Tears.

Printer-friendly version
tear.jpg
Tears
by Jenn C.
Copyright © 2015 Jenn C.
All Rights Reserved.

Tears.

They run down my face.

Reminding me of loss, sadness,
even happiness at times.

Tracks of emotion, left over and over.

Furrows left behind a lifetime of evidence.

They will not stop, or even, slow.

My soul leaks out a bit at a time, overrunning my eyes.

I cry once again and move on, hiding the evidence of my emotions.

But knowing those worn lines will never go away.

Left only for me to feel over and over.


Illustration image by: janheath1234.wordpress.com

up
80 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

do you need

someone to talk to?

I second what Jaci said

you need a shoulder or two, call on us.

DogSig.png

Something I Don't Understand About Crying

I wonder if you, or anyone reading your poem "Tears", can explain something that puzzles and annoys me about what happens when I cry. I have checked with several other individuals, just to determine that it is not just something else freakish about me, and they confirmed it happened to them too. It is this: whenever I cry, I find that my nose runs too. OK, I know that if I get a runny nose, e.g. from "Hayfever" (they call it that because it is not a fever and it is not caused by hay - pretty obvious and logical, isn't it ?), my eyes will start weeping too, so I guess that the nerves supplying the nose also supply signals to the tear-ducts as well -it is just that I cannot see any biological purpose or reason that both organs should get involved at the same time. In fact it must be a DIS-advantage, if one can not only not be able to see properly for tears but one's nose runs as well. It just makes one even more miserable.

It doesn't make sense, does it ?

I accept that to properly enjoy fun, feel happy and have laughter, one also has to be able to experience sadness, misery, and weep, but what does the nose get into the act as well for ? I can see no biological advantage in it.

Briar

Actually, it does make sense

There are ducks from the corners of the eyes into the nose. They are used to drain excess tears through the nose so that the eye doesn't get overly saturated during normal activity. you may have experienced air are other stuff going into your eye when you blow your nose. That is a reverse flow through the same ducts.
Cassie Ellen

Tears

No more tears left to cry
My whole face has run dry

Gone as dry as the desert air
Empty, barren, nothing grows there

Maybe if my tears began to flow
I could get my ducks in a row