Dragon Riders Part 7

Printer-friendly version
Dragon Riders


Must love dogs



By alter-ego

Synopsis:When two islands appear, it causes world wide changes as the nations unite into a global government. Welcome the Dragon Riders!

[-][+][-]

Must Love Dogs!
Chapter 20

Before her was an sea of golden waves of grass, stepping out of the TDT gate and touching the soil she realize she was no longer on her Earth. Behind her the gate closed, it would not reopen for her till she was ready to call it. Looking at the grass, her computer comm informed her it was wheat. "Hey guys, its wheat. Computer says we are in central Kansas. Better get some eyes in the air." A touch of the necklace, small menu only she can see. "Drones, small, camera only." Once the drone appears, she orders it to fly overhead. Looking at the 8x8 image above her wrist she sees waves of golden grass for miles, then one lone house when suddenly a face of an angel appears on the screen, "Well, well, a toy?" Looking up she sees a young lady wearing some sort of costume, white top, red cape, blue shorts, red boots. "Supergirl?" "Yes that is my name and you are?" Still holding the drone she lower her altitude. "A minion of Darkseid from Apokolips? Or a New God from New Genesis?" "I'm sorry, but neither, I'm from." A male voice interrupt. "Earth Prime." Looking around where the voice came from she see, "Martian Manhunter!" Next to him is several other members of the JLA, "Oh wow." Green Lantern, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, The Flash. Wonder Woman ask, "Manhunter are you sure?" "Yes Diana, and this child is known as a dragon rider. Her three pets are not as they seem." "Thank you sir, my name is Jill Madisome and these three are Jupiter, Starfire, Comet and I am sure you know why I am here." "Yes I do Jill Madisome, yes I do indeed."

Dragon Riders
PIE! Beam me up Scotty!
Must love dogs
Chapter 21

Its not everyday the JLA appears in a wheat field you think that there be people running for the hills, or at least the local bomb shelter. Not so the Kents. A loud shout, "Kara, Clark invite your guests on over, Mom has fresh baked Apple pies". Jill's stomack 'growls' and the dogs all sit up. Everyone just about fell down when that happen, even Batman smiled, "Looks like we are having pie Kara, welcome to the Kent farm Jill." "Thanks Superman". "Call me Kal". "Kal and thanks". Turning to her dogs she points over at the farm house and all four vanish appearing next to Mr Kent who took a step back in surprise. "Whoa, who is this?" "Hello Mr Kent, my name is Jill and these three are Jupiter, Starfire, Comet". Martian Manhunter's comment can be overheard as JLA also joins them, "As I said they are not as they seem". "Land sakes Pa, where your matters, lets get these folks inside, pie is all ready to serve". A blur of red flies by and inside The Flash is eating his third piece, "I have a high metabolism". "Mercy look at this child". "Hello Mrs Kent". "Would you like a piece of pie young lady"? 'growls' 'blushes' "I assume so, well sit here child I'll get you a piece of pie and a glass of milk. Pa, pull out three ham bones for her pets". "Sure thing Dear".

As she sits there eating that pie she begins to tell them of her mission, and just as she finishes the last bite, "So you can see I have a lot to do and with your help I can get quite a bit done here." Mrs Kent, "Child how old are you?" Looking at the Manhunter she lies, saying to herself, 'please, please', "I'm nine, yesterday was my birthday." He looks at her then the Kents and does not reply. "My goodness, who would send a child to do such a danger mission"? Manhunter, "People that have to". "Mrs Kent, I'd like to give you something for your hospitality". "Child you don't have, Oh my? Is that a diamond?" "Yes, please accept it as my gift to you". "Child I," Batman, "Take it Mrs Kent, she would leave it here when she left anyway." Mrs Kent nods, "Quite a sleight of hands there, the black gem is some sort of storage device"? "Yes we call it an infinity storage". "I take that by the name the storage is huge?" "Very, when I touch the stone a menu appears that only I see, then I just ask or select what I need." Kara, "Like this drone I grabbed?" Batman, "I've been looking at it and there are some very amazing qualities within that drone." "Please Batman, keep it, I have others, I can even download the schematics for it". "That would be nice". Manhunter, "I think its time we left here for the station, there Jill can start the first part of her mission." "Agree". "Yes". "Kal can I go"? "Not this time Kara, this is JLA business". "Bye Kara, it was great to finally meet you". "You to Jill. I'm sure we will see each other before you leave", looking at her cousin Kal. "Yes, I hope so". Outside Manhunter touches his ear and says, "Watch Tower, twelve to beam up." Jill, "Beam me up Scotty"!


TBC
Dragon Riders
Power up!
Must love dogs
Chapter 22

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Green Lantern
3. Superman
4. Wonder Woman
5. Batman
6. Hawkgirl
7. Green Arrow
8. The Flash.
9. Jill
10,11,12. Jupiter, Starfire, Comet

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hard to read

Teek's picture

I like the story so far. Thank you for sharing.

I did find this chapter hard to read. The dialog needs to be broken up into paragraphs to make it easier to read. Each person talking should be a new line.

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

thanks

I understand and have tried to fix that in the future, thanks