Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 3: Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse, Book 3: “The Student, The Hacker, and The Soldier.”

Chapter Ten: “Beyond the Edge of the Bizarre.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Reality, an Alternate Earth. Date, the year two thousand twenty AD. Early Autumn. Place, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Time, the local time was late morning, close to noon.

Bob teleport into a small grassy field, near a medical center building. As Bob pulled his hand out of his left pants pocket, where he kept the device, he looked around, and he noticed that it was the middle of the day, but there were dark storm clouds forming over his head.

Bob also noticed that sign by the medical center building stated that it was studying cancer and genetic research.

There was a two lane road, nearby, on the opposite end of the field, from the medical building. Along with this, there was a two land parking lane that ran from the medical building, to the street.

In addition Bob saw cars driving in both directions down the road. And there were buildings around the field and across the road.

Bob turned back around to look at the medical center, as he thought, 'As I expected. I am in some part of Atlanta. And I guess that is the medical center in front of me is where I should head too. Still, I thought about coming to a truly strange place. And except for not seeing any people, I don't see anything strange. I even see plenty of moving cars. Though, I guess I will find out how strange this place is, soon enough.'

Bob then started walking toward the medical center.

When he reached front entrance of the medical center, which was to glass double doors. The door automatically slid open for him, when doors sensors sense motion nearby.

Bob entered the small room, before coming to to other glass double doors that opened for him.

A few seconds later, Bob found himself in the lobby of the medical center.

As Bob looked around the lobby, he noticed the women, sitting in chairs, behind the front desk, do a double-take when looking at him. They giggled for a few seconds, before they went back to their business.

It was then that something caught his eye. To his right side, Bob saw a single step in restroom entrance, with the simple women's restroom sign above the entrance.

Bob looked to the other side of the room, and he did not see a restroom entrance, nor sign for the men's restroom.

Bob thought, 'Been here, done this before. This is not too bizarre. I am just in an amazon world where there are no men. This could be good, or bad. The first amazon world I came too, the women tried to kill me. I barely escape them, by jumping realities, before they could harm, or kill me.'

'The second amazon world I visited, the women were nice. It was not that they needed me for sex and procreation. They were just genuinely nice. And they allowed me to leave any time I wanted. And I had an interest day talking to them.'

'Those amazons. Well, to be honest they were just women. Not amazons. They were not violent, nor hostile towards me. Also, they had figure out how to do ovum fusion to reproduce healthy children, and they did not need men to continue humanity.'

'This was done out of necessity. For some reason, women stop giving birth to boys. They had a generation to figure out the problem. Which they did. Those men still living died out two generations previous to when I arrived there. But, the men lived full lives. There was no hatred, nor sexism, by the women due towards the men, because they were becoming fewer and fewer.'

'Actually, from what I understand, the last few men who died were honored with statues, and stories that are kind to them.'

'Well, there is no point in me staying. I am leaving before I find out what type of amazon world I am one.'

Bob then turned around, and walked outside.

He then walked over to a cranny on the outside of the building that would likely be a blind spot, which would allow him privacy for his reality jump.

Bob reached into his pant's pocket, from the button on the reality device, thought of where, when, and what reality that he wanted to go, and he pushed the button.

And for the first time in Bob's life, his reality device did not work.

Bob quickly pulled out the reality device, as he silently prayed, 'Oh please, lord. Don't let it be broke. Not in this reality.'

When he had the reality device in hand, he looked at it. Then, on the readout screen, at the top of the device, read, in english text, 'Bio-sensors detect nearby, active virus in air. Possible plague world. User is exposed.'

As Bob thought, 'In that case, at least this is not a zombie world. It could be a world, where the virus kills only men. I hope not. I do not want to be forced into a situations, where I have to choose between my life and my manhood. Thought, from what Ed told me, exposed, means I have the virus on me. But, I may not be infected. It means that it is in the air around me. If I find an isolated place, with sterile air, the bio-sensors will unlock.'

'And fortunately, this is just a safety feature. I can override them at anytime. In which case, I got the quarantine area on DS9. And the medical staff on DS9 will help me.'

'Still, it would be irresponsible of me not to find out what the disease is, before I leave. That means I am going to have to walk into town, and talk to people, to find out.'

Bob sarcastically added in thought, 'This is going to be fun.'

Bob then started walking across the field, and towards the businesses he saw in front of him.

As Bob continued his walk across the field, it finally started to rain.

Luckily, Bob's coat and hat kept him mostly dry.

When he made it to the two lane street, the rain suddenly stopped. Within seconds, the clouds broke apart, and it was suddenly sunny.

Bob stopped in his tracks, as he looked at the sky for a few seconds. He mentally reflected, 'That is odd weather.'

Bob look around, and he did not see a crosswalk in the distance. With no traffic lights for a few blocks in each direction. So, he just looked both ways, and waited until the traffic was clear.

A minute later, there were not cars coming from either direction, and he walked across the two lane street with no problems.

When Bob reached the other side the street, and onto walked into the sidewalk, he saw the buildings were just offices. So, Bob decided to take a left, and start walking down the street.

A few minutes later, Bob started to walking by other people, on the sidewalk. They all appeared normal, whom dressed normally, and whom acting normally. And he did see some men and boys of various ages.

Bob thought, with relief, 'At least this is not a, kill men virus.'

Bob continued to walked through the city sidewalks. Which him used using crosswalks, and carefully crossing streets, when he needed to do so.

As Bob made his way down the sidewalks, he saw men, women, and children. Strangely, he saw more girls than boys. And all of the people there were giving him strange looks. But, none of them had tried to approach, and talk to him.

Bob thought, 'This worries me. It is like I am the butt of a private joke that everybody else knows. And I find that annoying.'

Bob then felt that his bladder was full, and that he needed to pee.

Bob sarcastically thought, 'Just great. If there are only women's restrooms her, even with men here, I might get in trouble to use those restrooms. I guess I am just going to have to go outside. But where?' But, the spotted an alleyway on his side of the street, to his right side, just about thirty feet in front of him. He mentally added, 'That will do.'

Bob then walked into the alleyway. He saw a large metal dumpster, and that the other end was a dead end.

Bob thought, 'I hate when I had to do this. But, sometimes a person has to do things like this.'

Bob walked around dumpster, and unzipped his fly. He then relieved himself behind the dumpster.

Nearly a minute later, he was finished. As he zipped his fly, he overheard a male voice say, in english, “Hey you. Who the hell do you think you are are, to be in a getup like that?”

Bob mentally whined, 'You can literally cut the cliche with a knife. This has got to be a gang. No one else, but a police officer, would care about me doing this. And a police officer would be more formal in their dialogue.'

Bob looked up to see a group of seven teenagers, three boys, four girls, blocking the exit to the alleyway. All of them were smaller, and shorter than he was, be a number of inches.

Bob thought, 'Yep. A gang. I do not see any weapons on this, so using a gun might get me in trouble with the local police. Still, with my training from Zangief and Boris. I can handle these fools in a fight.'

Bob walked around the dumpster to face the teenagers. He stood twenty feet from the closest teenager, as he calmly asked, “Is there a problem?”

The teenagers then walked towards Bob. As they approached Bob, one of the girls said, “Yea. With you.”

Bob warned, “Children, you really don't want to mess with me.”

By then, the groups of teenagers had walked up to stand Bob around ten feet from Bob.

One of the boys stated, “We don't like people playing pretend.”

Bob looked at them, with confusion showing his face. He asked, “What do you mean?”

One of the boys suddenly stepped up to Bob, and he used his left hand to grab the bottom, part of Bob, beard at that was attached to Bob's chin.

Bob did not outwardly react to the pain, though mentally yelped, 'Ouch.'

The boy holding Bob's beard said, 'It must be glued on.'

Bob swiftly grabbed the boy by the front of Boy's throat, with just his right hand, and hauled him up to look at him, to be eye level with Bob. Though, Bob was careful not to choke the teenage bot.

The boy immediately let go of Bob's beard.

Bob sternly said, “That hurt. I will have you know that this is naturally grown from my face.”

Bob realized in thought, 'What a minute. No men that I had passed by had beards showing on their faces. Why is that? Still, for pulling on my own beard, this fool needs to be taught a lesson.' Bob then saw a puddle on the ground, across the alleyway from the dumpster. The puddle has clearly been formed with the water, created by the rain that had just happened early that day. Bob mentally reflected, 'That will be a good the lesson for him.'

Bob turned and he threw the boy over at the puddle.

What Bob saw next surprised him. As the boy hit the cold water, he immediately changed into a girl of the same age. And the girl looked like she could have been the boy's sister.

Bob thought, 'What the hell?! The boy has a jusenkyo curse!'

Bob turned around to face the rest of the gang, just in time to hear one of the girls, whom were still standing, order, “Get him.”

The six standing teenagers attacked Bob in mass.

Bob immediately took two wide steps back, to avoid the first attack.

The two steps caused the one of boys and two of girls to be unsteady on their feet, due to them overreaching with their attack, and missing Bob.

Meanwhile, the other boy was the first to rush at Bob, again.

As the boy did so, he threw a punch, with his right fist. Bob sidestepped to his left, to avoid the blow. He grabbed teen's extended right forearm. Bob used the boy's right forearm as leverage to thrown the teen over his back and over his back.

The next attacked was one of the girls.

The girl swiftly kicked the Bob in his groin with her right foot, only to find a hard surface, smooth under his pants.

Bob cracked a grin, as he stated, “I always wear a cup to work.”

Bob then used the flat of his right hand at her front collar bones, above her breasts, but below her chin, to push her to the ground, and onto her back.

To other four teens still standing moved around the fallen girl, as they attack Bob.

The next attacker was a girl. Bob stepped back the girl's attack. He then did a sweeping back kick attack with his right foot, against the back of her lower legs, which knocked her legs out from under her, and she fell to the ground.

As the remaining standing boy rushed at him, Bob punched him in his stomach, knocking the wind out of him, as he fell to the ground.

The next girl that rush at him, he sidestepped to his left, out of the way of her attack. Bob could tell this girl had no fighting experience, as she continued a few feet forward, while unsteady on her feet.

Bob moved around behind her, and used his right boot to kick the girl down to the ground, in front of her, by literally kicking her ass.

With his back turned, the last girl pulled a knife with her right hand, and she lunged at him with the weapon.

Bob had just enough time to turn around and see the attack coming.

Bob quickly grabbed the girl's right wrist, and gripped it tightly.

Bob tightening his grip ever so slightly, to the point that it was painful enough to force her to dropped her knife.

He looked down at her, as she looked up at his face.

Bob sternly stated, “Children should not play with knives.”

He then let go of her right wrist.

The girl used her left hand to rub her right wrist. She then turned around and ran out of the alleyway.

Bob thought, 'Finally, one of these idiots shows some intelligence. Now, to find out what is really going on.'

With the rest of the gang on the ground, Bob turned to the boy turned girl, as he demanded, “How the hell did a street punk like you get a jusenkyo curse?”

The girl stood up from the puddle she was in. Next, she looked at Bob for a few seconds. She then put the pieces together, as she inquired, “You're an alien? Aren't you?”

Bob admitted, “Something like that. Now, talk.”

The girl's lips curled into a wicked grin, as she commented, “There is no need. You're going to find out soon.”

Bob then felt intense pain from his right hand. He looked down to see one of the other girls had bitten the outside of his right hand, to the point that she drew blood.

Bob quickly kneed the girl away, as he stated, in anger, “Be happy I don't feel like seriously harming anyone today.”

The girl he was looking as, crawled away from him. As she stood up, the other five teens, still in the alleyway, also stood up. With the entire group then running away from Bob.

The gang soon exited the alleyway, turned right, onto the sidewalk, and disappeared from Bob's side.

Bob looked down at the bite marks on the outside of his hand.

The wound was no serious, with only a few shallow cuts.

Bob thought, 'Now, to make sure this wound does not get infected.'

From one of his coat pockets, Bob pulled out a small first aid kit. He opened it and pulled out a sealed alcohol pad. He then opened the seal of the pad, and wiped the alcohol pad on his wounds.

Bob hissed a little from the sting of the alcohol hitting his wound.

Bob then pulled out some gauze rapping and he rapped the gauze around his hand, where the wounds were. When he was finished, closed his first aid kit and put it back into the pockets of his coat, from which he had pulled the item from.

