate climes. The small occupying force found their conquered chattel willing though singularly unimaginative, giving almost as an afterthought of obligation than of lust or honor. Within two months, the Norwin soldiery practically jumped at the chance to leave their frigid beds behind to pursue the remaining free humans which lived in the sparse seemingly unlivable barrens to the north ...

The Japans.

Once conquered, these small people, fem-males and their women seemed interchangeable from one another, polite and restrained in their dealings with the alien occupation force. Subtle and giving until several in the Norwin leadership were killed by normal females who took the place of their transformed mates in the bed chamber. Not used to such resistance, the Norwin males were at a loss to either explain it or take action other than leveling several towns as a warning ...

Expected Enemies and Unexpected Allies;

Trish saw the heavy hand before it struck her, the Earth woman able to move just enough to lessen the impact of the blow as it knocked her to the ground. Thus had been the routine between the human and her keeper since the spy had entered the town some four days ago.

The scantily clad officer had escaped detection up to the moment she’d entered that small back alley well within the town’s borders, wondering just how to introduce herself into the bustling fem-male population. But Fate intervened as two Norwin youths spotted the woman standing in momentary uncertainty just off the main thoroughfare.

“You! “ declared one of the alien males, towering over Trish at seven feet, even in gawky adolescence. “Come here! “

She had thought they’d seen Trish for what she was, calling out an alarm to their elders, but teenagers were apparently the same no matter the species. She’d scarcely come within reach than the bolder of the two, a gangly beanpole of a giant, his deep green eyes reflecting obvious lust from beneath a rough raven haired mop, deftly stripped the hot pants from her.

He took hold of her hips, controlling the human female like some doll as his erect member pressed against her. Even in the midst of the anticipated pain, Trish remained amused. Why did men, young or old, seem to like the ass so much? After that, the only thoughts she’d been capable of was trying not to scream out.

After the Norwin boys had their way with their pretty but otherwise placid plaything, both mildly disgusted with her dull apathy during the rape, the boys had pulled Trish roughly to her feet. Dragged along between the two of them, she found herself escorted to where an elder male was directing the dispersion of fem-males to different sections of town.

“An untagged fem-male? “ the oldster, almost at the edge of obsolescence with his white hair and sagging cheeks, remarked with great annoyance. Colonel Stevenson felt his dull expression tighten in unaccustomed concentration, but her fear of discovery went unrealized as he reached for an odd implement. “Those idiots, sons of offal! they know that every Changling should get the brand at the moment of round-up! You! What is your name? “

She’d thought quickly, knowing that a female name would have given the game away, but Trish smiled inwardly as she wondered what her father would have thought of the joke ... “Jacob. “ the spy told him with trembling fearful voice, the ancient alien deftly adjusting some settings on the almost ivory looking slender rod.

At a gesture, the two lads took hold of her legs, spreading them wide as the wand radiated an obvious heat at its’ blunt end. With a quick practiced thrust, she received a mark on her upper right inner thigh, the old male grunting with satisfaction. “For record keeping, you’re Jacob 7. You’ll be assigned, soon enough, to either a public house or to auction for a special master. Off with her then... “

*

“You’re a slug, you know that? “ demanded Hagna, the mistress of the house to which Trish had eventually been taken, in every sense of the word. Oddly enough, the house of pleasure where the comely agent was brought had been just that before the Invasion, perhaps recognized as same by the perverse minds of the Norwin males. Barely through the door, the old woman who’d be her keeper took over.

“Dead between the sheets, barely suitable for anything else. “ muttered the ancient, Hagna still a handsome woman even through the gentle knit of wrinkles which broke up her otherwise smooth face. “But Lord Gendal wants you all working, so ... “

Trish had seen the commander in charge of Tyner just once as he visited the pleasure house. The giant had seemed so much younger than she, scarcely older than those rough children who’d ravaged the spy upon her entry into town. But the blond haired boy caught her attentions far less than did his fem-male escort, a dusky Arabian beauty who sparked recognition in Trish’s memory even before Gendal spoke her name ... ‘Kamal. ‘

“ ... The Maker only knows what he saw in creating you in the first place. “ Hagna went on, oblivious to the distraction of the lesser female. “Cast you off, if I had my way. But his will is law. “

“His will be done. “ murmured her charge softly, surprised by the almost invisible smile which upturned the stern mouth of the Norwin teacher. “As it is told. “ Hagna answered almost reverently, before returning to form but without the ire of before. “Now get that laundry done before the noon bell, or you’ll soon enough feel my will on your backside. Get to it. “

But even as she returned to her sudsy servitude, Trish knew that she had to find Kamal, and discover just how much of the soldier was left beneath the submissive’s sexy feminine mask.

*

Meanwhile, in the heights above the town, a decidedly human and very determined young woman followed an almost invisible track just a few hundred yards below the ridge.

For Diane Turner, even the few days since Trish had gone were terrible, Madame Madeline wasting no time in remaking the colony over in her own image. There was only one stopgap to her plans, Joyce Wallace, the elder woman working overtime to counter the persuasion of the First Lady with her own patient rhetoric.

Also, Madeline had sent her fem-male spouse to Aaron as a shapely and quite seductive peace-offering to the lonely Changling, who’d begun losing assertive ground in the absence of her soldier guardian. Even while both Joyce and Diane tried to keep up her lessons, Aaron shown signs of a gradual backslide under the pressure of Tommie’s persistent playful advances.

But Diane wasn't able to be there all the time, consumed as she was by the project which Colonel Stevenson had laid on her, the communications tower which was their lifeline to the other survivor camps across the country.

Under the Colonel’s orders, three likely candidates had already begun the construction of a mess of metal and wire within a clutch of trees some seven miles to the North-East of the colony. But to get there meant using a narrow trail which traversed quite treacherous fields of fallen shale. While Diane was up to the task, the otherwise cocksure teen couldn't help but gulp unconsciously at the edge of one such fall which extended sharply down to the lip of a sheer drop of at least eighty feet.

Still, she steeled herself for the crossing, perhaps only a cautious two dozen steps to reach the other side, knowing that the others awaited her at the site. But as the girl gingerly tested the fall, progressing slowly with an occasional cascade of loose stone rattling down the steep slope, Diane discovered by mid-point that she wasn't going to reach her destination after all.

The youth never saw it coming, this abrupt avalanche which descended from the heights, the ground beneath her moving as the impact from a great boulder shook loose the fall, the entire slope carrying Diane along with it toward the edge of the abyss!

She had no escape, nothing to cling to as the girl found open air beneath her. The plunge toward a messy death was unexpectedly stopped by the rough branches of a large pine, slowing her descent enough that Diane landed upon a narrow shelf just beneath the drop-off rather than continue to fall to the rocks below.

But while fortune saved her life, it didn't keep her from breaking several ribs and shattering an arm against the granite projection. Diane went numb from the pain, fighting the tendrils of unconsciousness which wrapped themselves around her brain.

It was her silence which saved the teen, a mix of voices from the overhang filtering through her dulled senses so that Ms. Turner understood her peril at letting them know she lived still...

“Is she dead? “ asked a deep bass, movement from above sending a tiny shower of pebbles down before Diane’s sanctuary. “Madeline said to be sure ... “

“You want to jump after her? “ demanded a lighter feminine voice. “The girl went right over the edge. “

“I don’t know. “ the first speaker remarked somewhat nervously. “There should be a switchback further down the trail. We should check it out ... “

But before further investigation revealed the crippled youngster to her mystery attackers, Diane heard them shouting to one another as she also heard the familiar droning sound of an approaching Norwin ship. Their retreat was noisy enough, but apparently did not alert the scout craft to their presence as the vessel made a lazy pass by her shelter, the drone diminishing quickly as it apparently vanished over the ridge behind her.

Still, Diane had never thought she’d be grateful to the Norwin for anything. Yet as the silence fell about her, no signs of either alien or human conspirator returned to bother the girl while she lay in motionless pained contemplation of her situation. She knew that help would not come, that if she didn't try to save herself the only option left would be Death!

*

“You've found nothing. “ Joyce Wallace repeated incredulously while the two scouts looked embarrassed. “There’s only one trail she could have used, and still there was no trace of Diane? At all? “

“We went all the way up to the tower and back, Joyce. “ protested Tess Walker, a tall, slender, and decidedly non-athletic former White House archivist, her once immaculate raven black hair matted and bright eyes flashing with annoyance. “There was a sign of fresh disturbance, a slide of some sort halfway there but ... “

“Did you investigate? “ Ms Wallace demanded angrily. “She might be hurt, unable to answer ... “

“It’s a sheer drop, maybe a hundred feet straight down. “ interrupted Toby Roberts, an intern from Wyoming, sharp angular face beneath a shaggy mop, his once equally focused mind dulled by the growing complacency beneath Madeline’s reign. “I got as close to the edge as I could, but there wasn't a body or anything. “

“Never-mind. “ The elder woman answered with obvious disdain. “I’ll go myself. Thanks for trying. “

Thrilled to be dismissed, the pair hurried off while Joyce returned to find Aaron back in her quarters, primping before a small handheld mirror like some teen prom queen. The fem-male had the good graces to look guilty, even as she wore a dove-white bustier and hip-hugger panties loaned her by Tommie Bradley. Madeline’s handiwork was evident in the bold mascara, thick lashes and deep scarlet lipstick which adorned the beautiful neuter.

“I need to go out for a bit, hon. “ Joyce told her, biting back a sarcastic comment about Cheap Whore makeup. As fragile as Aaron’s psyche was, she didn't need any further help from the former supervisor to retreat into a shell of complete submissiveness.

“No sign of Diane. “ The matter of fact remark couldn't hide the trembling of Colonel Christopher’s painted lips, even as she tried to affect a brave face. “You do need to go. Keep looking til you find her. “

What mysterious force dwelt within the fem-male, chemical or something else, it brought Joyce to the edge of tears as she held Aaron tight for a time. “I can’t leave you in Madeline’s hands. “ protested the guardian. “What would Trish say? “

“What would she say if we left Diane out there alone? “ the simple logic needed no force of confidence for Aaron to say it. Those bright moist eyes were enough for her companion even as the fem-male softly smiled. “If we lose them both, we lose the war. “

Joyce had no words to answer, only a tearful mute salute to this belled but unbowed beauty as they held each tight.

*

News of the impending arrival of Jondar had circulated throughout Tyner colony, making Kamal even more nervous than before, though she adopted a calm complacency about her master as Gendal paced the bedchamber.

“We have no idea as to where the camps of the resistance are, and Jondar is expected this very afternoon. “ fumed the youth impatiently. “If even one of their number could be caught, but no, they remain well hid despite our best efforts. “

“But it’s not your fault. “ Kamal soothed, even as she bid her lover to come sit upon the soft mattress. She knelt behind him, her delicate fingers deftly rubbing the tension from those impossibly broad shoulders. “That’s not how my lord will see it. The Norwin prevail, always. We've done so on nearly a hundred worlds, and we must win here as well. “ he explained patiently.

Kamal sighed into his long mane, once more uncertain as to where her loyalties lay. If it came down to supporting her paramour, which would ultimately doom the Earth to a future under the Norwin yoke, was her own survival that important? “What can I do to ease your worries? “ she asked him.

“Go to the mistress of the House and see that all will be ready when Jondars’ ship lands. “ Gendal ordered with a sad smile in his voice. “All else will have to come from me, I’m afraid. Now go, and do my bidding! “

With the bark in his words, the Arabian beauty felt the great gulf between them, Houris and slave obedient to his will. Could there ever be any love in all of this? But even as Kamal made haste toward the domestics quarters, she felt a slim hand touch her shoulder. Staring with deep concentration, a vaguely familiar and quite human woman drew the fem-male away from the crowded noisy chamber.

