After School Nightmare

Printer-friendly version

Yet another TG Storytime immigrant. Eventually, I'll be posting original stuff here, don't worry. This one came from a dream, but the dream was significantly more graphic, involving rape/murder and other such themes. As it stands, there's still murder in this story, at least implied (I can't remember if I actually showed the murders or not, it's been awhile and I'm tired as I post this here). If you like ghostly possession, this story is for you.

~o~O~o~

Tony Johnson could tell tell that something was wrong instantly. It stemmed mainly from the fact that the two mounds on his chest weren't there when he went to sleep. He sat up quickly and pull his now long and blonde hair away from his eyes. 'What the hell is going on?' he asked himself. He looked down at his altered body and found that he was wearing a plain white, short sleeved blouse with the two top buttons undown, revealing what he'd consider excellent cleavage if it wasn't from his own chest. He also wore a skirt which didn't get to his knees, and almost didn't cover his obviously now rounder ass.

He looked around and saw that the room he was in looked uncannily like the nurse's office of his school, yet he had no idea how he got there. Only two lights were on in the room, with one illuminating the center of the room and the other covering the nurse's desk area, the rest bathed in complete darkness. A shiver ran up his spine and caused goosebumps to break out all over his skin. It was creepy.

He swung his slightly longer legs off of the bed and stood up. His balance was off, but he found it easy to adjust. His new breasts bouncing around, however, wasn't so easy to adjust to. He walked over to the desk, but found nothing that could help him understand why he was there. That meant his only lead was out in the hallway, which looked darker than the room he was in. 'C'mon, Tony, you're not a little girl, get going.' It was hard to argue with his own head.

He walked out into the hallway and looked to his left, seeing that the hallway that originally ended with the school commons now went on for what must have been miles. He turned to the right and saw that it continued for miles there, too. 'What the hell?' He saw that lights were only on every sixty feet, keeping the rest of the hallway pitch black. The goosebumps refused to leave. 'Okay, left or right? Left or right?'

“Right,” he said aloud, if for no other reason than to hear his new voice. Soft and pretty, much like he assumed he looked.

He walked for what must have been an hour before he found another door. This one lead to the classrooms of the health teachers, but no one was in either room, nor the small room between them which held a small office. Tony walked into the classroom where he took health and looked down at his desk. Blood dripped down the seat, though the blood that had pooled in the seat didn't look even slightly fresh. He looked down at the floor and saw a blood trail, leading away from the desk. He followed it and saw it went up the wall, and onto the chalkboard. As if someone were writing in red chalk, words started to appear on the board.

you are responsible kara

'Who's Kara?' he thought, scratching his head and nearly gouging himself with his longer fingernails.

Stepping back into the hallway, Tony saw a shape as far away as his eye could see, back the way he came. “Hey!” he shouted, and the figured turned to him, then turned and ran. He gave chase, running as fast as he could in his new body. He closed the distance much faster than he thought he should, then the figure turned left and dashed down a second hallway. He kept up, though, and saw the figure run into another classroom. He stopped at the door to catch his breath, then walked inside. At first, he saw nothing, but then he saw her: an eight year old girl, wearing an outfit similar to his own, only the tennis shoes that he was wearing were replaced by what looked like ballet shoes and her blouse wasn't unbuttoned anywhere.

“Stay away!” the girl shouted, throwing an eraser from the chalkboard at him.

“Stop! I'm not gonna hurt you!” He quickly walked over to her and knelt down, looking her right in the eyes. “I'm not gonna hurt you,” he repeated in a much softer, almost motherly tone. “I'm... Toni, what's your name?” He chose the feminine version of his name simply because he couldn't think of a better name to say.

“You're not gonna believe me,” she said, pouting and looking away, almost in a boyish form of defiance.

“Try me.”

“My name is John.”

“John?”

“Yeah.”

“Did you go to sleep as a boy and wake up like this?”

Her eyes widened in surprise. “How'd you know?”

Tony smiled. “Same thing happened to me.”

“Where are we? I've never been to a school like this before.”

“It's high school. You might enjoy it when you grow up, assuming we get out of here and you get to grow up.” Tony stood up, then offered his hand for John. “C'mon, let's go. It'll be a lot safer if we're together, okay?”

