Guaranteed Cure

Printer-friendly version

Guaranteed Cure

Author's note: This is another example of what happens when I let my darker side out to play. You have been warned ...

The ad said “Guaranteed cure for homosexuality”

And I really needed a cure ...

I had been a good kid, raised in a Christian home, but somehow, I had found myself looking at other guys, and more than anything else, I wanted to be ... normal.

By the time I was twenty I had tried everything I could think of, and nothing had worked. I was right at the point my desperation consumed my every waking moment.

So I went to the address mentioned.

And hoped.

I was met at the reception desk by a pretty girl that I wished I could be attracted to, and after a long wait, I was ushered into a small office where a man took my information.

The questions were personal, intense, and intrusive, but after an hour, the man said to me, “You will make a good candidate. Come with me, and I’ll take you to phase one.”

I followed him into another room, and after we had been waiting for a while, a young woman was ushered into the room by another staff member.

She was introduced to me as Vikki Morris, and we were told to basically share our life stories with each other.

So for the next hour or so, we traded stories back and forth, although I think the small amount of alcohol we were given helped ...

Then a staffer came in, and said, “Okay, that will do for now. I think the two of you are ready for phase two.”

I shrugged, and got up to follow her, with Vikki behind me.

The staffer took us into a room with two chairs that reminded me of dentist chairs, except there were more straps on them.

“What’s this?” I asked, and Vikki said “Yeah, what’s the deal?”

“This is phase two. By the time you both leave this room, you’ll both be hetrosexual.”

I was a little scared, but I was desperate, so I climbed into one of the chairs, and they strapped me in.

Vikki shrugged, and did the same.

“The straps are just so you don’t move at the wrong moment and hurt yourself. It shouldn’t take long, and it wont hurt ...much.” the staffer said.

Then they pulled the switch, and my brain felt like it was being turned inside out.

And then it stopped.

I opened my eyes, and at first I thought I was hallucinating, or they had somehow stuck a mirror between me and Vikki.

Because I saw myself.

I watched my body open its eyes, and look at me, and scream.

Then I looked down

I was in Vikki’s body ...

I screamed myself ...

****

Eventually, we calmed down, and they let us go pick up our new lives as each other. Without a lot else to hold on to, we held on to each other, and eventually, we became a couple.

So I guess they did exactly as advertised. Since I like boys, and she likes girls, we’re effectively hetrosexual now ...

End.

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Neat trick Dorothy…

Rhona McCloud's picture

… so what can you come up with for those whose objects of attraction first appeared or altered with the hormone treatment?

Rhona McCloud

giggles, Rhona

not sure, maybe you could write that story ...

DogSig.png

Definitely your job Dorothy

Rhona McCloud's picture

It was you who made me write "Not a writer but I couldn't resist - Dammit!" for your competition. Unfortunately I haven't worked out how to post as a one-off story so Mandy Leigh pushed me to write a sequel "Not a dancer but I couldn't resist - Dammit!".
My logic says that earns me the right, even though it is posted as a one-off, to push you to at least think of a possible sequel

Rhona McCloud

Well that is definitely one

Well that is definitely one way to do it. Hope their lives are long lived and happy ones.

I don't know about happy

how happy would you be to be "straight" but be stuck as the wrong gender?

thanks for commenting.

DogSig.png

Since I've Never ...

Been a gay male trying to be straight, I don't know how much suffering is involved. Gender dysphoria, however really messed with my early life. I think the society in which the protagonist lives is very screwed up. I don't think there is much benefit in trading a gay man for a GD/GID womyn. What is she going to do? Go insane? Commit suicide? How about transition and become a gay man again? Gender and sexual ID are correct, but society sees a gay, TS man; worst of both worlds?

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

worst of both worlds?

I tend to agree with you. Our protagonist here is not gonna have a fun time.

DogSig.png

Cute, funny , and I really

Cute, funny , and I really liked it... Good job Kitten.. Huggles . Papa

Well

If that is your darker side, your very lightest must be ethereal.

you want darker?

giggles. I reaaaallly don't know if you wanna go there ...

Thanks for commenting, Thera

DogSig.png

You do

Have a way of turning things on there ear. In the most interesting and entertaining ways. But I do need to ask why fix what's not broken but I already knew that's a place far darker than any place either of us have ever been.

Thanks for this great P O V story.

Huggles

Michele

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

thanks, Misha Nova

glad you enjoyed this little piece.

DogSig.png

I saw that coming, ...

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

... a mile away as they say. But I still enjoyed it.

*giggles*
>i< ..:::

thanks, Hypatia

I'll try to be sneaker next time

(snerks)

DogSig.png

I can only think that....

Neither of them bothered to read the disclaimer in the fine print! (LOL). The unfortunate side affect is gender dysphoria now! Of coarse this adds new meaning to love thyself! This also brings to mind speed dating. If you can't love yourself really then who? (Snicker giggles). Dottie dear, I'm sure the result was not what was expected, but it really is cute! Loving Hugs Popcorn Lady

Very Naughty

A naughty little tale. As usual, it's not the story itself so much as the implications for the characters involved that have you thinking about it days later.

In a body swap, what is actually transferred? If you believe in the existence of a soul, it would have to be identified and somehow isolated by the transfer mechanism. If the soul or whatever else you want to call it is congruent with the conscious mind, then what happens when those brain patterns come into conflict with the recipient's unconscious? Assuming those conflicts can be resolved, will it be the episodic or semantic memory complex that controls the body's sexual preferences?

Enough of this rubbish. Here's how a body swap works.

http://youtu.be/DpZiNO2CRtw

Ban nothing. Question everything.