Discrimination

Printer-friendly version

Unfortunately I'm rated as the worst lawyer at our law office so I get the cases no one else wants. So when a distinguished gentleman and what must be his very cute daughter are shown into my office I wonder what the catch is. Oh, a discrimination case. Well, that explains it. Not what we usually deal with at Cook, Brewster & Yorke.

The father, an old customer of ours, lets his daughter explain the problem.

“I recently transferred to Whetstone Academy, what used to be Whetstone Academy for Boys. I soon realized that the cheerleaders are the one with the highest status. The most popular boys only date cheerleaders. Cheerleaders get the best places in the cafeteria. Cheerleaders can ignore the dress code and flaunt their sexy legs. Cheerleaders get to wear those cute uniforms with the short skirts. Cheerleaders get to pick the most popular courses first. Cheerleaders get the best of everything! So of course I wanted to try out.

They won’t let me! It would be against their traditions they say.

I’m cute. I’m sexy. I’m a great cheerleader. I was the head cheerleader in my old school. I deserve to be a cheerleader and part of the popular set! They have no right to deny me that only because of my birth sex!”

I look at “her”. Why didn’t he tell me from the beginning he’s one of those “transgendered”? I hate to admit it but he really is very cute (just thinking about makes me a little bit nauseous). No one could suspect that he isn’t a real girl. I sigh. I hate to deal with cases involving weirdoes. I start to explain to him that taking this to court would place him in a very difficult position. Even if we probably could get a court order so he could try out to be a cheerleader he would be outed as transgendered and experience lots of harassment, not to talk about the resentment the other students would feel.

“But you don’t understand! I’m a genetic girl. It’s because I wasn’t born with a penis between my legs they won’t let me try out!"

up
276 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well, there's a turn around

Well, there's a turn around for you. Actually, I can see something like this happening one day, all because someone who should know better, creates a new rule that will effectively discriminate against a GG girl or girls in general. Fairs fair, and you can not have equality for only one side in an issue. Has to be able to cover everyone, in all matters, and all times.And yes, I KNOW we in the T-side of society are putting ourselves way out there to get equal justice under the law, or even equal to the law; but none of us, at least as far as I know, are/is trying to get justice above the law. Just want to be accepted like everyone else.
Janice Lynn

Old traditions

Whetstone Academy, formerly Whetstone Academy for boys, apparently doesn't want to change the tradtions they had before going co-ed.

Good trick

After yesterday's "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" I could expect some trick in the ending of Bru's story and actually I was expecting one. Alas!
Congratulations!
Thank you.

interesting

I assume this is a genetic CIS girl that wants to try out for the cheerleader squad of a school that used to be all boys, and must have an all boys cheerleading squad. They dont want to let a girl try out.

Well, they would have to now that the school is going co ed. It would be an easy title 9 case. Youd think they would have a lot of girls trying out. High School cheerleading is 90 percent girls.
Something this school should have prepared for.

I quite agree

I quite agree, especially if one considers how she described the existing "boy" cheerleaders.

The law is an ass, or a donkey, or a mule…

Rhona McCloud's picture

Now that they've found that our bodies are not homogenous - an Australian mother of 3 was recently found to have 70% male cells - it could make for interesting court cases. Maybe one person's male cells will sue their own female cells, or vice versa, or versa vice…

Rhona McCloud

Ahhh...

You got me on this one, did not expect the rejoinder.

Oooops!

O crap,back pedal,re-engage brain before changing feet.I love it when self opinionated asses get hoisted by their own petards.XXX Frank

I'm Reminded

Daphne Xu's picture

I'm reminded of an anime series that I read about (didn't actually watch), set in a boys' school, where some boys are selected to become Princesses. The idea is to have some feminine presence for the boys. Also, Princesses virtually assure their future as adults.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.