“Kamal Bashir, we need to talk. “ Trish Stevenson told her, even as her reluctant companion recognized General Warren’s aide. “I guess we do. “ Kamal sighed as that feared moment of truth forced a decision sooner than she’d hoped.

*

His great bushy brow raised in alert impassivity, or so it seemed to the modest honor guard as Jondar slowly descended the ramp from the command ship. But even as he gave formal nod to his would-be successor, Gendal caught that glint of disapproval reserved for more private moments between them.

“Your reception does me honor. “ the chieftain told the youth, even as a dozen fem-males prostrated themselves before him in the oddly tight corsets and tight weave lower garments which a most proficient aide told him were Daisy Dukes. Disappointing in their concealment, so unlike the looser clothes of Norwin females, and yet all the more alluring because of it. But Jondar had more serious business to deal with before sampling their pleasures.

“Not Honor enough for you, milord. “ the sandy haired governor responded easily, chilled by his master’s blunt rebuke. “True enough. But that will come later, since there are things to discuss between us. “ the elder rejoined easily.

Gendal knew, he felt the dark energy flowing as they moved inside to his private office. And as the door shut, Jondar caught his young acolyte with a powerful backhand.

“You were meant to rule here. “ the brazen bruise on Gendal’s right cheek belayed the deceptive cool, as the warlord watched with faint approval the restraint in this chastised boy. “Yet still there is a strong rebel faction which surrounds this town. Why? “

“I understand we still have such pockets of resistance across the waters. “ the young Norwin responded with a tight voice, the storm raging behind a stony mask. “So I’m left to wonder why I’ve been singled out among your generals. “

Jondar smiled with a deeper purpose, his eyes watching for signs, satisfied that Gendal was properly woken up. “Because you alone have shown the qualities I need. When this old hunter falls before the pack, who will take his place? But you’re so young still, unmarked and that’s my fault. You need to be blooded with victories, not stale-mates or retreats. Especially not on this world ... “

“Milord. “

“We use these conquered so casually, as we may. “ Jondar lectured idly, even as he lounged back in the too small leather backed chair which ill-supported his great frame. “But they are neither wives, or younglings, or clan. They are the beaten, the offal beneath our boots, the beaten. To raise even the most enchanting of the Changlings to the level of a Norwin female ... “

“Rumors. “ Gendal blurted out and his lord chuckled. “The severity of such politics undermined leadership as effectively as any wound. But I will help you prove such gossip to be unfounded. “ Jondar responded, glancing about the room as if the object of his derision might come out of shadow.

“Help me? “ the young warrior blinked as his superior nodded with grim humor. “Once we've removed this stubborn element from our midst, I return to Vegas and I will take your chattel with me. “ Jondar told him. Gendal knew, understood that the great chieftain was not talking of suspicions, only certainties when he spoke of taking Kamal away.

But with this promise, an otherwise unspoken emotion forced itself to the foreground of his own confusion, Gendal understanding something about where his own loyalties lay.

*

Unaware that she was being traded as easily as a low card passed from hand to hand, Kamal finished her talk with Trish, knowing little except that the sultry fem-male was privy to a plan to counter the Norwin and finally overthrow the shackles of sexual slavery. But what the revolution needed was an object, a secret to rally the few rebels around. With that in mind, Kamal had told the Colonel to seek out Hagna.

“She’s mistress, not only to this household, but to everything concerning the history of her race. “ the Syrian siren explained. “I couldn't get close, because my relationship with Gendal has made me suspect among the real females, human and Norwin alike. But if you can loosen her tongue ... “

“I’ll get on that. “ Trish promised. “I’m sorry I can’t let you in on the plan, but ... “

“Tell me nothing, and I can’t spill the bean to Gendal under duress. “ Kamal had sighed. “But will you come for me when you’re ready to leave? “

“I will, a few days at the most, depending on how well I do with Hagna. “ her beautiful superior confessed. “Now get back to your duties, say nothing of seeing me if you can. With fingers crossed, we can out-think these barriers even if we can’t out-fight them directly. “

Kamal, ready to leave was gently surprised as Trish, looking decidedly less the soldier in her halter and hot pants, leaned over and kissed her hard on those scarlet lips. “You ... be alert and be very careful. “

For one skating upon cracking ice, Kamal wondered if her spirit was that strong. But with that kiss, she found inspiration enough to try ...

*

“You look very sweet, Aaron. “ Lady Madeline cooed as the now unchallenged leader of Tyner, and much of the remaining free people, lightly stroked the fem-males’ long tresses. “While this isn’t exactly your first, I think that Joey’ll approve. “

Without Joyce, the colony fell in line to the First Lady’s plans with only a few grumbles from family of the affected fem-males. Surprisingly, few among the Tyner males actively sought out the Changling chattel which Madeline offered. Joey Fields was largely alone in his runaway sexual appetites.

And his preferred target was Aaron Christopher ...

She looked so virginal in the dove-white babydoll, the former Colonel knew that the ever violent youth would be more inclined to rape her, thus his true nature came out. An alternately pampered and bullied weakling, Joey got out all his frustrations in the forceful penetration, But as with others of his kind, the teen was never satisfied.

At least between other fem-males and the men who used them, there was a chance of mutual release, even a facsimile of kindness. But with her brutal paramour, Aaron found only pain.

*

Trish thought often of Aaron, Diane, and Joyce, as she worked beside Hagna in the kitchens and the laundry. Perhaps her meek but cool manner awoken a rough kinship between the Norwin overseer and her human slave, but Hagna seemed to strike Trish with less frequency than before. Likely the Earth girl was less a threat as concubine since few Norwin males sought out this cold fish after sampling her unenthusiastic talents in bed ...

But even as the head mistress opened up, she still revealed little for the spy to use, until the imminent birth of a Norwin child also gave birth to a faint hope for the beleaguered Earthers ...

“We administer the elixir some hours before Ranan takes her final contractions. “ Hagna told her aide, even as the two of them rummaged about in the apothecary in search of potions. “It will give the young mother back what she will need to birth her child. “

“What does that mean? ‘Give Back. ‘ “ blurted out Trish, with such aggressive curiosity she expected the elderly giantess to betray her at once. But the old female saw only a pupil interested in her lore. “That which The Change took from the women of our clan so long ago, after The Struggle. “

“Hagna? “ Trish asked softly, concealing her eagerness for this new bit of Norwin mythology behind a demure manner. “What was The Struggle? “

“Long ago and far from this system, our people worshiped much the same toys which your race does at present. We found ourselves within a lengthy time of idleness and boredom, a creeping atrophy moving throughout the clans. What blood sport and games of chance the elders could devise to stave off the planet-wide tedium, were excluded from women by law. “ Hagna explained carefully, even as she swept the high shelves for her prize.

“The Struggle were the Games? “ Trish prodded lightly, Hagna frowning as she recalled this distant almost forgotten history. “We protested in softer ways, at first, in accordance to our gender, but soon enough the sparks of rebellion had been lit in a more fiery arena. Disorder reigned within city and countryside until the sage found a way to quell our passions, to save the Norwin from themselves. “

“The Change? “ the spy asked, scarcely believing that the drug responsible for enslaving the men of Earth could have also caused the downfall of the Norwin females. “It began with a plant from the wilds of Homeworld, which we carry with us now on the journey. “ the giantess lectured absently. “ It removed the inclinations from within our bodies to make war. But it also altered what male dared take it, affecting outwardly in them what it only changed within among the women. Soon enough we found it dulled other parts as well. “

Hagna paused in her lessons as a quick eye spied the bottle she was after, just in front of Trish’s hand. “Take hold of that one, and the one just behind it. We’ll see Ranan through to a successful birth yet ... “

So many questions ran through the soldier’s mind, filled with the Hows & Whys of this revelation. Hopefully, through supposition, what processes were arrested could be countered by this drug which Hagna coveted. But while Colonel Stevenson lacked the scientific expertise to figure out the process of this counter-agent, she knew that evidence of its’ existence would change the nature of the invasion forever!

Betrayals & Bravado;

“By the word of a traitor, we will crush the resistance in a single decisive strike? “ Gendal was stunned by this revelation, even as his lord and mentor grinned with the confidence of a hand which assuredly trumped all others. “How, & Who? “

“One who might have more to gain through defeat then by any impossible victory over us. “ Jondar answered, stroking his thick fiery beard as the clean faced youth faced his own inner turmoil. “She initiated the communication, indeed she was most eager to meet, to discuss rewards for such betrayal. “

“Which we won’t fulfill? “ Gendar added, thinking of Kamal and how she must go with Jondar once this conflict was resolved. Had she loved him? Could she have ever joined herself to the instrument of her own peoples downfall? “

“I thought you understood by now, Gendar. “ scolded the elder. “Betraying a traitor? How can trust be found there? No, we use this woman and then we break her. There is no other way to deal with such deceit. “

“How soon? “ asked the governor, even as he thought he spied a shadow moving beneath the door to the outside hall.

“As soon as an additional force is called in to make the trap complete, when she next contacts us. No longer than two weeks, at the most. “ Jondar confirmed.

“That soon. “ the young warlord echoed, the suspicious shade gone even as his ruler looked at the acolyte with a cool curiosity. “You’ll be ready? “ demanded the elder with a hard tone even as Gendar smiled softly.

“I will. “ He answered confidently. “For whatever may come. “

*

Unaware of the events set into motion, headed toward a convergence of sorts down the road, Aaron knew only her own misery as she lazed upon the table rock outside the Tyner settlement.

It was early morning, the others sleeping as the sun just peeked above the rocky horizon behind the fem-male. But since slumber for her tormentors meant freedom for Aaron, she was always the early riser. Better to find some solitude away from the sexual servitude she’d been forced into ....

“I’m sorry. “ she turned at the soft apology, the former officer somewhat surprised but not unhappy to find James Turner standing respectful at the edge of the small clearing. Aaron hadn't seen much of Diane’s father since their protectors had gone missing, the full figured fem-male not very active among Madam Madeline’s chattel. “I ... I was hoping to find you, but if you want to be alone. “

“Please. “ Aaron sighed. patting the place beside her. “There’s enough of that inside without one of us doing it all the time. “

James, conservative by Tyner standards in her modest polka dot sundress, plopped heavily down, making her friend smile with a very feminine toss of her fiery mane. “It’s getting to be a habit around here, doesn't it? “ she chuckled. “But it has it’s uses. “

Aaron could see a glimpse of the daughter in the feminized lines of that amused face, a rosy cheeked mask which effectively hid the father James Turner once was. “Does it? “ she answered bitterly, the tone duly noted by her companion.

“Well enough to cool the hormones of those horny bastards in our Happy Buggered Band. “ James chided Aaron lightly. “They like a girl to do something in the sack, not just lay there like a lump. And it helps at other times as well ... “

The former leader of the failed Ares mission frowned at the rebuke, even while Turner assumed the proverbial look of that cat which had eaten the equally proverbial canary. “James ... “ she warned, so obviously annoyed that Diane’s father giggled even as she nodded in concession.

“It helps in that no one notices you until they want something. Sex ... or something. But you do hear things no one else is supposed to. “ James paused for dramatic affect, laughing inside as Aaron rolled her pretty eyes. “ Like a private conversation between Madame Bradley and one of her followers? “

“A conversation about what? “ asked the ex-Colonel. “About betrayal, about selling us out to the enemy. About using our own communications tower to let the supreme leader of The Norwin locate the last of the resistance cells, on the East Coast at least. “ James told her incredulous ally.

