Dragon Riders Part 6

Printer-friendly version
Dragon Riders


Must love dogs



By alter-ego

Synopsis:When two islands appear, it causes world wide changes as the nations unite into a global government. Welcome the Dragon Riders!

[-][+][-]


Dragon Riders
The Final Gift
Must love dogs
Chapter 17

It seems time flies when you are busy. The Birthday party had been a great success. She had a load of fun, something her Mother knew she would need. That evening all Riders were present for a State dinner, it was there the bombshell was dropped by the Head Engineer, Dr Sands. All Riders were leaving on very special missions through the TDT gate tonight, most would not return for sometime, talk was years while others said only a year. This talk of how long these missions were to be was why her Mother had called her.

"Jill are you done?" "Yes Mother, I just finished with Supply, hard to believe all I have in the infinity storage, why these even a few landing and flying crafts. " "You may need them from what I was briefed about early." "Oh? How so Mother?" Something to do with TDT effects, for us you will be gone a year maybe less." "A year? For you? What of the rider?" Depending on where and when they are and the missions, they could return in a year or two, or more." "Or more?" "You could be gone a very long time and only in the TDT gate will you have any communications with home. While out of it you will have no contact with me." "When are we to leave?" Dr Sands is getting the TDT ready as we speak. Riders will be told when to report with their Mother to the gate for finally checks." "So this evening may be one of our last for a long time Mother?" "Yes dear, it truly may be, my prayers will be with you and of course while in the gate we will be able to speak to each other. I have a few gifts for you to take as well as one from Dr Sands." "Gift from Dr Sands?" "Yes he calls it the final gift and it is something that you will be able to do once you exits the TDT on any other Earth. But first my gifts, not knowing where you will be or how long you will be alone you will need funds, and only certain items may meet those needs. First these diamonds will come in handy, small fortune here I would say, worth several million on our earth. I also have gold, silver bars and other gems for you just in case, here is also a complete library on this table, every book every written is here. There are also tons and tons of videos, movies, shows, cartoons," 'A wink'. "Mother! Still thanks, I shall keep it close always, and will make a backup first chance I get, just in case." "Now for Dr Sands gift, put this chip on the wrist comm. Once you enter the TDT it will activate the gift." "This gift? what will it do?" "It will allow you to copy powers of others, including the dragons." "What?! I will be able to fly, teleport like them? Will it be permanent?" "Yes to both! Once on the other side of the TDT you will be able to fly with the dragons!" "There will be a limit to how many powers you will be able to copy, Dr Sands said ten was the cap." "Ten, OK."

Dragon Riders
Time and Dimension Travel
Must love dogs
Chapter 18

The gate had been working for hours, Rider after Rider said farewell to Mothers, then began that long walk down that spinning, corkscrew like tunnel, they had been told in training, 'The further you walked down that spinning tunnel the further in time you will travel, each time you return to your gate that tunnel will be there to take you to the next time or dimension'.

"Gate moderators, be sure to calibrate for three and the rider." "Yes sir, doing so now." "Jill just like in training, when told, start walking till you see the gate, once there you will be allow to exit the tunnel at the other end, once you exits the gate will vanish so that the local population does not intervene, once your mission is complete you will be able to signal for the TDT to return." "Jill." "Yes Mother?" "Be safe my daughter. I love you." "I love you to Mother, don't worry we will be back." A shout, "Sir calibration complete, gate is ready." "Jill." "Yes sir, Mother." A quick hug, then she steps up inside the tunnel, with one last look back, she turns and begins the walk down the tunnel. the dogs right in step with her, then they were gone!

Dragon Riders
Hello Earth
Must love dogs
Chapter 19

Justice League orbiting satellite, Captain Atom on watch. So far it had been a very quieted watch when alarms sounded, at neck breaking speed, a check of the computer confirms an emergency on Earth, within seconds he sends. "To all Justice League members, Boom Tube sighted, central USA, Kansas, Smallville."


TBC
Dragon Riders
Meet the home folks
Must love dogs
Chapter 20

I am a OLD fan of the Time Tunnel TV Show, along with The Dr, and I grew up on the old comics such JLA, Superman, Supergirl, Legion of superheroes etc.. So I am sending our Rider on a mission that will send her through time and space. When she is ready she will return home.

up
101 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

thanks

thank you