Eve - Chapter 28

Printer-friendly version
Eve  

Chapter 28
(Revised)

 

Simon Jones is Eve Jones. But she didn't know.

 

 
 

Previously:

Eve and her mum have argued and Eve has walked out.

Now the story continues.
 
 
 
Eve Chapter 28
 
 
 
I was shaking from anger as I slammed the door behind me. I didn't look back, I didn't look forward either, just down at my feet as they were being covered by the rainwater, my sweats were soaked within seconds as well. I stood crying for what must have been ten minutes before the door opened at the next house and Sharon was stood there.

"Eve, what's happened? Come in. Get in here now!"

Through the tears I said I'd had a bust up with mum.

"Eve, you're soaked. Get those off and drop them on the kitchen floor. Claire, can you help Eve?"

I dropped my outer clothes on the kitchen floor. I was stood only in my damp underwear when I was helped upstairs, my feet squelching on the carpet. Claire pushed me into the shower room, she then locked the door behind her.

Claire deftly removed my bra and knickers before turning the water on. She then stepped out of all of her clothes, and joined me, holding a bottle of shampoo.

Without saying a word she both washed my matted hair and held on to me, how I don't know. She finished the washing with some shower gell and should have turned the water off but reached for me instead.

We became intimate over the next few minutes, but the electric feeling was shattered by Sharon banging on the door.

Claire helped me out, dried me and held a pink gown up for me, apparently it was Annie's. She then did the same for herself, taking a lemon gown. I was delirious as she walked me to her room, I'd never felt like this before and the recent events with my mother were pushed to one side. I fell on her bed and passed out. I don't know how long I was lying there but Sharon was shaking me as I opened my eyes.

"Eve, I know there's some explaining to do, but I need you to listen to me. I went to speak to your mum, to let her know where you were but she was lying on the floor, I think she's had a siezure. I called an ambulance and she's been taken to the District Hospital, you're her next of kin right now so you need to get there too."

I nodded then tried to sit up, my borrowed gown falling open exposing my growing bust. I fumbled then gave up trying to correct this wardrobe malfunction. I saw Claire stood there, holding some of my clothes.

Sharon left the room, muttering, and closed the door. I suppose the horse really has bolted, will any household rules remain after this afternoon's happenings? Claire helped me up, I tried to stand but fell back onto the bed pulling Claire on top of me. We both giggled, my mind temporarily distracted from the evening's fraught events.

Ten minutes later I was finally decent and went to the bathroom to brush my hair. Annie had apparently fetched my clean clothes and bag, which held a little of my make-up, leaving it all with Claire. I dressed and joined them downstairs a short while; there was a strange silence with glances from Sharon to Claire and me. Annie sat there avoiding everyone's eyes, she had a wry smile though.

Sharon drove us to the hospital in complete silence. Once parked, I ran into the A&E department and went straight to the information desk.

"You've brought my mum, Debbie Jones, here. Can I see her?"

"Your name please?"

"Eve Jones."

"I'll let the team know you're here, please take a seat."

I love that warm feeling you don't get from hospitals and today was no different to any other time in Accident & Emergency. Claire sat next to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"Eve, I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Claire, don't be," I whispered back.

"But I took advantage of you."

"Did I object?"

"No, but mum is wild with us, but she won't have a go at you right now, given the circumstances."

We barely noticed the white coat approaching.

"Miss Jones?"

"Yes, er, Doctor Majowski" I read the Doctor's ID card.

"Would you like to come with me. Do you have anyone with you?"

"My girlfriend and her mum."

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen."

"Can you bring your girlfriend's mum then?"

Sharon and Annie had seen our conversation and were heading towards us anyway. We were led to a small room off the A&E waiting area.

Sharon spoke first, "Doctor how is she?"

"Firstly, it's good that she had been found quickly. She had a burst blood vessel in her cranium, we had to operate to release the pressure. She's recovering but we have her under heavy sedation."

"That's good, can we see her?" I decided I should speak.

"Not yet, you should know that we found bruising on her forehead, do you know how that happened?"

"No, she was fine when I walked out, just very upset."

"Upset?"

"Yes, we'd had an argument. I suggest she needed to see a shrink."

"Why?"

"I suggest you ask Dr Fox, the psychiatrist, that question."

"Are you seeing Dr Fox?"

"Yes, and now Dr Preston in the Gender Identity Clinic."

"Who found Mrs Jones?"

Sharon answered, "I did, Doctor."

"And how did she look?"

"She was fitting on the floor and there was blood on her temple. I took her pulse and found it was weak; her breathing was shallow."

"Are you a nurse?"

"I was, until these two came along," she looked at her twin daughters.

He took my contact information, as well as Sharon's and then asked if there was an adult family member who should be informed, I gave him my aunt's telephone number, he suggested we came back in the morning. I got the feeling it would be a long day tomorrow.

By the time we got back home it was gone nine. None of us were hungry but Sharon had stopped for some pizza which we valiantly tried to finish off.

I phoned my aunt and told her what I knew, of course she wanted to visit straight away but I suggested we meet there at ten in the morning, the hospital would call both of us if there were any changes.

Once washed, I wondered what I should do. My home was next door, but was empty. I sat, clothed, in the lounge with Sharon, the girls were upstairs.

"Eve, I know now is not a good time and I know you weren't yourself, but I'm not impressed with what happened here earlier."

"Sharon, Claire was actually trying to help me. You know we would never take risks but you also knew there would be a physical side to our relationship eventually. I just wasn't expecting it any time soon."

"Yes, but I wasn't prepared for it either. I'd like to think I could just ask that it never happens again, but that would be stupid and futile. I just want to know one thing."

"What's that?"

"That you won't do anything to hurt Claire, and that includes doing anything against her will or doing something now that she or you will regret later."

"Like pregnancy?"

"Like pregnancy."

"Sharon, there's no way I can get aroused now, not at all. I couldn't manage intercourse even if I wanted to, and I most definitely don't. Also, earlier today, a doctor told me that I may not have any sperm left. Please don't have a go at Claire for simply wanting to get closer to me, hormones took her over, I might not have been expecting it and I was hardly capable of disapproving. I love Claire dearly and I promise you I won't hurt her."

"If I can have your word?"

"You have it."

"Right, what about tonight's sleeping arrangements?"

"I was thinking of going across to my house."

"No way. Borrow some of Claire's PJ's and stay here. We only have the three rooms but I don't want to leave you on your own so you can sleep with Claire, if you want to, as she has a double bed, but no sex, understand? I'll sort this out with your mum later but right now you need support and Claire is the best one to give that, regardless of the implications."

"Yes, thank you Sharon."

I went up and told Claire the deal, she instantly found some PJ's and insisted in helping me strip before dressing me in her nightwear. Since the afternoon, and Monday's bike ride, we had little need for embarrassment.

The two of us slid back downstairs to collect some hot chocolate, which we took back up to Claire's room. Ten minutes later, after a shared expedition to the loo, we were cuddled up together. Of course the 'no sex' rule did not exactly rule out exploring each others' bodies, did it?

We fell asleep contented, despite the night's events.

up
285 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

There must be something physically wrong with Eve's mom

For her to have fallen and hit her head, she must have collapsed somehow. It makes me wonder if what is happening to Eve has anything to do with issues that her mother might have.

Blew a gasket?

So, Mum's stroke is a sad addition to an already tense situation. That Mother should feel entitled to the money is over the top. It was after all Eve that was the injured party. However, perhaps Eve should be adult enough to make sure she uses the money to make sure she builds a future for herself, by going to college or trade school.

Frankly, opportunities for folk like her are hard to get, though they can come if she is careful not to allow her life to be about being different.

Nice

Gwen

Actually

we don't know if it's a stroke yet just an aneurism. And yes when that happens she would fall down and bonk her head, what a dumb doctor to even ask the question.

Still they don't happen for no reason. High blood pressure for long time, weakened arteries from too much coffee, who knows.

Best to wait.

Wonder if Eve's mum had/has

Wonder if Eve's mum had/has medical issues that required some special or experimental drugs to be used; and that is why Eve may be as she is now. It could answer a lot of questions regarding Eve, her mum and dad.
So now Eve and Claire are definitely out in the open regarding their relationship, since Claire's mum found them and saw them. Really good advice from Sharon, along with the very pointed questions asked.
Do hope mum recovers fully. ?I also hope that Eve's Aunt might be able to fill in other blanks regarding Eve's past family history.

strange that Eve doesn't seem

strange that Eve doesn't seem to broken up after hearing that her mom collapsed and had to go to the hospital, granted she just had an argument with her but alot of people would have felt guilty and wondered if the argument had triggered it.

a cuddle in the shower

nice.

And Eve's mom had a burst blood vessel? Maybe that's why she's been so crazy ...

DogSig.png

"Don't let the door hit you

Podracer's picture

on the way out". I suspect it may have done.
Eve seems a little cold at her mother's state, even allowing for teen moods and hormones. I wonder if it will hit her later?

"Reach for the sun."