Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 2: Chapter 07

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 2: The Mastermind, The Gunslinger, The Magical Girl, The Martial Artist, The Maid, The Warrior, The Tyrant.

Chapter Seven: “The Company You Keep, With The Time You Have.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

An Alternate Earth, San Francisco, in a grocery store, in a shopping district, in middle of the morning, on a warm, partly cloudy day.

It had been a few days since John had come with Rock's group to this alternate Earth, and in all honesty, John was enjoying being back among his own species. On an Earth, in an America and within culture similar to his own.

At the moment, Akira and John were doing grocery shopping for their group.

The others had decided to stay home. Annie wanted to practice her with her lightsaber and force abilities. Meanwhile, Rock, Ranma, Fabiola, and Natsuru were enjoying a poker game together. Though, they were only playing with chips they had. No money.

So, Megatron, in car alt mode, to Akira and John to a nearby grocery store. Megatron had down the hood of his vehicle mode.

As they left for the grocery store, Akira had been in the driver's seat and John was in the passenger seat. While, Megatron was the driving. It was he whom chose their seating assignments. Because, after reviewing the entire Farscape series, including the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series. He felt that Akira was the saner of the two of human adults.

The grocery store they drove to was a few miles from where their mansion hideout was.

After Megatron, in car alt mode, parked himself in the grocery store parking lot. With the driver's side door facing the store entrance, and his front end facing one of parking lanes, so no one would park in front of him. Akira and John got out Megatron's vehicle mode, and they entered the store.

John was dressed in his usual black clothing and boots, with a red, sleeveless, jacketed vest. The only difference was he was given a shoulder holster to hide his pulse pistol, Winona, from sight, under his vest. The holster was located under his left armpit. Allowing him to reach for it with his right hand.

Meanwhile, Akira was a female. She was wearing light brown pants, while tennis shoes, a white pull over blouse, and a yellow jacket that went with her blond hair. She wore two shoulder holsters under her jacket, that hide her two revolvers. She regretted she could not figure out how to hide her long knives in the clothing she had on, as well.

But, Akira figured that as long as she had her revolvers, and some speed loaders, since she did not have her gunbelt, with the bullets in the loops of it, that she would be fine.

Akira had a debit card that Megatron has made for her, to pay for the groceries. Though, Megatron had also made a debit card and bank account for John, as well. With John's card being in his front, right pants pocket.

John got a shopping cart, and pushed it to where Akira was standing.

John came to a stop to stand beside Akira, to her left side.

Meanwhile, Akira stood, as she looked at the grocery list, in her right hand, that their group made made before they left.

Given that it was the middle of the morning, there were not very many people around them. Nor, in the store, for that matter. So, they were not worry too much about someone overhearing them.

John looked over at Akira, as he asked, “So, what is on there?”

Akira continued to look the list, as she stated, “Besides the usual stable foods. like milk, orange juice, bread, etc. We got a few things each of the others want.”

John said, “Okay. Also, don't forget that we need to stop by a nearby auto parts store. Megatron mentions that he wants some car wax for himself.”

Akira looked over at John, as she replied, “Honestly. Until I personally got to know him, I never realized how vain Megatron could be about his looks.”

John shrugged, as he commented, “It does make sense. Even version of him I know of, has a nice polished shine on his metal exterior.”

Akira agreed, “You got that right. By the way, would you like to go clothes shopping, after we return home with the groceries?”

John stated, “Maybe. I know we are going to doing a lot of quick traveling. That is why I decided to travel light, with only Winona, and the clothes on my back.”

Akira thought, 'As yes. His pulse pistol. I will have to ask him why he gave his pulse pistol that name, later.' She commented, “That is completely understandable. I have done that before, myself.”

John said, “I have found, when on the run, that luggage can be a liability.”

Akira stated, “Exactly. Still, we will get you some clothes in a little while.”

John replied, “Okay. Besides. These are starting to smell.”

Akira playfully teased, “Why do you think I made the suggestion.”

John chuckled a little, as Akira's playful comment.

While John calmed down, Akira stated, “Well, let's get started. I would like some decent rum, if they have any. Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer got me hooked on the stuff. Ranma would like some asian style rice cakes. Annie wants a box of fudge sundae ice-cream. That girl loves sweets. It is a good thing her enhances metabolism burns it off as quickly as she eat it, or she would be in trouble.”

“Natsuru wants some eggs and ingredients to make some omelets. Rock wants wants a specific type of brand of corn flakes cereal. Fabiola wants a couple of bars of chocolate. Which is understandable, considering she also said that she and Annie needed some tampons... Oh sorry, John.”

John replied, “It's okay. Remember, I'm married. And trust me, Aeryn is the type of woman you don't want to get on the wrong side, even when it is not that time of the month for her.”

Akira inquired, “I was wondering. What passes for feminine hygiene products in the Uncharted Territories? Natsuru, Ranma, and I would like to visit that region of space for a while. So, we would really need to know.”

John carefully said, “Not that I know much about it, but from what I understand, from the girls I have lived with on Moya. It is pretty much the same products as here. I guess it is like the invention of the wheel. The design works so well that it is not changed much over the years, or by the different civilizations that invent it. Speaking of which, how does that time of the month work for you three?”

Akira answered, “Well, fortunately for Natsuru and I, when we switch genders, it resets our cycles to where it would just be after our periods ended. We found that Ranma is not so lucky. Turning into a guy stops the monthly cycle for Ranma, but the moment Ranma turns back into a girl, her cycle just continues forward. Usually, when it is her time of the month, she just uses her golden bracers to lock herself as girl, and she rides it out. To be fair, when it is that time of the month for her, she tries to be nice. Much like I have seen Fabiola and Annie do when they have had to deal with that. I have been through that before, so I can say that it is not easy.”

John commented, “It is pleasant being around women that try to be nice in spite of dealing with such problems.”

Akira agreed, “Very true. So, what do you want John?

John answered, “Chili-dogs, good sweet iced tea, a variety of sodas, chocolates, and other candies. When I was stuck in the uncharted territories, at some points, I would have killed for those things.”

Akira pointed out, “Withdraw can be hell. But, look on the bright side. I talked to Rock a couple of days about, about what he plans to do, if we win. And we all survive this. He told me that when this is over, he wants to figure a way to leave all of us our own reality jumping devices. So, in the future, you can use your device to go Earth for those things and return to Moya as you please.”

John responded, “I look forward to it. Speaking of which. You said my reality was a work of fiction to you? I wonder, do you remember when I returned to Earth?”

Akira replied, “Yea. I know what you are talking about. When Chiana and Rygel attacked the sweets like they were addicts on drugs.”

John said, “Exactly. The next few weeks were no fun, as they had to go through withdrawal.”

Akira commented, “I bet. Those two are not exactly nice when they are normal.”

John replied, “Well, Chiana has gotten better. And Rygel is tolerable.”

Akira stated, “True. And speaking of your series. You may not realize. But, I think you would appreciate being informed of it.”

“After you guys destroyed Scorpius' Command Carrier, you then got stranded by Moya in your Farsape shuttle, only to be picked up by that other dying leviathan. When you were shown months later, you were more interesting than usual.”

“You were working on your wormhole formulas on the walls of that leviathan, while getting drunk off of your own moonshine. Given the rags you wore, and having your beard grow out, you had a hermit like, Obiwan Kenobi, vibe going on there for a while.”

John cracked a grin, as he said, “Really? That is nice to know.”

Akira replied, “You're welcome. Now, let's get to work. I don't want to spent all day here.”

John pushed the cart further in the store, as he requested, “Me neither. So, just lead the way, milady.”

Akira giggled, as she steps ahead of John, as they started shopping for groceries.

(_)

An hour later, after retrieving and paying for their items, John pushed the cart of bagged groceries out of the store, with Akira walking beside him.

They soon reached Megatron, and they started putting the bags of groceries in Megatron's car trunk.

(_)

From the top of a roof, on a nearby building, across from the grocery store, that overlooked the front grocery store parking lot, two men sat behind a low parapet.

One man had binoculars, the other man had a rifle and scope.

Both were dressed in plain clothing that would not stand out in the crowd.

The man with the binoculars in his right hand, said in the encrypted radio handset, in his left hand, in russian, “Target sighted.”

A woman, with the russian accent, said, on the other end of the line, in russian, “Your orders are engage the group, separate target, and capture the target. But, do not. I repeat, do not kill any of the targets. And do not kill any civilians, unless they get in our way.'

The man replied, “Understood captain.”

(_)

After finished with the bags of goods, closing the trunk, and placing the shopping cart a nearby parking lot cage for the cart, Akira and John head back to Megatron, in car mode, to get into him, and head back to the mansion.

While Akira headed for the driver's seat door, John walked to the passenger seat door.

Akira suddenly saw a glint of light, from the top of a nearby building.

Akira realized was it was, as she yelled, “Sniper! Three o'clock high!”

Akira and John immediately ducked for cover.

Given the angle, of the reported snipe, John had to duck behind the car beside Megatron's right. While Akira ducked behind Megatron's driver's side door.

As Akira tried to peek her head up, she heard a bullet buzz beside the right side of her head, right above her right shoulder.

This forced her back down.

Akira said, “Yep. We got a sniper. Given our enemies, I would guess that part of Hotel Moscow has been sent after us. This is bad.”

John stated, “Akira, I am sure we have both faced worse. Here is what I want you and Megatron to do. I will will give you cover, when I do, hop into the back of Megatron and give him cover as you both escape.”

Akira whined, “Don't pull this, I'm a man, you're a woman. Therefore, since I'm a woman, I should escape.”

John snapped, “I'm not! You are the only person here beside me that can give Megatron cover as he escapes. If he transforms in public to defend himself, that will open a whole new can of worms. And we cannot afford to lose Megatron. He is our only ride. In so many ways. Besides, the rest of the gang says you are a crack shot with those pistols. Now, prove it.”

Megatron said, “John is correct. If they capture me and my reality jumping device, it is all over for us.”

Akira cursed, “I hate it when you are right.”

John pulled out his pulse pulse, with his right hand, as he asked, “Ready?”

Akira got out her revolvers, as she replied, “Ready.”

John yelled, “Go!” He popped up and fired his pulse pulse in the direction of the sniper.

At the same time, Akira stood up, and jump backwards into the back seat of Megatron.

When Akira was inside, Megatron immediately drove himself forward, and out of the parking lot, at high speed.

As soon as Megatron and Akira had exited the parking lot, John ducked back down behind the car he was beside.

(_)

Meanwhile, Megatron and Akira were on the nearly empty road, as Akira leaned up in the backseat. As they passed by a few buildings, on both sides, Akira saw snipers on them. She fired at them. She knew she could not hit them from the angle she was sitting at, along with the speed that Megatron was going. But, she knew the shots were close enough to force them to take duck back down behind the roof parapets.

A minute later, after a few more twists and turns through the various streets, Megatron started to slow down to the speed limit.

Megatron stated, “We are clear. Hide you weapons, and get into the driver's seat. I'll drive, but I want to you keep a look out for anyone following us. My sensors are good. But, a second set of eyes can only help matters. I am going to take the long way to the mansion, to make sure we are not followed. We should be there in half an hour.”

Akira replied, “Good idea. And what about John?” She then swiftly holstered her weapons, back into her shoulder holsters. Next, she climbed over the top of the front seat. A second later, she sat down in the driver's seat.

As Akira buckled herself into into the car, Megatron pointed out, “Also, if John is as good as you all say he is, we should not worry.”

Akira stated, “I hope you are right.”

(_)

Back at the grocery store parking lot, John had slowly crouched his way from car to car, with his pulse pistol still in his right hand. As he slowly made his way by the cars, he always tried behind some cover. Though, he had to bolt a few times, between parking lanes. But, that was not to much trouble.

He was getting closer to an open door to a large building, across the two lane street, on the right side of the grocery store.

A the moment, John couched behind the last car, before he made it to the two land street, and that building entrance.

John thought, 'When the others told me about Hotel Moscow. They said that group had expert snipers. I am too exposed outside. I need to get somewhere inside a large building, and lose them. And I should be able to do that job, once I get into the building in front of me. Fortunately, that street is not busy. And I noticed the few car that went by, were going slow. Meaning the speed limit is slow there. So, I will not likely get hit, when I cross the street.'

'Also, seconds ago, I saw a few people run into the grocery store. I guess those around us heard the shots. So, they ran for the grocery store entrance. Someone is likely calling the police right now. So, time is not a limiting factor for both me and Hotel Moscow.'

'Still, I get the feeling that these guys are only targeting us. And they let the others go, because they are not interested in them. Besides, killing the locals will just stir up the hornets nest for all of us.'

John then heard, from across the parking lot, from the building, a woman with a russian accent, yell, in english, “John Crichton! Surrender now! And you will not be harmed!”

From behind the car he was uses as cover, John peeked his head up for a second and he saw in the distance, at the end of the parking lot, by the main street, a woman, with the scar on the right side her face. She had long blond hair that went down her back. And she was wearing green combat fatigues.

The woman was standing behind a car, with men, whom were also in green combat fatigues. The men were pointing their rifles at him beside a couple of cars across the street.

John ducked back under cover, as he thought, 'That much be Balalaika. The leader of Hotel Moscow. The guys told me all about them. And she and her men are clearly ready for war. She has likely already call off the snipers, and she is planning to handle this direction. So, how do I get out of this mess?... Oh, that should work. I will just use the one thing that has never failed me before. My mouth, and my wits.'

While still behind cover, John yelled, “Well if is isn't the Wicked Witch of the West, and her flying monkeys! I have heard so much about you!”

Across the parking lot, Balalaika could not believe what she just heard. She thought, 'Lotton warned me that this John had a mouth on him. But, I cannot let this insult towards us, stand.'

Balalaika responded, in a strong, authoritative, tone of voice, “And who do you think you are to insult us?! Fool!”

John laughed. He then loudly stated, “Little old me?! Well, as I said to the nice gentleman in the suit, a little over a year ago. I'm Dorothy! And here is Toto!”

John broke cover behind the car, as he fired his pulse pistol at Balalaika, and those Hotel Moscow members beside her, while he ran across the empty street, and into the entrance of the large, nearby building.

As John ran, his shots forced Balalaika and her men to duck under the car they were using for cover.

When John entered the building, he looked around and he found himself in a large steel room. It looked to be a very clean, chrome steel warehouse.

There was a staircase beside him that lead to a steal catwalk above him. With the catwalk around along the wall outside wall above entrance he had just used.

Windows that lined the top of the building provided plenty of sunlight to see from the outside.

John thought, 'Somebody really wanted this place to be clean. Not that I am complaining.'

John also noticed that there were large, four feet square, steel packing crates, seemingly set a random, around the large floor.

John saw then the exit on the other side of the room.

As John ran, he came within twenty feet of the exit, when he heard Balalaika yell, behind him, “Stop right there, John Crichton?!”

John immediately ducked behind a steel crate, to his left.

John could hear several footsteps going up the steel catwalk stairs.

A second later, one of the members of Hotel Moscow turned on the white, florescent lights, of the inside of the large room.

The warehouse became very well illuminated, but not blindingly bright Still, the lighting was enough that John could see the reflections of Hotel Moscow behind him, on the shiny chrome wall in front of him. And he was sure they could see his reflection, in the wall in front of him, as well.

John could see that Balalaika and her men had taken the high ground. They all stood in a row, on the second story steel catwalk, as they faced John. Balalaika stood, with her arms crossed, while her men pointed their AK seventy-four automatic rifles at him.

John thought, 'I have to figure away out before they circle around, and trap me.'

Balalaika barked, “I order you to surrender, John!”

John quipped, “When hell freezes over, Bell.”

While still having her arms crossed, Balalaika signaled with her right hand for her men to fire over the crate John was sitting behind, for a few seconds.

Fortunately, for John, all the bullets went over the crate, and the ricochets did not hit him, nor anyone else in the room.

Right after the gunfire stopped, and some of the members of Hotel Moscow reloaded their rifles.

As her men reloaded their weapons, Balalaika warned, with her voice as cold as ice, through clearly laced with rage, “One more wisecrack, John. And I am bringing Chang back your corpse.”

John thought, 'Damn. And with an attitude like hers, I was just about to suggest she needs to get laid... Seriously. It worked for Aeryn.'

Suddenly, from outside the entrance door behind him, below the catwalk Balalaika and the members of Hotel Moscow were on, John heard a female voice, in a familiar accent, say, in a calm tone, in english, “Miss Balalaika. Perhaps it is best if someone else should take over negotiations for this situation.”

From the reflection on the wall, John saw a pretty, woman, in her mid-twenties, walk into the warehouse. Her face was a nice sight to behold. She had a full head of white hair that was cut short, and she had pale skin. Her athletic, physical frame was slightly smaller than Aeryn's body.

The woman openly smiled to reveal white, human like teeth.

Though, John also noticed that the woman wore a very familiar black armor, completely with black gloves and boots, but without the black mask, and hood.

It took a moment for John's brain to make a logical guess as to the woman's identity. His eyes widened for a second, as he asked, in surprise, “Scorpy?! Is that you?!”

Scorpios spoke the same accent as she always did, but in a feminine voice, as she answered, “Yes, John. It is I.”

John thought, 'Oh. This is bad on so many levels. And given some of the things Scorpy has been into, over the years. I don't want to know what she thinks of my now. Though, I have no doubt, given Scorpy history of physical problems, she likely underwent this change willingly.'

'I don't know how, but Chang must have found out that I joined Rock's crew. And Scorpy is a logical person to hire to counter me. With the price being making Scorpy's body healthy. Scorpy could probably care less what gender he, or she, is, as long as he, or she, is healthy.'

'I wonder if the cool rod system has been removed from Scorpy's head? I see no sign of it in her reflection. So, I think that is likely.'

'Still, I am not going to tell Aeryn, nor the others on Moya about the development. I do not want to give them nightmares. Though, I will tell Rock and the others.'

'Interesting, that Scorpy is speaking english. I have no doubt she long since mastered my native language. During our time on Earth, while he was in orbit, on Moya. All as I way to better understand me, and gain my help over wormhole weapons.'

'Though, I think that last wormhole weapon I made, finally convinced Scorpy that such weapons are a bad idea.'

'And she is likely speaking english so the others around her, understand what she is saying.'

'I wonder if she has seen our series, yet? Not, that is matters at the moment. We already know each other so intimately, that such knowledge would be useless against the other. Still, it is best to be nice. And I will be telling the truth, when I say.'

John stated, “I will be honest. You have never looked better.”

Scorpius calmly took her time, as walked up the stairs to stand by Balalaika on the catwalk. While doing so, she responded, “Thank you, John. Chang's subordinate. Lotton. Approached me with an offer that was to tempting to pass up. He would purge my Scarran side from me, in exchange for my services. After the process was completed, I checked myself. And the DNA tests I have conducted on myself confirms that I am now a pure Sebacean. With a very stable genetic code. He even restored my youth, and granted me excellent health. With a few minor alterations.”

John thought, 'As I thought. You consider your gender change to be minor.' He commented, “It is all in the eye of the beholder.”

Scorpius came to a stop, to stand at the top of the stairs. She turned to face John, as she stated, “That is correct. I am now a pure Sebacean. Just as my mother was. In truth, I now look very similar to my mother. All the while, I still retain all my strengths, yet none of my weaknesses.”

“No more thermal problems. No more coolant system in my head... The headaches are finally over. I still wear this suit, because I like the style.”

John sarcastically thought, 'Why am I not surprised?'

Scorpius continued, “Though, I had to have this suit altered to fit my new physical frame. But, that was a small matter. And since my change, I learned so much more.”

John thought, 'Meaning there is a time dilation effect going on. She has been gone from our reality, far longer than I have. I am not really surprised about that.'

Scorpius went onto say, “Wormholes as weapons. How could I be so foolish? We were like children fighting over a small mound, when there were mountains behind us! And the multiverse has so much to offer.”

“Who knew that your inane prattling was worth more than just distraction. And your knowledge... And wisdom, in this areas of expertise offers so much more. Join us and I promise you won't be harmed. Nor, will your friends and family come to harm.”

John deadpanned, “Honestly. We have gone done this road before, and we both always got burned. Still, I'm flattered, sweetheart. But, I'm also married. So, it ain't happening again in this lifetime.”

John then shouted to the soldiers, as he offered, in a strong tone of voice, “Look guys! I know you can hear me! I admire your loyalty! But, I have done this dance before, a few times! It never ends well for guys in your positions! If you want out! I will try my best to help you!”

Balalaika laughed. She then stated, with a wicked grin on her lips, “Little puppy, learn this lesson well. My soldiers are wholly loyal to me.”

John pointed out, “But, do they know about the brainwashing? And the gender bending? I had a long chat will Rock on this. It ain't pretty. That's right, Chang has been having boomers, along with his girl squad, kidnapping dudes from all over the multiverse, dumping them in vats full of green goo, in the lower levels of that tower, and literally changing them into women. Afterward, they are either brainwashed into servants, or breeding stock.”

Everyone went dead silent. From the reflection on the wall in front of him, John could see Balalaika's eyes screamed death for him. Scorpius just had an amused look on her face. And the reaction shown on the faces of Balalaika's men ranged from confusion, to fear, to disgust.

John thought, with mild enjoyment, 'So, these guys have been left out of the loop on this. Interesting.'

John then noticed that the soldiers were starting looking at each other.

John thought, 'Good. I got them thinking.'

John continued, “If Chang can brainwash someone stubborn as that redhead I keep hearing about, to be loyal enough serve him. And boy, does Rock have a hard on for her. Surely, Chang can get his claws into you, as well. The only question left is a matter of, when?”

Balalaika, Scorpius, and John saw the demeanor had changed among the soldiers' body language.

John silently realized, 'Now, is my best chance!'

John quickly bolted from his hiding place, and he ran for the door in front of him.

Balalaika noticed none of her soldiers were firing. She ordered, in english, “Fire!”

None of them did so.

Balalaika quickly repeated herself with more force in her voice, in russian, “Fire!”

The soldiers then fired, but by then, John had escaped out the door.

As John ran out of the room, Balalaika, Scorpius, and the members of Hotel Moscow heard police sirens in the distance, that were coming closer.

Balalaika cursed, “Damn! We don't have time to catch him now.”

Scorpius calmly pointed out, “Miss Balalaika. From a voice of experience. John is a very difficult person to catch. And there will likely be other opportunities to catch, John.”

Balalaika smirked, as she thought, 'Only a few people have ever called me Miss Balalaika. And this Scorpius has done so, twice. She knows at least how to be polite and respectful.'

Balalaika agreed, “You're right.” She ordered, “Everyone meet back a the Tower. We will have a discussion about your conduct, when we get there.”

Balalaika and Scorpius them use the small reality devices, that were strapped to their belts, to teleport back to Chang's Tower.

Meanwhile, her men winced at the veiled threat, as they used their own reality devices to return to Chang's Tower, at the scheduled point of time.

(_)

When the police busted into the factory, they had found no one there. Though, they did find some rifle shells. Later on, the police only found rifle shells on the nearby roofs.

(_)

Meanwhile, after the police arrive, John had a good head start. And he ducked through some buildings to lose the police.

(_)

A few hours later, John returned to the mansion, and entered through the front door, with a key he had been given.

As John stepped inside the living room of the mansion, he greeting the others, except for Rock, and Megatron, whom were not there.

Akira said, “John, we thought you were captured.”

John cracked a grin, as he said, “I am not that easy to get.”

Rock then walked into room, from a hallway leading to the nearest bathroom. He stood ten feet from John, as he looked at him.

Everyone turned to Rock, and they could see that he was even more unsteady on his cane than usual. But, his eyes still held steel in them, as he directly asked, “So, John. What happened?”

John answered, “Well, long story short, I was able to use my wits to escape. Chang knows I am now on your team. Because, I just met Scorpy. Also, Scorpy is now a chick, and is working with Chang. And from the way Scorpy talked, they are using time dilation mechanics against us.”

Rock calmly responded, “I already figured that out. And I should have anticipated. With you joined us, that Scorpius would end up working for Chang. But, not this soon. Though, he... Err, she could end up being trouble either side. She always has her own agenda. So, in the long run, she could cause problems for Chang.”

John replied, “True.”

Rock inquired, “What else?”

John stated, “Well, the good news is that it seems the guys at Hotel Moscow did not know about Chang's breeding projects. Thanks to myself. Now, they do.”

Rock agreed, in a weak tone of voice, “That is good news. I wish I had such good news.”

Rock then passed out, and collapsed onto the carpeted floor.

Everyone rushed to his aid, as Fabiola yelled, “Rock!”

(_)

A few hours later, Rock came too.

His sense of touch informed him that he was still dressed. Though, his head was on a pillow, and he was laying on a bed, above the sheets.

As Rock opened his eyes, turned his head to his left, and he realized he was in his bed, in his bedroom.

When he turned to his right, he saw Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma, all as women, were sitting in chairs, that had been placed near the right side of his bed.

Rock saw that there was no one else in the room, and that the door to the bedroom was closed.

A second later, the women noticed that Rock was awake.

Akira said, in a serious tone of voice, “Rock, we need to talk.”

Rock tried to sit up, but he still weak, and the simple movement immediately made him become dizzy. And he was forced to lay back down. With the dizziness dispelling the moment his head hit the pillow.

This did not go unnoticed by the other adults in the room.

Rock stated, in a direct tone of voice, “I know what you are going to say. And I do not want to hear it. I have made my decision.”

Ranma commented, “Rock, I have only known you for a short time. But, in that time I have grown quite fond of you, as a friend.”

Natsuru stated, “Rock, I feel the same way as Ranma. You need to do something about this, before it is too late.”

Akira questioned, “Rock, we care about you. And the others decided that we should be the ones to talk to you about this. We both know there are other options for you, besides dying. So, why haven't you taken them?”

Rock answered, “As I stated before. I have searched the multiverse for a working treatment. There is none.”

Natsuru said, “You could complete the process and become a woman. That would save you.”

Ranma mentioned, “Being a girl is not that bad. It just takes some getting use too.”

Akira asked, “Rock? Are you afraid of being a woman? If so, that is a normal fear for a man.”

Rock responded, in an upset tone of voice, “Okay, I admit it. Yes. The thought of becoming a woman scares the hell out of me for many reasons. First, the woman I love might no longer love me. Or, that I might no longer be attracted to her. There is a real possibility that the gender change may drive me literally insane. You three are not exactly pillars of sanity, yourselves.”

Natsuru commented, “We concede that point to you.”

Rock went onto say, “Then, there are clothing issues. I would be physically weaker... Well maybe not, that super-soldier would likely make me stronger than I would be now. Even if I was healthy.”

“And let us not even talk about the that time of the month for women. And finally, the only way I could be a parent would to have the child. I could never be a father. Never love a woman as a man.”

Ranma stated, “Not necessarily. There are options. Even if you are stuck as a woman. Though, I would not recommend getting the real man water itself, for personal control reasons. I could get you some packets of instant spring of drowned man.”

“If you have not seen my series. Which I think you, have, from the way you first reacted to me.”

Rock said, “Yes. I have.”

Ranma responded, “Good. Though, to refresh your memory, each packet literally has magic powder inside. The powder is somehow from the original spring of drowned man. You put the powder into a decent sized cup of cool water and you slash yourself. If you are a girl, you will turn into a guy with all the working parts. It worked for Futaba. You have heard of Futaba?”

Rock nodded.

Ranma continued, “Well, Futaba is going to be a mother soon. But, I left her something that will allow him to become a father. And given Futaba gender related physical problems, you can see how special that is.”

“Well, I left her, and her wives, both instant men and instant girl packets. Though, given it is magic, when you are using it, hot water will seek you out. So, be warned.”

Rock inquired, “Really? So the stuff does work?”

Ranma replied, “Yes. As you likely know, I have used it before. And I know others whom had done so, as well.”

Rock smiled, as he mentally reflected, 'Ranma is right. I do remember that episode in her anime. And though my research in magic showed it was too risky to cure me, there are options, after the process. I can still be a man. Just not all the time. And I will be alive and healthy.'

Akira mentioned, “And I can personally assure you. That Revy swings both ways. So, no worries on that front. We both should know that, after that wonderful time, the three of us had at the beach.”

Rock questioned, “True. But, what about the difficulties of being a woman?”

Ranma sadly said, “As the one here with the most experience in these matters, I won't lie to you, Rock. You pointed out some very good reasons. There will be challenges. Such as dealing with tenderness of female breasts, and using a bra. Also, from experiencing a monthly period myself. Many more times than I wish to admit. I can tell you it can be pretty bad.”

“But, not always bad. Sometimes it is just an annoyance that you can mostly ignore, while it is happening. From talking to my female friends, along with my experiences, the first time is usually the worst. The only real trade off is that you will be calmer, less aggressive, and less prone to anger. Along with more control over your sex drive.”

“But, you will still have a sex drive. And said sex drive can get pretty intense if you are not careful. But, you will just be more in control of it from the standpoint of when you want to start something with someone.”

Rock thought, 'I might as well tell them the rest.'

Rock took a deep breath and then slowly let it out. He said, in a sober tone of voice, “Okay. You make a good argument. And an honest one, at that. Though, there is another matter, that I never told anyone this, before. Long before actually seeing the Black Lagoon omakes, which I am sure you have seen?”

Akira commented, “Natsuru, and I have.”

Natsuru said, “Yes. They were interesting.”

Rock responded, “I guess, from a viewer standpoint, they would be. Though, you may be surprised to learn that I have known about the events of the omakes, years before I saw them.”

“This is because from my point of view, I experienced them through my dreams. To be honest, it wasn't all horrible. I found seeing Revy in a magical girl outfit and Boris as a teenage pretty boy was very funny.”

Rock continued in a more serious tone of voice, “But, mostly is was traumatizing. Then, I experienced the Boys and Girls omake. First hand. Including the ending, where I saw Revy unzipped his shorts, not her shorts. His. From my point of view. Not the viewers point of view.”

Natsuru quietly said, while cover her mouth with her right hand, “My god. That must have been horrible.”

Akira commented, “Okay. That type of freak out, and the aftermath, would mess anyone up.”

Ranma stated, “The girls showed me your series, a few months ago. I wanted to know more about where Akira has been. Rock, I really admire you. You still love Revy. Even after seeing something like that, stuck on her otherwise female body.”

Rock softly said, “It was not easy. After experiencing the Boys and Girls omake, I woke up in a cold sweat, while screaming at the top of my lung. It took me a while to calm down. At the time, I thought they were alcohol induced nightmares.”

“And that one, in particular, made me give up alcohol for a month. The others thought I had cracked, until they convinced me to have a beer, a month later. It took me a week after the dream for me to force myself to look at Revy, without me feeling sick to my stomach. And I mostly never looked at my coworkers and friends the same way again. And to top it all off, you would not believe what was on that disc Revy gave me at the hotel.”

Akira responded, “I got a feeling it is not good.”

Rock sadly agreed, “No, it isn't. It was a video made by Chang, and Lotton. The video showed that Dutch, Benny, and Janet have all be capture and brainwashed. With both Dutch and Benny being turned into women. They look very similar to what how their counterparts are in the Boys and Girls omake... There is no way in hell I can ever go back to my old life, now.”

“And I love being part of a pirate crew. Best years of my life. And I would do it all over again, if I could. Even the bad parts. It was that good.”

Natsuru quietly said, “I am so sorry to hear that.”

Ranma commented, “Well at least you will not be alone in going through all of this. There is us, and Annie. And when we rescue your friends. We all can help Benny and Dutch adjust to their changes.”

Rock slightly grinned, as he said, “That is a nice thought, Ranma. But, I am also worried that if I do undergo the process, I might lose your respect, if I became a woman.”

Akira sternly stated, “We are not hypocrites. Even if you became a woman, you would still be our leader in this venture.”

Ranma commented, “Yes. I was once like that, due to poor upbringing, that we do not need to get into. Still, I grew out of that problem, a long time ago. I have since them, learned to respect both men and women, equally.”

Rock replied, “I appreciate that.”

Akira said. “And if you were not dying, we would not be suggesting you do this?”

Natsuru commented, “This would not be something we would recommend to someone, unless the situation was serious, and there were no other options.”

Rock responded, “Point taken. Sadly, it still comes down the fact that only Chang has access to that combination of technology and chemicals to do this. And I refuse to be brainwashed into Chang's servant, or worse. I would rather die, than be a slave.”

The three woman nodded in agreement.

Natsuru commented, “What if we could insure that you were not brainwashed?”

Rock asked, “What do you have in mind?”

Natsuru commented, “After we hauled you up here, the rest of us in the house talked. And we came up with a plan.”

Natsuru explained the plan to Rock.

Right after Natsuru finished with telling Rock the plan, Rock stated, “I like it. It is simple, but workable. And John would be perfect for playing point on this.”

Ranma pointed out, “We will still need some answers about the details. But, I am sure John can handle that, as well.”

Akira asked, “True. But, how would be find them? It would be quite the reverse of the usual situation.”

Rock cracked a grin, as he said, “Don't worry, I have a few ideas.”

(_)

Black Lagoon reality, late afternoon, in the deep interior of civilian level of Chang's Tower. It was a few hours after Balalaika, Scorpius, and a number of Hotel Moscow members had returned to Chang's Tower, without capturing John Crichton.

The interior of Chang's Tower were not solid floors. There were many open air atriums within the tower, that went up a between five to ten stories, and were about a hundred yards in diameter. These atriums gave those that level in the building full time a sense of openness to the area.

Though, these atriums were deep inside the tower, there were indoor lighting skylights that were timed to illuminate the open airs during the day, like it was daytime. During the night, there were green lamp lights post along the parapets of the balconies, and along the bottom floor.

No one else understood why, but Chang wanted a green lighting motif for his steel-blue tower.

Though, much like a modern shopping mall, there were elevators and escalators between the stories in the atriums.

Most of the atriums were located in the living areas, or the shopping and medical areas.

In the living areas, the bottom floor of the atrium as a communal heated pool, tennis court, with chairs and seats.

On the bottom floor of the atrium for the shopping areas was were there food courts were located, with some potted planets and trees. Along with a few fountains.

The bottom of the medical atriums were just cushioned couches and metal tables, with a few glass works of art placed through out the floor.

In the second story balcony of one such medical atrium, Hotel Moscow second in command, Boris, had just finished talking to his doctor. With him then exiting his doctor's office, onto the balcony.

As Boris stood on the balcony, looking out on the atrium, he thought, with bittersweet emotion, 'At least I still have plenty of time to do what I need to do. And to do what needs to be done.'

Boris then looked down at the bottle of pills in his right hand. He opened the bottle and took a pill out. After he closed the bottle, he dry swallowed the pill without a problem.

Boris pocketed the medication, as he silently prayed, 'I hope the doctor is right about no side effects from the medication.'

Just then, Boris noticed one of his subordinates, in combat fatigues, approached him, from his left side.

Boris turned to him, just in time for the man to come to a stop in front of him.

The man then saluted Boris, which Boris saluted back.

After both of them dropped their salutes, the man addressed Boris, in russian, “Sergeant. There is a matter that we must discuss with you in private. Sir. If you will please follow me.”

Boris' only reply was to nodded in confirmation that he understood what his subordinate had requested of him.

The man turned around, and started walking, with Boris following behind him.

Boris immediately forget his own worries, and personal problems, as he followed the man elsewhere, deeper into the tower, and away from the atrium they had just been in.

(_)

After twenty minutes of walking, and using a few elevators, Boris' subordinate lead him steel door at the end of a hallway.

The man stopped in front of door and opened it.

After Boris was lead inside, the man he was with closed the door behind them.

Boris then heard the click sound, meaning the man locked the door behind him.

Boris looked around he saw that it was a large storage room, with large wooden crates set against the walls. Along with this, the ceiling lights on, allow plenty of illumination in the room.

And to Boris' surprised, in the room, he saw the entire membership of Hotel Moscow there, except for Balalaika.

Some men were sitting on the large crates around the walls of the room. While, others were standing.

Boris noticed that all of the men had serious expressions on theirs faces.

The man whom Boris followed here, in the storage room, asked, in russian, “Has the room been check for bugs?”

Another man replied, in russian, “Yes. This room is clean.”

The first man stated, “Good.”

Boris asked, “Where is the captain? Where is Balalaika?”

One of the man flatly said, in russian, “We can no longer trust the captain.”

Another man turned to the man that questioned the trustworthiness of this captain. He asked, in russian, “What did she do when you found out the information, from that man you shot at?”

The man being addressed, answered, “She yelled at us for an hour. But, she didn't do anything else. But, we were ordered to stay quiet about what that guy said. Still, my comrades, this was too important not to inform the rest of you.”

Boris mentally realized, 'These men are completely loyal to the captain. For them to willingly disobey an order by her means the situation is very serious.'

Boris requested, “Gentlemen. Please inform me on what is going on.”

A man that was standing, said, in russian, “Certainly, Sergeant. I and a handful of our comrades were ordered to go with the Captain, and a strange woman in black armor, to capture a man. When we had the target cornered, he claimed, without our knowledge, that Chang was conducting strange, bizarre, breeding projects. Where men, and we guess women, are being kidnapped from the places we teleport to and from, and being placed into vats.”

“When they are placed into these vats, something else put into these vats that physically changes the men into women. And both these new women and those originally women are brainwash, and either used as loyal servants, or used as breeding stock.”

“When we returned, I assigned someone to look into those claims. While, the rest of us were to quietly inform our comrades. The man assigned to check the lower levels of the tower, that were restricted from us just returned, two hours ago. It took us this long to get everyone together, without raising suspicions. While, at the same time, finding and checking a room where would we could all talk in private.”

The man that had informed Boris, turned to a small member for their group, while requesting, “Please, tell us what you found.”

A smaller member of the group, said, in russian, “I checked on what the man claimed to be going on. I went to the lower levels, restricted to us. There were vats with green goo and people inside them. There were more vat than I could count along the seemingly endless floor. All of the people inside the vats were nude. Many of them were women. Most of whom were women were at different stages of pregnancy.”

“And the male adults I saw in the vats... They looked like they were being changed from men into women. Some of the wires were hooked to them were attached their foreheads. From what I have seen, I believe that the brainwashing and gender bending breed projects the man claimed, is real.”

A man standing in the corner asked, in russian, “What the hell have we gotten ourselves into?”

Another man quickly asked the smaller man, in russian, “Were you discovered?”

The smaller man replied, “No. I kept to the ventilation system right under the vats. I could see the vats, and the technicians walking on the floor, from the above grates. But, no one saw me. Being trained to be a tunnel rat comes in handy.”

A man that was standing stated, in russian, “This would explain why two-hands, the cleaner, Miss Knifenut, and the maid, joined together, to work as a team that is solely loyal to Chang.”

Another man sitting on a box cautioned, in russian, “Since we now know the truth, we have to be real careful. If Chang or Lotton get wind we know what is going on, they will sic those robotic monsters on us, and we will likely be in those vats. Made into women, as either brainwashed servants, or worse.”

“It is like that old gulag joke. A guard one day, a prisoner the next day.”

Boris noticed that the mood of the men under his command was darkening.

One man that was standing said, in russian, “And have you seen those two girls with Janet, the blond babe from Lagoon Company? I swear to god they look like they were the sisters of Dutch and Benny.”

Another man questioned, in russian, “What if they are Dutch and Benny, whom have been turned into chicks and brainwashed?”

A man across the room replied, in russian, “Then, we are in deeper shit than we thought.”

Another man stated, in russian, “Listen, as a soldier, I am prepared to give my life. But, my manhood is a completely different matter, entirely.”

Boris inquired, “Have any of you taken a picture of those two women with Janet?”

A man near Boris said, “Yes. I snuck a picture of them. It is not great quality. It was taken while they were with Janet, shopping for clothes. I freely admit that woman's taste in feminine clothing scares even me.”

The man pulled out a picture form his pants pocket, and handed it to Boris.

When Boris looked at this picture, his eyes slightly widened, but not enough for the other men to notice.

In the picture were the now female Benny and Dutch, along with Janet. It was taken in the food court of one of the shopping areas of the tower. They were wearing really frilly dresses, with long skirts. Benny was wearing a pink dress. Dutch was wearing a brown dress. Janet was wearing a yellow dress.

The looked on their faces helped confirm his suspicions. While Janet had a facial expression of glee, the eye and facial features on Dutch and Benny showed they were very uncomfortable about wearing the dresses they had on.

Boris thought, 'Even with that clothing, I can tell they look like Dutch and Benny from the Boys and Girls omake. They likely are Dutch and Benny. I never told Balalaika, nor Chang. But, afterward that meeting of the families. When I first gained access to reality travel. I secretly traveled to a few realities, and got a hold of the omakes.'

'The reason I have not said anything on the matter, is I did not want anyone to know that I was a skinny pretty boy, in my youth. That Viva Youth omake really nailed how I use to look, before I joined the military. And joining the military was the best decision I made in my entire life.'

'Clearly, Dutch and Benny have been brainwashed to get them into that clothing. Revy, Janet, and the other girls have likely been brainwashed, as well. If they can do that to Dutch and Benny. And get them to wear that! What could they do my men and I?'

'These sick projects might be why Balalaika has me resigned to administrative duties. To get me out of the way. Classic russian political tactic by the captain. And it means that at the moment, we really cannot trust the captain.'

Boris handed back the phone. He looked around, at his men, as said, in a serious tone of voice, “I was not informed of these twisted experiments.”

One of the men stated, in russian, “We believe you, Sergeant. That is why we sought your guidance.”

A man that was standing inquired, in russian, “Have any of you been on those spaceships that Chang had the girls and those... Boomers captured? I kid you not. They look exactly like star destroyers from the Star Wars movies.”

Another man answered, in russian, “Yea. They do look like star destroyers. And everyone has seen those movies.”

A man by the crates muttered, in russian, “I swear I thought I was going crazy when I saw those ships. I am glad that I am not the only one thinking that.”

A man across the room asked, in russian, “By the way, what was this man's name that claimed that Rock told him all about this?

The man that had informed Boris answered, “During the mission briefing, we were told the man's name was, John Crichton.”

Another man asked, in russian, “Was this a fair skinned man, with brown hair, and he likes to crack jokes, with American pop culture references, in english?”

The man whom the question was directed to, answered, “Yes.”

The man that asked the question, said, in disbelief, “Oh my god. He is from the Farscape series. A fictional science fiction series. A good one, at that. We are dealing with people from works of fiction.”

Another man said, russian, “That is insane.”

Boris thought, 'I guess, I need to tell them the truth.' He said, “Gentlemen.”

All talking amongst the men stopped, as the men turned listen to their present officer in command.

Boris stated, in a sober tone of voice, “I realize. Now. That there is information I should have previously told you. For that, I apologize. The information deals with a meeting of the families, that I accompanied the captain too. When we got there, Chang showed us the beginning of an anime. That was only the start of the strangeness of that evening...”

(_)

An hour later, Boris had told them everything. The combat boomer. The Black Lagoon series. What Chang had offered them. When he finished, he could see by the looks on his men's faces, that they believed him, and they were stunned by these revelations.

One of the man questioned, in russian, “So, we are all living in a fictional reality? And we have been teleporting to other fiction realities? Some of the places we even know about?”

Boris replied, “That sums it up.”

A man stated, in russian, “Oh my god. So, that really was Megatron we fought?” The man smiled, as he realized, “We took down Megatron. We kick ass.”

Another man said, in russian, “And that explains why right after we took Megatron down, the boomers showed up to haul his ass to the tower. Chang did not want us to see what was going on.”

A man standing by a wall pointed out, in russian, “So, the pink robot with the girls really is the autobot, Arcee.”

Another man countered, in russian, “I don't understand. I thought Arcee in the original series was kind and sweet? The bot is a bitch.”

A man sitting on the crates explained, in russian, “It is probably because this one is the crazy, sociopathic autobot from the IDW comics. Trust me. You do not want to know. And she is as crazy as two-hands, and the rest of those women.”

A man standing near some crates asked, in russian, “You mentioned that there was a woman in black armor with you. Did you get her name? What does she look like?

A man near Boris answered, in russian, “We were not informed of her name. But, she was a young, pale skinned woman, with white hair. The way John and her talked, it made it sound like she was an alien. John called her, Scorpy.”

The man that asked the question, responded, “Scorpy? Oh lord, she is Scorpius! And he has been changed into a woman.”

Another man by the corner stated, in russian, “Chang and Lotton must been insane to employ Scorpius. He... err, I guess she is more dangerous than Darth Vader. And she is one of the few people I can think of that could outfight and out think the captain.”

A man sitting on a crate stated, in russian, “I think the question of their sanity, or lack there of, is academic at this point. What I worry about is, how does the captain figure into all this?”

A man that was standing said, russian, “It is obvious that the captain is in on this. But, why?”

Another man sitting on a crate said, in russian, “It is likely the captain has been brainwashed.”

A man that was near Boris said, in russian, “When we do act, we have to find a way to capture the captain, and deprogram her. Without harming her.”

A man that was standing near a corner of the room questioned, in russian, “But, how, and when should we act? Timing is the key, here. The only real advantage we have is that they do not know that we know the truth.”

Suddenly, Boris noticed that his men went quiet, as all of them looked to him for their answers.

One of the men said to Boris, in russian, “Sergeant. We will follow your lead on this. What will you have us do?”

Boris thought it over, for a few seconds. He then stated his plans.

(_)

Alternate Earth, San Francisco, in the same reality and city, that Rock and his team were in. It was around noon, the day after Rock collapsed. in a business district of San Francisco.

Revy, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Roberta were having lunch, while sitting in chairs, around an outdoor table, by a cafe restaurant, that served United States style food.

While, there were no umbrellas shading their table, nor the tables around them, it was still a pleasant place to sit, and enjoy lunch.

Arcee and the motoslaves were parked nearby the cafe, on two parking spaces by the road.

Unlike the last few warm days, a cold front has moved in from the north. And while it was still partly cloud, the temperature and wind, made the outside air be much cool than the last few days.

And given the wind, and moderately cool weather, in the city that day, the women were wearing casual, though somewhat warmer clothing.

Due to the cool weather, most of the tables around outside table were empty, save for a few other people whom were also having lunch outside. With most of the patrons of the restaurant, instead, having lunch inside the restaurant.

While sitting in the chairs, around the table, Revy was wearing her red leather pants, jacket, boots, and gloves. She also wore white t-shirt, under her open jacket. Along with this, she had her semi-automatic pistols, hidden in her shoulder holstered, under her open jacket.

And among her four women group, at the table, Revy was the only one presently armed.

Shenhua wore a blue long sleeved blouse, and a long white skirt, with flat soled slippers.

Sawyer had her electrolarynx choker around her neck. Also, she wore a dark blue t-shirt, with a black cloth jacket, blue jeans, and black tennis shoes.

Roberta wore sunglasses to hide cybernetic eye. Also, she had on a long sleeve button up blouse, pants, feminine gloves, and boots to hide her cybernetic limbs from the public around her. She also wore brown leather cowgirl boots.

Their conversation has been pleasant, as they had their lunch. With the four women just talk about casual topics of discussion for them.

Sawyer, with her electrolarynx choker, asked, “Do you all here about what happened with Hotel Moscow, yesterday?”

Revy replied, “Yea. They messed up big time, by letting that guy get away.”

Roberta inquired, “Did Balalaika kill anyone over it?”

Sawyer answered, “No. She does not kill her men, unless it is for very important reasons. Though, from what I understand, she just yelled at those of her men, that went with her, for a while.”

Shenhua commented, “What I do not understand is why the male members of Hotel Moscow are still men?”

Sawyer stated, “Even with the brainwashing, Balalaika won't let Chang touch her men.”

Revy said, “Damn shame not to. The process did wonders for Balalaika's skills. That time we watched four eyes, here, and Balalaika spar back at the tower gym was truly a sight to behold. Before then, I though my fist fight with you was something.”

Roberta commented, “Yes. It was energetic. I feel, if it was not for my cybernetic enhancements, she may have defeated me in that match.”

Revy said, “Exactly. Look at what we all can do now with that supersoldier serum in our veins, and just think of what how much more badass and dangerous Hotel Moscow would be overall, if they were given the same treatment. Sure, they would be chicks. But. so what? None of us are interested in them, in that way.”

Shenhua coyly inquired, “Speaking of interesting. Are you still hung up on Rock?”

Revy casually responded, “What can I say? I like intelligent men that are not afraid of me.”

Roberta pointed out, “But, if we do capture Rock, he won't be a man for long.”

Revy shrugged, as she replied, “I'm flexible.”

The other three women just giggled, at Revy's comment, for a few seconds.

Revy suddenly heard a man, whom was having lunch, at table behind her, speaking with a southeastern American accent, loudly state, in an obnoxious manner, “I love this food!”

Shenhua asked, “So, where do you think Rock and the others are hiding?”

Revy answered, “Wherever it is, it has to be big enough to hide Megatron, and be large enough to house the others.”

Roberta commented, “Well, every place we have checked out so far was a bust.”

Sawyer suggested, “Maybe they are hiding in an abandoned warehouse.”

Revy responded, “That would be cliché. And the one thing Rock is not, is cliché.”

Roberta questioned, “So, we will starting checking the large, foreclosed homes next? As I suggested we do in the first place.”

Revy agreed, “Yes. We will. I admit that you are likely right, and we were likely wrong.”

Roberta cracked a grin, as she responded, “Not to worry. It is just that I have more experience with tracking than you do.”

The man behind Revy loudly said, “It has been years! And I have missed you so much!”

Shenhua asked,, “So, what are your plans for the Chang's next pool party. That is coming up in a few days. At the penthouse of the tower?”

Roberta said, “Same as usual. I will probably go in the same swimsuit as before. At least these cybernetic are waterproof and light enough to allow me to swim.”

Sawyer said, “I plan to do the same. I see no reason why I should go out and buy another swimsuit to use only once. Unlike you, Shenhua.”

Shenhua casually stated, “A woman has to keep her options open.”

Revy snickered. She then commented, “Hey. If you look good in it once, you are going to look get in it again. Which, is why I am wearing the same bikini I wore last time.”

Shenhua said, “To each, their own.”

Roberta inquired, “Speaking of clothes shopping. Did you see those those clothes that Janet got those Dutch and Benny to wear? I mean, that girl has some strange tastes. I can understand the skirts and dress. The fact that Janet found a classic style dress that works with brown dreadlocks and dark skin tones is amazing. But, the lingerie she got them to wear I would not be caught dead in. And I do not know how she got them to wear it.”

Revy said, “I honestly think Chang left their brains in the wash too long. Including Janet. Dutch and Benny now sometimes act more girlish than me.”

Shenhua quipped, “That is not hard to accomplish.”

Sawyer and Roberta laughed at Shenhua' comment.

Meanwhile, Revy groaned for a few seconds, from mild embarrassment, as she thought, 'Shenhua has a point there. And I cannot believe I walked into that one.'

A few seconds later, after Sawyer and Roberta calmed down, Revy stated, “Well. When we get back. I plan to go with Janet when we get to the tower, and help her get some swimsuits for Dutch and Benny. We will try to get something decent and tasteful for all three of them.”

Sawyer said, “That scares me even more. Revy, you always pick the skimpiest outfit you can find. That, plus Janet's tastes, could leaved Dutch and Benny wearing something to the pool party that could barely be called a swimsuit.”

“Though, don't get me wrong, Dutch and Benny would probably now look good in anything. Dutch's female body now rivals your body. And though Benny has a small frame and small breasts, she can still make it work. With a little help. But, who am I to talk, in that department?”

Just then, the man behind Revy loudly proclaimed, “I cannot believe I am having love affair with this chili-dog!... I hope my wife doesn't find out!”

The disruptive comment by the man behind Revy, was the last straw for her, as Revy turned around, and yelled at the man, “Would you shut up!”

After Revy turned back to face her friends, she heard the man say in a casual tone of voice, “Don't be that way, Revy.”

The eyes of the all four women at the table slightly widened.

Revy said, more to herself, than the other women at the table, “How did he know my name?”

Revy turned around in her chair. The other three women at the table, stood up, and turned towards the man. All four women got much more closer look at the man.

The man was sitting in the chair, facing them, across the table from the four women. There was no one else at the table, where the man was sitting at.

The man's right arm was hanging down below the table, as he used his left hand to take a sip of his sweet iced tea to wash down the last bite of his chili-dog. He then used a cloth napkin to wipe off his fingers, that had a little bit of chili sauce on them.

Sawyer inquired, “Is that?...”

John set down his cup on the table in front of him, as he looked over at the women. He answered,“Yes. John Crichton. The newest addition to Team Rock.”

Revy quickly bolted from her chair. She rush over to John's table. She then leaned over table, across from John. She gave him a slasher smile, as she demanded, “How did you find us?”

John looked Revy, in her eyes, as he smirked. He commented, in a casual tone of voice, “I should tell you that you are not even half as scary as my wife can be.”

As John continued to look Revy in her eyes, primed his pulse pistol, in his right hand, under his table. He warned, in a serious tone of voice, “Fair warning, girls. I am a, Han shot first, type of hero.” He continued, in a more direct tone of voice, “Now, sit down, Revy. I came here to talk.”

Revy dropped her crazy grin, as she sat down in the chair, across from him.

By then, the other three women were standing behind Revy. With the three women ready to take wherever course of action their leader decided to upon.

As all four women looked at John, Sawyer, with her electrolarynx choker, calming asked, “How did find us, John?”

John explained, “In truth, Rock and Megatron found you. He had Megatron hack some spy satellites to look for you. After that was done, I was sent by the team, to come, and make a request from you. Do you know how rare a pink motorcycle is?”

Revy thought, 'Likely as rare as PT boat.' She replied, “Touche. Now, state your business?”

John stated, “Girls, we have the same problem. It was explained to me, in detail last night, what Rock's problem is. And I was elected by the others to come here to negotiation with you. From what I understand, I have the most luck when talking to crazy, violent people. Which given my track record, is both scary and depressing.”

“Anyway, as we all know, Rock is dying. He collapsed yesterday, and he is starting take a turn for the worst. Though, I am not personally crazy about the idea, I can understand his situation. Facing death can make a person do a lot of insane and questionable things.”

“By the way, this is not Rock's idea. This was the part time girls' idea. Or, are they part time guys? I never got the full story on them. And honestly, I don't want to know.”

“Anyway, what we want is for you to give us one of those vats, to complete the process on Rock. Since the incomplete process is what is killing him. This is the only way we know to save him, as a her. He would rather become a she than die.”

Revy suggested, “How about you just hand Rock over to us? We can guarantee he won't die.”

John responded, “Because that man would literally rather die than have his identity altered, and his mind shackled. I have seen that kind of look in a man's eyes before. He will not back down from this.”

“So, it comes down to either give us a vat, or you can visit Rock, at his soon to be occupied grave.”

Revy carefully stated, “We all agree that we want Rock to live.”

John requested, “So, give us a vat, without the brainwashing, so we can save his life.”

Revy looked over at her teammates, and then back at John. She explained, “Some minor brainwashing is required. Basically, just changes to what the researchers and techs call, gender identity. To make the person more conformable with the new gender. And some changes to make the person bi-sexual. To allow for the person to come terms with both their past relationships in their old gender, and future relationships in their new gender, while still being able to maintain previous relationships.”

John commented, “I think that would be acceptable.”

Revy said, “It takes around one month for the changed to be completed. Until then, I think Chang will go for a truce. The vat is self-powered, with redundancies, such as three generator. And you only need on to fully power it. So, that will not be a problem. Though, we will give you a manual for you all to have, to help make sure nothing goes wrong.”

John replied, “Then girls, I think we have a deal.” John powered down his pulse pistol, and he then put pulse pistol into his shoulder holster. Next, he stood up from his chair.

His jacket hid his pistol from view, as he pulled something from his pocket, and tossed it to Revy.

Revy caught it. She saw that it was a cellphone.

John stated, “This is what is called a burner phone. It is used for a one time communication. To prevent from being traced. We will call you in a few hours, or so with an answer. I am sure Rock will accept your terms. We will give you information where to drop off the vat. And please do not do anything foolish. Like plan a homing beacon on the vat. Or, install secret brainwashing that can be triggered, later. I have personal experience with both of those tools. And they never end well for anyone.”

Revy commented, in a reassuring tone of voice, “Don't worry. I won't let them do that.”

John nodded, as he replied, “I believe you, Revy. Now, have a nice day, ladies.”

He then turned and walked away from the women.

(_)

An hour later, in the mansion, as Rock, Fabiola, Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru were playing poker in the game room, in the garage, Annie was doing basic maintenance on Megatron.

The ceiling florescent lights of the garage fully lit. Giving the room plenty of light for Annie.

Akira was checking to make sure Megatron was physically doing okay. The regular check ups were due to the fact that Megatron has spent and extended amount of time at low power levels. And while Megatron refuse to show it. Once time, such, low powers levels could start to damage his system. Like malnutrition for an organic living become.

Though, that had yet occur, for Megatron. And all the check ups to that point has started that, while he had low power levels. He was otherwise, healthy for a cybertronian of his age.

At the moment, Megatron was laying, on his back, on the concrete floor of the garage. He has his chest armor open, revealing the inner workings of his body, around his glowing green spark.

