Sara, Becka, and me. - Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 

 

Sara, Becka, and me.
by Teddie S.

 

Chapter V
The First Week
Monday - A dress and more

 

My ears are pierced. I now own more girls’ clothes. And, have a supply of makeup that will last me a year. Then Becka met her father and Sara’s father. It was scarey to start with. But, I was surprised that they accepted me, and why I was doing it. What more can happen?

Monday started out crazy and got crazier. A little after ten we, Mrs. Monroe, Linda, Sara, I, headed for the dress shop where they’d purchased not only Linda’s bridal gown, but all of the brides maids dresses. And, as I should have guessed it was a high end store.

As we walked into the bridal shop, I was carrying a bag containing the shoes that I’d be wearing for the wedding. A woman greeted Mrs. Monroe and Linda very warmly. Then Mrs. Monroe introduced me to Mrs. Shelby. Then she explained to the woman, that one of the original bride’s maids had backed out at the last minute, and that I was the replacement.

Mrs. Shelby was surprised about one of the bride’s maids backing out of such a big wedding, and also said it was much too late to order another dress. Mrs. Monroe explained to her that the bride’s maid had been tall, almost as tall as I was. And, hopefully her dress would fit me with only minor alterations. And, that money was no object.

Mrs. Shelby said, “Lets go to a dressing room, we’ll take some measurements, then I’ll get the dress, and we’ll see.”

The four of us followed Mrs. Shelby back to one of the dressing rooms. This dressing room was like nothing I’ve ever seen. To start with, it was big, with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and a raised platform in the middle. The walls were covered drapes. There were couches along the walls. And, it was nicely carpeted.

“Okay my dear.”, Mrs. Shelby said to me, “Stand up on the platform, and let me take some measurements.”

I did as she asked, and she started at the top, and worked her way down. When she reached my waist, she looked up at me, stood up, looked at Mrs. Monroe, and yelled, “What are you trying to pull! This is a boy. I don’t dress boys in clothes meant for a girl.”

Mrs. Monroe stood up, glared at Mrs. Shelby, and yelled, “We have spent a small fortune here. And, we’ve come to you for help.”

Pointing at me, Mrs. Shelby yelled, “This is a boy. Why does he need a dress.”

I wanted to run out of there, but I was frozen. Frozen there crying.

Mrs. Monroe, then yelled back, “Yes. She’s a boy. A wonderful boy that wants to help my daughter have a perfect wedding.”

Just then, Linda, almost in tears, stood up, and yelled, “Stop! Just stop! Both of you stop right now!”

The two battling women looked at her, then Linda said, “Mother. Tell Mrs. Shelby about this whole thing. And, Mrs. Shelby, please listen to my mother. Then if you won’t help us, we’ll just leave.”

Mrs. Monroe looked at Mrs. Shelby, and said, “I’m sorry I got angry. But, this has been a very stressful time with what’s happened.” And, she went on to explain to Mrs. Shelby everything that had happened.

I was finally able move, I got down off the platform, and sat with Sara. She held me, and wiped away my tears.

When Mrs. Monroe finished explaining, Mrs. Shelby looked at me, and said, “Honey. I am sorry I did what I did. And, what you’re doing for the bride is both strange and wonderful. And, if you’ll allow me I’d like to finish my measurements, and see what we can do with the dress.”

I sat there and looked at her for a minute, then asked, “How did you know?”

“Honey. I was very close to you, I noticed your breast forms, but didn’t think too much about them. But, your waist is thicker than a girls. And, there were just other small things. But, honey, you make a very pretty girl. And, unless someone is very close to you, and knows the female figure as well as I do, they would never know. You even walk like a girl.

“And, Becka is it, lets see if this dress will work for you. Please back up on the platform.”

I slowly got up, and back onto the platform. Mrs. Shelby continued taking her measurements. When she was done, she said, “I’ll be right back with the dress.”

After Mrs. Shelby had left, Mrs. Monroe said, “Becka. Honey. I’m so sorry that this happened.”

“Mrs. Monroe.”, I said, “It’s all right. I’m very surprised that no one else has seen who I really am. And, it could have been worse.”

Mrs. Shelby was back shortly with a very pretty gown. She told me that is was a one shoulder satin dress with an asymmetrical floor length skirt in teal, and that it was very form fitting. Then she said, “I’m a little worried about the waist. But, if it isn’t too bad, we can fix it. Did you bring your shoes.”

“Yes ma’am.”, I said, “I’m still learning to walk in them.”

“You know. You even sound like a girl.”

“Thank you. We’ve been working on that too.”

“Well we need to see how this dress fits, and what we need to do. So, if you don’t mind, would you please remove your blouse and jeans.”

I looked over at Mrs. Monroe, Linda, and Sara. And, Sara smiled at me, and just nodded yes. I slowly started to unbutton my blouse, when Mrs. Shelby said, “If you’d be more comfortable. We could go to a changing room.”

“No. No.”, I replied, “It’ll be fine.”

I removed my clothes, and Mrs. Shelby helped me step into the dress. Then she had Sara bring my shoes over, and they helped me put them on. Sara stayed with me, since I was still a little wobbly in the shoes.

Mrs. Shelby then attempted to zip the dress up, but couldn’t. And she said, “This is what I was afraid of. Your waist is too thick. And, there isn’t enough material to let it out. The padded panty works for the hips, and her bust is good.”

I asked, “What can we do?”

“Have you ever worn a corset?”

“No ma’am. A waist cincher, but never a corset.”

“A waist cincher won’t work. I’m afraid that a corset might be the only way. And, with the one shoulder design, your bra can’t have straps, and that may be a problem with your forms. But, the correct corset might just do the trick.”

“The forms can be attached.”

“I see. Hmm. You know. Maybe. Just maybe. Let me make a call.”

Mrs. Shelby walked out of the room, and Sara said, “Brooke. Honey. That dress looks fantastic on you.”

“It does.”, Linda added.

“And, with those shoes on, you are one tall drink of water.”, Mrs. Monroe said.

I grinned. Then Mrs. Monroe asked, “Becka. Are you all right?”

“I’m fine.”, I replied, “It upset me for a while, but I’m fine now.”

A few minutes later Mrs. Shelby was back, and said, “Becka. Would you be willing to try a corset?”

I looked at Sara, and said, “I guess. It couldn’t hurt to try it. But, it’s really up to Mrs. Monroe.”

Mrs. Monroe said, “Yes. We’ll try the corset.”

Then Mrs. Shelby said, “If it works, you would have to wear it whenever you wear the dress.”

I sighed, and said, “I know.”

Handing a piece of paper to Mrs. Monroe, Mrs Shelby said, “This shop is a very good foundation shop. They carry corsets, and if time permitted they could order a custom one. But, I gave them Becka’s measurements, and told them that we need to take four inches off of her waist and have something with a built in bra without straps. They said, that they just may have something in stock that will work. And, that four inches isn’t hard, but getting used to it a short time may be.”

“Four inches!”, I said.

“Yes. It’s doable. But, wearing the corset for the wedding and reception will take some getting used to.”

I looked at Mrs. Monroe, then Linda. Both of them were looking at me questioningly. I looked at Sara, she was giving me her sweet coy smile.

“I’ll try it.”, I said.

“Becka. Are you sure?”, Mrs. Monroe said.

“Mrs. Monroe, we’ve come this far. It’s for Linda. So, I’m willing to try.”

“Honey.”, Mrs. Shelby said, “If you do this, and can get down four inches in your waist, and be comfortable. Come back and see me, and we’ll check the dress.”

“Yes ma’am. I’ll be back.”

Shortly the four of us were pulling into a small strip plaza, and the biggest store was the foundation shop. Just looking at what was in the front window of the store had me wondering. When we walked in, a woman clerk came up to us, and asked, “Are you the ladies that Mrs. Shelby sent over.”

Mrs. Monroe said, “Yes we are.”

“Good. I’m Gretchen, the owner. Who is it that’s looking for the corset?”

I just held my hand up.

As she looked at me, she appeared puzzled, then she said, “My dear. Mrs. Shelby said that you were a boy. . . . You can’t be a boy.”

I quietly said, “I am.”

