Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 5: Volume 1: Chapter 12

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse Book 5: “The Gambling Man.”

Volume 1: “De La Plata Podrido.”

Chapter 12: “Black Jade And The Rotten Silver.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

The next morning, after the talent contest, at the Devil's Hotel restaurant, because Lee went to bed early, he woke up early.

When Lee woke up, he looked at the clock on the nightstand beside him, and he saw that a six ten AM in the morning.

While it was still dark outside, he turned on the lamp light on his nightstand. And he quickly got ready to face the day. He then headed to the lobby, before anyone else was up, and he spoke to the clerks at the check in desk.

Given the clerks had heard about the contest last night. And they knew Lee, they were more than willing to answer Lee's question, concerning the contest and the contestants. They even pulled a checked a few records for him.

The discussion was in english, considering Lee did not want anyone to know that he knew spanish.

Lee was relieved to learn that the restaurant was still in one piece. Though, it was being cleaned up that morning. With the restaurant, with breakfast buffet being open at seven AM. Which was an hour and half later than when it usually open at Five thirty AM.

Not that Lee was complaining. He was not planning to eat breakfast, yet.

Also, while Lee did not show any reaction on the outside, he was happy to learn that neither no one, fitting the names, nor descriptions, of River, Chang, or Daiyu, had checked into the Devil's Hotel, previous night.

In addition, the clerks were more than happy to accept Lee's request, on keeping quiet about his inquires.

Lee thanked the two clerk. And he then when back to this hotel room, to watch TV.

(_)

At eight thirty AM, Lee received a phone call. Lee used his TV remote to turn off his TV.

Lee then tossed his remote onto his bed, as he walked over to the phone on his nightstand.

As he picked up receiver, he thought, 'Only Pedro and Sam have this number. And the girls would just knock at my door if they wanted to speak to me.'

Lee held the receiver to the right side of his face, as he said, in english, “Hello.”

Pedro responded, from the other end of the line, in english, “Hey.”

Lee recognized Pedro's voice, as he replied, “Hi. What do you need?”

Pedro stated, “First, did those two actually check into the hotel?”

Lee thought, 'He must be talking about Chang and River.' He answered, “Not as far as I know. I check with the front desk, this morning. And they said, no. I think we are in the clear, for the moment.”

Pedro said, “That's good.”

Lee pointed out, “Still, you should not called me this early in the morning for something like.”

Pedro admitted, “You are right. I called to ask favor from you.”

Lee thought, 'Whatever it is, it might be worth doing to stay on Pedro's good side.' He inquired, “Sure, what do you need?”

Pedro stated, “The real state agent I am using to sell my brother's beach house, called me this morning. About ten minutes ago. He found a buyer for the house. The guy wants to pay all of it up front, in pesos. Ten percent above the asking price. If this sale clears, my retirement savings is secure. And with what is going on, I do not have to worry about that.”

Lee questioned, “I fully understand. So, how do I fit into this?”

Pedro requested, “I was thinking, if I was chauffeured in a cool car, it might make a good impression with the buyer. With that cool car being the pink convertible my brother gave you. With you driving me. It is probably be an hour of your life. What to help?”

Lee thought, 'Oh hell. Why not? It is something I might do in his situation. And it will likely put him in good mood for the rest of the day. Especially, after what happened last night, at the end of the talent contest. When River and Chang showed up.'

Lee responded, “Sure. Where do you want me to pick you up? And at what time?”

Pedro answered, “The meeting is at ten thirty, so pick me up at the police station at ten AM. Being early would make a good impression, as well.

Lee agreed, “Yes. It would. I will see you there.” He then hung up the phone.

Lee thought, 'This is a win-win situation. I help Pedro, he becomes more loyal to me. And after last night's party crashers, I need to shore up that loyalty. Also, as far as he is concerned, he will owe me a favor.'

'Now, on the matter of Sam. As much as I want to spend time with this. Helping Pedro with this, is more important to my continued survival. So, in a little while, I will go downstairs, meet with Sam. We will have breakfast at the buffet, where I will tell him I have some errands to run. Without give details. So, the girls don't overhear us. Then, I will satisfaction that I will meet him, here, in the lobby. Where I will pick up up, and we will then head the Rats Nest later this morning.'

