Sara, Becka, and me. - Chapter 11

Printer-friendly version

 

Sara, Becka, and me.
by Teddie S.

 

Chapter XI
The Second Week
Saturday morning - The Beauty Shop
Saturday afternoon - The Wedding

 
Today’s the big day. Well Linda’s big day. Yesterday we met the guys that we’re paired with for the wedding. The rehearsal went well, and the dinner afterwards was fun. But, jealousy reared its ugly head for the first time in our relationship. But, was quickly put to rest.


The Second Week: Saturday morning - The Beauty Shop

Saturday morning, we were up early, and yes, we were cuddled together. Did we make love this morning? No. We didn’t have time. We were meeting all the other bride’s maids, plus Linda, the flower girl, Mrs. Monroe, and the groom’s mother for an early breakfast. Then we were all going to a beauty shop to have our hair and makeup done. But first, I had to also reapply my breast forms. Which Sara did for me.

It was fun sitting there with all these girls, and just chatting, and being accepted as one of them. I did notice that the other bride’s maids and Linda were a little under the weather. I guess that last night’s bachelorette party must have been a good one.

After breakfast, we drove to the beauty shop. As we walked in we were greeted by a woman who appeared to be the shop’s owner, and there were a number of other beauticians there. I guess it takes an army to do a dozen women’s hair and makeup.

The wedding photographer was also there, and the pictures started. She got us all together for a “before” photo. And then took pictures of each of us individually.

Mrs. Monroe took the owner aside, they whispered back and forth a little, looking at me every once in a while. I was beginning to wonder what this was all about. Then, Mrs. Monroe, looked over at me, and said, “Becka. Honey. Would you please come over here?”

I walked over, and the owner quietly said, “Hello Becka. I’m Mrs. Smyth, the owner. And, I understand that you’re the girl that needs a little, shall we say, special care.”

“Special care?” I asked.

“I still can’t believe this, but you’re a boy. Aren’t you? And, aren’t you wearing a wig? “

“Yes ma’am. Guilty on both counts.”

She smiled, and said, “I have someone that will take good care of you.”

Then she looked over at her crew, and said, “Jada. Will you come over here please?”

A tall, pretty, black girl walked over, and Mrs. Smyth said, “Jada. This is Becka, the girl that I talked to you about.”

Jada looked at me, and said, “Honey. If there is a boy under there, he should have been born a girl.”

I smiled. Then Jada said, “Come with me honey and we’ll make you prettier than you already are.”

I followed her back to a private room. I don’t think that anyone, except maybe Sara, saw me go with her. We walked into the room, and she had me sit in the chair. She looked at me, felt my hair, and then said, “That is really a nice wig. Real hair, long, and it’s just perfect on you. I’m going to have to remove it to wash it, but I think we can style it on your head.”

She carefully removed my wig, and brushed it. Then she took it over to the wash basin, and washed and conditioned it. She then placed it on a wig stand, came back over to me, and said, “You know. If we dyed your hair the same color as the wig. It would really be hard to tell that you were wearing a wig.”

I thought for a second, then said, “I had someone else tell me that. Won’t it take too long?”

“Not at all with your short hair.”

“Let’s do it.”

She was right it didn’t take long at all. Then she went over to the wig, felt it, and used a blow dryer on it for a few minutes. Then she brought the wig over, and said, “It’s still a little wet. I’m going to condition it, then we’ll put it back on, and start styling it as it slowly dries. What I’m going to do, is braid it, and work some wild flowers into it. It’ll look fantastic when I’m done.”

She put the wig on me, and started working. And we talked. She asked me about why I was dressing like a girl. And, I told her the story. She was quite while I told her the story, but kept working. When I was done, she said, “Girl. You are a wonderful friend. I don’t know of anyone that would be willing to do something like that.”

I replied, “Well. I love looking like a girl. I didn’t want the bride’s wedding to be ruined. And, I’m in love with her sister.”

“You don’t like boys?”

“No. Only girls.”

“And, this sister of the brides’. She’s the one that started this?”

“Yes. Back when we were eleven.”

“Girl. You are very lucky.”

“I know.”

Then she turned me towards the mirror, and said, “Do you like it?”