Bob then mentally wondered, 'Now, what am I going to do?”

Bob then look across the alleyway, and across the street. On the other side of the street, he saw the solution to finding the answers to his questions.

Bob smiled, as he happily though, 'Sometimes the multiverse just provides.'

Over the next few minutes, Bob made his out of alleyway, and carefully across the street, to the bar and restaurant, that he had noticed, while in the alleyway.

Bob found that the sign on the window said the establishment was open. Bob then opened the door, and walked into the bar.

Bob came to a stop, right inside the bar and restaurant, as he gently closed the door behind him.

Bob looked around the room. There were not many people in the restaurant.

Bob saw a few men and women sitting at some tables. There was a female bartender, with no one at the bar counter.

Bob thought, 'Lunch rush likely has not hit, yet. But, given the time of day, it will soon.'

Those in the room all turned looked at him Bob a few seconds. They then went back to minding their own business.

Bob thought, 'Good. If I play my cards right. I can get some answers, without drawing to much attention to himself.'

Bob walked to the bar counter, and sat down in a stool, at the counter.

The bartender walked over to Bob. She then did something that Bob did not expect. The bartender used her right hand to reach over the counter, and lightly pulled out his beard.

Bob swiftly brushed the woman's right hand away, with his left hand, as he snapped, “What is with pulling my beard?”

The bartender looked confused at him, as she said, “It's real.”

Bob stated, “Yes. Of course, it is real, manly, and I like it.”

The bartender commented, “No. You don't understand. No one here can grow a beard... You're not from this planet, are you?”

Bob thought, with amusement, 'What the hell? Why no just tell her?' He answered, “Actually, I am from a parallel Earth.”

The bartender put her right hand to her face, as she said, “Oh lord. You don't know about the virus?”

Bob suddenly put the pieces together, 'The cursed gang member. No one can grow beards. More women than men. And only women at work. Oh crap. I think I know what the bio-sensor picked up. Now, let's see if I am right.'

Bob inquired, “Let me guess. Years ago, a japanese citizen, by the name of Ranma Saotome, caught a cold, the cold bonded to his gender bending curse and infected the rest of humanity with the ability to change from male to female, based on water temperature? With those originally male turning female with cold water? And those originally female change to male with cold water? Hot water reverses the effect?”

The bartender was astonished, as she asked, “How did you know?”

Bob thought, 'A world whose entire population of humanity has had their gender bent by a virus from Ranma. Yep. I got my wish for a truly bizarre world. Though, I doubt this place will have a cure Boris.'

Bob shrugged, as he casually replied, “It is how these things work. And I met Ranma's counterpart in my home reality.”

The bartender asked, “So, your people can swap genders, as well?”

Bob answered, “Baring a handful of exceptions, not really. At least not for humans. I know of an alien species on my Earth, whom are naturally gender benders. The look liked humans. And they are either born male, or female. But, when they reached puberty, they develop the ability to swap genders based on sexually arousal, or stressed out. Though, they do eventually gain the ability to control their ability.”

Bartender requested, “Interesting. Can I confirm you claim of not being like us? By retrieving pitch of ice water and a pitcher of hot water. To splash you with.”

Bob stated. “Yes. But, we are only going to get my head wet. And if you are anything like the Ranma of my reality, the hot water should not be boiling, to prove I don't change.”

The bartender replied, “That is the case for us. Fortunately, we need it hot, but not boiling.”

Bob said, “I am happy to hear that.” He thought, 'It is good that they don't need to hurt themselves with hot water to change. Also, we don't want a mess.' He responded, “Also get a large bowl and towel. That way we can do it on the counter, and I can dry myself off afterward.”

The bartender complimented, “Great idea. I will be back in a few minutes.”

The bartender then turned, and when into back of the restaurant, through a door behind the bar counter.

Meanwhile, Bob turned from the counter, and he noticed that everyone was looking at him.

Bob thought, 'The clearly overheard the conversation. If I am not careful, this situation could lead to trouble. I need to defuse the situation, and talk them down.'

Bob said, in a calm tone of voice, “Hello everyone. My name is Bob. I am I am sure some of you think I am lying. I am sure some of you think I might be telling the truth, and you think that I might be able to cure you. Or, give you more control. I could guess how much loss of control you have, with the change being triggered by water. There is good news on that. Given my genetic background, that is a possibility. Though, don't get your hopes up. So, what do you want to talk about, while we wait for the bartender to get back with her items?”

From the adults sitting in chairs, at the tables, in the room, one of the women asked, “What is your Earth like?”

Bob answered, “Basically, like this Earth, only a few years ago. And no mass gender bending. That being said. There are some gender benders, and we do have some aliens living and breeding with humanity.”

One of the men inquired, “You have aliens on your world?”

Bob stated, “Yea. But, most of the human population doesn't know about them. Even thought some of the population are descended by aliens... Myself included. Though, the two aliens were great-grandparents, on separate sides of my family. As far as I know, the rest of my ancestors are human. And I didn't learn about the aliens being on Earth, until by accident, when I was eighteen years old. Long story on that adventure.”

“And while you are gender benders. I am part alien. I have two alien ancestors from two different alien species. Now, here is the interesting part. I know someone, a distant relative, with the same genetic mix as myself. And this person's alien genes are active. Thus allow this person can change genders, in an instant. Such as yourselves. Only this persons trigger to change genders is not water temperature.”

One of the men asked, “Can you change genders as well?”

Bob stated, “No. I cannot do that. But, the genetic code to do it is in my chromosomes. It is just not active. You could say I am a latent gender bender. That is why I said there was hope for you.”

One of the women asked, “How do your relative trigger the gender change, for shklee?”

Bob raised an eyebrow, as he responded, “I see you have the Futurama series here, as well.”

Everyone laughed, at Bob's comment, for a few seconds, including Bob.

As everyone calmed down, Bob thought, 'Shklee. is a gender neutral pronoun created by the creators of Futurama. Though, I do need to answer her question?'

Bob said, “Well, to answer your question. The trigger is sneezing.”

One of the men commented, “Interesting. Water was the original trigger for us. ”

Bob questioned, “So, you didn't change immediately, when you were infected with the virus, I just heard about?”

One of the women said, “No. Which was fortunate for those women that were pregnant at the time of the change. Though, we later found out that pregnancy locks the change for anyone that gets knocked up.”

Bob commented, “That is comforting.”

The same man agreed, “Yes, it is. And sneezing would be so much more welcome option as a trigger. With the control of the change being internal, instead of external. So, have you been to other realities?”

Bob stated, “Yes. I have been traveling the multiverse for years.”

One of the women skeptically questioned, “You expect us to believe this?”

Bob countered, “You are one to talk. You are are all the ones swapping genders.”

The others adults in the room laughed, for a few seconds.

As they calmed down, one of the other women commented, “This must be very weird for you.”

Bob said, “I will say this is going into the top five list, on weirdest experiences in my life. Still. Listen. All of us. You, me, everyone else. We are all just people trying to get by in our lives. I understand that. I hope you all do too.”

Many of those present nodded, while a woman complimented, “Those are wise words.”

Bob requested, “Thank you. Now, if you don't mind, I would like you all to get pull your cellphones, to video tape this, and post this to the internet immediately afterward.”

One of the men inquired, “You want use to video tape you.”

Bob replied, “Of course. That way the government cannot just disappear me. I am going to have to call them. But, that does not mean that I don't intend to have some insurance. Just in case.”

As the men and women pulled out their cellphones, one of the women complimented, “Good thinking.'

Just then, the bartender walked out with a towel over her right shoulder, a large bowl under her right arm, while she held a pitcher of liquid in each of her hands.

Bob and the other adults in the room, turned back to look at the bartender.

By then, the bartender has reached the bar counter, where Bob was at. She set the pitches down on the counter, near Bob. Bob saw both were full of water. One was steaming. While the other was full of ice.

The bartender then set the towel next to the pitchers, while she set the large bowl right in front of Bob.

The bartender warned, “If this is a joke, I am going to hurt you.”

Bob replied, “Don't worry. It is not. As long as wetting my head enough proof.”

The bartender said, “It should be. Just wetting my one my hands is enough to trigger the change for me.”

Bob replied, “Good.”

Bob took off his hat and sunglasses. He laid them nearby, on the counter.

Bob looked over at the people, as he asked, “Ready.”

The people held their cellphones toward Bob, already recording.

Bob said, “I will take that as a, yes.”

The bartender said, “Which one do you want, first?”

Bob turned back towards the counter, as he answered, “Hot first.”

Bob got up from his seat. He then fully lean down, at his waist, with his head being held right over the large bowl.

The bartender requested, “Let me know when you are ready.”

Bob closed his eyes, as he said, “Ready.”

The bartender pours the hot water over the back of his head. The water ran down his face and into the bowl.

The bartender then set the pitch down, and grabbed the towel. She dried the back of Bob's head. She then let go of the towel, as Bob gripped it, and as he leaned up, while continue using the towel to dry his head, as he leaned up, and faced the her.

Bob opened his eyes, as he looked at the bartender.

Bob soon finished drying himself off. He set the towel by him, on the counter. He then turned to the bartender, as he said, “You can now gently test my beard.”

The bartender lightly pulled on his beard. With Bob's beard holding on his face.

The bartender then let go.

Bob then turned to face the other adults, and the cellphone cameras, to prove he was still a guy. He said, “I am still a guy.”

Bob then turned and leaded his head back over the bowl.

The bartender picked up the pitcher of ice and cold water.

Bob closed his eyes, as he said, “Ready.”

The bartender poured it over his head, and she saw it did not change him.

Bob grabbed the towel, and dried himself off.

As Bob leaned up, he opened his eyes.

At this happened, the bartender saw that Bob still had his beard.

Bob set the town back down on the counter. Next, he nodded once towards the bartender.

The bartender gently pulled at Bob's beard. And the beard still held. She then let go of Bob's beard.

The bartender stated, “I can confirm that you did not.”

Bob cracked a grin, as he stated, “Thank you. And that ice water can wake you up.”

Bob turned to face the cameras. He said, “I think you have seen enough. And you might want to start uploading the videos now. I will be calling the police soon. To start the ball rolling. If any of you want to leave. Now, would be a good time.”

The customers worked on their cellphones to upload their videos of Bob, while Bob turned to face the bartender.

The bartender said, “Oh lord. You really are not infected.”

Bob said, “I wouldn't celebrate just yet.”

Bob held up his bandaged right hand.

The bartender asked, with worry in her tone of voice, “How did you get that wound?”

Bob answered, “I got jumped by a gang of teenagers, earlier. One of the girls bit me. I am guessing that I was infected with the virus, but given my odd genetic quarks, I might be immune.”

The bartender stated, “There has been no reported cases of immunity.”

Bob cracked a grin, as he said, “There is always a first time for everything. Do you have a phone. I need to call the police now, and start setting things in motion.”

The bartender grabbed the cordless phone, that was under the bar counter, and off the hook. She handed it to Bob.

Bob gently took the phone. He then dialed nine one one, and emergency number. He held up the phone to his right ear, as he looked up at the bartender. While he heard the rings of the phone, he asked, “Thank you. Is the CDC based in the Atlanta?” He thought, 'The Center for Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC, would be likely where I end up. So, knowing where it is, in this reality, would be a good idea.'

The bartender answered, “Yes. Why?”

Bob responded, “Good. That means I won't be leaving town. By the way, what is the address to this bar?”

The bartender told him.

Bob said, “Thank you.”

A second later, the other end of the line picked up, and a female voice said, “Nine one one emergency. What is can we do for you?”

Bob calmly stated, “First, this is not an emergency. Nor, is this a trick. My name is, Bob. I am from another reality. I believe I am immune to the gender changing virus that has effected humanity here. I can prove this. And this was the easiest way to start the ball rolling on talking to those I need to talk too.”

“I am humbly requesting, at your earliest convenience, for you to please send a police officer to can pick me up. The address is...” Bob gave her the address.

The woman on the other end replied, “We will send a car for you.”

Bob replied, “Thank you. I will be waiting here for your officer to show up.”

Bob then hung up the phone, and he handed it to the bartender. As he did so, he requested, “You might want to empty out the bowl, and get some more pitchers of hot and cold water for the police officer coming for me.”

A few seconds later, after the bartender gently took the phone from Bob's hand, she agreed, “That is a wise idea.”

The bartender then set her phone on the underside of the counter. Next, she put the two pitchers into the large bowl full of water, and took all those items with her, to the back.

Bob then took off his took off his necklace, pulled out his reality device from his one of his front pants pocket, and he placed both items in the inside pockets of his coat.

Bob then took off his leather satchel and his coat. He neatly folded his coat. He set the coat, and leather satchel, on the bar counter by his sunglasses and hat.

Bob took off his gunbelt, with his holstered pistol, and set it in the on top of his coat. He then pulled out his folded boot knife, from his right boot, and set it on his coat.

Bob thought, 'For my plan to work. It is best not to do anything threatening. And having disarmed myself, would be the best course of action. Now, to wait for the police. And hope that my plan works. Or, I am dead, or worse.'

(_)

Twenty minutes later, a police officer entered the bar.

Bob greeter her. The bartender then helped Bob with the hot water and cold water test to prove to the police officer that he was not effected by the virus.

This surprised the police woman. Though, after the police officer found out that Bob did not change, she was very open to Bob's requests, in seeking medical help.

(_)

The next week was interesting for Bob.

Fortunately, the police office that had met with Bob, in the bar, did not place Bob under arrest. Though, the police officer did collect Bob's personal items. And the police officer took Bob to a nearby hospital.

When Bob and the police officer reached the hospital, the medical staff there used hot and cold water, on Bob, to confirm Bob did not change gender.

Bob then allowed the medical staff then draw some blood from him, tests.

Next, they put him in an isolation cell, with a separate air and water supplies. The cell had bed, toilet, shelves, chair, desk, and a shower, along with TV, computer, and computer peripherals. Both the TV and computer were both hooked to high speed internet connections.

Bob was given canned food, with a can opener, cups, disposable towels and clothes, filtered water, sheets, toiletries, and medical scrubs for clothing, so he would not dirty his own clothing while he was in isolation.

Along with this, the medical staff, whom checked on Bob, honored Bob's request not to destroy his clothing, nor belongings. Though, this was mostly do to the short duration that the gender bending virus had on dry surfaces.

To help prevent the risk of further exposure, Bob dumped his medical scrubs and sheets, into a box that would be later collected, after he left. And such replacement items were sterilized before he was given the items.

The isolation cell had a large, see through window, and intercom. There was a curtain on his side of the cell, that allowed him privacy.

The authorities did request that he not use the internet to contact people. And he respected their request, with him only using the internet to surf, for entertainment, and to learn the history and events in the world he found himself on. Though, Bob wisely stayed away from the pornographic websites. Given how gender bending had happened to everyone on the planet, he did not want to know what current porn content was like.

Soon after, Bob was taken to his isolation cell, Bob found, to his surprise, and delight, that the government authorities of this U.S. of the reality he found himself on, were both honorable and reasonable.

It also helped that he fully cooperated with them. He answered any questions they had for him. Save for one. What would be the initial trigger for his own gender bending genes. But, given the information the authorities were getting from Bob, they did not push that one matter.

The subjects that Bob told the authorities about, included his reality travel, and his odd family tree, with the gender bending abilities said alien genes could offer, but were dormant in him. Though, Bob did not go into detail about his friends, and those after him. But, he was vague about those details. And he did not provide their names, which those whom questioned him did not seem mind that he was vague on various details. Along as long as they had were about to have enough details to grasp the big picture.

After three days in isolation, Bob had showed no sides of gender bending illness.

Meanwhile, doctors continued to study his cells and DNA. While tests, that scanned his body, did confirm that he was physically human, there was alien DNA found in his cells.

The doctors studying his DNA were having the time of their lives as they mapped his genome.

On the fourth day of isolation, Bob showed no signs of the illness. And the doctors confirmed that his cells were immune to the gender changing virus.

This news made Bob very happy.

Unfortunately, the doctors also inform him that he was still a carrier for the disease. Though, the doctors also told him that the virus should be flushed from his body within a week, or so. As long as he was not exposed to it again. Two weeks, to play it safe.

If Bob was exposed to the virus, again. He would have to be isolated for another two weeks, until he would no longer be a carrier.

Given Bob did not want to be stranded in this reality. During this time, Bob shared his reality technology in a way that did not destroy his own reality device. Though, with the people of the planet still carriers of the gender bending virus, they could not leave. But, it did give them options when they finally could leave.

On the matter of the people were after him, the authorities did agree that it was best that he be allowed to travel to other realities, when he was no longer contagious. So, he would not accidentally lead others to the reality, and potentially create a gender bending pandemic across the multiverse.

A pandemic that could lead back to the Earth they were on, with possible disastrous consequences for humanity on the planet, by those that were infected in other realities.

In addition, Bob was informed that like the original cold virus, the gender bending virus only lived on dry surfacing for less than a day. This meant that Bob was allowed to keep his items, including his reality device, and clothing, with him, in his cell.

The exception being his weapons and ammo, which were kept in an airtight box nearby, for, when he was ready to leave.

Bob was more than willing to settle for this compromise.

During his time in his isolation cell, he also had the chance to talk to some oncologists, and cancer specialists, about Boris' cancer, and Boris' medication. He showed the cancer doctors the papers he had from Boris, through the cell window.

Unfortunately, the doctors informed him that there is nothing they can do with such a cancer that advanced so quickly.

Though, the did make a note of the chemical name of the medication that bought Boris ten years of living. And they told Bob they planned to look in seeing if that chemical already existed, or see if they could create it, as a form of cancer treatments.

For the doctors, even if it was not a cure, to have a medication that slowed cancer to a crawl, and did not have any side-effects, was worth looking into.

Bob wished them luck.

And so, Bob just did what he could, to kill time, until his two weeks of quarantine was up, and he could leave the reality he found himself in.

(_)

Eleven days after Bob first entered his isolation cell, it was ten five AM, in the morning.

In Bob's isolation cell, Bob was setting in hi cushioned chair, at the desk with the computer, computer monitor, computer mouse, and keyboard, on it.

Bob was surfing the web, and reading about himself. Most of the news was just rumors, with some talk of a possible cure, or doctors maybe figuring out more control over their gender abilities. But, he did hit the news in some places.

Most of the stories were about how Bob did not change from being a bearded man, when both hot and cold water were separately splashed on his head.

Bob thought, 'I do enjoy went a plan comes together. I am so happy I got those videos made, and posted onto the internet. Though, it is interesting that the authorities were no too upset about my getting those videos made and posted to the internet before I called the police. I guess they appreciate someone who likes to be show some intelligence.'

There was a buzz from the intercom.

Bob got up from his chair, and he walked over to the window, that was covered with a curtain on his side. He opened the curtain to see a slender, african american woman, with long, curly brown hair. She was in her late twenties, and she wore a lab coat, and lab slippers.

Bob smiled, as he thought, 'Ah. Doctor Ashley Cullen. The doctor assigned to me. She has a wonderful bedside demeanor.'

Bob press the button to turn on the intercom. Though, he did not have to hold it, to talk. He just press it to turn it on, or off.

Bob smiled at Ashley, as he greeted her, “Hello Doctor Cullen.”

Ashley commented, “Hello Bob. For a man trapped in a cell, you seem to be happy.”

Bob stated, “That is because I am exactly were I want to be. In a few days the virus should be flushed from my system, and I can leave this reality. Then, I can continue my journey to find a cure for my friend.”

Ashley stated, “Your mission is admirable. And your patience in being trapped in that cell, for that last week and a half, is commendable.”

Bob said, “Thank you. I do what I have to. So, I can leave this reality, while insuring I do not bring any dangerous viruses with me. So, what brings you here this early? I usually see you in the afternoon.”

Ashley cracked a grin, as she commented, “I have some interesting news you might want to hear about.”

Bob requested, “Okay. What is it?”

Ashley stated, “Last night, a teenager came into a hospital, in this city. It seems her gender change trigger is no longer different temperatures of water. And instead, she changes genders by another trigger.”

Bob thought, 'She has got to be the person that bit me. And it serves her right for biting me.' He rubbed his nearly healed right hand, as he continued his thought, 'At least my hand is almost completely healed.'

Bob said, “Let me guess. She now changes genders with a sneeze?”

Ashley happily replied, “Yep. I think it is academic that was the teenager that bit you. Though, we did check the bite marks against her teeth, and they match. Do you want to press charges?”

Bob answered, “No. She... he... whatever, will likely get into worse trouble, later on. There is no point, since I don't plan to be around for a trial. Let alone be on the witness stand.”

Ashley responded, “I will let the authorities know that you don't wish to press charges. Anyway, it seems that when the virus is introduced to your DNA, it changes the trigger for the gender, changing the trigger from water based, to sneeze based.”

Bob inquired, “How contiguous is this new variation of the virus?”

Ashley complimented, “Always asking the important questions, first. I like that about you, Bob. Well, to answer your question, because there girl had already had the original virus in her system, she displayed no symptoms that would make her contagious. Such a congestion, coughing, and sneezing often.”

“Just in case. We have her isolated until we are sure she will not accidentally spread this variation of the disease. She will likely be in isolation for a month. Still, the disease would likely be contagious for someone that has not had the original virus, and whom did not have your messed up gene pool.”

Bob commented, “You are one to talk.”

Ashley smiled, as she said, “Yea. I walked into that one.”

Bob inquired, “How strong is this new virus mutation? How contagious is it?”

Ashley answered, “This new virus mutation is likely a weaker virus, that would be less contagious. It would likely not go world wide as quickly as the virus we previously experienced.”

Bob said, “Sorry about creating a new virus for your people to deal with.”

Ashley responded, “Don't worry about it. Actually, your presence, and this new virus mutation, has just helped humanity on this planet. We can now change the trigger to sneezing. And we can do it by simply introducing your DNA into someone. No complicated gene therapy needed. This will lead to better control of our gender abilities, and help all of humanity, here, on this planet.”

Bob smiled, as he said, “When you put it that way. I feel better about the matter. And it is always nice to help.”

Ashley agreed, “True. And your partly alien genome is interesting. The virus cannot affect you because the same parts of the genes that the virus changes are already changed for you. The difference is that your gender abilities are not active.”

Bob theorized, “Sort of like trying to add a light switch to an electrical box that already has a different light switch that is not fully hooked up yet.”

Ashley replied, “Something like that. Still, you refuse to tell use the initial trigger to turn on your genes, to make you a gender bender, as well.”

Bob stated, “It is not that I don't trust you, Doctor Cullen. It is just that I don't want to tempt you. And I like being a guy. And I personally know people that had their gender bent and it really messed their personalities. I do not want that to happen to me.”

Ashley replied, “That is understandable.”

Bob inquired, “Doctor Cullen, do you have time to answer some questions, I have?”

Ashley responded, “Sure. Ask away.”

Bob asked, “I already talked to a bartender, about the matter, when I first got here. But, I was wondering, if I could get this question answered by a medical professional in the field. Has anyone else been was found to be immune to this gender bending virus.”

Ashley said, “No. You are the only one.”

Bob replied, “That is sad to hear.”

Ashley stated, “On the contrary. That is not sad at all. Because there are no outcasts, due to none of us being immune to the gender bending virus.”

Bob admitted, “I can see your point. I read that the virus hit twenty years ago. Is that true?”

Ashley replied, “Yes. It is a date that those of us that were alive then, are likely to never forget.”

Bob said, “I see. Also, have any animals, or planets, been affected by the virus?”

Ashley answered, “No. Only humans have been affected.”

Bob questioned, “Another thing I noticed was that I only saw women at work. What is up with that?”

Ashley explained, “Barring a few exceptions, everyone is expected to go to work as women. Because everyone here can change genders. This requirement is viewed not as discriminatory, because everyone can follow it, and they are still included in employment, as long as they follow the gender requirements, and have the qualifications of the jobs they seek.”

Bob questioned, “I can see the logic in that. Though, are there any exceptions to those rules?”

Ashley answered, “Yes. One such exception are labor intensive jobs, such as steal construction and firefighting. In which case, those employed as expected to work as men. The one exception to employment with mixed genders is the military, because people cannot control the environment they will be fighting in.”

Bob asked, “I bet that made military warfare more interesting.”

Ashley answered, “Not really. Except for guerrilla warfare. Where some fighters used the fact that everyone now has two forms, and body looks, to their advantage.”

“When the virus first hit, for most militaries, most, if not all, of their front line troops. That the various governments of the world spent years and money, to train and equipment. Were originally men. And suddenly, with the virus, the individuals would turn into women due to a rain storm. Gender requirements, on which gender, could be in which role, was immediately relaxed out of necessity, and practicality.”

“And this change eventually rolled over into a change in regulations, to where, as long as the person could handle the training, discipline, and work load, then that individual could have attain any position in the military, no matter which gender they were originally born as.”

Bob commented, “Interesting. Though, given you can change gender. Being made to come into work, every day, as the same gender, must get annoying, after a while.”

Ashley responded, “Not really. I mean, take myself, for an example. Employees here at the hospital all have to work as women. Myself included. Some surgeons prefer to work as women because their fingers are smaller, and it is easier for them to do more delicate work.”

Bob said, “I will concede that point, when it comes to surgery, and other delicate work that takes articulation and dexterity of the fingers. So, what about schools? Are they female only, as well.”

Ashley stated, “There were plans, but word got out, and there were massive protests. With those protesting, saying that by not to letting children grow up as their natural gender, the school system could cause the children to have developmental problems in their personalities.”

“As such, schools are, for the most part, still mixed gendered. But, teachers and faculty are expected to work as women, except for physical education coaches. The P.E. coaches are expected to be the same gender as the students they teach at that time. In some cases, P.E. coaches have change gender after every school period.”

Bob inquired, “So, you still have gender segregated school sports?”

Ashley answered, “Yes. We still have some male sports, such as football. This is due to the fact that women's breasts are sensitive, and getting hit in the chest hurts at lot. Being hit there is almost as painful as being kicked in the groin as a man. Though, getting kicked in the groin as a women is painful, as well. I have had the unfortunate displeasure of experiencing all three types of these injuries.”

Bob commented, “You have my sympathies.”

Ashley responded, “Thank you. We also still have cheer leading, which is female only.”

“Other sports are mostly female only. Except for water based sports, for obvious reasons. This is mostly due to budgetary issues. It is just cheaper to have to pay to fund one gender league per sport, instead of two gender leagues of the same sport. Though, all students have the option of trying out for any of these sports. They just have to be willing to play in the gender required for said sport.”

Bob said, “Though, twisted as that is. That does make some sense. Back to employment issues in the office. I doubt having all female staff solved sexual relationships in the workplace.”

Ashley said, “No. It did not. In some ways, the rule made things worse. Especially, during certain times of the month, where everyone one in an office had the same problem, and we were all grouchy.”

Bob thought with mild amusement, 'I think this is the only time of my life I am actually interested in hearing a women talk about her feminine hygiene problems. Because my twisted interest in the bizarre overshadows my natural disgust as a man, on hearing such womanly problems.'

Bob asked, “So, your monthly cycle doesn't reset every time you switch back and forth?”

Ashley sighed. She then commented, “We wish. Changing into a guy only delays the cycle moving forward. Changing back into a girl just causes the cycle to go back to marching forward. It also locks us as female during that time of the month, not matter which gender we originally were. And do the closeness of everyone, as women, our pheromones can cause our monthly cycles to sync up.”

“In addition, with no men to bitch at for not understanding us, it makes things interesting for all of us. And not in a good way.”

Bob said, “I am honestly not sure out to respond to you commented.”

Ashley giggled for a few seconds. She replied, “I am not surprised.”

Bob inquired, “So, were you alive during the original outbreak of the gender bending virus? No offense. But, you look enough to remember the original outbreak of the gender bending virus.”

Ashley responded, “No offense taken. And yes. I was alive, then. And I do remember what happened.”

“I was a child when the change outbreak hit. Learning to pee, in a different way, was interesting.”

“Later on, when I entered puberty, it was interesting in school, when students started locking due to their periods. Sex Eduction was very interesting. Instead of it being, this is your body and you. It became, these are your genders and you.”

“For example, knowing how one's monthly cycle, hygiene in both gender forms, and how switching genders during masturbation, or sex, without being careful, can lead to accidental self-impregnation. Incest is very bad, and it is really bad if it the mother and father is the same person. This is one of the few reasons abortion is still legal. Though, it is restricted to three months pregnant, or less. Barring very few exceptions.”

Bob commented, “Yes. I can see your point. And I do not think I want to know anymore of the details on those courses.”

Ashley shrugged, as she replied, “And I don't blame you for not wanting to know. Given your preference to stay male, I am surprised that you are willing to listen to what I am telling you.”

Bob stated, “Well, for myself, this is a once in a lifetime event to learn how, for a culture, for humanity, on an entire alternate Earth, learned to deal with having gained the ability to change genders completely back and forth, at their discretion. And I have the undivided attention of someone on the ground. You, Doctor Cullen. That I could plainly speak to about it. Now, please continued.”

Ashley responded, “I am glad you feel that way. Back to our conversation, you may find it interesting, that now, since everyone goes through monthly periods, no one gets any slack, or time off for it. Nor, do they get any real slack for problems that can cropped up before, during, or after that time of the month. Such as PMS. Unlike before the virus, when men would give women time off for such problems.”

Bob commented, “That is ironic. I guess the saying is true. Be careful what you wish for. I am sure women since the dawn of time wished that men had those problems, so the men would understand what the women went thought. Now, they got their wish, and those that were originally women get no sympathy anymore.”

Ashley agreed, “Yes. That is exactly what happened.”

Bob inquired, “On a similar matter. I heard that gender benders here, lock as women, during pregnancy? Is that true?”

Ashley replied, “Yes. We do, no matter what our original gender is.”

Bob inquired, “I bet that is a relief. What about birth control?”

Ashley answered, “Changing back and forth messes with birth control pills and medicine that help control, or stop one's monthly cycle, to the point the medications don't work. Or, at the very least, the medications are no longer reliable. Right now, a condom is the only thing that is reliable, when it comes to birth control. Because no one wants to risk changing into a man with diaphragm, or spermicide, or something else that goes into a woman's reproductive parts, for times outside their periods.”

“There have been cases where a people, as women changed into a men with those things inside them. In most cases, the change causes those items to push out of the body, and anything else, as the vaginal walls collapse from the inside, to the outside. But, sometimes the change causes the them to be sealed inside the body.”

“In the case of a diaphragm, during a change from woman to man, the with the diaphragm still inside, diaphragm can somethings still in the body, internally. And not pushed out. To make matters worse, the item has float a little bit in the body, while a man. And when the person changes back into a woman, the diaphragm is not in the vagina. This usually requires surgery to remove.”

“On a side note, breast implant remove was big business for a few years after the change. Also, on spermicide, the chemicals in that formula can cause a serious allergic reaction, if the amount that is usually inject into a woman's vagina is dumped into the bloodstream. But, that can be treated with steroids and other medications, until the chemicals are flushed out of the body.”

“And went it comes to chemicals being dumped into the bloodstream. It is a question of how fast that person can get medical attention. And even there, it is a gamble as to how their long term health will be effect.”

“The only reason women still use tampons is because they lock during their periods, and there is no fear of changing back by accidental exposure to the water at the wrong temperature. Some women even take being locked as female at such times of the month as an opportunity to immerse themselves in water of the temperatures that would usually change them into a man. Those that were originally women, enjoy a swim in cool water as women. Those that were originally men, enjoy a hot tub, or shower as women.”

“And before you ask, there have been no known cases of a guy getting his penis stuck in his female partner, if said female partner was accidentally changed during intercourse, while the male partner had not pulled out first… That is just an urban myth. The penis is always pushed out.”

Bob thought, 'That is interesting to know.' He asked, “Okay. That covers the biology questions. Now, let us discuss the social issues. How do divorce courts, and child support laws work now?”

Ashley explained, “For obvious reasons, divorce courts are now gender neutral. Alimony has been abolished. Though, child support laws are still mostly the same. Though, it is rarer for the mother of the child to gets the child and screw over the father in the wallet. No matter which gender the two people in question were in they were born. And when it comes to casual custody issues, rulings have become more fair, in that both parents are allowed to raise the child.”

Bob said, “I guess some things changed for the better. Though, I figure after the change, there was a lot of problems with couples worrying about the partner's cheating.”

Ashley let out a breath. She then said, “Oh lord. Where do I start on that? Before the change, heterosexual spouses were not worried about their partners going with their same sex friends of the same gender as their partner. Because most of them did not swing that way. After the change, everything was put into question. Since everyone could swap genders with water, and their new gender tended be an attractive gender bent...”

Bob spoke up, “You have the Tvtropes website here?”

Ashley admitted, “Yes. We understand our situation, in many ways. Also, the gender changing also redefined romance and love triangle movies. And don't ask about what happened to the porn industry, after the change. It would probably warp your mind.”

Bob replied, “I know better than to ask about such matters. Anyway, you were saying?”

Ashley stated, “Well, while the opposite gender than the gender they were born with, is usually more attractive. It is not by much. Still, with everyone being able to swap genders, and their new genders being a bet sexier than their original form, this greatly increased the chance for cheating.”

“And there was a lot of cases of people leaving their spouses for their best friends. The divorce courts were overloaded for a few years. But, things settled out with a new ground rule for spouses. It was a simple rule, they would share their friends, most time in platonic ways. But, three ways in the bedroom have become more common. The logic being that it is not really cheating if the couple is sleeping with the third party, together.”

Bob commented, “While, I can see your point of view. I don't really fully agree on that matter. Though, I guess everyone in this world is now bi-sexual?”

Ashley responded, “No. Most people prefer to live as one gender, or the other. Outside of work, or biological functions. And most people are either naturally attracted to men, or women. Not both. In most cases, relationships usually only work out when a person is with someone else, where both are attracted to the gender their partner prefers to live in most of the time.”

“The concept of, husband and wife, still exist here.”

“But, there are a lot of bi-curious people out there. And just because a person prefers one way, does mean they won't try the other ways.”

“For example, a number of those that live as men, at least outside of work, most of the time, have been pregnant, and given birth to children. Sometimes a couple will each get pregnant, and father each others, child at the same time. With them both going through pregnancy and birth, together.”

Bob mentioned, “I know of some similar cases in the multiverse, where that has happened to people.”

Ashley stated, “That is not surprising. When the couple do that, the shared experience usually brings the couple's relationship closer together. On a side note, strangely, the single parent rate has gone down greatly. And there was not a baby boom because the men turned women. At least not at first. No one wanted to risk getting pregnant, until they were sure they would not change during the pregnancy.”

Bob commented, “People can be surprisingly responsible when it is their own ass on the line. Still, I wonder. When a baby is born, can they already change? And how do you know which way the virus will effect them?”

Ashley answered, “To your first question. The answer is, yes. All human babies are born infected with the virus. And due to amniotic fluid being warm, when the baby is born one gender, they will change to the other gender, when they are hit with cold water.”

Bob asked, “What about the abortion debate? You said it was still legal, but with restriction.”

Ashley stated, “Yes. I did say that. And the abortion debate has only gotten more heated over the years. Along with the PMS and monthly periods, abortion is another issue that things have changed. Before the change, pro-choice women used the argument that since only women can get pregnant, they should make the call. But, after the virus hit, everyone can get pregnant, that argument died a quick death.”

“And pro-choice people thought that with everyone now being able to get pregnant, that legalized abortion would finally be unquestionably set in stone. The reverse happened. The members of the pro-life movement pointed out that since everyone can get pregnant, everyone should be responsible for not getting pregnant, and not be allowed to kill their child for their own irresponsibility.”

Bob admitted, “I have always leaned more towards life than death. But, I can see both points of view. Now, what happened to politics and political scandals? I am only imagine how through gender bending into the mix has cause some chaos on those issues.”

Ashley said, “Like everything else, when it politics, and political scandal, things got strange. The government is more conservative, though, mostly from budgetary standpoints. Everyone had to realign their social opinions after the change. But, when it comes money, we finally have a balanced budget on capital hill, with fairer tax laws.”

Bob chuckled. He then commented, “Damn. If I do end up stuck here, at least some things are looking up here.”

Ashley agreed, “True. The conservative movement had a major boost from two incidents. These incidents causing the liberal party to self-destruct. Conservatives tend to be prudes. And we still have the internet to sidestep the gatekeeper media. And that kept most them out of trouble on capital hill.”

“On the other hand, liberals love sex, and they got themselves into a lot of trouble. The combination of political power, plus the change offering new sexual experiences for the liberal power players on capital hill was too much for them to not try.”

“There was a major scandal where several powerful lobbyists, powerful entertainment members, high profile members of the press, senior politicians, and several high ranking members of the liberal party were caught in probably the most twisted orgy imaginable. And someone video taped event. And soon after the event was over, someone torrented the event onto the internet.”

Bob inquired, “Was it a honey pot?”

Ashley stated, “It very likely was. But, there was no proof either way. I have seen the video, myself. They set up a hot tub, and a cold pool near each other. Surrounded by couches and beds. And there were drugs and sex toys. They did everything conceivable, in every position, and gender combination possible for those that can change gender.”

“The acts on the video were so raunchy and over the top that it forced several resignations from the liberal power players across the field. And in the next elections, the people, whom were also having to deal with their own problems with changing genders, would have none of it.

Bob said, “They were in no mood for games.”

Ashley commented, “Exactly. Though, nowadays it is easy to tell which politicians are sleeping with their interns. They are the ones that make their interns all be one gender or the other, depending on their tastes.”

Bob let out a laugh. He then said, “I can actually see that.”

Ashley responded, “So, can most people. Also, most conservatives actually were against the same sex employment issues we now have. And their political representatives don't care what gender their interns are. It has became a bit of an issue on capital hill.”

Bob replied, “I can see why. And what about the second incident?”

Ashley answered, “The second incident dealt with affirmative actions laws. As a african american, I find what my race did during that time offensive. After the change, those originally born white men challenged the affirmative action laws, stating that because they could turn into women now, they should be protected by said laws. And they found a federal judge to agree with them.”

Bob could not help, but crack a grin, as he said, “Oh, I know where this is going.”

Ashley responded, “Yes. I guess you would. As I am sure you know, being a white man in America, white men had, for the last several decades, but the whipping boy for the minority groups. They were blamed for all the problems in the nation. And the minority groups realized if the new affirmative actions ruling, that included those born as white men, was allowed to stand, they would lose much of their power and clout.”

“So, the minority groups fought it. First, they tried to have the affirmative action laws amended to where women were no longer protected. This pissed off the feminist movement.”

Bob commented, “That must have been a nasty political fight.”

Ashley stated, “Oh. It was. Keep in mind, this was at a time when the feminist movement was having their own major problems to deal with. The whole point of the feminist movement was to politically attack men, to the benefit of women. But, with everyone being able to change into a women, and having to deal with womanly problems, the feminists no longer had any enemy to attack. And since everyone could turn into a woman, they was no point to the feminist movement.”

“And with more and more businesses making working as female in the workplace mandatory, the feminists had lost their power with businesses, through sexual harassment laws, and lawsuits. Though, the feminists where not about to let what little power they had left be taken away from them. This caused a massive internal political civil war within the liberal party.”

“Eventually, both sides decided to challenge the court ruling, by stating that those born white men were not womanly enough to be protected by affirmative action laws. Both sides fought the matter, all the way to the U.S. supreme court.”

“But, the lawyer for those both white men pulled a hilarious ace up her sleeve. The lawyer that representing those born white men has been born a white man herself.”

“She presented her case to the supreme court justices as a woman, while being six months pregnant.”

“The challenging lawyer stated that she was willing to present future evidence for her side. That evidence being she was planning to video tape herself giving birth to her child. And that being pregnant, and this future video. Which she did make. Was enough proof that she was feminine enough to be considered a woman. The lawyer killed the other side's argument right then and there.”

“The decision was nine to zero for those both as white men, now that they could turn into biologically functioning women, were protected under affirmative actions laws. This defeat politically killed another part of the liberal party.”

“Other parts of the liberal party that willingly fell apart, on their own, were the homosexual and transgender movements.”

“Homosexuals and transgender political movements fell apart for the obvious reason that no one bats an eye anymore at one person living at the gender opposite to their birth, nor does anyone care anymore about same sex relationships, considering that could be the case for any couple, depending if they are hit by water of certain temperature.”

“Though, members of both groups considered the change a victory for them, and they had moved on with their lives. And they still celebrate the anniversary of when the virus was first publicly reported.”

Bob asked, “It is nice that the members of both homosexual and transgender movements realized that they were no longer needed, in a good way. And they let their movements die out. Though, I wonder, what about intersex people, and people born with chromosomal issues?”

Ashley answered, “Well, for lack of a better term. When one is infected with the virus, the virus actually cures intersex and chromosomal problems. And not just gender related chromosomal issues. Including, many cancers. But, it is not worth it, as a cure for your friend's cancer.'

Bob thought, 'The virus might cure Boris' cancer. But, it is not worth the risk to the rest of the multiverse. And I am sure that Boris would agree with us.' He said, “I agree. Please, continue.”

Ashley said, “For those that were intersex. After the person got the virus and after they were eventually splashed with water, it trigger change to healthy, single gendered bodies.”

“It is interesting, in all these cases dealing with intersex people, cold water changed them in fully functional women, and hot water changed them into fully functional men. It did not matter if they were first splashed with hot or cold water. The gender was still set for cold for female, and hot for male. Most of the people were happy, and did not complain. The others did not complain much because they could now have children.”

Bob commented, “Well, the original curse was meant to change the person female. So, that could be the reason for this.”

Ashley stated, “That is very possible. And yes. We all know about Jusenkyo curses. Soon after the original outbreak, the cursed springs was sealed off, and studied, by the Chinese government.”

Bob inquired, “That is understandable. By the way, what happened to your Ranma?”

Ashley said, “Due to all the notoriety that Ranma got, after the original outbreak. Ranma went into hiding. Though, as far as I know. Barring a few individuals. No one blamed Ranma for the outbreak. And our Ranma is fine.”

Bob commented, “That is good to know.” He thought, 'I hope Doctor Cullen is correct, and this world's Ranma is alright. This sort of event was likely an accident. And therefore, it was not Ranma's fault.'

Ashley stated, “Yes. It is. On a side note, those with damaged genitalia, or reproductive organs, before being originally infected and changed, had their equivalent genitalia and reproductive organs of the opposite gender restored. But, the change did not restore their original genitalia and reproductive organs.”

Bob asked, “That is all nice to know. Better to have something, than nothing at all. How bad was the suicide rate during the mass change?”

Ashley commented, “Actually, very low. Since everyone was going through it, there was a sense of togetherness, for everyone on the issue.”

Bob mused, as he said, “I can actually see that.” He then questioned, in a more straightforward, though polite manner, “And what about the welfare systems?”

Ashley responded, “There have been some changes made to the welfare system. With pregnancy swinging back to being the responsibility of the female partner. Outside of child support laws, welfare mothers are quickly becoming a things of the past. And even then, child support laws have become much more fairer to both parents.”

Bob inquired, “I guess those changes would be expected. How about gun politics?”

Ashley answered, “The pro-gun movement was able to get a concealed weapons law passed at the national level. This was due when the pro-gun movement pointing out that anyone, if splashed by either hot or cold water, could be turned into a woman against their will, making them physically weaker, in most cases. And that a would be rapist could simply ambush anyone, with a splash of water, and more likely rape their vicitm. The bill was one of the few times, where there were enough votes in congress and the senate to where it overrode a presidential veto, and became law.”

Bob commented, “That is interesting use of fear tactics push forward with a political agenda. Now, what about religion?”

Ashley quietly said, “Let's just say the middle east, and several asian nations, had a lot of problems. And leave it at that. Though, most people across the world just agreed when it came to roles in the family, that people needed be more flexible.”

Bob said, “No argument there. After your people's mass gender change, I guess for you, all gender roles are now questionable.”

Ashley responded, “Yes. They are. By the way, we were not sure if you wanted to know. But, we found your counterpart in this reality.”

Bob said, with interest in his tone of voice, “That is something I do want to know.”

Ashley smiled, as she replied, “Good.”

Bob inquired, “So, how is my counterpart?”

Ashley coyly answered, “Fine. And living in Aspen Colorado. Like you said you were, from on your own Earth. Your counterpart is married, with four children.”

Bob said, “Personally, I never really planned on fathering any children. But, that was before I met a woman that liked me, and whom would not likely stab me in the back with child support laws, when it suited her.”

Ashley smirked, “Actually, your counterpart was the spouse in the marriage that gave birth to three children. Her spouse gave birth to the other child.”

Ashley laughed, while she watched behind the glass, as Bob did a double-take.

A few seconds later, as Bob collected him, he said, “Well. That is a surprising. I do not see how I would ever want to be a woman. Let alone want to get pregnant, even once. And certainly not give birth to three children.”

By then, Ashley had started to calmed down. Though, she still grinned mischievously. She responded, “Don't knock it until you have tried it. I was originally born male. I am happily married. I have been pregnant on two separate occasions. And I naturally gave birth both times. Both pregnancies had its ups and downs. And the births were painful. But, both times, I felt it was worth it.”

“Even my spouse, whom was ironically born female, though he is very masculine in personality all the time. Even when locked as a woman, during her period. As a woman, she has been pregnant, and she gave birth to our third child. And he said the experience was worth going through.”

Bob commented, “Your spouse must love you very much.”

Ashley's smile became warmer, as she said, “Yes. He does. And I feel the same way about him. Now, you do have the dormant ability to become a female. So, you can go through this. If you wanted too. Honestly, you are missing out on a lot by not activating your gender bending abilities. If anything else, even having to deal with monthly periods is a small tradeoff to some of the perks. Such as multiple orgasms. Which are very fun. So, there other are nice tradeoffs in having such abilities.”

Bob thought, 'And that comment is exactly why I won't tell any of you the trigger to activate my dormant, alien genes. I guess it is only natural that some people, after having become gender benders, and liking the results, would have no problem doing the same to other people. With them thinking they are doing their victims a favor. But, I am sure these sentiments only come from a small minority of gender benders... I hope.'

Bob said, “Please, don't take this the wrong way. But, I will just take your word for all that. I like being male, and I intend to stay a man.”

Ashley shrugged, as she replied, “Your life.”

Bob asked, “Yes. It is. Still, I have to ask. If for any other reason than peace of mind. Was my counterpart born male? Or female? What name does my female counterpart go by?”

Ashley answered, “Your counterpart was born male, and she goes by the name, Bobby. Her name is spelled with a male, y, at the end, instead of the female, ie, at the end.”

Bob commented, “I guess, when you gender benders pick a name, you stick to it.”

Ashley giggled. She stated, “I was lucky. Ashley works as both male and female. But, most people no longer really care any more about such matters as gender appropriate names. If a person is known as John as a man, she goes as John as a woman. Though, most parents are nowadays picking gender neutral names for their children.”

Bob said, “That is understandable.” He then continued, in a concerned tone of voice, “Does Bobby know about me?”

Ashley offered, “No. Would you like us to inform her of your existence?”

Bob stated, “No. For two reasons. One, I am not staying. And I do not want her to have to wonder, for likely the rest of her life, about the fact that there is a relative, that is basically her twin, that she knows about, whom she will never meet for the rest of her life. And two, I do not want to complicate her life with my own problems.”

Ashley commented, “That is commendable. Sad. But, commendable. And I will respect your wishes.”

Bob responded, “Thank you. I am glad you respect my reasons, and my requests.”

Ashley said, with a slight grin on her lips, “Don't worry about it.”

Bob and Ashley then continued talking for a little while. Then Ashley left, and Bob went back to surfing the web on the computer in his room.

(_)

Three days later, it was morning as Bob laying on his bed, in his isolation cell.

Bob smiled to himself, as he thought, 'I should be leaving tomorrow. The bio-sensors on the reality device says I am already clean, and so is my my clothing, and equipment. But, I want to give it one more day. Just to play it safe. Then, I can resume my journey.'

Suddenly, there was a buzz from the intercom.

Bob got up from his bed, he walked over to the window, and he opened the curtain.

As he turned on the intercom, he looked outside to see Doctor Ashley Cullen, in her lab coat, and an older asian woman, in a U.S. military officer's uniform.

Bob saw the two stars on older woman's collar.

Bob thought, 'She is a two star general. Something wrong is going on here. I might as well ask what it is.'

Bob greeted them, in a polite tone of voice, “Hello ladies. What brings you here, this morning?”

The general answered, “Hello Bob. We have a serious problem that we believe you should be informed of.”

Bob commented, “This is the first time a two star general, or any general, for that matter, has come to see me. This is clearly important. So, please, let us get to the matter at hand.”

The general replied, “I admire a person that wants to cut to the chase. We have a video we need you to see. To confirm something.”

Bob requested, “Then, please show it.”

Ashley said, “It will be a moment, Bob.”

Bob responded, “Take you time. I am not in any rush.”

Ashley walked over, and brought a computer tablet with her. She held the screen up to the window of the isolation cell, to face Bob.

Bob saw on the screen, a colored video, in high resolution of a woman walking around the inside a mall, for a few minutes. She then literally disappear from sight.

Bob immediately recognized that woman. Bob mentally screamed, “Oh crap! It is Nechla Geeze!... Well, it could be worse. At least it is not Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer. They likely know better than to follow someone this far out into the multiverse.'

The general asked, in a direct tone of voice, “This woman was here for a few hours. Then, she disappeared. Do you know this woman?”

Bob turned to the general, as he stated, “Yes. Her name is Nechla Geeze. She is an alien police officer from my home reality. I do not know how she got the reality technology to follow me. But, she may have just royally screwed over the Milky Way Galaxy of my home reality. Because chances are she is infected. And she is based on an alien world that acts as the governmental seat for an entire galaxy spanning alien nation. Though, humanity on my Earth has no clue, for the most part, that aliens exist.”

The general quietly said, “I see.”

Ashley locked the computer tablet, as she turned to the general. She commented, “This would could be a very bad situation for everyone involved. If her body reacts to the virus the same way we do. Which is possible. She could become patient zero could for a galaxy wide pandemic.”

The general turned Ashley, as she to stated, “We do not want this virus to spread. Besides the normal problems with the virus. It could be traced back to us. I spoke to the president, she agrees that it is a matter of national security to deal with this as quickly as possible. We don't want to upset an alien galactic nation from another reality.” The general looked at Bob, as she continued, in an amused tone of voice, “I bet you are surprised we have a woman president.”

Bob replied, “No. I figured your president's gender was a matter of her mood for that day.”

In response, the general began to chuckle, as Ashley stayed silent.

Bob said, “You walked into that one.”

As the general began to calm down, she commented, “Yea. I did. And you had been here too long.”

Bob stated, “No argument there. And even if it is not traced back to you. My Earth might be attacked, under the false assumption that the virus came from us.”

The general commented, “I can appreciate that.” She turned to Ashley, as she continued, “Still, she may look human, but she is not human. She may not be infected.” The general then turned back to look at Bob.

Bob responded, in a sad tone of voice, “Don't hold you breath, on that. She is a bio-engineered Alteran. My great-great-grandmother was a regular Alteran. She is human enough to breed with humans. So, it is likely this virus will infect her.”

The general softly cursed. “Damn.”

Bob thought, 'I need to get the conversation back on track.' He asked, “When did she leave this reality?”

The general answered, “An hour and a half an hour ago. Since we learned that you were from another reality, and aliens were real, with some possibly coming to look for you, we have been keeping watch for situations like this. I take it she was looking for you?”

Bob replied, “Yes. But honestly, I don't know why. I mean, look out my relationship with your government. I have tried to be reasonable. But, she got it into her head that I was a spy. I have no idea why. I was just looking for a doctor on the planet she was on, when she ambushed me.”

The general said, “Given your cooperative nature, Bob. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. Still, something must be done. Which is a problem.” She turned to Ashley, as she requested, “Doctor. Please explain.”

Ashley looked over at the general. She then turned back to Bob, as she stated, “As you know, we are all infected with the virus. There is an off chance she is not infected. But, more than likely, she is. We have to after her. The problem is, if we go, we risk spreading the infection, just by our presence.”

Bob spoke up, “Except for myself. Because I am immune and I have been isolated. Even my bio-scanner says that I am now clean.”

The general pointed out, “Exactly. You are the only one, on this planet, that can go after her, without risk of infecting others. And you have a vested interest in doing so.”

Bob agreed, “You're right on both counts. Get my weapons and ammo. I will be gone within half an hour.

Ashley said, “Bob, I am sorry we have to part like this.”

Bob turned to Ashley, as he replied, “It is okay, Doctor Cullen. It was fun meeting all of you.”

Ashley responded. “You too, Bob. I will have your weapons, and other items, brought to you, through a sealed container, within a few minutes.”

The general said, “Good luck.”

Both women then walked away from him.

Bob turned off the intercom, and closed the curtain. He then started to change out of his scrubs, and into his clothing.

Bob took off his scrubs. He put on his socks, underwear, shirt, pants, boots, necklace, coat, hat, shades, digital wrist watch, and finally his leather satchel. After which, he picked up his reality device, and pocketed it.

(_)

A few minutes later, the personnel brought a box to the outside of the isolation cell.

The buzzed the intercom to let Bob know they were there.

Bob watched as the box was put into a clear, small room, between his isolation cell and the outside room. There, the surface of the box was sterilized, and moved into his cell.

Bob still used medical gloves to handle the box.

Bob opened the box. He then removed the gloves, and threw away the gloves, into a small trash bin, with a trash back in it.

Next, he pulled out his reality device, and scanned his items.

A few seconds later, his items were found to be clean.

Bob pocketed his reality device. He then reached into the box and pulled out his gunbelt, revolver, loaded speedloaders, a box of ammo, and his folded knife.

He set all those items onto his bed. He then pulled out his pistol, from the holster on his gunbelt. And he checked to make sure his revolver was loaded, without causing the top-break to accidentally unload his weapon. Bob found his weapon was loaded. He then closed his revolver.

Next, Bob dropped his folded knife into the inside of his right boot. After which, he put the ammo box, and speedloaders, into his coat pockets. Then, he put on his gunbelt, around his waist, over his pants, but under his coat. And holstered his pistol into his gunbelt.

After Bob finished doing a few other things. He pulled out his reality device.

Bob check again, to make sure the bio-sensors still cleared him to travel. Which they did.

Bob thought, “Well, this is good. But, damn, I am going to have to spent another two weeks in isolation, when this is over. And this is a bad situation on, so many levels. Like, I am sure, Doctor Cullen the general fears, as well.'

'This potential outbreak could be traced back to Earth. Both my Earth, and this Earth. If this disease gets loose, the Federation might destroy my Earth in retaliation. Also, I am only going to get one shot at this. They will be on me in literally a blink of eye.”

“That means I cannot be no violent. And I have to pray they listen. Finally, this reality technology is not exact in tracking someone. If it was, I would be captured by Revy and the others, by now. Well, I might as well get this over with.'

Bob thought of the planet, Oriotera, the White Spire, and exactly of Geeze when she just got back, he then press the button to jump realities.

Immediately, after Bob teleport into the White Spire, he saw that that he was in a large oval hallway, that was brightly let. There were open pools of water on the floor.

He also saw several people, whom most of immediately turned to look at him.

Bob swiftly looked around for Nechla, as several things when through his mind, 'Where is she? Please, let that be a pool of water. On second thought, bad idea. She might infect the water table. And I got seconds here. If I am lucky.'

Bob then spotted Nechla across the room. She was talking to a small dog woman, and a large lizard man with a partly metal face, and a left cybernetic eye. All three were wearing various types of Federation officer uniforms. And then Bob saw Nechla sneeze.

Bob thought, with worry, 'Oh crap! She is infected. And she just spread it to everyone here. Now, please let them understand me.'

Bob pointed his finger at Geeze, as he yelled, “Officer Geeze is a plague carrier! Stay away from her! Quarantine the planet!”

Just then, Nechla and the two others turned to look at Bob, Bob was jumped from the behind, by two security guards, and placed on his stomach, against the ground.

Bob continued to yelled, “Get away from Officer Geeze, for your own safety!”

Just as one of the guards was about to hit Bob, a male voice strongly ordered, “Hold it!”

Bob was just barely able turn his head in the direction of the voice.

He saw Nechla, and the other two aliens she was talking to, walk over to him.

When the three space police officers reached him, Nechla looked down at Bob, whom was still being held down by two guards. She smirked, as she stated, “I didn't expect a spy like you to be stupid enough to teleport into the Federation government headquarters. You are going to be executed for this.” Geeze then sniffled.

Bob stated, “For the second time. I am a reality traveler. Not a spy. And you have just screwed over this planet with your foolishness.”

The lizard cyborg man ordered, in the same voice he had just used to hold back the guards, “Explain now, and you might still get out of this alive.”

Bob responded, “I am a reality traveler. A few weeks ago, my time, I came to this reality and planet in searching for a cure to a disease that my friend has developed. That woman, Nechla Geeze. Yes. I know who you are. You get a reputation when you kill people with large needles.”

The dog and lizard aliens lightly laughed.

Bob continued, “Well, Geeze ambushed me. I escaped by jumping realities. But, I came to a plague world. Fortunately, the people there were helpful, and I turned out to be immune to the virus. But I spent the last two weeks in isolation to make damn sure I wouldn't bring the virus with me. Unlucky, that woman tracked me to that reality. She was unknowingly exposed to the virus, and she then left. How long has it been since you returned, Officer Geeze?”

The dog girl asked, “Returned? You think Officer Geeze went there?”

Bob clarified, “Yes. They locals had a video recording of her being there and leaving.” Bob mentally added, 'It is best right now that I do not mention that the place we came from is an alternate Earth.'

Nechla answered, “Ten minutes.”

The lizard alien turned to Nechla, as he stated, “So, it is true.”

Nechla turned to the lizard man, as she replied, “Instructor Skeletso, I doubt there is such a virus.”

Bob pointed out, “The fact she is sniffling and sneezing is proof she has the virus. The virus is fast acting and very contiguous.”

Skeletso looked at Geeze, with his left cybernetic eye, as he asked Bob, “How dangerous is this virus?”

Bob answered, “It is not so much dangerous, in the way that is would kill, or cripple people. But, it can wreck the cultures of the, galaxy if it gets loose. It causes the people to change gender when hit with cold water. Hot water reverses the effect, until they are exposed to cold water, again.”

Geeze countered, “You expect us to believe such a fantasy?”

Bob stated, “Actually, I know a person in this reality that has a similar ability. Her name is Ranma Saotome.”

The dog girl asked, “Ranma? Birdy's friend?”

Bob turned to the dog girl, as he thought, 'She knows Ranma and Birdy. This could be good, or back. Depending on how she answers my next question.' He inquired, “You know them?”

The dog girl answered, “Yes. I take it that you have met them.”

Bob thought, 'I might as well be honest.' He replied, “Yes. I met Birdy. She has a nice, very well mannered daughter, as well.”

The dog girl said, “Interesting.” The dog girl turned to the guards holding Bob down, as she order, “Let him up.”

One of the guards countered, “Officer Weegie, he is armed, and he does not have the authorization to be here.”

Weegie stated, “He did not come here to attack anyone. He came to help.”

The guards helped Bob up.

As Bob looked at Weegie, he said, “Thank you, Officer Weegie.”

Weegie replied, “No problem. Now, what do we do if you are right about this virus?”

Bob stated, “Quarantine the planet. Including preventing teleporting and wormholes. This virus is very contagious.”

Geeze commented, “I cannot believe that you would actually listen to him.”

Skeletso stated, “Officer Geeze, I have been scanning you with my cybernetic eye. And I do register and unknown virus in you body. I suggest we test this man's claim.” He turned to Weegie, as he ordered, “Weegie, go get a pitcher of cold water.”

Weegie summon a wormhole, as she said, “Be right back.” The wormhole closed behind here.

(_)

A minute later, she came through another wormhole, carrying a pitch of water with ice.

As the wormhole closed, Nechla took a step back, as she warned, “Don't you dare.”

Skeletso placed a firm grip on Nechla's right shoulder. He the grabbed the pitched from Weegie and splashed the cold water onto Nechla's head and body.

Everyone watched as Nechla instantly changed into a man with the same hair color, and skin tone, but a more muscular body. Fortunately, Nechla's suit automatically adjust, to the change in shape and size.

Though, the bottom part of Nechla's uniform, right below the waist, left nothing to the imagination.

Weegie turned to Skeletso. Then, to Bob. And back to Skeletso, as she stated, “I will contacted Captain Megius.” She turned to Bob, as she requested, “You are coming with me.”

Bob replied, “Okay.”

Skeletso dropped the pitcher and let go of Nechla. He turned to Weegie and Bob, as he stated, “I will contact planetary security, and start the ball rolling on quarantining the planet.”

Skeletso turned to Nechla, as he said, “And don't you dare turned to leave this planet. We have questions for you. But, that will come later.”

Nechla turned to Skeletso, as he said, in his now masculine voice, “I wasn't planning too.”

Skeletso replied, “Good.”

Weegie then escorted Bob through a wormhole, to another part of the building, while Skeletso got on his radio, he put into motion, declaring a planetary quarantine of Oriotera. This included the shutdown all spaceship, teleporting, and wormhole travel both onto and off the planet.

While Nechla was still slightly in shock from his gender change, he asked, “Where is some hot water? I can use some.”

As Nechla started walking to find some hot water, he thought, with relief, 'At least with dealing with Birdy and Tsutomu, this is not completely out of my experience. And our organic sciences and technologies should be able to get a handle on this gender change. It will just take time.'

(_)

Bob's Reality. Earth, Japan, Tokyo.

A few days later, Bob time, on Earth, in Tokyo, inside Birdy's two-story home, it was the middle of the afternoon.

Birdy was at home at the time, with Violin still at school.

Birdy's blue alien phone, sitting on her bedroom desk, on the second story, began to ring.

Though, at the time, Birdy was in the living room, on the first story, she did hear her alien phone ring.

Birdy used her super-speed to rush into her bedroom.

Birdy picked up the phone, as she answered, with a hint of sarcasm, “Hello. Former Federation Officer Birdy Cephon answering.”

The female voice on the other end answered, “Hello Birdy.”

Birdy recognized the voice, as she greeted, “Hi Weegie. How are you doing?”

Weegie answered, “I could be doing better. How is motherhood treating you?”

Birdy thought, 'How did she know? Not that it really matter. Weegie is a good front. Still, I better not mention Natsuru by name.'

Birdy replied, “Very good. I have been dating this guy for a few months. And he popped the question a few nights ago. And I said, yes. We already have a date for the wedding. Invites are already going out.”

Weegie asked, with excitement, “That's great! Who is the lucky guy?”

Birdy coyly said, “I cannot tell you over an open communication. I would have to tell you in person. It is kind of a delicate matter. Anyway, you would not be calling unless that situation was serious. So, what is going on?”

Weegie replied, “Well, it going to be awhile before I can see you in person. I am probably going to miss your wedding. Sorry about that. But, it is because we have a major outbreak of a strange virus on Oriotera. And I am stuck here. Before you ask. No one has died. It is not that serious. Even the minor sneezing and congestion is going after a few days. The virus is just annoying. It is like one of your minor Earth cold viruses.... Well, we think it might have originated on an Earth as a cold virus. But, the planet is under full quarantine, because of how quickly the virus spreads. It is very contagious.”

Birdy inquired, “An Earth virus?”

Weegie responded, “You know a human, or at least almost human, a male named, Bob?”

Birdy thought, 'Bob! Of course, he likely told her about Violin. Not that I hold it against him. I have been meaning to tell Weegie, for a while now.' She stated, “Yes. It has got to be the same Bob. There are not many Bobs that have traveled off of Earth. This Bob even set me up with the man whom I am now getting married too. I owe him that.”

Weegie replied, “Really? He didn't mention that.”

Birdy thought, with relief, 'At least he kept somethings secret. He likely know that Natsuru is in trouble with the Federation police.' She commented, “Bob likely figured it was not important. So, is this virus his fault?”

Weegie answered, “No. He is the one that warned us in time to successfully quarantine the planet. Fortunately, the virus has not spread from Oriotera. And this is all the fault of Geeze.”

Birdy replied, “Why am I not surprised? So, what is going to happen to Geeze?”

Weegie stated, “Nothing. Bob actually, convinced Captain Megius that what has happened to her, and the embarrassment for her actions, are punishment enough for her.”

Birdy thought, 'Bob really is a nice guy. No wonder Natsuru respects him, and Ed likes him.' Birdy commented, “This virus must be something else. So, if this virus is not killing people, what makes it so important?”

Weegie said, “Well, what is so dangerous about the virus is that its major complication is hidden until triggered externally.”

Birdy sternly requested, “Weegie, stopped dance around the subject, and tell me what is going on?”

Weegie stated, “Long story short, Geeze followed Bob to an alternate Earth.”

Birdy thought, 'I guess the Federation does have working reality traveling technology.'

Weegie continued, “The world they went to was a plague world. Bob is immune to the virus, but Geeze is not. Bob followed her back to the Spire, and contacted us before things go to out of hand.'

Birdy thought, 'I owe Bob. Though, I wonder how why he is immune?'

Weegie further explained, “Anyway, years ago, this alternate Earth had a massive outbreak of a mutated virus. The best we can figure, from the information Bob gave us, was on that world, a Ranma Saotome was infected with an average cold virus. The virus mutated in him and added Ranma's gender bending ability to the virus. It spread across the world at an extreme quick rate, to where everyone changing genders with cold water and hot water. Cold water changing the person's gender from their origin gender. It affects both men and women.”

Birdy mentally reflected, with amusement, 'That answers that question. Bob is probably immune due to being a latent gender bender, himself.' She smiled wickedly, as she continued her thoughts, 'My friends are going to laugh there butts off when they learn of this. Especially, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma, herself. Though, I wonder.'

Birdy asked, “And let me guess. You are infected, as well?”

Weegie admitted, “Yes.”

Birdy grinned mischievously, as she said, “I told you that being a guy is not that bad.”

Weegie conceded, “You were right, Birdy. And it is nice that I can still change back and forth. Though, it only takes about a few hours before a person can start changing genders with water. For lack of a better word, we think there is a magical component with the change. This is not like the changing you did, when you were two people sharing one body, that Federation technology allowed you to change genders at will.”

Birdy commented, “That fast? Interesting. I got to ask. What do Megius and Skeletso look like as female?”

Weegie answered, with a bit of amusement in her voice, “You cannot tell with Megius' species. We had to do some work on Skeletso' cybernetics before we even tested the change on him. But, it gave us the opportunity to work with a cyborg that has been infected. And Skeletso gladly volunteered.”

“Fortunately, we would about to rig a device that we use to change clothes, and bodies for you, so that when the change is triggered for Skeletso, his cybernetics will instantly change sizes with his body, so as to not harm the big lug. Still...” Weegie smiled mischievously, as she continued, “Skeletso makes for such a cute lizard girl. She has a better figure than both of us.”

Birdy giggled. She then said, “I will have to see what she looks like, someday.”

Weegie stated, “I will send you a picture.”

Birdy commented, “Thanks. So, what do you need from me? You won't just call me just to let me know what is going on.”

Weegie explained, “It is not so much you, but your friends we need to get in contact with. We need to reach Ranma and Akira. We cannot risk going back to the gender changing world, so the Ranma in this reality is the second best option. We need blood samples from Ranma, as both male and female. Two vials each, will likely do.”

“Also, we need Akira to make the exchange. Because Bob is immune, we are positive that Akira is immune to the virus.”

“We will both set up the day, time and place for the exchange. Somewhere on Earth, that is nearby, but isolation. Bob, will teleport in with his reality device, in an environmental suit. Just because Bob and Akira are immune, does not mean they cannot be carriers. But, for them, the virus flushes out of their bodies within weeks.”

Birdy replied, “That sounds good.”

Weegie inquired, “Glad to hear it. How long will it take you to contact Ranma and Akira?”

Birdy stated, “It will take me a day to contact them.”

Weegie replied, “Okay.”

Birdy and Weegie the worked out the details on the exchange.

(_)

Two days later, Akira walked along a deserted beach, on the east coast of Japan, at noon.

She was a woman, and dressed in her cowgirl outfit, but without her weapons.

Akira gently held four vials of blood in her right hand.

Akira thought, 'Getting Ranma to have blood drawn was not easy. Ranma does not like needles. But, to save a world, she gladly did so. I hope this is not a joke.”

A minute later, Akira saw someone, in the distance, down the coast, with the water to Akira's left side, and the land to her right side. The person was in a black environmental suit. And Akira saw that the person was walking towards her.

The suit was not very bulky, but the suit not skin tight, either.

A few minutes later, as the person walked closer, Akira saw a reality device attached on the right side of the suit's chest. Also, Akira noticed that the solar visor helmet down, hiding the person's face.

When the person finally came to a stop a few feet from Akira, the person said, in a deep, modulated voice, “I have you now, Skywalker.”

Akira stated, in an annoyed tone of voice, “I know it is you, Bob.”

Bob raised his solar visor, but his interior clear visor was still closed, keeping his helmet sealed airtight.

Bob set the voice modulator to normal. He then greeted her, “It is nice to see you, Akira.”

Akira replied, “Nice to see you to Bob. And that is nice beard. I wish I could grown one that big.”

Bob sarcastically said, “Reason four hundred and sixteen as to why I still prefer to stay a man. And I would like to keep my beard.”

Akira smiled, as she replied, “Okay. Still, that star wars joke was not funny.”

Bob defended, “Oh, come on. It is not like you haven't wanted to do that before.”

Akira countered, “I know Darth Vader personally.”

Bob smirked, “Oh. you mean Annie? I have met her, too. I found her to be a nice lady.”

Akira asked, in surprise, “You met Annie?”

Bob answered, “Yes. Rock sent her after me. I talked to her into letting me go, and we parted ways peacefully.”

Akira inquired, with sadness evident in her tone of voice, “Rock is still after you?”

Bob replied, “And also Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer.”

Akira questioned, with shock in her tone and voice, “Those three are after you?”

Bob shrugged, as he said, “Yea. And they want to change my gender, so they can relive what they did to you, with me.”

Akira stuttered, “You know about that... And they want to do that too you...” Her voice turned more firm, as she said, “I am going to have a long talk with Rock and Revy, with Ranma and Natsuru by my side.”

Bob replied, “Thanks. And good luck. Now, let's get down to business. We have a world to save. Do you have two samples of Ranma's blood as a male? And two samples of Ranma's blood as a female? ”

Akira handed blood vials to Bob, as she said, “Yes. On both counts. They are labeled on the side, as either male, or female. It is always nice to say we are saving a world.” She thought, 'I always feel good afterward. Unfortunately, I cannot mention that, because, then I would have to tell you something, pertaining to my friends, and I, saving the world.'

Bob gently took the four vials from her right hand, into his left hand. He agreed, “Yes. It is.”

Akira inquired, “So, there really is an Earth where everyone has gender bending abilities, like Ranma has?”

Bob answered, “Yes. But, not by choice.”

Akira questioned, “How bad is it there?”

Bob commented, “Not bad. They seemed to have weathered the social changes well.”

Akira replied, “That is good.”

Bob stated, “Well, it depends on how you look at the situation. Anyway, thanks for the blood vials. And thank Ranma for me.”

Akira said, “I will. So, what happens to you, now?”

Bob went onto say, “I have to deliver this, and then spent the next two weeks in isolation, until I make sure I don't have the virus in me.”

Akira asked, “So, those like us are really immune?”

Bob commented, “You and I. Yes. The others. I don't know.”

Akira mused, “Interesting. Well, after this whole virus mess, you have proven yourself a hero. And you need to be commended, not hunted.”

Bob responded, “I am glad you feel that way.”

Akira inquired, “So where to next?”

Bob explained, “My friend is dying of cancer. No Ed. Someone else that I know. I have been searching the multiverse for a way to cure him.”

Akira sadly replied, “I am sorry to hear that.”

Bob went on, “I have been searching for a cure for around a year, by myself. All leads are a bust. There is only one place left.”

Akira asked, “Where?”

Bob corrected her, “No. Not where. When. The future. I have gotten to the point I am willing to cheat, and figure out how to save him by knowing the future.”

Akira cautioned, “Be careful. I have found from personal experience that knowing ones future cannot be pleasant.”

Bob replied, “Thanks for the warning.”

Akira said, “Good luck, Bob.”

Bob replied, “You too, Akira.” Bob then thought of the place and time he wanted to go to, as he pressed the reality button to head there.

Akira watched Bob disappear, as she thought, 'Now, I have go have a long talk with Rock. And I think I will bring Natsuru and Ranma. So, they know what is going on, as well.”

(_)

Five minutes later, the planet Oriotera, inside the White Spire, which was the government building for the Federation, along with being the headquarters for the Federation police force.

Bob, in his black environmental suit, teleport into space police officer Weegie's office.

Currently, Weegie, the humanoid dog like alien, was a woman. She was dressed in her Federation police officer's uniform.

Weegie was sitting in his chair, behind her desk, across from Bob. She looked up at Bob, as she asked, “Welcome back, Bob. Did you get the blood samples, from Ranma? Both the male and female samples?”

Bob walked over to the front of Weegie's desk, and he gently set the blood vials into a small bowl, that was near Weegie.

Bob then answered, through his environmental suit's speakers, “Yes. Akira said two of the vials are from Ranma as male. And two of the vials are from Ranma as female. All four vials are labeled either as male, or female. Do you need to me to tell you which is which?”

Weegie picked up one of the vials of red liquid, as she said, “Thanks. No. I know some Earth languages. And the scans will confirm which blood is which.”

Bob replied, “Okay.”

Weegie said, “Also, I realize that suit is not that conformable for you.”

Bob commented, “Well, I did have to pack all my gear in here with me. So that when I leave this reality, I don't accidentally expose anyone to the virus. For example, my hat and shades are in my coat. Still, it was worth it. The only reason my reality device is out, is so I could use it.”

Weegie replied, “I can appreciate your situation. With these blood samples, work on the virus should be increased greatly. Though, I apologize, we could not help you with your friend.”

Bob shrugged, as he said, “It is okay. At least you looked at what I had. So, do you think you will get this virus figured out? And under control?”

Weegie stated, “Yes. It will likely a month to get the mechanics down for the virus' genome. Once that is done, we can either figure out a cure, or more control. While making those infected no longer contagious. Maybe, less than a year, before we can lift the planet wide quarantine.”

“Fortunately, since this virus is not killing anyone, and we can still dropped things in, we have had no serious problems from anyone, except some the politicians and high ranking, government officials. And most of them had found the advantages of their new abilities too enjoyable to care about leaving the planet, for the moment.”

Bob commented, “That figures.”

Weegie went onto say, “Also, your own blood samples, that you gave us, will likely help, as well. You mentioned that when your odd DNA is exposed to someone with the virus, it changes their gender trigger from water temperature, to sneezing. This will give us a large boost to learning how the triggering of the change works, and how to control the change better.”

Bob realized, as he inquired, “I take it you are not planning on curing this disease to the point you will no longer change gender?”

Weegie shrugged, as she said, “Not really. I see no point in doing so. And those of my colleagues, that I have discussed the matter with, agree with me. We just want to make sure the virus is no longer contagious, and the change can be controlled. Personally, though I enjoy being a woman, I had some fun last night as a man, and I don't want a cure that would take that away.”

Bob replied, “That is your choice.”

Weegie responded, “I know. On a related matter. I was surprised when you talked my superiors out of punishing Geeze.”

Bob stated, “That was no point in punishing her. She did not know about the gender changing virus. Also, I made sure she knew that it was me that bailed her butt out of the fire. And by me doing this, she owes me. And she will likely not seek some form of misguided revenge on me, over this entire matter.”

Weegie complimented, “That is clever thinking on your part. So, where are you going now?”

Bob commented, “That depends. I have a question. Between the plague Earth, and here, did Geeze stop by any other place? She said she came back ten minutes after I arrived. But, that was ten minutes since she returned to this planet. Not ten minutes, after she left that plague world. We need to know this.”

Weegie answered, “I agree. That problem is that she won't tell us.”

Bob cursed, “Damn. That means the virus can still be loose in the multiverse...”

Bob thought, 'Well, I cannot push the matter, with Nechla. I do not want to be on her bad side. Still, I need to do something about this. But, who else do I turn to for help... Of course... Though, I am going to upset a few people, doing it this way. But, I cannot think of a better way to do it.'

Bob stated, “Now that I think about it. There is another organization that is likely the best equipped to handle such a situation. It is best I bring them a sample of the virus with me. There is still some of the virus in my body, they can get a sample from me, before I flush the virus from my system.”

Weegie commented, “That is an interesting use of being a carrier for the virus. But, you need to be careful.”

Bob responded, “Oh. I plan too. I have protocols I can use, and I need to get the virus to a group that could also work on a vaccine, and cure.”

Weegie said, “Honestly, I think the Federation can handle it.”

Bob replied, “Yes. But, you guys are not really that crazy that about humans. A large percentage of the people in this organization, that I know of, are human. And they from a very advances galactic civilization that is known for its charity work.”

Weegie said, “They sound interesting.”

Bob inquired, “You want to know the ironic part, Weegie?” He thought, 'She is going to likely find this funny.'

Weegie requested, “Sure.”

Bob answered, “They are called the Federation, as well.”

Weegie giggled. She then said, “Oh. That is kind of funny.”

Bob thought, 'Sometimes, I enjoy being right.' He agreed, “Yes. It is. Well, it was fun meeting you, Weegie. Give Skeletso my best.”

Weegie replied, “I will.”

Bob commented, “And I find it surprising that even with a metal face, Skeletso can pull off looking like a cute woman.”

Weegie agreed, “I know. It is incredible.”

Bob relied, “Yep. Thanks again.”

Weegie responded, “You too. Have a safe journey.”

Bob then thought of the reality, place, and time, he wanted to be, and he pressed the red button his reality device, which was still attached, on the outside of the suit, to the right side of his chest.

After Bob instantly disappeared from sight, Weegie turned on the intercom system on her desk. She requested, “This is Officer Weegie. Please send a medical team to my office. We have the blood samples have arrived.”

(_)

Black Lagoon Reality. Two days after Rock came back from Hong Kong, of the past, of his home reality.

Revy had not returned to Lagoon Island, since then.

It was the early evening on Lagoon Island. A few hours before sunset.

There was a knock on the front doors of Lagoon mansion.

Rock answered the doors.

She opened the door to her right said, and she saw Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru standing in front of her.

All of them were in their usual outfits. Though, they had no weapons on them. But, it was the facial expressions that they were giving Rock, that concerned her.

Rock mentally noted, 'They do not look happy to see me.'

Akira said, in a stern tone of voice, “Rock. We need to talk about, Bob, and Ed. Also, you are going to tell use where Revy, Shenhua, and Sawyer are? And what all four of you have been up too. Including, you asking Annie for help.”

Rock gulped, as she thought, with worry, 'They know what is going on.'

A few seconds later, Rock let Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma, into her home. And after Rock closed the door behind them, the four adults had a little discussion, concerning Bob and Ed.

To be continued.

(_)

Author's Notes:

One of my goals of this anthology of insanity, is to push the limits of three genres. The badass genre. The crazy awesome genre. And the gender bending genre.

This chapter leaned heavily on pushing the limits of the gender bending genre.

While some stories have had global gender bending events. Those stories rarely ever had their gender bending problems spread to other realities.

Readers, if you are wondering, the transgender virus world in this chapter is inspired by Chris Jones' Ranma Virus fanfic, which was written around a decade and a half ago.

And while I used the concept, I did not copy that story. Especially, since that story dealt with the Ranma cast. Where as the parts of this story, on the plague world, did not show any of the Ranma Half cast.

Those that have read the Virus series will notice the differences between those stories, and this chapter.

Another reason I wrote this story was that I figured, since no one has taken up the concept of such a story in years, barring those stories posted on Fictionmania, then I would use the concept in my stories. And I found this concept to be very interesting to work on.

Readers, if you have not read the Ranma Virus fanfic story, and its sequels, I highly suggest you track them down. They are a great set of stories to read.

It should be noted that Chris Jones' Ranma Virus fanfic was first posted on the internet on June 18th, 2000.

The Gacha Gacha manga, was first published on December 17th, 2002. That is the first Gacha Gacha manga, Capsule. Gacha Gacha Secret, with Akira, and his-her gender bending with a sneeze ability, is the second stories of the Gacha Gacha series.

The reason I am mentioning this is that in the Ranma Virus fanfic, Ranma's curse is tagged to a virus that is similar to a cold virus. Long story short, anyone that gets the virus, gets a cold, and ends up with the ability to change gender with water temperatures, like Ranma can.

The interesting part of the Ranma Virus story is that during the cold phase of the virus, the initial trigger for the gender change was a sneeze. Then, they are stuck in their opposite gender for a few weeks, to a month, until their bodies fight off the virus to the point they can change genders back and forth with hot and cold water.

So, the idea of someone changing genders with a sneeze is at least a year and a half older than the original Gacha Gacha manga.

Though, I not saying that Hiroyuki Tamakoshi got the idea for Akira's gender bending sneeze ability from the Ranma Virus fanfic. It may have just been a case of two people thinking the same thing.

Also, I will credit that Hiroyuki Tamakoshi used sneezing gender ability idea, and did a marvelous job running with the concept, in a full series, without the idea getting old.

That is not easy. And that takes skill.

Still, this does prove the gender bending sneeze idea did not originate from the Gacha Gacha Secret manga series.

Also, in my story, the gender bending virus causes the gender change without sneezing. And instead those infected need to be exposed to cold water to change. And they can immediately change back with hot water. There is no locking of genders, except for biological functions, and during pregnancy.

This make the virus even more dangerous, because a person might think they have a cold, until they are exposed to cold water. Which could be a while. And thus allowing them to spread the virus, without knowing what the virus truly is.

On the chapter, itself.

This chapter gave me a lot of room to work with.

The plot and scenes in this chapter allowed me to look at what would happen, if an entire Earth, in modern times, suffered a gender bending pandemic. Also, it shows how easily such a pandemic can spread.

Along with this, I got to get into detail of what some of the sociological and political changed may happened, after such an event, over the course of decades.

This is what got me interesting in writing, in the first place. Writing about possibilities.

And by having the event being decades in the past, from the point of view of those characters in the scenes. The major upheaval have already come and gone, and civilization has just continued on, with a few interesting changes.

As such, I can cover the details of the situation, without having any serious drama, as such matters were discussed.

This allowed me to create dialogues scenes. Such as the scene between Bob and Doctor Ashley Cullen. They can just talk about the subjects, in detail, in a casual, relax atmosphere.

On a side note. I have found that few stories like this rarely cover the, years later, angle. The stories will cover the original event, and soon after. But, the usually don't have follow up stories, on what is happening on such worlds, years later.

And while that alternate Earth is a plague world. It is not a horrible world. The plague they have is not that bad. They all soon got over the cold symptoms of the virus, and they just have to deal with a few more problems than the humanity of many other Earths in the multiverse.

As the saying goes. Life goes on.

Also, I really liked how, Bob's “just people” comment came out, in the bar scene, of this chapter. It puts the situation in the proper perspective.

Bob just views people as people. He is not judgmental towards gender benders.

Bob main contention, on the matter, is that he does not want to be a gender bender. That is why he refuses to tell anyone what the intial triggers to his alien genes are. Because, he believes that doing so, will create a situation, where those that know will be tempted to try to turn Bob into a gender bending.

And while most people are quarantined are done so to prevent from infect others, in Bob was both this, and to not be reinfected by others, on the plague world version of Earth.

Also, I mentioned that Nechla did not get into trouble for what she did. Because Bob talked her superiors out of punishing her. That was so she would not seek revenge on him.

This is just a form of genre savviness on Bob's part.

Also, Weegie makes a point that her research is not to stop the gender changing, but to control it better. Which is not surprising.

Once person can do something. That person did not like their new ability taken again from him, or her.

On the time span of Bob's journey into the multiverse. I planned for the time frame to be longer. But, when I got to thinking about it. When one can instantly travel across space, time, and realities, they run through their location options fairly quickly. So, instead of years, Bob's journey, from his point of view, happened over the span of several months.

I like how the final scene for this chapter ended up. Where Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma visit Rock, at her family home. And the three gender benders finally put their feet down, and start the ball rolling on stopping this madness set against Bob and Ed.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
55 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos