A New Start in Life part 34

Printer-friendly version


A New Start in Life Part 34

The Girls Mk2.jpg

A New Start in Life: After losing his family in a horrific road accident Stephen takes refuge in being Susanna part time. However a girl acquaintance visiting his flat accidentally discovers his secret.
Stephen then confesses that he wished that he could become Susanna and makes a very important decision that will give him the new start in life. He starts to live as Susanna with the help of his two best girl friends.

As the comedians say, “Last night we were more thunk than we drunk we was!” in fact all of us must have had quite a bit of alcohol because none of us remembered deciding to sleep together in my bed.
I woke up with a groan blearily looking at the clock. A hoarse voice said, “What time is it Susie?”
Squinting to see I managed to answer, “Nearly noon Charley!”
A sigh from her indicated that she was still alive.
I commented, “That was one good night last night! I didn’t think we had drunk all that much!”
“Dancing! It was all that dancing that kept the booze at bay,” Charley sagely informed me.

Shoni was still hard asleep hair all over the place as was her make-up talk about Panda Eyes! Shonali had them in spades.
Then I glanced at Charley followed by the pillow – none of us had taken our make-up off.
My eye’s then readjusted and I scanned the room there were dresses, bra’s panties and every other item of clothing we had worn last night scattered all over my bedroom!

I put my head back on the make-up stained pillow groaning looking at Charley propped up on one arm. “Susie” she started, “You know about Christmas?” I nodded waiting.

“Well” she carried on somewhat hesitantly, “Rob has asked me if I would like to spend it with his folks!”
“Told You!” Croaked Shonali who had just heard this as she woke up.

I squeezed Charley’s arm saying, “Good for you – will we see you for the New Year?”
Clearly Charley was happier now she knew we didn’t mind a bit and with what passed for a smile she said, “You bet, I’ll see you two back here after Christmas then we can travel together.

We lay around in bed for another hour talking and putting off getting up. Finally we stirred and looked at each other giggled then headed for the make-up remover skin cleanser and cotton wool.
But before we cleaned ourselves we too a selfie and sent it to Kell it was entitled ‘After’ so now she had one when we were drop dead gorgeous and one when we were a complete fright – it should cheer her up a little bit.
An hour later we were looking something like human again. We decided to have a chill day so we got our warm fleecy PJ’s on and our dressing gowns and set to changing the make-up smeared bedding throwing it in the washing machine.

We raided our supply of pampering thingy’s and decided we had enough for a pamper day – which is what we did! Ordered in a pizza and garlic bread and had a really relaxing Saturday!

Charley phoned Rob to tell him her news – from the expression on her face and the way she spoke on the phone the girl has a severe case of ‘being in Love!’
I really hoped so in fact we all really hoped so because Charley deserved some love in her life. (Apart from us three)

While the pain of losing her parents will never go away she was slowly getting over it (not that you ever get fully over something like that) but at times she would simply stare at the montage we had had done for her with the Medal of Honour in the centre and happy pictures of Charley, her Mom and Dad surrounding it.
We never intruded on these times – it simply wouldn’t be right!

We phoned Kelly. All three of us with the phone on speaker mode sat in the centre of the table.
We were talking for over an hour. Kell was coming on well and was determined to come back to Manchester with us after the New Year.
She too was happy about Charley and Rob.
She was fed up she missed last night and she loved the selfie’s of the three of us – taken last night when we were drop dead gorgeous and this morning when we looked a complete fright! As we thought they did cheer her up.

Sunday was spent doing the mundane things in life cleaning, washing and ironing we also packed our dresses up to get them dry cleaned not that we would be wearing them to the next party – that’s just not on!

Monday and it was back to work there were 10 days to Christmas of which seven and a half were working days.
When we got to work on Monday it was reasonably obvious that the three of us had made an impression on the guy’s in the office.
As Loren put it our cheerleading experiences really showed on the dance floor!

Shoni grinned and told her, “Susie can really move now far better than when she used to ‘dad dance’!” I spluttered into my coffee and threw her a disapproving glower.

We both settled into work and the days passed very quickly I confided to Shoni that I would be sorry to leave when the job was advertised.
As usual she simply said, “Well I assume you’ll be putting in for the permanent job?”
I nodded so she carried on, “Well then surely being willing to step in at short notice must stand you in good stead.” I wasn’t sure and simply shrugged.

Charley bless her had taken to doing the cooking for when we got home – and she was a good cook but she was getting frustrated over the lack of work.
We tried to help by saying that not many people are hiring because it’s Christmas – I like to think this helped a bit.

But Rob helped her even more he was a regular visitor and after the initial stiffness when in my company soon relaxed and was his usual really nice self. Charley was hopelessly in love.

Then one day there was a marked change in Rob! He looked very happy and oh so relaxed and the way he looked at Charley spoke volumes – I know what I thought but held my peace until he had gone back to his lodgings.

Charley was heading to her bedroom when I shouted after her, “You’ve told him – haven’t you?” Charley came back into the lounge like a little girl caught out asking, “Yes how d’you know?”

I gave a broad grin and told her, “Charley he’s absolutely head over heels in love with you so before he was afraid he was going to loose you.
Now he’s so relaxed and happy” I thought for a moment and carried on, “Yes happy is the right word. I’m so happy for you.”

She came and flopped down on the settee saying, “I’m so glad I told him so very glad!” The three of us had a group hug then one by one headed off to bed.

Finally it was nearly Christmas Charley left to travel with Rob a day before us and was really nervous about meeting Rob’s parents and I mean REALLY NERVOUS!
She agonised over what to wear what to take with her in fact just about everything she could worry about she did!

We had never seen our calm confident and practical Charley like this!
In the end Shoni and I sat her down and told her, “Just be your self! Remember we said that to you leaving Chicago?”
She nodded miserably so I continued, “Charley don’t be something your not – you are you so BE you!”

She looked confused with all the ‘you’s’ Shonali commented, “Susie I don’t think that last sentence was grammatically correct – way too many you’s and yours!”
That set the three of us giggling Charley looked at the two of us and said, “Thanks guys I’ll try and remember! I love you two - you are the best.”

We helped her to finish packing then gave her our presents so she could open them on Christmas day and she gave us ours.
The door buzzer sounded and I went and let Rob in I greeted him warmly and whispered, “Charley’s as nervous as hell!
The thought that your parents may hate her has turned her to mush.”

Rob Bless him gave a wry grin and quietly told me, “She’s nervous! I’m a mess but she’s no fears about mum and dad they’re fine and always say that I need a good woman!”
“Well” I said, “You’ve certainly got one there – look after her right?” Rob looked at me and answered, “I will Susie and thanks you’re a great girl.”

Rob and Charley left while Shoni and I finished packing our small cases (which would go to work with us tomorrow)
We exchanged presents and I gave her mine to give to Kelly then we settled down to watch the TV.
The next day at work we in truth didn’t do an awful lot but enough to give us a head start when we returned after the break.
Everyone in the office got a small present from the management and as we left Loren gave me a hug and said, “Thanks for your help. Have a lovely Christmas and I’ll see you next week.”

Shoni and I got the same train with her getting off at Leeds while I continued to Durham changing at York.
When I arrived at my Auntie’s I was greeted like a daughter I settled in my room (My Aunty Val called it this) and headed downstairs to put my presents under the tree.
Everybody was coming to aunty Val’s for Christmas including all the kids. I helped my aunty with preparing food for the next day then about eight we got changed and headed to the pub.
We managed to get uncle Frank home about midnight I had a really good chat with my aunty while he was sleeping in ‘his’ chair.
She asked me about my job and when I was going into hospital and how the other girls were doing.
We had a laugh over Charley aunty Val commented, “She’s a real canny lass she should be fine if she acts naturally.”

Then she looked at my uncle Frank hard asleep gently snoring and commented, “I should leave him there? – I’m tempted but he’ll only wake me up when he finally falls into bed!”
So between us we got him upstairs and into bed.

As I went to my room She asked, “Are you happy Susie? I mean really happy?”
Stopping with my hand on the doorknob I looked at her and honestly answered, “I am so very happy and at ease I can’t wait for my operation and I’ve you to thank for accepting me.”

We hugged and my aunty said, “Happy Christmas Susanna – you’re a fine lass your mother would be so proud of you.”
The thought of my dead parents caused both of us to tear up so we both retreated into our bedrooms.

The next day – Christmas Day I helped Aunty Val get the dinner ready my cousins along with their families arrived about noon. As usual the kids were hyper active and very, very excited.
We got them their presents from under the Christmas tree telling them that Santa Claus had had a drink with their granddad had got drunk and left some of their presents here by mistake (they seemed to believe this.)

All the men went for a drink before their Christmas dinner under instructions to be back by 3pm. leaving us girls and the kids to get things ready.
Izzy and Annie demanded to know where their friend Charley was I told them she was with her boyfriend this made the girls grimace as at their age all boys were yucky!

I spent most of the time playing with the kid’s keeping them from under the feet of the people doing the proper work namely my Aunty Val, Beth and Jayne I was having great fun and the kid’s were too.
Jayne came through to where mayhem reigned there I was on my hands and knees chasing three little girls around while the only boy James was trying to shoot us with a toy gun!
Jayne commented, “Susie you’ll make a great mother someday!” I grinned and commented, “I adore children.......... “ I was about to continue when I got attacked by the girls who wrestled me to the floor and a mass tickling session began! The noise was tremendous with squealing and laughing.
As I rolled around the floor I thought to myself, ‘I’d love to have children of my own but.........’

The men arrived back well before the appointed hour and helped where my aunty would let them - but the kept well away from the crèche where I was!
Dinner was fantastic! Loads of really excellent home cooked food. Lots of wine; lots of fun and lots of friendly family banter.
I felt totally at peace and at home for really the first time since I lost my family
I knew that I had made the right decision about my life. And now? I was accepted by my family and so very happy.

Boxing day and it was off to the SALES for us women leaving the half the kids with the men so they could watch the sport in peace. (No chance with 4 hyper active kids)We took the two eldest girls with us (train them in the art of shopping young!) We set off at seven in the morning arriving at the Metro Centre ready to hit the shops.
That is once we had negotiated the traffic jam on the road leading to the Metro Centre
We shopped the whole day I spent my vouchers getting some great bargains for my money then it was home to tea then bed ready for leaving the next morning

I was sad to leave but this was how it must be. I caught the early train meeting Shonali when she got on at Leeds and arriving back in Manchester by 11am making it to work just before noon.

We worked happily until five then home. Once at home Shoni filled me in on Kelly – it would seem that Kelly’s mum was surrendering to her wayward daughter so it seemed certain she would be returning with us after the New Year!

After that first day Loren and I worked really hard getting everything perfect for the new contract.
Well when I said we to be totally honest it was Loren that did the bulk of the work with little old me relieving some of the more mundane tasks but we worked well in out little team of two!
Charley arrived home two days after us she was glowing Rob’s parents were as nice as Rob.
She had really enjoyed her Christmas as a member of an affectionate and loving family.

New Year in Leeds was exactly like the one three years ago (was it all that time ago? Then I was 19 years old so shy and insecure with my new status. Now I’m a confident outgoing 22 year old girl – and of course loving it!)
I met Gill of course but he did his best to avoid me was he ashamed of me? I simply didn’t know but one thing I did know was he wasn’t much of a man if he was afraid to be seen with me.
Even Shoni mentioned it and was very derogatory about her brother.

The second of January and I got the early train back to Manchester - as there was still some work to do before the new contract started. I arrived in the office and started tidying up the loose ends with my boss.
Finally we had everything done and the systems were ready to be shown to the new clients. As we finished we both sat back in our swivel chairs and breathed a sigh of pure relief – we had done it.

Loren looked at me and said, “Well little Susie we make one hell of a team!” I grinned in acknowledgement as she continued, “I want you with us on Monday when we show the clients – you know as much as I do so your pretty face will help smooth the way. Men are such suckers for a pretty girl!”
I was astounded I was going to be there with the three joint owners showing new clients the systems we had done – what was I going to wear?

As soon as I thought this I fully realised how far I had come. I didn’t think ‘ why me’ or ‘how am I going to do this’.
No my first thought was ‘what am I going to wear!’
I saw Loren smiling broadly and wondered why until she told me, “Wear something business like but sexy – no sense in hiding your assets!” I had only blurted out my thoughts.
“Come on little Susie I’ll take you for a meal. I think we deserve it!” She said picking up her winter coat.

The cold air was cutting as we left the warmth of our office I was surprised it was so late as I was totally engrossed in my work. As we walked to her car she asked me if I had any preferences with regard to food – the answer to that was certainly not. So we ended up at a lovely Italian place where the food was really good – well at least to my young palate.

We talked a lot and I told her my story. She looked at me appraisingly saying, “There you go again telling everyone about yourself! Susanna you should really stop doing that.”
I blushed and retorted, “But it’s different with you – like you know about me....... and things.” I finished off lamely. I felt really comfortable with Loren I loved working for her but soon I would be competing for my job when the selection process begins.
I did feel sad but very soon it would be time for my operation the thought of which made me very happy!

About nine we left and I was about to head for the nearest Tram stop when she said, “I’ll take you home you’re not wandering around alone at this time of night!”
I protested that I was ok but she was having none of it. So I directed her to where we lived.
When she saw the very upmarket apartment block she whistled then said, “What the hell are you working for? – These places cost a fortune what are they like?”

So I invited her up to have a look at our place. At the same time I directed her to the off street parking opening the security gate with my key fob. (I had never before used this and was surprised when it worked!)

We took the lift up to our penthouse apartment again Loren was amazed. As we got closer I could hear some loud music even in the lift!
This really puzzled me as we were the only apartment on this floor and as far as I knew I was the only person in it until tomorrow.
I opened the door and we went into the madhouse because this is exactly what it was!

The girls had come home a day early and Kelly was celebrating her freedom from Mum by having a dance!
Charley was sat on the couch facing the door when she saw us she gave us a wave followed by a shrug of the shoulders as much as to say ‘don’t ask!

There were a couple of bottles of wine involved. Shonali was trying to get Kelly to at least sit down but no such luck!

Just then Kell turned round and spied the two of us standing there in amazement. She stopped dancing and regarded the two of us gravely – like a short-sighted owl!

I could see that she had drunk far more than she normally ever does.
“Shushie my besht’est friend!” she exclaimed as she skipped across to us she threw her arms around me, “Shushie my besht’est friend I’sh mished you!”

Then she seemed to notice Loren who was watching with some amusement. “Who’sh thish?” Kelly burbled to me regarding the two of us like the short-sighted owl again.

I replied, “This is my boss Loren, Loren this drunken mess is Kelly.” Kell looked at me indignantly waving her finger at me she managed to say, “I’sh not drunk I’sh happy! Shushie not my besht’est friend! Shoni’s my best’est friend now cosh you shaid I’sh drunk!”

She swung around to look at Shoni who was wetting herself laughing at the tableau being acted out.
I think Kell must have swung around too fast because she started to turn a weird shade of white-ish green-ish then mumbled, “Toilet – musht got to toilet!” and with that she made a bolt for the nearest Loo.

I looked at Shoni who must have read my mind saying, “Don’t ask me Susie? She had a couple of cans of cider on the train and ended up like this – I haven’t a clue!”
I started to apologise to Loren but she waved me away because she had a severe attack of the giggles.

From the toilet we could hear Kelly yodelling down the big white telephone.
Charley heaved herself off the settee saying, “I suppose I’d better see how she is.”
As she stood up we heard a thump and a moan from the loo and the four of us rushed to the door to find out what had happened.

Luckily Kelly hadn’t locked the door and we found her on the floor with her arms around the toilet bowl – she was fast asleep AND she’s missed the toilet at some stage AND she was snoring like a stuck pig!

Three of us looked aghast while Loren had got a severe attack of the giggles again!
She spluttered, “Things never change this reminds me when I used to share – let’s get her to bed so she can sleep it off!”

Shonali and I protested that Kelly was our problem but Loren was having none of it. She took her coat off and between the four of us we got a very floppy Kelly into her bedroom; cleaned her up a bit, made sure that the light in her ensuit was on and the door open and as an added precaution left a bucket near the bed.

Charley and I then cleaned the toilet so it could be used again while Shonali and Loren made coffee.

We all flopped down with a mug of coffee I again tried to apologise but Loren simply brushed my protestations aside telling us, “Don’t worry about it – it happens to everyone – boy is she’s going to feel bad tomorrow!”

I then showed her around the flat the sun deck and games room our bedrooms she had already seen the huge kitchen and lounge and was very impressed.
As she left I handed her the key fob so she could get out of the secure parking telling her, “You can give it back to me on Monday.”

Loren thanked me then her parting shot was, “I’ll pick you up on Monday Susie we’ll drive straight to the clients and remember dress business like but sexy – no sense in hiding those gorgeous legs and stunning figure!”
I blushed crimson but was secretly I was very flattered as Loren was a very attractive woman in her own right!

After saying goodnight to her I was questioned about Monday and explained that I was going with the management team to give the presentation on Monday Morning. Shonali commented, “You know Susie with the impression you’ve made the job could be offered to you!”

I had been so busy that I never even thought about is. My main thoughts were on my operation and the date (which I didn’t know yet). Shoni’s comment took me by surprise and I exclaimed, “No Shoni’ you’re wrong about that! Anyhow I’d have to turn it down because of my operation THAT’S the most important thing in my life right now!”

Shoni sighed and said, “I know sweetheart but you never know they may let you have the time off – how long did the doctor say you’d be off work?” I answered “In total about a month to six weeks depending on how fast I healed – as long as I don’t so anything strenuous.”
“Well there you go!” Shoni said briskly, “ You’re work isn’t strenuous sitting on your bum at a desk – if the want you they’ll wait!”

I was unsure and answered none committedly “We’ll see Shoni we’ll see. Right I’m going to bed I’ll look in on the pisshead before I settle down – make sure she’s ok!”
She was so I settled into sleep thinking about my operation my work and Kelly hoping she’d be ok.

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

love this

Still a great, nice story,flows so well, I wonder if Loren is about to make a play for Susie!!!?

dreams

Dahlia's picture

I'm so excited for Susie. At this point my surgery seems a lifetime away. I so hope she gets offered the job. She's perfect for it.
As always, thanks again for your time and effort.

Dahlia

yahhhhhhhh

Renee_Heart2's picture

Kelly's back & sounds like she had a one girl party to welcome her back home lol. I think Sholni I'd right about the job Lauren COULD just out right offer Suzzie the job. With her being selected to accompany the owners/management team to show the program to the clients well THAT speaks volumes that alone. I'm glad they all had a good Christmas & New years.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Another great chapter!

Bobbie Sue's picture

I'm glad to see that Kelly has returned, too.

It does seem that Loren could become a close friend.

A four lettered word for Kelly with the letters S.L and U in it

Yep, Kelly does seem to be a bit of a L.U.S.H! Well what other four lettered word has SLU in it?

Or you could say Kelly was...............
As crissed as a picket! OR As full as a catholic school! OR As full as a bull's bum! Get the drift?

Ahhhhhh but

Christina H's picture

There is a reason for this as will become clear in the next episode!

Christina