Dragon Riders Part 9

Printer-friendly version
Dragon Riders


Must love dogs



By alter-ego

Synopsis:When two islands appear, it causes world wide changes as the nations unite into a global government. Welcome the Dragon Riders!

[-][+][-]

Must Love Dogs!
Chapter 25

After leaving the ware house in Gotham City, Jill returned to the Watch Tower using the teleport station at Wayne Enterprises. Once aboard her ear piece (given to her by Manhunter) picks up a message for her. Manhunter, "Jill? Kara is waiting for you at the Kent's Farm, I will tell the watch to teleport you there"?

Touching her ear, "Understood Manhunter, standing by". To her pets, "Well guess we are going flying guys"! Blight light and next they standing in front of the Kent's house. Kara, "Jill! Great to see you little sister"! Looking around she see Kara, still in her 'farm clothes' leap/fly over from the barn towards her, "Wow, you make that look so easy"!?

Pa Kent, "Hello Jill. I see Kara turn to teach you? Guess I lose my best helper for a few days"?

Kara, "Don't you worry Pa, I'll make sure to keep up on my chores. We'll be only training a few hours in the morning and afternoon, so I'll have time to catch up on anything that I need to do", giving Jill a wink.

Pa, "Well, ok then, you two be sure to be back at Lunch time, Ma will have it ready for us then".

Kara, "Will do Pa".

Jill, "Mr Kent"?
Pa, "Yes, and call me Pa, same goes for the Mrs, we are your Pa and Ma as long as you are here".

Jill, "Thank you Mr err, Pa, would it be ok that I leave the dogs here this first day? I'm sure that they will be pretty bored with watching me try to fly, and they can be a great help to you".

Pa, "Sure no problems, hey Jup, Star, and Comet, you all up herding a few cows for me"? All three sit up, then stand looking around for the cows." Once more we mere humans break down from the actions of our pets.

Dragon Riders
Flying Lessons
Must love dogs
Chapter 26

Well not much happen that first few hours of training, Kara and I went to a quite spot near the barn and she then hover just about two feet off the ground. "This is how Kal help me learn to fly".

Jill, "Oh? How? What am I to do"?

Kara, "Visualize that you are floating just off the ground like I am. Now this may take some time, it took forever for me and I had to practice daily".

Jill, "OK". Closing my eyes, I visualize that I was off the ground, it felt like I had less weight, yet I still felt the soil under my feet. I could feel the sweat from my brow as I concentrated for what seem hours till I heard.

Ma Kent, "Girls, lunch time, come and get it".

Kara, "OK Ma. Jill time to quit for now, we will pick up where we left off at right after lunch, OK"?
Jill, "OK." I open my eyes and I felt my feet come firmer in contact with the ground below me, the look on my face made Kara giggle.
Kara, "You felt it didn't you"?
Jill, "Yes I did, I was off the ground, not much but I was off it".
Ma Kent, "Come on girls or I'll give it to the dogs".
Kara, Jill, "Coming Ma".

During lunch we got a full report on how well the dogs did with the cows, Pa warn Ma that a few might be giving cream after being teleported by one of the dogs back to the herd when they try to break out. Some mean old matriarch tried to stare down Jup, till she was teleport back to her place, brought a huge laugh from all.

Well right after lunch it was right back to lessons, more of the same trying to hover. But three hours later I was able to get a full six inches off the ground, I was so happy, I could fly and felt myself rise just a few more inches.

Kara, "Yes, your spirit helps with flying, I think that is enough tonight, get a good night rest and be back here in the morning, when you can get Ten feet up and hold that we will try higher and faster lessons".

Jill, "Sure thing Kara, thanks for today, I'll be back in the morning". Over at the house she calls for her pets, turns and waves to the Kents, gives Kara a hug and another promise to be back tomorrow, "Watch Tower, four to beam up".

Dragon Riders
More Lessons
Must love dogs
Chapter 27

The next day Jill is right back at it, more of the same as she and Kara continue to train, the dogs help with the farm chores. Carrying slop to the pigs was never as easy as this was, grab the handle of the pail, teleport to Mr. Kent, step back from the pail and watch him pour it in the trough, the dogs like this game and were happy to help. More of the same with feeding the calfs. Again the dogs made it a game. Herd the cows in for milking, far easier this time, even that old matriarch had learn her lesson. By lunch time Jill was a full five feet up and able to hold it, so Kara was having her push to ten if possible by the end of the day, which meant real flying tomorrow if she got to ten feet today.

At lunch, more tails of the three best little helpers every. Then back to training. By the end of the day she was at fifteen feet. She was no longer grounded, and tomorrow they would start with tethered flight.


TBC
Dragon Riders
Flying, Oh My Goodness!
Must love dogs
Chapter 28

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos