A Most Improbable Awakening

Printer-friendly version


A Most Improbable Awakening


by Ken Ryker


Wally and Peter are two men that awaken one
morning to a most improbable discovery about themselves.


 

Wally awoke one morning in a lazy fit. He had not slept well, but could not fathom the source of his nightly discomfort. It left him still dreadfully tired, and he looked forward to another few hours of rest before rousing himself. Upon shifting in his sheets, he felt pressure upon his chest and rolled to relieve it, grabbing his newly formed breast as he did. He sighed in relief, massaging the soreness away.

Suddenly, he bolted upright and looked down to find a very feminine form meeting his gaze.

"Ah...! What is happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What is the purpose of this?" he said to himself.

His mind raced over the events of last night, but he could not understand how such a thing had happened or why.

Across the small apartment, in an adjoining bedroom, Peter rolled over as well and made the same discovery. He looked down and saw the sight of two perky breasts protruding from his chest along with a fair figure. He pulled his boxer strap out to inspect between his legs. Sure enough, it was gone.

"On no, not again."

And he rolled over and went back to sleep.

Elsewhere...

"This isn't working! I'm still a man! Okay, just turn it off! Just turn off the Drive will you?" Arthur exclaimed.

"Very well," Marvin sighed in an utterly depressed tone.
 


 
Author's Note: Thanks to Hikaro and the late, great Mr. Adams for the inspiration for this tale. :P

up
145 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Brilliant short story

Great story told in so few words.

Incidentally, kudos button doesn't work. I am signed in.

Thanks!

This was a short story that came to me from a discussion about how people would react to waking suddenly as the opposite sex. Of course, I threw my own slant onto it, drawing inspiration from one of my fave series.

Glad you liked it!

Never be without your towel as…

Rhona McCloud's picture

… it will help mop up the mess when you wake to find yourself a bowl of petunias!

Meanwhile on the other side of the galaxy BC readers were …

Rhona McCloud

HAHA!

So true! Not sure how I would go back and put a towel in one of the scenes, but that would be hilarious.

sad story.

I hope he succeeds next time.

Well, anything can happen...

...when you turn on the Improbability Drive. And the more improbable, the more, uh, probable it becomes? Heh.

And don't worry about Marvin. He's always a downer. :P

Wacky indeed.

I should have known all the Guide innuendos would come out from this. I love it.

If I can think of four more parts, this may just become another trilogy. :P

Thanks!

Actually, no. Wallace and Peter are not really Guide characters, but Arthur and Marvin are.

This story is my little TG take on this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsK6aRuSBIc#t=70
Though the book version is better.

Hint:
The names rresemble the type of "characters" in the scene. ;)

So Arthur -

Podracer's picture

is stuck as he is, and his companion, even with a brain the size of a planet, can't help him out :\

"Reach for the sun."

So Marvin the depressed robot

Daphne Xu's picture

So Marvin the depressed robot missed. What's a few light centuries or millennia between friends? Come to think of it, the Infinite Improbability Drive can be expected to do the most unexpected.

-- Daphne Xu

Mmm...

Mostly harmless

Sorry Kara, couldn't resist it.
Sophie
ps - given the number of views. I regard the number of kudos insulting

Well...

Daphne Xu's picture

I have one story with 11.5 thousand views, and only 95 kudos, so... make of it what you wish.

-- Daphne Xu