“Madeline wouldn’t do that, even to further her own ambitions ... would she? “ Aaron hesitated to even consider that the First Lady might turn traitor to the whole of Humanity, no matter how ambitious her dreams of power had become. “What would she hope to gain? “

“Why don’t you go ask her? “ James shot back with a suddenly fierceness that took the both of them by surprise. “It’ll be just like one of those secret agent films, where the villain spills the whole plan? Except for the part where you’re the Bond girl instead of the hero. But give it a try. “

“Okay, okay. “ Aaron responded somewhat sheepishly. “But even if you heard right, what can we do about it? The Norwin kinda took care of our will to fight ... “

“I’m hoping that so long as we don’t challenge Madeline head-on, we might be able to be more covert in our rebellion. “ explained the other fem-male softly, listening for the sounds of a colony waking behind them. “Um ... I don’t suppose you could keep Madame President distracted for abit? “

“Distracted? “ Aaron didn't like the way James was looking at her. “Even if I could, what do you plan on doing while this is going on? “

“Making a phone call of my own. “ Turner shot back, seeing understanding in those bright eyes of her co-conspirator, even as they reflected fear and doubt in what the fem-males were preparing to do.

*

They traveled the extreme peripheries of Tyner from the North-East and headed South, a band of eight humans who followed an erratic path toward their destination somewhere in the hills above the town, hoping to avoid detection from the curiously infrequent Norwin patrols. These survivors of the alien occupation had come out of hiding in response to a message.

“We have movement several yards up the trail. At least three persons. “ whispered the scout upon her return from recon.

“Norwin. “ ventured the team leader, the other coolly shaking her head ‘No.’ “One looks to be a Norwin but the other two are human. “

“That’s really weird. “ rejoined the head of the expeditionaries. “If it were a search party, why not a larger force? And why two humans to one Norwin? “

“And there’s something else. “ the scout added quickly. “All three are definitely female, and we know that neither the enemy’s women or the fem-males ever venture outside of town. “
“Can you tell where they’re headed? “

“They’re staying to cover, for the most part,“ the advance guard answered. “ but they appear to moving on our target. “

“Then we have no choice. “ sighed the leader. “We need to intercept therm as quickly as possible. “

*

As the expedition moved in to overtake the odd trio, the unexpected came at them as they found the pursued patiently waiting for them alongside the trail. One of the humans, deceptively trashy in her floral bandeau top and skimpy denim shorts, sported a wide grin and an expression of tired intelligence from beneath the honey blonde tousle.

Her unmistakably Arabian companion had the downcast beauty of the feminized male, and the towering giantess was Norwin, with upset and strong fear alternating across her broad attractive features as the apparent leader openly laughed at the stunned expressions of the hunters.

“Took you long enough to decide to come after us. “ she chided them, only to have surprise thrown back at her by a young woman, who wore both a fond smile on her face and a stiff cast upon her right arm as she came forward. “Some of us aren't as quick as you in spotting the obvious, Colonel Stevenson. “ laughed a much relieved Diane Turner, even as her mentor’s eyes opened wide in delight.

“You’re worst for the wear... “ Trish countered with a skeptical eye on the teen’s still deep bruises about her face, neck, arms & legs. “... and far from the settlement, what’s happened? “

“Aside from Madame Machiavelli’s little surprise for me on my way to the tower, I haven’t a clue. “ Diane remarked sardonically. “But don’t ya think we should find some place less open to discuss this? “

“A good idea, “ Trish admitted, even as she caught Hagna standing as if poised for flight. “if you don’t mind me taking point. But first I have to talk to our Norwin guide. “

“It suits me fine. “ the teen shot back with a soft smile. “Though you’ll have to clear it with our team leader. “

Colonel Stevenson nodded absently, even as she approached the giantess with a gentleness borne from understanding just how lost Hagna was feeling right now. “You lied, girl. “ the towering alien accused her former slave. “You said that Jondar would be waiting for us. “

“I did. “ Trish confessed with a slight apology in her voice. “And that’s the last time, I promise. But you have to come with us now. I will let no one hurt you, if you behave ... understood? “

Hagna lowered her eyes in consent, for the moment, perhaps only waiting on Trish’s reassurances. That settled, she gave the Norwin female over to Diane and some others before approaching the head of the expeditionaries, a lean bespectacled young man in worn military fatigues. “You’re the leader of this crew? “ she asked politely, seeing a shock of recognition in the others’ eyes. “And you’re Colonel Stevenson. “ the oddly guilty tone catching her ear.

Suddenly the voice and the face struck a cord, taking Trish back to that day aboard the shuttle Ares. A downcast and abused Colonel Christopher, a largely smirking crew with the exception of .... “Corporal Davis? “ she ventured incredulously.

“Yes, ma’am. “ he confirmed in open contrition, a deep blush about his face even as the young man from West Virginia smartly saluted the petite overexposed woman. “Serving my penance, of sorts, with these fine folks from Pikesville. “

“Which remains to be seen. “ Trish retorted smartly before softening considerably before the shamed soldier. “We need to get to cover right now, and I know the area fairly well ... “

“We’re yours to command, Colonel. “ Davis responded, eager to make amends to her, though they both knew that she wasn’t the one he needed with make things right with. “About frigging time. “ was what she thought, though outwardly Trish fell back into that stoic demeanor of authority which was once hers so long before. With the barest nod, the unclothed officer took the point, leading the group toward a possible sanctuary some distance to the East.

*

Corporal Davis had seemed bemused in the Colonel’s choice for a safe haven while Trish’s young acolyte appropriately whistled ‘School’s Out For Summer. ‘ as the team ended up in an abandoned High School.

Making sure a perimeter was established, she told the young soldier that the Norwin appeared to have no use for the building, perhaps since the invaders were Users rather than Innovators.

“All their technology is centuries old, the skills needed to use it passed down by rote, father to son. “ she explained. “What advantage this gives them, still they can’t improve upon it ... “

“Whereas we can. “ Davis responded. “If we could get hold of something useful against them. “ Trish amended lightly, blushing prettily as she pulled a small vial from the belt line of her skintight shorts. “What do you make of this? “

“What is it? “ asked the man, staring intently at the container of this oddly shaped flask. “I’m no scientist ... “

“Neither am I, “ confessed his superior sheepishly. “which is why I need to get this to someone who can figure out just how to use this counter-agent against the Norwin. “

“I think I know who, “ Davis told her, obviously pleased with himself. “ and he’s closer than you’d guess, in Pikesville. I’ll find a volunteer to get this to him ... “

“Get him to come here instead, with as much equipment as he can carry, ASAP. “ Trish shot back sharply. “If the courier gets captured or hurt, our only sample would be lost. “

“You sound as if we’re on a deadline. “ the Corporal softly smiled, losing it at the stern expression on her lovely face. “We are. “ she told him, even as she glanced toward the stoic fem-male, Kamal Bashir.

If the Syrian spy’s information was true, there was scarcely two weeks left for the remaining free humans to figure out just to save their people from eventual extinction!

“Jez, Trish. “ interjected Diane with a straight face, even as she glanced over at the Arabian fem-male with an odd look. “You sound so dire. “

The Colonel blinked at this, but got the joke as the others chuckled appreciatively. She suddenly realized just how much she’d missed this girl, impulsively taking her hand even as Corporal Davis coughed slightly.

“Uh, I’ll see about that courier, ma’am. I’m sure that Ms Turner can see you outfitted proper. “

The point was there, even without the cheerful smirk on the teen’s face. “I’ll take the outfit, and you can fill me in on what I missed. “ Colonel Stevenson said, while the girl rummaged about in her pack for spare clothes.

*

“Gendal. “ Jondar intruded upon his acolyte’s musings and his office, the latter deeply tired from the organizing of the personnel which would soon enough bring the battle back to the twice cursed rebel faction which had brought such misery to their Norwin masters.

“My Lord. “ answered the youth formally as the elder glanced about the office. “Our plans come together. We await further word from the traitor? “

“Indeed. “ Jondar responded absently, even as his roving eyes took in the entire room at a glance. “Where is your consort? “

“My consort? “ Gendal felt a thrill of fear come over him at the abruptness of his lord’s question. “You mean Kamal? She’s not my ... “

“I hadn’t seen her about for some time. “ the other remarked pointedly. “Curious for a creature you find so fascinating, to go missing like this. “

“She’s about, on errands. “ lied the governor, not knowing why he did. “But she’s a fem-male, after all. Not good for much beyond labor and loving. “

There was some doubt in his master’s face, for a fleeting moment, before Jondar bowed his head, turning to the map on the wall. “Of course ... Loving. But we've more important things to consider than mislaid Chattel. Once our pieces are in place, that single call from the traitor is all we need to make a final decisive strike against the free factions in this land. “

But even while Gendal outwardly supported Jondar, inside his spirit was sick, left to wonder what would ultimately happen to Kamal and those stubborn Earthers she called her kin.

Revelations, Revolution, & Resolution;

‘Sex as Power. ‘ Madeline Bradley wondered how there was ever a time when she thought it to be true, seeing the recruits it gathered to her camp. Weak willed wannabes, basking in the shaky authority which had become the First Lady’s through her husband’s stupidity.

But even she conceded, at least in the privacy of her own thoughts, that the real foundations of their tentative survival had been built upon the work of true patriots like General Warren and Colonel Stevenson.

They had brought the best of them through by sacrifice, that same sense of honor and duty which Madeline had used against them. And what was left to her? after Warren had been banished to the Nebraska wilderness and Trish ... wherever the Norwin had chosen to place her.

She knew that even the colonists brought beneath her banner thought the de-facto dictator to be single-minded toward the creation of her own small empire. But they never knew that Madeline would have gladly led them in revolt against the alien overlords at one time, until that same force had shown such power that she understood the only course open was capitulation.

But unlike Tommie, as cowed in her blonde buxom guise as he’d been cunning as a man, Madeline would see her terms met before sacrificing any pieces to Jondar.

“You wanted me? “ the whining indignant voice of Joey Fields interrupted her musings, Madeline knowing that the teen had been spreading falsehoods about their non-relationship, envisioning his role as gofer to his Machiavellian Mistress as that of consort to a queen. As if this gangly boy, spending most of his free time among the Tyner fem-males, could ever hope to become anything even remotely resembling a man ...

“You could at least bath afterwards. “ she scolded him angrily, the scent of sex strong in the air as Joey pushed his glasses up off his narrow nose, giving his idol a cocky grin. She shut him down easily, her eyes becoming disdainful slits as she added. “And don’t even think of continuing your lies about your sexual conquests ... Mr. Fields. “

“I ... I didn’t mean. “ stammered the child, even as the woman idly dismissed it. “I want something else from you, Joey. I need you to go out to the tower again. Give this note to Hank and have him transmit the message at once. Wait for a response and bring it back to me, all right? “

At the downcast look in the boy’s eyes, Madeline pondered whether she should rethink including him among the exiles she’d planned to take with her as part of the pact with Jondar. Was Joey Fields the type of breeding stock that Ms Bradley wanted to keep the human race alive? Perhaps Trish hadn't been too far wrong in wishing him dead.

“Joey? “ she asked, perhaps more harshly than she’d intended, for he was a loyal puppy in his own way. The face regained some of it’s former cunning, but still she might have use for it later on ... “You’ve been with Aaron quite alot, haven’t you? “

“Yep. “ was the short gleeful response, the little perv’s eyes twinkling from some private deviant fantasy. “How is she these days? Not just as a lay, I mean. “ Madeline questioned him, ignoring his tented pretense and flushed excitement.

“That little bitch is finally broken, and real enthusiastic. “ Joey gushed openly. “Without the Colonel ... I mean Trish and her girls to hold her back, Aaron’s turned into a real Ho. “

Madeline affected a mask of mild disinterest, while she wondered at just how real a whore the once feisty fem-male had become. Tommie thought the former mission commander abit distant during their infrequent play-time, and she’d been seen hanging with that frigid fem-male, Jamie Turner.

“Uh, that’s just fine. “ she temporized, shaking her head to clear it of these vague concerns. Both Jamie and Aaron were belled males, frightened little kittens along side the true females. What remained of their past lives could little affect her plans for the future of Earth. But still, Madeline felt that persistent tug of concern, yet she was unable to picture any threat upon which to hang her uncertainty.

