The Accident

Printer-friendly version

The Accident.

Fiction by Johnny Cumlately

Rachel had spent a quiet Sunday afternoon and evening with her friend, Gwen, who lived in town. At about 9 o'clock she made her excuses as she had a heavy work load the next day. She lived alone in a small cottage up in the hills about a half hour drive away and knew the road well as she commuted daily.

It was late in November and Rachel was dressed in a thick white roll-top sweater and jeans. The earlier rain had cleared and there was a bright moonlit with a touch of frost. As the road climbed into the hills, the temperature dropped and where a culvert had overflowed there was a sheet of ice. Her car slid off the road and buried itself in a large oak tree. There was little traffic at that time on a Sunday night but fortunately another car passed only about a couple of minutes later and the driver saw what had happened and called the emergency services. They found Rachel unconscious and had some difficulty in freeing her from the wreckage. It was obvious that she had sustained serious injuries to her legs but those would have to wait as the paramedics needed to concentrate on life support until they reached hospital.

As soon as the emergency team had stabilised her condition, they had to cut away her jeans and panties and discovered that she had broken both legs and they suspected a fractured pelvis. They were used to unusual things in the A and E department, but even they were surprised to see that she had a penis and testicles which had been encased in a metal chastity cage. Part of the car must have pushed the cage back between her legs, crushing her testicles and almost severing her penis, accounting for most of the loss of blood.

…..................................................................

Raymond Whiteley ran a successful estate agency in the town. He was now 34 and had inherited the business when his father had died some five years earlier and his mother died soon afterwards. He had no brothers or sisters so now had no close relatives. He had sold the family house and bought a cottage up in the hills. He enjoyed solitude and being able to live his secret other life as a cross dresser. He used the femme name Rachel and spent almost all his time away from the office, dressed. Considerable practice had enabled him to pass as a very convincing girl. He wore his hair fairly long and was able to restyle it in a few minutes to look female. When dressed, he always wore a chastity cage to prevent unwanted erections. There was a small TG community in the town and Rachel had developed several close friendships there, his friend Gwen being one of them.

Few other people knew his secret but one couple who did was the neighbouring farmer, Fred, and his wife, Margaret. They had quickly accepted him/her at face value. He had put a lot of effort into modernising the cottage, often with Fred's help and Margaret was happy to advise Rachel on more feminine matters. They had invited Rachel to join them for their Christmas dinner.

The morning after the accident, they were not surprised to have a visit from the local policeman.

“I suppose you know about the accident. Seems there was no other vehicle involved. There was a girl driving but the car was registered to Mr Whiteley and there was a credit card in the girl's handbag with the name Rachel Whiteley. There doesn't appear to be anyone at home at the moment.
Was he married?”

Fred and Margaret were always extremely discreet but in view of the circumstances felt they had to explain.

“No. He's not the marrying type. Actually, Raymond and Rachel are one and the same person. He's a cross dresser.”

“Oh! That explains it, doesn't it? Well, it takes all sorts to make the world and its not illegal.”

A few minutes later, the telephone rang. It was a reporter from the local paper. This time, Fred was not very helpful. Yes. They knew about the accident but didn't have any details. Yes. Mr Whiteley is a good neighbour but we don't pry into his affairs.

…....................................................................................

Rachel came round later in the night. She told the nurse her name was Rachel but she was heavily sedated and could not remember anything about the crash. Further investigation had shown that apart from a bump on the head and cuts and bruises, all her injuries were to her legs and lower abdomen, and were not life-threatening. She was moved into a side ward as the staff could not decide whether to treat her as male or female!

Next morning, she was taken to the operating theatre for her “plumbing” to be sorted out which they considered more urgent than resetting bones. It was a difficult operation and they were unable to save her penis. Her testicles had been crushed anyway but the surgeon managed to reroute her urethra and, for the time being, installed a catheter. That evening, when she had regained consciousness, the surgeon came to talk to her.

“Hello. I'm Dr Robinson. I'm in charge of the team which has operated on you today. How are you feeling?”

“A bit sore down below, my legs hurt, and I've got a headache.”

“You're extremely lucky to be alive. The combination of airbag and safety belt undoubtedly prevented much worse injuries. The good news is that you should be up and about in a few weeks when we have got your legs sorted out, which we will start on tomorrow. But I have to tell you that your penis and testicles are gone for good. I'm not sure whether you might regard that as good news as you obviously enjoy passing as female, but I suppose its the next best thing to having a full sex change operation. I've given you a new outlet for urine and am hopeful that you will not be incontinent once it has all healed. If you ever want an artificial vagina, it might just be possible but there's not much left to work with. Either way, you will have to decide on your future so that we can prescribe appropriate hormone drugs.”

He wasn't sure whether Rachel had taken in what he had said, as she just nodded her head and said “Thank you”.

“OK. Get some sleep now. I'll come and see you again tomorrow.”

….................................................................

Rachel had several visitors over the next couple of days. The first was Margaret from the farm. She had a key to the cottage so had been able to collect things which any girl might want who suddenly found themselves in hospital – two nighties and a bag full of toiletries and cosmetics. She told her that the car was being written off and that Fred was looking after the necessary paperwork and had contacted the insurance company. The police had confirmed that they regarded it as an unfortunate accident and were not preferring any charges. She promised to return in a few days but to ring if Rachel wanted anything.

The second visitor was a local hairdresser who did the rounds of the hospital. She gave Rachel a shampoo and set which cheered her up considerably.

Next was Gwen, Rachels' TG friend in town. Naturally, she wanted to hear all the intimate details of the injuries. “Well, my dear, it looks as though you are definitely on your way to permanent womanhood, but I knew it would not have been long anyway.”

Soon after Gwen, Dorothy arrived. She was Raymond's secretary in the estate agency. “Hello, Rachel. We meet at last! Working closely with you, I've had my suspicions for some time. The way you kept your hair and trimmed your eyebrows. An occasional whiff of perfume and traces of make up. Your secret other life is now common knowledge, I'm afraid, especially as the accident was reported in the local rag. The staff in the office can't wait to meet their new boss. You're very popular, you know. Don't worry about the business. It's all in competent hands. And most clients don't really know you as they only appear when they want to move house, which is not very often.”

Everyone seemed to take it for granted that Rachel's transition would be permanent. Raymond had always been frightened of publicity but the secret was out now and it would be more embarrassing if she returned to work as Raymond. So her mind was now made up and on Dr Robinson's next ward round, she gave him that decision.

“Very well. I will give you a strong dose of oestrogen. It will be in a slow release subcutaneous capsule and as you no longer produce testosterone it should show results surprisingly quickly. I will also arrange for you to go through the usual transgender counselling.”

.............................................................................

Raymond died in the accident. Rachel is very much alive and living a full life in her new gender.

Fiction by Johnny Cumlately

[email protected]

June 2015

up
227 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

a cautionary tale

for wearers of chastity cages perhaps nice story

chastity cage?

licorice's picture

that one part didn't seem to add anything to the story. I mean this all could've been done without the use of a chastity cage. It begs the question why was he/she wearing it in the first place?

Well written.

It is a good story. And in my opinion, the chastity belt could add up to the severity of damages for character's you know which part. lol
And I think that 'belt' is nothing new for TG community right?

cheers :)