I looked at my hair and it was gorgeous. The hair from the front of my head was swept back, and the braids came around from the back of my head, and met just above my forehead. And the braids had flowers woven into them.

“Like it?” I said, “I love it. It’s gorgeous.”

Jada was smiling, and said, “Thanks honey. You’re pretty, and I wanted your hair to match. Now, we need to do your makeup.”

She turned me back around, and started cleaning my face. Then she got a puzzled look on her face, and said, “Honey. You’re not using a foundation?”

“No.”, I replied, “I never have.”

“Your complexion is fantastic. Would you mind if I used a very light foundation?”

“No. It would be a new experience.”

“Would you mind if I worked on your eyebrows?”

“To do what?”

“Make them a little more feminine then they already are.”

“Doing what?”

“I’d like to wax them, to remove a little hair from the bottoms, and give them more of an arch. It would give them a very nice, clean, line.”

“Sure. I’ve done this much. What’s a little more.”

She smiled. And, brought a roll around tray over, tilted my chair back, and asked, “Have you ever been waxed before?”

“I’ve had a full body sugaring done.”

She stepped back, and said, “You did go all out for this didn’t you?”

“Kind of. But, I had to look very good or I wasn’t going to do it. And, doing that helped.”

“Girl. You scare me. A boy willing to do this much for the sister of his girlfriend. Just what are you willing to do for the girlfriend?”

I grinned, as I said, “Anything.”

“Anything! Girl. I thought you were the lucky one. But, that girlfriend of yours is really the luck one. To have a boyfriend, or is it a girlfriend, like you.”

I just grinned, and said, “It’s both.”

Then she said, “I’m going to carefully spread some wax along the bottom of your right eyebrow, then place a cloth over it, rub it, and pull it off. It’ll hurt a little. But, it won’t take long. Okay?”

“Sure.”

She did as she said, and of course it hurt. Then she did my left eyebrow, she stood back, looked, and said, “Much better. And, looking at your face, I’m not seeing any beard shadow at all. So, we won’t need any kind of concealer.”

“Hmm.” I thought. “I wonder if she’s done this to a guy before?”

Then she went to work on my face. First a moisturizer, then she carefully covered my face, neck, and down on to my chest with a cream foundation. She told me that the foundation that she used was very close to my skin color. Then as she powdered my face, she told me that it was going to be warm today, and that the powder would set the foundation.

She then applied a light blusher to my cheeks, and then she went to work on my eyes. She took an eyebrow pencil to my brows, and then said, “I think you’ll be happy that we waxed your brows. They’ll really help make your eyes pop.

“I’m going to use an iridescent green on your lids, and make it softer as it gets closer to your brows and the outer edges. This color would be good for you anytime that you wanted to look special. Then, I’ll do your lashes, make them longer than they already are, and separate each lash.

“I’m going to do an open winged look with the eyeliner. Using a white on the bottom lid and a black on the top. But, I’m not going to get too fancy.”

And, she did all of this. Then, she said, “I liked the pink lipstick that you had on when you came in. So, we’re going with a pink, but a brighter one.”

She outlined my lips with a pencil, then applied the lipstick using the little brush.

Finally she turned me to the mirror and I just stared. I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing. My eyebrows were really thin, and arched. It was me, but was it me.

Jada finally asked, “Honey. Is it too much?”

All I could do was shake my head no.

“Is there something wrong?” she asked.

I was finally able to say, “No. There’s nothing wrong. It’s just that I . . . I never thought I could look like this.”

“Honey. You’re a great canvas and easy to work on. Come on, let’s see how everyone else is doing.”

I slowly got out of the chair, and she handed me the lipstick, the liner pencil, the little brush, and all the other makeup that she had used, as she said, “Put these in your purse just in case you need to freshen your makeup.” Then I followed Jada out the door.

A few of the other girls were done. And, Sara was one of them. She saw me and just stared, then said, “Becka?”

I smiled, and said, “Yeah.”

“Oh my God. You look fantastic.”

“So do you girlfriend.” And, she really did.

“Oh no babe. You belong on the cover of Vogue.”

Just then Linda came out, I looked at her, pointed at her, and said, “Now that is downright fantastic.”

