Jem...Chapter 122

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

Jem…Chapter 122

Angel/Jem
Jem…Chapter 122

by Bailey Summers

Copyright © 2013 Bailey Summers
All Rights Reserved.

 


Author's Note: Picture used with permission from *lavonia on deviantart.


 
Chapter 122
 

Chapter 122

*Before…

I get nods and waves and I head upstairs and I hip nudge our door open and Rayne’s there laying on her stomach reading a book and listening to Sarah McLaughlin looking so very laid back and into the book and really, really beautiful.
Right there, she’s exactly why I just wrote that song right there.
She looks up at me and she gives me the sweetest smile as she sit’s up and she brushes some of her hair back out of her eyes and does that little tuck behind her ear…that smile and well just like everything.
“Hey, dinner?” I say.
She smiles. “I’d love some, come here.”
I go over and she slides the book mark into where she was at and she sets it on our nightstand and she takes off another one with that smile again. “C’mon and settle in chere.”
My little canopy over the bed, our blankets and comforters, good music and some comfort food and a good book.
And just stopping.
(Sniffle-Yays)

*And Now…

Honestly really I like my life.

There’s parts of it that are never what I expected but that’s both on the good and the bad side of things really like Adam and his crap which has turned out to be a whole lot of crap and stuff and the way I was being bullied it was.

Get through high school alive and then get out of Harper’s Point alive and way away from all of the Marshall family and the bullying and then who knew?

College? I was thinking then about doing the singer/songwriter thing and well mostly songwriter.

Doing what I’m doing now never really entered into the plan.

But now…singer, songwriter both accredited legally doing well or rather actually kind of making a living financially off of that and a house full of friends and family and I’m in love.

In love’s the biggest thing really, that and my whole being PAIS and Trans.

Seriously I had no idea what was going on with me.

I thought that I’d been sick and I had been and I thought there were things that were wrong with me but I never actually had a clue of those things happening to me.

And honestly I did the whole Angel thing as a way to hide, to help out and it’s like slowly bit by bit I started to get that being Angel wasn’t the fake part of my life.

The thing that completely blows me away about My part in this is how comfortable it feels. I like the clothes and yeah I’m pretty girlie and likely proving a whole bunch of like stereotypes or something but it’s just kind of true. I like looking pretty…okay Rayne has a lot to do with that but looking at it another way my mom does too even my cousin Jenna.

She really makes this sort of easier to take too…there’s something about all of this that a woman like her can exist in a jock football guy like my cousin Jaime was.

And holy crow she’s married and stuff too.

Though as much as that’s a scary thing sort of I can see as far as I can see ahead for Rayne and I and we’re us.

Us is a good thing.

I love Us.

I love being all semi stuffed and semi sleepy and awake and being red too is amazing, it’s even better really than getting red to by a parent I think…or at least as good.

And well it’s Rayne too so it’s tunes and pillows and all super comfy and well…boobs.

Hey I’m a girl that likes girls or this girl so it’s okay for me to be enamored of boobs.

And okay being a girl, being new to being a girl does come with blank spots for me like I read teen girl magazines but they were all band stuff trying to get the vibe of that style of tunes that would be like popular.

Sitting and snuggling while Rayne reads me *Sweep* by Kate Tiernan is a sort of girl thing that I missed out on. I never read books about girls before. And getting that current vibe of feelings and that way that the character felt in the way the story was getting all like strange and twisted with the magic and the witchcraft and wow…those bolded blurb letters at the front of each chapter all like done as it they were like hand written.

It’s a really cool experience for me really I’m definitely kind of into it now and I kind of feel like this is one more thing that I kind of need to catch up on and stuff.

I nuzzle into her neck when she yawns. “I think we need to get more books.”

“Mmmm? More books, will we have the time?”

“We can make time; I kind of would like to have some stuff to read like this.”

“Sure, as long as I get a book case.”

I nod and nuzzle. “I would love to have a book case and maybe one for music too.”

“Music?”

“Records, CD’s whatever we want.”

“Living room.” Rayne says.

My turn for the “Mmmm? Living room?”

Rayne sets the book aside and we slip down into more of a lying down snuggle. “We really don’t use it as the living room so we actually like maybe plan it out and stuff, with the practice stage and where we sit and things but we can like set it all up with records and books and things I mean right now it’s cool but all kind of like happened in stages.”