“Well. If you are. Mrs. Shelby said that we needed to take four inches off of your waist so that you can wear a bride’s maid dress. And, I think we maybe able to help you. I wish you had more than two weeks to get used to a corset. But, we’ll do what we can. Come with me.”

We followed her deeper into the store, and to a room that had nothing but very pretty corsets in it. Then Gretchen said, “Since you are so young, we won’t go with anything sexy. We actually have a very nice bridal corset. It’s heavily boned, made out of white satin, laces up the back, has six garters, and is an overbust corset. And, I think I have the size you need. She said that you have a thirty inch waist and need to be a twenty-six.”

She took a corset off a shelf, and showed it to us. And, said, “This corset could take you down to twenty-two inches, but you don’t have to tighten it that tight. Would you like to try it?”

I looked at Mrs. Monroe, and she asked me, “What do you think Becka?”

“It’s very pretty. It’s worth a try.”

Gretchen smiled, and said, “Come with me my dear. There isn’t room for more than the two of us in the changing room, so the rest of you feel free to look around.”

I followed the lady to the back of store and into a changing room. Gretchen then said, “Okay honey. You’ll need to undress down to your panties.”

I was about ready to panic, and I guess it showed on my face. Because Gretchen then said, “Honey. Don’t worry. Remember, Mrs. Shelby told me you were a boy, and that you had breast forms. Don’t worry we have men in here all the time.”

“You have men in here all the time?”, I asked.

“Oh yes. There a lot of men that like the feel of a good corset.”

I slowly undressed, and of course when I remove my bra, the forms came off with it. Then Gretchen shocked me when she said, “Honey. You should consider getting implants. It would be a lot better.”

That shocked me. And, I couldn’t think of anything to say.

She then showed me how to put the corset on. She unfastened what she called the busk, which was a set of what looked like metal loops and small posts, on opposite sides down the front of the corset. Then she loosened the ties at the back of the corset, took the corset, wrapped it around me, and fastened the busk. Then she adjusted it, so that it sat as it should on my body. She commented, that a man’s body is different than that of a women’s, and the corset will sit differently, and that a custom made corset would work better.

Gretchen then walked behind me and started tightening the laces. She started at the top and worked to the middle, then went to the bottom and worked to the middle. She kept working the laces, getting it tighter and tighter, and telling me what she was doing. It was getting tighter, but not bad.

Finally she stopped tightening it and tied off the laces. Then she measured my waist, and told me that she’d taken it in about two inches from my normal waist size. And, was going to stop there to allow me to get used to it, and let the other ladies see. I put my breast forms back in, and we went out on the sales floor, and found the others.

Sara saw me first, and said, “Becka, that is so cute. How does it feel?”

“Not bad.”, I replied, “But it’s not very tight yet.”

The other two walked over, and just loved the look. Mrs. Monroe said, “Becka. What do you think?”

“I kind of like it. It’s like a constant hug.”

Then looking at Gretchen, Mrs. Monroe asked, “So, this will work for her?”

“Yes.”, Gretchen said, “She’s down to about a twenty-eight inch waist, and it’s not that tight.”

“Well take it.”

“I think she’ll be very happy with it.” Then looking at me, Gretchen asked, “Honey. Are you going to be lacing yourself, or is someone going to help you?”

“Ah.”, I said, “Hopefully someone will help me.”

“I will.”, Sara said.

“Fine.”, Gretchen said, “Then let me show you the proper way to tighten a corset, and we’ll see if we can get her waist down to twenty-six inches.”

Gretchen had me turn around, and showed Sara how she had tied off the lacings. Then she had me raise my hands above my head, and said, “Having her raise her hands over her head makes it easier to tighten the lacings.”

Then she showed Sara how to tighten the lacings, starting at the top, and working to the middle, then working from the bottom towards the middle. Then she had Sara try it, and it felt as if she had gotten the idea, because I could feel the corset getting tighter and tighter. Finally she had Sara tie off the lacings.

I lowered my arms, and said, “That’s really tight. And, it’s hard to breath.”

“Just relax and it’ll get better.” Gretchen said,” And, breath using your chest.”

Then taking her tape measure, she measured my waist, and said, “Twenty-five inches. And, we didn’t even over tighten it. I think that Mrs. Shelby will be happy.”

