For Friends and Family Part 26

Printer-friendly version


For Friends and Family 26 – The Norns Intervene

Nicky and Amy.jpg

For Friends and Family. Andy is looking for a new challenge, his current girlfriends sister has suffered a nervous break down, Andy is very similar in both size and looks, agrees to be changed into a Nichola look alike.
This is a dream for Andy who has a secret desire to live and work as a woman.

************************

Blackness brought a wonderful peace I was calm and free from pain. I remember not very much of the ten minutes or so after Brett and I were shot.
I woke hearing the keening of someone very distressed a low wailing moaning sound that I realised was coming from me!

With consciousness came the pain. The horrible burning pain in my right leg around the thigh. Then I heard a familiar voice saying, “Amy can you calm Nicky down so the ambulance crew can tend Brett’s wounds.
Someone took me in their arms and told me to let go of Brett so the ambulance crew could stabilise him.

Amy’s soothing voice started to calm me and very unwillingly I released my Brett. I was in anguish gazing at his ashen face and slightly blue tinged lips Amy hugged me to her breasts cooing to me like I was a child stroking me giving me succour.
I remember whimpering about the pain Amy asked if they could give me some pain relief and in response I was given gas and air. Once the pain had eased I looked around.

Medical personnel two-ambulance crew, a Para-medic and an emergency doctor surrounded Brett.
I made to move to him but Amy held me back saying, “No Nichola, leave them to do their work”. Weakly I asked; “Is he ok, will he live?”
Another voice, which I knew answered that question it was Carl; “Nicky, I’m not going to lie to you. Brett’s in a bad way but he should survive, now you, apart from your leg are you ok?”

I looked up at him, seeing concern in his face I nodded not really trusting myself to speak. He smiled grimly and told me, “You have been a very lucky lady, for god’s sake Nicky you could have been killed - why didn’t you stop when Jimmy shouted at you?”
As he said this he motioned to the young guy that had burst in just after I had been shot he was the one that had shot ‘the pig’ and in reality he had saved me.

Then I noticed police! Armed police also Tim Williamson and others who I hadn’t a clue what they were who they were or what they were doing here.
I gazed around the apartment it was a mess, blood was everywhere, there lumps of plaster missing where the bullets that had killed ‘the pig’ had gone straight through him – this wasn’t my home any more it had been violated! I was totally distraught that my home; the place Nichola had been born had been violated I started to weep.

Amy held me close a Para-Medic came over and cut away at my skirt to get to my wound; “How’s Brett?” I weakly asked.
He asked what relationship I was to Brett Amy answered for me saying that we were engaged he smiled at me saying, “Hi, I’m Chris, let me look at your leg”.
Then very business like he answered, “For the moment he’s stable but is very poorly - now let me look at you just lie still”
My skirt came away and he cut my tights off I gasped as the tights were removed as they were stuck to my wound.
“Sorry” he said, “just keep on sucking at the gas and air its only short lasting and only works when you breathe it.

He dressed my wound and told me, “You’ve been very lucky Nicky the round went straight through this should heal up well. But we’ll take you to Kings A & E for them to clean it up properly.”
I got very agitated at the thought of leaving Brett! Amy and Carl had to hold me down then the Emergency Doctor explained to me that Brett’s going by helicopter while I will go by ambulance.
Tim came over and chided me, “Nichola, behave yourself you’ll only be apart for a short while so let the emergency services do their work – all right?” Very reluctantly I nodded so while I went downstairs to the street Brett went to the park across the road where the helicopter was waiting. By road it was about 15 minutes by air less than 2!

As the Para-Medic said my wound though painful was straightforward to treat. In hospital they gave me some pain relief and cleaned it out properly, then it was dressed and I was sent up to a ward overnight for observation.
Amy was with me the whole time and tried very hard to make sure that my secret was not discovered. My vagina must have been anatomically correct as no one even noticed – or if they did nothing was mentioned. Mind you every attempt was made by the nursing staff to preserve my modesty.

I was fretting about Brett and it must be said being a real pain in the butt finally Amy along with Mum and Dad arrived also Sophie and this calmed me.
Dad found out that Brett was in surgery in a serious state but not critical. This made me feel better but not happier for I was not with him.

The next day my wound was inspected and I was ready to go home - supplied with a pair of crutches.
However going home was furthest from my mind! I was going to my Brett and not leaving him!
Amy and mum fetched me some clothes once dressed I headed to the ICU where I saw Brett.
The sight of him with leads and lines on and into him for he was in a medically induced coma to assist healing shook me to the core.
However I insisted on sitting with him talking to him. I knew he could hear me and hoped the sound of my voice would help him in some way.

I remained with him all day and a lot of the night early the next morning his mum and dad arrived fresh from the states.
I had to relinquish my place by his bed for his mother - much to my sadness but she was distraught as would be expected.
We arranged a rota where we all could sleep. I couldn’t go back to the flat and in fact I never wanted to see the place again!

My boss Charles Winton and the company president had arrived with Brett parents (company jet).
They had arranged for Amy and I to stay at the Dorchester booked us unlimited use of a two-bedroom suit on an indefinite period of time.

Amy was my rock, she arranged for our clothes to arrive at the hotel, soon we were settled in, we had a meal with Charles, Jon, Tim, Carl and Kylie where I found out exactly what happened and how lucky Brett and myself had really been.

Jimmy had been the man that Carl had assigned to follow Brett and work with him in Italy.
At the airport he had collected his bags and gun (how he did that I had no idea! A gun on a plane??)
Anyhow after he had picked up his bags he went to find Brett but Johannsen was with him. So Jimmy had hung back and decided to follow the two of them.
Then he figured out that there could possibly a gun involved - a hunch or training Carl certainly wasn’t telling.

Then the alarm went off and the shit really hit the fan (Carls words not mine) Jimmy was ordered to the flat.
A few of Carl’s guys also started heading there as well. Tim was told and all was going well very well - then I arrived on the scene!
Jimmy simply couldn’t catch me shouted but I ignored him so he made a decision to go straight is after me and hope for the best.

He heard me yelp as I was hit (I don’t remember doing that) so he burst in distracting Johannsen who missed hitting Brett anywhere that could be fatal. Mind you this was also due to the gun Johannsen had used it was a .25, a lady’s gun where the rounds had to be carefully placed to achieve a kill.
With me bursting in on the scene and Brett throwing himself at ‘the pig’ and of course Jimmy’s arrival caused ‘the pig’ to miss anywhere that could prove instantly lethal.
Jimmy’s gun was an H & K so there was no contest! (Carls words not mine. All this was gobbledygook to me - I thought HK was in China!) His three shots killed Johannsen outright. By then the rest had arrived so they were ready when the police arrived.

There were many questions that needed answers but I left them to others for I was thinking about Brett.
I was aware of Charles speaking to me, “Oh sorry Charles I was miles away” I apologised. He smiled at me and repeated; “I said we will arrange for you apartment to be repaired.” However before I could say anything Amy chipped in, “Thanks very much for that. But for me we’ll sell the flat. I couldn’t bear living there after all that death”.
I nodded in agreement adding, “I just wouldn’t - no couldn’t live there – too many bad memories”

Jon Gardan then told Charles, “Take the girls looking for a new apartment Charles it’s the very least we can do”
Both Amy and I protested vehemently but he was adamant in fact he added something to his instructions to Charles, “Better still contact your lady wife and get her with the girls women are better at this than us men.”
Amy and myself had to give in gracefully for we were very pleased that Barbara would be coming over.
The he gave yet another instruction to Charles; “Oh and give your wife carte blanche in this money no object!”
This set Amy and myself off again, arguing causing him to raise his eyes to the heavens. He said to Charles, “This woman is going to be your successor? Christ she’s one argumentative woman. I feel sorry for young Fulton marrying her!”
That shut me up! This was as good as me getting the ultimate promotion, endorsed by the owner.
Spluttering I again conceded defeat.

However my main task was to be beside Brett. So trusting Amy and Barbara completely I devoted all my time to being with my Brett.
He was still in an induced coma but I was certain that he could hear me. So I simply sat with him talking to him constantly.
About anything and everything the day-to-day news; what was happening to me; how much I loved him; our future life together; just anything that I thought he might be interested in. (And probably at lot that he’d not be interested in!)

After ten days he was fit enough to be transferred to the States to be closer to his family.
So a medevac flight was arranged and like a bad penny I was not to be parted from him.
His parents and I flew with him landing in New York and being transferred to the Presbyterian hospital critical care unit.

I was wondering where I was going to sleep, because I didn’t think they would let me sleep next to his bed. But I needn’t have worried as Charles and Barbara said they would let me use their house also a room was always available for my use at the McKeen Pavilion which is part of the hospital and it was here I made my base for what turned out to be a long time!

As was my routine I remained with Brett as long as I could this of course was every day sometimes falling asleep with my head on his bed.
I went to the room to shower catch up on sleep and make sure that I was always perfectly dressed and looking a good as I could.
I did this just in case he woke up because I wanted him to see me at my best.
Though sometimes tears streaked my mascara and made my eye’s red.

The weeks turned into months still I was with him daily talking to him, kissing his hand, stroking his face sometimes gently snuggling into him.
I got to know the nursing staff very well they were wonderful telling me that Brett could hear me talking, and they were sure I was helping him.

I wondered if he would ever regain consciousness, as he was no longer in a medically induced coma this was for real the breathing tubes had been removed and replaced by a pressurised mask over his nose and mouth.

I wondered if he would ever come to - would I ever get my Brett back!
This depressed me and I tried to banish such thoughts from my mind. I spoke to Amy daily either on my mobile or by face time, she had done a great job of looking for an apartment for us and selling our defiled old apartment – this was one thing I really hated as I had so many happy memories of becoming the woman I now was. As daft as it may seem that flat helped make me the woman I was now.

I also spoke to mum and dad and of course Sophie a couple of times a week. I really missed them all but Brett was my priority.
I also helped choose our new apartment. Amy bless her took me round each one using her i-pad and face time as a video link Barbara was most amused and of course I told my Brett everything.

Sophie! Now everything was in the open was getting better at her music - both on the piano and saxophone.
While mum and dad were I think it’s true to say not 100% accepting however they were getting comfortable with the situation and perfectly happy having three daughters - two daughters natural and one adopted daughter!
But the strange part of this is that I was Nichola so Sophie was the adopted one!!! If you can follow this reasoning.

As they couldn’t suddenly announce that they had another daughter – don’t ask me how this was done because I haven’t a clue and I didn’t ask.
Of course as was usual I told Brett everything including the fact that mum bought my wedding dress! So as I told him very late one night, “so Brett Fulton YOU had better recover else you’ll have me to answer to!”
As I said this I buried my head into his hand and kissed them “Ok – I’ll recover I don’t want to upset you!” A voice I knew and adored answered in a weary mumble!

I stopped breathing - did I hear right? As I looked up hope oozing out of every sinew in my body he squeezed my hand and I looked into those wonderful blue eyes regarding me with love and affection and I’ve got to say intelligence.

My Brett was back “Oh” was the only thing I could say, “Oh” again escaped my lips as I looked in wonderment at him.
I kissed his hand thankfully I gasped, “Oh” again I must have sounded like an idiot! But I was so; so happy then I stood up and hugged him - gently though!

Then I remembered what I should be doing and giving him another kiss shot off to find a nurse.
At the nurse’s station I was babbling like an idiot literally dragging the poor girl to Brett’s bed babbling, “He’s back! He’s talking! Oh god I must tell everyone! He’s back”

The nurse checked him out and said to him, “Welcome back honey - you’ve one relieved woman here” nodding in my direction.
She called the on duty physician who checked Brett over making sure he was breathing unassisted when he was confident on this he removed the breathing mask but he was still connected to the rest of the monitoring equipment.
As the nurse left she looked at the two of us. Addressing Brett she said, “You have some lady here keep hold of her she’s a diamond!”

Now his breathing mask was off I could kiss his lips. Something I had dreamed of all these months.
Shyly I asked, “Is it ok if I kiss you?” He looked at me tenderly and answered, “You’d better, how long have I been here? And where the hell is here?
I bent over and tenderly kissed his wonderful lips tasting him for the first time in what seemed like an age.
He took a deep breath and after we’d kissed croaked, “I love the smell of your hair,” and as an after thought added, “And of you! I feel that I have smelt your scent while I’ve been out of it – where am I?”

I looked at him with undisguised adoration and said, “Sweetheart I’m going to have to leave the ward for a short time to tell your folks they’ll want to see you then I’ll come back and tell you everything – Ok!”

As I left I looked again at my future husband my heart bursting with love. I called him mum and told her the news! Followed by Charles Winton then Amy who would tell mum. All this was done in record time so I could be back with Brett.

When I got back he was sitting up slightly two nurses were leaving they had made him comfortable and given him an energy drink to moisten his throat.
As I came back to the bed one of them said, “Don’t tire him out honey. Then you get some sleep!”

As I sat next to him I took his hand and squeezed it happily before I could start telling him what had happened over the last five months he looked at me and whispered, “I love you Nichola Mackinnon.”
Tears welled as all the worries of the last few months came to a head and I burst into tears.
To feel him stroking me comforted me more than I could say and soon I was composed and asked him, “Right what do you want to know?” “Where I am and how long have I been here?” he answered.

I told him, he was amazed that it had been a total of five months; he had been shot at the beginning of February, for it was now July! “How long have you been here?” He asked me.
One of the nurse’s had just entered the room answered this for him, “Every day honey, every blessed day sometimes for 20 hours a day – man we’ve had to throw her out to make her get some sleep!”

He looked at me, “Really?” “Really” I answered. “I thought I heard you talking to me” I grinned at him, “You did, I thought you may be able to hear me so I just talked to you – Oh god I love you so much!”

I then filled him in on what had happened how he had got shot of my slight flesh wound and how we had been saved further harm. At the end of this he sighed, “So Johannsen is dead?” I nodded, he looked at me and asked, “And you’re ok? Fully healed?” again I nodded adding except of a couple of little dimples where the bullet went in and out.

“Will you please do something for me?” He asked “Anything, anything you want”
He smiled tenderly and said, “Go and get a sleep, a proper sleep though you look fantastic you also look tired”.
I was indignant; “I’m not leaving you alone! I’ve waited for ages to talk to you and to kiss you”.
“I won’t be alone” he answered; “My folks are here!” “Oh” I said turning around spotting Brett’s mum dad and sister.
“Now” he said; “Please go and get some proper sleep.” “If you insist,” I said sulkily,
Smiling he nodded, “I insist” he replied, “But first” “Yes” I answered quickly thinking he wanted something doing to make him comfortable.
“Kiss me again let me taste and smell your wonderful scent again”.
“Gladly” I responded bending over and kissing him deeply. I gave a muffled squeak as his hand gently squeezed my bottom. He was recovering quickly!

As I stood up I told him in a voice full of promise, “That felt soooo good see you later. I love you”
He said, “I don’t want to see you for at least 12 hours, understand!” “Bossy boot’s” I grumbled, “But now you’re back with us 12 hours it is”.
I hugged his mum dad and sister I was so happy. A weight had been lifted off me. I headed for my room undressed and showered brushed my hair then fell into bed. For the first time in 5 months I slept very, very soundly.

