Dottie's Birthday Dream - A Jaci/Dottie Story

Printer-friendly version

Dottie’s Birthday Dream

Author's note: This could very well be the last Dottie story. I hope you've enjoyed the series as much as I have writing them.

Dottie got ready for bed, and as she did she thought about her day. The day had included a belated birthday party for Dottie, and it had been the pinkest, frilliest, girly-est party in history.

In the privacy of her bedroom, Dottie could admit she’d loved having it that way.

Of course, she thought, the best part had been why it had been delayed - so her mother who was undergoing chemotherapy, could attend.

So Dottie had both of her families with her - her mother and her brother from her birth family, and Tante Drea, Gran-Tante Ruth, her boyfriend Bobby ...

And especially her sister Jaci, who she had come to love with all the sisterly love possible.

But now the party was over, and Dottie slipped on her favorite nightie - which was actually an oversize t-shirt with the name of her favorite band “Starlight Butterfly” on it. Then she spent a few moments cuddling the newest member of the household - a kitten named Extravagance, and finally turned out the light and closed her eyes and went to sleep.

And she dreamed.

In her dreams, she saw her future. She saw herself grow into a beautiful woman, graduate high school, and prepare for college. She saw herself having many adventures along the way, including meeting Starlight Butterfly in person and getting the autograph of the lead singer, Angel. She saw herself having to deal with low points, like breaking up with Bobby and worst of all, having to say goodbye to her mother.

But the main constant in all that was to come would be Jaci, who would be with her in good times and bad times, for as long as the two girls lived.

Dottie smiled in her sleep, Extravagance purred beside her, and all was right in her world, and would be, as long as she had such a family loving her.

The End?

Is this the end? Will there be more Dottie adventures? Only time will tell ..

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Is this the end? I certainly hope not!

I think "Time" had better speak up and say it ain't so, sweetie! Lovely birthday dream Dottie! Loving Hugs Popcorn Lady

hopefully not the end

As I have been enjoying them for quite a while now, I would miss having to separate my squabbling children over who is the girliest girl. well time will tell

Dottie's Birthday Dream

Maybe he likes the bickering and doesn't mind the grey hairs?

Heh, a kitten named Extravagance... Cute. And fitting, somehow.

A good end to this series... (for now?)

Lees

I really hope ....

... more stories will be added to this series some day. Seeing the love between Dottie, Jaci, Tante Drea, and all the others was such an amazin' experience. But, even if there's not any more, what you've already share hear will always make me smile. Thank you Dorothy, Jaci, and Andrea, for sharing your amazing talent. <3

{{{huggles}}}