A Simple Choice - Foreword

Printer-friendly version

A Simple Choice

There is a difference between a foreword and a prologue, and here we have a prime example of a foreword.

When I first began writing this story, I began like I always do with any of my stories: I create a cast of characters to begin, and then start by putting them into situations that they react to. This was seeming to work fine, but when I got to the end of chapter 1 realized that I was missing a huge portion of this story.

You see, unlike any of my other stories, this was truly the story of two people, not just one. Decades of romance stories have told us that a romance can easily be the story of a single individual, but that’s just not the case. Any romance is two people coming together and forming a story between themselves, a story that binds them together.

Neither of my characters is more important to this story than the other. The only reason one of them get’s the A reel and the other gets the B reel is that I wrote the story for one of them first. That character will keep the preeminence for the rest of this story, however long that will last.

That being said, I personally feel that both characters’ stories are important. If you’d like, you are welcome to just read the A or the B story until I complete it. I’ll be organizing the pages so that they will separate the A and B. I will, however, include links at the end of each story to take you through the alternating A/B storyline where you will get each time period from both perspectives.

Personally, I think that’s the best way to read the story. It is, after all, the way I’m writing it.

up
66 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you

I know that this was written a while ago and is unlikely to be finished, but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. The characters pulled me in straight away.
I wish there was more!