In the end I slept for nearly fourteen hours. When I woke I was groggy then everything came flooding back.
I lay there thinking then looked at the clock and gasped – had I been asleep for that length of time!
I scrambled out of bed showered and got ready. I was careful what I wore today, as I wanted to look really good for him.
After a lot of thought and looking at my very pert breasts I decided to go bra-less I selected a silk floral knee length dress with spaghetti straps no stockings a pair of cream espadrille shoes matching handbag and a cream cardigan.
Subtle day make up and I left to see Brett.

Getting to the ICU I went to his room it was empty, the bed stripped – this made me panic! Had something happened while I selfishly had been asleep!
In a blind panic I ran to the nurses station where I was told to calm down. Brett had been moved to a recovery suit. They told me where he was and I hurried to him.

When I arrived there was my boss Charles Winton and Jon Gardan around the bed. “Oh” I said; “Sorry I’ll wait”.
Jon turned around and told me, “You’ll do nothing of the sort young lady come in we were just talking about you”
Smiling I perkily tripped in, “I hope you were saying nice thing about me” I felt warm when I saw Brett eyeing me appreciatively.

Charles then said, “You’re looking more refreshed that I’ve seen you for a while! Barbara was getting worried about you”.
“I’m fine now,” I answered; “Brett told me to get a good sleep, err and here I am!”

“Good, because we were discussing work and deciding what to do with you young lady!” My heart sank they were going to make me go home.
Belligerently I said, “I’m not going home if you try to make me I’ll quit!” I was squaring up for an argument.

“God” Jon exclaimed, “This woman is one feisty lady! Will you at least listen before you jump in all guns blazing!”
“Sorry sir” I shamefully apologised. He sighed, “Charles, please explain to her I’m not a sir – America doesn’t have sir’s”
I had the grace to blush crimson, I knew this because I could feel the heat spreading from my boobs up my chest and throat and to my face however I had the sense to keep quiet.

“Nichola” Charles started, it’s been a while since you were home” I opened my mouth to tell him I was not leaving Brett! “Will you listen girl let me finish no one is sending you anywhere! NOW SHUT UP!”
I sat down with a thump next to Brett. Brett took my hands and squeezed them comfortingly - he clearly knew what I was about to be told.

Charles continued, “Now where was I? Ah yes, the doctors say that now young Fulton is awake and seems to have all his faculties he could be discharged in a couple of weeks.
However he will need a few months to get back to full fitness. As far as the company is concerned our new head of Global security should be here shortly. Your position in London is being covered very ably by your deputy Mr De Bois.” I nodded still baffled.
“Ah” said Charles “I believe you two know each other?” My mouth hung open as Carl and Kylie entered the room then I flew to them hugging them both my two best friends were here.

“Wait” I queried; “What are you doing here?” Brett answered this, “Carl is our new head of Global Security” I was stunned, “What, how, I mean what about your degree?”
Carl grinned and answered, “After Tim refused the job he recommended me!” “Wait a minute” I gasped, “Tim refused the job – but why?”

Carl nodded and continued, “He decided that he was too old to up-sticks. So he put my name forward. As for the degree I get to complete it here in the States! And I have one of the best computer experts in the world with me to help us recover the proceeds” “Kylie!” I gasped, “But I thought you enjoyed being free lance?.
“I do” she affirmed but like Carl the offer was too good to refuse. Anyhow this big lump I’m marrying set his heart on America - so where he goes I go”

“Oh” I said (I was saying that a lot just recently). “Anyhow” Charles continued; “Brett here has to convalesce so to this end, Jon here has given him use of his estate at Cape Cod for as long as it’s needed.
Now for you young lady” I opened my mouth to tell him I was not leaving Brett “Nichola, will you please SHUT UP!” He barked at me.

My mouth snapped closed Charles sighed theatrically and carried on, “There is a full staff at the estate to look after Brett. So young lady, if you want to you can either go back to London or you can go to Cape Cod to look after your future husband.”
I opened my mouth but a glare from Charles made me close it again.

And - Jon has suggested that for the first month or so until you both recover the two of you should be by yourselves.
I was about to say that I was fully recovered but the glare from Charles stopped me dead.
Charles carried on, “And then we thought that both of your families should join you for a couple of months to get to know each other before Brett here marries you – assuming he still wants to marry such a harridan”
I was speechless, totally speechless Brett answered “Oh yes I certainly want to marry her now Nicky, what do you want to do?”
This caught me very much unawares so not thinking I answered, “Oh marry you definitely”.

Charles gave another theatrical sigh and explained what the question was “Nichola, is it London or Cape Cod?”
Oh I exclaimed, Cape Cod then without really thinking I threw myself on the owner of the company my ultimate boss gave him a big hug and kiss saying, “Thank you, thank you oh thank you”
He disentangled himself from me, I realised what I had just done and started apologising profusely I was really flustered and so excited.

He looked at Charles and said, “Now” he said, one more thing before we head back to the office while I’ve still got some dignity intact. Oh and Chuck, YOU ARE NOT TO RETIRE UNTIL THIS LADY LEARNS NOT TO BE SO IMPULSIVE AND ARGUMENTATIVE!” the last was enunciated very precisely and aimed at me, for the second time this day I could feel a blush rising up from my boobs.

I looked at Brett, but he was as mystified as I was, Jon turned to Carl and Kylie saying, “I would appreciate it if you could leave us alone what we are about to discuss is highly personal. Oh and could you please ask the lady sat in the waiting room to come in, I believe you know her” Carl and Kylie left telling me that they’d see us later.

Once the four of us were alone, Jon said to Charles, “I’ll take it from here Chuck,” I giggled because this was the first time I had ever heard my boss called anything but Charles, a glare stopped me then Barbara entered the room. I let out a small squeal and hugged her before sitting down on the bed to hold hands with Brett.

The conversation that followed was a bit surreal, (I’ll paraphrase it as dialogue would make it difficult to follow)

Jon started by telling us that as a reward for helping in the investigations he (the company) would like to give us a special wedding present and after much deliberation they had decided to pay for my final surgery!

I nearly fainted at this! They knew about me. I could feel the blood draining from my face and I felt very dizzy.
I asked them how they knew and did I still have a job?
Barbara answered this telling me that when we first met in a conversation I had told her that I couldn’t have children however she had known the proper Nichola well and knew that she could have children.
However for the time being this was only something nagging away at her. That was until she was helping Amy clear our old flat when Mum and Sophie had arrived.
Sophie had blurted out Barbara’s name and then as she put it things started to drop into place.

When she pressed mum and Amy eventually they told the whole story Sophie was distraught at letting the cat out of the bag.
Charles then took up the story relating how he felt when Barbara told him. The first thing he did was he had phoned my mum and dad.
Who told him how much they cherished and loved their daughter (me) to them there was no difference they had three daughters and loved them all.

Charles had agreed with them. In fact he felt that I; as Nichola was a more rounded person bearing this in mind he decided to maintain his own council and forget things.
As he put it I was the most business like feminine woman he had ever met.

Jon and he were discussing things in general and me in particular. It was then he had decided to tell Jon about me.
I looked at Jon, the president and founder of the company I worked for my eyes must have been the size of saucers and full of fear as to my future.

Now Jon took over telling me that when Chuck had told him (again the smile hovered about my lips) he had thought he was bull shitting he simply couldn’t believe that I wasn’t who I said I was.
Charles had convinced him and his disbelief changed into admiration for someone who would do such a selfless act for his friends.
He looked at me and earnestly told me that I was a very special person and a very lovely young woman.
Hence the reason for their offer of providing my the final surgery. They had spoken to dad and he had confirmed my wish to be a woman totally and suggested the surgical team.
These were the best America had in the field (read the world).
The only thing in the way was me! And me accepting the offer!