*

And while Madeline sought to quell the whispers of discontentment, her antithesis of dictatorial authority faced her own concerns as Colonel Stevenson worked with Corporal Davis and his people to better expedite the arrival of the scientist from Pikesville. But even with this anticipated counter from the Norwin fast approaching, Trish was fighting her own demons on two fronts.

First was the fact that Madeline had tried to kill Diane. Trish hadn't seriously considered how important this girl had become to her, raised as the officer had been in the largely patriarchal world of her military family. But the slow rage within made Trish realize just how lonely it had been, her own womanhood reigned in for sake of advancement among the good old boys. That it took an alien invasion to help her realize this, an attack which struck so squarely at the heart of gender itself, it tickled her sense of irony somehow.

But even while Trish reveled in this newfound nurturing vibe, it raised some concerns as she closely watched her protegee working with Kamal.

Diane was all smiles around everyone else, even Hagna who was gradually accepting the fact that none of the humans seemed inclined to want her head. However, the fiery haired youth affected an angry air toward the Arabian fem-male, Kamal actually looking on the verge of tears at this rude treatment.

But as Trish was at a loss to either explain it or intervene in the increased bullying of the Syrian siren, finally a one sided confrontation forced the issue when Diane openly berated the fem-male in front of the team.

“Can’t you even follow simple directions?! “ the yelling began as Trish was in the sciences wing of the school, tinkering with some equipment before being interrupted by a crash and a shrill voice which echoed down the long hallway in the direction of the cafeteria. “Did The Change take your brains along with your dick?! “

If there was a response, Trish didn't hear it as she raced toward the source of the disturbance, heads popping out of doors as the strident voice got even louder. “I don’t care! No one made you the boss anyway! Were you the boss in bed?! With the enemy?! “

Diane stood over a cringing crying Kamal, red-faced and raging before the fem-male who was sprawled upon the smooth tiled floor of the cafeteria amidst a mess of food, silverware, and ceramic. “Stupid traitorous ... ! “

“Diane! “ Trish shouted from the doorway, seeing a livid hand shaped brand on Bashir’s left cheek even from a distance. “Stop this! Now! “

“But she ... ! “ stammered the girl as her mentor softly took a step toward calming the upset before her. “Diane? This is over. Whatever happened, it’s done. But I need to talk with you, and Kamal. “

“But she ... “ the continued protest died easily with a shake of Trish’s head, a sad humor flitting briefly cross her lovely face. “You know the drill, kid. Come with me ... please? “

She said not a word, walking with them past a gauntlet of the curious toward the administers’ offices. Once inside, the pair properly subdued and seated in over-sized leather chairs, Trish allowed herself a sigh before letting into Diane.

“Young Lady, I don’t know why you’ve been after Kamal, but it stops right now. “ she chastised without anger, but Diane might well have been hit as she slumped sullen in her chair. “I don’t like workin with traitors. “ she muttered rudely, earning a raised brow from the officer.

“You what? “ asked the elder woman, Diane practically shouting as she said. “I Don’t Like Working With Traitors! “

Trish glanced at the former commander but Kamal showed no surprise as Diane spared only a glaring look toward the object of her derision. “She betrayed Aaron aboard the Ares and let the crew rape her. She gave aid and comfort to the Norwin, and probably great sex ... “

“And she’s paid for it all, every moment since the Change first took her. “ interrupted Trish harshly. “Understand some truths, young lady. Kamal did what she did aboard the Ares because she loved Colonel Christopher, long before you did. What happened afterwards wasn't entirely her fault either. “

“How did you know? About Aaron, I mean.“ Kamal asked, a great respect in those exotic eyes which softened Trish’s mood. “From the way you carried yourself after. Stoic, my ass. “ chuckled Colonel Stevenson. “I don’t think Kerry Graham had to work that hard to get at the truth, do you? “

Allah forgives, eventually. “ Kamal agreed contritely. “But not in this lifetime, perhaps not for several lives as well. I've much to answer for. “

“And you will, in time. “ Colonel Stevenson admitted. “But we can’t have this sorta nonsense work the will of the Norwin, better than any invasion force ever could. You can see this, can’t you? “ she asked Diane, grateful to see a thoughtful expression overcome that blind rage.

“I’m not sure that I do. “ the girl answered meekly. “But if you want, I’ll try to shelve it for the time being. “

As always, the teen managed to surprise her mentor, even as approaching voices outside the office distracted the trio from their discussion. And as the officer opened the door to the hall, she saw Corporal Davis coming toward her, the specialist from Pikesville beside him. At once Trish knew the field scientist, even as his expression reflected a mutual recognition, yet another of the Aries crew, Chen Woo.

His narrow eyes sparked with a mild humor, taking in the flushed expressions on Diane and Kamal’s faces before turning his attention toward the Colonel. “Am I interrupting something? “ he quipped.

“Nothing that can’t wait until later. “ Trish admitted, idly caressing the back of her acolyte’s right hand to let her know all was forgiven. She extended an open palm to Chen who took it in his deceptively delicate one, giving the senior officer a solid but comfortable handshake.

“I've brought as much equipment as I could balance on the back of a tri-bike, “ he chuckled. “though it made those last few miles pretty hairy, trying to avoid the attentions of some Norwin patrol ships. “

His voice suggested a closer encounter than Woo would have wished, Trish letting him see gratitude within a spontaneous and very feminine smile, which raised eyebrows among her crew, all used to her usual dire expression. “We appreciate the effort, can you help? “

“You have something for me to test, I understand. “ he countered, instantly business-like and severe. Colonel Stevenson handed him the vial and the scientist at once lightly turned it to reflect the poor light through the crystal, Chen squinting so much that one would have thought him blind.

“It’s used mostly on Norwin women. “ Trish explained. “From Hagna, I got that it instigates at least a temporary recovery from some variation of The Change visited upon their female population centuries ago ... “

“Not a reagent. “ the absent remark betrayed the scientist’s peaked interest, already running through experiments in his mind. “If it’s a catalyst which needs something specific to act on, something alien ... too bad we have such a tiny sample. “

“Hagna didn't use more than a few pin drops diluted in an ordinary glass of water, I think. “ interjected the other officer, Chen rolling his eyes with good natured annoyance. “So much for field observation. Keep your day job, Colonel. We’ll just have to make do with what we've got on hand ... “

“Which isn't much. “ confessed the woman, even as she escorted the specialist to the science wing where the survivors had been hard at work. “Fairly primitive and low power to keep from alerting the enemy to our presence ... “

“It’s been awhile since I've engaged in High School Science. “ he shot back, over-riding her concerns with a verbal dismissive wave. “But let’s see what happens, shall we? I’ll need at least a couple assistants to wash flasks and hand me chemicals ... “

“I think, “ Trish affected a wicked smile, even her soft eyes flitted to where Diane and Kamal stood idle for the moment. “I have your volunteers right here. “ she teased.

*

Apart from some earlier acts of rebellion under the reign of the Norwin, for the most part the World waited, though for what, they had no idea. Yet there was a tension within even the most placid communities, as if an invisible communications net sent signals unreadable by their alien victors that a strong response was soon coming.

*

True to his word, Chen gave both his helpers a crash course in scientific procedures, Kamal displaying a surprising level of retention even under the chemical yolk inflicted upon the fem-male by The Change. Still, while accounting for her youth, Diane was not far behind the former officer in grasping the more technical aspects of his research.

But for all his pretense of a detached observer, the girl spotted Woo giving his former superior looks of pity. That, more than anything else, created a subtle change within the core of anger inside her, startling the teen as she sought to gain some insight into Kamal’s struggle.

For her part in the ongoing confusion between them, Bashir had nothing but admiration for Diane. Clearly she cared deeply for Aaron , but was taken back by Colonel Stevenson’s defense of this alleged betrayer of Humanity in general and Colonel Christopher specifically.

She had not done her best by her friend and comrade in combat, still Kamal hoped that in explaining herself to this child, she might correct that mistake which precipitated the fall of the invasion’s first fem-male in this lop-sided conflict. During one of their infrequent breaks, the Arabian beauty sat heavily beside Diane in the quiet of the office and sighed.

“In answer to your question, Yes I loved Aaron as a brother and later as a sister. Yes, in trying to protect this new girl from all I knew she would face, I erred grievously in my anticipation of what she was going through, what she needed at that time to sustain some sense of dignity and self-respect. “ Kamal remarked lightly, not looking at his companion who answered with silence for several minutes.

“Your crew raped her. “ Diane murmured. “You took away her command and then everything else. “

“And I could say that was the pheromones from The Change, but it was more. “ her tone was insistent, almost pleading in such a way that asked for understanding, something she’d not demanded from anyone before, not even her Norwin lover. “That I presumed to teach Aaron truths which was not my province, not my role to teach anyone, what it is to be either Man or Woman. That I hoped if she were to accept fully what she’d become, I could better protect her from those who would use her. “

“And then you used her. “

“I did. “ agreed Kamal, forced by the strong will of this child to finally look Diane square in the face as she said this. “And I now understand that it isn't Allah that I need ask forgiveness from ... “

It came unbidden, this shift in Diane’s stony expression to a sad thoughtfulness even as an odd smile formed. “Could you tell me more about you and Aaron? “ she asked abruptly, her hand touching Kamal’s in a light almost conciliatory gesture which made the other tear up unexpectedly. “From the beginning? Before any of this shit happened, I mean. “

Kamal grinned openly at the happier memories this casual request brought to mind, entwining Diane’s fingers in hers as she told of the friendship of men, and in the telling something dark was lifted from her soul.

Trish was honestly more than a little worried as she went looking for the absent pair, both Diane and Kamal gone missing from the labs just as Chen seemed on the edge of a breakthrough. But where the soldier thought she’d find a repeat of that earlier scene played out in the cafeteria, Colonel Stevenson was astonished to hear laughter from behind closed doors in the administrator’s office.

Far from the crisis she anticipated, Trish discovered the fem-male and her lab buddy sitting cross-legged on the plush beige carpet, acting like the Giggle Twins.

“So, soldier? would that be Metric or American? “ snorted Diane appreciatively as Kamal nodded. “And the customs officer was so confused by what Aaron was putting on the table to declare, the rebels having already stripped us down of anything useful, he finally just waved the two nude men through without further comment. “ she chuckled, thinking on the rather sizable erection which Colonel Christopher had laid down in that cold stone building.

As she finished her narrative, Kamal spied Trish watching them through the half closed gap behind Diane, comforted as the woman gave her a smile of confidence before shutting the door on them.

“Did you find my aides? “ asked Chen, coming up behind Colonel Stevenson just as she turned to leave the chatty couple in peace. She nodded slowly, seeing an excited look in the scientist’s eyes. “Would it hurt to give them a few more minutes? “ asked Trish, the specialist grinning widely as he handed his superior a test tube filled with a light amber fluid.

“You could, but I think they might like to see the results of our hard work. “ he crowed, obviously pleased with himself.

“Is this a counter to The Change? “ asked Trish, Chen shaking his head. “Something better, something which can be almost anything we want, now that I’ve nailed down what it is and how to use it. Can you call everyone together? I feel a lecture coming on. “

*

He was very very pleased with himself, standing before the assembly as Woo calmly read from some hastily scribbled notes.

“First of all, I’d like to tell you what this drug isn't. “ Chen Woo was looking Trish’s way as he said this. “It isn't a manufactured chemical, or a virus or bacteria. It is totally alien in the specifics of its’ makeup, and supposed origins in a plant uprooted from the Norwin Homeworld. “

“Not from a plant. “ the Colonel repeated, wondering if anything Hagna told her was true.

“Not from within the plant, but living on the plant, perhaps drawing certain properties from it’s host. “ the field scientist told her. “The exact relationship is unknown, but what we do understand is gleaned from how the organism acts upon a variety of growth mediums. “

“Which means what, exactly? “ demanded Stevenson, wishing the enthused researcher would just get to the point.

“It is alien, so the specifics are vague, yet it is not that dissimilar to Yeast. “ he confessed, looking almost embarrassed by this revelation. “It is contrary to any Terran version in that it multiplies fast and furious within almost every solution, just so long as the moisture is there, eager to soak into all known saturated material. This means that the space-yeast can breach any protective garb we have on hand, it simply invades the pliable fabric and then continues on into the flesh beneath. “

“And then what? “ pressed the other officer.

“And then it concentrates upon the parts of the body responsible for releasing sex specific hormones. In The Change, it arrests the instigation of certain changes within prepubescent females, but only those specific to development of secondary characteristics. In men & boys, well, we find the near total eradication of all masculine properties. “ he told her, at which point there was slight confusion among the expeditionaries.

“So, we have sterile women and impotent males? “ this from Diane which earned her an ‘Atta-Girl. ‘ nod from her mentor.

“Which brings us to the drug which Colonel Stevenson brought us. “ Chen answered happily, obviously pleased with her quick mind. “If the Norwin didn’t administer periodic doses of the counter, this would be the case. Yet they were somehow able to develop functional breeders without negating the other affects of The Change. “

“Sounds pretty dire. “ Diane responded, even Hagna smiling softly amidst the mild laughter from her Earth captors. “So what’s the good news? “

“That The Change only works its’ magic if given before a girl’s first menstrual cycle, something keeps The Change inactive long enough for the body to flush it harmlessly out. That while it suppresses the natural processes within all lactating females, it doesn't eliminate them so the counter can temporarily reactivate them. “ he explained cautiously.

“And is there something in all of this that can help us now? “ the Colonel asked, seeing Chen absurdly cheerful as he set aside his notes.

“Your point about The Norwin being users got me thinking. “ he said. “What did they miss in their manipulation of these seemingly opposite drugs? The answer came out in the quick replication of both The Change and the counter. Consider that they both come from the same source, thus are extremely malleable in nature ... “

“Which means they can be altered, by us. “ crowed Diane, squeezing Kamal’s hand even as the scientist ventured a caution. “To a limited degree. We can’t reverse the more extreme affects, the outward physical transformation of the fem-males or the damage to their specific organs. But if we can prompt the production of other hormones ... “

“As we might in the Norwin females. “ Trish added, as much to the astonishment of Hagna as the humans at such a suggestion. “If they would be willing to help us stop this madness before more are hurt, on either side. “

“Why? “ there was so much concern and fear to that single word, yet Trish was uncertain as to just what her former keeper was asking. “Why? Why fight? “ she shot back.

“Why would you help your conquerors? “ inquired Hagna stiffly, and in that instant Colonel Stevenson saw the vast gap between them. Tradition entrenched, a cultural atrophy which crippled these people with every world they overran. That no matter how successful they seemed, the species was doomed to fall. But not before taking the human race with them.

“Because we might be able to save two clans, if we can stop the few responsible for all of this. “ she answered simply, watching the uncertainty in the giantess’ eyes become one of odd resolve. “What can I do to help? “ asked the alien.

“Ask not what your planet can do for you ... “ murmured Chen softly, all ready with his list of just how the earnest Norwin female could help.

*

And at that moment, hope and salvation seemed nowhere in sight for an unclad fem-male as she sought solitude upon that flat table rock outside the colony cave. Ever since Aaron had agreed to James Turner’s plan to act as sexual distraction for both her teen tormentor and his Machiavellian mistress, the acts which Joey visited upon her only increased in intensity and degradation.

Madeline only wanted her alive and properly submissive as the colony whore, she never specified that the former colonel had to be unmarked, only able to receive the advances of any male who wanted her ... “Hey. “

James was there, slightly taken back by Aaron’s nudie show, yet the extensive bruising along the other fem-male’s inner thigh and about each side of her reclining breasts gave her an idea why. Still, she affected a soft smile, happy to finally have some good news to give the abused girl.

“Hey back. “ Aaron tried for a cheerful tone, yet it came out wrong. Still, she found the understanding in her co-conspirator’s eyes far more comforting than any false attempt at ignoring her sad state. She patted the space next to her and Turner plopped down upon the smooth top, a friendly hand lightly caressing the battered fem-males’ shoulders. “Things go all right at the tower? “

“Better than all right, I’d think. “ remarked the other. “The expeditionaries are plotting something big, tho I don’t have the details yet. It’s probably better that you don’t know too much about that ... “

“Because I’m too close to Madeline and Joey, I understand. “ interrupted Aaron bitterly, feeling her impotency as deeply as the bruises which tarnished her ivory skin. “We can’t risk any slips at this point in the conspiracy ... “

“There is some good news I do want to tell you. “ chuckled James, earning a suspicious look from her companion. “Our chances of actually winning have increased since Diane ran into some old friends. “

“Trish? “ she wouldn’t dare hope it was true, that the wayward officer, her savior, had actually made it out of bondage ... “And she brought a Norwin female and some rescued fem-male with her. She said you’d know her, someone named Camel? “ teased James.

Uncertainty clouded Aarons’ youthful face as she absently corrected James, “Kamal, Kamal Bashir, my second in command aboard the Ares. “ Diane’s feminized father having the good graces to blush deeply.

“Anyway, there’s someone else, I think he’s from your old crew as well. A Chen Woo? “ if James was trying to salvage the awkward moment between them , she succeeded as the other brightened up considerably.

“If he’s involved then we do have a chance. A better chance then we've had in a long time. “ she declared, knowing well enough that the scientist would relentlessly dedicate himself to what problem he was given til a solution was found. She lounged in comfortable silence for a bit, til the pair heard a restless colony slowly coming to life behind them.

“They’re waking up, finally. “ Aaron commented lightly, reluctantly reaching for her tight shorts and checkered blouse. Joey had been feeling a little bit country, beating his ride til she almost felt like that proverbial dead horse. “So, where do we go from here? With the plans, I mean. “

“Diane said we can expect another call, no later than tomorrow around noon , “ James told her with confidence. “and then we can give the Norwin their own wake-up call. “

*

“Time to wake up, ma’am. “ that mild voice almost in her ear, shook Colonel Stevenson from a pleasantly humorous dream concerning Aaron Christopher and herself. The vision was soft focus, like some cheesy romance movie, as Trish stood near the altar within a grand cathedral with high gently curved arches which rose to a peak above her, the low organ music resonating with perfect pitch throughout.

She chuckled at the almost operatic version of ‘There’ll be Some Changes Made. ‘ sung by a boys choir with a youthful androgyny to the rows of faces in angelic white robes. Trish herself wore immaculate military dress, with crisp starched slacks and deep polished black leather shoes, a mans shirt and jacket, with a minister on her right and Dad on her left.

“Colonel, This is your wake-up call. “ insisted her father, the gentle sag of his jowly face crinkling with laugh lines. “At least you know that you picked the right girl ... “ he continued nonsensically and Trish followed his gaze toward the long red carpet to where a blushing bride walked toward them.

The fitted corset which tapered down to the gathered dove white fabric, the skirt held out by several layers of petticoats, the long train behind held up by four adorable children, Aaron glowing, his masculine face made up as a proper bride ...

“What? Chen? It’s still dark out. “ murmured Trish unkindly, trading the unreality of her dream for the equally odd waking world.

“You told me we were on a schedule? “ he rejoined mildly, the officer ignoring the momentary drop of his stare to her taut olive T-shirt as she searched for some pants to go over her shorts. “I think the train is about to come into the station. “

“The formula. “ she whispered, the last remnants of the strange dreamscape shaken off as the soldier finally got herself together. Diane, Hagna, and Kamal waited just outside as Chen produced a dark almost syrupy thick fluid in a tiny vial.

“I was right about the speed of fermentation for our happy yeast, very fast so long as we keep it fed, and it responded as I’d hoped to the new code. But I still need ... “ he felt foolish at his hesitation, still Kamal saved her ship-mate from his own good intentions.

“You need to test it on human, or Norwin. “ the dark exotic beauty finished for him, which earned her a cocky masculine grin from the field scientist.

“Just a drop or two per customer. “ he laughed. “And though the affect should be very quick, I’m not quite sure how to tell if it works or not. “

She had already taken the vial from Chen, giving him a sexy quizzical wink. “What kind of chaser? “ asked Bashir, her friends chuckling appreciatively. “Water is fine. “ the researcher answered, a warning almost on his lips but the fem-male had downed the elixir in a single gulp.

There was a pretty wrinkle to her nose, and yet Trish couldn't see any other changes in the disposition of the false female. How the hell were they going to test the effectiveness of Chen’s concoction?

“Didn't work, did it? “ the red haired teen pouted slightly as Kamal smiled sardonically.
“Just about what I would've expected to hear from you. “ she sniped, rewarded by an angry stare from Ms Turner. “What are you talking about? “ growled the youth, immediately antagonistic at this unexpected attack.

“Just that a teen girl tends to jump right to the negative. “ the fem-male shot back with disdain heavy in her voice. “It goes with the hormones, I guess ... “

Trish exchanged a knowing glance with Chen, even as her beloved shadow flashed upon blind rage, swinging an open hand in retaliation to this affront. It never connected, the offender acting almost instinctively as she easily caught the wrist inches from her face, a controlled and quite powerful counter which almost pulled Diane off her feet.

“What the fu .... Hey! “ amazement and delight crossed her face at once, her arm hurting from the mild force of Kamal’s grip. Not once did the fem-male flinch or shy away, cool and at ease with the assault. “You got your groove back! “ she squealed happily.

Colonel Stevenson was only slightly reproachful toward the dusky skinned commander, more relieved at the affect than at Kamal’s clumsy test. “You needed an action to try out your revived hormones ... “

“New hormones. “ Woo explained. “My formula is geared to stimulate production of female hormones, achieve some kind of normal balance. It was easier than trying to fix what was broken in the fem-males ... “

“Does this mean I’m a girl now? “ Kamal mused, more tickled than tortured by what this suggested. “For real? “

“You’re well past puberty, “ chuckled Chen. “but as close as you could get without actually having the right internal plumbing, yes. “

“And this should work with either Norwin or Human physiology? “ Trish asked, giving Chen a very girlish smile as he nodded. “Then we have a fighting chance at last. Here’s what we have to do ... “

*

“What did you expect me to do? “ the whine came even as Madeline backhanded her brat of a helper, Joey disgustingly submissive and confused by her anger.

“I expected you to get that message out before wasting time on your little punching doll! “ she snarled. “In order for there to be a fair trade, in order for our plans to work, Jondar needed those coordinates to direct his diversion away from the expeditionaries. It is necessary to direct them where we want them to go, where the threat can be dealt with effectively. “

“I ... I had Hank sent the coordinates, like you told me to. “ she smacked the runt once more for his lie, the information delayed almost forty minutes after they were supposed to be delivered for transmission. It was likely that whore, Aaron Christopher, was doing her job all too well, almost calculating in her absolute submission to this boy’s violent whims. “You were late, my stupid horny little drone. “

“I was, and it won’t happen again. “ he whimpered, just knowing it was all the fem-males’ fault.

“It won’t, because we’re to receive a final directive tomorrow. “ she explained carefully, those strong intelligent eyes casting daggers his way. “Once that’s happens, it’s end-game for the rebels and a new freedom for any one who’s loyal to me. Are you loyal to me, Joey? “

“Always. “ he whispered, vowing not to be distracted again, but to find Aaron and teach that freakin tart a lesson she wouldn't soon forget.

*

“But I want to go with you. “ Diane sounded a bit petulant, her eager but hurt expression filling Colonel Stevenson with a familiar maternal pain.

“And I’d want the same thing, if possible, you know that. But this assignment is no less important. Both your dad and Aaron are on counting on you to deliver my final message and their cure, right? “ insisted the officer as she touched the girl’s face.

“Sure. “ she muttered unkindly, but Trish was comforted that her acolyte would carry out her instructions to the letter, as zero hour fast approached. Still, even with Corporal Davis and the Colonel leading the Norwin troops on a merry chase, Diane returning to the Tyner colony by another route, there was one thing to be done. If the rest of the world were to rally to the cause, that is. And yet she was confounded as to exactly to accomplish this most dangerous mission.

“We need to find a way aboard the Norwin mother ship, to somehow take out that EMP weapon. It’s the only major obstacle to our taking back the planet, once the cure begins to spread among the affected populace. Any ideas? “ she asked.

“I think there’s someone who can help, “ answered Kamal mildly. “if all our time together means as much as what I hope it did ... “

“You don’t mean. “ Trish eyed the fem-male suspiciously, instinctively wondering if she’d misjudged Bashirs’ loyalties. “She does, and she’s right. “ Diane jumped in. “And it’s the only way we could get anywhere near that weapon. You do know that, right? “

“If he’ll agree, and if your lover doesn't spill everything to Jondar. “ countered the Colonel reluctantly. “But frankly, I can’t see any other options open to us. Take Hagna with you, and please God, let’s hope you read that boy right. “

*

Zero hour fast approaching, and Gendal was more frustrated by what he was not commanded to do rather than this paltry post which his lord had assigned him. Trust had been hard to earn back, and rumors ran rampant among the elite that Jondar might chose another to succeed him. How else to explain this decision for his most devoted servant to coordinate the efforts of a lesser force which did little more than make a lot of noise?

“We stand on the edge of total conquest. “ Jondar had told the room of warlords, his eyes never straying from the blonde haired youth, tho if this attention was meant to damn the boy or raise him up from disgrace, no one knew. “All involved in this final strike against the remaining free humans are of equal importance to the cause, if their instructions are carried out to the letter that is ... “

This was the test of fealty to his father in practice if not in flesh, yet Gendal wondered about that missing factor in determining just how faithful he could be to the ultimate subjugation of Earth. That Jondar openly dismissed the absent fem-male as unimportant to the greater plan, Gendal knew that Kamal was not gone from his lord’s thoughts. But Jondar didn't mention the Syrian siren to his aide, not yet.

So it was that the Norwin youth entered his quarters with these last minute instructions and a growing sense of dread at what lay beyond this last decisive action. Yet even as he closed the door behind him, Gendal knew that he was not alone.

“You were gone from my bed, but not my thoughts, my beloved. “ he murmured somewhat angrily, even as those tiny fingers touched the great expanse of his lightly clothed back.

“Am I your beloved? “ that innocent question had a weight to it which he longed for but never expected to hear from the fem-male, Gendal turning slowly to confront her. Much of her was unchanged, and still there was a fire, an unfathomable strength which burnt strong in the lovely eyes of his consort. “What does that mean to us? “ she demanded softly.

“That I lied for you, jeopardized my position and my future within my clan ... “ he shot back angrily, yet Kamal did not flinch, her gaze still holding a gentle love but also a stern resolve which made him tingle.

“Not quite enough. “ she chided him, though the harshness of her words were offset by a mild understanding. “That you might say you love me, but there’s one more thing you need do to prove yourself ... “

“And what would you promise if I say yes. “ he countered, feeling a flood of relief fill his troubled mind, knowing the answer that each must give. “That I will never leave you again. “ she confirmed, Gendal letting slip a heavy sigh as he nodded.

“And what is this task I must fulfill? “ asked the giant somewhat sardonically of his diminutive love.

“Help me to help my friends stop this war. “ she kissed the Norwin’s chest hard, tempted by his arousal beneath his tight trousers but more in control than she’d felt in months. “If we can aboard your home, disarm the EMP weapon ... “

“I have a better idea. “ Gendal laughed suddenly, feeling those final chains of confusion fall away, giving the boy a clarity he’d not had since the vision of this lovely mirage struck him down in that great desert ... “If you trust me. “

“I trust you. “ she answered with certainty, and they embraced as around the tragic lovers the disparate factions began to move at once.

Fem-Game, The Bait and The Switch;

For Diane Turner, all her anxiety and youthful confusion cleared away at once as the teen expeditionary found two welcome faces waiting for her at the tower. Any remaining doubts as to Trish’s orders vanished in that sweet moment when her father took the girl into soft but still strong arms and wouldn't let go.

“I missed you both terribly. “ she gushed tearfully, smiling gratefully at Aaron who blushed prettily. “Oh, Jez, and I brought something which Trish thinks you both might want at once. “ Diane reluctantly disengaged herself from Dad long enough to rummage about in her sack for the cure.

“Hair of the dog that bit us? “ quipped James as she and Aaron quaffed down the amber liquid, the thickness of it making the younger fem-male cough. But even with a giggle on her lips, Diane heard the sound of a click, the trio turning to see Joey Fields standing with a sneer on his gaunt face and a gun in his right hand.

“This dog still has some bite left. “ he snarled. “You should have stayed dead, little girl. “

The force of the discharge knocked the boy off his feet, but it did the job as his much hated target was spun around by the impact, flung back against the odd tumble of rough metal which made up the radio tower. But even as Turner rushed to her daughter’s side, a lightning quick fem-male crossed the distance with the roar of a lioness protecting it’s cub!

“How ... ? “ a single word of disbelief escaped before the boy found his weapon torn rudely from his grip, several fingers broken in the process as Aaron turned the gun round on her fallen adversary. “Every bitch has her day. “ snarled the battered fem-male as she pulled back the hammer.

“Aaron! Stop! “ the strength in Diane’s voice stayed any final action, Aaron steeling herself to put an end to Joey’s miserable little existence. “She’ll be OK, the bullet glanced off the bone in her shoulder. “ James declared. “Don’t let him turn you into something you’re not ... a murderer. “

“But I am a murderer. “ the former soldier argued forcefully, her eyes never leaving this trembling boy beneath her, his pants stained with the release from fear and arousal. “My job wasn't to kill our enemies with kindness, after all. “

“Your former job. “ Diane said with obvious pain. “But what are you now? Not the man you were, obviously, but perhaps not even the same person inside? “

What was left, after The Change was vanquished? After her hard life had been overturned by the love of these women, Diane, Trish, and Joyce, who’d devoted themselves selflessly to her? The monster cowed before her dwindled in size, shrinking in power until all that remained was a little boy who had only The Change to make him a brutal master over the shackled fem-male. Now Aaron had the power, and the choices which free-will brought with it.

“Tie him up and gag him, we have work to do. “ she said at last, drawing back as Joey collapsed in a near faint.

Diane smiled through her tears, even as she pressed a hand hard against her fresh wound to staunch the bleeding. Together the two fem-males were able to bind the brat up with spare wire, secured to the tower as hundreds of feet below them three groups moved toward a convergence of unexpected consequences.

*

The force under Jondars’ command moved quickly enough, as the distraction to the east sounded, a veil of pink mist descending as a lowered curtain to cut off the retreat of their feeble opposition. Still, while the diversion went off like clockwork, he heard no message from his disgraced acolyte in the interim, nor any definitive signals between the different units involved in this campaign.

“Do we have the rebels in sight? “ demanded the warlord of one of his scouts, his thick fiery beard bristling with discontentment, even as the squad clambered up the narrow switchback to gain the high ground.

“Torin should engage them within the next few minutes, sire. “ this lowly soldier told him with confidence. “They ascend by a faster trail which will cross the rebels path a mile further on. “ the excited youth told him, bright hazel eyes burning with the fervor of approaching battle.

“Gendal must know I punish him now so that other shall praise him later. “ the great leader thought to himself. “When he takes my place, loyalty must be gained through strength, borne from such trials as this. “

Of course the gangly giant who lead in Gendal’s rightful place, a thick headed opportunist like Torin, he need never know that he was simply a tool to bring the heir, this prideful young ram, back into the fold. Still, if Torin did the deed right, perhaps some honor was due the man ...

“When he drives the insurrectionists back, pushes them into the two pronged trap, we finish it here. “ Jondar told his lowly foot soldier.

And in the next few minutes the claw would close, and the Norwin would soon after win the whole of this troublesome planet, or so Jondar thought.

*

The automated alert systems aboard the orbiting colony ship signaled the arrival of a shuttle from planet-side, the sentries standing guard just outside the main hanger more curious than alarmed by it’s unexpected appearance. But if the vessel which settled effortlessly upon the deck raised only a random eyebrow among the males, the pair which emerged from the small craft dropped jaws in astonishment.

“Lord Gendal? “ his presence here was unanticipated, supposed by most to be involved in Jondar’s great campaign far below. That, and the tiny earth female beside him, confused the watch mightily.

“I’m about the business of my lord. “ the stern faced youth told them haughtily, passing quickly by as his fem-male companion followed, straight backed and with a peculiar smile on her lovely face. Not knowing just how to deal with this strangeness, the men shrugged as the odd couple exited the hanger, certain that the story behind this would be told in time. And as the great door slid shut behind them ...

“The business of my lord? “ Kamal asked, grinning wickedly as Gendal half turned at her undisguised barb. “I’ve no time for questions. “ he answered somewhat heatedly. “If we’re to get to the weapons station in time, that is. “

“And how much time is that? “ she couldn't well leave it alone as they exited that familiar mahogany colored, rune decorated corridor into the main body of the ship.

“Too little. “ her behemoth of a beau grunted unkindly. The once bustling vast chamber of the great horned vessel was largely deserted, the majority of its million plus inhabitants distributed to Earth-side stations. Still, those left behind found it an odd sight, this chatty fem-male and her moody Norwin guide.

“Oh, “ she chuckled, the couple ascending a long gentle gradient toward the first level of tiers, set some sixty feet above the communal center. Below them, Kamal could see the altar where her friend had first faced The Change, and the beginning of her humiliation at the hands of those she’d trusted ... “That long. “

Yet, for all his grumbling, the brisk pace of Gendal which Bashir labored hard to keep up with, it took only fifteen minutes for the couple to reach their goal, just beyond a towering stony panel which hummed with power.

“Lord Gendal. “ to his credit, Gendal still held the reins of authority, and he used it on the two Norwin warriors who smartly saluted their stripling superior. “You’re both needed in the main hanger, at once. “ he ordered, smiling softly to himself as they hastened to obey. As the sentries left the spacious operations center, the door swung firmly shut behind them.

“Won’t they alert the others? Or Jondar? “ asked Kamal, even as the youthful giant crossed to where a flat table top screen displayed the surface of the planet below, along with symbols indecipherable to the human.

“I’m hoping that by the time they do, I’ll have done everything I can do. “ he explained, his fingers deftly moving across touch activated controls which brought North America into sharper clarity.

“To stop Jondar? “ Kamal demanded firmly. “To stop his ability to make war by clipping his wings. “ he answered gruffly. “The rest is up to you. “

*

“How easy this will be. “ thought Torin, as their human adversaries fled before the approach of the Norwin patrol, retreating into a narrow gap which he knew to be a dead-end, steep stony walls to either side with no avenue of escape. “Jondar will heap honors upon me, for sure. “

Still, there was something wrong with the ease of this rout, but his men would not be restrained in their heated pursuit of the quarry. And with the onward rush of the soldiery, the trap ahead was not seen until it was too late, the last of their quarry raised out of danger on lowered ropes as behind the Norwin a feminine collective cried out.

*

Jondar was seeking a decisive victory but found widespread confusion instead. Gendal was not with the diversionary force, and there was an odd dispatch from the homeship that he’d come aboard just before the operation began in earnest. Torin failed in his attempt to delay the rebels til the arrival of his lords’ forces, that distant rallying cry of victory all too human and too female for any other interpretation.

“Do we continue on, sire? “ asked his aide, uncomely fear evident at the hesitation in the chieftain’s stance. “Call out to all ships. We know the bulk of the renegades lay before us. I want that area dusted, at once! “ answered Jondar with confidence.

No matter what tricks the remaining free humans played on their betters to stay the inevitable, they’d given away the game by betraying their location ... or so he thought.

*

But Jondar was in for a rude awakening himself as those dusters and smaller patrol ships already airborne found their navigation hopelessly snarled, power systems failing all at once. Those with full payloads could not call up the commands to release their gender altering cargo, fighting sticky controls to make forced landings wherever they could. And once the Norwin ships were grounded, rebel forces overwhelmed them.

In Tyner, a pilot tried to force the controls of his ship which hummed with power but refused to rise even an inch above the ground. The outcome of such interference was not to his like, Norwin warriors enveloped by the pink tinted aftermath as the duster exploded, such a concentrated amount of The Change released that the short distance to the clouds’ periphery was still enough to completely feminize the gasping giants.

And what was there to greet the colossal fem-males, greatly reduced in their once tight vests and trousers, was the entire slave-chattel population waiting with whatever weapons they could scrounge. This new sensation of terror welling up from within the former males was compounded by the sight of a Norwin female at the head of this rebellion as the remaining unaltered soldiery surrendered at once to the angry mob.

“Tyner is under siege, sire. “ the messenger had scarcely delivered the news before being knocked to the ground by Jondar. “Impossible! “ he roared. “There aren't that many free humans for that! Where did they come from? “

“From within, milord. From the fem-males! “

“Madeline, it must be that traitorous bitch. “ he thought, calling out an order to his men to redouble their advance over the top of the ridge. While he’d hoped to overrun the enemy from above, to capture the leader of the revolution itself would serve even better!

*

The First Lady, that cool austere shell shattered by the chaos from without the walls of her shelter, while ignorant of the specifics, knew only that it bode ill for all her plans. Joey had gone missing, the last report of any substance was of an odd uprising within the town itself.

What few followers were at hand she called them to her.

“It’s all falling apart, we have to go. “ Mistress Bradley told them, clear distress evident for the only time since the start of her reign with the fall of Washington DC.
“But ... what about the rest? “ asked a frightened slip of a girl. “We've no time for niceties, “ the flustered woman shot back, already on the lookout for what supplies she could grab up. “we have to leave ... “

“Darn, and I was hoping you’d stay just abit longer. “ came a soft voice from the entrance into the colony, a resurrected reminder of Madeline’s more treacherous actions, a feminine specter come back from the grave to demand satisfaction. “At least until our special guest of honor can join the party. “

The fallen dictator let her hands drop to her side in defeat, even as this unexpected phantom stared with a stern expression at the sheep who one by one stepped away from their once beloved leader.

*

Jondar found the table stone, just where Madeline had said, and the overhang which had long hid the deep dark cavern from his patrols. He motioned his squad to either side of the opening, uncommonly cautious as the Norwin chieftain accepted the invitation to enter in. Elsewhere the sounds of battle were dying down, tho the outcome of the countless skirmishes still largely unknown.

“If this is a trap, sire ... ? “ his aide remarked. “It is, but I need to see her. “ He shot back, moving forward into a spacious living area occupied by three human females. Madeline, with a look of hapless resignation, was flanked by a golden haired beauty with grim continence on her right hand and a fiery haired girl on the left.

“It’s an honor to meet you at last. “ the measured fiercely intelligent gaze was that of an abomination, a warrior’s spirit within the slender but firm feminine figure, that cool humor knowing the cycle had come round with her enemy on the receiving end.

“You are the one who did all of this. “

“And you’re the one who made it necessary. “ her rejoinder was curt as those beautiful eyes took his measure in an instant. “You can stop it with a word, before I’m forced to take it further. “

“I am a warrior, the leader of this clan. “ the giant shot back indignantly, trying hard to contemplate this abrupt and unanticipated turn of events. That a mere female would speak to him thus. “How can you think that I would ... “

“Because the fear is gone and your weapons crippled. “ his equal in bearing if not in gender used a soothing tone which spoke of comprehension if not respect. “Because if you are a true leader, you would not willingly kill your people over something so petty as false pride. What are a million souls weighed against that? “

“And how could I tell them we failed? What promise do I make if I give the word? “ his head was already bowed in surrender even if his tone remained defiant.

“You promise them an end to the wandering, the endless war, a chance to be fruitful and multiply beyond the confines of your ark. “ she answered, smiling with a soft demeanor in the face of his imminent capitulation. “My promise is to act as advocate for the Norwin. That while you and your generals must face the consequences of your actions, the rest will be protected from any retribution, to the best of my abilities. “

“It is against my honor to surrender to a female. “ he sighed deeply and she chuckled with a sad understanding. “Give the word, and we’ll work something out. “

The Return;

It took time to restore order out of the chaos of nearly a year of Norwin rule, fifteen hours from that first surrender in the Americas to the final recall of the last patrol in Outer Mongolia. But with the Norwin fleet grounded, the ability of the aliens to war effectively was limited to increasingly isolated zones as human piloted dusters, equipped with The Cure, were able to quell the half-hearted counter-attacks.

In Tyner, a shuttle returning from the crippled mother-ship scattered the crowd as it sought a landing place in the midst of the milling mob. With some last minute acrobatics, the vessel settled softly down on Main Street, Kamal and Gendel emerging to unexpected applauds.

But the Arabian anarchist wasn't that interested in the accolades, focused instead on a single face in the throng whose bright eyes watched Bashir with an expression she couldn’t quite fathom. Standing near to Aaron Christopher was Diane Turner as well as a mature fem-male who clasped the teenagers’ hand protectively.

Kamal moved forward to meet them, Aaron waiting with stoic expectation as her former friend and colleague blushed slightly.

“You make a great looking chick, Kamal. “ remarked the fem-male in a dead-pan before tearing up as she opened her arms wide in a welcome home which the Syrian siren returned with enthusiasm, all the anger and past offenses forgiven in this joyous liberation from their emotional prison.

For his none too small part in their emancipation, Gendal stood by with uncertainty as to his status among these triumphant humans. Diane quickly took the matter in hand as she gave the colossus a firm hug, letting him knowing his help in freeing Earth would not go unrewarded.

“All’s well then, “ laughed Colonel Stevenson, the officer came toward them with so easy and free a bearing that Diane wondered at the lightness of spirit which filled her teacher. “At least here. Once General Warren arrives from Omaha, and Jondar makes his formal surrender to us, we can begin to sort out this mess and hopefully start Reconstruction in earnest. “

“That’ll be fine then. “ came a wiry voice from behind her, the gently wrinkled merry face of Joyce Wallace greeting them. Trish amazed her companions by pulling the elder woman to her in a hard embrace, her eyes moist as the soldier began to cry. “I’d given you up for dead, damn it! “ she cursed lovingly. “Where were you all this time? “

“Now that is an embarrassing story. “ the oldster chuckled dryly, caressing the younger woman’s locks as a mother would her daughter. “I got lost looking for our wayward girl over there, “ she shot a wink toward Diane who colored prettily. “By the time I reached the bottom of the ridge I’d gone miles in the wrong direction, wandering abit before hooking up with some group from Brea. “

Trish kissed her cheek with laughing lips, so uncertain in the face of such overwhelming emotions that she retreated back to type. “Well, since woodcraft obviously isn't your best suit, I might soon have a safer job for you. I've talked to General Warren and he agreed to it at once. “

“And what’s that? “ asked Joyce, slightly suspicious at the cocky grin which Trish flashed her. “I think you’ll like it. “ Colonel Stevenson assured her.

*

“This is Kerry Graham, reporting for CNN from the lawn of the Mall in Washington DC. A crowd of several million has gathered to hear the words of newly sworn in President Roland T Baxter, responding to the conclusions of the post-invasion committee, chaired by former Pentagon secretary, Joyce Wallace.

“Ms Wallace kept the committee in closed sessions in an undamaged wing of the Capitol Building for twenty straight hours, pouring over transcripts, affidavits, and court testimony from nearly 3000 witnesses, all instrumental in the final coup which forced the surrender of the Norwin regime some three weeks ago ... “

“And she cleaned up rather well, all things considered. “ General Todd Warren turned from the monitor in his Pentagon office, grinning widely at his former aide standing in the open doorway, risen far in the ranks since that fateful day on the tarmac of Edwards.

“In fashion, or career? “ he observed idly, the once independent reporter trading her old scruffy outfits for the styled curl and dark pant suit image of a polished media whore. “Colonel Stevenson, back from the field already? “

“It was more a courtesy than anything else. “ Trish chuckled as she reached out her hand, enveloped by his larger one as he grasped it firmly. “Given my modest involvement in the Kentucky coup, the UN advisory board wanted someone with experience to oversee the relocation of the Norwin civilians. “

“And how did that work out? “ asked General Warren politely.

“In a trial which was conducted independent of the hearings, the matter of former First Lady Madeline Bradley was decided by a civilian jury aided by several Supreme Court justices. Along with a good dozen co-conspirators, she was charged with several counts of treason, a list which could well grant all the death penalty ... “

“Jondar thought exile to be preferable to execution, so we found an island group just west of Borneo suitable to host him and his lieutenants as well as their families. UN peacekeepers will keep close watch til such time as we can establish a more permanent guardianship. “ she shook her head slightly as Kerry continued speculation as to the ultimate fate of the traitorous First Lady. “You heard that Madeline is going with them? “

“The exiles? “ Warren wasn't that surprised. “I suppose we didn't want to start off recovery with more death. Since she decided to share a bed with our enemies, making it a lifetime choice seems a rather suitable punishment. “

“That’s the other thing. “ his former subordinate said with obvious regret. “Speaking of bedfellows, I have to inform you that a military tribunal is investigating just how the normal chain of command was so effectively compromised. Regardless of her relationship with the president, Madeline was never a sanctioned part of that chain. “

“I just got the subpoena this morning. “ Todd murmured thoughtfully. “My name was at the top of the list, I see. Well, we made some hard choices and damned be the consequences. “

“Damned be ... “ agreed Trish, thinking back on her many ill-fated decisions during this crisis. “I’d like to testify on your behalf, if you’ll allow me the honor. “

“I’d be the one honored, thank you. “ he chuckled ruefully, even as images from San Francisco flashed on the screen behind them. “So, what’s next for you? “

“In the meantime, there has been an amazing show of support from previously disenfranchised gender groups, offering help to the millions of fem-males and families whose lives were so violently upturned from The Change. Of immediate concern are the wives and daughters who lost husbands and fathers in the conflict, many unable to reconcile the loss of a paternal life-mate or parent with this new female among them.

“And with the fem-males themselves, once freed of the more crippling affects of The Change, most have had to struggle with a deep sense of dislocation, an frightening awareness of intense isolation from even the most fringe of gender associations. Only time will tell how this will ultimately turn out, but our hopes and wishes go out to all those struggling to find individual identity during the post-invasion days to come ... “

“Some serious leave. “ Trish answered, thinking on a certain fem-male back at her apartment. “Aaron and I are going to visit Dad in Montana for a few weeks. Then maybe I can get a better sense of who I am and what I want. “

“If any of us ever can. “ he returned, understanding that for far too many, the answer might never come, or come too late.

A Lasting Inheritance;

“Mr. Stevenson! That water’s too cold for splashing! “ giggled the petite woman, shaking her freshly cropped sandy hair after suffering the contents of a plastic bucket, drawn from Ft Peck Lake. Her tormentor grinned with wicked glee as his daughter scolded him fondly. “Dad! Not nice. “

The weather was warm enough, even as Aaron lounged back in her small raft, disdainfully regarding the chilly soak which drenched her taut frame completely. She seemed almost a mischievous mermaid, a sorority sister on spring break in her red n white striped swim suit, the single piece doing more to accent her femininity than any bikini. But this was how the former special ops soldier seemed these days.

Trish knew how much coming home meant to her, but she was surprised by how quickly her father and Aaron hit it off. She’d expected an awkwardness at first meeting, but Mr. Stevenson greeted them both with firm hugs once they’d passed through security.

“Colonel Christopher, I’m pleased to meet you at long last. “ gushed the elder man, like some fan-boy before a childhood idol. The fem-male had been as amused and curious as her companion was stunned by her rough n tumble parent’s enthusiasm.

“You know my work? “ chuckled Aaron, even as Jacob Stevenson draped a friendly arm around the two girls.

“Only from what my girl’s boss could tell me, but it was enough to impress. “ answered Jacob cheerfully, guiding the two of them toward the baggage carousel.

After that, Trish felt almost detached from the proceedings, watching with a soft adoration the ease with which Aaron shifted in disposition between the man he’d once been and the boisterous babe who teased her father so relentlessly. For his part in these proceedings, mostly on the receiving end, Jacob handled the seamless changes in manner far better than his daughter ever had.

He traded war-stories with Aaron as two overtly macho comrade in arms might, in the next minute openly complimentary of some feminine action or bit of fashion on her part. Trish found herself constantly yet cheerfully confused by this bipolar play between them.

“Ok, then. Now that Aaron’s all wet, “ Dad’s bad pun rolled off the fem-male like the beads of water on her lycra suit even as Trish groaned. “guess we should put into shore. “

The late afternoon sun shining down from a cloudless sky seemed to pale as the laughing trio drew near to the docks, a familiar couple looking brighter than any star as they waited for the boats to come in.

“Is that ... ? “ Jacob asked. “Yes, it definitely is. “ his daughter answered, grinning with absolute delight as Gendal and Kamal came to the end of the platform, the Norwin offering both hands to the two women. He effortlessly lifted Trish and Aaron onto the hard wood deck, the latter embracing her old friend.

“I thought you two were headed to Syria? “

“Tomorrow. “ answered Kamal with a tranquil humor, sparing a smile toward her beau, looking like some oversize surfer boy in his custom tailored white shorts and wild floral shirt. “I just hoped to see the both of you before then. Maybe catch you up on things that have been happening during your sabbatical. “

“Sure. “ Trish responded with obvious congenial curiosity. “Let’s go up to the cabin and we’ll make lunch. “

Almost two months after and Trish was still astonished at how much had happened since Global Independence Day was written into existence by the UN council just a few days ago. The work on Norwin settlement had advanced far with scores of host countries offering up land and aid toward the reeducation of the aliens.

“Diane is still in Kentucky with Hagna. “ Kamal explained between mouthfuls of salad. If Aaron was ambiguity personified, then his Moslem companion reflected the earth-mother calm of one at home in her feminine skin. Her movement beneath the dove white peasant blouse and faded denim blue miniskirt was far less forceful and controlled, more free. “With James Turner’s consent, her girl and Hagna will move to one of the larger relocation camps in the mid-west, maybe Kansas. They want to work with the women and children specifically, help them come to grip with their own liberation. “

“And you as well. “ Trish added.

“I only hope that the women in my country can learn to be more kind toward our own fem-males, “ Kamal sighed deeply. “ and that the sight of a mixed couple will foster tolerance toward Gendal and his people as well. “

“I think if the Earth is judged by the actions of those around this table, both sides will learn the value of friendship very quickly. “ Gendal remarked cautiously, his head bent slightly to avoid knocking against the ceiling. “And love. “ added his human mistress.

“Amen to that. “ Jacob remarked, looking at both Aaron and his daughter as he said it.
Colonel Stevenson smiled self consciously as she remembered the strange dream. But with so much left to do, could she ever find time enough to discover just how real these feelings toward Aaron were? And yet, as her former charge and current companion touched her hand, Trish vowed that somehow she would make the time.

*

“This is Kerry Graham for CNN News. The headlines for Day 75, Post G.I.D. The assembly of a volunteer global security force has brought under control a wave of violence which has swept several countries during these trying times of reconstruction, largely instigated against Norwin settlements by insurrectionists opposed to any peace accord with the former invaders of our planet. Spearheaded by General Trish Stevenson, the GSF units succeeded in undermining the abilities of these renegade factions to make war.

“In other news, the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland, recently released it’s preliminary findings concerning the world’s fem-male population. While hardly an official census, the rough guesstimate brings the number converted to several million short of half the Earth’s males. With large areas of China, Northern Europe, and Middle Africa still to be counted, the figures may well increase dramatically over time.

“What implications this has for the future of Humanity is uncertain, but several experts consulted by CNN have agreed that Zero Population Growth would be reached within this generation, and we may well see negative numbers in future birth statistics soon after. “

Kamal sighed into her hands before returning to the paperwork on her desk. The homecoming almost ended in disaster as Moslem extremists tried to attack the shuttle as she and Gendal landed in Hama, the new capital of Syria. Only the GSF escort prevented their fiery death before extinguishing both the flames and the sparks of rebellion which prompted it.

And yet progress was there, almost buried in the rubble, in the scores of displaced fem-males and a still growing coalition of sympathetic women willing to risk public disgrace to take them in.

So, Allah had the capacity to be merciful after all as General Stevenson’s peacekeepers settled in, at least until Bashir could successfully urge her people to seek the safer road. And during the crisis Gendal proved himself the immovable support to her pillar as Kamal labored hard to calm the upset.

If an uneasy truce signaled a turn in the right direction for some, an unexpected visitor to the government house where she lived proved that even in the most stony soil, a flower might grow ...

“Chen Woo. “ his composed feature was a welcome sight after so much misery, an ordered mind in the midst of such illogical chaos. “Commander Bashir. “ the Asian scientist answered, wondering where his superior was behind the soft drapery of pale silk which adorned the fem-male’s supple figure.

“No more commander, please. “ murmured the woman wearily. “Just Kamal, for now. So, what brings you here? Business or Pleasure? “

“A little of both. “ laughed Chen, even as he bowed to Gendal who recognized the man from that first meeting of their races so long ago. “I did miss you at the reunion of the Ares crew last week, tho Aaron explained you were somewhat busy. “

“Yes, quite busy. “ she gave him a sad grin. “So it went well? “

“Fairly well, it was mostly for Colonel Christopher. “ Woo told her. “A lot of crying, a lot of back thumping ... and the latter was from the fem-males. “

“Yes, “ Kamal smiled serenely, comforted by her crew-mate’s humor as she knew she would be. “We are a rowdy macho bunch of girls, after all. So what about business? “ her laughing eyes narrowed as Chen pulled some papers from his flight suit.

“You've been following the recent news, I gather. About our population problems?“ the scientist asked in his teacher’s voice. “You also remember how I discovered how malleable the source for both The Change and The Cure was? “

Bashir nodded with a sedate understanding, born of that inner strength which was almost singlehandedly holding her homeland together.

“We were doing work to see how specific the drug could be, if we could target one organ and not another, or further suppress certain chemicals without the more drastic physical affects. “ Chen Woo explained carefully, that silly expression of self revelation on his lean face. “We found while that The Change did wonders on slowing the release of particular enzymes what it did best was to suppress the immune system without destroying it entirely. Perhaps even reactivate it, with the right engineering.“

“Which would do wonders for present risky surgeries, restore what was lost from blood cancers or other immunosuppressive diseases. “ Bashir responded casually and her friend smiled wickedly. “Or aid in very specialized transplant operations? “ he added.

“Or that. “ she agreed, her gaze closing to dagger-like slits. “Transplanting what, and to whom? “

“Which bring us back to our current problem, and the need for as many wombs as we can find to house the first generation of post-invasion babies. Preferably boys, but we can work on that. Still, we’d like to hedge our bets, get around that pesky 7% margin of error which could make or break us ... “

“Please get to the point. “ Kamal ordered, a giggle undermining the severity of her command.

“I was just wondering, “ Chen asked brightly in the face of his friend’s growing annoyance. “what would you think about becoming Mother to the whole of Humanity? “

If he’d thought to shake up the fem-male with his radical request, Chen Woo was surprised at the maternal smile which made Kamal Bashir’s beautiful face glow. “You’ll never know how much I’d like that. “ she answered, grasping Gendal’s massive hand tight even as the future opened an unexpected door to them.

*

“Even with a cautious approach to the mix of Norwin and Human technology, the reaction to the WHO’s proposition has been mostly favorable. The operation, given the ease with which the surgery is performed, can be treated almost as an out-patient procedure with no ill affects apparent among the early test subjects. A narrow slit just above the stomach cavity and below the diaphragm allows for the insertion of donor uterine material in the fem-male candidate. Once in place, held by surgical glue until the tissue can attach itself to the abdominal wall, a modified form of The Change makes the vessel ready for later introduction of a fertilized egg which can then be carried to full term.

“While it would be necessary to perform cesarean births upon all fem-male candidates, the greater research shows that the infants would otherwise be normal in every respect. In anticipation of the new children, born of both fem-male and regular women participants in this planet-wide program, the world has indeed become a village, eager to greet it’s new citizens and help in building the kind of civilization which they would want to live in. This is Kerry Graham, reporting for CNN News, Day 118, Post G.I.D.“

*

While kept far too busy with her new duties, Trish cherished the moments she and Aaron could be spent together, this confusing yet exciting relationship where sometimes neither could quite remember who it was that wore the pants. But with her fem-male helpmate staying mostly close to home these days, General Stevenson suspected it wasn't her.

Still, even as Aaron worked hard to find that comfortable middle ground, she was as loving and as supportive of Trish’s career as any better half could be.

“I see you’ve had a hard day. “ giggled her lover, standing in the door of the Pentagon office, take-out in her left hand and a wide cheesy grin on her face. “Want some good news? “

“You betcha. “ Trish chuckled ruefully. “What’s up? “

“Oh, just a birth announcement from Kamal and Gendal. “ Aaron told her, holding out the thin slip of mail. “You know that the birth weights were closely regulated for all fem-males so little Aaron Ahmed Bashir came in at just under five pounds. Mother and son are doing fine. “

“They’re calling him Aaron? “ Trish raised a brow in amusement. “Hell of a name to saddle the poor kid with. I don’t suppose this changes your mind ... about joining the re-population program, I mean. “

“They have enough recruits for a surplus, and with Hagna managing the Norwin version, I’m sure we’ll have a healthy future for both our people. With or without my help. “

“No regrets, no wish to be a parent? “ Trish pressed, seeing a slight sadness spoil the others pretty features. “My men were my boys, my kids. That’s all I’ll ever need. “ Aaron told her.

“Not quite all. “ the honey blonde officer giggled and they embraced. The cries of this new generation rallied a much changed planet toward a not unkind future. And for this war tempered pair, the finite universe of their own making was all that mattered.

THE END.

up
39 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I liked the story.

I found the ending chapter choppy and disjointed without significant conflict or intrigue. What there was was stunted and well... choppy.

But still... the story is so well told that if you can deal with it... its worth the read.

The problems are common amongst multi-view point stories.

Please post more of your stories.

Dayna.

ps. The name of story sorting (alphabetical) puts these two stories out of order in your list of stories. I recommend adding a prefix like "Winner 1:

And this is why I re-post

And this is why I re-post older stories without editing out the goofs, to capture the process of what went on in 2001/2002 - or even 1997. :)

The thing about the final chapter was that everything was said and done for this particular story-line. What's left afterwards is a whole new story entirely. Will the re-population program work? Are our couples to live happily ever after? Was a bloodless solution of exile for the Norwin leadership the right answer? The future was hopeful, but only because our heroes now have confidence in themselves, their people, and their ability to cope. I guess I like open ended writing.

Yes, I did the story alignment process with my Kolchak fan fiction when they fell out of order. For the present, I do have other stories up on this site. So please check them out, I really love feedback. Thank you. :)