Jenna's Spellbook Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Chapter One: The Spellbook

-o~O~o-

For some reason, the back corner of the library is poorly lit. I guess the janitor never replaces the lights back there. But it's also where they keep the old books, and unfortunately for me, the science textbook has been in the school system for at least twenty years. They haven't updated the curriculum in so long that the books just don't get changed. Eventually, they'll run out of spares and have to update, but for now the spares are kept with the old books in the back. I pull my LED flashlight out of my purse, and start hunting for the spare book. I can't believe that I left my science book at home, on a test day no less.

I find the science spare, but right next to it is, for lack of a better phrase, a dusty old tome.I grab it and pull it out of the shelf. I wipe its cover off, and stare at a series of incomprehensible symbols before they rearrange themselves into two words, "Jenna's Spellbook." Huh. What the hell, I open it. After all, it has my name on it.

Instantly, a blast of dark purple light illuminates my body from the book, and I feel things stretching and squishing. My clothes writhe like snakes on my skin, and I feel things shifting and changing inside me. It's...OH, it's not pleasant. My skin feels like it's on fire, and I clench my hands into claws, because I know if I start scratching, I won't stop. My hips pop and crack, and I feel my legs go numb and useless. I can't move or control them, and I fall to the ground. I hit my head on the metal shelf, and black out, my bones cracking and jerking painfully.

I wake up with the taste of vomit in my mouth. "Uhhh..." I groan, and it comes out deep. "What the hell?" Still deep. Oh god. I put my hands to my throat. There is a definite lump there. I slowly reach down my body, refusing to look. It's all flat. Firm, but very flat. I keep going, and find something terrifying. I finally look down to see a bump between my legs where it should be smooth and flat. "No way..." Holy shit is my voice low. And resonant. It's like...It's like having a bass drum in my chest.

I shakily push myself to my feet. Wow, I'm really weak. My legs threaten to buckle under me, and I lean on a shelf to keep from falling. I look down to see my purse has turned into a messenger bag, and the book is open on the floor. I slowly lower myself to the ground, and quickly close the book before shoving it into my bag.

I hurry out of the library, making sure not to make eye contact with anybody. I leave a note with my science teacher telling him that I'm feeling really bad, and won't be able to take the test. That I'll make it up later. Then I head out to my car and check to see what else has changed. My keychain is the same, the stuff in my bag hasn't changed. Just the bag. I hesitantly look down my waistband and yep...that's a...yep. I call Stacy. She's in class, but odds are she's not paying attention, and I know the teacher won't care if she says it's important.

The phone rings for a few seconds before she finally picks up, "Jenna? This had better be important, I had to tell Mr. Dunham that it was my grandma!" She hisses into the phone, and I can hear a slight echo. She's in the hallway.

"Okay...don't fr-"

"Who is this? Why do you have Jenna's phone?"

I hold the phone away from my face and sigh before I bring it back to my ear, "This is Jenna. Something's happened and I need you to come out to the parking lot right now."

"Bullshit. I don't know how you got her phone, but I'm coming down there to get it back." She hangs up.

I sigh. Stacy is amazing, but sometimes not too bright. If somebody had her phone, I would definitely not go where they were alone. I would find her and maybe a few big guys before going to get her phone back. Speaking of big guys, I pull down my visor mirror to look at my reflection.

The first thing I notice is my eyes staring back at me. They haven't changed. Still hazel-brown. My very-slightly auburn hair is the same also, just shorter, and in a more masculine haircut that falls just to the tips of my ears. I notice a dark shadow around my jawline, and rub my hand across it. I hear the scratching more than I feel it. It's kinda like the raspy sound you hear when a cat licks itself. But yep. Definitely stubble. And speaking of my jawline, it's noticeably heavier, and my chin is much different. Broader and more angular is basically what my face boils down to.

I feel my arms and shoulders, and while they aren't huge, they're definitely broad and developed. I unconsciously flex. My shirt is uncomfortably tight around my chest, and I look down to see that it's because my pecs are...oh wow...my pecs are pressing the shirt out, almost like my boobs would, except that they aren't soft and round and perky (perky?), they're hard and flat and wide. And my nipples barely deform the surface of the shirt. It's soft, cotton maybe? I hesitantly reach over to touch one, and I'm surprised. It's really hard. And not sensitive at all. It's almost like poking a rock. But wow is it hard, and I feel something twitch in my pants.

I'm in the middle of reacting to the fact that I'm getting an erection when I hear tapping on my window. I put my keys into the car to start the electric and roll the window down. It's Stacy.

Stacy is about my height - was about my height - now she's well under my height. Uhhh...five foot seven, maybe? Either way, she's not short, as girls go, but from my new vantage point she definitely feels short. She's wearing hot pink shorts and a sheer loose white tank. And I can see the outline of her bra. White. It's just slightly too small, and I find myself thinking that it must be uncomfortable. But no. She has comfortable bras that fit well. And won't be visible through a sheer shirt. She's wearing it deliberately. And it should not be having this effect on me. My...member...I can't call it that yet.

"Give me Jenna's stuff back, and get out of her car. Now."

"Oh my god Stacy," I figure that she's not gonna listen to my reasoning, "did you even think to look for 'Jenna'?" I make air quotes and hope that she can see it's still me. Just...different. I mean, it's the same personality. Right? My member reminds me that my body is very different now.

"No. Because I don't need to look for her to know that you aren't her." She scoffs, and I love her and hate her right now, "Like, hon' you're hot. But not that kind of hot. Like. Tits are required."

I react before I even think about it, "Uh, excuse me? Not 'that kind of' hot? I'll have you know that my tits are better than yours. And I would know. I've seen your ass out of the shower, and let me tell you girl. Not so amazing." I'm out of the car now, and yelling at her over hood of the little VW Bug. I stop when I realize what I just said. But Stacy is staring at me. I look down, and my shirt and upper body have changed. The shirt is halfway between what I put on this morning, and what it turned into earlier. And my chest isn't as broad and is slightly deformed by the small, but definitely there boobs. I didn't even feel it. My voice is different. Not quite back to normal, but not nearly as deep as before.

I bend over and feel tears forming as my body shifts back to male. Holy mother of god it hurts. I am crying now, and I feel my voice crack and return to that low pitch of earlier. The shock has worn off, and I'm terrified. What if I'm stuck like this?

"Jenna?" Stacy whispers, and that sends me well over the edge. I'm bawling now, and I sit against the driver's side of the car with my arms wrapped around my knees. I'm curled in on myself, and I don't see Stacy come over to wrap herself around me. "Jenna. If you really are Jenna, we'll get through this...whatever this is...together."

Table of Contents

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Seems like this could become

Seems like this could become a very interesting story.
Once the two of them figure out why the body switching back and forth, they may also find skills that go with each now. "Its in the Book".

Different is good...

As you know this is a different story. But I'm one who thinks different writers and sotries should be here. This is a good start. I'm interested to see where you take it.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors