Havens Salvation 10-1 Don't try fighting a sword with a pen

Printer-friendly version
Celtic Goddess.png
Celtic_Animal_Ornament.png
sweet-fantasy-h-mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-gifs_largejpggif_thumb.jpg
Any resemblances to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.
Copy Rite 2014 Michele WhiteWolf
Editorial salvation by djkauf
Creative Consultancy by Bailey Summers, and my two girls Anna and Crystal
Ms Mary Adelaide Wilkinson [ my mother who dragged me all over the back roads of Colorado bringing those historical souls back to life. ]
With out all of the efforts from the above this story would never seen the light of an audience.
10-1 Havens Salvation
Don't try fighting a sword with a pen,

  1. The pen is mightier than the sword, but always remember the sword speaks louder at any time or place.

  • Mouse That Roared
  • L Wibberley


Taking care of business,

Melissa

I felt it in my feet before I heard the low frequency rumble from below. “I yelled, Lilly, I feel a cavein “ spinning around in place looking for some clue where it was giving way, which happened to be right under Lilly's feet.

“Lilly. Look out” I screamed That was just enough warning for Lilly to side leap back onto the thick root mass of a nearby tree. Lilly stared, wide eyed ,at the earth crumbling
away in an ever widening hole starting from the spot directly where she was standing.

I was still crazy upset “What the hell woman; what were you thinking. I told you it was spongy over there.?”

I made it over to near where she was now standing, as she curiously looking down into the ground where roughly a twelve foot by twelve foot patch of what had looked to be solid ground as it continued to crumble, then dropping out of sight. The splashing sound from deep in the ground indicated this was a water filled shaft.

“Sorry Mel,. I thought with me being lighter I could find out how large that spongy spot was I suspected it could be a mine shaft just not where I was standing. Thanks for the save, babe.“

“Lilly, my love, let's get out of here now.” The two of us started to pick our way through the small meadow to far more stable ground. As we daintily made our way I had to rib Lilly, “Just what was the question, you felt like risking your life over.?”.

“I am not exactly sure, but I will know it when it comes to me. Elric told us he wanted us to nose around looking for anything we don't already know about this place. First, knowing it is a Swiss cheese landscape, and just how Swissey this place is would fill that bill.”

The rambling started again, it become louder and now the ground shook like it was alive. The sound was followed by a cascading pattern of the earth collapsing into trenches that were running randomly in crazy patterns.

“Mel, Run! run now to that rocky hill.”

“Just try to keep up with me, Lilly”

When I left with Lilly on my side we were fanatically four footing it, leaping from one island of semi firmness to another. As fast as we leaped the ground would crumble behind us. Following instinct and what little we knew about where there had been stability and what spots had been spongy. The earth rolled and pitched under our feet like it had a tummy ache and was shaking getting ready to belch. Lilly and I ran for all we were worth side by side matching stride for stride up the side of the hill nearest from the hole. We did not stop running until we were safe at the top of the solid stone hill. When we turned and looked at the amusing sight as trenches zipped runners that formed lines in the landscape tracked in many different directions.. There were small holes that were collapsing and then everything settled with a groan.

The dust and dirt kicked up from the sink hole forming filled the air with the rank smells of rotted wood and stagnant water. Added to that was the stench of sulfur and other more metallic smells, from the broken stone. We were both laughing like loons hugging one another having survived what could have been our last moments together.

“Goddess, Lilly, look at what you done, looks a bit like a spider.”

“Mel only if it was drawn by a frat party of drunk ground hogs.”

Another fine mess

The rumbling and caving in continued for a short time and when it stopped we then heard the raucous unbridled laugh of Elric coming from where we had worked so hard installing the new drawing stones. Running along the ridge line we came to be just across a new deep trench which had magically appeared. between us and where he was standing. Elric was pointing at the diminishing pile of stones falling away from the Barrier running down hill into the newly formed trench. The trail of stones puked out by the old mine shaft was likewise interrupted, as its stones ran down hill into the same trench, disappearing into the unseen depths.

Elric stared at both of us and yelled so we could hear him at the distance. “Girls why do I think you had something to do with this fortuitous disaster?, Now fess up. who do I get to tattle on, no sorry, make that give credit to, when we explain just what happened and why you two sunk their five acres.”

I was grinning and in a smart ass-ed voice I tossed back at Elric. “Call it zen landscaping, or art in the forest.”

Lilly started jumping up and down. “No, No, I got it, we were chasing a whistle pig and when it went underground we tried to dig it out.” Elric groaned. “it figures.“

Dirty Deeds
Chain of Command

Mr Zachary Bartholomew sat in the corner of a nondescript bar and grill down by the docks in Ballard. If you need something done badly enough you can find the contact here to get things done.

You wouldn’t recognize Mr B, he wasn't dressed in a suit in fact Mac as the bartender knew he was dressed like, and even smelled. like one of the local fishermen. So when another local joined Mac everything looked OK. This bartender knew better than to look too closely at any one, it was bad for business.

Mac had done this before, more often for the old man and now for Amanda the New Boss. Wealthy people are impatient and demand results yesterday. You don't deliver you louse your situation and most likely your life. If it came to a choice of his family’s welfare and his life, the object of his employers wrath, who ever that was would louse. Just like the military, where he met the old man, you do what you are told, when you are told to do it. The difference here the pay and perks are better and the wardrobe is mostly more stylish.

The person Mac was waiting for promptly appeared ghost like by the table.

“Well Mac, long time no see, what brings you out this late at night.”

“Well Mr Brown, my employer, has a pest control problem they need to take care of, in an expedited manner. There is a property they would like to be cleared of a certain vermin which have infested the place.”

“My people only deal with limited sized infestations if you need a larger job done I don't have any contacts, for that.”

“That's not a problem if you drive off the queen the rest of them will wilt or be evicted by legal means, if you know what I mean?”

“Is there any particular niceties or details they need to observe, if there is an accident and in driving off this queen and she has an unfortunate accident?”

“No not at all, an unfortunate accident may be somewhat preferable. This queen tends to pull together pesky community hives. So if an accident discretely happens it would not cause any problem.”

“ I like doing business with you, Mac, you are easy to get along with, do it right do it quickly your employer and you are happy. Something that may be a problem is there cost of doing business has increased rather dramatically can I assume that won't pose a problem? “

“No not at all, unlike the previous management, the new management, is well aware that to make money you need to spend some. I have a very generous budget for these type of things so no problem at all.”

“That works for my contacts; is there any thing else we need to consider.?”

“Only that my employer requested me to offer you a nice dinner as there will possibly other collateral work they will need to have done. This will become a big project, and other inconveniences may need to be cleared up to get their project off the ground. Would a pleasant repast maybe with a bottle of wine, and convivial conversation appeal to you. Mr Brown?

“Your new management is a class act Mac, Ya I think I will take you up on that. Skeeter here has a mighty fine cook in the kitchen right now and I am hankering for a nice rare steak.”

“I thought you were a rare sort of guy, Mr Brown, you just have that feeling about you.”

Hackles

If it isn't enough with me dealing with Alease's hand me down dreams of hand to hand fighting the Romans, with all of that gore and viscera. This morning I now have a major case of some one trying to dig my grave willies. Everyone has had that shivers up the spine feeling described as someone walking across your future grave. Mine was strong enough it felt like some one really enjoying dancing a bloody jig on it. Damn there I go again , sounding like I was born in Scotland.

With so much that's happening at this time distracting me, I am strangely good, with that I am not psychically blinded to sensing danger coming my way. This isn't the dime store variety of danger; but something that's cunningly going to stalk me. This feeling is intense and familiar, it wasn't the first time some one has put a price on my scalp. I am Owl, the night Eagle, not a mortal, mangy, chicken stealing Coyote, so this fact of a bounty doesn’t scare me, It was the opposite effect, this pissed me off big time.


Red Flag

With my renewed vigor also has come an intensity in my emotions, making it much harder to keep them under wraps. So unfortunately it wasn't long before every one else noted my lack of humor. I was thankful that today was my office day. While I am mulling over who or what is generating this warning bell, not wanting to inflict my problems on the world. Just as I was penning a particularly witty repartee to the reporter covering the arrest and sentencing of Mon-go; when suddenly James appeared from the ether in my office. He gently and carefully took the pen out of my hand and bid me to escort him to the Dragon for a late lunch. Once seated and the obligatory cup of brain Jo being served, and allowing enough time to relax and eat, James for once took a relaxed approach to our talks.

“Betty, me lass, I be understanding that ye might be burdened with more than a wee bit of concern. Everyone has been steering a wide birth around ye, fearing you may give them a broad side. What be hanging heavy on ye mind?.”

“Remember you asked James; YOU asked. I had a rough night with memories of being hunted By Romans. When when I awoke that feeling became directional so I am really sensing some one is hankering to do me dirty. And there is nay, any limit how much nasty they being willing to perform in doing it. Who ever they may be has been given a contract on me. I can't say where or when but they are serious a pro and very cocky about them selves. And don't be tellin me James, it is all in me pretty wee head, Good god I wished I could stop that accent. incessantly slipping in.

Nothing Simple

James

We were having a nice meal so we had relaxed a bit before I ventured to speak aboot plans I was a making involving instruction and practice with Betty just what she needed to know to prevent some ham handed ass ending her in a simple fight.

“ Now lass this is the first day I need you to face the cold hard fact you have a great big target painted on you like a birth mark one meeter in diameter.

I was distracted by flashes of real anger in her eyes when looking at me. Like she wants to lunge at me across the table and rip out my gizzard. I needed to get her mind onto doing something about her vulnerability. She then continued our conversation.

“Hell of a birth mark dude, what can I do about this.”

“Learn to fight dirty, efficiently, and with out mercy for those who are trying to kill ye. Nay any of that 'with harm to none' that nay apples to a person that is trying to pin ye spleen to a wall. Remember they are attacking you, ye must aggressively be attacking back, not assertively or any other flowery term.

Do You have any experience with live steel swords Lass?”

“ I studied Ken-do for six years and I just graduated to a steel blade. Then I also have played with a hand and half bastard sword I still have in storage, I collect daggers for throwing.”

I gave her my eye of appreciation “Ever drawn blood in anger lass.?”

“Drawn blood yes, but not in anger more like cold blooded determination to live.”

“That's good, lass, keeping ye head clear of anger when fighting, is the first step to keeping your head attached to where it belongs. Your job and duty is to be seeing your adversary head, and not yours rolling across the floor.

I will make preparations to be taking ye to me Keep, so we can get in some practice time. Until then I need you to use that exercise room I just finished down the hall from your apartment to do some weight training to build up your arms and legs so ye can swing steel without getting winded or slow."

“Oh great, more homework, just what I need.”

“It is said that the pen is mightier than the sword, but always remember the sword speaks louder, at any time or place. So its yer choice lass, it's either that homework, or practicing writing out ye will and last testament! “

. I get it

Betty

“I understand James there is nothing I want to do more than to put all these silly dream memories to a test to see if this is real or is this just me having give away nothing dreams. I know all of your charges in the past came already knowing the stuff you are going to need to teach me. I am sorry that you need to scrape the bottom of the barrel to teach me the rudimentary basics”.

“AI Ann and the rest of my charges from antiquity were already well blooded warriors who already had finely honed combat skills. But the last thing I want to happen is for you to get into the habit of mixing it up in a fur ball fight. You are irreplaceable, Betty, please, for me heart, start thinking that way. A good sword arm can be hired or trained, sensibility requires that I need for you to be good enough to protect your self, if some one gets past me.”

“James I need to tell you about some recent things happenings with me. If it isn't enough with me dealing with people planning my demise. These hand me down dreams of fighting Romans with all of that gore and viscera. I feel that these memories are from a past life so apart of me I need to remember and use. This women is seriously crazy when it comes to fighting the Romans. And those emotions are bleeding through to this time, she died angry very angry, the only time I ever felt so angry is before I transitioned.”

James

“That bad lass, its nay any wonder ye have been out of sorts today. Is there any name or time period you can give me.”

Betty's face and voice softened as she brought the memories forward. “It is during the Roman attempt to subdue the tribes of the north. A two walls had been built by the Romans across the width of Briton, the first is Hadrian's wall of fitted stone and the start of a second of dirt and wood north of the first. “

I saw the towering blaze behind Betty's eyes flair, there was a struggle between Betty and these memories. I became worried at what I was witnessing not knowing just what was going on. Then suddenly Betty used her commanding voice telling who ever.

“You will not use me to harm James; he is a good friend and not the person you knew that long ago so mind your manners or so help me by the Morrgaine I swear I will banish you totally and absolutely,”

Then with a determined look Betty looked back at me and smiled. “Sorry about that James I had to dunk a wild cat to calm her down. It would seam this incarnation of myself knew you and wants to chop you to pieces as crow treats. Do you remember a women who would holds a grudge for 1700 years who's name was Alease”

My blood froze in its tracks, what sense of perversity would this universe chose to preserve that particular Alpha She Wolf. Alease was the surviving sister of the pair that wandered the lower highlands stomping the best Rome could muster against them. Next to Queen Boccaccio those were the fiercest fighters Rome ever encountered, but unlike the Queen Boccaccio those two fought using both there heads and there hearts. Now the women I have sworn to protect turns out to be the reincarnation of the one person who 1700 years ago came the closest to almost ended me.

Betty now has a self aware portion of her who swore a blood oath that she would kill me in the most savage manner. I have an entirely new appreciation of Betty's strength holding that hell hound off of me carcass.

Betty

The look on James’ face was burned into my mind. I had to strangle Alease to stop her from using me to choke the life out of James and there. With the help of the connection I presently have with the Morrgaine I was able to stop her in time.

Good gravy I was really a bloody bitch back then, I took no prisoners and was harder than a stone, no quarter no mercy, for those who hunted my people. This Alease wanted to use a broken plate to perform a Bries on James, then splitting him in two with a dull stone knife. And until the Morrgaine explained to Alease ,where the bear pooped in the long grass, I was very close to erasing her completely by banishing her to the nether realm.

“James, I am so sorry about this, Alease never mentioned her mortal enemies, good goddess that women scares me.!”

“Betty, there is nothing to apologize about, Alease and I have a very complected past. She came the closest to ending me than any other foe I ever faced. If there is any one I could have to teach you how to fight the way I need you to fight I would choose her.
We just need to find a way that the two of our personalities can coexist, and not kill one another.”

“I will never allow anyone to hurt you. You are family more than any thing else; and I have it on the word of the Morrigan that she will not allow Alease to run off the rails in hurting you.”

“I appreciate that, lassie, to be sure that women gives me the cold chills, and that is saying something.”


Back at the ranch

Betty

Just after lunch dinner I received a call from Louise asking me if there was any problem with the girl’s staying for maybe two more days. There was an old fashion carnival Louise’s Sister and law was running and the kids were having a grand old time. So who be it me to squash fun especially on the week end, so after a quick talk to the both of them letting them know I will miss them and then being regaled by both of them how much more fun they were having than being home with me. Sniff

With the girl’s spending a second night in Blessings that gave me some unexpected time for trying some outlandish things out. The first thing was to use one of the empty below grade store rooms for magical practicing. It was a real fun time bouncing empty metal 55 gal oil drums all over the floor.

Control was harder here than around Fay's home, plus the energy is thinner here as well but if I can throw something the size and weight of a steel 55 gallon drum you have something that is useful. Getting the range and experience working in this world but I have a long way to go, and the only way to get there is practice, practice, and did I say practice.

The next point of tonight's work out was the free weights following the video instructions left by James. Nothing that required a spotter, just simple repetitive work creating the burn that tells you it's time to stop for now, tomorrow is another day. After three hours of the combined work out I was sweaty really thirsty and in need of a good night's sleep.


Where do we Stand

Strong Bear

I had called a general core council meeting to fill every one in as the extent of our good fortune.

“Good evening and thank you for coming what I have to share with you the news from our harvest this year. We all know the hesitation all of us felt involving the people of Haven in our harvest. The mother of all smiled on us this year. We started looking for just a handful of pickers and she sent us an army of volunteers. The folks from Haven has allowed us to exploit the early local markets before any others got there first crop out of the field. So we are standing down for a week or so allow the late maturing crop to fill in and then we can have a couple three days of gleaning for our and Havens food storage.

It was because we accepted that offer I am here to tell all of you that this years harvest has been the most profitable and largest we ever had. That was mainly due to our dedicated staff caring for the crop all season long.
But Haven’s dedication to reconnecting with our people by helping us as neighbors has helped propel us onto the Gourmet food market. We not only broke into this market for the first time this year, we were well received. Those restaurant clientele are now negotiating with my staff to become there supplier for there early market next year as well. The beauty of this is that we have cut out the middle man skimming the profit for themselves. That one step has allowed us to see the full market value of our crops.

They also allowed us to need only three and one half weeks to get in the crop that normally with full payed picking crews help we would be lucky to get things wrapped up by six weeks with a loss of fifteen to twenty percent due to early frosts. This year we only lost a few tomato plants in a low lying area due to early low pockets of frost. Our crop yield’s were very high this year making this a banner year for our agricultural branch. We posted the highest profits we ever have in the thirteen years we have been at this project,

This was partially due to the Haven volunteers If we had to bid for pickers through the staffing agency's would have exceeded thirty five thousand to forty thousand dollars plus we would have far fewer people getting the crop in. The people of Haven have chosen to take the field gleanings as payment for there work and are willing to sign agreements to help each year from now as long as they are there to help, for the same payment

I am pleased to announce that for an out of pocket expenses of sixty thousand dollars, we have profited just from the gourmet restaurant market, two hundred and eighty thousand dollars. Plus another one hundred forty eight thousand dollars from our bulk sales to the fresh vegetable suppliers like Whole Foods and other up market providers who followed the recommendations of the gourmet restaurants and sought us out.

Havens people also providing us the use the Snow Goose to transport the product to the old produce processing siding in Haven where again with our help and direction the volunteers trimmed, cut, cleaned and packed every order we had for lower process and transportation cost to our customer. They were able to access Haven’s loading dock far easier than all most all of our competition. “

“Strong Bear if I may ask how much did we pay our pickers?”

“Twenty thousand dollars for the vegetable pickers council women White Faun, maam.”

“So for a cost of sixty thousand dollars we profited four hundred twenty eight thousand dollars. We also provided people here with income at the same time, can we consider that payroll really a cost, the people who earn that money here live here and spend shouldn't it be considered a profit? And what about our fruit market this year,”

“White Faun that is how I would count it but for tax purposes it is a cost of production.
It is one of the few places the tax law works for us. And the fruit market is a separately operated venture from the field vegetable one. I think the cost was about forty five thousand dollars and a profit near to one hundred and sixty thousand, I do not have the total of that division with me. We are also checking on converting our marketing to the upmarket ventures as well. Our extensive use of beneficial insects and bug traps our fruit is nearly unblemished as a factory farm, with superior flavor and texture. So next year we hope to see a much higher profit from this year with far less running around looking for markets to take our products. The markets will be coming to us instead with money in hand.”

Next the elder Shield man Stone Fox asked me “How well did the leadership of Haven conduct them selves? That is something I have interest in particular” I deferred the answering of that question to Greta and Gretchen.

Greta elaborated “The process worked as well as a well oiled machine because of Havens leadership. Louise and Betty pitching in where ever needed. No job was refused even the most dirty and hard to do. We had to send Betty home because she was working too many hours and Louise was very close to having us do the same.”

“So from your perspective what has changed in Haven to make this possible?”

All three of us at the same time said “Betty White Owl”.

“Bear, how can you three explain this in simple terms an old man can understand?”

I answered “Betty is a very complex leader , who uses tried and true Lakota people methods based on what she had learned as a child from her Lakota grandmother.
Betty's Medicine power pried open Rip Van Havens eyes. Suddenly they are talking and planing and asking for guidance from ours and their leadership.

Phoenix like our fellowship has been reborn all because Betty said Can we? then Louise said to Greta Why not, then. Greta said to Gretchen Should we? then Gretchen said Why not. So I had the common sense to followed those wise woman's lead”

“Strong Bear, do you understand what you just said?”

“Yes I do”

“Then I am not going crazy, so did I,. that's a first, Bear. One more question. can you explain why here and now.”

“Fox this was a breakthrough that had to be made by our work and great spirit dipped his creative brush into great mysteries paint pot and painting a new tomorrow, where there was once none. All of this came together due to a modern refugee, a single women following her intent to find a home for her and her family wandering into the broken down village of Haven. Once there she and her family decided here is where we stand. Betty is properly not doing anything besides point the way from out in front.

There has been suggestions to dust off those old projects update them and see which ones we want to continue. How we do this and what we do is up to us. Those decisions are our job's, we the people must decide what to do, when, and how to go about accomplish things we need and want to do. “

“Well Bear we need to take this to the full council before we commit any resources in that direction. Remember you have experienced directly the spirits of these people many others have not so are not so sure about the trust you have in this new alliance.
There are others who would want to have a word with Betty about those past broken promises.” Stone Fox was emphatic about this point.

Greta interjected quietly “ Peat, Betty has asked me to request permission for her to speak at the next general council meeting. She has also requested that the offended parties attend so she can try to answer some of the questions then.”

“Greta does that women have a death wish or does she want to experience Jesus plight at Gethsemane. There are many not that happy that this harvest has been so successful. George told me the other day that if a cloud spits a few drops of rain it doesn't mean the drought is over. And he is the optimist of that group, what exactly does she come with to offer at this time.”

“Mocking Bird has always been wise with his words and he does have a good point. I think this harvest was a good first step. Now all of us need to see if they can keep delivering in the future, I certainly feel, they passed this first test. I think the others that worked with the Haven crew agree with that. Now it is time for more of our people to start watching what Haven is doing to continue walking there talk. Louise and Betty understand this as well. That's why they proposed a follow up project that will mean a lot to us this coming winter. But we need the council’s permission, Peat, to proceed.“

“ Louise has proposed a follow on project already?” White Fawn interjected.

“Yes, White Fawn, Louise knows that we were left holding the bag with quite a few projects. What she is offering at this time is to put a rush on finishing the last little bit of the rail line refurbishment to reach Blessings. They will supply all the material they have and the man power to finish the refurbishment of the rail lines to Blessings as long as the weather holds. In the spring the work will continue as far as the material will stretch. There will be contracts drawn up to state the basic ground rules.”

Fox was thoughtful for a moment before continuing “That will go a long way of convincing some of the nay Sayers. Hell that would even impress Mocking bird and I. But God help them if they fail to follow through. That's my warning.”

“Fox these folks just want that chance and only the weather or lack of materials would be the likely slow down of this project.”

“OK I will talk to those of the council, who are not here, then get back to you. Folks lets call this a night before you tell me Betty can multiple fishes and loaves or walk on water.”

Strong Bear

The entire room broke up in laughter at Fox's droll comment, but that's something to think about, are we building her up too much. We need to take a step back, and make sure we are correct. Our people are so precious, we can not afford making a mistake by backing the wrong pony. It is about the people not our emotional reactions. Our people is what counts there welfare is our center and purpose for being here. And Stone Fox's words put me in my place reminding me of that.

I Spy

Sam

I was told by the foreman that the boss wanted to see me before I left today so I walked down to the office trailer and knocked on the door.

“Come on in Sam, it's unlocked”
Going in I just had to quip about his accurate guess it was me.

“That's easy, Sam, you are the only one polite enough to knock the rest just barge in.”

“You didn't dare do that in Iraq or the officer was likely to shoot you and ask questions later. It's just a hold over from the day.”

“Sam it's more than that it's you are polite and disciplined unlike the rest of this crew. Good God mam if I had just a few more like you I would be blessed. Sam your a good advertisement for people to hire a vet. I just wanted to tell you thanks for being such a good hand at what you do. And I want to let you know that you can take tomorrow and Friday and Saturday off with pay. Before you get your beak bent out of shape I will see you on Monday morning, you get time off for good work.

It's embarrassing to say this Sam but you are so far ahead, of us guys we need to double time it, just to catch up. I also just ran out of pneumatic line to run the jack hammer and drills you use. You are just so efficient at what you do you have gotten six day's of work done in three this week. So I just can't in my right couscous dun you those three days pay so take it off go enjoy your time off come back refreshed.”

Some how he got that out in one breath

“Boss do you always talk so fast that no one can get a word in sideways?”

“Sam, yes I do, it saves me time and words. You are not the only one who did time in the service.”

“What branch, sir?”

“Navy SeeBees in Nam we dug paved and constructed with one hand and shot back with the our hand.”

“That's interesting my Grand dad was a See Bee during Korea he was at Inchon with MacArthur He taught me everything I know, about how to get things done. He often told me there motto “The difficult we do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer” My great grand father worked on the Alcan Highway during W-W2 with the Army Core of Engineering.”

“Small world we live in Sam it's good to see that someone like you continued the old days traditions. Hey kid this is your Friday Sam, go get lost see you next week.”

It's nice when the boss is pleased enough with your work to pay you for taking days off. So I have Thursday, Friday and Saturday off this week so I was out doing a little wolf spotting to take the edge off. All is fair in love and mate hunting, he spied on me I am going to return the favor. Maybe that's the way wolves shop for potential mates. They sniff each other out from a distance at first. Then if they like what they see and smell there is a get together for a casual meal say over a fresh deer carcass.

Futurus Persevero
[To be Continued]
Remember your comments are the Tiermisu in a writers life our egos need to know how we are doing so please leave a comment.
Celtic_Animal_Ornament.png
up
113 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Two Quick Things

terrynaut's picture

I love that you used "Good gravy" in this chapter. I say it quite frequently but I've never heard of anyone else using it.

I continue to hope for more romance. I like the setup for Sam. I look forward to see how her wolf spotting goes.

I'd add more but I'm in England now and it's getting late here. I need a shower and bed.

Thanks and kudos!

- Terry