Gretchen also told us how to care for the corset, and properly break it in. Plus, she told us that we should get a corset liner to help protect the corset when it was worn.

Then she said, “Lets go back to the dressing room, and we’ll get you out of the corset.”

I looked at Mrs. Monroe, and asked, “I thought we were going to go back and see Mrs. Shelby?”

“You really want to do that today Becka?”, Mrs. Monroe asked me.

“I figured that I have the corset on, and it doesn’t feel too bad. And, we’re out.”

“Sure honey.”

Sitting in the car was interesting, I had to sit very straight.

Then I thought about what Gretchen had said. Finally I said, “Why do people think that I’m going to do this all the time?”

“All the time?”, Sara asked.

“Gretchen. When we were back in the dressing room, and I was undressing. She saw my forms and said that I should get implants. And, Tammie, the girl at Ulta, said I should get electrolysis.”

Mrs. Monroe said, “You’re kidding me!”

“No. They did. Maybe they thought that I was living full time as a girl.”

“I guess.”

“Maybe it’s because you’re so pretty.”, Sara said, “And, they figured that you should be a girl.”

I just look at her, and said, “Not you too?”

“No. I want you the way you are.”

It wasn’t long until I was again standing on the platform again, and Mrs. Shelby was helping me into the dress and shoes. I felt the zipper go up without any problem. Mrs. Shelby then checked out everything, and said, “Becka. My dear. This dress looks fantastic on you.”

I looked over at the other three, and Linda was just grinning from ear to ear. Mrs. Monroe was just nodding yes. And, Sara said, “Girlfriend. You just rock that dress.”

Mrs. Shelby got down off the platform and walked to where the others were sitting, and said, “That is very, very nice. The corset was just what was needed. We only have a few minor things to do to the dress, and it will be perfect. And, I have to be honest, I never in a million years would have thought that a boy could look so good in a dress.”

I just smiled.

After Mrs. Shelby helped me remove the dress, Sara went with me to a small changing room and helped me out of the corset. As I finally undid the busk, I said, “That wasn’t bad. But, it feels so good to have it off. I can breath again.”

Later that day, Sara and I were at my house, and were sharing our experiences with my mother. And, when I told her about Gretchen telling me that I should get breast implants, she wasn’t happy and said that it was completely improper. My mother was really surprised about the corset, and we showed it to her, and she thought it was very pretty. Then she said, “Becka. With the corset having garter tabs, you’re going to have to get some nylons.”

“Nylons?”, I asked.

“Yes. The nylons will help keep the corset in place.”

“Okay. Something new learned.”

“Honey. Have you ever done anything with your leg hair?”

“No. But, I guess I should.”

“Yes. You really need to. Leg hair and nylons don’t go good together.”

“Can you help me.”

“Of course. How do you want to do it?”

“I was going to shave.”

“You’ll end up shaving every few days.”

“I know.”

“Want to do it just once between now and the wedding?”

“Maybe.”

“I have a really good girl that waxes my legs.”

“Doesn’t that hurt.”

“Yes. But, it’s worth it. I only have to do my legs every four to six weeks.”

I looked at Sara, she smiled at me, and said, “You’d be braver then I am.”

“I could call her and see if she could work you in tomorrow.”

“I’ll go with you.”

I sat there for a few seconds, then said, “Call her.”

My mother went and called her girl, and was back in a few minutes. And, she said, “I hope you two are ready for an early up tomorrow. She’s going to come in early. We have to be there at eight.”

“Eight!”, I said.

My mother grinned, and said, “Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to look beautiful.”

That evening when my father arrived home, I was in the kitchen helping mom with dinner. As he walked in, I looked at him, smiled, and said, “Hi daddy.”

He looked at me, shook his head, smiled, then said, “I don’t think I’m ever going to get used to seeing you looking and talking like a girl. But, hi honey. Did you have a good day?”

“A very interesting one.”

“I did too. I’ll tell you all about it at dinner.”

“Okay daddy.”

As he walked out of the kitchen, I asked my mother, “Is he really all right with all of this?”

“Yes honey. He is.”, my mother said, “We’ve talked more about it. And, he sees that you’re trying to help Linda. And, he’s accepted that you’re a cross-dresser. Realize, that with his job, that he’s seen almost everything.”

At dinner we talked about our days. I didn’t go into too much detail of what went on with me, I just hit the highlights.

Then my father dropped the bomb, as he said, “I thought this wasn’t going to happen for a few months. And, your mother was aware that this was going to happen, but Becka you weren’t. My boss, Rear Admiral Davis, was planning on retiring around the end of the year. But, has had to take an early medical retirement. So, do you think Peter can come back on Friday for a little while?”

What my dad had just hinted at hadn’t sunk in yet. I just looked at him a little puzzled. He finally grinned, and said, “Honey. I’m being promoted.”

Then it hit me, and I did something Peter would have never done. I got up, ran to where my dad was sitting, and gave him a big hug. Then I said, “Oh daddy. That’s wonderful.”

Then what I’d just done hit me. I pulled back, and said, “I’m sorry.”

“Honey. Sorry for what?”

“For hugging you like that.”

“But, I liked it. Besides, aren’t you Becka right now?”

“Yeah. I am, but . . . “

“No buts. Just be who you feel you are.”

“Daddy. I’m so happy for you.” Then something hit me. And, I asked, “Daddy. We aren’t going to be moving are we?”

“No honey. You’re stuck here in Washington.”

Then I asked, “Why Peter on Friday?”

“I’d like my regular family with me at the Navy Yard when I’m sworn in.”

“Will Richard be there?”

“No. I think that he’s on some kind of summer training, and probably can’t get away.”

I hugged him again. Then asked, “Does the Colonel know?”

“Yes. He’ll be moving into my old job.”

“Then Sara probably knows?”

“Probably not. Because it won’t be made public until Friday. But, if you want to tell her, you can. But, it goes no further unit after I’m sworn in.”

I went to run out of the house, but my mother said, “Young lady!”

I stopped, and looked at her. She pointed to the sink, and said, “Dishes.”

“Mom!”, I said.

“Young lady. Dishes first. Then you can tell Sara.”

up
246 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Corsets

I also feel that wearing a corset feels like a good hug. I've got two of them but they are outerwear with how they look. While wearing them I can look in the mirror and not get as upset with how my body looks :)

re: Corsets

I also have two. And, just love them. Both of mine are underwear. And, feel so good on.

A minor hipough & big news

Renee_Heart2's picture

Well the dress shop was a slight hipcough but it all worked out in the end, but I do agree with mom that the implant comment was uncalled for even if she IS the owner it IS uncalled for wi ty H out ALL the facts. I'm happy for the Captain being promoted to Rear Admiral of course that's depending on congress approving him to the rank & post.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

re: A minor hipough & big news

Ah yes, the congressional approval, after approval by the Secretary of the Navy, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Secretary of Defense, and by the President of the United States. That's all said and done. Remember our Captain has a "special" job at the Pentagon. ;-)

Steel Boned back brace

I fell down a manhole and wore a steel back brace for several years, and when I retired, I switched to pretty corsets. I love them but can't wear them any longer due to GIRD.

Gwne

Sure, dressing back as Peter is possible, ....

But is acting as Peter possible? Do any of the Captains coworkers know he has a son named Peter? (Other than the Colonel). Curious to see what happens next! I see the list of people who know is growing rapidly, I hope Peter can handle the fallout when it eventually arrives. (Cause you just know someone is going to have something not so nice to say!). Lovely story though and I'm enjoying it! Loving Hugs Talia

Teddie,

Teddie,
I believe Becka's Dad is making a bad move asking her to become Peter again, even if it is for a day. How many people actually know how many children and their genders he has in his family? My guess would be that a lot know about his oldest son who went off to West Point (good talking about), and who is not even going to be there I would guess that few even recall, if they even know that he has another son, so Becka being there would be no surprise to anyone. Plus she should be, as she does need to know how to interact in a large public affair; because isn't that what weddings are also, especially large military ones like what Becka's going to be involved in? Also he needs to remember Becka IS a member of his family now. I just feel this requested action of his may "out" Becka and that it will not be a good thing for everyone involved. Could have some serious repercussions.
Janice