I looked at Brett in absolute shock! I was speechless, there was a lump in my throat and I was on the verge of tears.
I looked at Brett still poorly still very weak. He squeezed my hand and whispered, “Go on sweetheart it’s your dream.”
I looked at Jon and Charles (I couldn’t think of him as a Chuck) and weakly asked, “When?” Jon answered tomorrow if you want. The team are on standby, it’s entirely your decision but the sooner you have it done you both can recover together.
Anguished I cried, “But I can’t leave Brett he is still poorly and I’ve got to see mum and dad before I do it”

This time it was Jon who gave the theatrical sigh telling me, “Please give me credit for some intelligence young lady. The surgery will be done in this hospital and furthermore this room will have two beds in it so you won’t be away from your fiancé!”
“And as for your second point - Barbara will you please do the honours”. Barbara smiled and answered, “My pleasure Jon”.
Opening the door Mum, Dad, Amy and Sophie entered all smiling except for Sophie who looked very abashed and worried.

That was it! My pent up tears started flowing. Amy and mum ran to me and hugged me. Sobbing I told them how much I had missed them and how much I loved them and what should I do tomorrow.
It was wonderful to be with the people who mean the most to me (excluding Brett as he is my world)
I went and hugged a very apprehensive Sophie she kept saying she was sorry but as I hugged her I told her not to worry people had to know sometime, she asked if I was sure! I reassured her that I was and told her, “Now don’t be silly.”

I then turned to dad and asked him about the operation he told me that the team that were going to do the surgery were the best available. He also said that he could never afford their fees.
The operation while serious (any surgical procedure has inherent dangers – that’s dad speak).
Having it done by this team would give the best final result – that’s the problem having a surgeon as a father even a surrogate father when he explains something like this he’s all business!

Mum said, “We are over for your operation darling. Jon and Charles arranged it, so it’s up to you sweetheart.”
All eyes were on me as I stood there my mind was working overtime. This was such a surprise and so unexpected.

Then Brett said something that made my mind up, “Nichola honey the Norns are now spinning a new thread of your life. Urd has completed her spinning Verdani is doing the here and now so it’s Skuld who is spinning your future what will be, will be, think about it.”
His reference to Norse mythology a subject which I love and live by made my mind up! I looked at him with love and replied, “I can’t let Skuld’s work be in vain so I’ll do it!”

I turned to Jon, who like the others hadn’t understood a word of what had just been said and told him and everyone else, “Please can you arrange for my surgery for as soon as possible and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart”.

It was like everyone had been holding their breaths I was congratulated and wished the best Jon and Charles left to arrange things and I was left with my Friends and Family.

Footnote:
For anyone not familiar with this story, Nichola is a great believer in fate and that things are pre-ordained.
Brett introduced her to Norse mythology especially their concept of fate, the three Norns who spin a persons life thread under the earth tree Yggdrasil, Urd is past, Verdani is present and Skuld is future.
The best part of this ancient belief is that a persons pre ordained life is not set in stone, it can be altered by external forces both good and bad – quite a pragmatic way of looking at things!

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Of thus are legends made.

enb4448's picture

Nichola becomes a woman and senior management, Brett recovers and assumedly returns to promotion. All's well that ends well, (or is it?). Only you know the answer to that Christina. Excellent story.

A wonderful ending to a

A wonderful ending to a really great story. Happily, everyone got what they truly wanted in their lives and hopefully everyone lived happily ever after. A nice Christmas ending.

It's Not Over Yet!!

Christina H's picture

Hi Janice

It's not over yet! there are a few loose ends needing tidying up!

Christina

Excellent, as always

Bobbie Sue's picture

Christina,

Carry on, my friend. The Norse aren't the only ones spinning the threads and you do it soooo well.

Bobbie Sue