Easy As Falling Out of the Tardis - A Fanfic Based on Angharad's "Easy As Falling Off a Bike"

Printer-friendly version

Auntie A inadvertantly challenged me to do this, so blame her...it is also being written 'live', so excuse any mistakes please. I won't be updating this nearly as frequently as Angharad, but more will be forthcoming.

Now, on with the show...

Easy As Falling Out Of The Tardis
A Fanfic by Jillian
Based on “Easy As Falling Off a Bike” by Angharad

Stella had been after Cathy to take her out and show her what it was she did with her dormice, so one night they went out along with Simon to introduce her to zoological field research, Cathy style. All was going well until as they were surveying the last nesting spot for the night it began raining. It came down harder and harder until they had no choice other than to retire for the night and head home.

Not far from the car Cathy slipped in some mud and fell, taking her fiancé with her. Once back at the vehicle, it was decided that they would huddle under the blanket Cathy kept in the boot and Stella would drive. It didn’t take too long for the lovebirds to drift off, leaving Stella to her own devices.

The rain was coming down so hard that Stella could barely see past the tip of her nose…and she was inside the car! Add to that the pre-dawn darkness that was conspiring to make it seem as if the car was completely cut off from the rest of the world and it would become easy to appreciate just how isolated she was feeling. Cathy and Simon were fast asleep in the back seat, oblivious to the raging storm.

As they tried to make their way home, Stella was stunned out of her relaxed state by a thud. She slammed on the brakes, causing the others to fall forward slamming into the back of the driver’s seat.

Cathy reached wakefulness first and shouted, “What was that?”

Simon quickly followed that up with, “Cor Stella! Give us a little warning next time!”

Somewhat shaken, Stella ignored Simon and responded, “I don’t know Sis.”

The three of them climbed out despite the rain and made their way to the front of the car, where they saw a man lying there on the road.

Simon quipped, “My God Stella, you’ve done it again!”

Stella shot daggers at her brother with her eyes and said, “It might be you next, brother dear.” This had the desired effect, as Simon quickly ceased his smart aleck posturing.

“What are we going to do about him?” Cathy asked, trying to bring the conversation back to reality.

Stella bent over the man and performed a quick check, finding that he seemed to be completely out of it. “Simon, will you give me a hand getting him in the car so we can take him to hospital?”

He assisted her, buckling the stranger into the passenger front seat for the journey. As they all piled back in to recommence their trip, something strange happened.

“What the…” blurted Simon as they watched the stranger begin to change in appearance. They sat there stunned into silence as the man’s features gradually shifted until he bore absolutely no resemblance to his previous self.

As they observed the spectacle before them, Stella forgot all about driving the man to the hospital and they found themselves sitting there silently observing this man. Once his appearance ceased changing Stella reached over to check for a pulse.
“Stella?” asked Cathy tentatively.

Just as tentatively she replied, “I’ve no idea.”

The rain let up just as the sun began making it’s appearance for the day. As a result, our weary travelers found themselves able to see the landscape around them for the first time. What they saw left them very puzzled.

Sitting back a little way from the road was an old-fashioned police box with it’s door slightly ajar. As if this weren’t a strange enough sight all by itself, they could see some light emanating from within.

Cathy was the first to notice the light, saying, “What on Earth is that doing there? I haven’t seen one of those in years!””

Incredulously Simon replied, “You’re asking me?”

Before the conversation could carry on any further, the stranger’s eyes popped open and he took a huge breath, shocking the intrepid trio into silence. He turned to face them and asked, “Right, what’s going on here?”

“We were sort of hoping you would know,” said Cathy as she stared at the stranger.

He suddenly popped his door open and tried to get out before realizing he was strapped into his seat. Quickly taking a look at the buckle of his lap belt, he released it and opened his door.

Just as quickly, Cathy jumped out of the car and intercepted the stranger before he had a chance to wander off on his own. “Wait!” she called. “Where are you going? And just who are you exactly?”

He looked directly at her for the first time and said, “Oh, you’re Lady Catherine Cameron!”

Caught off guard, Cathy slowly responds, “Umm…not quite yet.”

Ignoring what she had just said he ploughed on, “Pleasure to meet a fellow scientist. I’m called the Doctor.”

Confused, Cathy asked, “ Umm…Doctor…?”

“No, just the Doctor.”

Simon caught up to them and asked, “What’s going on here, babe?”

“I haven’t the foggiest.”

The Doctor carried on, “Actually Cathy, I’m here to help you.”

To Be Continued…

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Luverly Jubbly—Oops, sorry…

…wrong programme. But isn't it time David Jason played the part of Dr Who?

Great start, Jillian.

Hugs,
Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Brava Jillian,

Angharad's picture

I knew you could do it, now it's just about the stamina for the other 169 episodes.

Hugs niece,

Auntie Angharad

Angharad

169

I doubt any of us could pull that one of, like you can. You're the writing version of the energizer bunny... you keep going and going and going.... LOL. But I know I can't wait for your next chapter.

Much love.
Toni

easy as a tardis

title page now done for you :)

The Docter?? Who?

Very good start jillian keep it comming.
Melissa C

Love The Doctor

I'm interested to see where this will go... I'm a huge fan of The Doctor.

He *is* going to save the world here, isn't he?

Love the Doctor

Pinkwings's picture

Ah, it figures that I would find Whovians here. This story is off to a good start with the Doctor,Lady Cameron(Cathy) et al.

Pinkwings

regeneration

I expected him to regnerate into a female in this forum... Guess its been done before elsewhere...

Who?

Nice takeoff on the Dr. Who series. Well done, though I don't know how many on this side of the pond know who the doctor is. Angharad, you have a competitor.

marie c.

marie c.

competitor?

Angharad's picture

I see it more as a co-conspirator, and I did sort of 'dare' Jillian to have a go, so no regrets there, plus I get to see what someone else does with my characters.

Angharad

Angharad

What fun! I've been a big

What fun! I've been a big fan of "The Doctor" since he first appeared in the US. It is so refreshing to see a story using this genre and yet based on a most wonderful story written by Angharad. I hope many more chapters keep coming. Janice lynn

Who is that man

OK, you've got me laughing, Took me 1/2 the story before I knew what was happening.
Now I can read an alternative Cathy, Stella, and Simon. Doesn't That sound like a small mammal singing group ? Right up Cath's alley.

Cefin