John shyly placed his smaller hand in the older girl's and stood up.

“See? Not so hard.” 'I've gotta get a hold of myself. I sound like I'm the kid's mom.'

Tony and John walked back out into the hallway and picked left as their direction. Twice, they had to stop so that John could rest, which Tony didn't have a problem with. John was eight years old and wearing ballet shoes, which he knew were tough to walk on for too long, much like high heels. How he knew this, he had no idea, just that the knowledge was in his head and made him sympathetic to young John.

They continued on their journey a few minutes later, turning corners and checking classrooms. More than once, Tony made sure John didn't come into the room and see something that would scare him. Tony had to admit, he made a pretty damn good big sister (he refused to think of himself as John's mother).

After what had to be three or four hours, they'd made absolutely no headway as far as figuring out what happened or how to get out, however, they found the cafeteria. Tony opened the door and he and John walked inside, seeing that whatever voodoo had changed the school from a block-and-a-half long to three-and-a-half states long had also changed the cafeteria from a simple large room with seven long tables and a myriad of other small ones into a room with one floor full of tables, underneath another floor full of tables, underneath another floor full of tables, underneath another floor full of tables, and so on, and so forth.

“We can rest here for a while, okay?” Tony suggested.

“Okay. My feet hurt bad.”

“How come you didn't say anything?”

John looked down at his feet. “I didn't want to slow you down.”

Tony knelt down in front of the girl. “Listen to me: You're not slowing me down at all. Plus, you're keeping me from being scared.”

John looked up. “I am?”

“Yep. I was terrified when I was alone, and now I feel better, what about you?”

“I guess so... “

Tony smiled. “Good girl. C'mon, let's rest.”

John smiled, too.

*****

Any hopes that the situation was all a dream were banished from Tony when he saw John fall asleep. John had sat right up next to him, just a little girl curled up beside her big sister to all outside observers. And to Sharon Burghoff, that was exactly what it was, though her own experience made her assume otherwise. Like the two boys who were no longer thus, she had woken up in a body completely unknown, and of the opposite gender. The male body she now inhabited felt so much different than her own that it was restrictive.

The two girls in the cafeteria were doing nothing when she arrived, simply sitting against a wall and resting. She figured that it was as good a time as any to find out what was going on. She walked up to them slowly and quietly, almost on her tip toes, and the older girl opened one of her eyes. “Hey, don'tcha see the kid sleeping? Stop stompin' around everywhere.”

Sharon stopped and hopped onto the table beside her. “I wasn't stomping. I was certain I was sneaking up on you.”

“Yeah, well you weren't.” The girl yawned. “Man, I'm really tired. I must be way weaker as a girl.”

Sharon narrowed her eyes. “Whaddya mean 'as a girl'?”

Tony widened his eyes. “Wait, do you mean you were a boy *before* you came here?”

“Actually, I assumed you *were* a girl before you came here, and that I was the screwed up one.”

“Huh? You mean... before now, you were a girl?”

“Yeah. I'm Sharon. Sharon Burghoff.”

“My name's Tony.” He pointed to the sleeping girl beside him. “This is John.”

“You mean, you were *both* boys before today?”

“Yeah. Now, we're girls and we can't get out of here. Same for you? Well, except, you're a guy?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Okay, so now three people are stuck in a weird high school that's somehow endless, we've swapped genders, and we still have no clue why.”

The new hormones in Tony's body were definitely working overtime. He looked Sharon up and down and totally found her attractive. His new pleasure centers were sending him pictures of Sharon naked, and not what he pictured her female body to look like, either. He shook his head to clear the images out, but it was futile. 'I guess I'll have to deal with chick thoughts in my head the rest of our time here. Great.'

Of course, Sharon was thinking the exact same thing about Tony, and it was far more difficult for her to hide the erection growing in her underwear than it was for Tony to hide his hardening nipples. Sharon was seeing, quite easily, the parts of Tony's body that were hidden underneath his blouse and skirt. She, too, shook her head to clear the images out, but the throbbing remained.

Once John awoke and was introduced to Sharon, the three of them continued off on their trek to find a door that led out of the building. The entire time, they were unaware of the presence following them. To the naked eye, it would be a black shadow, with two horizontal white slits for eyes and occasionally one for a mouth. It no longer had any recollection of what it looked like, but that was just because of decades of looking this way.

Of course, the creature had brought them there, though even it did not know the reason why. It saw them, and wanted their bodies, which it found suspiciously familiar. Did it have something to do with the creature's previous life? Where these three people important to it? It had no idea, nor did it care. It wanted to kill them, and if it did not do so soon, they might well escape.

Tony looked down at John every once in a while, who looked up at him and smiled his innocent little smile. Tony smiled back, still concerned for the child's safety, but on the whole, feeling safer than before now that Sharon was with them. Maybe it was his new female hormones, made him smile nervously at Sharon whenever she turned to look at him. Even if his body weren't coursing with estrogen, he'd find Sharon's male physique impressive. The body Sharon inhabited had obviously been a weight lifter, and probably a football quarterback. Any guy would kill to have a body like that, and any girl would kill to be in bed with it, which was, of course, where Tony found his thoughts turning to. He'd be grateful when they got out of there and he was normal again.

Nearly two hours after they left the cafeteria, they came upon something they'd never encountered in the building before: a window.

“Hey,” Sharon said, “look at this.” Tony and John both looked outside, but John had to stand on his tiptoes. “It's the football field.”

Tony felt playful. “Of course, a boy would suggest a football field.” He heard John giggle. Sharon looked over at him and half smirked.

“Not what I meant, Toni.”

“Oh yeah, Steve?”

“If you weren't a girl, I'd have hit you by now.”

In a girlish way, Tony leaned forward with his hands behind his back and said, “Aw, lucky me.”

Sharon put her face to the window and looked down, but Tony couldn't see what she saw. “C'mon, there's gotta be a door downstairs.”

“Why do you say that?”

“There's a sidewalk leading to it, I can see that.”

“You mean, we can get out of here and go home?” John asked, excitement in his high-pitched voice. He was standing there, clasping his hands in front of his chest like a kid begging for seconds.

Tony knelt down next to him. “I hope so, kiddo.”

Suddenly, John's smile disappeared and his hands fell to his sides. “But, that means I won't get to see you again.”

Tony was taken aback. The thought hadn't occurred to him at all. Suddenly, tears started to well up in his eyes, because the thought of not having his little sister around hit him hard. “Hey, you be strong for me, okay? I don't wanna see either of us crying.”

John quickly got into Tony's arms and stayed there, the two of them embracing just like a teen girl and her younger sister would. Both of them started to cry, each saddened that once they escaped, they'd never see one another again. Tony didn't know how he'd gotten so close to John in this short time, but he had and he was now sorry for it. He didn't want to lose John.

Sharon almost felt like crying, seeing the two girls in front of her embracing like sisters. She'd only been with them a short time, but she knew that's how they felt. It would be tough for them, being apart.

Then the shit hit the fan.

Tony was suddenly pushed away from John, who was now sinking through the floor. Sharon scrambled to help pull him up, but was pushed away by something that wasn't there. She pounded her fist on whatever was blocking her, but it was futile. John screamed and cried, but neither she nor Tony could get to him. Finally, he was swallowed up by the floor.

“No!” Tony shouted, pounding his fists against the floor where his younger sister had been. “Dammit!”

Sharon approached slowly and carefully, so as not to invite Tony's wrath. She knelt down and put her arms around the sobbing girl in front of her. Tony didn't push her away, nor did he stop crying. This had taken a lot out of him.

“Hey, Tony... I... I can't say anything that'll help. I can't even think of anything that'll help y—” She was cut off by Tony kissing her on the lips, and suddenly she could taste the lipstick he was wearing. Once they broke the kiss off, Sharon asked, “What was that for?”

“I... don't know. It felt right. Girly hormones, I guess.”

“Look, I know this probably isn't the best time, but maybe, if *we* leave, then John'll be let go, too. If we don't find a way out of here, then what just happened to John will happen to us, and we don't know if he's alive.”

Tony looked away, but nodded his head in agreement. Sharon lifted his head up by the chin and gave him another kiss.

*****

It took them longer than just going down a flight of stairs to get to the door leading to the football field, but there was a door. Tony felt the chills run up and down his spine again, so he stood a little closer to Sharon, who did him the favor of holding his hand. He was so scared for John that even the warmth of Sharon's hand wasn't helping much.

The door opened easily out to the football field. They stepped outside, but nothing changed. The school was still behind them, the football field in front of them, and they were still in the bodies they'd somehow been placed in. Tony looked up and felt the hope drain from him. Though he couldn't see far enough to any one side, the clouds were thin enough that he could see the ceiling above them. They still weren't out of the building.

Sharon walked out to the center of the field, completely oblivious to the shadow watching her. It didn't know where the little girl had gone, but the other two were enough, and now that it knew who they reminded it of, especially the two girls. It would take its time dealing with them, and make them suffer for what happened to it.

When Sharon reached the center of the football field, she heard Tony scream. She spun around and saw him being pulled inside the building by something solid black. She ran toward him, but every step seemed to take her further away instead. She watched in horror as Tony was dragged away, back inside.

*****

Tony awoke in what appeared to be the pool room. The swimming pool wasn't filled with water, however, but with blood. He hugged his knees to his chest and slid as far away from that pool as possible. He felt one of his bikini straps slide down his arm, so he pulled it back up over his shoulder. 'Oh, God, what am I doing here? How did I get here? Why am I wearing a bikini?' He looked down at the pink cups of the bikini covering his breasts and couldn't figure out where the items of clothing had come from.

He stood up, slowly, and walked over to the door. He pressed against it, but it didn't budge. 'God Almighty, I weigh a hundred sixteen pounds, how can I not push this door open?!' He finally gave up, collapsing against it, out of breath. 'Oh, man... I just want out of this stupid place!' “C'mon! Lemme go, goddammit!”

“Tony?” a soft voice asked. He looked up and saw John walking out from behind a set of seats on the opposite wall. “Is that really you?”

“John!” He ran over to the little girl in his slightly torn blouse and skirt and scooped him up in his arms. “Oh, thank God! I was afraid you were dead!” He felt tears run down his cheeks. “What happened?”

John pointed at the corner he'd come from. “They brought me here.” Tony looked over at the corner and saw four dark shapes walk out from behind the bleachers. Two were the same height, one was short, and the fourth was taller than the first two. “They told me everything. My name's not John anymore.”

One about Tony's size walked over to him and placed its hand on his head. Once that happened, things started to become more and more clear.

*****

Kara Hawkins pulled herself out of the pool and was handed her towel. Amanda was still in a huff about tearing her favorite blouse, but she was getting over it quickly. “Y'know, Mandy, I'll pull you in if you don't cheer up real soon.”

“And Mom'll get mad if I come home all wet again, remember?”

Kara smiled. “Aw, you're no fun when Mom's mad.”

She stood up and was about to head for the locker room when the main door opened and Kevin walked in. Her twin brother wasn't in the best of moods, all on account of his possible inprisonment in a few days. “Kev, whatever it is you wanna say, I don't want to hear it, okay? Mom and Dad have been on my ass about all of this, too, and I didn't do anything.”

“Kara, I just want you to talk to them. You know it was an accident, why can't you just tell them that?”

“*You've* already told them. They said they'd try and find you a good lawyer, so don't worry about anything.”

He slammed his fist against the wall. “Dammit, I don't *need* a lawyer! I need...”

She grabbed his hand and helt it between her own. “What do you need?” she asked, in a soft voice. Ever since they were kids, he'd preferred it when she talked to him softly.

He lowered his eyes, facing away from her for only a moment. “I need Julie.”

It was her turn to look away. “I don't know if I can do anything about that. You know what Dan said. He doesn't want you around her.”

He pushed past her and punched the wall, skinning his knuckles badly. “Why?!”

“For starters, you *killed* a kid.”

He turned toward her, his face twisted into a scowl with almost literal fire in his eyes. “*I did not kill him!* It was an accident!”

Kara backed away, her pulse racing. “Kevin, please...”

Amanda walked up to him and pulled on his pant leg, tears in her eyes. “Please, big brother, don't hurt anyone.”

Kevin looked down at her and smiled. Kara felt something was terribly wrong about that smile, and slowly walked over to him. In one motion, less than the blink of an eye, and Kevin threw Amanda into the pool. Kara's eyes widened in fear—Mandy couldn't swim. She ran to dive in after her, but Kevin grabbed her by the wrist.

“What the fuck are you doing, Kevin?!”

He tightened his grip and twisted. “You won't help me. I'm your twin brother, and *you won't help me*!” He kicked her in the shin and tossed her into the pool, then knelt down and kept her head under the water. “All I asked you to do was *help me!*” He pulled her out of the water for a second, then shoved her back under. “Talk to Mom and Dad, I asked, but *no!* You wouldn't!”

As Kara felt her life slip away, she prayed that Kevin would some day find happiness, or else a lot of innocent people would get hurt for no reason.

*****

Tony fell backwards onto his butt, while Ghost Kara withdrew her hand. “My God... So, that thing that brought us here... is Kevin?” The ghost nodded. “What... what do we do? What about Sharon? Is she... Dan?” Another nod.

John sat down beside him and put himself in Tony's arms. Another big sister/little sister hug if anyone had ever seen one. “They said we have to stop Kevin from killing us again, otherwise it keeps happening to more and more people.”

“How are we supposed to do that?”

“They didn't tell me that. They said you'd know.”

Tony looked up at Ghost Kara. “How am I supposed to know? You never showed me anything about that.” The ghost didn't move, didn't say anything. She just disappeared. After a few seconds, the ghosts of Amanda, Dan and who could only be Julie disappeared as well. 'Four people died, but there are only three of us. Where's Julie?'

*****

Sharon had ran through endless amounts of hallways, looking for any sign of Tony, but found none. She was so close to going crazy that she nearly pulled her hair out. She stopped outside a door that seemed to lead to another classroom, and collapsed against it. 'What the hell am I gonna do? I can't find Tony, John's probably dead and I don't even know where anything in this building leads. I'm screwed!'

“Excuse me?” a female voice asked, from somewhere close by. She stood up and saw a girl, her age, wearing a tank top and a pair of panties, walking toward her. “Um... Listen, I just woke up here, and I don't know where I am, and this might be a little strange, but I'm pretty sure I was a guy when I went to sleep.”

Sharon stood up and walked over to her. “I know what you mean. I was a girl when I went to sleep. And, I met two other guys in girls' bodies who are—” 'Do say dead?' “—missing, right now. I'm trying to find them.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Name's Sharon.”

“Kent. Say, have I seen you somewhere, before? This you, I mean, not the real you.”

“I don't know. Although, now that you mention it, you look kinda familiar, too.”

*****

The shadow was furious. It knew what to do, and it knew who to kill, but for some reason, it couldn't find the two girls from before. It slipped through every crack the school had, went through every vent, made its way through every door. Only the boy and the new girl were visable, and it couldn't do anything about them. It wasn't happy at all.

'Come!' Something said in its head, and suddenly, it knew.

*****

Tony pulled himself out of the pool and was handed his towel by John. The young girl looked very nervous, but obviously, he knew it had to be done. “Don't worry, kiddo, we'll be alright.”

“I don't wanna do this, Tony. I wanna go home.”

“I do too, but if we don't stop Kevin, we're gonna die anyway.”

“I still don't like it.”

Tony stood up and was about to head for the locker room when the main door disappeared and a dark shadow seeped in. “You must be Kevin.”

kara, how are you still here? i know what i did now, and i killed you. you wouldn't talk to mom and dad for me, and i shoved you under the water.

“I...” 'Play along, play along, play along...' “I know that, Kev, and I'm sorry. I'll talk to Mom and Dad, okay?”

no, it's not okay! you should be dead! you and mandy and dan and julie! i killed you all!

Suddenly, Kara's feelings inside Tony started to come to the surface. “You killed Dan? Why?!”

because he kept julie away from me. and julie ran from me! all of you were against me! all because of a goddamn mistake!

Tears started to well up in his eyes, but Tony kept going. “Kev, please, let's go home and talk to Mom and Dad, okay? All three of us. Mandy's gotta get to soccer practice anyway, and Julie and I were gonna go shopping with Alice and Yvonne, remember?”

Kevin's misty-like form began to solidify, and shrank to the size of a normal human being. His face started to take on its true appearance. “kara, please don't lie to me. you're not the real kara, and i'm not kevin anymore. we're ghosts, but you were lucky enough to possess someone. i can't, not at all.” He walked over to the wall and punched it, cracking it. “what can we do, kara? how do i become real again?”

Tony—or Kara, he wasn't sure anymore—walked over to Kevin and put his/her hand on his shoulder. “Let us go, Kev. It's the only thing you haven't done over the years, and it has to be the way back.”

“Tony!” Sharon's voice shouted. He looked over at the doorway and saw her and some new girl standing there—who could only be the boy that now inhabited Julie's body.

“Dan... uh, Sharon.” He turned back to Kevin, who was getting more and more solid, and even appeared to be crying. “Kevin, let's just go home.”

“I don't know if I can do that. Every year, I've only been able to do so much. At first, I could only pick people who were in high school at the same time I was. Then I could pick younger and younger, until I could pick people that were the same age as me when I died. I still can't pick people from the same city, or even the same state. And, guys always become girls and vice versa, I don't know why.”

Tony looked over at Sharon and the new girl. “Hey, c'mere.” He turned to John. “You, too.” After the other three were standing by him, he laid out his plan. “We need to concentrate. We're all possessed by ghosts or, in my twin brother's case, are a ghost, so we should be able to fix this and go back to our real lives.”

“Wait, ghosts? Possessed? Twin brother—Tony, you've got some explaining to do.”

He smiled. “And, if we ever see each other again, I'll explain it. Everybody just concentrate on 'home', and let's see if we really get out of here.”

Kevin turned around and ran his hand along Tony's face. “You're the real Kara, aren't you? After she died, she came back as you, didn't she?”

“I don't know. But, if she didn't, I'm glad I could help bring you back. You're a great little brother.”

Tony—no, Kara smiled. It was the first time in twenty years that the real Kara smiled.

The five of them concentrated, focusing on the word 'home', just like Tony had suggested. At once, they each felt something different, something strong. It wasn't long before a bright white light enveloped them, and almost immediately, they knew that 'home' was exactly where they were going.

*****

Kara pulled herself out of the pool and was handed her towel. Amanda was still in a huff about tearing her favorite blouse, but she was getting over it quickly. “Y'know, Mandy, I'll pull you in if you don't cheer up real soon.”

“And Mom'll get mad if I come home all wet again, remember?”

Kara smiled. “Aw, you're no fun when Mom's mad.”

She stood up and was about to head for the locker room when the main door opened and Kevin walked in. For the first time in a few days, he had a smile on his face. “You ready to go home yet, girls?”

“Hey, you used to like swimming, too,” she said, still smiling. “I've still gotta dry up and change my clothes.” She entered the locker room, closely followed by her two siblings, but Amanda stopped Kevin at the door.

“Un-uh! No boys allowed!”

“Oh yeah? What about if I've got an eight year old hostage?” he picked her up by the hips and started tickling his little sister, to which she was laughing and screaming stop all at the same time.

As Kara changed back into her blouse and skirt, she found a piece of paper in the locker she'd used. 'Who's this from? A secret admirer?' She smirked, then unfolded the paper. 'Dear Kara, I hope you enjoy the rest of the life that was stolen from you twenty years ago. It may not be your old life as Tony, but I'm sure it'll go just as well, if not better. See you when you come here the right way, Kara Hawkins.'

She folded the paper up again and smirked once more. She figured that she was the only one with memory of their time as Tony, John, Sharon and Kent, but now it was official. 'We'll do just fine, Kara, don't worry.'

Undoing the top two buttons on her blouse, she stuffed the paper in her book bag and walked back out into the pool room, where Kevin and Amanda were waiting. She couldn't wait to see Dan later, and show him the new lingerie that she was going to buy during her shopping trip with Julie.

up
138 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nightmarish

Daphne Xu's picture

This was a strange story, and I'm not really sure what happened -- a character of nightmares, of course.

-- Daphne Xu

good story!

I enjoy it very much :-)