“Sounds like you have a good idea of what you might want and stuff, we could do that before Christmas with all the work that we’re getting and stuff.”

She nods and we talk about stuff that I honestly have no idea about like suede-paper and kinds of paints and things. It actually sounds pretty cool with a big table for us to use for the laptops and nice couches and love seats but this kind of super fancy wall paper that looks like cloth and leather in a brown and then actually have like the rest a sort of red color and we can have stand up bookcases and things for records and pictures in frames on the walls so it’s look pretty seriously cool and stuff.

And I talk about the garage into the actual office and getting the basement re-done so we can do stuff and even hang out while doing laundry and maybe even getting some new washers and dryers and an ironing board and laundry bench.

And we’re both serious too… I mean laundry sounds so super boring but you have to do it so wouldn’t it be cool for a place to sit, a rug to keep your feet from being chilly or like carpet. I honestly think we need an ironing board and a laundry table or a bench would just actually be useful.

And when you have used stuff for both that might break anytime soon in a cool basement with barely anything there then yeah it’s kind of a thing.

It’s one of those awesome things when you can talk and you can dream together.

And okay add onto that a nice long two hour nap and yeah my life’s pretty great. It was the bathroom fairy that woke me up and the Rayne was up and we make our way downstairs and everyone’s just sort of hanging out and watching TV or well a movie on TV and I’ll always recognize *American Pop* it’s animated and it’s really old animation but it’s really good when animation went through some serious stuff and turned out things like that before everything became Disney over here.

Not that I’m knocking Disney because I love Disney It’s just stuff like Fire and Ice, Flight of Dragons, Last Unicorn and American Pop were things I loved growing up.

Yeah too young for that I know but mom actually had them on dubbed VHS tapes. And I’m a music head so I have American Pop on DVD along with Eddie and the Cruisers movies and Light of Day and Cool World and Rock and Rule as well as both the Heavy Metal movies.

Mike has actually brought a lot of that stuff over.

It’s a nice kind of scene too with Mike and Brooklyn on the couch with Carmen on one of the love seats and Kimmie in front of her and she’s getting her hair done and I thing Carmen’s doing her extensions and Molly’s there sitting on the floor but kind of in that sort of hunch that people do when they’re hunkered over a keyboard but she’s actually got two and she looks like she’s working on one and then she’s checking on her work with the other?

I looked at the screens and it’s all Greek to me.

It looks pretty advanced and all with like what I think’s the inner workings and stuff for our site and stuff and I look at her and she’s still typing and tapping away.

“Hows it going?”

“Awesome…right in the flow.”

Oh…okay I get that with songwriting so… “You want me to get you anything?’

“Coffee please and something sweet if that’s cool.”

“Cheesecake?”

“That would be really, really nummy.”

I grin and slip into the kitchen and wow… okay it’s clean which is a bonus but the bread, even though I didn’t make a really big batch is nearly gone.

There is something in me that loves that though.

Rayne’s already here and she’s already making coffee and she’s cutting bread and has some stuff out.

“Hungry too?”

She looks at me and she blushes. “Yeah.”

I lean on her and the counter and push up and kiss her really deeply. “Good, you skip still too much.”

She exhales this held breath.

Just...just fuck you Summer for doing this to her and getting that shit in her head.

She nuzzles my face and I do the same and I kiss her with another peck. “Get some stuff out I’m hungry too.”

I cut some cheesecake and it’s sure taken a pounding with everyone here in the house and all and I actually cut that piece into squares, yeah that’s odd but when I’m doing something I actually like having stuff like cut to bite sized bits so I can just get a bit at a time and stuff.

I get that and a coffee and take it out to Molly.

She says thanks but she actually doesn’t look at me she’s writing stuff that looks like that funny wing-dings font from MS Word but I know it’s not and it’s not HTML because while I know nothing about it really I sort of know what ti looks like.

I stay a few seconds and I watch and when she does the thing to check on the other computer the screen goes black and then there’s this streaking stars thing like we’re flying through space on the screen.

“Okay that’s pretty cool.”

“I don’t have all the colors right yet I want shifting colors of the stars so they keep changing and stuff, this’ll be the actual backdrop sheet for your page.”

“Oh cool.”

Molly passes me a notepad like the once I write on and there’s this sort of story board with our function links at the top like You Tube and Twitter and those things and there will be local ad windows on the sides of the screen and those will be links and then at the bottom will be our credentials and chamber of commerce and other official links stuff.

We might have chat and we might have recipes and lyrics and an Etsy page too.

I head into the kitchen and grin at Rayne who’s taking things out and she’s looking at me. “You look happy.”

“The site’s actually coming along.”

“Really how cool will it be?”

“Very I think, we’re going to have a pretty good site I think and we’ll even be able to like sell our stuff too through it.”

I head over and start taking some of the food and making sandwiches.

Bread and a little butter…butter keeps it from drying out and then I cut lettuce and do it into strip cuts sort of like you’d get on a fast food burger and then slices of tomato and then I grate a little carrot and I get a little mustard and some honey and I mix it together and I shake just a little ginger into it that I bake with and really stir it good and taste it.

Seriously good, why more people don’t add ginger with mustard and a little sweet…and…just a half teaspoon of apple cider vinegar so it’s not too much, not like overly sweet.

I use that to dress the lettuce a little then put a lot on the sandwich and then the tomatoes (Salt and pepper those.) three slices and then some turkey leftovers and then some mayo just so the turkey will sticky the grated carrot and then the grated carrots and the top slice of bread.

“Ta dah!” I present it to Rayne and she beams.

“Okay that looks really good, how come when I make a sandwich it doesn’t look like that?”

“Because I’m your girlfriend and therefore anything I make for you is like awesome and vice versa.”

“Oh please I can’t cook like you.”

I grin as I make my own and grab some sugar snap peas and some celery as a side. “Hey…I love all of the stuff that you make for me.”

“Oh yeah like coffee.” She actually is pouring me one as she’s saying that.

“Coffee is of the good.” I say as I take the cup from her.

“You’re biased.”

I nod. “Totally and you snuggled me and you made the day so completely awesome and you read to me and you make me feel good about myself Rayne…don’t sell all the things you do short okay?”

She blushes. “Uhm…okay…” And there’s that blushy happy smile that she gets that I love so much and I out the stuff away and grab my plate and head backwards out of the kitchen and into the living room with Rayne following and we’re eating and smiling at each other and it’s just.

It’s definitely the relationship shipping each other stuff y’know.

Smiling at each other as we eat.

We get inside and Brooklyn’s looking at us and at her phone and she grins.

“There’s a party tonight at The WildCat you girls feel like going dancing? They’re having a Spanksgiving holiday bash.”

I choke a little on my mouthful before getting it down. “Spanksgiving?” And it’s The WildCat I sort of have images about the event coming to mind with my last time there.

And Dancing…?

I look at the others.

up
219 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"you make me feel good about myself......"

D. Eden's picture

That says it all right there, and yes, a lot of us sell ourselves short.

It's funny, but when I was trying to be what I thought I was supposed to be I was very arrogant. I used to tell myself and everyone else that it wasn't arrogance - it was confidence. That I was very good at what I did, and if it showed that it was simply because I was confident in my abilities.

That was simply my way of trying to be what I thought I was supposed to be, trying to be the man everyone told me I was supposed to be.

Well, I still know what I am capable of, and I am still very good at it, but I also know that it wasn't confidence - it was all arrogant bluster. Confidence is a quiet thing.

I know that I am a woman now, and I can admit that to myself. I don't need to pretend, to try to be something I'm not, to hide behind a lot of blustery bull shit.

A very nice chapter Bailey.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Angel tries really hard to do well.

To do things that don't leave her feeling scared and emotionally powerless and Rayne...she's trying too but she's dealing hard with her own damage and a lot of self image stuff still.

*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Picturing them

Podracer's picture

Jem and Rayne, the embarrassingly in-love couple who everyone can only smile or roll their eyes at. Ah, young love..

Bailey you end this chapter perfectly punctuated by a short silence. About two seconds to elapse before a babble of excitable teen voices wanting dance moves, yeah.

"Reach for the sun."

Spanksgiving?

what an evil place to stop. Oh well its time to get ready for work.
great chapter, thanks

It is the little things

that really shows how you love someone. Those cute bits that you would never do for yourself, but just so your loved one gets to see the surprise on your face and visa-versa. You know the stuff you never forget. :)

Thanks Bailey!
Hugs
Grover