Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 5: Volume 1: Chapter 04

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse Book 5: “The Gambling Man.”

Volume 1: “De La Plata Podrido.”

Chapter 04: “Cooking With Insanity.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

It was eleven ten AM, during a cool sunny morning, on a weekday, just after the Rats Nest has opened for the day. It has been a few days after Rock and Revy had picked up their GTO, from Hernan's garage.

It was a sunny day, which could be seen from the large windows of the Rats Nest.

It was late morning, as Sam and Lee were playing cards at their usual left, back corner table inside the Rats Nest. With them sitting in chairs, in their usual places. With Sam sitting with his back to the left, back, corner, and Lee sitting on the right side of the table, as they faced each other.

Lee and Sam were both dressed in their variations of their usual casual, masculine clothing. With Sam in his black cowboy boots. And Lee in his blue cloth jacket, glasses, and blue baseball cap.

Besides the two men, the only other person in the bar at that time of day was the beautiful bartender of the Rats Nests.

The bartender was standing behind the bar counter. She was wearing, among other things, a blue short sleeved shirt, red pants, blue plastic belt around the waistline of her pants, white socks, and blue tennis shoes. And while the clothing did not really do the bartender's figure, justice. The simple clothing did look nice on her.

The current card hand, between Lee and Sam, had been going on for the last ten minutes, because the conversation they were having, had become too interesting for each other, for them to continue the game, for the moment.

Their usual discussion during their games widely varied. From topics of politics, religion, and history. To fiction and non-fiction related subjects. Though, Lee was very careful not to let slip that he was a anime and sci-fi fan. As far as everyone knew, he stuck to action movies.

Presently, Sam had brought up the topic of piracy on the high seas, centuries ago.

Sam stated, “What I don't understand most of all is how women back then could become pirates?”

Lee thought, 'This is a very dangerous topic to talk about, considering who we are living with at the hotel. I have to kill the discussion in a rational manner, by leading it to its logical conclusion.'

Lee explained, “Well, I can understand why women back then found an appeal to be pirates. Back then, there are not many opportunities for women outside of the home. And the thrill of being an outlaw probably appealed to them.”

“Human nature has not changed much in the last millennium, and some people, of any gender, have a rebellious streak. And historically, those women that were not sold into slavery, or rape and killed, that were able to make it as pirates, were usually more dangerous than the men.”

“To top even that, pirate women that were caught by the English common law found a loophole that bought them time to escape the hangman's noose.”

Sam asked, with interested in his tone of voice, “What was the loophole?”

Lee answered, “Well, at the time, English common law was based on Christianity. And the laws at the time forbid executing women that have become pregnant, until they gave birth. Though, it usually didn't save these women for long.”

Sam chuckled. He then inquired, “Well score one for pro-life. What are the details?”

Lee stated, “The technical term is called, pleading the belly. Not joking here. That is what it is called. To most famous examples of this defense were the pirate women, Anne Bonny, and Mary Read. And while this only delayed their execution, it bought them time.”

“Anne was able to escape, with her father's help. Though, Mary later died after giving birth to her child.”

“It should be noted that those two women were good friends of Jack Rackham, as in Calico Jack. And that it is likely their children were Jack's. And for Anne, this would have been Anne's second child with Jack. Their first was named, Cunningham, which she gave birth to in Cuba.”

Sam said, “I knew about Calico Jack. But, I didn't know all the details, as you mentioned them. I got to give Calico credit. He could not save himself from hanging, but he made damn sure to do his best to see his girlfriends escape the hangman's noose.”

Lee agreed, “Yes. It gets better. Anne ended up in Charleston, South Carolina, where she gave birth to hers and Jack's second child. She then married another man, and gave birth to another ten children. Anne even live to be eighty years old. And that was over two and a half centuries ago. So, on top of everything else, many of the people in the deep south of Dixie, have some badass pirate blood flowing in their veins.”

Sam replied, “That is interesting. You know a lot about the southeastern United States of America?”

Lee admitted, “Of course. It is my homeland.” He placed some money in the pot, as he stated, “Call.”

Both men showed their cards, and Lee lost.

Sam collected the pot and cards, as he asked, “So, there is pirate history in the U.S.?”

Lee thought, 'It won't hurt to answer this question. And Sam has earned my trust... To a degree.'

As Lee handed his cards over to Sam, he answered, “Yes. During the colonial period, there were pirate hangouts all along the golden isles and other island chains along the southeastern coast of what is now the U.S.”

“A couple of these pirate hangouts still exist. Such as the Pirates House in Savannah, Georgia. It is still a bar and restaurant. They even have a trapdoor, that centuries ago, pirates use to get their victims drunk and shanghaied them, as a tourist attraction.”

“Though, that trapdoor is not used anymore. And they make a good key lime pie, there.”

Sam collected the cards and he started shuffling, as he questioned, “Interesting. So, you have been there.”

Lee stated, “Yes. And Savannah is an interesting city to visit. The people there are nice. Though, a bit... Off.” Lee then mentally reflected, in sadness, 'Except I will likely never see that place, any other other part of my homeland, again.'

Just then, one of the cards Sam was shuffling slipped out, glided slightly in the air, under the table, to land by Lee right foot.

Lee said, “I got it.”

Sam replied, “Thank you.”

Lee reached down, and he picked the card up off the floor.

When Lee came up, he handed the card to Sam.

Sam quickly finished shuffling, and dealt each of them five cards.

Lee picked up his cards to see what he had. He thought, 'This is a pretty good hand.'

As Sam picked up his five cards, he noticed something around Lee's neck.

Sam asked, “What is that?” Sam the put his cards in his left hand, as he used his right index finger to point at the middle of Lee's chest.

Lee looked down, and he saw that the mysterious small ring, that had come with the Devil's Hotel business card, and Rats Nest flier. He had put the ring on a string to make into a necklace, which had come out from under his shirt.

Lee stated, “I got this ring a while back. I don't know much about it. It is a total mystery.”

Sam held out his right hand, as he requested, “Can I see it?”

Lee thought, 'There is no harm in doing so. And he might know the ring's origins.' He replied, “Sure.”

Lee took off the ring necklace, and handed it to Sam.

Sam set his cards face down. He took the necklace from across the table.

Lee was silent, as Sam looked at the ring in his hand for the next several seconds.

Sam then handed the ring necklace back to Lee.

Lee took the ring back. He put the string back around his neck, with the ring on his front side, as he asked, “You wouldn't happen to know the origin of that ring?”

Sam answered, “It is chinese in origin. There are four symbols lightly engraved on the inside of the ring. The four symbols translate to four things. Which is fitness, health, longevity, and lock. And I think the ring was meant as a good luck charm for a child. Because only a child could wear that ring. Still, the ring is real. That is real gold, and those jewels are real. Be careful, someone might try to steal it from you.”

Lee dropped the ring necklace back under his shirt, he thought, 'Pay dirt. Now, to just figure out how that fits into this situation. And Sam knows chinese. Interesting.' He said, “Thanks for the warning. And I did not realize you knew chinese?”

Lee could see that his question caught Sam off guard, as Sam quickly picked up his hand of cards.

Sam shuffled his cards, in his hands. He then looked at Lee, as he stated, “Yes. I know some chinese. And, by the way, I overheard yesterday that those crazy women were planning on leaving the island.”

Sam's commented got Lee's attention, as he thought, 'Now, that is a skillful way to change the subject. And it shows that Sam knows I am interested in the women, he probably just doesn't know why. Also, the matter of their leaving is more important, than learning how and why Sam knows chinese.'

'Sam just played me. And we both know it. If I try to ask any more about him knowing chinese, he is going to ask me while I am interested in the women, I warned him to stay away from. That would blow up in my face, and likely ruin the one genuine friendship I have ever had in my life. So, I will just let the matter drop, and move onto the more important matter.'

Lee inquired, “Why?”

Sam looked at his cards, as he answered, “It seems they are unable to find the person they are after, and they are starting to think he may have left town.”

Lee thought, 'Oh no. Keeping those women here is very important to my plans. I am screwed if they leave. I got to do something quickly to keep them in town, but what?... If I do anything direct, I will likely give myself away to them, as they writer.'

'So, I have to do something indirect. It has to be simple message that proves I am here, but untraceable to me... That is so crazy, it might just work. The question is, will she go for it?'

Lee put his cards face down, as he turned to Sam. He asked, “Sam, where is the nearest location of a person that sells burner phones?”

Sam looked up at Lee. He set his cards down. Next, he used his right hand to pull out a cellphone from his pocket. He stated, “No need. I have one right here. I have yet to use it. And you can keep it. They are fairly cheap. If you know where to get them from.”

Sam handed the phone to Lee. As Lee took the phone, he replied, “Thank you. Also, I will be one moment.”

Lee held the cellphone in his left hand, as he used his right hand to pull out a fifty dollar bill from his money, on the table.

Lee got up, with the untraceable, and fifty dollar bill, in his hands.

Lee turned around, and walked over bartender, whom was near the back end of the bar counter.

As the bartender turned to face him, Lee smiled at her. He held up the fifty dollar bill, while he offered, “Would you like to make a quick fifty dollars, and get a small measure of revenge on the women that wrecked your bar, a while ago?”

The woman cracked a grin, as she answered, “Sure. What do you have in mind?”

Lee started, “Okay. Here is what I need you to do, after I dial the number for you.”

Five minutes later, the woman held the cellphone in her right hand, against the right side of her face. She finished her conversation, “Yes. That is the word. And it is spelled exactly like that. And give that message to Rock and Revy. Thank you.”

After the woman hung up the cellphone, Lee handed her the fifty dollars, which she took in her left hand. Lee smiled at the bartender, as he complimented her, “Beautiful, my dear. Absolutely beautiful. Now, I need the cellphone back.”

The woman handed Lee the cellphone, as she stated, “A pleasure doing business with you.”

Right after Lee had the cellphone in his hand, he quickly took out the sim card in the phone. He broke it in half. He then threw both the phone and the sim card pieces into a nearby trash can, by the back end of the bar counter.

Lee then walked back over to the bartender. He stood across the counter from her, as he said, “My dear, it is unfortunate that I cannot give you the punch line to this joke. But, I assure you that we just rolled those women hard.”

The woman pocketed the cash, as she replied, “It can live with that. And with this.”

The woman lightly put her hands in Lee's cheeks. She leaned over the bar counter, and quickly kissed him on the lips.

As second later, after she broke the kiss, Lee was slightly shocked by what just happened to him.

All Lee could find the words to say was, “Thank you.”

The woman pulled out a cold beer bottled, from a small refrigerator below the counter. She set the bottle on the bar table, as she smiled at Lee. She replied, “No problem. And here is a free bottle of beer.”

Lee returned her smile, as he took the bottle back with him.

Lee then turned around, and returned to the table he was shared with Sam.

As Lee approached the table, he saw Sam chuckling.

After Lee sat down, at his usual chair, he said, “Laugh it up. I just got a free bottle of beer, and kiss from a pretty girl. I think my day is looking up.”

By then, Sam had calmed down. Sam commented, “That is not what I am laughing about. I know you just did something stupid in dealing with the very that women you warned me about.”

Lee picked up his cards, as he smirked. He stated, “It is all in what you know, and how you play your hand.”

Lee mentally reflected, 'And boy did I just lay down a major bet in the pot, of the proverbial poker game I am playing with those women. Still, it might be best if I think about something else. How about I think about what I will get for lunch? And when? I believe I will go to the burger food truck in an hour? Or so? I feel like I could eat a hamburger and some fries.'

The two friends then continued their poker game, with Lee winning the current hand.

(_)

An hour later, at the Devil's Hotel front lobby, Rock and Revy had returned to the hotel lobby, from an errand they had just ran.

As they passed by the check in desk, one of the clerks on duty said, in english, “Madams, you have a message.”

The clerk's comment caught Rock and Revy's attention, as they stopped, and turned towards the check in desk. They then walked to the check in desk.

As the two women stood side by side, in front of the check in desk, with Rock to Revy's left side, they looked at the female clerk that spoke to them.

Rock asked, “What was the message? And by who?”

The female clerk pulled out folded piece of paper, as she stated, “A woman called an hour ago. And the message she gave for you both is written here.”

She handed Rock the envelope.

And Rock opened the piece of paper, and read it.

Revy asked, “What is it?”

Rock looked at the paper, as she answered, “One word.”

Revy requested, “Let me see.”

Rock turned to Revy, as she handed Revy the paper.

Revy took the paper and read it. She then turned to looked at Rock, as she asked, “Huh?”

Rock shrugged, as she responded, “You got me. I will go upstairs, get on the internet, from our laptop, and find out the meaning to this word. I will join you in a little while, at the hotel bar, for some lunch.”

Revy replied, “Okay. Here is the piece of paper back.” She handed the piece of paper back.

Rock took the piece of paper, as she said, “Thanks.”

Revy responded, “See you at lunch.” She then walked passed Rock, and towards the left side of the lobby, which let to the hallway, where the entrance to the hotel restaurant and bar was located at.

Meanwhile, Rock held the piece of paper in her hand. She she then headed for the elevator bay, on the right side of the hotel lobby.

Three minutes later, Rock was in the hotel room she shared with Revy.

Rock was sitting at the table in their room, with her laptop booted up. The piece of paper was sitting on the table, to her right side, by the laptop.

A minute later, Rock logged onto her account, and then onto the internet. She then began her search.

Most of the results were on food.

Rock muttered to herself, “I know I am not looking for food. So, what else is that name attached to?”

It was then that Rock stumbled upon a website with several pictures on it.

Her jaw dropped at what she saw.

But, as she continued looking, she began to like what she saw.

Rock made a lecherous smile, as she said to herself, “You know what. These pictures are not half bad.”

(_)

Meanwhile, at the hotel restaurant and bar, Revy walked up the bar counter to get some rum, when she passed by Akira and Natsuru.

Akira and Natsuru were sitting in chairs, beside each other, while having a quiet meal and drink at the bar counter, as well. With Akira sitting to Natsuru's right side, as the two faced the counter.

Revy also noticed that Melvin was on the far side of the bar counter, taking another customer's order.

Natsuru and Akira turned to Revy, as Natsuru greeted her, “Hi Revy. How are you doing today?”

Revy turned to the two women, as she said, “Fine. How are you two?”

Natsuru answerer, “We are doing well.”

Revy asked, “Where is Ranma? You three are almost never separated.”

Akira stated, “We're not that bad. Though, she and Shenhua wanted to spar a little, right now. And we wanted some lunch.”

Revy commented, “Well, that figures.”

Akira asked, “Any leads on the target?”

Revy answered, “Unfortunately, no. Rock, I, and a few others, are thinking that if no leads turn up, it might be best if we leave in a few days.”

Akira shrugged, as she halfheartedly responded, “Oh well. It was a long shot, anyway. The target likely just sent the message, and then ran, in an attempt to send us on a wild goose chase.”

Revy admitted, “That is possible. Still, I wonder what the message we got a few minutes means?”

Akira inquired, “What message?”

Revy said, “A woman called the front desk, and she left a one word message that means nothing to me, and Rock. Rock went to our room to look it up on the internet. The word is, Tex-Mex.”

Akira and Natsuru's eyes bulged at the word.

Revy noticed this, as she asked, “What is it?”

Akira answered, “It's your lead. We have to get to Rock, and talk to you both about this.”

(_)

Four minutes, after paying for their meals, and leaving a tip, they headed for the elevators, and arrived at the floor of the suite that Revy and Rock were staying at, the three women reached Revy and Rock's room.

Revy used her key to unlock the door. Akira then quietly opened the door, as Revy pocketed her key.

As they entered the suite, they found the lights were off. The curtains were drawn, leaving the main room of the suite almost completely dark, except for the lights coming from the hallway.

They then noticed the one light was coming from on top of the table across the room. The light was from Rock and Revy's laptop, with Rock's silhouette right in front of the laptop monitor.

Akira quickly shut the door to the hallway, as they slowing made their way further into the suite.

As they approached the source of the light, the three women heard Rock make slight moaning sounds.

Due to the light from the laptop, and the angle she was at to them, the three women could see that her right hand was on the mouse attached to the laptop, while her left hand was buried deep between her legs, inside the top, middle part of her pants.

Revy shouted, “Rock!” She continued his a more normal tone of voice, “I thought we agreed we would only do that together.”

Rock immediately froze.

Akira then walked over, by the hallway door, and flipped on the ceiling lights, as Revy approached her lover.

Rock quickly pulled her left hand out of her pants, and began wiping it on the cloth of her left pants legging.

Revy looked down at Rock, as Rock turned to her right, to look at Revy's face.

Revy noted that Rock's face was beat red.

The smell alone told Revy what Rock had been doing.

Revy stated, “Go get yourself cleaned up. We will talk about this, later.”

Just as Rock was about to get up, Revy saw what was on the computer scene, and her eyes widened at the manga style picture she saw. She asked, “Is that me? I have never done that before, but I am now tempted to try.”

Akira walked up beside Revy. She looked down at Rock, as she commented, “Don't feel bad about it. We have all done it before.”

Natsuru was right behind her. She looked at the computer screen, as she complimented, “Nice find Rock. That is one of his better pieces of art.”

Rock turned to Akira and Natsuru, as she inquired, with surprised in her tone of voice, “You two know about this?”

Akira answered, “Yes.”

Natsuru explained, “Actually, this situation is kinda twisted on several levels. Tex-Mex is an alias by the same person that created the Black Lagoon series. As Tex-Mex, he produced pornographic manga. Including, porn about some of the people from the Black Lagoon realities. Especially the babes. As Revy is finding out now. In other words, you have been pleasuring yourself to pictures drawn by your very own creator about your lover, and your friends.”

Rock looked away from the other three adults, and the laptop screen, as she said, with embarrassment, “I think I will take that shower, now.”

Revy looked over at Rock, as she stated, “While you do that, I am calling the girls. This is just too insane not to share.”

Rock begged, “Revy, please leave my indiscretion out of it.”

Revy smiled, as she replied,“Don't worry. I will.”

Revy then looked back at the computer screen. She walked closer to the laptop, as she used the laptop mouse, to look through some of the pictures, and other information that Rock had pulled up, on various windows, on the computer screen.

As Rock headed for the bathroom to take a shower, she overheard Revy state, “Wait a minute. Here is a list of those with breast sizes dealing with me, and the other original girls. And it is translated into english.”

“Okay, I will give Janet her due. She does have a nice pair of breasts. I have seen them first hand, in the nude... Hold on. Eda has bigger breasts than me? By two cup sizes?! Come on! Even Tex-Mex admits right here in the list that I would be pissed when I found that out. So, why did he give me a smaller breast size than her, in the first place?”

Revy thought, 'Well, to be honest, one cup size. The pregnancy did up my cup sizes, on both breasts by one. But, this is still annoying.'

Rock inwardly chuckled at Revy's comment. As she entered the bathroom, and turned on the bathroom lighting, she thought, 'And who says that God does not have a sense of humor. At least now I know my creator does. I found that list a minute ago. I was going to tell Revy about it. But, her finding out this way is much more fun.'

'Still, the one thing I have wisely never talked to Revy about my breasts being larger than hers. They still are, even after I had the breast reduction surgery. This is because I know better than to remind Revy about such things.'

(_)

Twenty minutes later, Rock had finished her shower, and she was wearing a bathrobe, as she sat in a chair, in the bedroom of her suite, as Revy helped her blow dry her hair.

Natsuru was on the phone, talking to those at the check in desk, on information about the phone number used to call in the message.

Meanwhile, they had rounded up the heads of their group to come to their room, and look at what they found.

Those that had arrived were Ranma, Violin, Aeryn, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton.

As each of them looked at the pictures, they had a different response to viewing the pictures.

Ranma flatly commented, “I have seen better drawn nude porn of myself in both forms.”

Shenhua said, “Oh my. Even I didn't know that position was humanly possible. And to see my counterpart do that is a real treat.”

Sawyer blushed, as she said, “I wish I had such good taste in clothing as my counterpart does.”

Lotton asked, “Can I have copies?”

In response to Lotton's comment, Sawyer lightly elbowed Lotton in the left side of her chest.

Violin admitted, “I think I may have seen some of these.”

Aeryn, Violin's wife, warned, “I hope not.”

Violin apologized, “Sorry honey. It was before I remembered who I was. At the time, I was a really horny, teenage fangirl with access to the internet. Though, to be honest, these pictures are tame compared to some of the pictures I have seen when I was a teenager, both times.”

Aeryn said, in a firm tone of voice, “Then, we have much to discuss, later this evening.”

Violin winched, as she replied, “Yes, dear.” Violin then turned to address the group, “Well, it looks like our target is here. Only, I am surprised that our target would yank our chains like this.”

Natsuru said, “We really need to take this guy down.”

Rock questioned, “Are we sure it is a guy? The front desk said it was a woman's voice on the other end of the phone. Could the writer be a woman?”

Revy said, “That is doubtful. No woman is that twisted.” She then noticed the rest of the group was looking at her. Revy quickly added, “At creating fiction.”

Ranma pointed out, “Don't be so sure. Keep in mind that it was a woman that created my series.”

Akira said, “I have been affected longest by our target. My gut says the writer is a guy, not a girl.”

Rock noticed that Natsuru had just gotten off the phone. She asked the blue haired woman, “Any luck on the phone number?”

All eyes turned Natsuru, as Natsuru looked back at the others. Natsuru responded, “The phone number is no good. The number was a cellphone. And from what those at the front desk told me, the caller ID on it meant that it was unregistered.”

Lotton commented, “Untraceable number, and a third party voice. This guy is smooth. If I was back in my old life. And we were not after him. I would consider hiring him.”

The other women frowned at her.

Lotton defended herself, “Think about this, ladies. He originally baited us to come here in the first place. And the moment we talk about pulling up stakes, he baits us, again. For some reason, he wants us close to him. And he wants us to knows that we know he is still here.”

Aeryn said, “But, how did he know we are planning on leaving? From what I understand, we only talked about leaving in the privacy of our room.”

Shenhua agreed, “That is a good point, Aeryn.”

Sawyer suggested, “Could our target be a telepath?”

Violin answered, “No. Trust me on this.”

Inside Violin's soul, Harvey said her, 'That is correct, Violin. I have sense no one trying to deeply scan our mind since we arrived here. And might I add what you and Aeryn did last night was fantastic.'

Violin mentally asked, 'Harvey, cut the small talk for right now. We will discuss such subjects after this meeting is over. So, what about surface scans?'

Harvey mentally stated, 'Well Violin, it is possible for me to not detect a surface scan. But, they would have to be a profession for me to not notice. And our target has no access to such training. So, I can assure you that there are no telepaths after us. It is likely someone overheard us the old fashioned way. Through gossip.'

Violin questioned, towards the group, “Is it possible for one of us to have mentioned to the kids that we were planning on leaving soon? Let's be honest, teenagers are not known to keep secrets. They could have just mentioned it in the bar, and someone overheard them.”

Revy cursed, “Damn. I did say something to our kids that they might think about getting packed. Someone could have put the pieces together from them talking about that in the open.”

Akira commented, “It was an innocent mistake. Anyone could make it. We just have to be more careful.”

Natsuru said, “Girls, look on the bight side. Our target is here. Our target wants us to know he is here. If we are patient, our target might slip up, and reveal himself. Until then, we will continue the search for him.”

Rock complimented, “Good plan.”

The rest of the women just nodded in agreement.

(_)

At that moment across town, Lee was walking down the sidewalk, towards the burger food truck, that Eda and Yolanda ran.

The two blond women had set up the food truck to catch Lee. Though, the two women did not know that Lee was on to them. And instead, he was able to keep his identity secret to them, while enjoying their good cooking.

About fifteen minutes ago, at the Rats Nest, when Lee invited Sam to come eat with him, Sam had decline. Sam told Lee that he did not go with Lee to the burger truck, because he was in the mood for some Italian food.

Though, Sam did wish Lee a good lunch. And Lee did the same.

Though, Sam had gone to the burger food truck with Lee a few times. But, Sam stated that fried american food was not his thing. Lee respected his wishes. With the two men agreeing to meet back up at the Rats Nest in an hour.

Lee turned the corner, on the sidewalk, and was now on the beach sidewalk, right in front of the burger fan.

The food truck itself was standard food truck one would find in a large city. The type of food that parked near construction sight.

In this case, the truck was parked across the street, from the beach. With the truck order window facing the sidewalk, which was twenty feet in depth, before the sidewalk ended in front of store shops and a few homes. The wide sidewalk ran for several blocks along side the two lane beach road, with the only gaps being for the roads that connective to the beach road.

The food truck had an awning that was raised up, over the sidewalk in front of it. The awning revealed the side order window of the truck, and to provide shade for the customers.

There were metal tables, metal chairs. With large umbrellas set up over the tables, to provide shade for those that set in the chairs, at the tables.

The two blond women parked their food truck in same place every day.

They parked there around ten AM and left around six PM.

Lee did not know where Eda and Yolanda took their food truck during the night, nor did he know where they were staying. All Lee was sure about was they were not staying at the Devil's Hotel, with the other women.

And its location was not very far from the Rats Nest, nor Devil's Hotel.

The food truck served a variety of bottled sodas, bottled water, french fries, various potato chips, along with hamburgers and sandwiches of different types.

As Lee approach the food truck, he saw that there was a small line in front of the order window, which Eda was manning the window. With the two blonds taking turns manning the window and cooking the food.

Lee thought, 'Given it is lunch time, I am surprised the line is this short. Not that I am complaining. Still, I have found that Eda and Yolanda's food truck was fairly popular. And no one had gotten sick from eating their food.'

'I know for a fact that the Eda and Yolanda run a first rate operation here. If they ran the Ripoff Church in Roanapur with the level of professionalism, no wonder they were a major players in that badass city.'

'Their food is good, their prices are fair, the service is decent, and they keep their food truck clean on the inside, and outside. They followed very strict hygiene standards in preparing their food. And all it all these things keep me coming back for more of their food. Even though they set this food truck up as a trap to catch me.'

'Still, I am honestly surprised that I have never seen any of Revy's group there... Of course, Revy and Eda's two operations are working in tandem with each other. If Revy's group shows up here, they think they may blow both their cover, and Eda and Yolanda's cover. Oh the irony. They already blew their cover. Not that I care. I am still going to eat here when I feel like it. I will just be careful in what I say to them, when I eat here.'

'On that thought, I have to remember that I don't officially know the names of these two women. Though, I never gave them my name. So, I just have to be careful on that point. If I am not, I will give myself away.'

Lee then quietly stood in the back of the short line, as he waited his turn to make his meal order.

(_)

Meanwhile, on the inside of the order window, Eda manned the cash register at the order window, where she took the orders, and Yolanda did the cooking.

They were both dressed in light brown long skirts, light brown long sleeve button up blouses, and black, flat sole slippers. Also, did not have her shades on. Without her shades on, her customers saw her blue eyes, which gave them a more personal feeling when meeting her, and thus improving their business.

Yolanda had a similar effect on customers, with her blue eyes, when she manned the order window.

While this was not the flashiest clothing there was, neither woman minded the clothing they decided on, because their clothing looked a lot better on them than a nun's habit. And their clothing looked casual enough, that they did not have to immediately change clothes after work. While their clothing still retained enough of a professional look, to work as a restaurant uniform.

With the heater in the van, they were warm. And the long sleeves protected Yolanda's arms as she cooked.

Yolanda wore a hairnet of her should blond hair, when she was cooking. And Eda did the same, over her long blond hair, when she did the cooking, on the few times that Yolanda felt like swapping places.

And both women were fluent in spanish. They both spoke it almost as well as they did english.

Still, Eda was dealing with a problem that day, which was, for lack of a better term, being that she was horny.

As Eda took her current order, in spanish, from the mexican man she was look at, she thought, with annoyance, 'I would kill to a find a decent man in this town that I like. My tastes in latin american, in that way, died a long time ago, after an operation that turn rotten for me.'

'And though I am bi, I am more of the bi, in the way that women are okay women being with other women, but I still prefer to be with a man.'

'And even if I wanted to sleep with someone, it would not be anyone latin american. Neither male, nor female.'

'And it would not be Revy, nor none of her group at the hotel. For a few very important reasons. Including, the fact I actually once did a threesome with Revy and Rock, a few years ago. Never again. I though I was wild in bed. I am not.'

'On the other, Revy is a tigress in bed. And Rock is a close second. Throw in that instant man powder, and given the things we did, it is was a minor miracle that none of us got pregnant from that night. And none of them involved sleep. That night I realized they were too crazy for me, and the rest of their group are crazier than they are.'

'Though, I will never tell her to her face. And even with Yolanda young again, with her right eye restored. When I look at her, I see the old hag she was when I first worked with her. And she told me she doesn't find me that attractive either. She knows me too well.'

'Also, given we are both young, slender, fair skinned, blond babes, some of the fools here have actually mistaken Yolanda and I for sisters. Yolanda find its funny. I find it annoying.'

'Still, I have got to find a man, before I get too desperate. I would settle for a half decent piece of male ass, right now.'

Eda then noticed Lee in line, as she mentally continued, 'There is that guy again.'

Eda took a good hard look at Lee. She licked her lips, as she thought, 'He has a lean body. And he seems to be losing weight. He is decent looking. He is always clean. He has always has been polite to me, and Yolanda. And he tips well. He'll do.'

(_)

A few minutes later, Lee reached the front of the line.

As Lee came to a stop in front of the order window, he looked act Eda. He calmly said, “Good afternoon.”

Eda responded, “Good afternoon to you.”

Lee gave his order, as he stated, “I will have hamburger, french fries, and a bottle of cola”

Eda inquired, “Your usual then?”

Lee replied, “Yes.”

Eda quickly rang him up, on the cash register. She then looked at him in his eyes, as she asked, “I was wondering. Are you a busy man?”

Lee thought, 'I wonder what she is getting at? Still, I might as well be honest on this one point.' He answered, “Not really. I am more of a laid back person. I try not to stress out from my problems.'” He mentally added, 'That is probably the only reason I am not completely insane, right now.'

While slightly smiling, Eda asked, “Ah, good. I was wondering. If you are not busy, I would to spend some time with you, after I get off work at six?”

Lee mentally realized, 'Is Eda asking me out on a date? I think she is asking me out on a date. Sure, she is almost crazy as the rest, and she is after me. But, she is hot, she is showing interest in me, and I am dying. So, why not? But, I need to get one thing out of the way first.'

Lee stated, “Well, I would love too. But, first I need to know your name?”

Eda replied, “Oh. Well, I am Eda. And my friend in back is, Yolanda.”

Lee complimented, “Those are lovely names. By the way, I am, Lee.”

Eda interrupted him, “Lee? As in the Lee in that car chase a few nights ago?”

Lee thought, 'Interesting. Revy, or one of the others at the hotel must have told her about that. I can use this to my advantage.' He inquired, “Do you know the women at the hotel? I don't see how else you would know my name, in relation to that incident.”

Eda thought, 'Crap. I just gave myself away. Still, there is no point in denying it.' She answered, “Revy was the one that told me. She has a big mouth on such matters.” She mentally added, 'Which is true. Still, anyone crazy enough to drive like that must be at least decent in the sack. I think I will sleep with him.'

Lee thought, 'Good. Now, if I slip in mentioning Revy and the others to her, she will think that she slipped up. Now, for the date offer.' He replied, “Okay. Anyway, I know a good american steak house, nearby.”

Eda thought, 'I have eaten at the place he is talking about. It is good place to go in this town. But, I don't want him to know how much I like that place.' She casually answered, “That will do. Now, what about transportation?”

Lee answered, “I have car.”

Eda responded, “Nice.”

Lee inquired, “So, what time can I pick you up, Eda? I know you are getting off a six. But, I am sure you need a little time to get ready.”

Eda thought, 'And he is patient. Nice.' She said, “You are correct. Meet me here at six thirty.”

Lee replied, “Okay.”

Lee then paid for his meal, got his order ticket, he walked over to a nearby empty table, and he waited for his order.

Five minutes later, Eda called, Lee got his meal. He retrieved his meal, thanked Eda, and he walked back to his table, where he ate his lunch.

After Lee finished his lunch, he threw away his bag and trash, in the trash can near the burger van. Lee then walked over to Eda, just as she finished taking the last person's order that was currently in line.

Lee said, “Eda, please let Yolanda know that was a wonder burger and fries.”

Eda turned her head to the back of the food truck, as she stated, “Yo, Yolanda, a man here stated you fixed a good hamburger and fries.”

Lee overheard Yolanda said, in a very unique tone of voice, “Such a polite man.”

If Eda as been looking at Lee, at that moment, she would have noticed him tense up for a split second from Yolanda tone of voice being the same tone as she said, when complimenting someone she had an interest in, from a business sense.

But, Eda did not notice this. And Lee forced himself to relax a second later.

Lee thought, 'That was too close.'

Eda then turned back to Lee, as she said, “See you tonight.”

Lee cracked a grin, as he said, “I won't miss it for the world.”

Lee then turned, and walked away.

(_)

Twenty minutes later, Lee made it back to the Rats Nest.

As Lee walked inside, he saw that there were only other two people in the bar.

There was Sam, and the beautiful bartender of the Rats Nest.

Sam was sitting on the long end of the bar counter, that was across from the left side windows.

The bartender was standing behind the bar counter across from Sam. The bartender was drinking a glass of water. There was a half full, bottle of water, that was capped, sitting on the bar counter, which Lee guessed was were she got the water from, for her glass.

As Lee approached them, the two other adults in the room turned to look at him.

Lee continued walking at a casual pace, as he he asked, “So, how were your lunches?”

The bartender answered, “Fine.”

Sam said, “Good.”

Lee came to a stop in front of them, as he thought, 'I might as well give them the good news.'

Lee stated, “Well Sam, I have to apologize to you. At lunch, I just got a date with a hot woman tonight. And I have to get ready for it. And I better start now. So, I am going to have to cancel our usual plans.”

Sam smiled, as he responded, “No problem. Still, please let me know how it goes.”

Lee replied, “I will.”

The bartender took a drink from her glass. She then asked, “So, who do you got a date with, Lee?”

Lee thought, 'Oh hell. Why not I just tell them? It is not like they know who I am talking about.' He answered, “The hot woman with the long blond hair, not the one with the short blond hair, at the american food truck by the beach. She was interested in me. Her name is, Eda.”

The bartender immediately dropped her glass onto the bar counter. The glass did not break, but the water did spill on the counter.

The bartender stated, “A woman that hot is way out of your league.”

Lee could see Sam holding back a snicker.

Lee agreed, “No arguments about that. But, I am still going to give it the good old fashioned college try.”

Sam said, “Good luck.”

The bartender grabbed a rage from under the bar counter. She then began to clean up the water off the counter, as she commented, “For women like that, you are going to need it.”

Lee said, “I know. See you two, later. I have a lot to do to prepare for this date. And not a lot of time to do it in.”

Lee then turned around. He then calmly walked out of the bar, and towards the Devil's Hotel.

(_)

Forty-three minutes later, Lee made it to his hotel suite, in the Devil's Hotel.

Lee shut the door behind him, as he turned on the ceiling light, and headed for the phone, on the nightstand, by the bed. He thought, 'I have a lot to do to get ready tonight, and I have little time to do it in.

When Lee reached the phone, he picked it up, and dialed the number that Pedro had given him.

Three seconds after he dialed the number, the phone rang once, and then someone on the other hand picked up the phone on their end. Lee said, “Hello.”

The man voice on the other end replied in spanish.

Lee responded, “I apologize. I do not speak spanish. I had a poor education as a child. Still, can you please transfer me to Cheif Del Soto's office. Tell him, Lee is calling.”

A few seconds later, Lee heard a, click, on the line, which signaled he was being transferred to Pedro's office.

A second later, Pedro picked up on his end, and Lee recognized Pedro's voice, even though he said something in spanish.

Lee thought, 'It must be a greeting. I hope.' He said, “Hello Chief Del Soto.”

Pedro responded, in english, “Hi Lee. What can I do for you, Lee?”

Lee stated, “I cannot go into the details, yet. But, I will not make are nightly meeting tonight. It is nothing serious. Quite the opposite, in fact. I will swing by your office in the morning, to tell you. So, you don't hear it from someone else.”

Pedro replied, “Sounds interesting. I look forward to finding out what it is, tomorrow. See you then.”

Lee said, “You too.”

Both men then hung up their phones.

Lee then headed back out of his hotel suite, and down to the front parking lot of the hotel.

(_)

Two minutes later, Lee was in the front hotel parking lot.

Less than a minute later, Lee was in his car, and driving out of the parking lot.

The first place Lee went to was a nice men's clothing store that Pedro had told him about.

When Lee got there, he bought some ties, and two nice, but reasonable priced men's business suits, that fit him. The suits came complete with matching short brimmed, fedora hats, with gutter-dent, and side-dented crow, which also fit him.

One suit as gray, the other suit was black.

Lee also bought a nice black leather belt, and couple of sets of socks. Each set of socks was either a solid gray, or a solid black color, that matched the colors of the suits he bought. Along with this, he bought some simple white t-shirts, to go under his white, long sleeved, button up shirts, that came with his new suits.

Unfortunately, it took an hour to find suits that would fit him, He one concern was that he was losing more weight, from the cancer, faster than he had expected. He almost had no stomach, and his rib bones were staring to slightly show.

Also, the suits, and other clothing, together in price, set him back a few hundred dollars. But, Lee felt it was worth it. Lee had been doing well at the poker games, so he had enough money to afford the clothing, without it cutting into his live expenses.

The next place Lee went to was a men's shoe store that Pedro told him about.

There, Lee found some nice black dress shoes that fit him. He bought them for just over half the amount of the cost one of the suits that he had bought. He also brought a rag, big and small shoe brushes, and black shoe polish cream for his shoes. To keep them nice, and prevent the leather of his new shoes from cracking.

Lee then went to was a local grocery store, where he had previous bought snacks and bottles of water and cola at, for his hotel room. When Lee got there, he bought a small box of regular sized condoms.

After Lee got back into his car, Lee put on a few of the condoms into his wallet. As he did so, he thought, 'It never hurts to be prepared.'

Lee then drove his car back to the salon that he went to before, and got the same type of hair cut before, along with them dying his hair black again, to make his hair roots disappear.

Also, he had the barber also do a professional shave of his face. Which gave him a slightly smoother face than when he used his disposable razor.

After which, Lee stopped by a car wash, where he got his new car washed, and polished with wax.

When Lee was finished, he drove back to the hotel.

Lee walked into the lobby, with this large clothing bag in his right hand. He had put everything he had bought into that bag.

As Lee was crossing through the lobby, he ran across Nodoka, Yurika, and Mikoto, whom were heading for another part of the hotel.

The three sisters stopped and turned to Lee.

Nodoka asked, “What is in the bag, Lee?”

Lee heard Nodoka question. He stopped and turned to the three sisters, as he thought, 'A straight answer, without staying why, might be the best solution to this situation.'

Lee held up the bag in his right hand, as he answered, “Clothing. I was shopping for clothes. Even guys have to do it.” He then dropped the bag back to his side.

Nodoka agreed, “True.”

Lee said, “Have a nice day, ladies.”

Nodoka replied, “You too.”

Lee then walked by the sisters, and to the elevator bay.

Lee soon reached his hotel suite, and he dropped his clothing in his room. He set the suits on hangers, on his room's coat rod. He then put on the ties into his left side jacked pocket, as he thought, 'I hate to ask this, but I need to talk to someone about it. And he is the only person I am sure of that knows how, that I can ask on short notice. Though, it is embarrassing to so.'

Lee left his hotel room.

(_)

A few minutes later, Lee walked into the hotel restaurant. He saw Melvin was behind the bar counter. The other people Lee saw were some customers whom were already eating their meals, at the various tables in the room, away from the bar counter.

Lee thought, 'I don't see any of the girls. And not one is near, Melvin. So, I have some privacy. Though, I better get this out of the way, before of the girls show up.'

Lee walked over to Melvin, as he came to a stop, across the bar counter from Melvin.

Melvin looked over at Lee, from across the bar counter, as he greeted him, “Hi Lee.”

Lee replied, “Hi Melvin. I have a small favor to ask. And since you are not busy. I was wondering if you could help me with something.”

Melvin asked, “What is it?”

Lee said, “Long story short. I have a date tonight.”

Melvin said, with worry in his tone of voice, “Not with one of the women here, I hope.”

Lee quickly responded, “Oh no. No. No. No.” He mentally added, 'Well, yes.' He continued, “A woman I met in town. And as embarrassing as it is to say, I don't know how to tie a tie. And I need someone to show me how.”

Melvin shrugged, as he replied, “Don't feel bad at about it. I will show you how.”

Lee smiled, as he said, “Thanks.”

Melvin inquired, “Do you have a tie on you?”

Lee answered, “Yes. It is in a pocket.”

Melvin replied, “Good. Just follow me into the men's restroom, and I will show you how, using the mirror in there.”

Melvin then turned to his right, and walked towards the front of the bar counter, were the exit to the back side of the counter was. Lee turned to his left, and followed him, from the other side of the bar counter.

When the reached the end of the bar counter, which was open, they then turned to their right, and into the hallway where the restaurant restrooms were located.

They soon entered the men's restroom together.

Ten minutes later, both men exit the men's restroom.

Lee's tie was back in his jacket pocket. He turned to Melvin, as he said, “Thanks.”

Melvin replied, “You're welcome.”

Lee said, “Have a great day.”

Melvin responded, “You too.”

Melvin then headed back to the bar counter, as Lee went in the opposite direction, for the exit to the hotel restaurant, as he headed for the elevator bay across the hotel, and to his hotel room.

A few minutes later, when Lee reached his hotel room. He closed the hallway door to his suite behind him. He then turned on the lights in his suite, and he cleaned up his room, just in case. Next, he took a shower, and got ready for his date that evening.

(_)

An hour later, it was six thirty PM, Eda and Yolanda had already closed up their food truck, and cleaned it up for the night.

Yolanda sat in the driver's seat of the food truck, watching, as Eda stood, as her blond friend stood across the street, waiting for Lee to show up.

Yolanda thought, 'I hope this young man shows up. Because, if he stands up Eda, he is literally going to suffer for it.'

(_)

Across the street, from the food truck, Eda stood in her work clothes, as she waited for Lee to show up.

Eda looked at her wrist watch, and she saw that it was six-thirty PM.

Eda thought, 'Lee has better not have stood me up. Or, he will know the meaning of pain.'

A second later, Eda watched as a car turned onto the beach road, to her left side.

As the car got closed, Eda could see, in the daylight, that it was a pristine classic, pink convertible, with the top down, and side windows lowered.

The car then drove up to a stop, by the curb, beside her, with the passenger side facing her.

Eda looked at the driver, who did not wear a seatbelt, she saw that the driver was man whom clean was shaved. He wore a nice gray business suit, a white button up shirt under his open gray coat, with a brown and black stripped tie, along with a nice gray, short brimmed fedora hat. He even had on some nice shades over his eyes.

It took Eda a few seconds until she realized who it was, as she asked, in a confused tone of voice, “Lee?”

Lee smiled, as he looked up at her. He inquired, in a smooth tone of voice, “Going my way?”

Eda had a dumbfounded look on her face, as she clearly did not expect Lee to return like this, in a car like that.

Eda simply said, “Yea.”

Eda thought, in astonishment, 'I will give Lee credit. He is going all out for me. I love it when a man does that for me. What a minute...'

Eda questioned, “I thought you said you had limited funds. Where did you get the car from?”

Lee answered, “It was a gift. Long story. Don't want to talk about. And your door is unlocked.”

Eda shrugged, as she replied, “I have quite a few of those stories myself.”

Eda opened her door, got in front passenger seat, and shut the door behind her.

Lee looked over at Eda, as she stated, “We should be at the restaurant in a few minutes.”

Eda turned to Lee, as she replied, “Good. I am the mood a streak.” She licked her lips, as she continued to look at Lee, while she thought, 'Among other things.'

Lee saw Eda lick her lips, he smiled, as he turned to look in front of them.

Lee then drove off, with Eda towards the american steak house restaurant

(_)

Yolanda watched all this, as she thought, 'And here I thought that Lee would just show up in a rental car, wearing some casual clothing. Instead, this Lee shows up as a gentleman should for his date. Thoroughness like this needs to be commended. And I honestly thought such manners had become a lost art in the more recent generations. I am happy to see I have been proven wrong.'

'And I will have to ask Eda how her date went, later. Now, to get home, and have a nice, deserved soak in the tub.'

Yolanda then started up her food truck, and headed for the nice home that she and Eda shared.

(_)

When Eda and LEe reached the steak house restaurant, Lee let Eda out at the front of the restaurant. With her side of the car facing the doors.

Eda got out, closed her door, and stood by the front entrance, while Lee parked his car.

As Lee then walked towards Eda, she could see he also had nice gray pants, black leather belt, and nice black dress shoes.

When Lee reached Eda, he asked, “So, where do you want to sit. A booth, or a table?”

Eda answered, “Booth.” She mentally added, 'Because it is more conformable.'

They then walked to the entrance, with Lee holding the right door open for Eda.

Two two adults soon were seated at a booth table, by the wall, with a window.

They sat across from each other, as the waiter brought them there menus.

Lee's right side to the window, while Eda's left side was to the window.

After the waiter left, to give the two adults some time to think about their drink and meal orders, Lee suggested, “Why not you ordered for the both of us. Though please, nothing spicy for me.”

Eda cracked a grin, as she commented, “You really are going all the way on this date, Lee.”

Lee calmly answered, “It is was a gentleman does.”

Eda complimented, “Yes. It is. And I like it. So, where are you from?”

Lee broadly answered, “The southeastern United States. You?”

Eda coyly answered, “Around?”

Lee casually commented, “I guess neither of us are going to answer that question.”

Eda responded, “No. Still, why are you here?”

Lee lied, in a relaxed tone of voice, “The short answer is that I got screwed on my taxes, and I had to get out of the county fast.”

Eda said, “Ouch.”

Lee deadpanned, “Yea. So, why are you here?”

Eda lied, “I always wanted to see if I could run a food operation. I have done just about everything, else.”

Lee complimented, “Well, you are doing a good job of it.”

Eda inquired, “Thank you. Do two nine ounce sirloin cuts, medium cooked, with baked potatoes, sound find with you?”

Lee answered, “Yes.”

Eda said, “And I think I might have a glass of wine.”

Lee commented, “I think I will have a soda. I am driving after all.”

Eda agreed, “That is a good idea.”

While the two adults continued their conversation, the waiter soon returned, and Eda gave the waiter their drinks and meals orders, for the both of them.

As the waiter left, the two adults continued their discussion.

Their conversation dealt with just casual things, such as the nice weather, and some of the more interesting places they found in De La Plata Podrido.

All the while, both were careful not to reveal their secrets to the other.

When their drinks were served, but before meals were served, their conversation veered towards religion. Which both of them felt was a save topic to discuss.

Lee took a sip of his cold, iced soda, in it's glass. Next, he set his glass gently on the table. He then said, “I only remember a few things of church, as a child. Such as I remember a verse from the bible that went something like that a person had to become like a child to enter heaven.”

Eda asked, “Do you remember anything else about your time in church?”

Lee answered, “I remember, when I was a four year old child, being slashed the back, by another child, with a razor, in church pre-school.”

Lee grimly thought, 'I was effectively stabbed in the back, between my shoulder blades, when I was four years old. The boy did it out of sadist fun. And he was not punished. And the adults assigned to look after us covered up my attack. They got me a new shirt, to match the one I had on, which was cut, and had blood on it.'

'And when I told others about it. I was the one that was punished for being the victim. Because no one believed me. And they accused me of lying about the boy that attacked me.'

Lee forced himself to quickly calm down, as he continued his thoughts, 'But, I better not told about this. Because, I do not want to ruin this date.'

Lee continued, “But, I prefer to talk about more positive things, than my life.”

Eda thought, 'So, he has a few issues with his past, as well. But, he is being polite. So, I will keep this conversation moving forward. And I think I know the verse he is talking about.'

Eda inquired, “I understand. About that bible verse. Do you mean Matthew, eighteen, three? And said. Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”

Lee answered, “That is the passage I am talking about. I mean think about it. You have to become like a child to enter heaven. If that is true then heaven is a G rated place. With most fun found while being adults. What a ripoff.”

Eda giggled, as she thought, 'I will give Lee that one. It is a good point.' She stated, “I can see your point.” She mentally added, 'This guy is going all the way with me. And he is polite and intelligent. I had almost forgotten what it was like to have a date with a genuinely nice guy, that treated me like a person, and not just someone they wanted to fuck. I think I will reward him.'

Eda requested, “After we finish here, I wonder if I could join you at your place?”

Lee held back a smile, as he thought, 'She is making her move. Yes!' He calmly answered, “Sure. I am staying at the Devil's Hotel. Third floor. Not much of a view, but the room is clean, and the bed is conformable.”

Eda thought, 'That is all I need. What a minute, Revy and the girls are staying there. If they see us, they will ruin this night for me. Fortunately, I can ask Lee about Revy, because I told him that we know each other.'

Eda inquired, “Lee, isn't the Revy, and her group, staying at the Devil's Hotel, as well. I think it might be best if we avoid them, as we head for your room.”

