Hopscotch…A Jump in Life 19

Printer-friendly version

Hopscotch…A Jump in Life 19

*Before…

“Yes, if that’s the rumors that you’ve been hearing then it’s true. I’m transgender. I always have been but with most of everything that was Shawn kind of broken and gone now there was all of this stuff that I was hiding from all of you and my family and yeah really likely myself.”

Well that’s done.

I go back to looking through my Facebook and going through old posts and shares and even looking into the accounts of the people that I have on my friends lists and what they’ve been acting like or saying and stuff.

Maybe there’s some people that I can talk to, some that might talk to me.

But those other three…they’re not friends so yeah…Blocking…Banhammer time.

*And Now…

There’s a lot of things that I’m finding on my Facebook and the first thing is that I…that Shawn didn’t have a whole lot of friends that were from here that were on his friends list.

And that secondly it didn’t take long for my status update to hit the walls of people that respond.

Jo-Beth Long… So you’re like Jazz?

Danny Singer… Cool, it’s about time we had people stop hiding out and pretending in this town.

Me… Well I think I was in hiding and I wasn’t coming out and stuff. But right now it’s all gone.

Jo-Beth Long… Really?

Me… Yeah, I didn’t even recognize my parents.

Danny Singer… Whoa dude.

Danny Singer… Sorry didn’t mean dude like dude.

Me… It’s okay I kinda figured that.

Jo-Beth Long… Yeah there’s going to be a lot of people that are going to be shitty about this.

Me… I kind of gathered that. I’ve been wondering about things with my old life and school. It’s hard to put things together from things here. I’ve been wanting to find out what Shawn was like, who my friends were.

Danny Singer…I’m in the other class but you were okay.

Jo-Beth Long… Yeah kinda cute but kinda quiet too.

Me… Cute? *Blushing*

Jo-Beth Long… Actually yeah in that sort of skinny grungy way.

Me… Grungy? I didn’t wash?

Jo-Beth Long… LOL no, but you had like that mop of messy hair like in your eyes and stuff like those old grunge rockers and you wore like old jeans and old sneakers and hoodies and like baggy way big army jackets.

Me… Wow I kind of sound anti-social.

Danny Singer… No you like talked to people but you hung out with those three guys mostly that you were in the accident with.

Me… So not a lot of friends then, I wasn’t dating anyone?

Jo-Beth Long… No not that we like knew about, you were kind of just there most of the time.

Danny Singer… Holly Johnston, I used to see you hanging out with her sometimes.

I stop and I do a friends search for her name and I don’t find her there. (Frowns)

Me…I can’t find her on my page, who is she?

Jo-Beth Long… She’s one of the metal head punker kids.

Me… Huh?

Jo-Beth Long… Y’know kinda goth but less black and more like army boots and stuff shaved sides of her head and her hair always changing color and like a ton of piercings.

Me… Is there something wrong with that?

Danny Singer… I don’t think she’s on Facebook.

Me… Oh.

Jo-Beth Long… No but well she’s got like a rep for like being one of those kinds of girls.

Me…What kind of girls?

Jo-Beth Long… Lesbian or like y’know like the whole term for super not a version and drinking and smoking and drugs.

Danny Singer… I seen her drink before and smoke but heck I do that every once in a while.

Jo-Beth Long… Danny! Really you’re only like sixteen.

Danny Singer… Yeah and I’m no Angel it’s not like I go out and get ripped every weekend but yeah.

Me… I don’t think that I smoke, I haven’t had a craving and I’ve smelled the ciggy smoke from the people outside smoking when I’ve been in the lobby and it like didn’t set off any cravings.

Jo-Beth Long… Good Bleech.

Danny Singer…Sounds like you didn’t or like didn’t often.

Me…I have no idea if I drank or not other than they said none of us had any drugs or alcohol in our systems in the accident.

Danny Singer… yeah we heard that in the papers and stuff and the news like back when it happened.

Me… I still really don’t know what happened, I had a PTSD flashback in that scan coffin thingy and that was like the car rolling and a lot of blood.

Jo-Beth Long… Oh fuck you okay?”

Me… Oh no way not by a long shot.

Danny Singer… Good, seriously admitting stuff like that’s a good thing I think.

Me… I don’t think I really have a choice in that. I mean I was feeling all these trans feelings and stuff but kept my mouth shut because it was really freaking me out and stuff but I kind of outed myself in the scan coffin thing.

Adam Keeler… Glad you’re awake.

Me… Uhm do I know you too?

Adam Keeler… sort of you helped me out with Max Wilson.

Me… I don’t know who that is?

Danny singer… Bully, Serious Neanderhole.

Me… Me…Bully I stood up to a bully?

Adam Keeler… Uhm yeah I’m kinda not the fighter type.

Jo-Beth Long… DPS Hunter?

Adam Keeler… LOL not even, Gnome Warrior with no PVP gear.

Danny Singer… *Snerk* Max smells like a Trollic orgy.

Me… Eeeww…so what did I do Adam?

Adam Keeler… You got in his face when he was going to thrash me and you literally were like right in his face staring up at him and almost like you were daring him to hit you or something it was kind of scary. I mean you and like no offence you were like kind of scary.

Me… Uhm…wow…I mean that sort of doesn’t feel like it sounds like me. I’ve been sort of a wreck ever since all of this stuff happening with me coming out and everything.

Jo-Beth Long… Death wish?

Danny Singer… Actually you might have. I mean I’ve heard like a lot of people who go through the trans stuff do dangerous stuff, it’s like a kind of cutting thing with the pain or the rush making you feel something else or like why there’s like some of them in like the army and stuff.

Me… That…That I could see. You kind of know stuff about this Danny?

Danny Singer… Yeah kind of, just stuff I’ve sort of like read and all.

Me…Why read up on any of it?

Danny Singer… Because I know some other trans people online and stuff.

Me… Well that’s pretty cool for me thanks.

Danny Singer… NP like I said it’ll be cool to actually have someone being real in school for a change.

Me… Can I ask though both you and Jo-Beth how we’re connected?

Danny Singer…Just school we went to elementary together and stuff so it was just kind of a mutual FB Like not like we ever did hang out together.

Me…Oh…Well we could change that maybe, I mean if you like.

Danny Singer…Sure, I’ll come over and see you after school tomorrow?

Me…Sounds good you can meet Kaitlyn.

Danny Singer… Kaitlyn?

Me…Another friend who’s coming over from Kitchener.

Jo-Beth Long…Cool can I come over and visit too?

Me…Okay sure.

Jo-Beth Long… Uhm we just kind of knew each other from class but not really we’re kind of like you and Danny just sort of FB friends like because and stuff.

Me… That’s okay you’re like talking to me and stuff now.

Adam Keeler… I can’t come if I’m like invited I have to work.

Me…Work?

Adam Keeler… It’s Saturday I work over at the Bakery on McAddams Street.

Me…I don’t know where that is?

Jo-Beth Long… Oh they do serious nommingful things there.

Me…Really, that sucks I’m still not really on solids yet.

Jo-Beth Long… Eeew, sorry that sounds sucky.

Me…It is Dad helps with like really good soups and stuff but I’m dying for a burger.

Adam Keeler… When you’re on solids I’ll bring you some food.

Me… Yay! *Happy butt dancing in bed.*

Adam Keeler… You’re in bed?

Me… My back, I’m only good upright for so long with all the damage. They’re saying I’ll be doing physiotherapy for a long time and I’ll never be like back to real normal.

Danny Singer… Sucks *Gentle Hugs*

Adam Keeler… *Waits in line and then hugs.*

Jo-Beth Long…*Pushes boys out of the way and hugs.*

Me… *Blushing.* You guyz rock.

Danny Singer…Naturally, you want me to try and see if I can get ahold of Holly?

Me… Please?

Danny Singer…NP I’ll log back on once I get in touch with her.

Me…Okay, I’ll seen you all soon? I kind of got to go I’m kinda of fading on you and stuff.

Danny Singer… Okay Nighters.

Adam Keeler…Okay I gotta crash too really early hours and stuff.

Jo-Beth Long…Night guys I’ll talk to you later I’m going to go raid.

They all kind of are gone after that and I’m kind of just sitting there wiping the odd tear leaking out of kind of like relief. There’s some more answers and there’s people that kind of sort of know me and stuff but more importantly they want to know me.

Sarah me…Well I think I mean that they mean me; the whole thing was on Shawn’s page and all.

And Adam…wow…Shawn stood at least for something.

I really can’t like see me being brave though, crazing and wanting to get hurt maybe but brave?

Though it’s kind of nice to know that Shawn wasn’t like an ass to people.

And I am tired…and tomorrow is likely going to be a busy day and things.

I wipe at my eyes again and power down and close my laptop and try and get comfortable and get some sleep before Mom or the staff show up for stuff tomorrow.

up
225 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yay for new friends!

erica jane's picture

I'm glad that Sarah's found new friends. Friends can really make the difference.

~And so it goes...

filling in the gaps

I'm glad she has some friends from before who are understanding of the trans thing.

DogSig.png

Not having to do

Penitence for who you were is really cool, not having to out live been an anal sphincter is a blessing right now and clears the way for her to integrate there personalty back into a real person..

Huggles

You misbehaving Faerie

With those with open eyes the world reads like a book

celtgirl_0.gif

Great chapter

Looking forward to more keep up the good work it's an amazing story

For every book there is a worm eating up the knowledge

Thank you so very much Bookworm.

Every comment is a big help and encouragement.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Relief, yes

Podracer's picture

Nice to find that not everyone hates your past self. A rocky and limited social life wouldn't be too surprising, nor Shawn being withdrawn or moody at school. It's not easy to turn off your family or personal problems to get on at school or work, or avoid taking worries home.
Sarah is going to have a new set of them, fingers crossed she has the character and support to live well.
You've written into existence another human, Bailey.

"Reach for the sun."

so very amazing

Though not surprising, Bailey you are consistently one of the top story tellers bringing thought and feelings to each character you share. Thank you so much for sharing.

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

long night

so far. so where is this one taking place? she did mention Angel in one of her band talks but not SB. some real people talking look like their calming her too. or maybe just stress relief.
good chapter, thanks

Yes she did mention Angel.

But it was more like about her look and someone to sort of emulate. It's taking place in Ontario in a small unnamed fictional town.
*Hugs and Howls.*

Bailey Summers