Meanwhile, Annie was sitting on his stomach, while leaning over his chest cavity. She had a voltage meter pen in in right hand, as she used her left hand to steady herself.

Annie was using the voltage meter to check to make sure various system through out Megatron's chest were getting proper voltage, and energy regulation.

When Annie has started performing these check ups, at Rock's insistence. With Megatron begrudgingly complying. A number of months ago, experience had already taught Annie to take into account number of factors to Megatron's alien physiology and technology.

Over time, Annie had found the voltage meter pen was the simplest and fastest way to check to see if there was problem with Megatron's internal organs.

Given the number of battles they had been in, Annie did sometimes find a minor problem that Megatron's own inner sensors missed. Which, was why Megatron allowed Annie to continue to do these regular check ups.

If there was a problem, Annie found that some electronic spot wielding usually did the trick.

The most surprising thing she found about Megatron's technology was that in some ways, his technology was similar to droid technology. Only, Megatron's technology was several generations more advanced.

Due to Annie have decades of experience with droid technology, dating back to when she was child, she found that working on Megatron internal system was not too difficult.

And over time, the two of them had become friends. But, nearly really trusted the other. Though, they did have a begrudging respect for each other.

As Annie did this checkup on Megatron, she mentally reflected, 'At least working on electronics helps take my mind off of the abdominal cramps and bleeding, due to my period. Damn, it is annoying. But, I would still prefer this than being back in that black suit.'

'I am glad that Fabiola talked to me about this, before my first period. Or, my reaction would have been nowhere near as calm as it was, when I first had this problem.'

'Also, given Fabiola and I share such close quarters with each other, most of the time, we suffer this at the same time. And she taught me that it is best to try to be nice to other during this time. I am thankful for her help, on this matter.'

'And I am happy that Akira and Megatron got back yesterday, before Fabiola and I ran out of tampons. If that had happened, neither one of us would have been happy. We were down to one tampon, neither of us like pads, and we really did not want to literally fight each other over the last one.'

'And thinking of close quarters, in dealing with such situations, I do not want to even think about what Revy, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Roberta are like when they are having this time of the month, at the same time. Given their normal personalities, they might literally started a planetary war with each other, if such supplies were running low, during this time of the month.'

'Still, I need to take my mind off of this problem. And this is a good opportunity to talk to Megatron about something else. And I know just what to ask him.'

Annie inquired, “Megatron, do you ever think of the ramifications of what we are? bBing fiction characters to these people? Along with what we have done? Which has been less than pleasant? And how that will effect our futures?”

Megatron cracked a grin, as he asked, in a playful tone of voice, “What has brought this on, my little orphan Annie?”

Annie inwardly winced, as she thought, 'We should have never turned him loose on the internet. The moment he realized he was fictional character to other realities, he downloaded every version of the series he came from that he could find. He even searched the internets of other realities that we visited.'

'Then, he learned as much about pop culture as he could. I have surfed the internet occasionally. It has a lot of good information on it. And some fun places to go. Then, there are the other places... I do not even want to know what terabytes worth of human pornography has done to his mind.'

'Also, Rock informed me and Fabiola, in private, away from Megatron. That this version of Megatron was originally a bit of a philosopher at heart. If things had gone differently for him, he might have become a great peacemaker and social rights leader of his species, instead of becoming a violent fanatic.'

'In that way, we both had a lot in common. We could have both been better people if the people around us had treated us differently. Though, I am not wasting my second chance. I will be a better person than I was.'

Annie let out a breath that she did not realize she had been holding in. She stated, “I guess, I forgot to inform you. When we were in the hotel, I watched all six of the Star Wars movies. If Fabiola has not found me soon after finishing, I am not sure what I would have done. I doubt I would have killed myself. I do not think I deserve a quick death for what I have done. But, I just do not know what I would have done.”

Megatron responded, in a calm, even tone of voice, “Annie, it is a hard realization to find that when you thought yourself a hero, you instead came to understand that you were a villain. I came to that realization a long time ago. But, since then, I have moved passed such semantic notions. If you allow yourself to do so, you will one day move on, as well.”

“I saw those movies on the internet. I kept my opinions on those movies, to myself, because I knew talking about them would disturb you. If the movies are any indication. You always thought of yourself as a hero, whom did what you had to do, for the so called, greater good. Am I correct?”

Annie answered, in a sad, sober tone of voice, “Yes.”

Megatron calmly stated, “Now, you know the truth. You were one true terror back then. And you would have been even worse if Chang, and his forces, had not kidnapped you, when they did. Still, you are a somewhat formidable warrior. For a human. But, I am not one to judge. I have lived for millions of years, and I have done far worse than you could ever do.”

Megatron continue, in a slightly excited tone of voice, “Though, to answer your question. I like the thought that I am a work of fiction. It opens up so many possibilities. Literally, anything is not only possible for me, but within my reach. Should I desire it. Along with this, those humans of the various realities, whom know of me, give me the fear and respect, that I have worked so hard to cultivate. And in all of this, I am loving every minute of it.”

Annie stated, “Please, do not become upset. While, I find your wisdom touching. I also find your personal opinions of yourself, disgusting.”

Megatron laughed. As his laughter died down, he said, “There is hope for you, yet.”

Annie just shook her head in disbelief. She asked, “How did we become friends?”

Megatron answered, “It is an odd friendship. This is not surprising. Neither of us have lied to either other. Likely because I know you can use the force to check to see if I am telling the truth. And I can use my bio-sensors to check to see if you are telling the truth.”

“Even if we clearly do not trust each other, there is no real deception between the two of us. We can truly be ourselves with each other. Which is not surprising. Given the brutality we have both committed in the past. For our convictions and beliefs. Neither of us has the moral ground to judge the other. So, there are not worries of any true condemnation from the other.”

Annie conceded, “You have me there.”

Megatron commented, “I am glad you understand. Though Annie, I find it refreshing that you obviously are trying to take a different path in your life. You could say that I find it even inspirational. This is because I know that eventually, after I defeat my enemies, I will have to take a different path, as well. I will have to go from destroyer, to builder. So, I will be able to create my ideal civilization, for my people.”

Annie replied, “Thank you for noticing. Still, you seem like you want to go back to your old life.”

Megatron stated, “Yes. I do. I like the way I am, right now. After everything that has happened. I just want to go back to my old live. Before Chang kidnapped me. I think we can agree that staying with Rock, Fabiola, and the rest of their team, is the best chance we have to get the lives and freedom that we desire.”

Annie said, “That we agree on.”

Megatron decided to change the subject. He inquired, “So, have you found anything wrong with my systems?”

Annie answered, “No. But, I would like to check one more time.”

Megatron replied, “Go ahead. While, I want to get this over with. With both have the time for you to double-check.”

Annie agreed, “Yes. We do.”

Annie then used her voltage meter pen to check Megatron's internal systems, one more time.

(_)

Meanwhile, in the mansion's game room, Rock, Fabiola, Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira were sitting in cushioned chairs, around a circular table, while playing simple five card poker, with some plastic playing chips.

They were playing poker as a way to pass the time, until John returned.

They had been playing poker for the last few hours, right after they said goodbye, and good luck, to John, before he left.

At the moment, the chips still fairly evenly divided between the five adults at the table. With the dealer being the one that won the pot from the previous hand.

At the table, the three gender benders were currently women, and they wearing their battle outfits. Fabiola was were her black leather outfit. And Rock was wearing his black suit, with his cane.

Rock's cane was set against the table, beside his chair, to his right side.

Fabiola was sitting to to Rock's left, around the table. Then, to the green haired woman's left was Akira. On the other side of Akira was Natsuru. And between Natsuru and Rock was Ranma.

Everyone at the table noticed that as Fabiola held her playing cards with both hands, she was leaning slightly forward in her chair, as she propped herself up on the table by her elbows.

Akira held her cards to her chest, as she turned to Rock. She said, in a slightly cheerful tone of voice, “Rock. I am glad you are feeling up to this. After your collapsed yesterday, you had us all worried.”

Rock looked over at Akira, as he responded, “I was worried, as well. And I am happy to be up and around as well. Still, I feel like I am waiting for my executioner to inform me of our date together.”

Fabiola commented, “Being a woman is not that bad.”

Fabiola noticed that Rock was looking hard, directly her in the eyes. She then saw Rock look down and focus on her lower abdomen, then back up at her face again.

Fabiola sighed. She lowered her head, as she questioned, in a deflated tone of voice, “I am not hiding this well? Am I?”

Ranma said, in a calm, kind tone of voice, “It is pretty obvious that are you suffering from menstrual cramps. And yesterday, you made no secret to the rest of us about what you and Annie needed at the grocery store. Though, we all sincerely hope you two start feeling better.”

Fabiola looked back up, as she saw that Akira, Natsuru, and Rock were all nodding in agreement.

Fabiola smiled, as she replied, “Thanks. Still, sex as a woman can be really good. So, there are nice tradeoffs.”

The end of Fabiola's comment caught everyone's attention. With Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma slightly blushing, while Rock uncomfortably shifted in his seat.

Rock thought, 'I wonder who she lost her virginity to. Given her age, and how uptight she was when she came to Roanapur, looking for Roberta. I would have placed money she was still virgin at the time. Well, Garcia made it no secret about him liking older women. Along with Roberta being gone for a few years. And both of them are close to the same age, and they are young enough to be that foolish. I hope they used protection. Though, since Fabiola is not pregnant, that question is academic.'

Fabiola turned to Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru, as she inquired, “Taking into account the abilities you three have. I have been working of the nerve to ask. Given you clearly are intimate with each other as both men and women, what is it like to make love as a man? And which is it better to be during sex? Woman? Or man?”

Natsuru answered, for the three of them, “Good question. Both ways are different, but good. It depends on what you want out of it. And how you want to do it. Due to physical size, and equipment differences, between genders. Some positions favor women. Some positions favor men.”

Ranma offered, “Fabiola, if you really want to find out. After we all get out of this mess, I could get you some magic powder, in the form of packets of instant spring of drowned man. And you can find out the answer for yourself. Just add cool water with it and splash yourself. It will temporally make a man out you, until you splash yourself with hot water, returning you back to being a woman.”

Fabiola blushed at Ranma's forwardness with her offer.

Ranma continued, “Though, I suggest you use a condom, if you do that. You do not want to become a parent, as neither a woman, nor a man, at your age.”

Fabiola replied, “I fully agree.”

Akira turned to Rock, and she noticed how the discussion was depressing Rock. She offered, “Rock. If you want. I would be more than happy to sleep with you. One last fling as a man, before you take the dip. The girls won't mind.”

Rock saw that both Ranma and Natsuru nodded an affirmative.

Rock cracked a grin, as he let out a laugh. He said, “I would love too. Though, after collapsing yesterday, I don't think I would survive the experience. But, thank you. It is the thought that counts.”

Akira returned Rock's smiled, as she said, “On the other hand. After the change is complete. I would be more than willing to pop your cherry. I promise by the time I am finished, you will be screaming in ecstasy.”

Rock shifted uncomfortably in his chair, as he replied, “No thank you. I would prefer to save that for a special occasion.”

Rock's comment made the four women in the room giggle, for a few seconds.

As the giggled slowly died down, Fabiola commented, “I hope John is not captured.”

Akira turned to Fabiola, as she stated, “John has lot of experience in getting out of trouble. He was able to escape Hotel Moscow, yesterday. So, don't worry. He won't get captured. Hell, there is an off chance he might capture one of the girls. It would not be the first time for him.”

The others laughed at Akira's joke.

As everyone quieted down, Ranma said, “Fabiola, still has a point. Rock. If they don't go for this, should you want to live, you are going to have to surrender to them. I know you do not like that idea, but we can always come up with a rescue plan beforehand, and come get you after you have fully changed, and you are back to being healthy.”

Rock, “Yes. I know. But, the way things like that work. By the time you got to me, I would be so completely brainwashed, and you would have to fight me. Personally, I would find such a situation to be so cliché.”

Ranma stated, “I have some experience with brainwashing. And Annie said she broke her programing on her own. So, we know it would not be that hard to get you back on our side.”

From an indoor entrance to the game room, the five adults heard a masculine voice say, “I'm back.”

Everyone turned to see John.

Ranma cracked a grin, as she said, “Speak of the devil.”

Fabiola asked, “So, how did it go?”

John grinned, as he responded, “They went for it. All we got to do is call them, to set up the time and place to get one of those vats. There were some conditions, though.”

“Some changes have to be made to your mind and personality. It will take a month for the change to be complete. And during that month, we won't be able to move you while you change.”

“Though, since they are so interesting in getting you alive, and healthy, Rock. They are willing to call a temporary month long truce. Until the changes to your body are complete.”

“And Rock, after thinking about it, Rock, there will be some minor changes to your mind that I would agree with.”

Rock stated, “I think the truce will work. I know those on the other side well enough that I don't think they will break it. Chang can be very patient when he wants something. Chang wants me, and he won't do anything to mess up his plans.”

“With me being changed into a woman, and given that supersoldier serum, all that is left for him to do to me is capture and brainwash me. So, doing doing this will actually work towards his plans. Still, I don't have much choice in the matter. And this city is not that bad a place to have month long vacation at.”

Akira said, “I don't mind sticking around here. This is one of the more interesting American cities.”

Fabiola commented, “I have been meaning to do a little shopping. It is so hard to enjoy the simple things in life when we are on the run.”

The three other women in the room giggled.

As the giggles slowly stopped, Natsuru offered, “I would be more than happy to come shopping with you.”

Akira commented, “I will come, as well.”

Ranma said, “So, will I.”

Fabiola turned to the three lovers. She smiled at them, as she happily replied, “Thanks, guys.” She turned to John, as she inquired, in a playful tone of voice, “You know John. All this talk of gender changing, makes me wonder. What would you looked like as a woman? Or, how would you react to having your gender changed?”

John looked over at Fabiola, as he let out a small chuckle. He casually said, “Been there. Done that. Sweetheart. A few years ago. For me. For about a day, Me, Aeryn, and Rygel, kept swapping bodies. While, Dargo, Chiana and Pilot kept swapping bodies. It was interesting, to say the least. And yes. Rygel really is a gas bag.”

Akira commented, “Yea. You could say they were temporally out of their minds.”

Natsuru snickered, as Akira's joke.”

Fabiola turned to Akira, as she inquired, “I must have missed that episode. What was the titled of the episode?”

Natsuru answered, “Out of their minds.”

Fabiola deadpanned, “Oh. That is so unoriginal.”

Akira and Natsuru both snickered as Fabiola's comment.

Fabiola turned to John, as she questioned, “John. Let me guess. You had some personal fun, while in Aeryn's body.”

John answered, “No. I do not.”

Akira stated, “John was a perfect gentleman in Aeryn's body. Aeryn on the other, when she was in John's body...”

John signed, as he answered, “Let's just say, when we were all put back our original bodies, I had wash both myself, and my pants. And let's leave it at that.”

Fabiola burst out laughing for a few seconds.

As Fabiola calmed down, she said, “I really needed that. I feel better now.”

John replied, “Glad to hear it, darling.”

Rock looked over at the four women, as he stated, “Yes. Let's leave it at that. As fun as your plans are. I still need to finish knowing what I am getting into.”

Rock turned back to John, as he hesitantly inquired, “Now, to the most important matter about this. My mind. I am afraid to ask, but what changes are they talking about doing to my mind?”

John looked over at Rock, as he answered, “The changes to you mind and personality will make you more conformable with your new gender. And you will programmed to be bi-sexual. The reasons for the first mental change is obvious. The second mental change makes sense if you think about it. It will allow you to be able to deal with memories of you old relationships, while you will also be able to continue those relationships, after you have had your gender changed.”

Rock calmly stated, “I can live with both changes to my personality.” Rock mentally added, 'Considering, I still want to be with the woman I love.'

Fabiola asked, “So, where should be meet up? And at what time?”

Natsuru said, “Akira, Ranma, and I went walking this morning. And we made our way through a beautiful, nearby park. It is mostly an open field, with few trees, allowing for us to see if they try to pull anything. Also, I would suggest we meet them after dark.”

John pointed out, “Also, transporting of the vat is going to be an issue. Unless you want Megatron to walk through the streets in robot mode, while carrying it.”

Fabiola recommended, “We can get a moving van, with a high ceiling. I remember how tall those things are, so that should work. I will go rent one as soon as we finish talking. I need to do something to take my mind off of my more personal problems.”

Rock commented, “All that is left, after we get ready, is to call them. So, who is going to dial the burner phone we gave them.”

Akira volunteered, “Rock, you are to close to this for you to call. I will call, Revy. She and the girls know me. I have lived with them long enough to hear in their voices, if they are planning to try something.”

Rock stated, “Alright. We will set the meeting for eleven tonight. That is late enough, no one should be using the park. But, not too late to notice traffic and movement around the park. John, go to the garage and tell Annie with Megatron our plans.”

“Ranma, after Fabiola finds a decent truck rental company, escort her there. Akira, start thinking about what you want to say to Revy. Natsuru, please help me to the kitchen. I am kinda hungry for some lunch. The one thing I am looking forward to after being changed is that I will be able to fully take care of myself, again. Without my cane.”

The group them set down their cards, got up from the table, and carried out their orders.

(_)

Later that night, the Hell Sabers waited for the phone call from the burner phone. Once Akira called them, and set up the meeting place, the Hell Sabers reality jumped to Chang's Tower, picked of the vat. They, they reality jumped to a park in San Francisco, that they were informed about.

On a nearby street, they saw a chrome car, and large moving van.

Fabiola got out of the moving van she had rented earlier that day. And she walked around back of the van, and opened the back doors.

Annie, Ranma, and Natsuru got out of the chrome car. After doing so, the chrome car transformed into Megatron.

John and Akira had elected to stay with Rock at the mansion, to make sure he would be okay.

As they walked up to the Hell Sabers, no words need to be exchanged.

The Hell Sabers walked away from them and the vat. The women then turned to face the members of Rock's group.

Revy waved at them, and she then used her reality device to teleport herself and the rest of the Hell Sabers away.

As the other present looked more closely at the large cylinder vat, filled with green goo, they saw a booklet on top of the base controls.

Annie grabbed the booklet and started reading it.

At the same time, Megatron scanned the vat, and confirmed there were no tracking devices on it, he gently picked it up. He then walked over to the back of the van, and he softly lowered into the back of the moving van.

After making sure the vat would not move around, Fabiola then closed the back doors to the moving van.

Megatron then transformed into his car mode. Annie, Ranma, and Natsuru got into Megatron's car mode, while Fabiola go into the driver's seat of the very.

Fabiola then slowly, and carefully drove the van back to the mansion, while Megatron and the others with her, followed right behind her van.

An hour later, the vat was safely installed in the garage of the mansion Rock and his group were using.

An hour later, at one AM, Megatron had gone over every line of programing code the computers at the base of the vat had. He had confirmed, except for the brainwashing programs Revy stated were needed, no other programming controls for Rock were included.

Now, all that was needed was for Rock to use the vat.

They decided to wait until after they all got some sleep, before Rock would take the dip.

(_)

The next morning, Rock awoke from his bed, the second story bedroom, the others had given him.

The sunlight from the window in his room provided plenty of light for him to see his surroundings.

Rock got up from bed, and he got dressed, in some casual. He was wearing a shirt, pants, and shoes, that he had bought, when all of them went on a shopping trip, when his team first came to this reality. After they found the mansion. They all needed some spare clothing. And they went and bought some. Along with some new luggage, and other items.

Rock left his small sonic shotgun, with his spring-loaded gamblers' rig wrist attachments, on his bed. He then used his cane, that he had placed by his bed, to make it to a nearby bathroom.

When he reached the toilet, he raised the seat, unzipped his fly and relieved himself.

As he did so, he looked down at himself. He thought, 'I am really going to miss being able to do this standing up.'

When Rock got finished, he zipped up his fly, lowered the seat, flushed the toilet, washed his hands, and dried his hands.

It took him five minutes to slowly, with his cane in one hand, and his other hand on the railing, to safely get down the stairs.

Rock was heading to the dinning room, where he was sure that everyone was currently as they all ate their breakfast.

As Rock walked in dining room, he saw the other six adults at the table, had turned to look at him.

Rock leaned on his cane, with his right hand, as he stood at the door entrance.

All of those at the table were casually dressed.

At the moment, Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira were women.

Fabiola said, “You should have called us. We would have helped you down the stairs.”

Rock stated, “I decided I could do it myself. So, how are you doing this morning.”

John replied, “Fine.”

Fabiola stated, “Good. All things considered.”

Annie replied, “About the same as Fabiola.”

Akira said, “I slept well.”

Natsuru replied, “So did I.”

Ranma stated, “I got in late. But, I have had worse lack of sleep.”

Ranma then got up from her chair, and over walked to Rock.

Ranma pulled out something from her pocket, and she handed it to Rock.

Rock took it in his palm of his left hand. Rock saw that it was a pill.

Ranma explained, “That is a powerful sedative. Take it after breakfast. You should be asleep within twenty minutes. Maybe less. And do not ask where the pill came from.”

Rock pocketed the pills, as he looked at Ranma's face. He replied, “Thank you.”

After Ranma helped Rock to a table chair, and Ranma returned to her seat, between Akira and Natsuru.

Rock took look around the table at what everyone was eating.

Ranma was having miso soup and some rice.

Akira, Natsuru, and Fabiola were having cereal with milk.

Annie was eating two fried eggs, and some toast. John looked to have been eating the same thing, but he was nearly finished.

Fabiola and Annie were drinking chocolate milk. John was having glass of orange juice. Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru were each having a glass of regular milk.

Fabiola politely asked, “So, what do you want for breakfast?”

Rock answered, “I would like two scrambled eggs, some toast, and a glass of orange juice. But, I can wait until you all are finish.”

John said, “No need. I am almost finished, anyway. I will fix you some breakfast, Rock.”

John got up from his chair, and he went to the kitchen. Ten minutes later, he brought out a plate of food, utensils, a paper cloth napkin, and a glass of orange juice.

John then sat back down at his place at the table.

Rock found eating his breakfast that morning to be a quiet affair. Everyone knew what was about to happen to him, and they didn't want to think about it. They also had the manners not to bring it up the subject, nor talk about anything that would ruin the mood.

Rock thought, as he finished his breakfast, 'Everyone is treating this as if I am going to my execution. Even I am. And in a way, I am. It is not like it is my life that I am losing. Only my manhood.'

Rock then pulled out the sedative pill from his pocket.

Rock looked at it for a minute. He thought, 'This is it. No backing out now.'

Everyone stopped what they were doing, as watched as Rock took the pill, but it in his mouth. Next, he used the last of his orange juice to wash it down his throat.

Rock then got up, as he grabbed his cane. He said, “I am heading for the garage. If something goes wrong, I wish you the best of luck. And goodbye.”

As he began walking out of the room, Akira got up, as she stated, “I will go with you.”

Akira walked up to stand beside Rock. She then helped Rock make it through the home, at Rock's slow pace.

A minute later, as they made it out of the dining room, and down a large hallway, Akira said, “The rest of us talked about it last night. Given we have a past together. The others, and I, decided that I should be the one to take care of you. Both, helping you into the vat, with Megatron's help. And getting you out. ”

Rock smiled, as he replied, “I appreciate that.”

Akira promised, “As soon as we figure out what your measurements are, in your new form. We will get you some clothing. And I promise none of it will be frilly. It will be the type of clothing you can live with.”

Rock responded, in a kind tone of voice, “Thank you, Akira. I want to let you know, that time on the beach with you, Revy, and I was one of the best experiences in my life. You were fun as girl. And as a guy, I think Revy liked it when you took the back and took I the front, of her. Though, I suspect she would have preferred to be the one giving it up the ass. But, I think she still did enjoy it, too.”

Akira stated, “I agree with you completely. It was a great time. And Revy does have an ass fetish. I don't even want to think about what it would be like for you, if Revy could become a guy.”

Rock replied, “You want the truth.”

Akira said, “Sure.”

Rock commented, “Neither, do I.”

Both of them began laughing, as they made their way to the garage.

(_)

Ten minutes later, they made it to the indoor garage.

Both of them walked up to the vat, can they came to a stop, beside each other.

Rock noticed the florescent lighting was turned off near the vat. Only the lighting on the far wall was on. Allowing for the area around the vat to feel like it was in the shadows of twilight.

Rock commented, “This is good sleeping illumination. Just enough to see, but still rest.”

Akira replied, “I agree.”

Rock said, “I can already feel the effects of the sedative. It won't be long, now.”

Akira suggested, “Then relax. There is no point to getting worked up over it, now.”

Rock replied, “You're right.”

Rock then saw Megatron walking toward them from the darkness.

As Megatron came to a stop by them, he stated, “I will help get you in, and get you out. Also, I will monitor you vitals during the entire process. You are one of the few humans that I respect. And I want you to continue living. Even as a weaker life form.”

Rock replied, “Thank you.”

Megatron the took a few steps back, to allow Rock and Akira some privacy.

Rock then walked to the side of the vat, and sat down. Allowing himself to lean his back around the large base of the vat. He set his cane to the the left of himself.

As Akira sat down beside him, to Rock's right, only inches from Rock. She said, “I know this is not the most conformable subject. But, it needs to be said.”

“After you pass out. I will take off you clothes and with Megatron's help, we will put all the plugs, wires, and mask on you, before we gently lowering you in. I will wash your clothes and put them up. In case you want to wear them again. Even if they do not fit. I know Ranma and Natsuru sometimes do that with some of their favorite clothing. I don't, usually. But, whatever makes them happy.”

Rock commented, casual tone of voice, “It's alright. Clothes are just clothes. I can get more, if I want.”

Akira looked over at Rock, and she saw he was on the verge of tears.

Rock complained, “I really don't want to do this. But, I cannot think of any other way to get out of this alive. And I am such a brilliant man. I should be able to find another way out.”

Akira said, in a comforting tone of voice, “I know. But, we all have our limits. You can only work with what you have. And it is not your fault you could not find another way. Chang put you into this situation. You are not doing this to yourself. You are doing what all people want to do. To continue living. All I can say is that it will not be that bad. We have taken into account of everything. And I know how you feel.”

Rock snapped, “But, you can still change back into a guy.”

Akira quietly stated, “Changing into a guy, and being a guy, are two completely different things.”

Akira comment caught Rock off guard. He looked over at Akira, as he inquired, “What do you mean?”

Akira said, “I was born a man. Years ago, an accident let me turn into a woman and back into a man, just by sneezing. At first I thought it was fun and games. But, then I got burned and went back to just being man for a few years.”

“It was during this time that I learned some rules to gender bending. I tried to bend those rules, but found that I could not. And then, I ended up being forced to live as a woman, for the most part, for a number of years, while I was with you guys.”

“I want you to understand. I enjoyed my time with you guys, but when I got to Roanapur, what happened there robbed me of much of my sanity. Though, I have reclaimed much of it. Though, my experiences there also robbed me of much of my manhood in here.”

Akira pointed with her right index finger at the right side of her forehead. She then lowered her hand back to the ground.

Rock quietly said, “I didn't know.”

Akira responded, “I know. It is not something the three of us talk about to others. Though, I got much of my sanity back. I did not get my manhood back. I have learn those of us, like Ranma, Natsuru, and I, when we change into women, the change is complete. Down to the hardwiring of the brain. As female, our gender identity in our brains are female. We look down at our bodies as female and we like what we see, in a none sexual way... We didn't fully realize it until the three of us talked about it.”

“You see. Human souls. Human personalities. We are social creatures. It is our very nature. And because of this, we humans usually gravitate to the more calmer environments. To where we can have closer emotion ties to each other. The three of us found that women naturally are more social and more calmer. That is just biology.”

“Though, while changing into men, changes the hardwiring in our brains back to male. To where we are comfortable being men. We prefer to be women.”

“And the slide from manhood to womanhood for us was so gradual that none of us realized it was happening to us until long after we had become mentally women.”

“For me, this happened in Roanapur. The final push for Ranma. And she fought to keep her manhood long than either Natsuru or I, was when she met Coop of the Megas XLR reality, and allowed herself to become a party girl. Along with becoming Coop's girlfriend.”

“For the record, Ranma has said nothing but good things about Coop. He treated her right. That big guy is all heart. I think if she was never rescued from that reality, Coop would have taken good care of her for the remainder of their lives. And she would have been happy with that life.”

“And Natsuru was like this before we met. She told me that in all honesty, thought she was born a man, she was never really manly. Natsuru was even was forced into a situation where she had to live physically at guy for a few years. Still, the moment she could turned back into a woman, and stay a woman for the most part, she did.”

“So, while I can physically change into a man, I cannot mentally change back into a man. And neither can Ranma, and Natsuru.”

“Now, do not get me wrong. All three of us love doing it as a guy, and we sometimes love going out as men, but we prefer to live as women.”

Rock started to get groggy, as he slurred his speech, “I will... keep your secret.”

Akira smiled, as she replied, “I know you will. And I am sure Megatron here will, as well.”

Akira looked over at Megatron. He simply nodded an affirmative.

Akira turned back to Rock, as she commented, “I also know you are fine with becoming a bi-sexual, because you want to be with Revy. Personally, I think you still have a chance with her, even as a women.”

Rock slumped to his right side, to rested his head on Akira's left shoulder. Rock's words became even more slurred, as he said, “Thanks... I... Just... Wish... I... Had... More... Time.. To... Be... A... Man...”

Akira noticed that Rock finally fell asleep.

Akira quietly said to the now sleeping Rock, “Sleep tight. I hope you feel better after you wake up.”

Akira and Megatron then began prepping Rock and the vat for processing him into a her. This did not take very long.

When they were done, Akira took a look at the Rock, floating in the vat, while nude, with a mask over his face.

Akira said, “Rest well, sleeping beauty.”

Akira then collected Rock's clothes, and cane, as she left the garage, for the dining room, to inform the others that Rock was now in the vat.

Meanwhile, Megatron silently walked way from Rock, as he sat down, while he monitored, and stood guard, over Rock's sleeping for.

To Be Continued.

(_)

Author's Notes:

By now, you all should have realized where I was heading for Rock. And while it took a while, the deed is finally done. She wakes up in the next chapter.

And I really enjoyed writing the serious discussion, in the bedroom, between Rock, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma. It was good drama. That did not spare any details. Very sober, but very good. With none of that scene being played for laughs.

On the last part of the chapter. I wanted to show how that if the brain of a gender bender completely changes, then one's identity can slowly change, as well. And I mean, can. Not, would.

It just so happens that this is the case for Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma, because they did not realize this, until it was too late for them.

Also, this is not like transgender people, in real life, whose inborn, gender identities, found in their brains, remain the same, due to hardwiring of the brain.

For a gender bender, it is a completely change. Including, the hardwiring of the gender bender's brains.

And Akira also told Rock this to help him feel better, right before he passed out and took the plunge.

(_)

I like how the platonic friendship between Annie and Megatron has developed. Their friendship seems natural. Given their pasts. Both were driven down dark paths, and they had lost a lot, do to that. As such, they have a few things in common.

(_)

Let's be honest. John is at is best when he is a genius, badass ham.

So, I figured I would not only dial the badass, but the ham, as well, with him.

Though, John is very intelligent and sharp. He realized, from the way Scorpius was talking to him, that Chang was using time dilation against them. Still, Rock already realized this.

The way I am writing John, is that he is either funny, awesome, or both. And that is John, in a nutshell.

And I needed a character to lighten up this otherwise dark part of my anthology. And John is that character.

As such, since seen the entire Farscape series, and the Peacekeeper Wars mini-series, I have always thought of John as a walking, talking, cosmic monkey, with a wonderfully ability to cause havoc just by talking.

Such as him informing the members of Hotel Moscow about the truth.

And there is some logic to John's insults towards Balalaika, and Hotel Moscow. When is called Balalaika the Wicked Witch of the West, and Hotel Moscow, her flying monkeys.

Balalaika, and Hotel Moscow, are veterans of the Soviet airforce.

Also, John has a Wizard of Oz motif going. At the end of the Farscape season four episode, Unrealized Reality, John stated he considers himself to be, Dorothy Gale. One of the characters form the Wizard of Oz. Strangely, he is not that far from the truth.

John could have gone the Alice in Wonderland route. But, the Dorothy comparison works.

Either way, the Farscape series had some really wicked cliffhangers. And the way the cliffhangers were resolved was interesting as well.

Now, to the chili-dog joke, goes always the way back to nineteen ninety nine, when the Sci-fi Channel website put up a Farscape website. In the, “John's mission logs”, John mentioned that he missed having chili-dogs.

So, over a decade and a half later, our time, much less time for John, I arranged for him to finally have as many chili-dogs as he wants.

And that scene gave me a change to show how much of a funny ham, John could be.

I hope, you found the, love affair with this chili-dog, line just as funny as I did.

And yes. Revy is only half as scary as Aeryn, John's wife, can be.

Also, I think that pistol under the table, with the, Han shot first type of hero, line worked for that scene.

As such, when John is one the ball. He is on the ball.

(_)

Why did I change Scorpius' gender? For a number of reasons that deal with the plot of my story. But, that is later. Though, Scorpius is now in a healthy female body. And she no longer has any of her problems. And she does not have that coolant system in her hand.

And I have no doubt, that Scorpius would willingly become a woman, if it meant becoming healthy.

Though, Scorpius, still has her other abilities and strengths. Just none of the weaknesses she previously had. Though, I guess, as a Sebacean, she does have a problem with heat. Still, she can still probably tolerate the heat more than other Sebaceans, do to her mental discipline.

(_)

In my story, I fully believe that the only reason men of Hotel Moscow were helping Chang, was that they were intentionally left in the dark, and they were loyal to Balalaika.

Now, these men of Hotel Moscow have learned the group, and they will have to make some choices, as well.

I really enjoyed writing that meeting scene with the members of Hotel Moscow. The dialogue in it just fell into play. With them learns some much, just by openly talking, amongst themselves, about what was going on.

Also, the reason Boris was the last in the loop, for the meeting of the other men of Hotel Moscow, was for me to show that the members were not idiots. And they were intelligent, and willing to look into the situation, themselves. And be secretive, as well.

Though, also, with Boris being the second in command of Hotel Moscow, with Balalaika's judgment in question. It would make sense the other members of Hotel Moscow would look to Boris for leadership, and guidance.

(_)

And on Boris, and those pills he takes. Let's just say I have plans, within plans, for Boris. But, that will not be for a while.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
40 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos