Altered Fates; “The Bodyguard” Ch 11 of 16

Printer-friendly version

Current Situation: Things have gotten complicated for Logan now in the heart of Tumladen. The charisma of King Turukáno and his bond with Melchiresa is causing him to struggle to maintain his male identity. Meanwhile Molly has begun to embrace her raw masculine power. As the campaign drags on Gothmog, the enemy commander, will push her to them limit because Morgoth has ordered him to destroy Nevrast!

<p>Author Note:

1: This story is based on the Altered Fates Universe concept established by Jennifer Adams, however I’ve taken some artistic liberties so this story doesn’t strictly adhere to the rules Jennifer established.

2: This is also a fanfic of the J.R.R. Tolkien world of Middle Earth in an untold tale of the First Age. Please note; I didn’t stay completely true to the Middle Earth that Tolkien set up. This is my take on what Middle Earth in the First Age might have been like.


***************************************

CHAPTER ELEVEN

“A Plan Never Survives First Contact . . .”

***************************************

Molly shifted back to human form just as he landed. The phasing between his three shapes had gotten easier and easier over the last couple of weeks.

“My Lord,” Sadron held out a robe and Molly took it, although he was no longer embarrassed to be seen naked. Logan’s human body had been quite handsome and even flaccid Molly knew his cock was nothing to be embarrassed about. But the Elves had a sense of propriety and walking about naked was considered ill mannered, even if no one would say anything to him.

“Thank you, Sadron.”

The thin elf stepped back, “The scouts have not returned yet, but Sir Cainir has returned and awaits your pleasure.”

Molly moved past his new Aide-de-Camp toward his command tent. One of two guards standing to the side lifted the tent flap so Molly could enter. The bright red gauntlet flashed as he did and Molly had to suppress a surge of annoyance. A week ago a strange twisted creature, sort of like a cross between an Orc and a Goblin and infiltrated the camp and made it into Molly’s tent. Molly had caught his scent and then heard him enter and killed him easily. However, the attempt on his life caused Molly’s Captains to call for volunteers. Now Molly had his own Personal-Guard, the ‘Red Arms’ they were called. Or at least that’s what Tanna had told him. Once they were accepted into his guard their gauntlets were stained red with a special dye. It wasn’t that having Guards was a bad thing, it was just that now he was watched every minute of the day and it was unnecessary since he was more than able to take care of himself.

The thought of Tanna brought a quick smile to Molly’s face. He was forced to send her out on missions; she was the leader of his scouts, after all. But somehow she managed to do her duties and still spend at least half her nights in his tent. Molly felt a twitch in his groin as his now familiar and much appreciated organ did its thing. Tanna had shown Molly things about sex that he’d never dreamed possible. Molly looked back at Sadron dismissing all thought of Tanna’s sexy lithe little body from his mind.

“Bring me Sir Fallaistra, Sir Thanradon, Sir Nenthal, and the First Spear.” Then without waiting for a response from Sadron Molly entered the tent. If there was one thing Molly had learned about Sadron it was that the Elf was competent.

Cainir stood up from the canvas folding chair and gave Molly a quick salute and came to ridged attention, “My Lord.”

Molly wanted to groan, ‘Not you too,’ but he knew better. Or rather the part of him that was now Kratos knew better. The campaign over the last few weeks had turned into a series of running battles. Well, Molly and the Elves had done most of the running, and the Orcs some chasing. Somehow Molly had managed to out maneuver the host of Orcs and Trolls led by the Balrog Captains Gothmog and Kâlraug. Each engagement had caused Molly’s legend to grow because for every Elf lost nearly twenty of the foul beasts of Angband fell.

They’d also managed to keep the two hosts north of the bog and away from the last three Elfish villages to the south of the bog. That had been one of Molly’s campaign strategies. If the forces of Angband spent their time chasing him then they wouldn’t be sacking those villages.

“At ease Ranger.”

Molly moved past Cainir to the small table next to his bed. The table held a pitcher of water and a couple of glasses. Molly poured a glass and handed it to Cainir and poured one for him. As he did he tried to ignore the rumpled bed and the faint sent of sex and Tanna. She’d slept with him last night after reporting where the forces of Gothmog were.

“I know it’s just water, but to our success.”

“Aye, success.”

Both men drank and Molly walked over to the large table that dominated the room. On the table a map was spread out showing Nevrast.

“So, my friend, I’m glad to see you back in one piece.”

Cainir nodded and moved around to stand on the opposite side of the table. “Thanks, Lord Sornohen, I fear my mission was less than successful.”

Molly sighed, “Before you report, let’s wait for the other Captains to arrive. That way we can hear it all at once.”

Cainir nodded, “As you wish my lord, but I don’t have much to say. There were no forces in the area for us to hunt.”

Molly nodded, but before he could say anything the tent was opened by one of his Red Arms and Sir Fallaistra stepped in followed by Thanradon, Nenthal and Alion.

“My Lord Sornohen, you summoned us?”

“Yes, please gather around.”

The serious note in Molly’s voice drew the Elves to the map-table. “The situation is grave. Our reports on the position of Gothmog’s forces are erroneous. We know that yesterday they were reported here and here.”

Molly pointed to a place north of the bog and east of the burned village of Lindornëa. “I just returned from a reconnaissance flight and that information is wrong. Somehow they’ve slipped by us. There is a blocking force here.” Molly pointed to a location east of his forces. “They are situated on high ground and can move north or south to engage us if we try to slip around them.” Then Molly pointed to a spot east of the bog and just north of Lanthir. “The main force is here. Within a day they will be in a position to fall upon Lanthir.” At this his captains started muttering.

“How is that possible?” Sir Fallaistra asked. “Tanna’s scouts had them located just yesterday.”

Molly shook his head, “I don’t know. Tanna reported to me their location just last night. Either her scouts were deceived or Gothmog has a new way to move a host quickly.”

“This is a disaster. There’s no way we can stop Gothmog from destroying Lanthir.” Sir Thanradan noted. The other captains murmured agreement.

“You don’t seem that concerned.” Cainir noted looking at Molly. His comment caused the captains to quiet down.

Molly shrugged, “At some point Gothmog was going to figure out that his numerical advantage was being squandered chasing us. He can ignore us and move on to doing what I think Morgoth ordered him to do. Destroy the remaining Elven villages in Nevrast and search the area for clues to the hidden valley of Tumladen and Ondolindë.”

Molly pointed at Lanthir, “We have already succeeded in our first objective.”

“And what was that, my lord?” Alion asked a faint hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Molly couldn’t help grinning fiercely. “All of the civilians in Lanthir have left. They’ve been evacuated to the south and are now in the village of Rhovan.” Here Molly pointed to the southernmost village the one furthest from Gothmog’s forces. “The three remaining villages have sent all of their warriors to Lanthir. It is the most defensible of the remaining villages sitting as it does upon the southern bank of the Great Waterfall. Gothmog will have to fight over the river. Also the defenders are led by Sir Aglaron Thlim Duilin the son of Duilin. He and a company of archers from the House of the Swallow were out of Ondolindë on a training mission. They will hold Gothmog until we can arrive.”

“What of the blocking force?” Sir Fallaistra asked pointing to the second army.

“We will have to move quickly. We can’t get around them, but if we can draw them down here. We can destroy them in detail.” Molly pointed to a spot between the ridge where the second army of Angband stood and the Great-Bog. Then he started to lay out his plan. The staff meeting lasted for almost an hour before it broke up. Everyone filed out knowing that they had their work cut out for them. This next fight would be a tough one and the fate of Nevrast might rest on their success. The First Spear held back.

“A word my lord?”

“Sure, Alion, what’s on your mind? Are you concerned about the plan or the Elves?”

Alion waited until they were alone, “Neither my lord. The plan is bold, but I’ve watched you pull off the impossible for weeks. No, my question is why?”

Molly felt a grin form at the corners of his mouth as he looked at Alion. “Why what?”

“Why have you kept this from us? You’ve obviously been working toward this goal. Lanthir is a prize that once Gothmog realized he could take, he would fall upon. You’re using it as the bait in a trap. Why didn’t you share this with us?”

“You see more than most Alion. But you’re wrong. Lanthir is doomed. All three villages are doomed if Gothmog is smart. He is a powerful and skilled fighter but luckily for us he’s not wise in the way of battle. He seems to think that raw force will always win out. Unfortunately, with enough force, he’s mostly right.” Suddenly Molly felt tired. He moved to the canvas chair Cainir had used earlier and sat down. “Look closely at the map Alion,” Molly waived at the map-table.

Alion moved over and scowled down at it. “Yes?”

“The force left behind by Gothmog, it’s three times as large as ours and has the advantage of the high ground, and is defensive. In most situations those are impossible odds. Now, factor in, even if everything goes our way and we defeat them we could easily be mauled and in no condition to fight again for weeks.”

A look of comprehension dawned on Alion’s face.

“You see it?”

“This has all been a rouse within a rouse. Your dance with Gothmog was to occupy him and give time for the villages to get ready.”

Molly nodded, “Go on.”

“You knew that sooner or later Gothmog would grow tired of chasing us and realize that he should just march on the villages. And you wanted him to do that.”

“Yes, but only after I was ready.”

Alion pointed to Rhovan, “This was the key. By gathering as many women and children to Rhovan as you could they are ready and in a position to run.” He looked over at Molly, “That’s bloody brilliant. Gothmog will be focused on Lanthir and it will take him, what two three weeks to break it?”

“I’m hoping for ten days. If Sir Aglaron can give us ten days and then fall back to Laerorn it will have been successful.”

“We’re not really going to try to destroy the blocking force are we?”

“Of course we’ll try to destroy them. But we won’t be taking too many risks. That force is led by a Balrog named Kâlraug. He must be destroyed one way or another.”

Alion nodded, “But our true objective is to block them from moving west.”

Now Molly couldn’t help grinning. “True.”

Alion looked over at Molly, “You plan to have the survivors of the three villages flee around the west side of the Bog.”

“Yes,” Molly stood up and moved to the table. “A general must always understand the true objective. We are not here to destroy Gothmog’s army. As nice as that would be. We don’t have the forces for it. We are trying to save as many Elves as possible.”

Alion pointed, “We’re blocking the army led by Kâlraug so he can’t fall on the refugees as they escape into Tumladen.”

“And Sir Aglaron Thlim Duilin, is performing the same function in the east. His job is to slow Gothmog and destroy as much of his army as possible before falling back.”

“I understand, but why keep this from the Captains?” Now it was Molly’s turn to look troubled. Before he could answer Alion spoke up, “You fear we have a traitor?”

“That or a spy.”

“That’s preposterous. None of us would betray our kind to the vile forces of Morgoth!” The offended anger filled Alion’s voice.

Molly looked into his furious green eyes and said calmly, “Then explain the erroneous scouting reports? Or the fact that on two occasions when we had part of Gothmog’s army trapped they slipped out? The only way is for someone to be reporting my plans.” Molly shook his head, “You’ll have to trust me Alion, I will tell MY Captains what they need to know, when they need to know it, and not a moment before.”

Molly could tell that Alion wanted to argue but then he nodded. “Aye, my lord, I understand. I don’t like it, but I understand.”


***

Gothmog looked out at his army as it moved up toward the river and grinned in pleasure. The village of Lanthir was just over the swift moving river and from here Gothmog could hear the sound of the water fall just south of his position. There was no way the village could resist his army and he eagerly awaited the sacking of another Elfish settlement. For a second he was distracted by the thought of the Maiar scum Sornohen. That one had proved to be an able commander but he was no match for the cunning of the Valaraukar and if Alarukë did her work properly he would be destroyed soon.

Abruptly, Elfish War-horns blasted the night air. Then cries rang out as Elves positioned within the trees on this side of the river started shooting. ‘Impossible’ Gothmog thought, ‘they can’t have the numbers to oppose my crossing.’

Just then an Orc war-chief raced toward Gothmog, “My lord, there is a strong force of pointy ears in the trees. We are being slaughtered.”

Gothmog had to resist the urge to smash his fist into the Orc’s ugly face. “Order the Troll companies forward. Their thick hides will protect them from arrows and they can push the Elves back into the river.”

“Aye, my lord.”

The Orc raced away to obey and Gothmog looked up at the battlefield ahead of him. The last few weeks had taught him to hate surprises. He’d gotten used to them from the Maiar Captain, Sornohen, but this new development annoyed him. For a moment he considered entering the fight personally but he’d learned not to do that. The last time he’d tried to face Sornohen in person the cursed Maiar had out maneuvered him and he’d been unable to control his Army. The result had been Sornohen and the Elves escaping and he took a beating.

Gothmog watched as his Trolls moved forward and grinned. He didn’t have as many of the creatures as he’d wanted so he had to be careful when and where he used them. Applied properly they were a devastatingly powerful force. Once they disappeared into the trees Gothmog rubbed his hands together in glee, this should end the Elf threat on this side of the river. There was only one bridge and the Trolls were driving straight for it.

Gothmog turned to the closest Orc War-Chief, “Order the third and fifth companies forward. They are to take the bridge and hold it.”

The Orc growled something that sounded like a proper response and rushed off. Gothmog waited and then an explosion ripped the air. Frustrated at not knowing what was going on Gothmog turned to the Orc leader of his scouts.

“Find out what just happened!”

The Orc saluted and rushed off. Now Gothmog started pacing. Should he order more forces forward? He doubted the entire village had as many Elves as the number of Orcs he’d already committed to the assault. Then a second and third explosion ripped the air. Gothmog whirled around and was able to see the entire tree line for a half mile in either direction burst into flames!

“By the eight legs of Ungoliant! The Elves are burning trees!”

The sight was impossible but the flames licked higher and higher turning into a conflagration. Then the leader of the scouts rushed up to Gothmog.

“My lord, this was a trap!” The Orc stopped talking and quailed under Gothmog’s glare.

“Go on.”

The Elves in the woods fled to the bridge once the Trolls attacked. We pressed the advantage and they fought hard upon the bridge. Once we’d driven them almost all the way to the other side they set off some clever device and the whole bridge dropped into the water!”

Gothmog felt his body almost burst into flame but he resisted. He had learned that being goaded by his opponent into taking a rash action only resulted in additional losses.

“At least Trolls are good swimmers. Even if the Orcs are lost, my Trolls will come up on the far bank and teach the Elves a hard lesson. Continue!”

“Um,” the scout chief looked worried, “Yes, your worship, but the current is very strong here, close to the falls. My scouts tell me that only one or two Trolls made it out of the river the rest went over the fall.”

Gothmog felt the shadows swirl around him and the heat he kept banked inside almost burst out.

“Tell me the rest.”

“Just as the bridge went down the cursed Elves used some magic or device to set the woods to flame. All four companies were trapped and destroyed.”

Now the flames burst from Gothmog’s clothing him in shadow and fire and he grew in size. Once at his full height he reached out and slammed a mighty fist into the terrified Orc killing him at once. Then Gothmog moved forward into the inferno the forest on this side of the river had become.

“The Elves would never think to set the trees alight. This has to be the work of Sornohen! He is somehow working with the leader of this village.”

Even as Gothmog said it, even at the height of his rage, he felt a shiver of fear. This Maiar Commander was making him look like a fool and what was worse he was slowly running out of Orcs! Morgoth wouldn’t be pleased if he had to ask for more Orcs.


***

Molly looked down on the fighting and knew it was almost time. Just as he’d thought, the commander of the second army had kept to the hills. He’d sent a company of infantry to probe and to try to draw them down but they’d stayed in place. Now Sir Thanradon, Captain of Molly’s infantry, was pulling them back. It was the right decision. Molly was tempted to land in the empty field and transform into Kratos and challenge the Balrog commander to a duel. But now wasn’t the time. He needed this army to stay where it was. Every day it focused on him and his small Warband was a day that the refugees from the last three villages got closer to Tumladen.

Molly turned and flew to where his army waited. They had set up camp on a ridge across the shallow valley from the Orc and Troll army. The day they’d arrived the Orcs had probed their defenses and now Molly had returned the favor. The valley floor held testament to the exchanges in the form of the dead.

The sun was high in the sky when Molly landed next to the observation platform that had been raised on the hill near his command tent. Molly felt his body shift as he changed from Griffin to Kratos and then climbed to the top of the platform. One of the things that Molly had discovered was that he had some control over the size of his Kratos form. At the moment he stood just a hand over six feet. If he chose he could have shifted to his battle form at just under twelve feet tall. At that height and weight he wasn’t sure the platform, where his Captains watched the fight, could have supported his weight.

“They appear reluctant to leave their hill.” Sir Fallaistra noted.

“Orcs learn slowly, but I think we’ve taught them what happens when they chase us.” Sir Nenthal remarked dryly.

“What now my lord?” Cainir asked.

“We wait,” Molly answered. “You have command of the archers Cainir. Make sure they’re ready. Next they will try to send a force around our north flank. The land is steep and they will think to catch us by surprise. Put your archers with the best night vision there.” Molly felt Kratos stir and knew what he was suggesting without needing to hear it. “Sadron send a messenger to Sir Thanradon, I need a company of light infantry to go with Cainir’s archers. If the sally makes it to the top of the ridge the infantry will be needed to destroy them. Or at least hold so we can reinforce. We cannot allow them to turn our flank.”

“My Lord, I have new reports from the field.” Tanna Greenleaf said and Molly felt Kratos sort of twist within him trying to look at the lovely young Elf.

“Come with me Tanna, you can report in my tent. That way I can see the map.”

As the two left Molly felt sure that his Captains knew that after her report there would be another reason for the privacy of the tent. He also sensed they were happy for him and Tanna. The Guards saluted as Molly approached, their red-gauntlets flashing in the sun. He’d become so used to them that Molly hadn’t even thought about the pair of guards that had fallen in behind them as he and Tanna walked to the tent.

Once the tent closed behind him Molly felt Tanna’s hand circle his neck and he started to shift into his Logan body.

“No, my love, stay as you are.”

“Are you sure? This form is very strong. I don’t want to accidently hurt you.”

“You wouldn’t hurt me.” The whisper was soft and sexy and Molly felt his body respond. With a slight effort he made the armor disappear and his naked phallus was already at attention. Tanna dropped to her knees staring at the foot long monster.

“I can still change.” Molly said.

“Nonsense, I was just thinking what a beautiful cock you have.” Then Tanna took him into her mouth and Molly let out a small gasp. When he’d been the female Molly, he’d had sex. The first time had been awkward and painful. After that it got better but it had been nothing compared to this. The power of a male orgasm was mind shattering and his body recovered in seconds. He and Tanna had already spent an entire afternoon fucking and Molly knew that once the refugees were safe and he could withdraw from this fight he would go wherever Tanna wanted. Molly knew in that moment that he never wanted to go back to being female.


***

In the early darkness just after dusk Tanna moved through the Elfish camp. Her green and brown leathers hugged her body as she moved away from the command tent. Her entire body hummed with pleasure and Tanna felt the Song of Ainur burning through her like a wild fire. Sex with Sornohen was like having sex with a thunderstorm. The passion and power was elemental and Tanna realized that she never wanted it to stop. As this realization hit her she froze mid-stride. For as long as she could remember there was only one thing she’d wanted, power. Now, the desire for power was still there, but it had been replaced with another desire, pleasure. But not just her pleasure, she realized that she gained pleasure from making Sornohen happy. This realization left her shaken to her core. For the first time in her existence she realized that there was someone she cared about more than herself. Afte a few minutes she continued through the camp.

Judging that she was far enough from the encampment Tanna knelt down and quickly built a small fire. It was no more than a few twigs and branches but it was enough. She focused on the fire and in her mind a gate opened and she felt her Captain respond.

* Yes, Alarukë, at last, report. *

* My lord Gothmog, our forces remain held at bay by Kâlraug’s army. We cannot reach you before you destroy the remaining villages. *

There was a long pause. * Are you sure Alarukë? The defenders here are not fighting as the Nolder normally fight. Has Sornohen left your force to lead these? *

* No! I just left his tent. Sornohen et Maiar is here, right now, in this camp!*

Alarukë felt Gothmog’s concern but then he nodded, * Aye, keep an eye on him. If you can keep him in bed and away from the battlefield then so much the better. Oh, and Alarukë, if you can kill him. Please do! *

The words sent a chill through Alarukë but she dropped her head and responded, * As my lord, Gothmog, commands. *

After that the connection broke and the woman wearing Tanna’s form stood up. Full night had descended and yet she had no trouble seeing. Alarukë looked around and satisfied that she’d been unobserved moved through the forest to where her scouts would be waiting. As she walked she considered her feelings. At first seducing and killing Sornohen had seemed like a simple plan and then she’d met him.

In her millennia of life Alarukë had never met anyone like Sornohen. When she’d had sex with him she’d felt the world shift around her and now she realized that she no longer cared about power. She didn’t wish to return to Angband and serve Morgoth. All she wanted to do was lay upon a set of furs with the rain gently falling beyond the canvas of a tent while her lord pushed his mighty cock into her.

Tanna felt an ache in her groin and her nipples grew hard as she thought about Sornohen. In that moment she decided no matter what happened here after she would focus on helping Sornohen and to the abyss with Morgoth and Gothmog. Then Tanna arrived at the edge of the woods and saw the archers were engaged in repulsing the sally that Sornohen had predicted. She quickly moved forward pulling Tanna’s bow from her shoulder and joined the forces firing into the Orcs below.

up
119 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I have to say

Tas's picture

I really never saw this coming. One of the fallen turning? That's a shocker. Now what happened to Tanna? And what's going to happen to Alarukë when she eventually reveals herself to Molly?

Speaking of Molly, I had wondered how long it would take for him to decide he didn't want to go back, but I expected it to be another chapter or two at least.

Now that several weeks have passed, what's been happening with Logan? I guess we'll find out next chapter.

-Tas

A honey trap misfiring, Molly

A honey trap misfiring, Molly must be quite a man !

Karen

Yes

Molly has the magic of the medallion giving her Logan's masculinity . . . then add in the magic of middle earth. She is already far more male than she was female.

Cheers
Zapper