'Fine' by Julie D Cole

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Permission: 

photo13.jpg

Fine.

What do you mean ‘Fine’? Do you mean it looks good or not?

Fine .

Grr Fine what sort of a response is that?

Fine.

You don’t like it do you?

It’s fine so do what you have to do. Just don’t involve me.

What’s wrong with you tonight?

Nothing.

Come on something’s wrong with you. It’s not like this is the first time. What’s wrong with you tonight?

Nothing.

Nothing. It can’t be Nothing. You’re angry with me aren’t you? Don’t you think I should enjoy myself. What’s wrong with me spending time dressed like this? Does this outfit suit me. It won’t affect our relationship will it?

‘Go Ahead’.

Grrr . ‘Go Ahead’ Does that mean you don’t mind? Do I have your permission or not?

‘Whatever’

What do you mean ‘Whatever’? I told you before we were married. You’ve never objected. You like us to spend girly time together don’t you. Is that whats wrong? Is it because I’m going out with my friends I promise I won’t let you down. It’s not like I fancy any of them they are just friends. Are you saying you object? Shouldn’t do this? Can I go or not?

Whatever.

Sometimes you really infuriate me Helen. Bloody Fine, Bloody Nothing, Bloody Go Ahead, Bloody Whatever. Is that all you have to say. How am I supposed to understand and react? This is me. I can’t help it. I’m so sorry if it upsets you. Look at the expression on your face. You’re mad with me aren’t you? I’ve decided I have to go. My friends are outside in the car. I’ll be good I promise. I’ll bring you something back as a treat. I’ll be ready for anything you like if you wish. You know it turns you on.

That’s Okay.’

‘That’s Okay’. Does that mean you’ll be ready waiting for me? I know you. If I go I’m in trouble aren’t I? Now I’m so confused. I’m supposed to be a woman inside but I don’t get this one word language you all use. I just don't get it. Maybe I've been too long around the guys...... OK, OK ..... I’m letting them go without me. I’ll stay in with you tonight. Just you and me..... Do you mind if I stay like this and we go upstairs when I come back inside?

Wow’ .

Does that mean you like this afterall? What was wrong? ......... I get it you think I’ve been stupid don’t you?........ I think you want this to be just me and you?.... Am I right?

Wow..... You’re not a stupid man after-all!!!.

..................................................

................... Just short...................... sorry for my humor........ Just a smile for the USA holiday.

up
211 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Fine

rlarueh007's picture

Too Short but good I think?

That's the problem

With womans speak. One word can mean so much.I guess if I'd got more time today I'd have built a longer story around it but I just had a feeling to post it short and sweet. It's always a complement to receive a comment and a kudos.

Jules

Thank you,Julie,

Great!! Typical Julie Cole even when short and to the point.

ALISON

Praise as ever

from Down Under. One of my biggest fans. You always seem to get up before the rest of us. I bet you're up before the sun.
Hugs

Jules

Julie darling,

Me?Up before the sun? Not at my age ,you forget that I am now retired 20 years ,time is not a problem-----just keep
on writing for us darling.By the way,it has just gone midnight here.zzzzzzzzz

ALISON

Made me smile!

Almost "been there got the tee-shirt!" (but for the end :(
Ginger xx

Almost

a 'wow' then?

Jules

PS.....

...it's only just getting dark here! (in lil' ol' England. :)xx

Man-ipulation

Podracer's picture

That's the real meaning of the word, just add the hyphen and it becomes obvious. Someone was enjoying the conversation, in a cruel and smug fashion.
Heh. Thanks Julie :)

"Reach for the sun."