Lee though, 'Yes. I bet that you, Eda, are thinking the same thing as I. That Revy and her friends would ruin this for the both of us. But, not to worry. I have a plan.'

Lee stated, “Not a problem. By the time we get finished with our meal, and back there, they will all likely be in the Hotel restaurant, usually singing karaoke, getting drunk, until late at night.”

Eda suppressed a laugh, as she said, “That I would like to see... Though, that is for another time.”

Lee admitted, “Yes. It is something else to watch. Especially, after they have had a few drinks. I and a friend, watch them perform as our evenings entertainment.”

Eda wondered, as she inquired, “Do they get violent?”

Lee answered, “No. From what I understand, the bartender there got things under control with them on their first night here.”

Lee thought, 'I got a laugh out of that, when Melvin told me about that night, in private, when it was just the two of us in the bar, at midnight. Though, he did leave out where Revy, her friends, and himself, were from. Not that I minded. Since, I already knew that.'

Eda thought, 'I will have to ask Revy about that.' She commented, with admiration in her tone of voice, “Some bartender.”

Lee replied, “Yea. And he is a nice guy, as well.” He mentally added, 'And you would probably fall over laughing if you knew Melvin was former Hotel Moscow. But, if I did that, I would out myself, and Melvin. Besides, he is in hiding too. And he is a nice guy. So nice, that he taught me how to tie a tie.'

Eda said, “It is good having nice people around. I sometimes forget such people even exist.”

Lee though, 'You are not the only one.' He agreed, “Yes. It is nice.”

The waiter then served their cooked steaks, and baked potatoes, with condiments before both.

Eda and Lee both found their food to be well prepared, and tasty.

Lee and Eda then continued their conversation as they ate. With their conversation remaining casual and pleasant during dinner.

Eda only drank two glasses of wine during the dinner. And with her enhanced metabolism, she was still sober.

When they were finished, Lee paid for the meal, tipped the waiter, asked the waiter to compliment the cook, and he then drove Eda back to the Devil's Hotel.

(_)

By the time they reached the Devil's Hotel, it was dark.

After parking the car, Eda and Lee made it to the front entrance of the Devil's Hotel.

Lee held the door for Eda twice, an outside door, and then the interior door between the entryway, and the lobby.

As they entered the lobby, both of them saw that there was no one in the lobby.

It was then, that both adults noticed that the music for the lobby had changed.

Both adult immediately recognized the song.

Lee thought, 'I have to admit, this lobby has great taste in music. I could not think of a more fitting song for a situation like this.'

Eda asked, “What is with the music?”

Lee answered, “I am not sure myself. Let's just enjoy the song.”

Eda replied, “Okay.”

Lee said, “This way to the elevators.”

Lee lead Eda to elevators, as the lobby continued playing the song, She's A Lady, sung by Tom Jones.

(_)

A minute later, they were on the third floor.

As they made it to the door to Lee's suite, Lee pulled out his keys, unlocked the door, and opened it for Eda.

Eda stepped into the darken room. Though, the light from the hallway provided enough illumination to see the room.

Lee then step into the room, and turned on the ceiling light.

Eda saw that while the hotel suite was small, it was clean, with the heavy curtains on the other side of the bedroom, being closed. There was also a pair of tennis shoes place against the curtains.

Eda thought, 'Lee kept his word on this place being clean.' She came to a stop, by the chest of drawers.

Lee walked passed Eda and turned on the lamp light. He then walked back over to Eda, and he closed the door, as he turned off the ceiling light.

After making sure the door's deadbolt was locked. he then walked over to Eda, him being in arms reach of the chest of drawers, which was to his right side.

Eda and Lee stood a few feet, with Eda turning around to face Lee.

Due to their height differences, Eda had to look up, and Lee had to look down, for them to look at each other's face.

Lee casually said, “It is not much, but it is home for me.”

Eda smiled. She took a step closer to the taller man, as she said, “This will do.”

Their faces were inches apart, as Lee kept a calm expression, while he casually asked, “So, how do you want to do this?

Eda replied, “Let's keep it simple?”

Lee grinned, as he said, “That works for me. Mind if I use a condom?”

Eda answered, “I would prefer if you did.”

Lee requested, “And I would like to keep my shirt on.” He mentally, 'Because I don't want you to see how skinny I have become. Which would cause you to ask questions.'

Eda stated, “I don't care. It is what below the waist that I am interested in.” She then gently used her right hand to cup Lee's crotch.

Lee smile got slightly wider, while he thought, 'This is going to be so much fun.'

As Lee continued to look Eda in her eyes, he used his right hand to open the top chest of drawers by him. He then pulled out a single condom. Next, he used the back of his left hand to push the drawer closed. After which, he tossed condom onto the bed, without even looking.

Both adults then began slowly dressing each other.

Eda began by taking off Lee's hat, glasses, and tie, and tossing them to the floor, away from them, and towards the back of the bedroom.

Meanwhile, Lee carefully undid Eda's skirt.

A few minutes later, they were down to their their underwear, with Eda still having her bra on, and Lee having his white t-shirt on.

Lee tried to undo the back hooks to Eda's bra, without looking luck. After a few seconds of trying, he softly said, “I apologize, but I cannot unhook your bra.”

Eda responded, “It is okay.” She then reached behind her back with her right hand and unhooked her own bra.

Eda then took off her bra, let it drop to the floor, allowing Lee to see Eda breasts.

Lee just quietly stared at Eda's breasts for a few seconds.

Eda casually joke, “Never scene breasts before?”

Lee complimented, “Nah. I'm just admiring the fine pair you have.”

Eda giggled, as she thought, 'Now, that is a comeback.' She then said, “Now, let's get this party started.” She then took off her panties.

Lee agreed, “Yes. Let's.” He then took of his underwear.

The two adults then walked over, and fell over, onto their sides, on top of the bed.

Lee was on the right side of the bed. With Eda on the left side.

Lee then leaned on his back, as used his left hand to feel, and find the condom he had tossed onto the bed, as he used his right hand to reach over and turned off the lamp light, causing the room to be shrouded in darkness.

Lee then had one of the best nights of his life.

(_)

The next morning, Lee was the first to wake up, as he made gently made his way off his bed, without waking Eda. He saw that from the digital LED clock on the nightstand, that it was nine AM.

Lee also saw that there was enough ambient sunlight coming from around the heavy curtains, that he clearly see his way around his bedroom.

Lee then softly walked over to his chest of drawers, and he quietly slid open the drawers to pull together a set of clothes. Once he had what he needed, along with his blue cloth jacket, large glasses, and blue baseball cap, and tennis shoes, from the floor, he checked the bed to find that Eda was still asleep. He then quietly closed the drawers, and walked to his bathroom, with his clothes in hand, to get cleaned up, shave, and take a shower.

When he got into the bathroom, he gently shut the door, while twisting the knob, and slowly releasing the knob after he closed the door, so closing the door would not make a sound. He then switched on a light, locked the door, and did a little dance. Though, Lee danced softly on his feet.

Lee danced, as he wildly smiled. He thought, 'I just slept with a hot blond. That is a feather in any man's cap. Even though it is Eda. But, who cares? Still, if she finds out the truth about me, she is going to kill me. And after last night, likely, she will do so in painfully manner. Still, there is no identification in my room. So, if she does search it, she will find nothing. Now, to get a cleaned up and dressed.'

Half and hour later, after Lee, among other things, shaved, shower, dried off, comb his hair, and dressed, he exited the bathroom.

When he quietly opened the bathroom door, and walked into the bedroom of the suite, he found the lamp light was on.

Lee walked futher into the room, where he could fully see the bed. He came to a stop, and he turned to see that Eda was awake, and she was sitting up in bed, while not doing anything to cover her upper body from Lee's view.

Lee said, in a polite tone of voice, “Good morning.”

Eda stretched her arms, as she replied, “Morning.” She then turned to look at Lee.

Lee said, “I hope you had as good time last night as I did.”

Eda started to let him down easily, “It was okay, but...”

Lee interrupted her, “But, this is a one night stand, and you are not looking for a long term relationship. That is okay. I am not looking for a long term commitment, either. But, I would like to remain your friend.”

Eda smiled, as she commented, “Sure. And I am glad we are on the same page.”

Lee suggested, “Yes. That is nice. Now, you don't have to join me, but I am going to head to the Last Resort Diner for some breakfast. I would be more than happy for you to join me. But, as a friend. And not as a date.”

Eda look at the clock on the nightstand, by the bed. She turned back to Lee, as she stated, “Tempting. But, I don't have time. I have to be at work in an hour. Yolanda can be a real slave driver.”

Lee offered, “I can drive you.”

Eda replied, “Nah. I will just call Yolanda to come pick me up.”

Lee said, “Okay, Eda. I am heading downstairs. Get what you need done, and I will see you, later.”

Eda replied, “You too, Lee.”

Lee then walked to the door to the hallway. He undid the deadbolt, opened the door the hotel hallway, from the his suite, and exited his room, with him gently closing the door behind him.

(_)

A minute and a half later, Lee exited an elevator into the lobby, he found, from the reflection on the polish metal control panel on the elevator, that he had a smirk on his face that, no matter how good his poker face skills, he was currently unable to remove.

Lee thought, 'I guess that cliche is true. I cannot hide what I did. Still, either way, this is going to be a fun day.'

Lee continued smiling, as he walked into the lobby. He looked around, and he saw Sam sitting in a chair.

Lee thought, 'It is a bit early for me to meet him. On most morning, I am usually the first one here, and him coming to meet me here. But, I did say I would talk to him about the date.'

Lee then walked over to Sam, and sat in the chair, across a small table, from where Sam was sitting at.

Lee said to the bearded man with a ponytail, “Good morning.”

Sam looked up at Lee, as he responded, “Morning.” He then noticed Lee's smile. He accused, “You slept with someone? Didn't you? It was her? Wasn't it?”

Lee smile became a little wider, as he happily commented, “And it was good.”

Sam returned Lee's smile, as he replied, “Nice.”

Meanwhile, Revy and Rock were walking by and over heard Sam's accusation, and Lee admission.

The two women came to a stop, with the to men noticing them. With the four adults turning to look at each other.

Before Lee could respond, Revy turned to Lee. She grinned wickedly, as she requested, “So Lee, who is the lucky girl?”

While still smiling, Lee looked up at Revy, as he calmly stated, “A gentleman does not talk about such indiscretions.”

Just then Eda was trying to walk by them, while being unnoticed. She was wearing her clothing from last night, which was a bit wrinkled.

Lee noticed her, as he thought, 'Damn. She can get ready real fast. It must be her military training.'

Rock noticed Eda. She turned her head in the direction of the long haired blond, as she asked, “Eda, what are you doing here?”

Suddenly, all eyes among the four other adults turned to look at Eda.

Revy looked as her, then back at Lee, whose smile had gotten wider, then back at her, as she exclaimed, while pointed with her right hand, at Lee, “Him?!”

At the same time, Sam used his right hand to point at Eda, while inquiring, “Her?! You got good taste, man.”

Lee turned to Sam, as he replied, “Thanks.”

Rock just said, “Huh?” That the sheer improbability of those two very different adults hooking up was too much for her to imagine.

Lee thought, with mischievous, 'Now to stir the pot. And I cannot help myself, in this situation. It is just too tempting. Among other things, I used writing to keep my mischievous side under control. Without writing, I have to find a different outlet. Also, this will allow me get them to admit some more information on themselves, out into the open.'

Revy said, to Eda, “How could you, with him?”

Lee turned to Eda and Revy, as he innocently asked, “Eda, Revy, how well do you know each other?”

Eda turned to Lee, as she stated, “Very well.”

Eda thought, 'At this point, there is no point in denying it.' Eda turned to Revy, as she continued her thoughts, 'Though, I am going to have to do some damage control.'

Eda said, “Revy, this was just a one night stand. Nothing more.”

Revy said, “Okay. Still, this is just too juicy to keep to ourselves.”

Eda warned, “You wouldn't dare.”

Revy teased, “Try me.”

Their conversation quickly devolved into an argument.

As Rock, Lee, and Sam watched Revy and Eda argue, Lee suggested, “It looks like those two are going to be... talking for a while. I am heading to the Last Resort Diner. I don't want to be here when Revy tells the others about Eda and my fun last night.”

Sam agreed, “That is a wise idea.”

Rock said, “I agree. I am going to the breakfast buffet.”

Sam replied, “Same here.” He turned to Lee, as he continued, “See you later, Lee”

Lee turned to Sam, as he responded, “See you two later, as well. And have a nice breakfast.”

Rock looked over at Lee, as she replied, “You too.”

Sam and Lee got up from their chairs. Sam went with Rock to the hotel restaurant, while Lee walked towards the front entrance of the lobby, to the parking lot, and his car.

(_)

After Lee got into his car, he drove to the Last Resort Diner for some breakfast.

As soon as Lee entered the diner, Lori, Mary, and George, all asked him why he was still grinning. Lee refused to answer. He only said that it was a personal matter.

Lee then spent half an hour, getting some breakfast, at the Last Resort Diner. When Lee was done, he thanked the cook, paid the bill, and left a tip. After which, Lee heading outside of the diner, and get into his car.

Next, Lee drove to the Police Station of De La Plata Podrido. He parked his car in a parking lot, across the from the front of the police station. He then raised the top of the vehicle, raised the windows, and locked the car.

By then, Lee noticed in the mirrors of the car, that he finally dropped his grinning.

After looking both ways on the two lane street, Lee walked across the street, and into the police station.

A few minutes later, Lee was inside the police station, and being escorted, by an officer, into Chief Del Soto's office.

As Lee entered the Pedro's office, Pedro looked up at Lee, while sitting in his office chair, behind his desk. He greeted, Lee, in english, “Good morning, Lee.”

Lee responded, “Good morning, Chief Del Soto.”

The officer then left.

As soon as the officer was out of earshot, Pedro inquired, “So, are you going to tell me what happened yesterday?”

Lee gently shut the door to Pedro's office.

Pedro saw a grin curl on Lee's lips, as he walked over and sat down on the chair to Pedro's right.

After Lee sat down, Pedro guessed, “You had a date last night?”

Lee got comfortable in the chair. He then turned to Pedro, as he answered, “Yes. I had a date last night.”

Pedro asked, “With who?” He mentally added, 'He could be crazy enough to have dated one of those girls.'

Lee stated, “Eda. Yes. That Eda. And after dinner, we went back to my place, and slept together.”

Pedro thought, with a mild of shock and amusement, 'Lee is that crazy.' He asked, “What happened? And I am not talking after you turned off the lights.”

Lee said, “Yesterday, I went to the food truck, and out of the blue Eda asked me out on a date. I guess she was horny, and she didn't feel like sleeping with a hispanic person. No offense.”

Pedro replied, “None taken. Please, continue.”

Lee went onto say, “And after our dinner date, ended up in my hotel suite, having a one night stand. And the girls found out this morning.”

Pedro stated, “It is tempting to berate you for doing this. But, I am not going to. Eda is hot, and she is one of the saner women of that group. Though, she is just as dangerous as the rest. But, she is mostly sane.”

Lee commented, “I know. And I wasn't going to complain about her asking me out. Not to sound cliche, but the look she was giving me when she asked, she was clearly in need of a man. She clearly wasn't interested in latin american men. And though she is bi, she wasn't in the mood for a woman. If she had been, she would have likely contacted one of her friends at the hotel.”

“Also, let's be honest. How do you say, no, to a hot, physically young, long haired, blond woman who asked you out on a date, without raising suspicion from someone? Especially, given it was the woman whom requested the date in the first place?”

Pedro cracked a grin, as he inquired, “Point taken. So, how good was it?”

Lee answered, “Sorry to say. But, I don't have enough experience in that area to truly rate the experience. But, it was good.”

Pedro asked, “Anything weird?”

Lee replied, “Besides having sex with a hot blond woman from a fictional reality? Nope. Just straight heterosexual intercourse, and kissing. And I did use a condom.”

Pedro complimented, “It was smart thinking one using a condom. You don't know where she has been.”

Lee said, “I agree. She is hot, but I know she has been around.”

Pedro commented, “And it is interesting that she just wanted straight forward sex with you. I always thought she might have been one of the more kinkier ones.”

Lee explained, “I doubt that she is that kinky. Think about it. Most of the time, in the series, she was undercover. Yet. Sometimes she took off that nuns habit, to blow off stream, and act immature. And when she did so, she was always straight forward.”

“She teased Revy and Rock, but she did so directly. And when Eda was like that, it was a case of, what you see it what you get. I honestly think, when she was in her street clothing, that personality is her real personality. You can see this went things start to not go her way. She starts acting more immature. That is a sign of her mask starting to slip. Though, she can be deadly professional when she wants to.”

Pedro replied, “I see where you are going.”

Pedro thought, 'And I am thinking you might be the same way as Eda. I am starting to wonder which one of you two morally screwed the other last night. Eda may have wanted it, but clearly so did you.'

'And Eda was from a point of view that she was undercover and having a cheap thrill. You on the other hand were of the point of view that, you were hiding and one of those hunting you, whom did not know you were the one she was hunting, showed interest in you.'

'And you must have got a thrill from screwing one of the women that were hunting you. I need more details.'

Pedro inquired, “So, what are the details of the date itself?”

Lee thought, 'I will leave out a few of the details. But, the rest of the details are fine.'

Lee answered, “Well yesterday afternoon, after Eda and I settled on the details of our date, I went to some of the places you recommended. I bought some nice clothing, a suit, hat, and shoes. I went to the salon, which had a barber, where I got a haircut and professional shave.”

Pedro complimented, “Nice touch with the shave. Some men forget that detail. And it pays to do some things done, beforehand. Also, let me guess. You picked her up in my brother's pink Cadillac?”

Lee happily answered, “Yes. I could not think of a more fitting situation in using that car.”

Pedro smiled, as he replied, “Oh, I fully agree. So, what happened next?”

Lee stated, “I took her to an american steak house on the island. We talked. Casual stuff. Then, after dinner, I took her to the Devil's Hotel.”

Pedro asked, “Did any of the other women see you last night?”

Lee stated, “No. By about six twenty PM they all head for the hotel bar for supper, and entertainment, in the form of drinking and karaoke. They also did not see me leave in my nice suit, nor coming back with Eda.”

Pedro inquired, “So, how did they find out? You said they found out earlier this morning.”

Lee said, “Even with my poker face, I could not hide my smirk, this morning. I get to the hotel lobby, and Sam realized I slept with someone. Rock and Revy were walking by, and they overheard him. Then, Eda comes down to the hotel lobby, and walks by us, with the three of them putting two and two together.”

Pedro commented, “Don't feel bad. You would have to be without emotion to not have a smile after something like that happening to you. So, do you plan to do this again?”

Lee answered, “Nope. I know how thinking below the waist can get a person in trouble. I have seen it happen first hand, to both men and women, whom I personally know.”

Pedro responded, “Good. That will save us both a lot of grieve. And if you get lonely, I know some decent whorehouses in town. Where the women there are regularly tested for STDs and their prices are decent. And they have a policy of using condoms, and not just for the male customers, but female customers as well. Those women are really on top of things, in so many ways.”

Lee said, “Coming from the Chief of Police, that is a high compliment.” He thought, 'I must really be in the Twilight Zone, when the police chief is recommending whore houses to me.'

Pedro grinned wickedly, as he stated, “I know.”

Lee commented, “You know. This is wonderful alibi for me not being the writer. Because, no one would think that someone would sleep with such a woman as Eda, while knowing who she is, and how dangerous she is, beforehand. Let alone the person that said woman and her friends are hunting. They would think no one would be that crazy.”

Pedro stated, “More like you being crazy as a fox. And you are probably right about that being crazy enough to work. Speaking of which. You know. Even though that was a one night stand. A man would have to be crazy to want to date a violent, crazy chick.”

Lee agreed, “True. Among said men, I wonder who would be the craziest in that category?”

Both men were silent for a few seconds. They then looked at each other. Each of them saw realization dawn in the others eyes. They both grinned wickedly, as they stated, in unison, “Garcia.”

Pedro said, “Yea. Garcia saw Roberta at her worst, most insane, and he still went for the kiss.”

Lee pointed out, “Well, it worked. And he snapped her out of her madness.”

Pedro agreed, “True. And for a series like that, that was real gamble. She could have just as well as killed him. She had just shot him.”

Lee said, “Yea. And I made sure in my stories, Garcia fully recovered for those wounds. Still, even after being shot, he went for the kiss. That takes guts, and courage.”

Pedro commented, “I agree. I hope that you making sure Garcia recovered, in your stories, helps keep you off of the maids shit list.”

Lee stated, “I do too. And it is a good sign that they are no here. And long before they came after me. This was one of the reasons I both like writing about those characters, and I was so careful in doing so. They don't play by the, good versus evil, rule book. They play by their own rules.”

Pedro replied, “Exactly. And that is something we should never forget.”

Lee inquired, “Quite right. So, I take it we won't be meeting tonight?”

Pedro answered, “No. This, meeting, this morning, will count for that. We will start back on our usual schedule tomorrow night, at seven PM, at the Last Resort Diner.”

Lee replied, “That works for me.”

Lee and Pedro then continued talking about a few subjects for the next ten minutes. When they were finished, Lee left Pedro's office, exited the police station, and walked across the street to the parking lot that had his car in it.

When Lee got to the parking lot, he got into his car, and drove back to the Devil's Hotel.

(_)

Ten minutes later, at the Devil's Hotel, it was ten twenty AM.

Inside their one bed suite, in the Devil's Hotel, Violin and Aeryn were talking about what they had learned that morning.

Violin sat on their large bed, facing her wife.

Aeryn sat in a chair, by the table in the room, as she faced her spouse.

Aeryn said, with disbelief in her tone of voice, “I cannot believe Eda would sleep with Lee.”

Violin casually commented, “As they say. Any port in the storm. I guess with this event, we can eliminate Lee being the writer. The writer would never sleep with one of us. Especially, with the writer knowing we are after him. No one is that crazy. No even me.”

Aeryn shrugged, as she responded, with a bit of skepticism in her tone of voice, “Perhaps. But, I am still pissed off at the writer for killing you in the first place, and then reincarnating you in a girl that looks half my age.”

Violin quipped, “At least I look old enough to drink. And I am still the same person, upstairs.”

Aeryn stated, “Which is the only reason I am doing this Rock's way, and not mine.”

Violin inquired, “Honey, I am glad you listened to reason. Still, did you ever finish reading the epilogue of that forth story?”

Aeryn answered, “Yes. Barely. It was painful reading the fourth part of that story.”

Violin said, “Think about it from my point of view. I lived it, and then I read it. Granted. I can see the logic the writer pointed out at the end of the story. The scary thing is I am sure that Scorpy was probably already cooking up a plan to extended my lifespan in some way, long before the writer wrote that story. Because, the reasons the writer gave for keeping me alive by killing me, as crazy as that sounds, is clearly right up Scorpy's alley.”

Aeryn conceded, “You are right about that. Still, that does not excuse the writer from causing you and Scorpius to have sex together. Be happy that I am chalking that up to mind control of both you, and Scorpius. But, what really upset me is that you did not tell me of that event. And I found out from someone else.”

Violin admitted, “Okay. I should have told you. But, I couldn't figure out how to. Though, as a woman, Scorpy is hot. But, not as hot as you, Aeryn.”

Aeryn cracked a smile, at her lover's compliment. She teased, “How would you rate yourself to her?...” Aeryn's smile turned positively wicked, as she continued, “And to me?”

Violin flatly replied, “Not going there. Those types of questions never lead to good things.” She then continued, in a warmer tone of voice, “And I will still say you are me beautiful than me.”

Aeryn smiled turned warm, as she happily replied, “Thank you.”

Violin mentioned, “Still, the sex with Scorpy was that good. She is a genius in all areas.”

Aeryn responded, “And that is what scares me about her. The writer removed Scorpius' limitations. And that worries me greatly.”

Violin counter, “But, Scorpy is in a better mood. The writer seemed to tone down her anger. And she hasn't come after us.”

Aeryn pointed out, “Yes. But, we have to had to have a long talk to her about that hyperspace gate technology she tricked us into thinking was destroyed. And to convince her we knew what she did, we had to show her the stories.”

Violin said, “You got to admit, she took the news well. Actually, I think she is happy how she turned out. She is healthy, free of her Scarran heritage, and leader of the Peacekeepers. Hell, I think she would thank the writer for all he has done for her.”

Aeryn stated, with concern in her tone of voice, “While, I agree with you. She is probably happy about what happened. When she did learn about the stories, she laughed like a lunatic for a solid minute.”

Violin explained, “That is only because she saw the humor of the situation. She covered every base imaginable. She planned for every single contingency. She is dangerously genre savvy. And still, she had no way to prevent us from learning of her plans that way. Though, let's be happy she scaled back that technology research for the time being.”

Aeryn admitted, “Yes. For the moment. Though, I find it hilarious what happened to Braca, or should I say Meka.”

Violin responded, “Yes. And that rescue mission was an epic failure. I think the writer was trying to see how many ways a rescue mission could be screwed up without actually anyone being killed.”

Aeryn replied, “I think so. Though, on another note, are you really that tempted, concerning Dargo's tongue?”

Violin accused, “Like you haven't thought about it.”

Aeryn shrugged, as she admitted, “True.”

Violin pointed out, “Still, I saved the galaxy by doing what I did. As Dargo once said, I had to take one for the team. And that wasn't the first time that happened to me.”

Aeryn flatly replied, “I know.”

Violin said, “And look on the bright side. Our son still loves, and accepts me. My lifespan has increased incredibly. And you no longer had to worry about breaking me in bed.”

Aeryn conceded, “True. Still, the fact he gave you back Harvey, I find annoying.”

Violin commented, “This Harvey has changed. He has shown me a lot about my pass lives. I have learned a lot. Such as what I did with you last night. I have never heard you scream that passionately before.”

Aeryn blushed, as she looked away from Violin, with a slight smile on her lips. She then dropped her smiled, as she turned back to Violin. She decided to change the subject, as she stated, “Now, we can still make sure that Lee is not the writer, by testing him with the plan we came up with to flush the writer out.”

Violin said, “Okay. I could use some entertainment. Now, let's get downstairs. Any minute now, Lee will come back here to meet with Sam. We can probably still catch them, before they leave for the morning.”

The married spouses then stood up, briskly exited their hotel suite, and they headed for the elevator bay, down the hallway of their floor.

(_)

At that moment, after Lee parked his car in the hotel parking lot, he walked into the front lobby of the Devil's Hotel, from the outside entrance.

Lee came to a stop, and looked around the lobby, for Sam, he thought, 'That meeting with Chief Del Soto went well. And I don't have to talk to him, until tomorrow night. Now, to find out how much damage control, from the girls finding out that I slept with Eda, that I have to do. Along with finding out where Sam is the key to getting these answers. He did go to breakfast in the hotel restaurant, at the same time Rock did. So, he likely overheard some of what the women said on the matter. Now, where is, Sam?'

Lee look around, and he soon saw Sam sitting in a chair to his right side, waiting for him. Lee saw that Sam was facing towards him, as Sam look at him.

Lee thought, 'There he is.' He then walked up to Sam

As Sam saw him Lee approach him, he stood up. Next, he turned to face Lee.

As Lee came to a stop, a six feet in front of Sam, Lee asked, “So, how did they react?”

Sam answered, “Mostly surprise. Some of them were indifferent. I think you are in the clear.”

Lee thought, 'Good. That should save me a lot of trouble for today.' He said, “That is a relief. Did Eda make it out of here, fine?”

Sam stated, “Yea. I overheard Revy tell Rock that Eda's friend, Yolanda, picked her up from the front entrance, in a car, a few minutes after you left.”

Lee thought, 'So, she called Yolanda from my room. And the two of them also have other transportation, besides that food van. That makes sense.'

Lee inquired, “So, I take it that Revy was the one to tell everyone here?

Sam lightly chuckled. He smiled, as he commented, “Yes. While she was inside the hotel bar, she said what happened, quite loudly. And I might add, while you are in clear, I can say that you are likely going to be the talk of the hotel for a next few days.”

Lee shrugged, as he responded, “I have handled worse gossip before. Let's head for the Rats Nest and tell the bartender there, before word gets to her.”

Sam replied, “Okay.”

(_)

Nearby, Aeryn and Violin had exited the elevator bay, and into the lobby.

Violin saw the Sam and Lee, first.

Violin used her right hand to point at the two men, as she said, “There they are.” She then dropped her right hand to her side.

Aeryn turned in the directions of the front doors to the lobby, to see that Lee and Sam were just started walking towards the lobby exit. She stated, “Good. Let's go get them.”

(_)

As Lee and Sam came within a few steps of the front doors, they heard a woman's voice, from behind, and to their left, say, “Lee, Sam, hold up a minute.”

Both men stopped, as they turned around, to their left, to see Violin and Aeryn walking towards them.

Lee thought, 'Now, what?'

After the two women stopped in front of the two men, Lee smiled, as he politely said, “Good morning, ladies. What can I do for you?”

Violin stated, “Well, we wanted to invite you two to watch some videos we were going to have shown the hotel theater play. We specifically would like you to come with us, Lee. But, we wouldn't mind you coming as well, Sam.”

Violin thought, 'To birds with one stone approach is not a bad idea. If Lee is not the writer. Sam might be. Either way, with both of them there, it will help cut down the time in finding out if either of them is the writer, or not.'

Lee mentally wondered, 'Which videos?' Lee inquired, “Okay. When? And which videos?”

Violin commented, “Right now. And I would like you to watch three anime OVAs. The first three episodes of a OVA anime series titled, Bubblegum Crisis.”

Lee did not show any outward expression, as he thought, with worry, 'Oh crap. They are testing me. I wrote about the Bubblegum Crisis reality. And given what I did to the characters in that series, I hope they never find out about my stories. Because what they would do to me, if they caught me, might be worse than what these women would do to me, if they catch me.'

'And I guess my plan I came up with this morning, dealing with sleeping with Eda, has backfired. I am crazy as a fox. Such as, crazy as a fox, caught in the hen house.'

'Given the situation, I cannot say, no, to them, without causing more problems for me. Also, I can make this work for me. I just have to play along, and be careful. Though, Aeryn is good at spotting liars. I just have to not actually lie to her. That is not hard to do. One just has to be a little tricky in how one speaks.'

Lee replied, “Okay.”

Aeryn stated, with a hint of force in her tone of voice, “Good. As Violin said. We would like you to come with us.”

Lee thought, 'I see that Aeryn is still suspicious of me. She always has been a good judge of character. But, given Violin demeanor, she is probably borderline. John never could keep up a good poker face, for long. And it appears that neither can Violin. As long as I convince one of them, the other will go along with their spouse. But, I could use some back up.'

Lee turned to Sam, as he requested, “Sam? You want to come with us?”

Sam looked over at Lee, as he responded, “No. I am not interested. Anyway, I got some things I would like to do today, that I need to do alone. So, I will see you tomorrow morning, Lee. Here, in the hotel lobby, at the usual time.”

Violin thought, 'Oh well. Lee was the primary target, anyway. We will check on Sam, later.'

Lee thought, 'Damn. But, there is nothing I can do about this, now.' He said, “Okay. See you later, Sam.”

Sam replied, “You to Lee.”

Lee then turned back to face the women, as he requested, “Lead the way, ladies.”

Sam then headed in one direction of the three adults, as he watched Lee, Aeryn, and Violin headed in another direction, further into the hotel.

When the three adults entered a hallway, on the left side of the lobby, and they walked out of sight, Sam turned around, and exited the front doors of the hotel lobby, and into the hotel parking lot.

(_)

A few minutes later, Lee, Violin, and Aeryn made it to the Devil's Hotel theater room.

While Lee had been in the theater a few times. This was the first time he went into the theater, with someone besides Sam.

Lee even requested a few movies to watch. Though, even before Revy and her group had come to Devil's Hotel, Lee was careful only to ask for action movies, in case there was a record of requests. With those after him possibly looking into those records, for hints on who the writer was.

After Aeryn, Violin, and then Lee walked inside the room, Lee saw that the theater room inside the Devil's Hotel was fairly small. The door to the room was located in the middle of the back wall. It was a simple, wooden door that swung inwardly.

There were canned ceiling lights that illuminated the room.

There was an electric clock, mounted on the back wall, to the right of the door, when looking at the door, from inside of the room.

The theater was a classic, movie theater projection system, with the projector at a second story, above and behind the seating area.

There were speakers on the top of the walls, in the corners. There was also a speaker on each of the side walls, in the top middle of the side walls. With the room having six speakers in all.

The seating room sloped down, at a forty degree angle. There were fifty seat in all.

These seat were divided into five, ten seat, rows, going down.

Each seats was a simple, slightly large, cushioned, slightly reclined, straight back chairs, that did not slope with the room, but was parallel with the floors outside the room.

There was plenty of leg room between the rows of seats.

There were three pathway down to the rows of seating. Two of the sides of the room, and the middle, device the each ten row seats into five row seats.

Lee noted that there were only three people in the room. Violin, Aeryn, and himself.

As Lee sat down, he found himself seated on the four to back row, in the middle of right side set of seats. The women sat beside him. To his right side was Aeryn. And Violin was to his left side.

Lee thought, 'They really are going to try to flush me out, not just by my words, but by watching my facial reactions. Two, or in this case, three can play at this game.'

Lee asked, “So, when will these videos start?”

Violin answered, “According to the clock on the wall, any minute now. So Lee, what do you know of anime?”

Lee thought, 'Talk about hitting the ground running.' He lied, “Not much. So, what can I expect from this this series?”

Violin answered, “Babes in powerarmor fighting killing machines.”

Lee thought, 'Now, let us see if we can get your fangirl side to distract you and your wife.' Lee commented, “So, basically a female ironman group, versus terminators?”

Violin answered, “Something like that. So, you are a comic book and sci-fi fan?”

Lee lied again, “More of action movie fan. I must say the Ironman movies, and the Avenger movie, starting Robert Downey Junior, are very good action movies.”

Violin inquired, while barely hiding her excitement in her voice, “They made a live action Ironman movie, and an Avengers movie?”

Lee thought, 'And there we have Violin's fangirl side show. I don't want to come out to much. Just enough to distract her.' He stated, “Yes. Three Ironman movies so far, and an Avenger movie. Another other Marvel movie tie ins. With the Avengers movie between Ironman movie two and three. All of the movies are good.”

By then, Violin realized how excited she had become, and forced herself to calm down. She said, with interesting still in he tone of voice, “I am so going to have to see them.”

Lee honestly said, “You will likely enjoy them.” He then thought, 'Now, to catch them off guard.' He inquired, “So, what movies do you two enjoy?”

Violin quickly answered, “Just about everything.”

Aeryn turned to look at Lee's face, as she admitted, “Romantic comedies.”

As Lee continued looking at the blank screen, from the corner of his right eye, he saw Aeryn turned to face him. Lee showed no facial reaction to Aeryn's comment, as he thought, 'Smooth, Aeryn. Real smooth. If I show a reaction, you would have nailed me right there. Still, it makes sense. You have lead a life of action. Watching a romantic comedy would just be a form of mindless, lighthearted fun for you'

Lee turned to Aeryn, as he said, “There are some decent romantic comedies out there.”

Just then, the lights in the theater dimmed, and the first episode, Tinsel City, of the Bubblegum Crisis OVA started.

All three adults turned to watch the film, in silence.

Lee just gave a casual expression, of mild interest, while watching the intro, showing Genom Tower, and the panning shots of MegaTokyo. That was the type of expression one would have for something they are okay with watching for the first time, but not really interested in it.

As Priss on screen began singing the song, Kon'ya Wa Hurricane, in english, Lee noticed that the episode did not have subtitles, and it used the U.S. english dub track, which he was fine with.

Lee thought, 'Violin must think that I won't be interested in the anime episodes if they used the japanese dialogue track, with english subtitles. I was never a traditionalist anime fan. I prefer the english dubs.'

Later, the first episode ended and when to credit, with the song Mister Dandy playing, and the credits showing a slow, map style, single panning shot of Megatokyo, from above, ending with a sideways shot of Genom Tower in the distances.

As the episode ended, Lee thought, 'So, this place has the remaster copy versions of the BGC OVA series, with the episode one ending titles panning shot. Still, I have to react in some way. So, why not this way?'

Lee looked at the screen, as he calmly said, “Interesting episode. I will have to say those boomers are like terminators, with the action being good, and the music being nice.”

Violin looked over towards Lee, as she agreed, “Yes. It is a good episode for its time.”

While only showing any reaction from his emotional mask, on the outside, Lee thought, with inward annoyance, 'No. It is a anime classic, that has aged well. And I would love to say that. But, if I did, it would give me away.'

Aeryn flatly said, “It is watchable.”

Lee then realized, as he thought, 'Oh. They might be trying to bait me.'

The second episode, Mad Machine, started playing, with the intro of the episode playing the song, Mad Machine.

Lee thought, 'Ah. The Mad Machine song. One of my all time favorite anime songs. In both english, and japanese. Still, I am going to have to show reaction to two key scenes. One in this episode. And another in the next episode. Or, these two women will suspect something with me.'

Towards the end of the episode, when Irene was stabbed by the assassin boomer, died, Lee faked a visible winch of his face. From the corner of his eyes, even in the dim light from the screen, Lee noted that both women saw his facial expression.

After the credits, Lee lied, “I was not expecting that woman to die.”

Violin commented, “That is the fun thing about anime like this. It does the unexpected.”

Lee thought, 'And that is exactly why I like the anime format.'

After the credits to the second OVA ending, the third episode, Blow Up, began.

Near the beginning of the episode, Lee winched his face again, as he watch an unnamed AD Police Officer being literally shredded by gunfire from that battle boomer.

Right after that gruesome scene, Lee stated, “That poor officer.”

Violin said, “That is not a pretty way to go.”

Aeryn agreed, “No. It isn't.”

Twenty five minutes later, the credits for episode three ended, and the ceiling lights came on.

Without looking at the clock on the back of the wall, Lee knew around an hour and forty-five minutes had passed. Because the first episode was forty-six minutes long. And the second and third episodes just under thirty minutes each.

Lee suggested, “Let's talk in the hallway. This place is a little cramped.”

Aeryn agreed, “Good idea.”

All three adults stood up, and made their way to the door.

As they entered the hotel hallway, outside the theater room, the three adults stood, in a circle facing each other. With Aeryn and Violins standing near each other, and Lee facing them, about six feet away.

There was no one else around them, in the hallway.

Lee thought, 'This is such a nice theater. I enjoy going there. I will have to come back her, sometime.' He looked at Aeryn and Violin, with Aeryn to his left, and Violin to his right, as he continued his thoughts, 'Now, to navigate the after viewing minefield.'

Violin asked, “So, what do you think of anime, now?”

Lee thought, 'I am going to have to outright lie about her question.' He lied, “I didn't know that anime was this good. I always thought that it was just foreign kids cartoons. I might have to look into this format some more.” He mentally added, 'Now, to bait them.' He questioned, “I was wondered if you could give me some suggestions?”

Violin responded, “Sure. What do you like?”

Lee did not show his emotions outwardly, as he thought, with amusement, 'Now, for the fun part.' He answered, “As I stated. I like actions movies. To be honest, I like lots of action, gunplay, hot women, and for the story to be a little dark, but not too dark. As you said. Something unexpected.”

Violin began, “Well, I would suggest, Black...” She immediately stopped herself, from saying Black Lagoon.

Lee maintained his calm facade, but he was laughing on the inside, at Violin almost spilling the beans, as it were.

Violin then began again, “Well, I think the anime series, Cowboy Bebop, would be up your alley. It even has a good english dub track.”

Lee thought, “I know this reply is risky, but I have to have seen something in my youth. Revy's group was never close to the Bebop Crew. They were not even at the bikini parties. Well, except for Ed. But, she was with Lori, and later her entire family, after her children had their gender bending genes activated. So, this is a very small risk. And if I pull this off, by mentioning it, this will decrease their belief that I am the writer.'

Lee stated, “Cowboy Bebop? That cartoon from the Adult Swim line up, on Cartoon Network?”

Aeryn raised an eyebrow, as she inquired, “You know the series?”

Lee said, “If it is the ones about that space bounty hunters. The characters name are Spike, Jet, Faye, Ed, and the dog Ein. Then, yes. I have seen it.”

Violin commented, “That is the one. Where did you see if from? You mentioned a TV channel?”

Lee lied, “Well, I thought that series was a cartoon.” He then continued, with him mixing lies with the truth, “Anyway, it first came on a TV channel, Cartoon Network, at twelve, over a decade ago. I watched some of it, while I was at college. It was only twenty-six episodes, and an animated movie. But, it was so good, that Cartoon Network has aired the series, off and on, over the years. Though, it is sad what happened to Spike at the end. But, that, bang, at the end was a nice touch.”

Violin nodded once, as she agreed, “No argument there.”

Lee thought, 'Now, for the icing on the cake.' He cracked a grin, as he commented, “Also, I have to say that character, Faye Valentine is hot. But, not as hot as you two are.”

The two women smiled at Lee.

Aeryn said, “Thank you.”

Violin replied, “Thanks.”

Lee said, “You're both welcome.”

Violin inquired, “Given you stated that you were in college a decade ago, I take it you are in your thirties?”

Lee answered, “Yep.”

Violin further asked, “So, you must have been a child in the nineteen eighties? That time was when some interesting fiction and music come out.”

Lee thought, 'Violin is too sharp to lie to about this. I may as well just tell her.' Lee admitted, “Yep. I am a child of the nineteen eighties. And grown up in the era had its moments. Such, as Reagan’s, 'Tear down this wall', speech. That was a greatest speech by a politician, held directly against the tyranny next door.”

Violin agreed, “Very true.”

Lee went onto say, “I also saw the usual american cartoons that came on at that time. Transformers, GI Joe, He-man, Go-bots, both Ghostbuster cartoons... And Jem.”

Violin giggled at little. She then joked, “Truly outrageous.”

Lee and Violin then laughed at Violin's joke, for a few seconds.

Aeryn remained slight, as she did not get the joke.

As the two adults calmed down, Lee thought, 'You want to have fun with me, Violin. Let's have fun with you.'

Lee casually said, “Violin, you don't look old enough to get that joke.”

Violin swiftly lied, “I raided my parents video disc collection when I was younger.”

Lee complimented, in thought, 'That is a nice lie. Most people would believe it, if they didn't know the truth about you. Let's up the stakes.'

Lee commented, “And I cannot place your accent.”

Violin honestly stated, “I was raised for part of my childhood in Brevard County, Florida. And the other part in Tokyo, Japan.”

Lee thought, 'Yes. You had two childhoods. And oh, the fun I am about to have with your comment.'

Lee said, “So, you are an asian redneck. You guys are crazier than white rednecks. I should know. I am a white redneck.”

Lee mentally reflected, 'Actually Violin, you are is part alien. So, you are technically, an alien redneck. Now, that is a scary thought. And I think you may be the first genuine alien redneck with culture roots from the Deep South.'

Violin smiled wickedly, as she responded, “Yep. And proud of it. And I heard about your chase. Rock did state you called yourself a redneck. Nice to have a fellow redneck here.”

Lee returned Violin's smile, as he genuinely replied, “I agree.”

Aeryn inquired, “What is a redneck?”

Lee looked at Violin, and then over at Aeryn. Lee thought, 'I cannot believe that after all this time, Violin, as either John, or Violin, never explained to Aeryn what a redneck is. I guess I am going to have to just answer Aeryn's question, myself. Still, that does not mean I cannot have a little fun. As long as I am careful.'

Lee stated, “You two are together, and Violin did not tell know what a redneck is? Well Aeryn, a redneck is a term that can be both considered an insult, and a compliment. The modern term for redneck, is a redneck is both stupid and brilliant at the same time, while always hilarious. You see, a redneck is the type of person that would create a homemade engine that runs on alcohol. There is the brilliant part. Then, that person will test that engine, personally, with that engine likely exploding. There is the stupid part. And the funny part is all of it.”

“A word of advice. When a redneck says, 'hey, watch this', or something to that effect, run away, as fast as you can. Because that redneck is about to do something incredibly stupid, and likely very destructive.'

Aeryn looked over at Violin, with a slight look of annoyance, as she stated, “I wish I had known that years ago. It would saved us a whole lot of trouble.”

Both Violin and Lee laughed at her reaction, while Aeryn's look of annoyance turned into a smile at their jovial response.

Aeryn then turned back to Lee, as she stated, “Still, thank you for explaining that, Lee. It answers a lot of questions that I still have for, Violin. For quite some time.”

Lee replied, “No problem.” He mentally added, 'Now, is a good opportunity to excuse myself, before I slip up.' He said, “Well, ladies. It was fun. But, I am going to get some lunch. So, see you later.”

Lee then turned, and walked down the hallway, towards the hotel restaurant.

As Lee walked towards the hotel restaurant, he thought, 'That was close. I had to give them something. But, if they find out that Black Lagoon had been coming on Adult Swim's version of Toonami, more recently than Cowboy Bebop, then I am had.'

'It is a risk. But, then gamblers are suppose to deal with each. And I will just have to way and hope my minor gambit pays off.'

'Though, with Aeryn and Violin, I am not that worried. They are not the type to run background checks on information given to them. If they did that, then they would have avoided about a quarter of the problems they had in the Farscape series.'

'Like finding a third party to vouch for a would be passenger on Moya. Or, learning the local customs, and government, before kissing the locals. And especially, knowing who the local leaders are, before kissing said people. Such as a princess. Still, the Farscape, Look at the Princess, trilogy was a good set of episode.'

'That being said, when the folks that run Toonami announced they were going to air Black Lagoon, on the animation block, the news honestly caught me off guard. But, it was a pleasant surprise. And I do have the boxsets, so it was more of a novelty thing to watch that series on that channel. But, my copies are back home, for so many reasons... Oh well...'

'Also, with Sam busy today, it is likely going to be a boring day for me, until tonight. Not, that I am complaining. Boring means I am likely going to live to see another day.'

'I wonder if Bret, from the Maverick movie had a similar point of view on life and boredom. Not that it really matters.'

'Now, I need to get some lunch, and something to drink.'

Lee then continued walking down the hallway, towards the hotel restaurant, and something to eat and drink, for lunch.

(_)

Meanwhile, Aeryn and Violin watched Lee walk away.

As soon as Lee was out of earshot, Violin commented, “Lee is either one hell of an actor. Or, he is not the guy we are looking for.”

Aeryn conceded, “I am not sure, myself. I am usually good at spotting lies. But, with him, I get the sense he was slight lying. But, I am not sure what part of our conversations he was lying about.”

Violin stated, “The best type of liar, is a liar that hides a lie in a truth.”

Aeryn lamented, “Exactly. If only we had a empath, or a telepath, to help us. Then, this search would likely be over by now. But, Annie refused to help. And we could not find River, to ask her in private, to help us.”

Violin commented, “Yea. We did not mention to Rock and the others, that we did go look for River. Because, we did not want to cause problems with Rock. Though, I was hoping to find River, because she can keep a secret. And she would likely help us, by used her abilities to find the writer, and then informing us the two of us who the writer is. Then, we will take things from there.”

Aeryn stated, “Yes. I am not sure the others would overreact at finding the writer. And the two of us can handle matter more discreetly.”

Violin inquired, “Exactly. Still, we will just have to make due without them. On other topic. I think Lee had the right idea. What do you want to do now, for lunch?”

Aeryn suggested, “Fortunately, I have come to enjoy Earth food. How about we take our car, and go get some pizza at that nice pizza restaurant, we found in town.”

Violin replied, “That works for me.”

The two lovers the walked down the hallway, towards the front lobby, and to the outside parking lot, where their car was parked. So, they could take their car, to get some pizza, at a nearby restaurant.

(_)

A few hours later, in the hotel lobby, Lee sat in chair, on the right side of the lobby, facing the front doors of the lobby.

Lee has his personal deck of playing cards with him. And he was using the small table in front of him to play a came of solitary, as he listened to the pleasant rock music in the background, that was playing from lobby speakers.

(_)

Across the room, two women were watching him, from a couch, on the left side of the lobby, with their backs facing the windows on the left front side of the lobby.

It was then that Lotton returned, while wearing her white maid's uniform, with three bottles of beer.

Sawyer and Shenhua looked over at Lotton.

Lotton handed Sawyer and Shenhua, each a bottle. She opened the third, as she sat down between them. With Sawyer to her left side, and Shenhua to her right side.

Lotton then took the open the cap of her bottle, and places it on the large, low laying, square table, that was in front of the couch. With an empty couch on the other three sides of the table.

Lotton then took a drink of her bottle of beer.

Sawyer turned to Lotton, as she said, “Thank you.”

Lotton looked over at Sawyer, as she replied, “You're welcome.”

Meanwhile, Shenhua continued to look at Lee, from across the room, as she stated, “I cannot believe that Lee actually convinced Eda to sleep with him.”

In response, Sawyer and Lotton looked over at Lee.

Lotton said, “I ended up with you two, so I am not going to say another word about it.”

Sawyer commented, “How do we know that it was Lee that did the convincing. When Eda wants a man, she is going to find one.”

Shenhua said, “Well, either way. I am not sure what to think. We still haven't eliminated half the men in this hotel from being the writer. Lee, included.”

Sawyer stated, “True. But, if he was the writer, would he really be that crazy to sleep with Eda, while knowing her background, and that she was after him.”

Lotton commented, “It would be the perfect cover.”

Sawyer said, “It would also mean he is a lot more intelligent than we gave him credit for.”

Shenhua stated, “After that Tex-Mex incident, I would have to say that the writer at least has some intelligence. Still, the most direct way is the best. I say we take Lee out back, and beat him up until he confesses, or we are sure he isn't the writer.”

Lotton pointed out, “That would be counterproductive. Remember girls, we are not in Roanapur anymore. The cops here are not in our pockets. Except for the writer, no one knows about us. And we want to keep it that way.”

“If we start trouble, it will likely backfire in a several ways. First being, if Lee is not the writer, the real writer will hear about what happened to Lee, and likely run. For right now, at least we know he is in the hotel. So, he is nearby. We just haven't figured out who he is, just yet.”

Sawyer said, “I see your pointed.”

Shenhua frowned, as she conceded, “So, do I.” She then opened her bottle, and took a sip of her beer.

Lotton commented, “But, there may be another way. Let me see if I can appeal to his intellectual side. The writer likes to write, if Lee is writer, I wonder what his favorite author is.”

Lotton set down her beer bottle on the table in front of her, and got up from the couch.

Shenhua and Sawyer turned to watch as Lotton walked over to Lee.

The two women saw Lee stop playing his card game, set his cards onto the small table I front of him, and turn to his right, to look up at Lotton, as the white haired woman came to a stop, beside Lee.

Lotton and Lee then talked for a couple of minutes.

The two women noticed Lotton's face becoming paler as the conversation went on.

Soon after, Lotton walked back to join Sawyer and Shenhua. She sat back down between them.

The women could tell that Lotton was scared for some reason.

Lotton flatly stated, “Lee is not the writer. He is a fan of Lovecraft.”

Sawyer replied, “So, he is a little kinky. That would explain a lot of his writings. Not that I am complaining. He preferred to be vague with those scenes, allowing us to do what we wanted. And those were some fun times.”

Shenhua leered at Sawyer and Lotton, as she stated, “And we have had such wonderful times together.”

Lotton looked in front of her, as she quietly pointed out, “Not that kind of lovecraft. I am talking about H.P. Lovecraft. I even quizzed Lee about some of the stories, plots, and characters, by that author. He knows Mister Lovecraft's works well.”

Shenhua inquired, “Who is that?”

Lotton kept her eyes forward, as she explained, “H.P. Lovecraft is the grandfather of modern horror fiction. He is the guy that came up with the really weird, scary stuff. I highly suggest you just take my word on this. I don't want you to read his stories, because then you would realize that such horrors exist in the multiverse, and it might be years until you have another pleasant night's sleep.”

Shenhua asked, “How scary are we talking about?

Lotton swallowed, as she continued to look in front of her. She then answered, in a sober tone of voice, “We are talking horrors beyond human perception. The type of things that would scare Roberta to her core. Honestly, now that I think about, I realize how lucky we really are. Sure, I got turned into a chick, and my mind is enslaved to you two. But, you two have been good to me. You even have shared your bed with me. But, we are all happy, healthy, and actually a bit saner for what the writer did to us. The writer even fixed your scars, and restored you voice, Sawyer. And you have such a lovely voice.”

Sawyer smiled at Lotton, as she said, “Thank you, Lotton.”

Lotton looked in front of herself, as she went onto say, in a calm, though shaky tone of voice, “If those creatures in Mister Lovecraft's works had been introduced into our lives, things would have been far, far worse for all us. Likely including the writer, himself.”

Shenhua conceded, “You have a point there.”

Sawyer gently put her right hand on Lotton's shoulder right, as she said to her other lover, “As a way to cheer you up, how about tonight you decide which positions, and roles we take first take in bed.”

Lotton over at Shenhua, the chinese women replied, “That is fine with me.”

Lotton looked back at Sawyer, as she responded, with a slight smile on her lips, “Thanks, you two.

(_)

Across the room, Lee was watching the three women with the corner of his right eye.

While not showing it on the outside, Lee thought, with amusement, 'Nice try, Lotton. And honestly, H.P. Lovecraft is one of my favorite authors. Though, I am so happy I did not include anything from his writings. The thought of being confronted by those beings is terrifying. By not including them in my stories, I didn't dodge a bullet. I dodged a nuke!'

'I would be dancing in the street right now, happy that Lotton reminded me of that, if it would not cause people to ask questions about me. I guess the rule, out of mind, out of sight, applies here. And I am very happy about that.'

'Now, I just need to figure out what I am going to do for the rest of the day. Because this game of solitary was boring to begin with. And it is boring now. I think I will play a game of pool, by myself.

Lee then collected his card, put them into the small box they were in, and he pocketed them. Next, Lee got up, and headed for the hotel game room, to shoot a few rounds of pool, by himself.

(_)

A few hours later, is six twenty PM.

In the hotel restaurant, Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru were sitting that their usual table, near the stage, in the back right corner of the room.

The three women were wearing casual clothing.

Their three teenage daughters has already left with the Lagoon teenagers, to find some entertainment, elsewhere in town. Though, Rock and Revy had volunteered to be their chaperons for the night.

The three lovers were wearing casual clothing.

Aeryn, Violin, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton were eat their dinner together, at another table.

The three women had overheard them talking about maybe catching a movie later that night, with Yolanda and Eda.

Currently, the three lovers had finished eating their dinner, and they currently watching Lee eating at the bar counter, with his back turned to them, as he faced the left wall of the room.

While Lee sat in his stool, at the bar counter, the three women saw that he had not noticed them staring at him.

Natsuru stated, “I cannot believe he slept with Eda.”

Akira admitted, “I am kinda of jealous.” Akira noticed her two lovers turned to look at her. She added, “Come on. Like you haven't thought about it. Being a hot blond is one thing. Sleeping with a hot blond is another.”

Both her lover shrugged, in response.

Ranma said, “But, why would Eda sleep with Lee? I can understand from Lee's point of view. But, not Eda's.”

Natsuru commented, “For her, it was likely just a cheap thrill. A one night stand. That was all. Have personally met Eda, from the bikini parties, she always struck me as someone not looking for a long term relationship.”

Natsuru thought, 'I wonder what our friends in the other table might find out, if they go to the movies with Yolanda and Eda, tonight. I will have to ask them later about that. Maybe tomorrow afternoon.'

Ranma stated, “Very possible. And given the way Lee has not reacted about it. Such as not acting all day, like he is on cloud nine, I would guess that he understands that it was just a one night stand.”

Akira said, “That is likely. Though, I would like to know how his mind ticks.”

Natsuru agreed, “So, would I.”

Ranma smirked, as she said, “I know a way to do that. All we have to do is apply our feminine charms.”

Akira and Natsuru looked over at Ranma, and Ranma looked back at them.

Akira asked, “What do you have in mind?

Ranma stated her plan

After Ranma finished, Natsuru said, “That might work. Of course, that could blow up in our faces, if he becomes violent.”

Ranma commented, “I am not worried about that. Any one of us can handle, Lee. By the way he walks, he clearly has not been trained to fight.”

Natsuru pointed out, “True. But, after that chase, I am concerned that he might be crazy. Rock stated that Lee showed no fear in that game of chicken. And we know first hand out unpredictable crazy people can be.”

Akira stated, “Perhaps. But, Ranma's right. He might even cry for his mother by the end of the night. Yet. If things go sour on us, we will be gentle with him.”

Ranma said, “That is my thought, exactly.”

Natsuru pointed out, “Still, he thinks we are just lesbians. He will be suspicious of us.”

Ranma replied, “So? Some men find that to be a turn on.”

Natsuru conceded, “True. And he has been nothing but polite to us. So, either way, he will give us the time we ask for.”

Akira said, “Yes. Well, no time like the present. Let's go ask him.”

Natsuru and Ranma nodded, in agreement.

All three women got up from their seats and walked over to where Lee was eating at the bar counter.

(_)

Less than a minute later, at the bar counter.

With Sam absent, Lee was quietly eating his meal alone, at the bar counter.

Lee then heard a voice, to his left, back side, say, “Lee. Could we have a word with you?”

Lee turned to his left, to see Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru, standing nearing him, while facing him.

The fact that all three women were grinning at him, in an innocent girl type smile, set him on edge. Though, he did not show his reaction on the outside.

Lee thought, 'I wonder what they want? Still, these three gender benders are likely the sanest, and nicest among their group. So, I will be as polite as possible.' He inquired, “Good evening, ladies. What can I do for you?”

Natsuru requested, in a slightly sweet, polite tone of voice, “Would you like to join us for drinks, here in the bar, tonight, after everyone leaves?”

Lee thought, 'Talk about such an outright trap. Three hot babes trying to get me drunk. But, if I saw, no, they will question my response. But, if I say, yes. All I got to do is watch the amount of I drink, compared to them. Two of the three of them will eventually get drunk before me, by the very fact I outweigh them, and they don't have the super-soldier serum serums there veins.'

'I know for a fact that Ranma is a light weight, in her female form. when it comes to alcohol. In the Romeo and Juliet play adventure she had in her series, she got real drunk from some sake, real quickly. She probably has not built up that much more of a tolerance to alcohol in her adulthood. Though, it was later showed that Ranma sobered up quickly, after she changed into her male form.'

'Perhaps changing genders broke down the alcohol in Ranma's body, and sobered Ranma up. Though, that is something to look into, at another time. Maybe it works the same way with poisons. It is worth checking out, later.'

'Still, back to the matter at hand. I never made Ranma a drinker in my stories. Akira has had a few beers and some rum, but she was never shown drinking in her original series. And she did not drink that much in my series.'

'Though, while Natsuru is not a drink either, her kampfer form likely makes her tolerate alcohol than even I can. I just won't get suckered into a drinking contest. And I should be fine.'

'Though, this plan will not work if I am drinking beer. They will see through that. I will just have something stronger that I like. Such as vodka.'

'And while Natsuru enhanced abilities will probably protects her from getting drunk as a woman. I can patiently wait for Ranma and Akira to get drunk, and wasted. As I just sip my drink. Then, Natsuru will excuse all three of them, and I am in the clear.'

Lee answered, “Sure. What time?”

Natsuru answered, “Eleven tonight, Sound fine.?

Lee thought, 'Best to get this out of the way, as soon as possible.' He replied, “Yea. That is good for me.”

Natsuru said, “See you then.”

After three women then turned, and walked away from the bar counter.

Meanwhile, Melvin had been behind the bar counter, and he had overheard the conversation. He walked up to Lee, from behind the bar counter. He stated, “You know they are just looking for trouble.”

Lee turned to face Melvin, as he responded, “I know. But, what else could I have done?”

Melvin conceded, “You have a point there.”

Lee pointed out, “Also, you will be here. And from what I heard, you already reigned them once. I am sure you can do so again.” He mentally added, 'I never would I have thought that someday I might be happy to have a member of Hotel Moscow near by.'

Melvin smirked, “You got that right.”

Lee commented, in a soft voice, so only Melvin heard, “Though, I do have a request. At eleven, when I return here. I will order some vodka. Give me a lower proof than normal.”

Melvin quietly responded, “I get where you are going. Turn the tables on them. But, that could also get you in trouble.”

Lee stated, in a soft tone of voice, “Only if I take them to bed with me. When they are drunk, I am leaving this bar, by myself.”

Melvin replied, “That will be fine.” He then walked away, to check on his other customers at the bar counter, as the waitresses handled those at the tables.

Lee then went back to eating his meal. As Lee took a drink from his soda, he thought, 'I don't think I will go out of my way for the meeting with those women. This isn't a romantic meeting. It is a duel of wits. So, I will go casual.'

When Lee was finished his dinner, he paid for his meal, tipped Melvin for the meal, and left for his suite, to watch some TV, before meeting with three loves later, for drinks.

(_)

At Eleven PM, Lee walked back into the hotel restaurant. He hadn't done anything special for meeting the women.

As Lee walked into the restaurant, he took a look around. He noted the room was clear, except for Natsuru, Ranma, and Akira, at their usual table, near the stage in back. In the same clothing they had on earlier that evening.

And across the room, Melvin was behind the bar counter, doing early clean up on some glasses and the bar counter itself.

Lee thought, 'I don't see anyone else here, besides the girls, and Melvin. I wonder if they cleared out the room. Probably not. These three are fairly nice. And this place pretty much clears itself out around this time of night.'

While Lee walked over to the table, where the girls were at, he saw that the table had four chairs around, for the moment. With three of the chairs occupied.

In the chairs, from left to right, was Natsuru, Akira, and Ranma. With Natsuru and Ranma facing each other. And Akira facing the empty chair for Lee.

Ranma was the first to noticed Lee, as she kindly said to him, “Hi Lee. Come on over. We have been waiting for you.”

Akira and Natsuru then looked up at Lee.

Natsuru looked at her wrist watch, and then back up at Lee. She complimented, “You punctuality is commendable.”

Akira offered, “Have a seat.”

As Lee came nearer to them, he said, “Sure. Let me get my drink.”

Before Lee turned towards the bar counter, he noted what all three women were drinking. And while Lee started to make his way to the bar counter, he thought, 'Well, at least the girls are serious about drinking. They each have a bottle, and are drinking from a glass. And what they are drinking makes sense.'

'Akira is drinking rum. She got a taste for rum from Revy. I know, because I wrote her that way. Ranma is drinking sake. She probably got a taste for it from her father. And Natsuru is drinking some red wine. For her, I guess it is a case of personal taste.'

'Still, rum and sake are fairly alcoholic. The rum might actually have more alcohol then the vodka I am going to get. Given I already requested Melvin to not give me something with a lot of alcohol in it. So, if I drink slowly, Akira and Ranma will likely get drunk faster than me.'

When Lee reached the bar counter, Melvin looked up at him.

Lee quietly ordered, “Melvin. I would like a bottle of Vodka. Moderate alcohol content. With a glass.”

Melvin said, “Coming right up.”

Melvin the turned around and pulled out a bottle Vodka, from the shelves set on the wall, behind the bar counter, and he set the bottle in front of Lee. He then pulled out a clean glass for Lee.

Melvin then looked at Lee, as he softly stated, “I know these women have something planned for you. And you asking for a lower proof earlier shows you suspect something as well. Anyway, this is seventy proof.”

Lee thought, 'Thirty five percent alcohol.'

Melvin quickly continued, “With your size, if you drink it slowly, you will out last them. I have watch the redhead and blond get drunk a few times. Though, both of them are nice drunks. Still, the blue one does not get drunk.'

Lee thought, 'That is what I suspected.'

Melvin went onto say, in a soft tone of voice, “Anyway, if you are careful, you will be fine.”

Lee looked Melvin in Melvin's eyes, as he said, “Thanks man.”

Melvin just smiled.

Less than a minute later, Lee paid for the bottle. He then carried the bottle and glass, back with him, to the table with the three hot women.

When he reached their table, he sat the bottle and the glass in front of where he was going to see down.

As Lee sat down, he saw that he was in front of Akira. Ranma was to his right. And Natsuru was to his left. With him in the chair facing the right wall, near the empty buffet cart on the wall.

Lee then opened the bottle of Vodka. He pour a little bit into his glass, set the bottle gently down on the table, and he then took a sip of the vodka. And he found the taste to his likely.

Lee thought, 'It has been while since I was introduced to drink vodka. But, I found it to be okay. And that is a story for another time.'

When Lee finished his sip, he set the glass back down, as he asked, “So, what do you ladies want to talk about first?”

Ranma asked, “How much do you know about martial arts?”

Lee lied, “Only what I have seen in actions movies.” He mentally added, 'I have also read about on the fighting arts. Now Ranma, how much are you willing to admit to know? Given your pride. Probably everything short of your name, and gender bending abilities.' He inquired, “How about you?”

Ranma smirked, as she commented, “Oh. So. So much more.”

The four adults then began their cat and mouse game of conversation, which both sides being careful with their answers and questions. While everyone at the table also attempted to keep the conversation casual.

(_)

After thirty minutes of casual talking, evading, and deflection, without the girls showing any notice of Lee's conversational tactics. And them masterfully avoid Lee's questions as well. Lee noticed that his bladder was full.

Lee finished off what was left of the little bit of Vodka in his glass. He then said, “If you will excuse me, ladies. I will be right back.”

Lee then got up, and walked across the room, over to the hallway, by the bar counter, near the entrance, where the restrooms were located.

Ranma also noticed that Melvin had also turn his back on them.

Ranma quietly said, “Okay. We are good. Akira keep and eye out for Lee. Natsuru, keep you eyes on Melvin. If either of them sees this, and the jig is up.”

Her to lovers did as instructed.

Ranma then reached into one of her pants pockets and pulled out a small vial of liquid.

Natsuru saw the vial, from the corner of left her eye, as she softly asked, “What is that?”

Ranma quietly answered, “It is a Mickey Finn. This will simulate the effects of being drunk. I made sure that the chemicals I am using won't hurt him. It will just get us the drunk effect we want for him. And he should be fine tomorrow morning.”

Natsuru softly inquired, “Well he taste it?”

Ranma popped off the cap to the vial, and set it down on the table, as she quickly reached over and picket up the open bottle Vodka.

Lee's bottle of Vodka was about ninety percent still full.

While she poured the liquid in the vial, into the bottle, she quietly answered, “Not if I put it bottle. This chemicals in the vial are to strong to put directly into his glass. And the vodka smell will also hide any scent it has.”

Ranma then put her right thumb on the top of the Vodka bottle, as she shook it gentle, to mix the chemicals into the bottle. She then set the bottle back where it was. Picked up the cap for the vial. Placed the cap back on the empty vial, and she put the vial back into the pants pocket she originally had it in.

Akira kept her eyes on the hallway that left to the restrooms, as she softly asked, “How long till the stuff kicks in?”

Ranma quietly stated, “Ten to fifteen minutes. Though, it depends on how much he consumes, to his body mass. But, at the rate he has been drinks. That is how long I think it will take.”

Akira softly said, “I wonder if he will start sobbing like a child.”

Natsuru kept his eye on Melvin, as she quietly commented, “I wonder what he will be like to.”

Akira continued to look at the hotel restaurant hallway, on the left side of the room, leading to the restrooms, she saw Lee start to walk out.

Akira said, “Well, we are about to find out, because here he comes.”

Ranma inquired, “Did Melvin see anything?”

Natsuru replied, “No. He had his back turned the whole time.”

Ranma said, “Good.”

The three women then watched Lee walked across the room, towards them.

When Lee reach the three women, he then sat back down in his chair.

Lee look at the three lovers, as he calmly asked, “Did I miss anything?”

Akira casually lied, “No. Nothing.”

Lee then picked up the Vodka bottle, and pour himself another drink into his glass.

(_)

Twelve minutes later, the three women could tell the spiked drink was starting to kick in.

Lee was slurring his speech a little, and it took him several seconds to pour himself another glass of vodka from his bottle on the table.

And like any person with no experience at being drunk, Lee did not realize he was drunk.

Akira thought, 'Now, let us see what makes you really tick. And I think the most direct approach, is the best approach with a drunk. Drunks have no sense of subtlety. I learned that from going out drinking with Revy.' She asked, “I was wondering, Lee. What are you really like?”

Lee set his bottle of vodka back on the table, in a slightly harder manner than usual.

Lee looked over at Akira, as he swayed his head side to side. He then stopped moving his head. He slightly slurred his speech, as he replied, “What am I really like? What are any of us really like in this epically screwed up world?”

Ranma commented, “This world doesn't seem that bad.”

Lee chuckled. He then said, in a less slurred, more direct tone of voice, “I guess is wouldn't if you don't look too closely. Oh and how closely can you look? Such into the eyes of children, and into the reflections of their screwed up childhoods.”

Natsuru asked, “You think children are screwed up?”

Lee responded, “Ha! Oh yea. There is not one person that I personally know of that didn't have a screwed up childhood.”

Ranma smirked, as she teased, “Yourself include? Were you beaten as a children?”

Lee answered, “No. I wasn't beaten. But, I can see why you would think that. Everyone focuses on the classical abuses. The simple stuff. The straight forward events, where there is still calm between the events. The ones where there is a monster that can easily be pointed to. Let's see...”

Lee looked at his right hand for a second. He then used his left hand to roll up the blue cloth jacket sleeve on his right forearm, up to the elbow.

Lee then got out of his chair.

Without warning, he tipped over a table nearby them, to Lee's right side, as he yelled, “The beatings!”

Lee then used his right hand to pick up the back of a chair, by the tipped over table, and throw a chair, across the room, between the stage and the bar counter, in the left, back corner of the room, as he screamed, “The whippings!”

Lee then walked back over to his chair and picked up his bottle off the table with his left hand, by the neck of the bottle.

He took a swallow from the bottle.

Lee then reversed the way he was holding the bottle by the neck. Vodka began to pour out of the bottle, as Lee quickly slammed the bottle onto their table, as he yelled, “The rapes!”

The bottle shattered, spilling glass and vodka onto the table top and floor, though, not on Lee's chair. All that was left of the bottle in his hand was the neck of the bottle attached to some rough, sharp glass edges.

Lee looked at the sharp edges of the broken bottle, as he started laughing.

The three women near him were becoming very worried if Lee was a having a bad reaction to the drug.

Meanwhile, Melvin had begun to noticed what was happening. Though, he just silently watched things play out, as he stood behind the bar counter.

Over the next few seconds, Lee slowly stopped laughing, until he was quiet again.

Lee then looked down at his chair. He saw no glass in it. Next, he sat back down in his chair, as he firmly held broken bottle by its neck with his left hand.

Lee looked towards the right wall, away from everyone, with a far off look in his eyes, behind his glasses, as he said, in a voice that was far to calm for the situation, “No one ever thinks about the tough abuses. The ones with no clear monsters. The death by a thousand paper cuts.” He continued, in a slightly lower, sadder tone of voice, “The types of abuses that leave the victim a damned, hated monster, bound for Hell.”

While careful to avoid the broken glass on the table, Lee held out his right arm onto the table, with the palm of his right hand flat onto the table, with the outside of his right forearm facing up.

He reversed his hold of the bottle neck with in left hand to where the sharp edges were pointed downwards.

Lee then looked in front of him, towards Akira. He looked into Akira's eyes, as he used the longest sharp pointed in end of his broken bottle, which his left hand, to cut a shallow cut across on the outer side of his right forearm, right below the elbow. He coldly stated, with venom in his tone of voice, “The distrust from others. And disagreements for the sake of disagreeing.”

Without looking, while always keeping his eyes on Akira's eyes, he then make another shallow cut right below the first cut, going towards his right wrist, as he stated in the same cold, venomous tone of voice, “The disrespect by others. And denial of rightful recognition of one achievements.”

Lee make another shallow cut below the first two cuts, as he stated, “The deceit and lies from others.”

And shallow cut below the previous three cuts, while in a similar tone, “The looks of disgust, scorn, and hatred.”

And another shallow cut, “Never being given the benefit of the doubt.”

And another shallow cut, “The disappointment over actions and events beyond the child's control.”

And another shallow cut, “The insults.”

And another shallow cut, “The rumors.”

And another shallow cut, “The hypocrisy set against the child.”

And another shallow cut, “The strikes from behind.”

And another shallow cut, “The denied opportunities.”

And another shallow cut, “The discouragement to have opinions, show emotions, set and achieve goals in life.”

And another shallow cut, “Being punished by authorities, based on lies, and false accusations, from nameless, faceless cowards.”

And another shallow cut, “The complete negligence, and absence of empathy from others.”

And another shallow cut, “Get a bruise. Just ignore it.”

And another shallow cut, “Get a cut. Let it bleed.”

And another shallow cut, “Get a sprain. Walk it off.”

And another shallow cut, “Just ignore the pain because acknowledging that the child is in pain would be the same as acknowledging the child is a human being.”

By then, Lee has reached the top of his right wrist, with shallow cuts becoming red, with some of the cuts slightly bleeding.

Though, as Lee did this, his eyes never left Akira's eyes.

But, Akira's eyes did sometimes move to the look at the cuts on Lee's arm, and then back at Lee's eyes.

Akira saw the cuts were shallow. And just deep enough to draw blood, and be painful, but the woulds would likely leave no lasting scars.

Akira could clearly see, passed the large glasses on Lee's face, that Lee's eyes never registered the pain of those cuts.

Akira thought, with worry, 'Lee is either in a lot of pain, and that pain is masking the pain of those cuts, or he has gone completely dead inside. I have seen people in both situations, first hand. I don't know which would be worse for him.'

Yet, Akira saw that Lee eyes were empty eyes. Eyes she had only seen from Revy, and a few others, when they got a too drunk, and became very unpredictable.

The worst part was that Akira could guess what was going through Lee's mind. In Lee's mind he was not cutting on his right arm, he was cutting on her.

Akira thought, with even more worry, and some slight fear for everyone involved, 'Oh crap. We have awaken a beast, and I am not sure what to do.'

Akira risked a glance, to her sides, towards Ranma and then Natsuru. She could see both from the expressions on her lovers' faces, that they shared her worries. Akira then looked back into Lee's cold, dead like eyes.

Lee stopped cutting on himself, as he coldly stated, with malice in his voice, “I guess the line forms to the left, for him. And because it is only a cut here, and an insult there. No one person has done anything to warrant punishment. But, unlike those that have been beaten, assaulted, or raped, he doesn't get to point out those that harm him for just vengeance, because it was everyone that had harmed him. And if he attempts to seek justice, it is he who is punished. For unlike those others, he are not allowed his REVENGE!”

Akira then saw fury ignite in Lee's eyes, as he used his right hand on the table, for leverage, as he bolt over the table at her, while slamming the edges of the broken bottle in his left hand, into the table right in front of Akira.

As Lee came to a sudden stop, he used his right hand, and arm. to steady himself, while blood dripped from his right arm, and onto the table.

At the same time, Akira was now face to face with Lee, with mere inches between them, as Lee was giving her a slasher smile that would make Roberta proud.

To Akira's credit, she did not show any fear. Similar experiences with Revy, and the others, had taught her to not show fear in such situations.

Though, Lee's abrupt action did not go unnoticed by Natsuru and Ranma.

Natsuru immediately grabbed Lee by his left wrist and arm, while Ranma jump on top of Lee, and put him in a headlock.

Ranma warned, with worry in her tone of voice, “Lee, get a hold of yourself.”

Lee began to wickedly laugh, as he let go of the broke bottle, while he dropped his crazed smile.

Lee's laughter slowly died down. But, while he still giggling, he said, “You're right, Ranma.”

Everyone relaxed. Natsuru let go of Lee, while Ranma released Lee from her headlock. She moved back to her chair, as Lee moved back to his.

Lee was quiet again for a few seconds.

The girls remained silent at, as well. Because they did not want to set him off again, and risk seriously harming him, to prevent him from doing harm to them. Given, they were the ones that put him in this crazed stated of mind in the first place, they did not want to see Lee harmed.

Lee and Akira were still looked at each other in their eyes, and Akira saw Lee's eyes turn sad.

Lee stated, with neither warmth, nor coldness in his voice, “This is no justice in this world, or the next. God is an evil fuck, just like the rest.”

“In this world, there is no good. There is only evil. People who hurt other people are rewarded. And people that are hurt by other people are punished. Because this is a Hell masquerading as Earth.”

Akira then saw Lee's eyes water, as he shed a few tears, while he went onto say, with venom, and sadness in his tone of voice, “And you know what. I hate beautiful people like you. So damn healthy. So damn many opportunities. So damn happy. So surrounded by those whom are supportive, and care for you. You get to do anything you want. While I am not allow to do anything, but suffer.”

Akira mentally realized, 'He is not dead inside. He is just in a whole lot of pain. The healthy remark probably means it is more than just emotional pain. There is some physical pain attached to it, as well. At least, he is not dead inside.'

Lee then looked over at his glass of vodka. He picked it up, and made a motion like he was about to drink it. But, before the glass rim reached his lips, he said, “When I am buzzed, I am happy. But, clearly when I am drunk, I tap into my dark side. I don't like being like this. I think I will sleep this off... Oh, and you wanted to know the real me. Well, it looks like you got your answer.”

Instead of finishing the vodka, he poured it on the cuts of his right arm, to sterilize the injuries, and prevent infection.

Lee hissed in pain from the alcohol stinging wounds, as he used his left hand to rub the vodka into his cuts. Next, he rolled down the right sleeve of his jacket, down his right arm, to hid the cuts on his right forearm.

Lee then silently got up. He stumbled out of the hotel bar, into the hallway, towards the elevators, and his hotel room.

After Lee left the room, the three women looked at the entrance to the hotel hallway, that Lee exited into, as Natsuru asked, with concern in her tone of voice, “Is Lee going to remember any of this?”

Ranma answered, in a sober tone of voice, “Likely not. Though, he will likely wonder where those cuts on his arm came from. But, they look shallow enough to heal quickly, and leave no lasting scars. And I am regretting what we did to him. I just wanted to get some insight into his mind. I didn't realized he was that screwed up.”

Akira stated, with worry in her tone of voice, “Yea. And I thought Revy was messed up. And some of the others are not that far behind her. But, this guy brings an entirely different point of view to being messed up. Unlike Revy, and the others, when they are like this, they get violent. Lee was holding back, not for his sake, but ours. He is in a lot of pain, but he doesn't want to take it out on anyone. I admire that about him.”

Natsuru commented, “So, do I. And Lee called the time of his messed up childhood, a death by a thousand paper cuts. Like the old chinese torture. I do not want to know what this guy has been through. But, it was clearly not pleasant, and it went off continuously, for a very long time.”

Akira stated, “That healthy comment also makes me think he is in some physical pain. I saw his eyes when he was cutting himself. He was not registering the pain. You don't do that unless you are already hurting a lot on the inside. Or, dead inside. And I am leaning towards him hurting on the inside. He is too nice to be dead on the inside.”

Ranma said, “And so, that is what he is really like. Yet. He is so nice to everyone. And Akira, you are right about him willfully holding back. I don't want to think about how much self-control that man has built up over the years.”

Natsuru suggested, “Well, let us be nicer to him from now on. He tries to be nice to us. And I don't think it is just because he finds us hot.”

Akira replied, “Agreed. Let's be nicer to him.”

Ranma said, “That is a good idea, Natsuru.”

Natsuru asked, “Should we make sure he gets to his room okay?”

Akira responded, “We will do so in a few minutes. Our room is right beside his. It is best if he is in his room, when we return to ours. If we have to help him, it could cause problems for all of us. But, even if that is the case, we will still help him, because we put him in this situation, in the first place.”

Natsuru and Ranma nodded in agreement.

The women then heard Melvin say, from across the room, behind the bar counter, “Ladies.”

The women turned to look at Melvin, as they realized that Melvin has seen the entire event, and he had overheard the conversation they just had.

Melvin cautioned, with slight anger evident in his tone of voice, “Whatever you guys slipped, Lee. Do not do that again to him.”

Ranma said, “Don't worry. We won't do that again.”

Melvin replied, “Good. Because that man is one of my nicest customers I have. And I don't want to lose him. Now, I am going to close this place early, in a few minutes. So, finish what you are drinking, and please leave, for the night.”

Akira stated, “We will. Do you wish for us to pay for repairs?”

Melvin answered, “No. I don't see anything too serious. And I will keep this between us.”

Natsuru said, “Thank you. We will remember that.”

A few minutes later, the girls finished their drinks, paid their bill, left a nice tip for Melvin, and left for their hotel suite.

When the three lovers reached the hallway door to their hotel suite, they did not see Lee anywhere on the path they took, from the front lobby, to the front elevator bay, to in the hallway, on the third floor.

The three women then used a key to open their door, and they quietly closed the door behind them. After which, instead of making love to each other, then decided, for Lee's sake, since it was later than usual, when they turned. And after what they did to Lee, they would not do anything to disturb his rest for that night.

So instead, the three women quietly got ready for bed, and they went to sleep on the large bed they shared in their hotel bedroom.

(_)

The next morning, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma, saw the hotel restaurant was back to the way it normally was, and Lee, was at his usual placed, at the bar counter, eating breakfast, from the buffet, with Sam, as if nothing had happened the previous night.

During the rest of the day, Lee had not approach Akira, Ranma, nor Natsuru. And Melvin had kept his mouth shut about the events of the previous night.

And even though, the three women did decide, when they did have a chance to talk to Lee, they would be nicer to him. While, Lee would likely have no clue as to why the three of them were being nicer to him. As far as the three lovers were concerned, they were in the clear.

To be continued.

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another great chapter

WOW! That was some chapter. So many back stories, several major interactions, Lee getting personal with his pursuers, and ending with a very, very intense look into what makes Lee the guy that he is. Wow, again. brilliant. Thanks for the supercharged chapter. Supercharged with emotion and background. The girls tried everything to find out who the writer is, and kind of opened up things they maybe didn't want to.
great.