Hiring of Elaine Hall – 8

Printer-friendly version


Hiring of Elaine Hall – 8


By Jessica C

Five years ago I turned thirty and to keep my job I began to use my sister’s name... A comedy of errors and my warped attitude necessitated a change if I were to stay employed... The economic downswing, turned into a recession; for those losing houses, jobs or both it was depressing. …Julie and I were expecting our second child before the end of the year, not be a good time to lose my job.

=^. .^=

It was the following week that Tom, Roberta, and I accompanied V.P. Lynn Watts and CEO Mr. Bradley Cooper to Philadelphia for Alloyed Production Corporation, APC. They announced awarding us their new communications and security contract. We knew IMP’s system as we took over the communications and security program of APC with the announcement. We were aware IMP expected the system to crash and that APC needs to go crawling back begging for their help. IMP built traps in the system they sold them, otherwise called trip mechanisms, and extra programs that were to run if someone else tried to take charge or replace APC’s system. We were ready for the lion’s share of them. And we had already bypassed many of them.

Ha, it didn’t happen as they expected; we knew some heads would roll at IMP. Though that was not our desire. Lynn and I would watch for those employees in the coming months. There were some of their personnel, we would like to pick up if they were let go. If we could hire them it would allow us to learn the strengths of their systems and learn from them. We would be picking up over a dozen of the staff IMP that was cut. Three became silent consultants to us, so they could continue to draw their severance packages. Two of the three were hired by Lynn to work with Tom and Roberta, there with Alloyed's programs.

=^..^=

It was nice to be in Philadelphia and to be seen as a VIP. It is a new experience for me. Roberta has a very good friend Terri; with who she will be working here. I’m invited out with them to go to the Shampoo Night Club after other festivities close down. The celebration is work for me as I am responsible to remember names and get contact and background information. Tom and Roberta have it hard. They are fielding issues arising from the changeover all the while as they keep a calm appearance and act as important dignitaries.

It is particularly nice to see Roberta as well as myself dressed up. She has bumped me twice and gotten into casual conversations with me which is very unusual. Lynn finally talks to me, “I will tell you once, you’re a big girl and what you do on your time is your business. You should remember that you and Roberta will need to continue to work together.”

I’m surprised, “You’re saying it’s okay that she’s hitting on me?” I must have mouthed, ‘Dan or Elaine’?

Lynn smiles, “She may not know about Dan, and then she might not care. You do realize she has gotten you aroused?”

I pause and then responded, “No, I’m not.”

“I’m not talking about your little boy. I can tell your surgery has left your girl feelings intact.”

We, Lynn, Roberta, and I, are back at Lynn’s suite changing for the banquet dinner. It is my third change of the day. Previously one suit, at most a change of a shirt would suffice all day. I notice this last dress is now snugger in the hips than it had been; quietly I am pleased, I expect it is just weight gain. I have a jacket that is more like a vest with sleeves. Lynn says, “It needs to stay on for dinner but if you stay around to dance it can come off.”

I am surprised after dinner when various recognitions are to be given that I am singled out by Mr. Williams to come to the podium. His daughter Gloria is recognized and representing her John Hopkins medical research group. Mr. Williams shared how I and my resource people saved a multi-million dollar research project. I am presented with a twenty-five thousand dollar check. I would have been blown away if I had gotten to keep it, but I present it to Gloria’s research group. Gloria takes the opportunity to pull me aside, whispering what she wants to do with me.

I would like to deny that I am unmoved by Gloria or Roberta, instead, I realize I am getting hot and moist in ways not common for me. Gloria asks, “Please get your purse and come to the Lady's room with me.” I do, but I am caught off guard when the restroom ends up being the bathroom of her tenth-floor room. “We don’t have enough time to more than warm up, but Terri one of our people says you and Roberta are going to Shampoo tonight. We can take more time there.”

I need to freshen my makeup, button my blouse, and Gloria’s happy as she has made it a more difficult task by how nervous she's made me. Lynn was happy to see my return. She asks, “Please stand and act as my associate, maybe the others will get the message to leave you alone for now.”

Ruth commented on how beautiful the outfit she purchased for me looks and thanks me for wearing it. “I would apologize for our daughter’s affections, but I’m told her work is demanding and stressful. I guess it is her way of releasing her tension. It is a different day and time, truthfully while I wouldn’t do it myself, I am a bit jealous. I hope she does not cause you any hurt nor you her.”

=^..^=

I am neither wanting to cross over any lines but neither am I staying far enough away as maybe I should. I could hear the music and get caught up in the night lights before we ever got close to the Shampoo Night Club. I was down to my shortest skirt outfit to go out.

Roberta and I met Terri and Gloria in the lounge off of the lobby. We could have walked, but that was not good propriety, especially with an executive’s daughter. Gloria and Terri both flashed cards that assured us immediate entrance into the main floor. Terri and Gloria told us there’s a more intimate lounge when we tire of dancing. I was the only one of us in heels, they’re 3 ½” which the others love. While I led a few dances, it was strange to do so dressed as a woman. Being in heels I was less aggressive as the lead dancer. The same was not true for Gloria nor Terri. Both preferred slow dances allowing more intimate feelings to be conveyed and for conversation.

During the third dance with Gloria, she began to nibble on my ear. Going back to our seats she asked me to grab my purse. I was surprised when we passed the women’s restrooms. We climbed two flights of stairs to a dimly lit lounge. Glory could tell I was getting tense. “Don’t worry you won’t get pregnant from me. You won’t do anything you don’t want.”

I said, “I shouldn’t be here.”

“But you want to or else you wouldn’t be here. Look me in the eye am I correct,” Glory asked? We were seated away from others on an oversized, overstuffed lounge chair. I had not known why Roberta suggested I wear the bra which hooked in front, but I knew now. Seemingly, Glory could tell what I was wearing. It was not like she was quick or pressing me. It seemed slow and very romantic.

I was upfront about being a trans-girl. Glory said, “I figured that out in Baltimore, but somehow it felt more like a bigger revelation to you than to me. It must be hard on your old ego that I can turn you on. Love is fickle, unpredictable, it is not just about sex. I would love to have you, but I will only go so far.”

“It felt like the last time we met, was the first time you knew you were a girl capable of receiving and giving love. If your wife would ever let me have your seed; I would find another woman I could love and share a family with.”

My hand was inside Glory’s leg and I had a tender touch upon her. Her head gently went back, her mouth open and there was a sigh word could not express. I stretched to kiss her and there was a deep passion that passed both ways. Soon after that we collected ourselves and were back on our feet. We were dancing to a slow tune heard from two floors below.

Gloria smiled at me, “I am indebted to you twice.” She paused and stepped back, knowing I was wondering how? She reached in my blouse and she reconnected my bra and buttoned my blouse. “You helped to save our research project and you helped a spoiled rich girl to know she shouldn’t just take whatever she wants.” She looks into my eyes, “I suspect you are just finding out you’re lovable and I can tell you love someone and your daughter. They get first dibs on you. That is especially surprising because I think I love you. I don’t want you coming back.”

Glory and I interlaced our fingers and made our way downstairs and back to our hotel.

=^. .^=

I had missed my appointment with Dr. Josie Apgar, because of the contract announcement APC, but I called in the morning and made an emergency appointment.

“Elaine, when we first met, you told me once as a young boy you got into your parents’ closet and into a makeup kit your mother had hidden away. Tell me again what happened next? Remember that was in the past, it’s just a memory and cannot hurt you. You’re safe now and you won’t be judged.”

I said, “I had put on some eyeshadow and lipstick. I was feeling good and imagining I was like my mommy. Then the closet door opened more and my dad was there. He looked at me and at first, I thought he smiled, but then his expression changed. He was soon filled with anger and hate. He did all he could from stopping himself from beating me to…”

Josie asks, “Elaine, can you see the makeup in the kit, look at it closely. Now go over to your mother’s vanity where she keeps her makeup.”

I speak as Elaine, “It’s in the top left drawer; I see it.”

“What kind of makeup does your mother use?” Josie’s asking in a gentle voice. “How about what you found hidden in the closet?”

“My Mother’s drawer had mostly Maybelline and some Revlon. The makeup in the closet was mostly Cover-girl with other different brands. Why was she keeping what she didn’t use?”

“Have you ever heard something like “The times were different then?”

“Yes, my mother said often said ‘When your father grew up things were different.’”

Doc asked, “How about your father?”

“My dad said, ‘If his father would have ever caught him doing something like that there would be hell to pay and he wouldn’t be able to sit for a week.’”

“Dr. Apgar, in college psychology we learned problems like abuse and alcoholism often cycled through families. Are you trying to excuse how he treated me? You’re not suggesting my father did?”

“No Dan, you first need to work on yourself. You’ve said, Bridgette and Lynn have seen swings in you; where all of a sudden you get angry or shut down because you’re ready to explode. You’re a man and you work in the stressful business world. I generally work with professional women like Elaine. It’s hard at times to be sensitive in a very insensitive environment.”

“S*@!, no sooner I begin to embrace who I am and I get angry; I worked hard to be the person my Dad liked and the dog eats dog professional world I’m in.

There was a buzz into Dr. Apgar’s office. Josie, “We have had a very important session today. I sent a note to Lynn your boss, it is very important to keep your Tuesday appointments if at all possible. That goes double for you. I do need for you to agree that you will call and reach out to me or Bridgette and not do anything to hurt yourself or anyone.”

I hadn’t talked like I had planned about Philadelphia but Josie was there for me and I opened up so much more. I broke into tears and I was glad she gave me the time to regain my composure.

=^. .^=

I spent most of the rest of the day talking to Bridgette and Cathy. Bridgette was initially very upset with me but became a bit thankful about what happened with Gloria. She and Cathy spoke with me at length wanting to be sure I was being honest with them. They agreed with Gloria, it would do better if I never told Julie, or if I did it should be way in the future. They said their and my chief concern now was growing from here and becoming more responsible concerning my relationships.

It was apparent that Lynn had talked to Bridgette and gave a great report on how well I was doing. Bridgette’s response to me was, “Your wellbeing is much more than Elaine’s place with the company and in the workplace. I think you working through issues with Josie and re-establishing your presence in your family needs to grow in importance. Your presence in the workplace needs to become a new standard regarding people’s expectations of you.

Bridgette says, “I am going to need to focus more and more on Cathy and the coming of our baby. I hope you will be well and dependable here, but please know I will continue to be present for you however it is needed. I would like you to be ready to be here for Cathy and Ashley in case I would not be. I do not anticipate that. Beth’s numbers along with Julio, Jerry, and Hector are all here as well as my former partner Steffi.”

Bridgette continues, “You know, if you now needed to step in and be there for Cathy, she sees you as another woman.”

I joke, “Seemingly, I am going to be another woman for at least a year. I am beginning to wonder how I am going to get back to being Dan.”

It was two nights later, Cathy and Bridgette had their first false alarm of the baby coming.

=^. .^=

That weekend Bridgette had a reception for past clients. I originally was not invited to go, but Bridgette thought it would be good for me to see others going on with their lives. Over half of the thirty clients who had gone back to their male selves, had tonight come in their female persona, including Ron. Ron recognized me as being V.P. Marilyn Watts' new Assistant Administrator.

Ron asks, “Elaine, I mean Dan is this you. I’ve been hearing about Elaine while hearing and seeing nothing about Dan. Bridgette has to be pleased with your turnaround. …What made it hard to believe it was you, is that Elaine has tied herself into some long-term commitments. I hadn’t heard of Bridgette doing that with her clients. What caused her to change with you?”

I smile, “You’re right Ronnie; she doesn’t seek to change us as you know. Unfortunately, it was my fault for storming ahead on my own. I’ve been getting things right for a change and I wanted to get some credit. I ended up committing myself to a few things. It was going to take a while to gain my credibility back anyway. …but I didn’t mean to commit myself to do it in a skirt.”

Elaine tries to turn the conversation back to Ronnie. “I must say, I had not seen you before as Ronnie. You are quite attractive. I know you don’t come to work like this, but seemingly you and your wife are both comfortable with Ronnie.” I get Ronnie a few more steps away from the reception. “Might it be possible to get you or you and your wife to meet with Julie and me?”

Ronnie’s expression changes, “Elaine, Dan, I don’t know if that would work out. We don’t mind a night out, but we don’t like dealing with the mistakes and bad behavior of my past.”

I joke to change the subject, “I’m sorry to have asked. I do like your outfit, so who dressed you and did your makeup?”

Ronnie giggles in character, “My wife helped a little, but you know quite well that Bridgette’s a stickler on us learning to do things on our own.”

=^. .^=

I was up late doing office work and had just sent two files off to Lynn for her perusal before I would see her on Monday.

Bridgette had checked on Cathy and would be back to her momentarily. She knocked on the door from her home to my apartment. “Elaine, I thought you handled yourself well tonight. I wasn’t sure if you would recognize Ron. You two seemed to have a few things to talk about. Neither of you lost your cool or got caught up in a duel of egos. That is a marked departure from both of your pasts.”

“I feel a need to ask, how did it feel to talk to someone who has been able to move on? I would think, with you being tied to continue as Elaine, there could be some hurt.”

I took a breath, “Yes, as Dan there is a little hurt. It makes the surgery and my comfort as Elaine just that much more important to go on and make things work. I’m not sure about how I’ll transition in a year or so. I will be that much more comfortable with myself. Being a woman is becoming more and more second nature. I’m worried as Dan, will I be automatic in checking my makeup in the mirror or worse, wanting to use the women’s restroom.” Bridgette gives a soft giggle. “I guess the good news is I still don’t feel much inside.” Trying to joke there almost cause me to lose my composure and cry. “Crying for myself that seems to come easily enough."

Bridgette stands as to leave, I know she is distracted with Cathy. “Don’t be hard on yourself, you are worth a few tears. As Elaine, you need to remember that those tears could be happy.”

I stood up and gave her a light hug and air kiss, “Overall I am a happier and better person, but I am neither home nor very far on my journey, I’m afraid.”

=^. .^=

Come Monday morning it was good to be back at the office, meeting with Lynn with a full week of work ahead of me. I was taken back, by the way, Lynn looked at me as I entered my new office. I looked down at my outfit wondering if something was wrong and quickly checked my hair and makeup in the mirror, but I saw nothing unusual.

“Elaine have you seen your doctor since you’ve gotten back from Florida,” Lynn says, “about reversing those shots?”

“Not yet, Ms. Lynn, the surgeon in Florida gave me the new prescription I needed. I even have a refill, so I thought I could wait. …Dr. Richards said it would help to get me back to looking like myself.” Lynn is still staring at me, so I ask, “Has my appearance already begun to change back?”

She lowers her voice, seemingly not to be heard by others, though we’re alone in her office “I do see a marked change in your appearance, but it is more to being feminine not back to your old self as seemingly you were thinking.”

I ask, “You should have expected that I’m going to do better with my hair, makeup and even dressing better as Elaine?”

Lynn takes my hands as she encourages me to sit down next to her. “Elaine, it’s more than that, your hips seem to have filled out some and your waist, well your male gut is gone. Your weight has reapportioned itself.” Lynn has a closet with a full-length mirror inside the door. I go to it and check. I am both happy and a little distraught at seeing myself.

I am amused that I see glimpses of Julie in me. I guess it makes some sense. Julie wouldn’t be flattered by the thought as she is so much more attractive. I shake my head to bring my thoughts back to now. “I had an appointment for today but I canceled it Friday, knowing we needed to get back to work. I have my appointment with Dr. Josephine Apgar tomorrow; I’ll wait and ask her what I should do.”

Lynn spoke up as my boss, “You will call yet this morning and let her be the one having oversight of your general health.”

It is only seven-forty in the morning, so I am surprised when I call the OB/GYN clinic and someone answers. I can get into seeing Aubrey Mead, Dr. Heather’s nurse-practitioner, mid-afternoon today or on Thursday. Seeing Dr. Heather Sterling would be a minimum of a two-week wait. I accept the 3:10 appointment today. I text a message to Bridgette of what I was doing, emphasizing it was at Lynn’s request.

Lynn assigns me three projects to be working on during the week. I will once again be working with Deborah Mohr. “Deb knows you are to call and meet with her on her project. She said, you had apologized to her over the phone a while back and have since heard of Elaine’s good work. She said she will be glad to work with you, but told me she will have me on speed dial if you try to mess with her work.”

I say, “I would imagine she was more descriptive in what she would do with me if I crossed her again.”

It became quite humorous when I called Deb about meeting with her. I made the mistake of telling her I had a doctor’s appointment and needed to make sure I got there on time. “That does not sound like the old Dan, I knew. You didn’t like doctors if I remember right, Does this happen to be for Elaine?” I compounded my mistake and said ‘yes’.

We agree to meet at 1:00 in my office as she did not want her people to know my involvement yet. I had a quick lunch of a sandwich, cottage cheese, and tangerine slices, and iced tea from the executive dining room. It was barely 12:45 when Deb knocked at my door and came in. It was strange to have Deb staring at me as others had.

I forgot we had been close friends; she had even become a friend of Julie’s and helped with our wedding and gave an office shower for Julie when she was expecting Robin. ‘I had not always been clueless or insensitive around women, nor a problem for them to work with. I had a tear in my eye as I wanted to hug her but she held back.

Deb tilted back to assess my appearance. “Your transformation is a little more than I expected. Staci said you are passable as a woman; I think that is an understatement.” Deb waved with a circular motion of her hand, “Would you amuse me and turn around so I can fully take you in.”

I tried to ignore her and to invite her to sit down. She waved her hand again and I complied. “Very nice to meet you, Ms. Hall. May I call you ‘El’, or would you rather it be Elaine or Ms. Hall?” I am having trouble as Deb seems to flip back and forth, sounding like my old friend and then a cautious co-worker.

“You can call me ‘El or Elaine’ if you want. Show me where you would like to start,” I say.

Deb pauses where she is, “Are your feelings hurt, or are you wondering what’s up?”

“Something like that, I thought we were friends. I can be just a co-worker if you want?”

Deb’s voice is a little tougher, “I didn’t get that choice five and a half years ago. You were working here as a grad student, we celebrated your growth, advancements, and the joys of your marriage and Robin being born. Once you seemingly caught up with us something changed. I do not plan to let you back in to touch me if you’re going to do that again.” Deb says, “So who are we being asked to work with?”

“I’m sorry Deb,” I’m biting my lower lip which is quivering, “I know you warned me. You were the best co-worker and friend a girl… I could have.”

Deb smiles and reaches to touch my cheek, “You were one of us weren’t you; is that how you became skirted?” I’m frozen in thought, I don’t know how to respond. Deb breaks the silent stalemate. “Let’s work some, we can either get a drink after work, or talk another time, but on our own.”

She says, “I’ll accept for now that I’m working with my old friend. I do hear some of your intellect has come back. Staci and Roberta have been nicely impressed by the transformation in more ways than one.”

Deb shares, “The Watters Enterprises contract is up for renewal July 2016. That with their acquisitions and growth it is such a sweet contract to have. However, the competition will be fierce. You have seen some things being proposed by our company as possible incentives as well as ideas I’ve pulled together. I’m looking for your help in polishing this up and suggestions on how to present it as the time draws near.”

Deb has rolls of enlarged documents and way more stuff on her computer that we project and quickly look through. It is 2:20 and before I leave for my doctor’s appointment; I want to speak up and throw out an idea. “Deb, have you considered working with the Watters’ people, updating what we’re doing for them, and offering a new contract early?”

“We know if they go to free agency, it is going to be a crapshoot at best, and offering a contract even a year from now will be a lot riskier. You and your group have served them well. We need to sell our corporation and to offer Watters a lower rate overall that will only be sweetened by them buying into more we can do for them. Ultimately the agreement will pay added dividends more than worth our while.”

Deb is trying to keep her poker face but I can tell she’s interested. I ask, “What would it cost our corporation just to prepare for the possible loss of their contract? How many tens or hundreds of thousands would it cost them in just making the transition of going with someone else? Our improving the contract and services would go so much smoother and better than what others can realistically deliver.”

“You are right; I wonder why we haven’t thought of approaching it like that.” Deb smiles at me, “You know if we get them to accept our next generation of equipment and programs that they are likely to desire more and better from us down the road?”

=^. .^=

I wasn’t sure how things got away from the business at hand and my control at that point, but Deb volunteered to take me to my doctor’s appointment. She was driving, but she did not drop me off. She parked and went with me; saying we would be stopping for a drink afterward.

She is amused and I’m a bit embarrassed as we enter Northwest Manhattan Women’s Clinic. We are sitting in the waiting area when Aubrey Mead’s nurse comes out to speak to me. “Aubrey Mead and Dr. Sterling have received communications from your Naples doctors. Dr. Aubrey wants to do a scope and extensive blood work and have time to consult with you. She didn’t want you to be going home alone. Everything should be fine and safe. It is just that you might be a little sore as well as need to be a little cautious.” The nurse looks to Deb, “It is nice that Elaine has someone else so supportive. Are you a friend, or Elaine’s spouse?”

Deb is reveling in being swept back into my confidential life once again. “O’ I’m just a close friend. We were hoping to stop for a drink and to have a good visit afterward. I guess if we need to reschedule that will be understandable.”

The nurse smiled and looks at both of us, “That likely won’t be needed, but Dr. Mead can help decide that when she sees Elaine. Elaine, it would probably be advisable to make sure you wait and then eat before drinking. Allow some time for the pain meds from the scope to begin to exit your system and you have something in the stomach. That would be advisable if you are likely to have two or three drinks.” The nurse looks back to Deb, “We’re glad that Elaine has someone with her.”

The nurse turns back to me, “If you are willing to have the extensive blood test and exam Dr. Sterling is advising Dr. Mead to do. I’ll set up a room and be back out for you in five minutes.”

After the nurse leaves, Deb’s voice goes soft. “So I take your breast enhancement was done in Naples? And I’m gathering you’re taking hormones and they’re wanting to check on what that is doing to Dan.” If I wasn’t near tears, I would have been red with embarrassment. As it is, I am happy that Deb is here and that she is once again feeling like my close friend.

“I did not plan on you getting to know me this close again so quickly,” I tell her.

Deb lightly grasps my hands, “I can call for Julie or someone who is helping you through this. But I would like to be here for you today if that is okay?”

“Dr. Mead would like to see you now. Please come back with me, the room is ready for your exam.” Dr. Mead was already present. She said, “I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to see you as you came in. I want a full understanding of who you are Elaine. You present yourself very well.”

I went behind a curtain and changed into the exam garment that was left for me. I was a little uneasy about stepping around the curtain and walking to the exam table. I had to be weighed and Dr. Mead announces, “You have lost another three pounds. Are you dieting?”

I tell her, “I’m eating differently, but I can’t say I’m dieting.”

Aubrey says, “It may be from the transforming of your body.” She takes me back and draws blood to be tested. “What I need to know is, are you planning or hoping to transition and become Elaine permanently?”

I remark, “This was all to be just temporary, but I’m beginning to wonder.”

“You are becoming a very convincing woman to me. You seem happier and more comfortable in your skin and with whom you are. I do not see the depression or anxiety that Dr. Heather cites in your previous visits. Today is consistent with the improvement in your frame of mind from before.”

“You said your boss remarked about the possibility of your hips changing. The change is minimal but appears greater because your waist has tapered. It will be important to check and make sure it is not dramatically changing. So I will ask that you make an appointment for three weeks with Dr. Heather Stillwell.”

I agreed but the appointment that worked with my schedule wasn’t for another five weeks.

=^. .^=

Deb is happy to see me surface, I was not quite believing how much time Dr. Mead took with me. It was too late to go back to work, but I did call and check in with Lynn. She had heard from Deborah and was pleased we could work together again. She was happy that my doctor was pleased with how I was doing. That was how I saw it, anyway.

We found a nice place with a good happy hour. I ate a few chicken wings as well as some vegetables with dip before I had my first drink. Our first drinks were quickly paid for by an early ladies night special. An appetizer and our second drinks were paid for by two guys that we did not care to meet. We did not let the next guys buy us a round of drinks as we were waiting to eat first. It was not until we sat down to order our meal that I realized Deb was working to protect me from being hit upon.

Deb giggles as she says, “You are so naive as Elaine. I’m surprised you haven’t lost your virginity by now. A woman, as well as two men, were hitting on you and you were clueless.”

I shake off her comment, “I am happily married to Julie and fortunate she hasn’t kicked me out. There is no way men or an attractive woman are going to find me interesting.” Deb is very attractive, if I’m so desirable why is she comfortable being my friend?

Deb jokes, “Julie probably would have kicked you out if Bridgette had not taken you away. As for me, I like Julie too much and wouldn’t date a co-worker anyway. Having a co-worker hit on me or acting repulsive is bad enough.”

It was only 9:30 p.m. when Deb returned me to my apartment after dinner and another drink. I wasn’t feeling any pain until Bridgette convinced me to walk in and show how I looked with my panty and bra still on. She did not expect Cathy to go into labor tonight, but she wanted me to sober up a little if she did.

It was just before midnight that Cathy’s water broke, and she and Bridgette headed for the hospital. Jerry had stayed on-call just for them. Bridgette’s friend Julio came to take Ashley and me to the hospital. Cassandra Erica Johnson-Riley was born at 5:17 in the morning. She was seven pounds and three ounces and was nineteen three-quarter inches long. If her hair color held she would be light-headed like her mom.

Ashley was allowed with Bridgette to see Cathy and the baby. I called into work as early as I could. I was taking the day off to clean Cathy and Bridgette’s apartment. The nursery had been ready for a few weeks, so I decided to wash and care for all of the baby’s bedding. I cooked dinner for the four of us only to find that it would be only Ashley and myself. The two moms would eat together at the hospital.

I helped Ashley to decorate the house for Cathy and Cassandra’s arrival at home the next day.

=^. .^=

To be continued…

(If you have not read Ashley Phoenix Riley, you might enjoy doing so. It is a completed story. If you do please let me know.)

Please indicate if it’s a good story, and leave a comment or write to the author. Your comments are appreciated and helpful. This author responds to most comments and personal messages. Thanks, Jessica C

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

some how I don't see her

some how I don't see her changing back, (especially since he felt like this so early in life) hopefully her wife and daughter can handle it.

How about going on...?

In going on do you see it possible for her to continue as a parent and spouse?

Hugs, Jessie, C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

I have this feeling that

I have this feeling that Julie would not be all that unhappy having Elaine around rather than Dan; and we all know for certain the little daughter has already made her decision, regarding "Auntie Elaine" being around. Seems like two votes yes. Maybe Julie has a little previous history that she never told Dan about. hummmm?

Feeling that Julie would not be all that unhappy...

Yes, Julie is liking what she sees and like others is not certain if Dan surfaces again as a man that old patterns wouldn't also return. Their daughter Robin's comments seem to be received with some warm and acceptance by both parents. Dan/Elaine seems to have a passive side for accepting this sensitive and softer side.
Julie's history, if so it is not yet showing,.. Her present experience is that Elaine is growing more sensitive to her and is willing to participate in te life of the family and has become passionate again. Thanks for your comments. ^_^

Hugs, Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

never

I can see of no reason why Dan should return! Elaine seems so happy with herself and all the feminine finery, elegance and behaviour x

How Dan or Elaine goes forward...

It is hoped and the desire Dan/Elaine gets home; more and more see it as Dan not returning to his old self. Yes there are many signs Elaine is in many ways a new Dan that will not give up life as she's experiencing. Elaine has had the taste of elegant fashions and the finery of good lingerie; she even enjoys the change of embracing changes of behavior. xox, Thanks, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors