No Ticket

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

No Ticket

By

Gwen Brown
Actually posted on Facebook

To: PORTLAND, OREGON PEOPLE!

The Morrison Bridge, all of it, is now 25 MPH!

While crossing the Morrison Bridge, I got pulled over by a totally HOT male cop driving an ATV with all the lights and sirens, who I thought said "I'm going to write you a ticket". I asked him if he expected me to believe that ATV he was driving was a police car?", and not in a respectful manner.

He told me that it was a legal patrol vehicle. “What?” I intelligently asked. So, resigned to the idea of getting a ticket, I reached for my purse. He said, "Mam I am not writing you a ticket". WHAT!?! I thought he said he was writing me a ticket? I was so concerned because it has been years since I got a ticket and worried that perhaps I had been going way over the 35 MPH, I thought it was posted.

So, immediately tearful, I said, "I am sorry" from sassy me. Deeply imbedded in my twisted psyche, I expected him to drag me out of my car and spank me. Feeling so shaken, I couldn’t compose myself enough to feel comfortable driving. A good cry and some calming down is what I needed. Then he said, “Take all the time you need mam.” His kindness further shattered me but in a minute or two of wiping my eyes and breathing deeply, amid hiccups, I was ready. He even blocked traffic to help me get back on the road. What an afternoon! Sigh.

No he is not taking me to dinner.

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

25mph isn't a speed.

25mph isn't a speed.
It's a situation you go through while accelerating to a proper rate of travel or while you come to a halt.
Police should be made to ride bicycles whilst on speed patrol.

Ms Snotty

I am surprised that my being so snotty did not have me laying on the hood of my car actually.

Gwen

Hi Gwen,

Hi Gwen,
A good thing to know, as I will be driving through Portland the last of May heading to Tacoma, WA.
I LOVE Portland as a city and a place to visit. Used to go to the Rose City every month or so, just to shop at Lloyd Center and to do some ice skating.
Also went to my first Gender Doctor there, a man named Ira B. Pauly.
He later moved to the Univ of Reno, NV, and I do not know if he is still practicing or not.
Regarding the no ticket by the patrolman, my very best (retired law enforcement) professional guess is that the entire bridge now being posted at 25 mph, is NEW and there is presently a "time to get used to it" in play. This was most likely announced in a local newspaper or on TV/Radio, but also very possibly not too often or enough times.
So they will only stop someone and warn them IF they were actually doing the old speed limit (35).
IF they were above 35, then a ticket could very well be in the offing.
After a certain period of time, say until June or July 1st, or whatever month has been decided on, then tickets will become the standard fare once more.
This actually happens quite a lot in location with heavy traffic where posted speed limits have been reduced.
Hope all is well out there in the great Pacific Northwest for you and yours.
Cheers and lots of hugs coming your way, Janice

Driving through?

If you'd like to have a cuppa somewhere as you pass through, or need a place to crash over night ... Just saying. I think we talked about meeting up for lunch when I was living in Ohio, perhaps.

ATV = All-Terrain-Vehicle

Rhona McCloud's picture

Being a British 'whatever gets me from here to there' sort of driver I had to look up ATV to understand the details of your 'moment' Gwen. The full technique I call LPCWEG = Lips Pout Chin Wobbles Eyes Glisten.

Rhona McCloud

4 wheeler straddle type ATV

These police were on what you would see as 4 wheel motorcycles.

Gwen

ATV

Different languages again. We call those things quad bikes. Around here only rural types use them.

To us an ATV would often have tracks or balloon tyres.

Penny

officer pretty!

Remember the episode of friends where Rachel gets off a ticket by flirting and then Ross has to try the same, I dont like the program but this episode was so funny! In the UK you tend to get issued by a robotic camera and then have to go on an incredibly boring four hour "course" if its your first offence within three years! I would much prefer to go over the Bonnet(Hood) of the car

In southeast Wisconsin

it doesn't matter whether or not the speed was just reduced, the police issue tickets like water from a faucet. But, there are some officers who will give a person a break and just warn them, telling them the next time he will give them a ticket. Telling the motorist to slow it down in posted speed limits, the officer will leave. This little ditty should serve to warn everybody to be aware of posted speed limits, no matter where they are posted. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & Hugs,

Barbara Lynn Terry

"If I have to be this girl in me, then I have the right to be."

35 MPH!!!!!

Are you a speed freak or summat ? LOLOL

bev_1.jpg

Okay...so...

My departed and I went for a trip to Santa Fe. We arrived in Albuquerque and immediately went to the car rental company to get our Jeep...or something like that. Anyway, we're at the counter filling out forms and I happened to ask what the speed limit was. They laughed at me and said..."What's a speed limit!" Truth is def stranger than fiction.

May Your Words Ever Flow...

Kelly

PKB_003b.jpg

Country cousins

I picked up my first speeding fine in the deep deep Suffolk countryside; letter arrived in the post five days later; camera gunned me down; £100 fine and points endorsed on licence.....or go on a "course". Shit! Took the course!
Run by evidently lesbian lady, a former driving instructor...... (Evident by the way she sucked up to the female offenders!) Wished I gone dressed and tried to seduce her - would have made the four hours go quicker!