Dragon Riders Part 10

Printer-friendly version
Dragon Riders


Must love dogs



By alter-ego

Synopsis:When two islands appear, it causes world wide changes as the nations unite into a global government. Welcome the Dragon Riders!

[-][+][-]

Must Love Dogs!
Chapter 28

Being tethered with a harness was new. We had moved away from the barn to a more open location, here I was to try and move while floating in the air. Getting up in the air was easier now, but to move, I had no clue.

Kara, "Jill, pick a point on the horizon and try to move there". For the first hour it seem nothing was happen and I was getting really upset and wanted to kick, scream at how frustrated I was getting.

Kara, "Jill calm down, you need to be focus on the horizon, not right here".
Jill, "Easy for you to say, you can fly all I can do is float".
Kara, "It will come, now pick your point and try to move there".
Jill, "Yes Sergeant".
Kara, 'giggles'.

Looking out over the horizon she see the dogs herding the cows again for Pa, and notices the fun they having and wishes she could join them when all the sudden she is moving toward them and only the tether that bring her up short.

Kara, "Wow, what brought that on"?
Jill, "The dogs, they having so much fun and I wanted to join them".
Kara, "I think we can let go with the tether and try just flight, let me unhook you and we will join the herding operation, it will be fun for you".
Jill, "OK".

Once unhook they both flew over to the area where the dogs and cows were, Pa waved from the gate area, and Kara did a loop where as I just barely wobble a bit. But flying with the dogs was far more fun.

By lunch time Kara had told me that we would try higher altitude for some more aerial movements.

Dragon Riders
Goodness
Must love dogs
Chapter 29

That afternoon we were at 200 feet, the dogs had joined us and were floating at locations along the flight path she was to take.

Kara, "The dogs are speed bumps that you have to move around to get to me, think of them as tall building, trees, mountains".
Jill, "OK".

At first she kept hitting the speed bumps, Kara kept giggling each time she hit one of the dogs, but by the end of the day she was getting better at making course connections to avoid hitting the 'tall building, trees, mountains'.

"Kara, OK, that enough for today. We will go higher tomorrow, less building", giggles, and try for more speed".
Jill, smiles, "OK with me, I am so glad you have the patience to work with me".
Kara, "Jill I went through all you did with me when I first came to Earth. I did not have the years of experience my cousin had and had to learn like you are doing now".
Jill, "Hard to believe, you move so graceful in the air, it was why I asked you for help".
Kara, "Thanks".

Back at the house, Jill gives Kara another hug with a promise to return tomorrow and waves bye to the Kents once more.

The next morning sees them at 1000 feet. Kara is surprised that the dogs are able to do sub sonic and super sonic flight, she did not think they could move that fast, yet they were keeping up with her. Kara, "Wow your pets are fantastic, they are able to keep up with me and copy every move".

Jill, "You should see them in dragon mode".
Kara, "Can I"?
Jill, "Lets check with Watch tower if its ok for them to do it here, I hate to have a airliner hit some turbulence caused by them".
Kara, "OK".
Jill, "Watch Tower this is Jill, can you give me some information on air traffic near us, I want to have the dragons release"?
Green Arrow, "Jill, stay below Angels 10, air traffic at Angels 20".
Jill, "Roger that Watch Tower, thanks. Green Arrow says we can, but stay below 10000 feet".
Kara, "OK, good."
Moving up a few 1000 feet Jill gives the following commands to her pets.
Jill, "Alright guys, dragon flight, diamond formation on my mark, mark".
Instantly the dogs are gone and in a perfect V formation are her three Dragons.
Jill, "OK guys lets keep circling a bit".
Kara, How fast can they go in this form"?
Jill, They are able to fly at hypersonic speeds, but can't do that to close to the ground as the winds they would generate at such speeds could knock over a forest or buildings".
Kara, "How did you stay on them when in flight"?
Jill, "I have the ability to influence gravity, not only myself but anything else I wish".
Kara, giggles, "So more or less you glued yourself down"?
Jill, Smiles, "Yep, that just about what I did, but now I'll be able to fly with them".
Watch Tower, "MULTIPLE BOOM TUBES, ANGELS 12"!
Looking up they see three opening and multiple figures emerging from them.
Kara, "Jill we need to get out of here and wait for JLA to get here".
Jill, "Right, drop to 3000 feet".
Dropping like rocks their speed increase, when suddenly Kara is jerked back by a very long whip, and a crackle of electricity.
Lashina, "Oh no you don't bitch, we have something to finish from our last meeting".
Granny Goodness, "Lashina bring her here"!
Lashina, "Yes Granny".

Dragon Riders
Oh My Goodness
Must love dogs
Chapter 30

Kara, "Arh"!
Jill, "I'm coming for you Kara. Jup, Star, Comet attack".
Kara, "Arh! Jill NO run, wait for the JLA, Arh"!
Granny, "Stompa and Mad Harriet grab the little one, Parademons attack those giant lizards"!
I flew back up toward Kara, passing two female figures, grabbing her hand and teleport her out of the whip's embrace. She dropped like a stone well out of the combat area, just then I'm hit from behind, little harm just knocking me off course, I spin around and see the two I passed while saving Kara.
Stompa, "Well, well, this little one can take a hit Harry".
Mad Harriet, "Don't call me Harry, grab her"!
Stompa moves in, her arms reach for Jill.
She drops quickly and touches one of Stompa flight disk, causing it to vanish, having just one causes Stompa to suddenly fall over and down.
Stompa, "Harry save me", and down she drops.
Mad Harriet, "Don't call me Harry", but turns to go after her. Jill see her chance and makes one of Mad's disk vanish as well. Quickly Mad has both feet on her remain disk, but she has no control and just hover till Jill removes that one as well.

Kara well out of range sees Stompa falling, then Mad Harriet. There are far less Parademons around as well, the dragons had made short work of them, most were fleeing up pass Granny, then she see Jill go after Lashina.

Lashina, "Oh no you don't you little bitch", and slashes with one of her whips, just as it hits it vanishes, Lashina cannot even fathom what happen to her whip, she slashes with the second one only to see it also vanish once it hits this little bitch.

Jill is now super pissed, moving at super speed, she does the remove trick on Lashina's transportation and the third fury is also falling to earth. Looking up she see Granny on some sort of sled, granny sees her also.

Granny, "Parademons attack her"!
Jill, "Jup, Star, Comet, hit them hard, finish them"!

Jill teleport up pass the battle her pets have, "Hi granny, nice ride you have here, mind if I borrow it"?
Granny, "What?! NO! Get away from me you little witch, Get away"!
The sled vanish and down goes Granny, her cries can be heard all the way down.

From her ear piece, Manhunter, "Jill you OK"?
Jill, "Yes, I'm good, someone might what to catch Granny she should be passing Angels 3 about now".
Manhunter, "I have her, meet us on the ground, we have the other furies all wrapped up".
Jill, "On my way".


TBC
Dragon Riders
Darkseid
Must love dogs
Chapter 31

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos