'She Who Dares Wins'

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Permission: 

whodareswins.jpg

‘She Who Dares Wins’

By JulieDCole

Sorry to be selfish but I thought I might just try one more story in the style I used for ‘Lest We Forget’. I don’t expect the same result but it was fun to write.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Autumn leaves have fallen and the first frosts are on the ground. Long evenings of wishing and hoping lie ahead. I always enjoyed this time of the year. Autumn colors suit me.

Geooooorge!!!

I’m here. Don’t worry I’m coming.

Come on or we’ll be late.

Just let me fix my hair. It’s a mess ever since I re-styled it this morning.

Come on it’ll be fine. Anyway it’s windy outside so just bring your brush with you and put it in your bag.

I’m not bringing a bag am I? My God I don’t know if I’ve got one to match these shoes. Do you think I should change them and wear my black patent ones? The heels are a bit high and I never went far in them.

Come on or no point to go. Leave the bloody shoes as they are and get your backside down here before I come up there and drag you down.
But now you made me feel stupid. I need a bag and I only have two. Can I borrow one of yours?

For goodness sake please. Take one. They’re in the tall wardrobe. Let me help. My God you’re worse than any woman. You’ve been getting ready for 3 hours and just look at the state of this room. It looks like a bomb’s dropped in here. I never realized your hoard was so big. How did you manage to hide it from me for so long?

I err..

Never mind we don’t have time for that or we’ll lose our table. You know how there’s always a waiting list and Sevey doesn’t know it’s our booking. He won’t recognize the name you used.

OK, OK I’m coming.

You see you look fine. That bag works and the shoes are close enough. You never had this trouble waiting for me. I was always on time. Look we’re late and now we’ll have to hope the traffic has died.

Who’s driving me or you?

I can’t drive like this can I. I’m wearing heels. Anyway I need my glasses and these don’t match do they.

Who’s gonna’ see you? it’s almost dark and you don’t need them for reading. Come on I’ll drive but you have to drive home since I will be drinking. You have to play the full part. You promised. By the way you look pretty. Your legs are perfect. When did you shave?

I didn’t or I’d be cut to ribbons. I had them waxed this morning whilst you were being re-styled with Jane. How was she? Did she want to know what was going on? She’s always prying into our business. She’s got the hots for you I know she has.

Come on are you jealous? Jane and I go back a long way as you know. She never settled like we did. She was always a bit offside I’m afraid. I learned to follow the rules and that’s when we met. Are you glad we did?

Of course but I never expected this?

You mean you never dreamed of this. You’re going to owe me big time. If you like it we may make it a regular event. Certainly it’s a great way to use up our holiday entitlements.

So your legs look really smooth. There is no trace of hair. Turn around let me take a look. I should try a wax myself. I never had the courage.

It wasn’t bad at all. It’s not like I’m a gorilla or anything. I almost had a pedicure but I chickened out there were too many other customers and I was the only male. I think I made their day. Something to gossip about I suppose. I might get a few remarks if I go that way again but I think it was worth it don’t you.

Yes. You should have tried the pedicure. It’s a pity. Maybe you can try next weekend. Once you built up your confidence going out and being full time like this you’ll be just fine.

I’m so nervous. Do you think anybody will recognize me or see the man in me?

Sweetheart I haven’t seen the man in you for a long time so I’ll be delighted if someone show’s me where he is. I need some action sometime soon. I never went so long in all my life.

I didn’t mean that I meant do you think I look like a man in a dress.

No. You don’t at all. I always knew you had a feminine side but right now there are no sides. You’re the full circumference. I wish I had the legs to carry that skirt. I never wore it because the fit was wrong. Have you padded at the back or is that really you in there?

It’s me. Course it is? I always had a problem with mens fit. All the clothes I have fit much better.

Yes I must admit you have a sexy butt for a guy. You always had.

Where did you put the keys?

Oh it’s chilly tonight. Oh my skirt is blowing. You didn’t tell me. I should have worn trousers and a coat.

Come on or we’ll meet ourselves coming back. You can borrow my wrap. Here I already got it out.

Thanks. Sorry to be so much trouble.

No need to be sorry. I’m quite pleased to get this chance. It’s a long time since I took a girl on a date and I am looking forward to the next two weeks just as much as you if truth be known.

You look nice dear. Did you pad out too?
Course I did. I had to present as if this girl was having an effect on me. Anyway it’s you that’s going to have to deflect the attention and the looks and glances. I’m on the other side tonight. I can look around to my hearts content.

Don’t keep touching yourself. What did you use.

Wouldn’t you like to know? If you’re lucky you’ll find out later. If you think you’re hair’s out of place now just wait till morning. I am already ready so I just hope I can last the pace. I think you turned me on before we set out. Are you sure you want to go?

Yes of course. Stop it please and calm yourself. Oh the drive is very slippy. It’s like an ice rink. I should have left the car at the top.

Well you never thought about that before did you when it’s me in the heels. Here hold my arm. Watch out for the dip here.

Thanks. I’m sorry. I should have realized it’s not easy to walk down a sloping drive when the frosts are coming in. I don’t want to fall or break a heel. These are new shoes. The soles are really shiny.

They look good on you. You’ll turn a few heads. Look there is our neighbor staring out of the window.

What? Where quick don’t let him see me like this. I’ll never live it down.

Don’t be silly. Over the next two weeks he’ll see the new couple going back and forth. He’s sure to speak with you looking like that.

But he never speaks. He’s miserable.

He speaks to me and I think he’ll speak to you. So watch out. He is a womanizer for sure. I don’t trust his type.

But he’ll recognize me straight away. Won’t he?

Maybe. But you sure look the part and there isn’t much sign of the husband in you. Anyway he won’t have looked at you like he’ll be looking at you when he catches a glipse in the daylight hours. You watch. You might find he is tidying the garden or up in a bedroom window. It’s amazing how often he pops up. Just watch.

But surely he’ll put two and two together and he’ll guess it’s me.

Why. If he speaks which is rare just tell him you’re your sister and you and I have gone over to her place for a break. Swopping houses for a break or something. He won’t be listening anyway. He’ll be too busy checking you out. He could strip wallpaper with those eyes.

You never told me. Is he always like that?

Yes but if he’s not careful I’ll let him know I’ve spotted him looking at you.

But your’e not thinking of letting him see you are you. With you dressed like this?

Why not? I could be your lover and partner. He’s never met your sister has he and he’s hardly ever spoken to her brother. His eyes will be elsewhere when I am speaking to him. If I do. Better I stay clear in case I cause trouble. I’ve been looking for the chance to give him one.

Oh I never expected these complications. Let’s go back indoors.

Too late you made your bed so now you have to lie in it. Welcome to another world.

OK if you are sure. If you say so I’ll go through with it. Thanks. And really thanks for helping me realize a dream. I thought my chance would never come and I was worried I was looking past my sell by date.

No. I think this is perfect timing. We both needed a new experience.

‘Who Dares Wins.’
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
The engine started first time and purred as we pulled out of the driveway.

So did I. !!!!

up
263 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

style worked well.

Haha! The writing style you worried about was grand for this fun story.

Many cliches were turned around in a hilarious way.

Grand

is a complement indeed in the UK. Especially in Scotland. It's always nice to see another reader. The neighbor name is Beaumont. Nothing to do with the society. He just leans on the fence as says 'Wot no girls?'. He used to spoil all the fun. There is always one.

Jules

Good Luck Driving Home...

...if one of them's going to be drinking and the other won't have his glasses. George's wife's non-response to that concern reduced my respect for her quite a bit.

That along with what she was suggesting near the end -- that she was encouraging this "vacation" at least as much for her own enjoyment as for his -- made me wonder if she was totally self-centered, however well it may have squared with his desires in the matter. (Not that we're dealing with coercion here.)

Eric

Julie's style.... a winner as always!

First story 've read after being away.... made me glad to have come back!
Kiss, kiss, love Ginger xx

Welcome back

You have made my day. We all need some encouragement sometimes and when mixed with a little affection it works wonders.
Big hugs

Jules

nothing worse than a convert!

Loved the story, it wondeful how the "special girls" take as long as or indeed longer than the real ones, giggle

Heidi Hi

It's always nice to receive a message, especially from a relatively new member. So many stories at your disposal. Like I found, when I joined. It's like looking in a sweetshop window. Which to choose? You must like soft centers.

Jules

Nice little vignette.

Always a delight to read a different take on starting out on the road we all know so well. Thanks Julie. It's even better to have a partner who's supportive and equally encouraging.

Bev.

bev_1.jpg

It did better than I expected

Maybe you just took me to a century of kudos.
It's a nice feeling to follow the success I had with Lest We Forget that was sure to get nice reaction because of the timing.
Now I can swing the bat a bit.

Jules

I was far from home

When I wrote this story and my head was spinning with everything that was going on at the time. The story took me home and helped me relax and get a good nights sleep. I haven't read it since my last response to a comment and I'm glad you posted that made me read it again.
Hugs

Jules