Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 5: Volume 1: Chapter 09

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse Book 5: “The Gambling Man.”

Volume 1: “De La Plata Podrido.”

Chapter 09: “As Time Moves Forward, The Past Is Not Left Behind.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

In De La Plata Podrido, Mexico, Lee found the next few days, after the time loop ended, to be very pleasant, as he got use to time moving forward, as usual, and he got back into his previous routine, before time started resetting.

This routine was mainly keeping his identity a secret, while trying to figure out how to get a reality device. And all the while, Lee would have his continuous poker game with Sam, in the morning at the hotel lobby, then in late morning at the Rats Nest. Then, they break for lunch. After which, they continue in the Rats Nest, from the afternoon, until it was close to five fifty PM, which was when they would leave the Rats Nest, and head back to the hotel restaurant.

When they reached the hotel restaurant, they would have dinner, and enjoy watching some karaoke performances, from six-thirty, when the karaoke opened for the night, to six-fifty PM, when Lee would excuse himself from Sam, for about half an hour, and he left the hotel restaurant, for his car, in the parking lot.

Lee then drove to the Last Resort Diner, to meet with Pedro, and talk to him, for their day update with each other, one what was going on, while trying to figure out how to steal one of the reality devices that those after Lee, had on them.

The two of them were both mature enough adults to admit they had reached a brick wall with that plan.

Their meetings usually lasted between twenty to thirty minutes.

After that, Lee and Pedro parted ways for the night, and Lee returned to the hotel restaurant, to meet back with Sam, as they watched the women in Revy's group, take turns sings karaoke, while slowly getting drunk from their drinks.

Lee and Sam found that fun to watch, as they slowly drank beers.

While in the hotel restaurant, other customers, including Lee and Sam, sometimes also went on the karaoke stage. Though, Lee had to remember to pretend that he wasn't that good a singer, when he was on stage. Or, questions would be asked, given the women had heard him sing before the time loop, and at that time, he wasn't that good at singing.

Along with this, Lee and Sam were careful not to get drunk. Though, they sometimes got buzzed by the time they left the hotel restaurant and bar, to get some sleep for the night.

Though, Lee did do one thing different, than from before the time loops, he convinced Sam to change where they sat during dinner and karaoke. He moved them both over to the right back corner table, where the wall right wall, meet the front entrance wall.

They had already occasionally sat there, from time to time. So, Sam did not think much of Lee's request on changing where they sat when they were together, in the hotel restaurant.

Lee and Sam were the only ones that sat in that table, and they sat beside each other, in the corner. With Lee sitting to Sam's right side.

The main reasons Lee had them change their seating location was that it offer Lee a vantage point to see from the entrance, to the back tables, by the stage, where the girls sat, to the stage itself, without most people looking in Lee and Sam's directions.

And even though Lee was no closer to escaping his home reality, and those after him, he was still have a great time with the only good friend he had ever had, whom he considered his best friend, Sam.

On the matter of the time loops, Lee decide to omit the whole time loop incident. He kept what happened secret. He did not tell anyone because he really didn't want to complicate matters with anyone. He did not even tell Pedro, nor Sam. And he decided it was best to hide his the well practice abilities, which he learned in the time loop.

Still, this morning was slightly different that Lee's usual day. During the previous evening, at dinner, Sam had told Lee that he would be spending later night with his girlfriend, on the hotel she was staying at, on the other side of the island. And Sam said that he would meet with Lee late tomorrow morning at the Rats Nest.

Lee's responded, by telling Sam fine with the situation, and he wished Sam a good time with his girlfriend. Though, Lee wisely did not ask any questions on the matter.

So, after dinner, Lee said good night to Sam. He then headed to the Last Resort Diner, where he met with Pedro. After which, he returned to the hotel, and to his suite, where he retired early, for the night.

(_)

The next morning was a cool, slightly windy, partly cloudy day.

Around eleven thirty AM, the next morning, Lee's pink car was parked in the parking lot of the Rats Nest, to the left of the building.

While inside the Rats Nest, Lee sat in a stool, at the bar counter, with his back to the far left windows of the bar, as he patiently waited for Sam.

Lee was dressed in his usual t-shirt, pants, leather belt, socks, underwear, tennis shoes, blue cloth jacket, blue baseball cap, and large glasses.

The bartender was dressed in her casual wear, as well.

Besides the bartender, Lee was the only other person in the room.

As Lee sipped on his bottle of beer, the bartender walked up to Lee, from the other side of the bar counter.

While the bartender stood across the bar counter from Lee, she asked, “So, where is your friend, Sam?”

Lee set his half over full bottle of beer on the table. He looked up at the bartender, as he answered, “He spent the night with his girlfriend. He said that he was going to meet with me here, this morning.”

The bartender replied, “I did not know he had a girlfriend. What is she like?”

Lee honestly admitted, “I don't know. I have never met the woman. Me and Sam have an arrangement. I don't ask questions about his personal life. He doesn't ask questions about my personal life.”

Lee thought, 'Speaking of which. I am happy you have kept your mouth shut about our date. Even to me, for the most part. Unless we are alone, like now. Though, you do smile towards me more, so I know you enjoyed our date and the dance. And I return the smile.'

The bartender replied, without even a hint of sarcasm, “Nice arrangement. I think I would find such an arrangement interesting. Though, speaking of question. The girls are still bugging me about that dance.”

Lee cracked a smile, as he said, “I told you we would bring down that house. And they would be envious of you.

The bartender returned Lee smile, as she responded, “I know. And we accomplished both feats, very well. Also, I love the feeling I get when I refuse to tell them who I danced with that night.”

Lee commented, “I am glad you are having fun with that information.”

The bartender admitted, “Yea. I am. And your secret is safe with me. Also, Let me know where you need another beer. Or, when Sam gets here, so I can get him one.”

Lee replied, “I will.”

The bartender then walked to another part of the bar counter. From the corner of Lee's left eye, he saw her use a white rag, as she picked up on bottle of alcohol from under the bar counter, and wipe it down with the rag, then she move on to the next bottle.

Lee then looked at himself in the mirror, on the right wall, directly behind the bar counter from him, for a few seconds. He then looked down at his bottle of beer sitting in front of him, as he thought, 'I find it deeply ironic that, even after twenty years worth of time loops, countless skills learned, numerous schemes successfully pulled off, I have yet to create a workable plan to steal one of the reality devices from Rock and Revy's group.'

'And even with my skills, it would be suicide to directly try steal on from them. Besides, I know that not all of them have reality devices, and they alternate who has the reality device, among their sub-groups.'

'So, it is a gamble as to which one has reality device. With it literally depending on the day. And if I pick the wrong person, it is game over. And even if I do get the right one, any of those girls alone would be a handful for me in a fight. Even one on one, the odds of my success are not good. And none of them travel around alone.'

Lee groaned, as he continued his thoughts, in annoyance, 'Damn. Looking at this from an outside point of view, someone might assume I am a creepy stalked interested in these women's bodies. I don't give a damn about their bodies. All I want is one of their reality devices'.

Lee forced himself to calm down, as he went onto think, in a more neutral state of mind, 'I am starting to think, I may have to play this by ear. Or, do I ask for help? Though, the question is, who I can ask? Pedro and his men wisely won't come within literally a mile of those women, unless they needs too. And Sam doesn't know what is going on.'

'And after so many months with him, outside the time loop, if I fess up to him now, I am practically flushing the only good friendship I have had in my entire life.'

Lee looked up, at the brown wooding paneling ceiling, with the ventilation ducts, and the ceiling lights, with fans attached to them, set through the ceiling.

While the fan lights were off, with the windows providing plenty of light for the room. The fans were left turned on, so the fans could circulate the air in the room.

Lee continued to look at the ceiling, as he let out of a deep breath. He thought, 'At this point, I just don't know what to do.'

Suddenly, to Lee's right side, he heard the entrance door the bar open.

Lee thought, 'I hope that is Sam. I could really use his company, right now.' He then turned towards the entrance. And while he did not show it out the outside, he was surprised at him he saw.

The person was Bob, in his later twenties, in his badass cowboy outfit, brown long coat, and cowboy hat. Given he was in the process of growing his bushy beard, and he wore a satchel over his left shoulder, that sat against his right hip, Bob was from the time when he was searching for a cure for Boris' cancer, in book three of Badasses Of the Multiverse.

Lee quickly looked back down at his beer.

Bob calmly walked up to the bar counter, and he sat down in a stool, right beside Lee, to Lee's left.

Lee did not dare look in Bob's direction, nor into the mirror. Still, Lee felt both surprise, and wonder, as he thought, 'And I thought the time loop was screwy. I am literally sitting beside someone that was created from my very imagination. That is mind blowing. I would be tempted to talk to him, if I didn't know that it would likely create a paradox.'

'Still, with Revy and the others here, it is not surprising that Bob would show up, at this point in his life. I wrote with broad strokes, as I had him travel the multiverse. So, why not ironically sit down beside his creator. Without him realizing whom I am. It is tempting to think about that from a religious standpoint, but I am not that arrogant.'

'Also, on a side note, I am regretting making it so hard to find a cure for cancer in my stories, because I am now in the same boat, and my own actions have limited my options. Talk about biting oneself in the ass. I think Bob, and even Boris, or now B, would find my situation funny.'

'Still, Bob likes to keep to himself, when his travels alone. So, this should not be a problem. He will come in, have a beer, pay for it, exit the bar, find an alleyway, and leave this reality. So, this should not be a problem. I just got to wait out the situation. And if there is a problem, I will handle things for him. With me playing the charitable stranger. I will even pay for his beer, if I have too.'

Bob pulled out a small bar of gold, and placed it on the table of the bar counter. He then spoke, with a firm tone of voiced, in english, “Bartender, a cold bottle of beer, please.”

From the corner of Lee's left eye, he saw the bartender looked up at the man. She set down her white rag, and bottle, back where they went. She then quietly looked over at Bob.

The bartender remained quiet for a few seconds. She then walked over to Bob, and she looked down at the gold bar.

She picked up the bar, and studied the bar for a seconds. After which, she pocketed the gold bar, as she leaned down, and pulled out a cold bottle of beer for Bob, from a nearby fridge.

As she placed the cold bottle of beer in front of Bob, Lee saw, from the corner of his left eye, that it was a high price, very tasty brand of beer, that Lee only sampled a few times, when it was a special occasion.

Lee thought, “I am happy she knows how valuable gold is. Still, she is awfully quiet. I have never seen her this quiet. And this is from a woman, whom I one time watched back talk Revy, a week after the Rats Nest massacre. Though, considering my quietness. I am ironically, not one to talk on such manners.'

'Also, I am glad when I sit at bar counter, I intentionally sit right here. Because, this seat is right in front of the fridge. And it makes the bartender’s job easier for her, when she is dealing with me.

A few seconds later, the three adults heard the bar door open again.

They turned to look at who it was.

Lee remained calm, as he saw a much more sickly, paled skinned, male, Rock, with short black hair, walk into the room. He was dressed in a black business suit, and he was using a cane in his right hand, though he did not really put any weight onto the cane.

Given Lee was in front of both Bob and the bartender, Lee missed Bob and the bartender doing a double-take at looking at this Rock of the past.

Also, given Bob and the bartender were beside each other, they missed seeing the other do a double-take.

All three adults then quickly turned back to what they were doing. Lee and Bob turned, and looked down at their beer bottles. The bartender looked down at the bar counter, as well.

Lee thought, with worry, 'Okay. This is getting bad on several levels. Though, the situation is not that bad, yet. From what I see, Rock is not leaning too heavily on that cane. So, he is not very ill, just yet. And from that, and the way he is dressed, this Rock is from book two timeline, before Rock reunited with Akira, and he met Ranma and Natsuru.'

'And given he is here and not in the U.S., he likely just wants a beer, and he not yet looking to meet with government officials of various realities. This is good for all of us, on so many levels.'

'Also, the only reality travel option Rock had at the time was... Oh crap. That means Rock's crew is in town. Fabiola, Annie, and... Megatron. If Megatron stays in this reality for long, he will search the internet and find my stories. And then I, along with this planet, are royally screwed!'

'I need to calm down. It is not that bad... Yet.”

'Fortunately, I remember what I wrote, and Megatron showed absolutely no hint of knowing about my stories. If he did, this planet would already be an ash heap.'

'My best bet, to keep everything together, is to just make sure nothing goes wrong... Ha! Good luck with that... I need to remember that for Bob, this is before he learned how dangerous paradoxes are. But, he should already be genre savvy enough to realize that this is Rock of the past, and he should keep his mouth shut.'

'The bartender does not know a damn thing, and she likes me, so I can probably keep it all together. And if there is a conversation, I just need to keep steering it in sane, constructive directions.'

A few seconds later, Past Rock up to the bar counter, and he sat down in a stool, beside Lee, to Lee's right side.

Rock set his cane beside him, to his right side. He then pulled out five dollar bill in U.S. currency, and he set it on the bar counter in front of him. He looked over, towards the bartender, as he requested, in english, “A shot of rum, please.”

The bartender looked over at Rock. She quietly pulled out a small glass, and a bottle of rum. She then set the bottle and the glass beside Rock. Next, she pocketed the five dollar bill, and headed for the cash register, at the back of the room, to ring up her sale.

Lee thought, 'Now, here comes the fun parts.'

Rock pour himself a shot of rum, as Bob opened his bottle of beer.

The three men then quietly drank their alcoholic beverages for the next couple of minutes, in silence. All four adults in the room were silent, as they all deeply thought on the matters they faced in their lives.

Lee then mentally realized, 'If these two men beside me get to introspective, they might spill the beans and create a reality breaking paradox. So, I guess I am going to have to get the ball rolling.'

Lee continued to look down at his nearly finished bottle of beer, as he quietly commented, “So, let me guess. Problems with women?”

The other two men looked down at their drinks.

Bob said, in in a halfhearted tone of voice, in english, “You have no idea.”

Rock stated, in a tired tone of voice, in english, “That things I could tell you.”

Lee thought, 'On the contrary. I likely know more about your situations, than you do. Still, let us keep this conversation moving.' He inquired, “So, are we talking women in general? Or, a specific woman? I can sympathize either way.”

Bob answered, “Just three women. Well four, but that one is not around.”

Rock replied, “Four women. You have the same number of problematic women as I do.”

Lee asked, “So, what do these women looked like?”

Bob answered, “Well their leader is the worst. A very violent, redheaded asian chick.”

Rock chuckled, as he said, “Sounds like my girlfriend.”

Lee heard Revy's voice outside, and she sounded like she was talking to herself.

Lee turned around, behind the other two men, and he saw from the windows to the far left, front corner of the building, two Revys talking to each other, from across the the street. One was dressed as usual, the other was in a red leather outfit.

Lee thought, 'Oh crap. Both of these two past Revys are right outside. And even if they have not found these two. They will likely plan to come to their bar, and have a drink.'

Lee continued to look at the two women, and he noticed, as he thought, 'Though, they haven't looked into the bar windows yet. There is still time to avert a catastrophe.'

Lee kept his eyes on the women, as he quickly told them, “I think I see a couple of redheaded asians across the street. I suggest hiding behind the bar counter. I will take care of this. Because it looked like they are about to come with way.”

Neither of the men had no time to argue, as Rock grabbed his cane, while he and Bob, both climbed over the bar, to hide.

Lee then saw the two women turned, and walked towards the entrance. Lee thought, 'I hate it went I am right. And I have to play this just right, or we are all screwed to the wall.'

Lee turned around, and looked at the bartender. He requested, “Please, play it cool.”

The woman looked out the windows, and sat the two Revys coming their way. She then turned to Lee, as she replied, “Trust me. After some of the nights I have had, I have no love for them.”

Next, the bartender quickly grabbed Bob's bottle of beer, Rock's glass, and the closed bottle of rum. She tossed the bottle in the trash, until the counter, put the bottle up, and carried the glass over to the sink, under the bar counter.

Though, she was careful to walk around where Bob and Rock were hiding. The two men were quietly sitting on the floor, with their back to the bar counter. The two men sat beside each other. With Bob to Rock's left side. Bob was sitting with his back to the fridge, while Rock was sitting with his back to a set of shelves.

Lee went back to looking down at his beer bottle, as the bartender began washing the glass, with both of them pretending as if nothing had happened.

Several seconds later, Lee and the bartender heard the door open, with the two Revys came walking inside. Lee and the bartender then heard the door shut.

Lee and the bartender casually turned, and looked towards the two redheaded women.

One Revy was wearing her usual clothing, while the other Revy was wearing a red leather outfit, with her jacket unzipped to show a white t-shirt underneath.

Lee and the bartender could see that both Revys had their weapons in their shoulder holsters.

Both Revys turned to look at Lee and the bartender.

The Revy in red leather outfit calmly asked, “Have you seen a couple of men we are looking for?”

Lee thought, with annoyance, 'Great. The brainwashed and crazy one is doing the talking... Well, brainwashed anyway. She was always crazy.'

Lee requested, “Please, explain whom these men look like, so we may be better help you.”

As the Revy's did so, from behind the bar, Bob realized he was next to Rock of his past. But, he kept himself calm, realizing he did not want alert Rock.

Back on the other side of the bar counter, the Revy in the red leather stated, “I am after a japanese man, in a black business suit, whom walks with a cane.”

The Revy in her usual clothing said, “I am after a caucasian man, in a cowboy outfit. Have you seen either of them?”

Lee calmly stated, without a hint of fear in his tone of voice, “Yes. I saw both of them a few minutes ago. They just left out the back door. If you leave now, you might be able to catch them.”

The two Revys did not verbally respond. Instead, the Revys started towards the back of the bar.

As they did so, Lee continued to turn in his stool, as he did not take his eyes off of them.

The soon reached the back of the room, with Lee have his back to the front door.

Suddenly, Lee heard the front door open again, as he heard a very familiar voice say from behind him, and the two Revys, from the front of the bar, “Barkeep, I need a drink. The hotel bar is out of rum. So, I came here.”

Lee silently prayed, 'God, I know I am on your shit list. But, please don't let that be who I think it is.'

The two Revys suddenly stopped in their tracks, as they and Lee turned around to see third Revy walked into the bar, whom was in her usual clothing, looking back at them.

The third Revy had her weapon her shoulder holsters. And Lee just instinctively knew this was the present Revy.

Lee sarcastically thought, 'Thank you, God, for the constant reminders that what I think of you is true.” Lee then reigned in his emotions, as he mentally realized, 'We are on the threshold of a multiversal paradox collapse. And there is only one way to defuse the situation. With a simple question.'

Lee turned to the present Revy, whom he knew, as he asked, while faking excitement in his tone of voice, “Revy, why didn't you tell me you had two identical sisters?”

Not wanting to let a stranger know their secrets, all three Revys realized this was their out, and they went it.

The Revy in red leather asked, “Yea... Revy... who is your friend?”

The Revy in the present answered, “Just some fool that lives here. Pay him no mind.”

The Revy after Bob asked, “You won't happened to remember where the people we are after are.”

Revy from the present answered, “I wish. You know my memory isn't that good. I remember where they will be, someday. But, not when you are looking for them. And the rules stated I cannot tell you.”

The Revy in red leather replied, “Yes. I have seen enough sci-fi movies to guess why. Well, girls it looks like we will just have to leave on our own ways.”

The other two Revys nodded in agreement.

Lee thought, 'Given the Revy in red leather, is after the Rock of the far distance past, before the, Those You Meet Along The Way, chapters. And those were really complicated chapters to make. Still, it is likely this Revy so far back in the past that she has not seen a near paradox before. But, she still understands the concept. And she is willing to accept the situation.'

Lee then quickly realized, as he thought, 'Though, that is not the main problem here. Revy from the present will certainly say something about this to Rock and the girls later.'

'If I didn't mention meeting the Revys to the them, likely before Revy does, it will raise suspicious from them, towards me. But, how can I do that without it seemingly awkward on my part? Or, making them suspicious in me in another way?...'

'What a minute. It is certainly ballsy enough to try. The question is can I get the three Revys to do it. Though, they are vain enough to say, yes, to my request.'

Lee looked around the room, at all three Revys, as he requested, “Girls. If I could have one moment of your time.”

The three Revys turned to Lee, as they asked, in annoyed tone of voice, in unison, “What?”

Lee calmly continued with his request, “I just wanted to take a picture of you three together. So, people would believe me when I tell them about you three. I mean, it is a very rare treat when a man gets to meet three identical hot redheaded women at the same time.”

The two past Revy's said, in unison, “Sure.”

Present Revy said, “I don't see a problem with doing so.”

Lee mentally realized, 'Just as I thought. I am appealing to their egos, and they said, yes. Oh the fun I am going to have with this picture.'

Lee turned to the bartender, as he simply requested, “Camera.”

The bartender replied, “Coming right up.” She then rush into the back of the building.

Ten seconds later, the bartender came back with a polaroid camera. Meanwhile, the three Revys walked up close to each other, near the middle of the room.

She walked up to Lee, and handed it to him. She said, “It has plenty of film in it.” She then took a few steps back from Lee.

Lee looked at the polariod camera, as he thought, 'I have not handled one of these types of cameras in over a decade. Talk about old fashioned. Still, it will work.' He looked up at the three Revys, as he requested, “Now, ladies, for symmetry, could the one with in the red leather be in the center, and we will get started.”

The three Revys grouped up, with the Revy in red leather being in the center of the group.

Lee opened up the lens and flash section of the polariod camera. He looked through the eyepiece, as he requested, “Now, smile ladies.”

The three Revy's smiled, as Lee swiftly took eight photos. One for each Revy. One for the bartender. And three for himself.

Lee looked behind him, at the bartender, and then back at the three Revys, as he complimented all four women, “Thanks girls.”

Lee then handed a photo to each of them, and he pocketed four of the other photos. And when he got to the bartender, he also returned her camera to her, and one of the photos.

Revy after the Bob said, “Thanks for the photo.”

The Revy in red leather stated, “See you guys later.”

The two Revys from the past walk from through the front entrance, and down the road.

Lee noticed this, as he thought, 'They must have realized that the trail at gone cold now. Good.'

The bartender swiftly walked around the bar counter, and with her free hand, pulled out a bottle of rum, from under the counter, right beside Bob and Rock, to Rock's right side, on a shelve, by him.

She leaned up, and placed the bottle of rum top of the counter, as she said, “Here is you bottle of rum, Revy. You can have it for free, if you just drink it somewhere else.”

Revy shrugged, as she replied, “Sure.”

Revy walked over to the bar counter, grabbed the neck of the bottle with her left hand. She then left out the front door to the bar. As soon as Lee and the bartender saw Revy leave sight of the front windows, Lee said, “The coast is clear.”

Both men from behind the bar stood up, and walked out from behind it.

As they approached Lee, Bob said, “Thanks.”

Rock complimented, “Not bad. And your timing was good.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.” He thought, “I might as well ask them. And I am guess I am that arrogant to.” Lee requested, “Before you two leave, I would like to take some photos of us together. With us signing our names on the back. I would like to remember the guys that brought such an interesting set of beauties to my eyes.”

Rock said, “No problem.”

Bob replied, “If that is what you want.” He thought, 'That is a small price to pay for saving our butts.'

Lee turned to the bartender, as he requested, “Could you please take four photos of us.”

The barkeep held up her camera, as she answered, “Sure.”

The bartender took a four photos of Rock, Lee, and Bob.

Rock was on the right of the picture. Lee was in the middle. And Bob on the left.

All three were smiling, as Lee held up a two finger victory symbol with his right hand, in front of his chest, with his palm facing outward.

The bartender then pulled out a pen from under the counter, and she handed it to them.

All three men signed their first names on the back of the four copies. With their names right behind their image in the pictures.

After each adult received a picture of the three men, Lee pocketed the picture. Then, from another pocket, Lee pulled out two more photos. He said, “Here.”

Lee then handed Rock and Bob each a photo.

Bob said, “Thanks.” He then pocketed his to new pictures.

Rock commented, “I appreciate this.” He put his two new pictures in one of his pockets.

Meanwhile, the bartender set her pictures of the men, beside the photos of Revy, and the polaroid camera, on the bar counter, to be put up later.

Rock said, “I guess I should leave. Before more trouble comes for my friends, and I.”

Bob stated, “Same here. I feel I have stayed too long, as well.”

Lee and the bartender then watched as Bob and Rock left the bar through the front entrance. Bob turned to Lee's right, after exiting the bar, as Rock turned to Lee's left, after exiting the bar.

Lee thought, 'Now, to get out of here, and back to the hotel, before Revy does. While I am sure Revy took on of the cars her group has. Knowing her, she will likely run a few errands first, and then come back to the hotel. So, I have time. I will just take my time, and beat her there.'

'Still, I did enjoy that photo of use being taken. And the way I did the two finger victory sign in front of my chest was exactly as imagined Guy doing it. When Guy, Akira, Natsuru, Ranma, Birdy, and Futaba, took the photo of them together, with all of them in their male from, in beach wear, on the beach, at the end of the first book of my Badasses Of the Multiverse stories.'

'Though, given how Rock is good friends with Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma, she may have seen those photos before. But, likely only in passing. And she would not remember it. So, it is a small risk.'

Suddenly, the bartender faked a cough to get Lee's attention.

Lee turned to the bartender.

The bartender calmly said, “I don't know what your game is, Lee. I am not sure I want to know. But, I know that you are playing a very dangerous game, and you play it like pro.”

Lee mentally reflected, 'That was not meant as a compliment. Still, I have to ask her a question.' He inquired, “Will that effect our friendship?”

The bartender responded, “No. But, just be careful.”

Lee stated, “I always am. Also, if Sam comes by, please tell that I had to take care of things, and I will meets him later, at the usual time, as the hotel restaurant for dinner.”

The bartender said, “I will.”

Lee replied, “Thanks.”

Lee then turned, and briskly walked out the front door of the bar. He then headed to his car.

Within less than a minute, Lee was on the road, driving to the Devil's Hotel.

(_)

Five minutes later, Lee has parked his car, in the Devil's Hotel parking lot. He then casually walked into the front lobby of the Devil's Hotel.

Lee thought, 'I have to remain calm to begin with. Then, act excited. If I do not, I will not be able to pull this off. Now, to find Rock.'

Lee turned to his left to see that sitting on a set of encircled couches was, clockwise Rock, Violin, Aeryn. The next couch had Natsuru, Akira, and Ranma. The next couch, facing Rock's couch, sat Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton. And on the couch facing Natsuru's couch, was Yurika, Mikoto, and Nodoka.

Revy, nor the Lagoon sisters, were anywhere to be seen.

Lee thought, 'That was simple. And it looked like Revy is not here yet. Now, let's get this over well.'

Lee casually approach the woman. He walked up to where the corner entrance to the couches, between Rock's couch, and Natsuru's couch.

The women turned to look up at Lee, as Violin said, “Hi Lee.”

Lee casually replied,, “Hello ladies.” Lee then turned to Rock, as he asked, while feigning a little bit of excitement in his voice, “Rock, why didn't you tell me that Revy had two identical twin sisters?”

The women all just laughed.

Rock smiled, as she said, “What makes you think that? Revy does not have any sisters that I know of.”

Lee was careful to pick the right pocket, as he pulled out one of his copies of three Revys, while being careful not to pull out the other two. He handed the picture over to to Rock, as he said, “I beg to differ.”

Rock looked at the picture, and her eyes widened in surprised. She then passed the picture over to Violin, whom just let out a laugh.

Violin then passed the picture to Aeryn.

As the women passed the picture around, and Lee inwardly smiled, as he watched most of the women's eyes widen. He thought, 'I will let them keep that copy. I still have the other one.'

Lee explained, “These two walked in to the Rats Nest today. Then, Revy showed up.”

Lee could tell the women were becoming even more surprised.

Lee could tell that Rock was forcing herself to remain calm down, as she hesitantly asked, “Did anyone else show up at the bar before them?”

Lee answered, in a matter of fact tone of voice, “Now, that you mention it. Yea. Two men. First, was this bearded man in a cowboy outfit. The second man was sickly fellow in a black suit, using a cane to walk. Though, they left before the girls arrived.”

Lee noticed that his comment made all the women visibly tense up.

All the women had similar trains of thought, as Rock did.

Rock thought, 'Oh lord, Lee just had a multiversal temporal event involving my past self. Bob's past self. And three Revys. Although, he doesn't seem realize it. And we cannot tell him without also having to answer several, much more difficult, questions. That fool has a real knack from getting into these situations.'

Lee calmly inquired, while faking obliviousness, “What is the matter?”

The women immediately calm down, as a number of them quickly said, in unison, “Nothing.”

Lee shrugged, as he replied, “Okay. Keep the photo. And have a nice day.” He mentally added, 'And I still have one to spare.'

Lee then headed turned around, and headed for the elevator bay, to take him to his suite on the third floor.

A few minutes later, when Lee reached the privacy of his suite, he laughed his ass off, while he thought, 'I just pulled off another impossible prank, and I did not even need the time loop to do it. Damn, I am good... And I think I will get some lunch, in a little while. After everything cools down with the girls, downstairs.'

As Lee calmed down, he took his two pictures out of his pockets, and put both photos in a safe place, in his bedroom. So, he would not lose them, nor would they be discovered by the others. He then relaxed on his bed, as he watched some TV.

(_)

Meanwhile, a few minutes after Lee left the lobby, Rock the suddenly remembered something. She looked around, at her friends, as she said, “I will be back later.”

Rock then got up, and she headed for the elevator bay. She took a separate elevator to her the floor where her suite was located.

When she entered her suite, she quickly walked over to her suit case, by the wall, and opened it.

She then unzipped a hidden lining in the suit case top, and pulled out a photo album that she and Revy had.

After a few seconds of paging through the photo album, she found the pictures she was looking for.

There were two photos. Both photos was faded from years of age. The first photo was of the three Revys. But, the second photo was of herself, as a man, Bob, as a man, and Lee.

She took the second picture out of the album. She flipped the photo flipped, and she saw the back had their names on it.

She flipped it back to the picture side, as she thought, 'Damn, it was so long ago, I barely remember it. And I had completely forget about the names, and Lee himself.'

'Still, my gut tells me that Lee's story does not add up. I look like my own sister. My male self looks like me enough, that he should have asked me why my male side used the name, Rock, just as I do. Also, he met my male self once. I am not sure he remembers, because he was drunk at the time.'

'In addition, that victory symbol looks familiar, but I cannot place it. It is not from any series I have seen. I just cannot remember where recall it right now.'

'Though, this all means there is more to Lee than I realized. I will have to watch him more closely.'

'Also, there is no point in asking Revy about these photos. She told me ones, she did not even remember when the photo of the three versions of her, together, was taken. And she had already done that twice. Though, she will likely talk about it today. Still, I doubt I will get much from the conversation.'

'But, for right now. I will just head back downstairs to join my friends. And while we relax, and have fun, as we look for the writer.'

Rock then put the photo back into her album, with the picture facing upwards. Next, she put the album back into her the hidden section of the lining. After which, she zipped up the lining, closed her suit case, and set the suitcase back by the wall, where it had been.

Rock then stood up and headed for the exit to her suite.

A few seconds later, Rock locked and closed the door to her suite behind her.

While she walked down the hallway, towards the elevator bay, and back to her friends in the lobby, she thought, 'I am sure when Revy shows up, she will mention what happened to her at the Rats Nest. The problem is, I doubt she will have any answers to my questions about Lee. And she is to blunt to mention the photo of me, Lee, and Bob too. She would just match into Lee's suite, and demand an answer. And this situation, calls for much more subtlety.'

Rock soon reached elevator bay, and a few minutes later, she rejoined her friends on the couches the front lobby, as they talked about various things. Including, the photo of the three Revys, that Lee has given them.

A little while later, Revy returned to the Devil's hotel. She came into the front lobby, and she her friends, and lover, what happened at the Rats Nest. And while she was a little annoyed that Lee has spilled the beans. She still told them was happened.

And Rock found that she was correct. Revy had nothing to really add on the matter, that Lee had not already informed them of.

(_)

It was one thirty PM in the afternoon in the hotel restaurant, as Lee has finally came down for lunch.

Except for Melvin, Lee was the only one there.

Lee had decided to have lunch at the bar that day. He had a bottle of beer with a club sandwich, along with nachos and cheese.

Lee had already drank most of his bottle of beer, and ate his sandwich, and half of his small plate of nachos and cheese. And he was beginning to get full.

Given the those after him, rarely came to the hotel bar between one to three PM, this was one of the rare times that Lee had allowed himself to relax, and get caught up in his own little world for a long while.

Currently, he was watching the TV, located on the far wall, behind side of the bar, near the back of the room.

Melvin even allowed Lee to select what channel to watch.

Given Revy, Rock and the others in the hotel, Lee felt that he needed to pick a channel that if they caught him watching, they would not suspicious.

So, Lee picked the Travel Channel, which was currently airing a repeat of the show, Bizarre Foods, which was in english.

As Lee set down his bottle on the bar counter, after taking a swallow of beer, he heard a sweet, feminine voice, to his left side, whom Lee did feel like recalling who it was, say, “What are you watching?”

Lee don't bother to look over his left shoulder at the person, as he answered, “I am watching the Travel Channel. They are showing a repeat of Bizarre Foods featuring Thailand. Did you know they eat boiled, and fried, silkworm grubs, there?”

The woman casually answered, “No, I did not. And considering I spent a number of years there, I am mildly surprised that I did not know that.”

The comment caught Lee's attention, as he slowly turned to his left, to looked over at the woman. Lee turned his head slowly, as to not raise in suspicions.

Lee showed no outward expression that would give away he knew who she was, as he looked at the small, petite body of Sawyer, whom was wearing a light pink blouse, red long skirt, with some red tennis shoes.

Sawyer continued, “I use to have a very messy job there. I am happy I am not longer doing that.”

Lee thought, 'Frederica Sawyer, the former cleaner of Roanapur. Calling her previous job, messy, would be an understatement.'

'She maybe only a hundred pounds when wet, but she is a dangerous as any of the other women in her group. Honestly, in some ways she is likely more dangerous than Revy normally is. This woman literally knows the human anatomy inside and out. Revy does not. Sawyer could being the pain, if she really wanted to.'

'Still, is she after my head?... Maybe not. Though, I had her brainwashed, I did do a lot of good things for her. The super-soldier serum she has keeps her healthy and young. I helped her gain a nice set of close friends. I had Lotton treat her like a lady. And I later restored her voice, and fixed her scars.'

'She is now an unquestionable beautiful woman, that gives off no creepy vibes when looking at her, except when she wears her goth clothing. But, that is her choice.'

'Though, she is not wearing goth clothing, right now. And she is actually quite cute. I guess she decided to do something different today.'

'And I honestly didn't pay attention to her just now. That could have been a fatal mistake. But, I am still in the clear. Given even my precognition is not giving me any warning sensations. Though, I guess I need to be on my toes.'

Sawyer commented, “Learn something new every day.”

Lee agreed, “Always nice to broaden one's horizons. Would you like some nachos and cheese? I have only eaten half of it. And I am not very hungry.”

Sawyer gave Lee a genuine smile, as she replied, “Sure.”

Lee handed her his half full plate of nachos and cheese.

Meanwhile, Melvin watched all this, as he thought, 'I wonder how nice Lee would be if he knew who Sawyer really was.'

Sawyer took the plate. She turned to Melvin, as she stated, “Beer please. I will pay you after I eat.”

Melvin replied, “That will be fine.” He then leaned down, and pulled a nice decent, cold bottle of beer from the fridge.

Melvin then handed the bottle of Sawyer.

As Sawyer took the bottle in her left hand, she held the plate of nachos and cheese in her right hand.

Sawyer turned to Lee, as she commented, “By the way. That photo this morning was interesting.”

Lee looked at Sawyer, as he replied, “Yes, it was.”

Sawyer then turned and walked away, and towards a table near the stage, across the room. She sat down in a chair. She open her bottle of beer. And she drank her beer, as she to ate the food that Lee had given her.

Melvin overheard Sawyer comment. He walked towards Lee, from behind the bar counter, as he asked, “What photo?”

Lee turned around to face Melvin. He pulled out another copy of the three Revys. And he handed it to Melvin.

Lee watched as Melvin looked at it, with Melvin's eyes going wide.

Lee held back a laugh.

Melvin forced himself to calm down, as he handed Lee back the photo.

Lee gently took the photo, and he pocketed the picture.

Melvin continued to collect himself, has he thought, 'It is possible that is Revy, from three different timelines, or realities. I doubt that is Revy from multiple realities. Still, I have to ask.' He inquired, “What sick reality would create three versions of that lunatic?”

Lee casually replied, “I guess this one.”

Both men then overheard Sawyer suddenly laugh for a few seconds.

Melvin questioned, “Did she just hear us from all the way over there?”

Lee coyly replied, “That appears to be the case.”

Melvin mentally realized, 'The super-soldier serum. I heard that it enhanced senses, and she was exposed it. I got to watch what I say. I almost let the cat out of the bag.'

Melvin inquired, “Care to tell me the back story on that picture?”

Lee answered, “No. Dealing with one Revy is enough. Three is not something I want to even think about.”

Both men overheard Sawyer laugh again, for a few seconds, from across the room.

Melvin then stated, “I fully understand.”

Lee thought, 'Yes. You do. On other note, I need to go do some laundry.'

Lee pulled out some money, as he said, “This should cover the meal, with a little extra for the tip.”

Melvin picked up the money, as he stated, “Thanks.”

Lee stood up, as he said, “See you later, Melvin.”

Melvin replied, “You to, Lee.”

Lee then turned, and walked out of restaurant.

Melvin then watched as Lee left the room.

Melvin then turned his attention to Sawyer, whom was still sitting across the room, as he thought, 'I wonder how good the hearing is with those whom had the super-soldier serum. Let's test that.' He turned in Sawyer's direction, as he asked, in a soft tone of voice, “Do you want another cold bottle of beer, Sawyer? It is on the house.”

From across the room, Sawyer turned to Melvin. She smirked, as she loudly stated, “Sure.”

Melvin thought, 'That answers my question. And it was worth a bottle of beer to learn.' He then walked pulled out an unopened, cold bottle of beer from under the bar counter, and walked towards Sawyer, to get it to her.

Soon after Sawyer finished her snack, and the first bottle of beer. She then took the unopened bottle of beer with her, as she went to the bar counter, paid Melvin for the first bottle of beer, and left a tip. She then carried free the bottle of beer with her, in her right hand, as she headed out of the room, to find something else to do, to entertain herself.

(_)

Fifteen minutes later, Lee had collected his dirty clothes into his gym bag. He then took the bag of dirty clothes to the laundromat, on the ground floor of the hotel.

Lee had the strap of his gym back slung over his right shoulder, as he entered the laundry mat. When he was inside the room, saw Akira sitting on a bench, against the wall, reading a book, as one of the washers by her was operating.

Also, Lee noticed that except for himself, Akira was the only person in the room.

Lee thought, 'I guess it is her turn to wash hers, Natsuru's, and Ranma's clothing. Also, even though Akira is sharp and savvy, she is also very nice. I don't mind spending time with her. In the time loops, she was one of the few women in Revy's group that I could talk to as a person, without worrying about saying the wrong thing and being hurt. Except for being the writer.'

Akira then looked up and saw Lee. She greeted him, 'Hi Lee. That was a nice photo you did today. Revy came by and confirmed what happened. That must have been a shocking experience for you.”

Lee walked over to Akira, with his gym bag.

Lee turned to Akira, as he joked, “It was easy enough on my eyes, that I should recover.”

Akira giggled. She then said, “Yea. I have to agree with you on that. Revy is nice to look at.”

Lee walked over to an unused washing machine, by the one Akira was using. He unzipped his gym back.

As Lee put his dirty clothing into the machine, he agreed, “Yep. And a tornado is nice to look at, but that doesn't mean you want to get close to it.”

Akira then let out laugh. She then stated, “Exactly. That is what I miss most about you southerners. You are both polite, and have a nice sense of humor.”

Lee said, “Thank you.”

Akira offered, “You're welcome. And you can sit down beside me.”

Lee replied, “I think I will.”

Lee reached down, on the open detergent box, and picked up a scoop of hotel detergent. He put the detergent in machine. He then set the scoop back in the open detergent box, on the floor. After which he close the lid to the machine, set the machine to wash, and turned it on.

Lee thought, 'I am glad the hotel has complimentary washing machines and detergent, that we guests don't have to pay for.' He turned to Akira, as he continued his thoughts, 'Now, I think I will join Akira, for a nice conversation.'

While Lee walked over to the bench, he a thought occurred to him, 'I wonder how much of the culture of the southeastern United States she remembers, from book one. I was kind of broad in my description of her time in Atlanta. While she was in college.'

Lee then sat down on beside Akira, to Akira's left, on the bench. But, as an act of tact, he spaced himself three feet from her.

Lee then turned his head to face Akira, to his right.

Meanwhile, Akira shift her entire body to face Lee. With her left foot on the bench between them, and her right foot on the floor. She placed her book in her lap.

While already knowing the answer, Lee inquired, “So, you have been to the southeastern United States, Akira.”

Akira answered, “Yea. Atlanta to be exact.”

Lee responded, “Interesting. Atlanta is kind of a basket case. The center is not that nice. But, outside the center of downtown is pretty nice.”

Akira replied, “I agree. So, you have been there?”

Lee thought, 'Oh crap. I have said too much. But, then again, I can still pass this off.' He answered, “A couple of times. Have you been by the Coca-Cola museum?”

Akira let out a laugh. She said, “Yes. That was an interesting tour. Have you been by the Georgia Aquarium?”

Lee said, “Sadly. No.”

Akira commented, “You missed out a lot not going there. And I did find some my time in Atlanta to be wonderful, for most part. And your nation had one thing that my homeland of Japan did not.”

Lee inquired, “And that would be?”

Akira answered, “While, my homeland of Japan has stuff like that. The one thing I found that you culture had over my culture was your culture appreciation for guns.”

Lee admitted, “Yes. My people's fascination of firearm borders on religious fervor. So, what got you original interested in guns?” He mentally added, 'I honestly wonder that. I know I made you a Black Lagoon fan. But, I have a feeling the answer was deeper and more distant in you past, than that. And except for being a Black Lagoon fan, I never really did give a reason for your interest in guns. So, I would like that answer to that question.'

Akira stated, “Well, when I was a young child, I saw the original Star Wars films. And well, some people are a Luke fan. Some are a Vader fan. And even some are a Leia fan. But, I was a fan of Han Solo. I even later bought a costume of that character.”

Lee thought, 'Yes. I remember reading that in your Gacha Gacha Secret manga. You did it to impress your love interest at the time, Yurika, whom one of your daughters is named after. And it backfired wildly on you. That was a funny scene, and an epic failure on your part. Still, I admire your attempt.'

Akira continued, “But, given Japanese strict anti-gun laws, I could do nothing about my interest. Though, I could still watch action movies, and anime about gunplay.”

Lee thought, 'So, that is what first drew you to watching the Black Lagoon series. That is interesting.'

Akira went onto say, “Then, soon after I came to America to study, I checked into my interest on firearms, and I found that I could practice with a pistol if I wanted to. And with my green card, and no criminal record, I could even own a shotgun there.”

Lee confirmed, “Yes. You could own a long gun there. Unlike what some people believe, we are very supportive and welcoming of legal immigrates. It is just those that break the law that we don't care for.”

Akira said, “Yes. I can understand that. Also, most of your people were very nice to me. Anyway, when I was not studying, or working, I went to a local gun range, and I learned how to shot skeet. I got so good at it, that the owners allowed me to practice shooting with two pistols at once. I got the idea from an anime.”

Lee thought, 'Yep. From Black Lagoon.'

Akira commented, “Anyway, I got so good that even Revy admires my skill. That is no small feat.”

Lee replied, “Given that she carries those pistols around with her. I guess she knows how to use them.”

Akira commented, “Oh yes. She does. She is expect in several types of firearms. Such as she has a marksmen level, or higher, when it comes to using a rifle.”

Lee said, “I will keep that in mind.” He thought, 'And it is a good reminder. Even though I already knew that.'

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds. Akira then said, “Well, it looks like we are going to be here for a while. Do you want to talk about something?”

Lee thought, 'As long as I avoid the dangerous subject. Such as my taste in fiction, my knowledge of computers, and the internet, along with me being the writer, I should be fine.' He answered, “Sure. Want to talk about the good restaurants in this town?”

Akira complimented, “Now, that is a good topic to have. And there happens to be a few in this town.”

Lee replied, “I know. What are your favorites?”

Akira answered, “Well, there is this nice Italian restaurant downtown. And I swear, I think the people whom run it may have use to be part of the mafia. I would know, I have met a few of them.”

Lee thought, 'Pedro did mention at one of our meetings that this island attracts badasses whom are looking for a quiet life. Also, I think I know which restaurant she is talking about. And they do fix good Italian food. And not just spaghetti. And their wine select is great, at a good price.'

Lee said, “They could be. But, that is not important. What is important is the customers service, and how good the food is.”

Akira agreed, “You got that right. And the people restaurant had both in excess. My family cannot get enough of the place.”

Lee stated, “It is always nice to find a good place to eat.”

Akira inquired, “Yes. So, where do you go to eat?”

Lee thought, 'I will omit the Last Resort, because I meet with Pedro there, were we talk shop, about them. As I don't any of them to start going there. And I really don't have any other regular places, except the Hotel Restaurant and the...' He answered, “Well, either here, at the hotel, or the burger food truck.”

Akira snorted. She replied, “Well, that figures.”

Lee conceded, “Okay. I slept with Eda. But, it was a one night stand. And the reason I go there is they fix good American style burgers and fries. It helps me with my homesickness.” Lee sadly thought, 'Which is true.'

Akira asked, “So, why are you here in the first place, Lee?”

Lee thought, 'I might as well use the cover story, I came up for this question. Or, at least a part of it.' Lee lied, “Long story shot. I had to flee the country over a matter of taxes.”

Akira inquire, “You cheated on your taxes?”

Lee continued his lie, “More like I got cheated, and me left holding the bag. You probably noticed that I am not much of a spender. If I had embezzled money, I would likely be somewhere else, with better clothing, in a warmer climate. Still, I had to flee on a budget. And I ended up here. I am not hurting for money at the moment. But, I am not making any long term plans either.”

Akira replied, “I will keep that in mind.”

Lee thought, 'Yes. You will. And it looks like you believe me. So, you will likely tell the others, and that simple cover story will help prevent your group from finding out I am the writer.'

Lee and Akira then continued their pleasant conversation. Their conversation continued for around an hour and forty five minutes, and it ended after Akira finished with washing, drying, and folding her clothing. Soon after, Lee finished cleaning and drying his clothing. He folded his clothing, put the items in his gym bag, and he took his clothing back to his suite, on the third floor of the hotel.

(_)

A few minutes later, it was around three fifty PM, when Lee came back down to the hotel lobby.

As Lee walked through the lobby, he saw Violin and Aeryn approaching him.

Lee thought, 'I wonder what they want?'

A few seconds later, the couple can to a stop in front of Lee.

Lee asked, “Hello ladies. Is there something I can do for you?”

Violin commented, “Nothing really. And this is not about that photo from earlier?”

Lee inquired, “Okay. Then, what do you want to talk about?”

Aeryn said, “We would like to talk to you about some movies.”

Lee thought, 'This is going to be an interesting conversation to navigate.' He requested, “What do you two want to know?”

Violin asked, “Lee, I was wondering, what new sci-fi movies, in the last few years, have you seen, that are worth watching?”

Lee lied, “Well, as you know, I prefer action movies, but there are two sci-fi movies that might be worth watching. The first the two thousand nine remake of original Star Trek cast, and the sequel.”

Violin replied, “Really?”

Lee answered, “Yes. Good movies. Good music scores. Good scripts. Good casting, and directing, with skilled actors. If you are a sci-fi fan, it is worth a watch. The first movie even shows how Kirk beat the Kobayashi Maru. And yes, he is as much of a ham about it as someone would expect him to be. The sequel is also good. Though, I will not spoil that movie.'

Violin said, “I will have to request those movie for the hotel theater, later. Any the other movie?”

Lee stated, “Tron Legacy. A sequel to the original Tron movie.”

Violin quickly asked, with anxiousness in her voice, “They made another Tron movie?”

Lee calmly said, “Yes. A sequel. It is also pretty good. Start to finish, with a good soundtrack by Daft Punk.” He mentally added, 'I even use the soundtrack to that movie, the original movie, and the animated series, as part of the musical inspirational material when I wrote my stories. For example, I wrote most of the first chase scene in book two while listening to the Tron Uprising track, Lightbike Battle.'

Lee could tell that Violin was becoming visibly excited, as she inquired, “The harder, better, faster, stronger crew?”

Lee replied, “Yep.”

Violin stated, with glee evident in her voice, “Oh god, I cannot wait. I got to see this now. And so do the other girls.”

Lee thought with horror, 'Oh crap, I just set her off into fangirl mode.'

Lee noticed Aeryn simply rolling her eyes, for a few seconds, at her spouses sudden change in mood. She then looked back at Violin.

Lee mentally added, 'I feel for you, Aeryn. Still, I am getting out of the room, before it is too late.'

Lee immediately try to turn and walk away, but Violin quickly gripped him by his left forearm, with her right hand.

The grip was firm, but not painful. Still, given Violin's alien side, her grip was far too strong for Lee to break.

Lee grimly thought, 'Too late. Oh well. At least Violin is nice. And her fan girl most is just energetic, not violent. So, I don't have to much to worry about.'

Violin stated, “You're coming with me, as I tell the girls.”

Violin dragged him off with her, toward the part of the lobby, where Lee saw the other members of Rock, and Revy's group were sitting. Aeryn quietly followed behind.

As Lee was forced to walk with the two women, he thought, 'At least it is a few hours till I meet with same, for dinner, a the hotel restaurant, around six o'clock. So, I have time.'

Lee stated, “I take it that you want to watch the movie, after you talk to them.?”

While continuing to walk, Violin did not look Lee, as she answered, “Yes. And I plan to invite the others to watch, as well.”

Lee thought, with worry, 'That could be a problem.'

(_)

Ten minutes later, Lee, Revy, Rock, Violin, Aeryn, Akira, Natsuru, Ranma, their three daughters, the Lagoon daughters, Lotton, Sawyer, Shenhua, and a few others, were sitting in the hotel theater, waiting for the movie to start.

Fortunately, the theater was empty at the time, so requesting a movie, and having the room to themselves, was not a problem.

The Lagoon sisters and the trio sisters sat in the right half section of the seats.

The other sat in the left half section. Lee was told to sit in the center of the left half section of the seats. The third row, on the third seat in.

And he was surrounded. On the third row, to Lee's left was Violin, then Aeryn. To Lee's right, on the third row, was Revy, and then Rock.

In the second row, in the middle third seat, was Lotton. To Lotton's left was Shenhua, and to Lotton's right was Sawyer.

Behind Lee, in the forth row, in the middle third seat, was Akira. To Akira's left was Ranma, and to Akira's right was Natsuru.

And as they had entered the theater, Lee saw that Revy, and Shenhua, a had their weapons on their person.

Even with his built up experience with the time loop, Lee poker face skills were strained to the maximum of his abilities. And the woman could tell he was nervous.

Lee prayed, in thought, 'Please lord. I know you hate me. But, if they figure out that I am the writer from watching this movie, let me die quick. I know you are planning to send me to Hell, no matter what. But, I think that would be more merciful that what they have in mind to do to me.'

Lee then stopped praying, as he continued his thoughts, 'Still, I am glad this theater was empty we we got here. And I am not sure how Violin convinced the theater projectionist to work on starting this movie so quickly. Even with bribery in the time loops, I has to give advanced notice.'

'Though, I am happy that Violin let me stop by the men's restroom. This is a two hour long movie. And I don't now want to have to risk disturbing any of these women during the movie.'

Violin noticed the sober looked on Lee's face. She turned to him, as she said, “Come on, Lee. It is not going to be that bad.”

Lee continued looking forward at the blank movie scene, as he replied, “I have a feeling that most of you women do not prefer sci-fi movies. And I have seen what some of you women can do, first hand, when you are upset in any way, shape, or form.”

Revy turned to Lee, as she warned, “You got that right, Lee. If this movie is a disappointment, you are going to find out exactly how upset I can be.”

Lee heard Revy's comment, as he thought, 'Okay. That is just salt in the wound.' He turned to Revy, as he said, “Actually Revy, most of the action on the good guys side, of this movie, is done by a woman. And she lives through the movie.”

Revy replied, with interest in her tone of voice, “Really? Then, I think you won't have much to worry about.”

Lee let himself relax a little, after hearing Revy's comment.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed, and the movie started.

Lee thought, 'This may mark down the most insane situation in my life. I am in my home reality, surrounded by fictional characters. Whom are after me, for writing about them, but they do not know it is me they are after. And we watching a movie, about a guy getting sucked into a reality, with a world and characters that were created from his own home reality. And the women are likely about to MST this movie. The surrealism of it all is beyond contemplation.'

'And I just realized something else. Violin was a big sci-fi fan in as both John and Violin. If she has not heard of Tron Legacy. The movie may not exist in any of their realities. Because Violin would seek out such movies from other realities. And I did not mention the Tron Legacy movie, directly. Or, the movie might not have come out in those realities, during the times Violin visited.'

'This movie has been out a few years. But, it has not been that long.'

'Though, this means this situation is going to be more interesting for everyone involved, than I first realized.'

The movie then started the titles, and Kevin Flynn began his speed on, the grid.

Towards the end of the speech, just before the scene cut to Kevin Flynn and young Sam Flynn, in Sam's bedroom, Violin said, “I think Kevin Flynn could understand us.”

Aeryn immediately used her right arm to elbow Violin lightly in the left side of her chest.

Violin turned to Aeryn to see her wife frowning at her. She sheepishly said, “Oh... Right..”

Lee kept his eyes on the screen, as he heard Violin's comment. Lee thought, 'I have a feeling these women are going to talk all through the movie. I just hope they don't spill any secrets in front of me. That could turn this situation very ugly for me. Even if they don't realize I am the writer, by the end of the movie.'

Soon after, the scenes changed to a much older Sam Flynn, getting into a motorcycle chase with a cop, and losing the cop.

Revy commented, “The scene that shows the main character is a rebel.”

Then, the film moved to Sam breaking to the ENCOM building, and hacking into ENCOM's computers.

Rock said, “And the breaking in and hacking shows how intelligent and resourceful he is.”

Then, there was the chase to the roof top. Sam then did base jumped, and parachuted to the street, when his parachute got hung up into a poll. As Sam released his straps, he found himself car surfing, with Sam having a good time doing so.

Ranma said, “And that shows he is a thrill seeking junkie.”

Revy casually stated, “All the traits show that he is a capable adventurer. Now, let's get to the meat of the movie.”

Next, the scene showed Sam getting arrested.

The scene then showed Sam getting arrested, as a police helicopter light is showing down on him, from above.

But, the next scene showed Sam walking out of jail.

Shenhua asked, “Why isn't that man still in jail?”

Aeryn commented, “Because, he probably owns the company. That is clearly the child, all grown up. And he stated as such to the security guard. He just doesn't feel like running it. Which I find is childish of him.”

Violin said, “I think that is the point.”

The scene showed Sam walking around the street to the impound lot. Where is talk to the impound officer.

On scene, Sam said, “Hey Karl.”

On scene, Karl replied, “Hey Sam. How are you doing?”

Revy stated, with surprised, “Sam and the impound officer even know each other by first name?”

Lee could not help himself, as he replied, “That is what you get for repeat business.”

The women erupted in laughter.

As they calmed down, and as the scene show Sam driving onto a dirt road, Lotton explained, “For those of you whom didn't see the first movie. Kevin Flynn ended up owning ENCOM at then end of the first movie. It stands to reason that his son would inherit his father's wealth. Users are humans that are from the real world, for lack of a better term. And programs are the people inside the computers.”

The movie then showed the garage that Sam lived in, as Lotton stated, “Or, at least the control in the company that his father had.”

Then, came the scene of Alan talking to Sam, with Alan giving Sam the keys to Flynn's arcade.

The scene cut to Sam walked into Flynn's arcade.

As Sam turned on the power, the song, Separate Ways, by Journey, began playing.

Revy commented, “Now, that is a meaningful song for the situation.”

Then, as Sam left the room, and headed down into the tunnel he found, the music switched to, Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This, by the Eurythmics.

Revy said, “And that one is meaningful song, as well.”

Soon, they came to the scene where Sam was suddenly transferred to the grid.

Lotton commented, “Well, that was a lot more seamless, than the cubit system in the first movie.”

Violin agreed, “You got that right.”

Then, Sam walked outside, only for him to see a spotlight shine down on him.

Lotton quietly commented, “That is no helicopter spotlight.”

Then, the recognizer, a flying ship, landed behind Sam, and he turned around to face the programs in armor that were a few feet from him.

The programs then arrested Sam, and he was taken up into the air, bye the recognizer.

Then, there was the scene of Sam being flew over the cityscape of the grid, and he was enjoying the view, with a wonderful piece of music playing during that scene.

Violin stated, “Now, that is how one does a panning shot of a cityscape. And the music does a very good job of setting the mood.”

Lee thought, 'I am glad you think so, Violin.'

After Sam landed, the programs selected Sam and others for the games.

Revy asked, “What is so bad about games?”

Lee answered, “They are gladiatorial games. As in those whom are made to fight, keep fighting until they are killed. Or, in this case, derezzed.”

Revy replied, “Oh.”

Sam was then taken to get suited up, and an identity disc.

Then game the fight scenes, without the clear boxes.

During the fight scene, as Sam used his identity disc to cut into the floor, Lee overheard Sawyer say, “I wish my chainsaw cut as well as his disc.”

The scene also show a masked man, sitting down, in a room, nearby, watching the games.

Next, Sam faced Rinzler in the large clear box, with Rinzler was wielding two identity discs.

Akira sarcastically commented, “Is it me? Or, does it seem everyone is dual wielding nowadays?”

The other women laugh at Akira's joke, for a few seconds.

Lee stated quiet, as he used his left hand to brush against his lower, left jacket pocket, where he kept his cardboard box of playing cards.

From the corner of his eye, Lee could see that across the room, from the light of the screen, that the eight teenage girls were being just as rowdy as the group he was in the middle of.

Lee then turned his attention back towards the movie screen.

Soon, Sam was defeated and brought to Clu.

As Clu showed his face, Ranma asked, “Is that Sam's father.”

Akira stated, “No. That is not Flynn. The face is to... clean.”

Lotton said, “Uncanny valley.”

Akira replied, “Exactly.”

The Clu scene Sam to the games, in the coliseum field.

And Sam was handed a stick for a lightcycle, by Jarvis, and Sam mistook the stick for a lightsaber.

On screen, Sam held the stick like it was a lightsaber, as he asked, “What's this? What do I do with this?

On screen, Jarvis sarcastically joked, “I'll give you a hint. Not that.”

All the women in the room erupted with laughter, for a few seconds.

Even Lee could not help but join in a chuckle a little at the scene. Even though he had seen the movie a few times.

Then, came the lightcycle battle, with the light walls.

In the end, Sam was the only one left alive, and without a lightcycle.

Then the four wheel vehicle literally drove into the arena.

Revy commented, “That is one way to make an entrance.”

The vehicle then picked up Sam, and the mask driver then escaped, using missiles two to blow a hole into the stadium all.

Natsuru complimented, “Now, that is how one makes an exit.”

The driver had her vehicle jumped off a cliff. In mid-flight, before landing, the driver converts the vehicle to four wheel drive mode.

Shenhua commented, “What is with americans, and four wheel drive mode vehicles?”

Lee was the first to answer, as he stated, “We like to be prepared to go anywhere, at any time.”

Violin, Revy, Sawyer giggled at Lee's answer.

The next scene show Quorra collapsing her helmet, showing her face, and introducing herself.

Revy inquired, “So, that is the female lead on the good guys side?”

Lee looked over at Revy, as he answered, “Yep. She is the driver of the group. And she is one hell of a driver. But, she is also a far better pilot. You'll see.”

Lee saw Revy shrug. He then turned back to watch the movie.

Soon after there was the touching union between Flynn and Sam.

Violin commented, “Nice reunion.”

Next, Quorra show Sam the book collection that Flynn had, and that she has read. She then told Sam that her favorite author was Jules Verne.

Natsuru commented, “Is it possible for a character to become a fangirl towards the real world?”

Violin stated, “That would be an interesting flip. Usually, it is the people of the real world that become fans of the characters. Not the other way around.”

Akira said, with glee, “I am liking this girl already.”

Then, came the scene were Sam took off in Flynn's white lightcycle.

Sam was met by Siren.

Siren took Sam to Castor's nightclub, The End of Line Club.

As they walked into the night club, Violin noticed the DJ's they passed by. She asked, “Lee, is that Daft Punk.”

Lee continued to watched the movie, as he replied, “Yep. They is their cameo in the movie.”

Violin commented, “The scary part is they look like they belong on the grid.”

Lee replied, “Perhaps.”

Lee mentally wondered, 'Wait a minute... What if they really are Daft Punk? They were first inside the Tron Legacy movie realities, they later traveled to this reality, to place themselves in the Tron Legacy movie. And they really are reality travelers?... French reality travelers.'

'In fiction, it is not unheard of for aliens, time travelers, and reality travelers, to pass off their personality oddities by claiming to be french... It would explain so much about them. I mean, they never show their faces in public. They only show their helmets. Always their helmets.'

'Also, there music is very unique and diverse. Each album is different from each other. And the Interstella 5555 musical film animation had an interesting plot of an alien rescuing other aliens from people on Earth.'

'And during the rare times they do take their helmets off, those could be hired stand-ins.'

'Oh my, it is probably true.'

'Still, I got to calm down, before the others notice me.'

Lee forced himself to calm down, as turned his attention back to the movie screen.

Lee, along with the women, then saw Castor make his entrance. And what an entrance.

Aeryn stated, “My, he is hammier than you, honey.”

Violin agreed, “I know. He could give Captain Kirk lessons on being a ham.”

Rock, Akira, Natsuru, Lotton, and even Lee lightly laughed at Violin's comment.

Violin added, “The ham is strong with this one.”

Lee forced himself not to tense up at Violin's comment, as he did not react anyway to what Violin had said.

Lee thought, 'Given in Book Two, Chapter Seven, I had you think that line, as John, when thinking towards Chang of the past. And if I had reacted any way to your comment, I would have likely given myself away as the writer. Still, I think that was a very funny line.'

Then, came the bar fight at the nightclub.

Revy complimented, “Quorra, does know how to fight.”

The Flynn stepped onto the scene.

Rock stated, “Now, that is how you make an entrance.”

Then, there was the escape, and the solar sailer.

Violin commented, “That solar sailer looks a lot cooler than than it did in the original movie.”

Eventually, they came to the scene where Clu was amassing his army. And the movie answered where he is getting his army from.

Rock thought, 'So, Clu is kidnapping, and brainwashing programs, to be turned into soldiers. Did Chang get his idea from this movie? Or, did the writer come up with that idea by watching this movie? I have not heard of this movie in my home reality. But, then, this movie might not have come out there, yet. Though, brainwashing people to become servants and soldiers is an old idea, so it could be consequence.'

On screen, came Quorra's capture, and Clu big speech.

Violin commented, “So, Clu's master plan is to invade the real world, and take it over.” Lee then heard Violin said, under her breath, “That is little to close to home.”

Lee thought, 'You and me both.'

Then, came the scene came Sam's rescue of Quorra and Flynn's disc. As this happened, the scene cut to Flynn steal a lightjet in a very funny way, which caused the entire audience, including Lee, to lightly laugh.

The scene then went back to Sam and Quorra.

Soon after, came the lightjet battle.

Violin commented, “The lightcycle battle was cool, but this is better. Lightwalls on a three dimensional format is so much cooler.”

Revy said, “Yea. Quorra is one hell of a pilot.”

Then came the end of the lightjet battle, where Rinzler's identity was revealed.

Lotton said, “So, Tron was Rinzler.”

Lee thought, 'Or Beck is, from the Tron Uprising animated series. Though, that depends on whom you ask.'

Then, came the bittersweet, but uplifting ending.

As the credits started, with the music taking a more upbeat tempo, everyone began to get up from their seats.

Revy turned to Lee, as she said, “I liked the movie, Lee. And you were right about Quorra.”

While Rock stood, she leaned to the side of Revy, so Lee could see her, as she stated, “Lee, I found the movie engrossing. And well worth my time.”

Lee turned his head towards Rock and Revy. He then nodded once, an acknowledgment towards Rock and Revy, so they knew he had heard both of them.

Next, Lee looked around, and he saw that from the faces of the women, they had all enjoyed the movie.

Lee thought, with relief, 'Looks like I dodged another bullet.'

Revy then exited the third row, after Rock moved out of the way.

Violin said, “Lee.” Lee turned to face her, as she continued, “Thanks for recommending the movie.”

Lee replied, “You're welcome.”

Violin inquired, “Any other movies you would like to recommend?”

Lee turned to Violin. He shrugged, as he replied, “Not today.” He thought, 'My first mistake was recommending any movie to ya'll in the first place.'

Violin giggled. She then replied, “I fully understand.”

Lee looked at his wrist watch. He saw that it was five fifty-five PM. He turned to Violin, as he commented, “Besides, I have to meet Sam, right now, for dinner.”

Lee then saw Aeryn turned towards Violin. She lightly placed her right hand on Violin's left shoulder, to get her spouse attention. As Violin turned to look at her wife, Aeryn stated, “Lee has the right idea. Let us get some dinner.”

As Aeryn and Violin exited the third row, in the forth row, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma overheard the conversation. Akira looked over at Lee, as she said, “Lee.”

Lee turned to face Akira.

Akira inquired, “Though, I am not one to judge, but you and Sam seem together, all the time. Are you two dating? I mean, except for that one time with Eda, you have not shown any real romantic interest in any of us. And we are hot women.”

Lee calmly responded, “Sam and I are not dating. Still...” He then motioned with his right hand for Akira to step close to him. Akira did so, and Lee lean down to Akira's head, as he whispered into her right ear, “It is just that I find sanity to be attractive in women.”

As Lee leaned back up, Akira burst out laughing.

Natsuru inquired, “What is it, Akira?”

Ranma requested, “Yea. Don't keep us in suspense.”

Akira laughter became a light giggle, as she said, “I will tell you guys, later.”

A minute later, Lee got in line with the women women, and he soon made it through way through the door as well.

Lee then headed for the hotel restaurant, as did a number of the women. But, not all of them.

(_)

While the theater crowd let out, the eight teenage girls stayed behind, as they talked.

Sarah mentioned, “Did anyone else notice that Lee barely laughed at all?”

Molly replied, “I did.”

Kristina commented, “But, Violin stated that he was the one that made the recommendation. He has probably seen that move at least a dozen times.”

Nodoka stated, “I could see him doing that.”

Yurika agreed, “Yes. It is a good movie.”

Yukio commented, “It is possible he was intimidated by being surrounded by our parents and friends.”

Rebecca responded, “Possible. He could have been scared of us.”

Mikoto questioned, “What sane man isn't scared of our little group?”

Rebecca conceded, “Point taken.”

Molly said, “Well, it really don't matter either way. Let's go get something to eat. Any ideas?”

Kristina suggested, “Pizza.”

Molly saw Sarah and Yukio shrugged. Rebecca and Nodoka nodded. Mikoto rolled her eyes, meaning she really didn't want to go, but she would eat there.

Mikoto then looked back at the group.

Rebecca noticed the reactions of her sisters, and friends. She stated, “Works for me.”

Molly said, “The, pizza it is. We will go to the pizza joint we like to eat at. They have a good buffet that is reasonably priced.”

Kristina commented, “That works for me. And I will drive.” She then pulled out the keys to her car,

A moment later, Yurika also pulled out the keys to her car, as she stated, “I will drive, as well.”

The eight teenage women then headed out of the theater, and towards the hotel parking lot, to get into their cars.

A few minutes later, they reached their cars. There were four teenager in each car, with them head to a local pizza place they like.

(_)

A few minutes later, Lee walked into the hotel restaurant, and he saw Sam sitting at their corner table, in the front right corner of the room. And given that the table was empty, Lee could see that Sam had not even ordered his drink yet.

As Lee approached Sam, the bearded man, with a ponytail, turned, and saw Lee.

Sam said, “Hi Lee.”

While walking towards Sam, Lee replied, “Hi Sam.”

A few seconds later, Lee reach the corner table. He walked around the table, to his left side. With him sitting down in a chair, by Sam, to Sam's right side, with his back to the corner.

This allowed Lee to see around the room.

Both men turned to look at each other.

Sam was the first to speak, as he asked, “So, how was your day, Lee?”

Lee coyly answered, “Busy. You?”

Sam stated, in a slightly depressed tone of voice, “I found out my girlfriend plans to move here. To the island. She liked her visit to this town, and she decided she wanted to stay. And I spent the afternoon trying to talk her out of doing so.”

Lee said, “Then, I look forward to meeting her.”

Sam retorted, “No, you won't.”

Lee guessed, “Is she a real hell raiser?”

Sam replied, “That would be an understatement. She can be as bad as Revy.”

Lee raised an eyebrow, as he inquired, “Then, why are you with her?”

Sam stated, “That sex is awesome, and she is great to be with, when she is not on a rampage. And she rarely goes on a rampage.”

Lee shrugged, as he said, “Well, I will take your word on that.”

The two men then had a more casual conversation. With a waitress soon coming by to take their orders.

Several minutes later, they had their drinks and their meals, as they ate dinner together.

Though, both men did notice that the other man had avoided telling the other what they had been doing that day.

Still, they were having so much fun talking to each other, that they did not care.

And around six fifty PM, Lee excused himself, for around half an hour, so he could head out. As he secretly headed to the Last Resort Diner, to have his daily meeting with Police Chief Pedro Del Soto.

(_)

Lee drove to the Last Resort Diner, to meet with Pedro, with him arriving at the diner at Seven PM.

After walking into the restaurant, Lee saw Pedro sitting at their usual corner booth, to his right side. But, Lee noticed that Pedro was sitting with his back to the wall, looking towards the entrance to the restaurant.

Lee also noticed that besides the two waitresses and the cook, there were a few customers in the room, as well. Though, they were mostly on the left side of the restaurant. And none of the customers were near where Pedro was sitting.

Lee saw that Pedro noticed him, by the mexican police chief turned towards Lee, and nodding once in his direction.

As Lee walked towards him, he thought, 'The one problem with us both being so genre savvy, is with don't like to have our backs to the entrance. So, we take turns. Also, I see the customers in the diner right now, are regulars. They know who Pedro is, and they knew to avoid him, and to keep their mouths shut about anything we talk about here.'

Pedro waited for Lee to sit down the booth, across the table from him, before he spoke.

As Lee seated himself, Pedro inquired, in english, “How was your day?”

Lee answered, “You are not going to believe the day I have had. But, before I tell you about the day I had, how was yours?”

Pedro casually replied, “Just another day at the office.”

Lee thought, 'I think I will omit my run in with Sawyer at lunch, and my conversation with Akira, at the laundry mat. The rest is too juicy not to talk about.'

Lee explained, “Well, it all began late this morning. I was in the Rats Nest waiting for Sam, when two men came into the bar. About a minute apart. And I am not kidding when I saw this. The first man was Bob, from book three, during his time looking for Boris' cure. And the next one is Rock, from book two, between the events of book one and two, before he reunited with Akira. He is using the cane, but not much. Also, Bob clearly knew to keep his mouth shut.”

Pedro stated, “But, then one of the Revys looking for them showed up?”

Lee stated, “Actually, both of them showed up at the same time. It looks like they met each across the street from the bar. Revy in red leather, and Revy in her usual outfit.”

“Fortunately, when I saw them coming towards us, I am able to get Bob and Rock to dive behind the counter, and the bartender was cool with backing me up.”

Pedro commented, “Yes. She is quick on the uptake.”

Lee responded, “I agree. And we lucked out. I got those two men out of side, before the two redheads saw them through the windows of the bar.”

Pedro replied, “Good. What happened next?”

Lee inquired, “The two Revys walk in, and I just convinced them that both their targets had left through the backdoor, when guess who walked through the front door?

Pedro answered, “Our Revy.”

Lee said, “Exactly. Our present Revy came in for a bottle of rum. And here I was. Facing a completely FUBAR paradox. And how do I get out of this jam? Which a single question, directed at present Revy. That question be, Revy, why didn't you tell me you had two identical sisters?”

Pedro began laughing.

Lee went onto say, “Anyway, considering all three Revys want to keep their secret, they went with my question. But, I was in another jam. We both know Revy has a big mouth went is comes to stroking her ego. And she would tell Rock about her meeting herself, eventually. And that I was there. The other women would find it suspicious, if I did not mention the meeting to them, first.”

By then, Pedro has calmed down, as he asked, “How did you handle that?”

Lee smirked, as he stated, “I used her own ego against her. And I convinced them to let me take pictures of the three of them together. Fortunately, the bartender has an old polariod camera with her. Afterward, as each of them had a photo, the two past Revys left through the backdoor, and present Revy left through the front door, after the bartender gave Revy a Revy a bottle of rum for free.”

Lee thought, 'I think I will omit the photos I had taken of me, Rock, and Bob. Pedro would probably be upset with me about that.'

Pedro commented, “That bartender knows when to cut her losses.”

Lee said, “Yes. She does. After the three Revys left, I informed Bob and Rock, that all is clear, and they leave. Then, I immediately took my car back to the Devil's Hotel, to tell the girls. Because, if Revy would likely tell her friends what happened. And if I did not tell them first, and control the situation, they might wonder more about me. With them beginning to take a closer look at me.”

Pedro questioned, True. How do you handle that?”

Lee stated, “I show the women the picture, as innocently asked why they did not tell me that Revy had two sisters. And I could see the discomfort they had on their faces, as they could not tell me the trust. Then, I told them, they could keep the photo. Next, I hurry to my suite, and in the privacy of my suite, I laughed my ass off.”

Pedro requested, “I bet. So, do you still have one of these pictures?”

Lee answered, “Yes. But, not on me. And so does the bartender. You can ask her to show you her copy, after I leave town.”

Pedro stated, “Okay. I can wait. So, what happened next?”

Lee said, “Later that afternoon, I was approached by Aeryn and Violin. And I got into a conversation with them. They wanted to know if I knew of any new sci-fi movies that were worth watching, that had coming out in the last few years.”

Pedro commented, “Now, that is a dangerous subject.”

Lee agreed, “I know. But, I had to give them something. So, I listed a few movies. And when I mentioned the Tron Legacy movie, I accidentally triggered Violin's fangirl mode.”

Pedro smirked, “That must have been an interesting experience.”

Lee replied, with sarcasm in his tone of voice, “Yea.” Lee then continued, in a more serious tone of voice, “That nearly got me caught, because Violin decided she wanted to watched that movie, right then, and there, in the hotel theater. And she not only wanted to watch is with Aeryn, and I. She convinced her friends to join us. The entire gang came into the theater. Including the teenagers. And we went got to the theater, we were the only ones in there. The teenagers are in the right side of the seats. And I am stuck literally in the middle of the adults, on the left side of the seats.”

“I then spent the next two hours, surrounded by them, as I had a front row seat to them MTSing the Tron Legacy movie. The interesting part is, they did a good job MSTing that movie. And it is a good move.”

Pedro inquired, “Yes. It is a good move. So, do you mean, Mystery Science Theater, MSTing?”

Lee replied, “Yep.

Pedro let out a laugh. He then said, “Damn. That is old school.”

Lee commented, “Yea. It is. And I was right there in the middle of things.”

Pedro accused, “Like usual. And it is not like you didn't thrown in a comment, or two, as well.”

Lee admitted, “Okay. I did thrown in a my two cents, now and again. Still, I am just damn lucky that they liked the movie, or we would likely not be talking right now. When the movie was done, I met up with Sam, to have some dinner. And here I am.”

Pedro commented, “Well, of all the movies to be forced to watch with the them. It had to be that one.” He then started chuckling.

Lee replied, “Yes. I know. Also, it seems that none of them had seen that movies before.”

Pedro stopped chuckling. He then sarcastically stated, “Oh that is just create. Like they are not dangerous enough. Let's give them more ideas.”

Lee flatly said, “Yes. I get it.”

Pedro requested, “Good. No more movie recommendations for them, from you.”

Lee stated, “I will try not too.”

Pedro thought, 'I guess I will have to settle for that.'

Pedro replied, “Okay.”

Lee commented, “Though, in some ways, we are the what if to that movie.”

Pedro asked, “What do you mean?”

Lee stated, “Thought, we are not facing a military invasion, like in that movie. We are pretty much users, and they are the programs that have found a way into our world.”

Pedro commented, “Then, let's just hope they are visiting, and they will follow your ass out of this reality, when you finally find a way to escape this reality.”

Lee replied, “Agreed.”

Pedro inquired, “Any luck on that?”

Lee admitted, “Nope.”

Pedro complimented, “Well, you are definitely clever enough. I just guess the opportunity has yet to present itself.”

Lee inquired, “Exactly. So Pedro, what do you do, when you are not busy?”

Lee thought, 'While, I already know the answer, from talking to Pedro in the time loops. It is best that I just ask the question and get it out of the way. So, if I mention that I know what he does on his off hours, it will not raise any suspicions with me.'

Pedro thought, 'It is interesting, that Lee not longer calls me Chief Del Soto, and instead he calls me Pedro. Not that I am going to say anything about it. There is to much on the line to wreck the partnership. Besides, that is a question for a later date. Now, to answer his current question. Which, while is a personal question. It is no secret I do on my off time.'

Pedro answered, “Well, on my off time, I have my friends over to my home, in the evening, and we have some beers, as we watch some of my video collection. Anything from Black Lagoon, to the Star Wars movies.”

Lee said, with envy evident in his tone of voice, “That is nice. What else?”

Pedro stated, “I practice my firearm skills, and spar, on gym mats, with a few other my officers. To be far, they sometimes beat me. And if they do so, in a fair, honorable way, I give them a day off, with pay, later that week.”

Lee complimented, “Now, that is the type of leadership I admire.”

Pedro replied, “Thank you. Anyway, I even sometimes go to the older gunsmith I know, and we chat about things. The guy is a real gun-nut. But, he is a first rate gunsmith, whom works on the force's weapons, and he does a great job in doing so.”

“He is also a crack shot with just about any firearm you can name. And I let him keep his firearm collection, and have a small firearm business on the side, because I have the feeling that I might someday need more backup than my force can handle.”

Pedro mentally added, 'And I keep a few players hidden in town, just for that occasional. And with those women here, I feel my concerns are definitely warranted.'

Lee thought, 'That I did not know. I want to know more about this gunsmith.' He asked, “No arguments there. And it is nice to be prepared. So, what is this guy's name?”

Pedro said, “I only know this guy's first name. Which is, Burt. Still, he is great guy, and I helped teach him spanish, when he first showed up, five years ago.”

Lee thought, 'That is around the same time that Melvin stated when he came here. Wait a minute... Burt?... Could he be?...' He inquired, “This Burt, is he a caucasian american, gray hair, claims to be from Nevada, and he sometimes wears a white, Atlanta Hawks baseball cap?”

Pedro questioned, “Yes. How did you know?”

Lee casually commented, “That is Burt Gummer, from the Tremors movies.”

Pedro replied, in a skeptical tone of voice, “Nah. He could not be.”

Lee stated, “He is. Remember, in my stories, he retrieved a reality device. He then eventually wound up in Roanapur, in the past, because the respected gunsmith for both Hotel Moscow, and Triad. Remember, he even made Akira's and Bob's custom six round, three fifty seven magnum, double-action, top-break, Peacemaker revolvers.”

“And Burt has enough sense to know when to leave a place before things go to hell. He just probably ended up here, liked the town, and stayed.”

Pedro just look down at the table, as he quietly asked, “How many reality travelers do I know, that I don't know are reality travelers?”

Lee stated, “Likely too many to be healthy.”

Pedro continued to look at the table, as he softly commented, “Sometimes I think one, is one too many.”

Lee said, in a calm tone of voice, “I disagree. There are some really nice reality travelers in this town.”

Pedro looked up at Lee, as he realized, while he inquired, “You know other reality traveler, besides the girls, in this town, and you didn't tell me?”

Lee admitted, “Yes. Because I have their trust. Think about it. If I betrayed their trust, you could not trust me.”

Pedro conceded, “You have a point there.”

Lee stated, “Anyway. The one reality traveler I know of is on the run from Hotel Moscow.”

Pedro winched, a he replied, “Ouch.”

Lee said, “I know.”

Pedro thought about Lee's clue for a few seconds. He then guessed, “It's Melvin? Isn't it?”

Lee inquired, “How did you know?”

Pedro answered, “He always had problems watching the scenes where Hotel Moscow members got hurt. Now, I understand why.”

Lee commented, “That makes sense... So, you showed him the Black Lagoon series?”

Pedro stated, “Yes. He has been my friend for the last five years. I helped him get that job as the hotel bartender. Now, I know where he came from.”

Lee said, “I take it that you are not going to tell him that you know about him.”

Pedro shook his head once. He then stated, “Nah. If Hotel Moscow comes after him, there is nothing I can do to protect him. And telling him would only cause him more pressure.”

Lee complimented, “That is kind of you.” He thought, 'You likely feel the same way towards me. You will only provide help, when your ass, and those of your men, are not directly in line of fire. Though, given who were are facing. I am not going to hold that against you.'

Pedro replied, “Thank you.”

Lee commented, “And look on the bright side, in dealing with Burt. You likely have one of the best gunsmiths in the multiverse working for you.”

Pedro stated, “You got that right. Speaking of Burt. I don't remember it being stated in the Tremors' franchise that Burt is a gunsmith.”

Lee pointed out, “Think about it. At the beginning of the first Tremors movie, Burt, and his wife, Heather, were preparing for world war three. If the civilization collapsed, a person will need those skills to be able to do such things on their own.”

“As such, he is already shown to be both a master survivalist, and an explosives expert. He also is an expert in all thing dealing with firearms. And his gun safety skills are top notch. Also, considering he is an expert in just about every other skill dealing with firearms, that it would make absolute sense that he not only knows how to built, customize, and repair firearms, but he is an expert at such skills.”

Pedro smiled at Lee, as he agreed, “I guess you are right. That does make sense. And so Burt Gummer is the Hattori Hanzo of firearms. Cool.”

Lee returned his friend's smile, as he stated, “Yes. That is cool. Also, that is a high, and worthy, compliment of Burt's skills.”

Pedro cracked a grin, as he said, “I know.”

The two men then continued their conversation for a few more minutes, before Lee and Pedro got up, pays their bills, left a tip, and parts ways.

Lee then drove back to the Devil's Hotel, so he could rejoin Sam, to watch karaoke back in the hotel restaurant.

A few hours later, Lee and Sam called it a night, and they headed to their hotel rooms to get some sleep.

To be continued.

up
40 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Badass Lee starts anew

Well, this is a great start to after the time loop. It is a good thing that Lee has all those badass skills, because if he has any more days like this one, he is definitely going to need them. 3 Revys, WOW. The multiverse is really starting to intrude on the safe little corner of the world Lee picked. Maybe now we will get to know who Sam's girlfriend is, any bets she is another badass woman we all know? Great story, I love it.
EZChief