Everyone looked at Linda, and the attention turned to her. Her hair was really perfect, and she looked like a million dollars.

The photographer had been with Linda, and was now taking pictures of the rest of us. When everyone was finished, it was more pictures, including the “after” one.

Then we went back to the hotel to get dressed. Vicki and Mrs. Monroe were going to help Linda get dressed. Sara and I helped each other. And, I guess the other girls did the same.


The Second Week: Saturday afternoon - The Wedding

As we were getting ready, Sara said, “While the rest of us were getting our hair done, one of the girls told us, that some of the groomsmen were saying that one of the bride’s maids wasn’t really a girl.”

“What!” I said.

“Don’t get worried. I guess someone started the rumor, and everyone was trying to figure out who it could be. And, they have no idea.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. But, be prepared. Gary may say something.”

“This is all I need.”

“Lover. Don’t worry. No one is going to figure it out. You are a perfect girl.”

“I sure hope so.”

“You are.”

I swear Sara loves lacing me into the corset. And, the two sided tape did hold the dress in place. When we were both dressed, we stood side by side in front of a mirror, and looked at ourselves. Sara said, “Damn. Two really cute girls.”

I grinned, and said, “Yeah. And, one of them is a boy.”

“Are you ready for this?”

“Honestly?”

“Honestly.”

“Yes. I’m ready. Nervous. But, more than ready.”

We were very careful that we didn’t mess up our hair or makeup. Luckily we didn’t have much time between getting back to the hotel, getting dressed, and leaving for the wedding. Before we left our room, we both freshened our lipstick. And, put a few things in our matching clutch purses.

The wedding was scheduled to start at two, and just before one we, Linda, Vicki, all the brides’ maids, and the flower girl and her mother, left the hotel in limousines. Not much later we were pulling up in front of the church, and going inside. I glanced into the main part of the church, and the flowers were just gorgeous.

We gathered in one of the church’s anteroom to wait for two o’clock. I hadn’t seen Linda in her dress before, but it was wonderful. She really looked like a princess. Of course the photographer was everywhere. And, there was also a videographer making a move of the wedding.

I walked over to Linda, and said, “Linda. You look like a princess.”

“Thank you Becka.” Linda replied, “And, you look wonderful too.”

“I hope everything that you wish for comes true.”

“Thank you honey. You’ve help make this wish come true. Thank you very much.”

“I’m just happy to do it for you.”

“And, for Sara?”

“Yes. And, for Sara.”

“It would be fun to see the two of you in wedding gowns.”

“That would be fun.”

“Oh. Did you hear that the guys think that one of the bride’s maids is a guy?”

“Yes. Sara told me.”

“Don’t worry. They’re boys. They’ll never figure it out.”

“I hope so.”

“They won’t.”

We heard the church organ start playing. That told us that is would be about a half an hour before the service would start. I was wondering if my parents had made it. I looked out the window where I could see the front of the church just as a car pulled up. I saw a Marine in full dress uniform get out of the driver’s door, walk around to the back passenger’s door, and open it. He helped my mother out, then my dad got out. My mother looked very nice, and my dad was in his full dress uniform. My dad said something to the Marine, he saluted my dad, got back in the car, and drove away.

Just then Sara walked up to me, and asked, “Are your parents here yet?”

I just pointed out the window. She looked out the window, and we both watched, as anyone in uniform saluted him, and he returned it. We walked to the entry door just as they walked in, and my dad took his hat off. My mother saw us first, and her mouth dropped open. Then she said, “Becka. Sara. My goodness you two look wonderful.”

“Thanks mom.” I said.

Sara with her cute little smile, said “Thanks mom.”

My mother smiled, walked over, and hugged both of us. My dad then said, “Girls. I never seen the two of you look so pretty. And, Becka, I’ve called you princess before, but now I really have to call you princess. Because you look like a princess.”

“Thank you daddy. I love you.”

“I love you too princess.”

Then he looked at Sara, and asked, “And, my other daughter looks like a princess too,”

“Thanks daddy. You look really sharp in your uniform.”

“To be honest.” my dad said, “I’d rather be here in civilian clothes. I feel like a fish out of water.”

My mother and Sara laughed, and I just said, “What’s so funny?”

Sara looked at me, and said, “I know you’re really a blond. But, I didn’t think you were a dumb blond. Think about it. Your dad is Navy and we’re at the U.S. Military Academy.”

“Oh. Yeah. I guess I am a blond. That went right over my head.”

My mother shook her head, took my father’s arm, and they walked toward the doors to the sanctuary. As they did, I saw Gary approach them, and take my mother’s arm, and escort my parents to their seats. Sara and I went back in the anteroom to wait.

Just a couple minutes after two, the wedding planner came into the room, and said, “We think everyone is here, and we’re about to start. So, ladies if you’d line up as we did yesterday. I’ll come and get you when it’s time.”

Well, guess who the first one down the aisle is? Me. I’m the tallest. So, when we lined up I was right at the door of the anteroom, and could watch things.

I watched as one of the groomsmen escorted Phil’s mother and father down the aisle to their seats. Then the best man escorted Mrs. Monroe to her seat. And, then the Colonel, in full dress uniform, jointed us in the anteroom. Then two of the groomsmen pulled the white runner down the aisle.

The wedding planner came into the room, and said “All right girls. It’s time.”

I followed her to the doors to the sanctuary, and waited. Her assistant was standing there holding a box that had our bouquets in it. The music changed, and the wedding planner handed me a bouquet of flowers, and said, “Okay. Slow and steady.”

I walked slowly down the aisle like we had practiced yesterday. I looked around, and there was a lot of military brass in that church, and only one of them was Navy. My dad. I walked to my place, looked over at the groomsmen, and they were all in Army dress uniforms. As was Phil.

Then I looked up the aisle, and three more of the girls had already started down the aisle. Then I saw Sara start down the aisle, she looked very pretty in her dress with her hair done very nicely, and carrying a bouquet of flowers. Shortly after Sara started down the aisle, Vicki, the maid of honor started down the aisle. She walked passed me, and stood on my left. Closest to where the couple would stand.

The cutest thing was the flower girl and ring bearer coming down the aisle right behind Vicki. They looked so cute together. The ring bearer was in a tuxedo. And, the flower girl was in a miniature copy of the bride’s maid’s dresses. And, every few steps the flower girl would stop and throw some rose pedals.

Once the flower girl and ring bearer were to the front of the church. The music stopped. And, a few seconds later, the wedding march started. And, Linda escorted by the Colonel started down the aisle. Everyone stood and watched them. The Colonel looked very proud.

I won’t go into the details of the service. It was interesting, but it lasted longer than I thought it would. The cutest part was when the best man and maid of honor, tried to take the rings from the ring bearer. At first he didn’t want to give them up, but Vicki talked him into giving them up. At the end of the ceremony, the priest reminded everyone that we’d be in a receiving line at the front door of the church, and that the Arch of Sabers Ceremony would be held at the front of the church after some pictures were taken in the sanctuary.

When the ceremony was over, Phil and Linda walked down the aisle hand in hand, then we followed them down the aisle with our respective groomsman. And, then the brides and grooms parents. We set up a reception line, and greeted all the people that were there. There were comments from the women like, “All of you girls are very pretty.”, “I always cry at weddings.”, and stuff like that.

It took a little while to get everyone through the line, and one of the last people out was my dad’s Marine driver. I thought it was nice that he was able to be part of the wedding. Finally the wedding planner herded all of us back into the sanctuary for pictures, and that took a while.

Then the wedding planner had the wedding party go to the front door of the church, and the girls were told to go on outside. I was surprised how many people were still standing outside the church.

A short time later the eight groomsmen, in two lines, came outside with the sabers on their shoulders. They formed two lines facing each other, with room for Linda and Phil to walk between them. Everyone grew quiet, and watched. Phil and Linda walked out of the church and stopped just before reaching the first set of groomsmen.

The best man, loud enough for everyone to hear, said, “I would like to present Lieutenant and Mrs. McMaster.”

Then he said, “Present . . . Sabers.”

The eight groomsmen brought the sabers to their chins.

Then he said, “Arch . . . Sabers.”

The eight groomsmen then fully extend their sabers with their right arms, and turned the saber so that they formed an arch.

And, Linda and Phil started walking through the arch. As they reached the last set of groomsmen, they lowered their sabers to waist level, blocking the couple’s way. Then one of the groomsman said, “A kiss is required to pass.”

Linda and Phil turned to each other and kissed. There was a big round of applause. Then the two groomsmen lifted there sabers back into the arch, and the couple started walking again.

Then just as they got even with the last two groomsmen, the one on Linda’s side patted her on her bottom, and said, “Welcome to the Army, Mrs. McMaster.”

There was laughter and applause. Then in full military precision, the eight groomsmen marched back into the church.

Something really cool happened next, there was a release of a flock of white doves. They took off, circled the church a couple of times, then flew away.

And, shortly afterwards the limousines pulled up to take the wedding party to the reception. It wouldn’t be a long drive, as the reception was held at the West Point Club and it was only a short drive away.

As we were getting into the limousines, I noticed my dad’s car pull up behind us, and the Marine driver get out. And, this time I noticed that he was a Staff Sargent and was also wearing a sidearm. He opened the door for my mother and father.

We drove over to the Club, and as we were getting out of the limousines I saw an Army officer with three stars on his shoulder walking out of the Club. And, there was all kinds of saluting going on. My mother and dad were already out of their car. The Army officer saw my dad, and walked over to him. My dad saluted first, and the Army officer returned the salute. Then they shook hands and started talking.

I looked at Gary, and asked who the General was that was talking to my dad? He said, “He’s a Lieutenant General and the Superintendent of West Point.”

“Oh.”, was all I could say.

“They greeted each other like they know each other.”

“I don’t think so. He may know my brother, Richard. He’ll be starting his second year here.”

“Your brother is going here and your dad is an Admiral?”

“Yes. My dad wasn’t happy about it. But, it’s what my brother wanted to do. He could have also gone to Annapolis too.”

“He was accepted at both?”

“Yes. The last time we saw him was at my dad’s promotion ceremony last week. I guess the Secretary of the Navy pulled some strings, and had Richard flown in from some sort of summer training he was doing.”

“Just what in the hell does your dad do?”

“We don’t know, just like we don’t know what Linda’s dad does. All we know is that they work together at the Pentagon.”

Then Gary and I watched as the Colonel, walked up to the Superintendent and my dad. Of course everyone saluted everyone else. Then they shook hands. And, started talking.

Gary and I walked into the Club, and to the room where the reception was going to be held. I excused myself to go and change my shoes. All the girls had brought flats to change into for the reception, and after standing in these heels as long as I have been, I was ready. I walked into the ladies room, and Sara was there changing her shoes. She looked up, and said, “Changing your shoes too?”

“Yeah. I’m past ready.”

I sat down next to her, slipped my heels off, and rubbed my feet.

Sara smiled, and said, “It’s tough wearing heels like these for a long time.”

“Even just standing in them that long is hard.”

Then I noticed that she wasn’t wearing her three hearts ring, and I asked, “Where’s your commitment ring?”

“Oh that. Hmm. Did I leave it in our room? No. Just what did I do with that thing? No. I know it’s not there. Okay it must be here.” And, she reached into her bra, pulled out the ring, and slipped it onto her left ring finger.

“Now. Who’s being a brat?”

She grinned, and said, “Pay back.”

We slipped our flats on, fixed our makeup, and went back out to the reception. We wandered around meeting people, talking to other members of the wedding party, and just enjoying the decorations in the room. The wedding cake was a five tiered one and very nicely decorated, with a bride and solider, in full dress uniform, topper. There was also a groomsman’s cake that was a football helmet done in West Point colors on a football field. I guess Phil must have played football for West Point. He’s big enough.

The bridal party, plus the bride and groom’s parents, sat at one big table. And, we had a nice sit down dinner, and I was hungry. We hadn’t taken time for lunch. Of course there was the best man’s speech. The dinging of the glasses for the bride and groom to kiss. Which they did every time it happened.

Then the dancing started. And, there was actually a small band and they were good. It started with the bride’s dance, with Linda and Phil dancing. Then Linda’s dad broke in. Then Phil’s dad. Then the best man, and so on. Finally the whole bridal party was up and dancing. I ended dancing with my dad, Linda’s dad, Phil’s dad, most of the groomsmen, and a few more people who I didn’t know.

As I was dancing with the best man, he said, “Did you hear the rumor?”

“No.”, I replied, “What rumor’s that?”

“That one of you girls is really a guy.”

“What! You’re kidding me. Which one?”

“No one seems to know.”

“Are you sure that it’s true?”

“No. Not really. Like I said, it’s a rumor.”

“Believe me. When we were getting our dresses, I saw all of these girls in their underwear, and none of them is a guy.”

“Could be you?”

I stopped dancing and just looked at him, then said, “Me! You think I’m a guy. Thanks! And, there’s only one way to prove that I’m not, and we’re not going there. You’ll just have to take my word for it. Besides, do you think my father would allow me to do something like this?”

“Your father?”

“The Admiral.”

“Oh. Yeah. Right. You’re the Admiral’s daughter.”

“Yes.”

“Ah. Sorry.”

“No problem.”

I finally had to sit, so I wandered over to my seat at the bridal party’s table, and sat. I sat there by myself for a while, then Gary walked over and sat next to me. Then he said, “Becka. You are a very nice girl. And, I know that I’ll probably never see you again. But, I was hoping that we could at least write, or something. But, why didn’t you tell me that you and the bride’s sister are together?”

I looked at him, and I could see he was hurt. And, I had to think quickly. I then asked him, “How did you know?”

“Last night after the rehearsal dinner, I went looking for you, and I saw you two kiss. And, it wasn’t a friendly kiss. It was a lover’s kiss.”

“Gary. I’m sorry. I do like you. And, you are very sweet guy. I knew we would probably never see each other after this, so I just didn’t tell you. I should have. I was hoping that you’d notice that we were wearing the same rings, and put two and two together.”

“I thought that they were friendship rings.”

“No. They’re commitment rings.”

“I know that now.”

“Besides you’re what, twenty-two or twenty three? And, I’m only seventeen.”

“Seventeen! I thought that you were at least twenty.”

“I’m sorry.” And, I could feel the tears in my eyes.

“Becka don’t cry. You’re a wonderful person. And, I’m glad I met you.”

“I’m glad I met you too Gary.” And, I kissed him. It was just a quick kiss, but it was a kiss.

I got up, and almost ran to the ladies room. When I got there, Vicki was there. She saw the tears in my eyes, and asked, “Becka. Honey. What’s wrong?”

I told her about the talk Gary and I just had, and even the kiss. Then she said, “All of these guys are nice guys. And, he should have found out how old you were.”

“I know.” I said, “But, I just feel so bad.”

“Honey. Don’t. He’ll get over it.”

“I may not.”

Just then Sara came into the ladies room, put her hands on her hips, glared at me, and said, “Just what in the hell was that all about!”

I looked at Sara, and started really crying. Vicki yelled at her, “Sara. Stop! And, just listen to me.”

Then Vicki went on to tell Sara what had happened. And, I could see Sara’s face change, from one of anger to one of concern. When Vicki was done, Sara asked very quietly, “Becka. What about the kiss.”

“It was nothing.” I said, “I had just told him that I was sorry. And, I wanted to show him that I meant it.”

Sara walked over to me, and just held me. Then she said, “Baby. I’m sorry that I got mad. I should have asked first. Still love me?”

I was actually able to smile at her, as I said, “I’ll always love you.”

I heard the door open, and it was Linda. She looked at the three of us, and asked, “Is everything all right?”

“I think so.”, Vicki said.

“Gary came over to me and told me that he was worried about Becka. Then, he told me what had happened. I was worried, so I came looking for you, and found you here.”

“I was upset because I’d hurt a really nice guy.”, I said.

“I think he was more upset with himself then hurt. He told me that he should have found out more about you. Like how old you are, or if you were in a relationship. He really likes you, and said you were a wonderful person. And, that he was also upset with himself because he upset you. He told me to tell you that he wishes you and Sara all the best.”

“Really? That’s sweet of him. But, Linda you shouldn’t be in here, you should be out with all of your guests. I’ll be fine.”

“Becka. You’re very important to me. I had to be sure that you were okay.”

“Really. I’m fine.”

“Okay honey. Come back out and join us?”

“I will. I need to fix my makeup.”

Linda left, and Sara asked, “Are you really okay?”

“Yes. The three of you really helped. It’s . . . that I never felt so bad about something before.”

“I know it’s hard. Why don’t you fix your makeup? And, when you’re ready come on back out to the party.”

“Okay.”

“Good girl.”

Sara and Vicki left. I sat there for a few minutes gathering my thoughts. Then, I fixed my makeup. My mascara was a real mess, and that took some work to fix. And, once that was done, I touched up my lipstick.

Finally I walked back out to the reception, and got there just in time to see Linda and Phil cut the cake. And, then shove a piece of it into each other’s face. It was funny, and I couldn’t help laughing and applauding along with everyone else. And, that even helped me feel better.

I found Sara with my mother, and my mother asked, “Honey. Are you really okay?”

“Yes mom.” I replied, “I’m fine now. You know how I love wedding cake, lets go get some.”

And, we did. This was a really good wedding cake, and before the night was over, I’d had another piece.

Just before Linda and Phil were going to leave, Gary walked up to me, and asked if we could talk. He took my hand, and we walked outside. Then he looked in my eyes and said, “Becka. I’m sorry that I upset you. It was my fault. I should have asked you how old you were.”

“No Gary.” I said, “I should have sensed that you liked me and told you. And, I should have also been up front with you about my preference for girls.

“I look at it this way. I met a fun and wonderful guy. I like him as a friend. Could it go farther than friendship? No. But, I’ll always look at this as a very fun time in my life.”

He just looked at me, shook his head, and then said, “Becka. You are a special person. Whoever you spend your life with will be very lucky.”

With that, I hugged him, and whispered, “Gary. Be safe.”

After Sara and I were back at the hotel, she asked me what Gary had wanted. I told her that he wanted to apologize, and that we’d actually apologized to each other.

Then I told Sara about the conversation that I’d had with the best man about one of the bride’s maids being a guy, and what I’d told him. We had a good laugh over it. And, I thanked her for the earlier warning.

That night Sara and I only used one bed again, and didn’t get up until late on Sunday morning.

My father had told me last night that the plane would be here for us at about two the next afternoon. And, that we should join them for lunch at about eleven. Sara and I were up early enough to pack everything, and have it ready for the hotel staff to bring it down.

I did my hair in a ponytail, added some light makeup, and a little perfume. Put on a pair of shorts, a peasant top, and my favorite pair of wedges. Sara had been watching me, and she said, “You do that just like a girl.”

I looked at her, grinned, “Well. I am a girl. Aren’t I?”

“Yes you are.”, and then with that cute little smile of hers, she added, “Except when you make love. And, then you’re all man.”

“Only for you lover. Only for you.”

up
256 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Really Good

This story is so good, as are all of your stories. Can't wait for the rest of the story. Thanks for sharing your exceptional writing ability with us.
Hugs
Francesca

- Formerly Turnabout Girl

Francesca is right!

Bobbie Sue's picture

I, too, will be watching for more.

Hugs

Bobbi Sue

A cute weding

Renee_Heart2's picture

I wonder who started the rumor??? Anyway I'm glad Linda had a big day & that her sisters boyfriend/girlfriend could enjoy it with her as part of her bridal party. As for Lt. Gary... well he got what was coming to him for assuming about Becka & unfortunately hurt her too.

Over all for this story I give it ***** 5 stars lol :)

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Nice! No fireworks, no commotion....

Just a nice time and one silly ol' rumor! (And one heart broken Lt.). I couldn't help but giggle at the "dumb blonde" reference! Loving Hugs Talia

It's a great story

It's interesting that Becka's Mom didn't have a problem with Becka kissing Gary.

I'm glad Sara got over that kiss too.

To me there is only two ways

To me there is only two ways that the rumor could have gotten started. 1) a bridesmaid told someone or 2) better yet, Becka's brother started it by telling someone. Either way, it was insensitive at its best and very cruel at its worst. I am just very glad that Richard was not at the wedding, because he could have really caused some serious trouble for both families, the other guests and especially for Becka and Sara.
Would not be a good showing what some would consider future leader material.
Janice