'Though, I will have to navigate around the issue of my telling him that I am dying of cancer. But, I was just so tired, and in such a good mood, that I decided to tell him, as a friend. And I cannot let the girls learn I am dying of cancer. Still, that should not be a problem.'

'Also, I doubt the girls will say anything to us about talent contest last night. They all got good scores from us. And they are not the type to talk about such things outside their own group.'

'So, all in all, my day is likely looking up.'

(_)

Half hour later, Lee came down into the lobby, and he met with Sam, whom looked well, given the news he had received from Lee, the previous night, about Lee dying of cancer.

Sam was sitting in one of the chairs on the right side of the lobby, facing the check in desk, near the elevator bay.

Lee also saw that none of Revy and Rock's group were there.

As both men saw each other, Sam got up, and walked over to him. He said, “Good morning, Lee. I hope you rested well.”

Lee answered, “I did. How was your night?”

Sam coyly responded, “Longer than I hoped it would be. But, I did get some good rest... About what you told me last night that you have...”

Lee interrupted, “Don't worry about it. Nothing either of us can do about it. All I am going to do is enjoy the time I have left.” He mentally added, 'And if Revy and the others learn I have cancer, it will blow my cover. Because they will realize that I am the writer, and the reason I am close to them is to steal one of their reality device, to save my own life.'

Sam replied, “Okay.”

Lee mentioned, “Also, after breakfast, I have an errand to run, for an hour, or so. If it is okay with you. I will meet back up with you here, and we will head to Rats Nest afterward. So, we can continue are day as normal. If not, I can dropped you off somewhere, before I go on my errand.”

Sam stated, “That is fine. I will wait for you here. Then, we will got to the Rats Nest later this morning.”

Lee said, “Glad to hear it. Now, let's get get some breakfast.”

Both men then exited the lobby, as they headed for the hotel restaurant, to get some breakfast from the buffet.

(_)

Lee found that he was correct about breakfast. As Lee and Sam ate their breakfast at the bar counter, with Revy and her group leaving them alone. With the women talking amongst themselves, as usual, as had they had their own breakfast.

After finishing their meals, Lee and Sam parted ways for the next hour, or so.

(_)

Nearby, at the tables in front stage, Revy watched Sam and Lee leave the room. She then turned back to her group, as she continued their conversation.

Revy, like many of the women at the table she was at, and the tables around her, had finished their breakfast, and they were just enjoying the discussion they were having with each other.

Revy was sitting at the table with Rock, Dutch, Janet, and Benny, as she commented, “Too bad Chang would not let us know in what his plan is, last night.”

Benny said, “That is completely understandable. The writer might have been in that crowd, and overheard our conversation.”

Revy conceded, “True. And I think that is the reason he and River are staying at the hotel across the island. The writer knows River is a telepath. If they stay here, they will drive away the writer. So, they are staying in a hotel, on the other side of the island. On the bright side, we can visit them, and find out their plans, then. Also, it is going to be a lot more fun with them here.”

From the table that Ranma, Akira, Natsuru, Yurika, Nodoka, Mikoto, shared, Mikoto commented, “Still, I wonder why the judges, and Melvin got out of here so quickly after the contest? They practically out paced the audience in leaving.”

Lotton commented, “Mikoto, if you were put into a position of judging very violent, questionably sane women, would you stick around afterward, and risk one of them being upset with the scores you gave them?”

Mikoto answered, “No.”

Dutch stated, “Been there. Done that. I didn't stick around for the aftermath, myself. So, I can understand why they ran right after the contest was over.”

Some of the women, including Dutch, started lightly laughing, for a few seconds, from her comment.

As the women calmed down, Rock said, “You know. That talent contest was similar to that bikini contest at Roanapur. But, that was likely because many of the contestants that were in the bikini contest, were in this talent contest.”

Benny remarked, “Yes. But, there were some differences. Like better taste in clothing in last night's contest.”

Akira stated, “Yea. And less bloodlust towards the winner, this time.”

Revy commented, “I hate to admit it, but Eda did earn her victory.”

From a nearby table, that she shared with her sisters, Kristina, Sarah, Yukio and Rebecca, Molly commented, “Yes. Who knew she was that good at singing and dancing?”

At a table, Sawyer said, “She never showed that type of skill at the bikini parties.”

Rock pointed out, “All of us have talents that we keep to ourselves.”

At another table, Violin stated, “True.” She turned to Dutch, as she complimented, “By the way, Dutch. That was a nice performance of, Ghost Riders in the Sky.”

Dutch turned to Violin, as she replied, “Thanks. You're flukes skill are pretty good. Though, I didn't care for the song you picked.”

Violin said, “It was a matter of personal tastes.”

At the same table that Violin was sitting at, Aeryn turned to the table that had Shenhua, Lotton, and Sawyer shared, as she asked, “Are we still on for today?”

Shenhua answered, “Yes. We are.”

Ranma turned to Shenhua and Aeryn, as she asked, “What are you guys up to, today?”

Aeryn answered, “Violin is going to be busy showing.... Someone around town today. While, she is doing so, I will be spending the day with Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton, training, and shopping.”

Ranma looked around the table, at their faces. All of them had the same unspoken question. Ranma asked, “Can we come with you?”

Aeryn shrugged, as she replied, “Sure.”

Revy turned to Violin, as she inquired, “And who is this mysterious person, Violin?”

Violin looked at Revy, as she coyly said, “Someone from out of town that I still talk to, on occasion. She is interested in this reality, and I am going to meet her in an hour, to show her around this town. Still, Aeryn can barely tolerate her.”

Revy realized who Violin was talking about. She replied, “Ah. That person.”

Violin responded, “Yes. And thank you for not mentioning her name. Her name might spook the writer into running. But, she is only going to be here for the day.”

Rock said, “It is always nice to have another set of eyes on the problem.” She mentally added, 'Especially a set that can read heat, and tell if someone is lying.'

Violin replied, “I agree”

Molly requested, “Violin. Aunt Rock, and I have something planned for today. If your friend is here, I would like to include you two also in our plan.”

Violin responded, “Sure. What do you have in mind?”

Molly told Violin her plan.

Violin stated, “I like this plan. It will put to rest if Lee, or Sam, is the writer, once and for all.”

Molly said, “Exactly.” She thought, 'And if Violin's friend is who I think she is. Then, even the writer will not be able to fool her.'

Then, women then continued their conversation for some time after they finished their breakfasts. They then separated, to go about their day.

(_)

It was ten fifteen AM, as Lee was driving, down the road, with Pedro, to Pedro's brother's Paciano's beach house, in his pink convertible. The top of the hood and side windows were down, as both men enjoy the fresh air of the sunny, cool morning.

Pedro was sitting beside Lee, in the front passenger seat, on the right side of the car, with both of them having their seat belts on.

Presently, Lee was driving at the speed limit, down the right lane, of the deserted, though will maintain, two lane, paved road. With the road running along the beach, with the beach to their left side.

As Lee drove, Pedro requested, “If you don't mind, I would like you to stay with the car.”

Lee kept his eyes on the road in front of him, as he replied, “Sure.” he Then sarcastically remarked, “Do you want me to open your door as well?”

Pedro let out a laugh. He then said, in a jovial tone of voice, “Nah. I have to draw the line somewhere.”

Lee grinned at Pedro's humor, as he stated, “That works of me.”

Lee then continued to drive them down the road.

(_)

Lee and Pedro made it to Paciano's beach house at ten twenty-five AM.

Lee drove his pink Cadillac on the drive, through the open steel gate, and passed the concrete walls on that inland side of the home.

Lee turned his car around in the driveway. He parked his car about twenty feet from the drive entrance door to the house, on the left side of the driveway. With his car facing the facing the open gate. In case he had to make a quick getaway.

After Lee put the car in park, and turned on the ignition. Lee pulled out the key, and pocketed the keys in his pants pocket. Next, Pedro and Lee took off their seatbelts.

Both men got of the car, with Lee leaning his back against his left side of his car, on his car door, while he watched Pedro walk to the entrance door.

Just as Pedro about about to open the door, the door opened up, with Pedro stepping out of the way.

Pedro and Lee then watched as a real estate agent walked outside, from the open door.

Lee saw the agent was a middle-aged hispanic man with full brown hair, and clean shaved face. He was of average height, with a slightly heavy build, but not fat. He worse a business suit, and black dress shoes. Also, he carried a closed briefcase in his left hand.

As the two men shook hands, the agent said, in spanish, “Good morning, Chief Del Soto.”

Pedro said, in spanish, “Good morning, Sans. How is the real estate business going with you and Isandro?”

Meanwhile, As Lee leaned against his left car door, he thought, 'Fortunately, I am close enough to hear them. And this is why I don't want anyone to know that I learned spanish. For conversations like this. Where others speak spanish, while thinking I am an ignorant american, whom does not know the local language.'

Meanwhile, at the doorstep, the door remained open. Sans walked a few feet away from the door. He then turned to face Pedro, as he answered Pedro's question, “Great actually. Isandro is handling another, bigger sell by this same guy. With the combined commission, we are thinking about taking a vacation for a few weeks and going shark fishing with Emily and Grace.”

Pedro replied, “Sound great. Tell them all I said, hi.”

Sans said, “I will.”

Pedro thought, 'Emily and Grace are sisters. Emily the eldest sister, by a few of years. Sans married Emily. Emily works as a cashier at the Devil's Hotel. And Grace works as a waitress at a good Italian restaurant in town. And Grace is married Isandro. Neither couple has any kids. Though, they are great people. Still, I need to find out who this buyer is, before I do anything else.'

Pedro asked, “So, when we will I be meeting this buyer.”

Sans answered, “The buyer is here. He is right behind me.”

A second later, second man exited the home, while closing the door behind him.

All three men looked him.

The man in question was a black hair chinese man in his mid-twenties. His hair went down to his neck line. He was in great physical shape.

The black haired, chinese man wore a black long coat, over a nice business suit. The black long coat ended half way down his shins. The suit consisted a white t-shirt, under a white buttons up shirt, with a dark blue tie. There was a pair of black men's formal dress pants. Over the shirt and tie was a black, closed waistcoat vest, that when down far enough to completely cover his black leather belt, which was around his waist.

There was a long white scarf, that went around the under side of the turtle neck of the man's open coat, with the white scarf being draped down the front sides of his coat, to just below where his waistcoat vest ended, around his waist. Also, on his feet, he wore a light shade of black side-gusset dress shoe loafers, over light black socks. And he wore browline sunglasses over his eyes.

Lee and Pedro both remained calm, as they immediately recognized the man as Chang, in his male form.

Though, in the inside, Lee thought, with worry, 'Oh crap. Chang isn't just visiting this city. He is planning to move here. I am starting to regret dragging Pedro into this. He doesn't deserve this type of mess.'

Meanwhile, Pedro thought, 'Of all the people to buy my home, it has to be this Chang. The sad part is he will likely give me the best offer. If I turn down his offer, I will definitely make him an enemy. I don't want to be in his sights just yet. Since it is a legal transactions, that is nothing wrong with accepting his money for this. It is not a bribe. Also, I have no interest in this home. So, I have no problems selling it.'

'And I am so happy that I have already removed the records, and other things in this home, that could tip off Chang about me, and my brother.'

'This includes my brothers anime and other fictional collections. And any weapons I could find. And boy did has have a number of weapons. Not counting what I kept myself. The department weapons locker got a minor upgrade in weapons, ammo, and equipment, from what I found here.'

'Finally, I met him last night, in his female form, as Daiyu. So, he probably knows who I am from the other women. Though, neither of us cannot reveal that to the other, without tipping our hand...'

While Pedro did not show it on the outside, on the inside, he continued his thoughts, with annoyance, 'Damn it. This must be how Lee thinks all the time.'

Pedro forced himself to calm down, as he mentally reflect, with mild amusement, 'Still, this cloak and dagger stuff can be fun.'

'I would not even be surprised if Chang didn't have replacement pistols, of those he had in the Black Lagoon series, that he lost at the end of book two of Lee's stories. With thise replacement pistols coming complete with the chinese dragons and heavily dragon chinese symbols engraved in his grips, in his duel holsters, behind his lower back, strapped to his belt, in dual hostlers'

Chang walked over to Pedro and Sans. He came to a stop, to where San's was to his left front side, and Pedro was to his right front side.

As Change looked around, and he recognized Lee and Pedro. He thought, 'Now, this is in an interesting turn of events. So, the judge Del Soto, no Police Chief Del Soto, is the owner of this home. Still, he does not recognize me from last night, because I was in my female form, last night.'

'So, I am going to have to get him to reintroduce himself, or it could cause problems, if I accidentally mention his name, without first officially knowing his name. Still, if that happens, I can just say that I have heard of him. And he should let it slide.'

'Also, the person by the car, is another judge from last night. From what the girls told me, last night, I believe his name is, Lee. Curiouser and curiouser. That those two would be here, together.'

Chang turned his attention back to San and Pedro, as he mentally replied, 'Though, back to the matter at hand. I am not fully fluent in spanish, yet. But, River is giving me lessons. So, I am going to have to speak english for right now.'

Chang turned to Pedro. He played dump, as he stated, in english, “Hello. I am Bai Ji-Shin Chang.” He then offered Pedro a handshake with his right hand.

Pedro thought, 'I might as well shake his hand. This is how some of the most dangerous conflicts start. And if I refuse, he will take it as an insult. So, it will be worse.”

Pedro shook Chang's hand, with his right hand. Both men noted the other man's grip was firm, but not tight.

Pedro thought, 'Well, with a handshake like that, I guess Chang is a better man then I thought.'

As they continued, to shake hands, Pedro stated, in english, “Nice to meet you, Mister Chang. I am Police Chief Pedro Del Soto of the city De La Plata Podrido.”

Chang thought, 'Well, unlike Chief Watsup, this Chief Del Soto's handshake is firm and not limpwristed. This is good.'

They then broke the handshake.

Chang turned to look at the home behind him. He then turned back to Pedro, as he complimented, “You have a nice home here, Chief Del Soto.”

Pedro thought, 'I do not know how much he knows about me. So, I might as well be honest.'

Pedro said, “It is actually my brother's home. He gave it to me. And I have no need for it. And I must say, the price you are welling to pay for this home is very generous.”

Pedro mentally added, 'I am sure you want to keep in the good graces of the local law here. That is why you are paying slightly more than the asking price. Not enough to raise any eyebrows, but enough to get my attention. And this is technically not a bribe. So, I am going to let it slide.'

Chang thought, 'The amount I am paying is nothing compare to the wealth I have access to. Still, if paying for this home, at the amount I offered, makes the local Police Chief happy, then it is money will spent.'

'Besides, I like this home. It is a really nice home. And after taking a tour of the inside, I found that his place comes almost completely furnished. I get the feeling his brother left here in a hurry. I will have to find out why, later.'

Chang said, “Thank you.”

Pedro thought, 'Now, to get some information. I need to know if he is still just visiting. Or, if he is planning on staying. Given the reality technology he has. He could literally do both. By him using time dilation. With him going on vacation here, but for us, he is here all the time. As such, when he left this reality, or even time, for business, or pleasure. He would only be going for a few minutes, for those of us in this reality.'

Pedro inquired, “Mister Chang. I was wondering. Are you planning on using this as a vacation home, or are you planning on moving to the island?”

Chang though, 'Given he is the police chief of this island city, it is only natural for him to ask these questions. So, there is not reason to lie.'

Chang stated, “Actually, I will have another place on the island. I plan use this home as a retreat and for formal parties. Though, I will keep up the place. So, the building and property does not deprecate in value.”

Pedro remained calm on the outside, as he inwardly winched. He thought, 'I was afraid of this. I wonder where the other place is. Still, I need to get out of here, and talk with Lee, on what our next move will be.'

Pedro said, “It sounds like you will make good use out of this place. And you will maintain it. Which is fine, with me. Anyway, I have to leave in a minute. I have city run.”

Chang grinned, as he said, “I can sympathize.”

Pedro thought, 'I bet you can. Now, to arrange for me to close this deal.'

Pedro turned to Sans, as he request, “Get the paperwork ready. I will meet you in your office, later this afternoon, to sign everything.”

Sans answered, in english, for the benefit of Chang, “That will be fine.”

Pedro turned back to Chang, as he stated, “Mister Chang, if you have any problems in the city, give me a call at the police department, and ask for me. They should transfer you to me.”

Pedro thought, 'I am heading off a whole host of problems by letting Chang know that he has the option of contacting me. I don't know what I would do, if I did meet him in an official capacity. But, by him calling me, I can make sure he comes into the station, alone. With River not being with him.'

Chang thought, 'I think that might be an olive branch.' He replied, “We'll see.”

Pedro looked at both of men, as he stated, “Okay. And good day, gentlemen.”

Pedro then turned around, and walked back to the pink convertible.

Lee saw him coming. Lee got into the driver's side of the car. A few seconds later, Pedro got into the front passenger side of the car.

Less than a minute later, Chang and Sans watched, as Lee and Pedro slowly drove away, and out the gate.

Chang mentally noted, 'Neither of them actually looked at me. They didn't even raise an eyebrow at the way I looked, nor that I was a foreigner. Interesting. I will have to dig a little deeper on finding out more about them both. Also, I have plans, later today, on learning more about Lee and the other poker player, Sam. Among other people.'

(_)

Meanwhile, in the pink Cadillac, after Lee turned onto the road, and he was about fifty yards from the beach home, he inquired, “Where to?”

Pedro answered, “The Last Resort.”

Lee joked, “You're getting an early start.”

Pedro flatly stated, “Can the injokes.”

Lee lightly chuckled, as he said, “Come on. In these situations, it is better to laugh, than to cry.”

Pedro questioned, “Perhaps. So, how much of the conversation did you hear?”

Lee thought, 'All of it. But, I don't want you to know that.' He coyly answered, “Enough.”

Pedro said, “Well, we will talk about this over coffee, at the Last Resort.”

Lee agreed, “Good idea.” He thought, 'Once Chang showed up, as the buyer. I figured you would want to immediately talk to me, about this. And the Last Resort is a good place to do so. Especially, at this time in the morning. Where there is no crowd. And few, if any customers.'

Lee then headed for the Last Resort Diner.

(_)

Twenty minutes minutes later, both men were sitting at their usual booth, at the back right corner table, inside the Last Resort Diner.

Given the situation, and how Lee wanted to keep Pedro in his good graces. Lee did not disagree having Pedro sitting with his back to the wall, while Pedro faced the entrance.

Fortunately, it was late morning, and lunch rush had not hit the restaurant rate. So, except for Lee and Pedro. The only other people in the dining room and cook area, were the staff of the diner. The two waitresses, Lori, and Mary. And the cook, George.

And the three employees knew to give Lee and Pedro their privacy. So presently, Lee and Pedro were not that worried about being overheard.

By then, Lori had already served them each a cup of coffee. And the danger they were in, from having both Chang and River in town, was finally starting hit them, as they were having problems keeping their cups of coffee from shaking in their hands.

As both men set their cups of coffee back down on the table between them, Lee quietly said, “Oh my, what have we done?”

Pedro heard what Lee said. He looked up at Lee, as he retorted, “Who's we, Tonto? You wrote that damn story. You lead them here. Now, a interdimensional warlord is here, in my city.”

Lee turned to Pedro, as he stated, “Chang is bad, but not that bad.”

Pedro flatly responded, “Okay. Instead of a interdimensional warlord. We have to deal with a reality traveling, dangerously genre savvy, gender bending, magnificent bastard slash bitch, of a criminal boss, whom has decided to move to my city.” He sarcastically added, “Sound better?”

Lee said, in an embarrassing tone of voice, “No.”

Pedro went onto say, “My point, exactly. As I was saying, Chang is here now. For some reason De La Plata Podrido has caught his eye. And I don't think the only reason he is here is for you.”

Lee pointed out, “Well, you and your brother, should have never compared Plata Podrido with Roanapur.”

Pedro admitted, with a hint of anger in his voice, which was more towards himself, than Lee, “I realize that, now. And by buying my brother's beach house, Chang is clearly planning on staying here a while. He even said he is planning to live elsewhere, on the island. My brother's beach house is just for business functions. And I did not ask where he was living, because I had no excuse to do so. Still, it does not take a genius to figure out that he is likely going to set up shop here, somewhere, on my island.”

Pedro thought, 'Somewhere I need to find out as quickly as possible. From back channels, that cannot immediately be traced back to him. I will look into that, when I get back to the station.'

Lee inquired, “But how? In my stories, I left Chang as a deck hand, on his, or her, way to being a hired gun, for Mal, on the Serenity. Chang didn't have any wealth to put back together an operation like that. Along those lines, I am still trying to figure out how Chang came up with the money to afford your brother's beach house. I doubt the Serenity crew loaned the money. Beside which, Chang never struck me as someone whom allow himself to intentionally get into debt with someone else.'

Pedro agreed, “That is a good question.”

Both men thought over Lee's question, for a few seconds.

A thought then occurred to Pedro, as he inquired, “Whatever happened to the gold that Chang took with him, or her, at the time, at the end of book two?”

Lee answered, “I already thought of that. River made Chang donate that gold to charity.”

Pedro said, “And trying to hack the banks for money would not work here. Too many eyes watching too closely. Chang could have created hidden caches of treasure and technology in other realities, before his organization was destroyed in book two?”

Lee thought about Pedro's comment for a few seconds. Lee then looked up at Pedro, with a shock expression on his face. He admitted, “I don't know. I didn't realize that. That was something I overlooked.”

Pedro sarcastically replied, “Just great.”

Lee slightly whined, “One plot hole.” He held up his right index finger in front of himself, as he continued, “Just one.” He dropped his right hand back to his side, as he went onto say, “And it comes back to bite my home planet in the ass.”

Pedro responded, “Yes. When you screw up, your screw ups are epic in their ramifications. Plus, the Serenity crew are very reasonable in such matters. So, they will probably now be working for Chang as his, men... women... err, whatever.... Damn it. Now, you got me doing that.”

Lee could not help chuckled, for a few seconds, from Pedro's reaction.

As Lee calmed down, he said, with a bit of humor in his tone of voice, “I wrote that running gag because I kept doing it myself, as I wrote my stories.” Lee continued, in a more serious tone of voice, “Anyway, I have a full plate of villains to deal with. Chang can be your arch-nemesis.”

Pedro calmly replied, “That is not funny.”

Lee flatly said, “It was not intended to be. If you think about, you are like Chang's shadow archetype.”

Pedro inquired, “What do you mean?” He thought, 'I would like to see Lee's logic on this.'

Lee answered, “I have been here long enough to learn the back story of this city. And your personal history, as well. Where Chang allowed the corruption around him to consume him, you rose above the corruption you dealt with. I admire that about you.”

“You worked your way up from rookie police officer, to being promoted to chief of police in this city. And then, with the help of your brother, you cleaned up this city to where the crime was directed, controlled, and at a manageable level. Where people could live in peace. That is why you hate bribery. Because you know once you start down that path, you may end up like Chang. Or worse.”

Pedro responded, “I see your point. And yes. That is why I loath bribery. And that is why I do not do drugs. Though, I have to allow there to be a market in town, given the smuggling is one of the sources of money for this community. Still, I only allow it within reason.”

Pedro mentally reflected, 'And with my brother gone, I have to remind those drug sellers what, within reason, is, on a nearly weekly basis. I miss you, Paciano. Without you helping me, everything has gotten a lot tougher for me here. On top of these violent lunatics, from other realities, coming to town.'

Lee requested, in a slightly comforting tone of voice, “Listen Pedro. We can still savage the situation. All you have to do is keep your ear to the ground about Chang. We know who he is. We know what he is. We know what he is capable of. He does not know we know this. That gives us an edge. We need to use that edge for as long as possible.”

Pedro replied, “I agree.”

Lee stated, “Still, keep in mind that Chang is one smooth customer. He is a ruthless as they come. But, he is also very practical. He prefers not to have a war, because it is bad for business. And he is not going to start a war here, with anyone, because it would attract unwanted attention, from outside the island.”

“Now Pedro, if you are as half as good, and as savvy, as I think you are. I think you can handle Chang, and his crew, in savvy ways. Though, Chang likely hired others to work for him. So, be ready for some wildcards to show up, and for some wild times.”

“Though, do not approach Chang. Have him come to you. That way you can limit the meetings to just you and him. If you go to him, there is a risk that River will be nearby, and if she reads your mind, then the game is over for both us.”

Pedro stated, “I already realized that last part.” He thought, 'Though, you make a lot of other good points that I should consider.'

Lee said, “Good. And if worse comes to worse, negotiate with him. You might be able to work something out with him.”

Pedro responded, “Just thinking about the option turns my stomach. I only dealt with my brother because I knew him very well, and since childhood. He is a decent guy. The same cannot be said of Chang. But, I will keep in mind what you have said.”

Lee replied, “That is all I ask. And, by the way, since we are meeting, right now. Let us skip tonight's meeting.”

Pedro said, “Agreed.”

The two men then continued their conversation for a while, then Lee drove Pedro back to the police station.

After Lee dropped off Pedro, head headed to the Devil's Hotel, where he met with Sam. Lee then drove Sam and himself, to the Rats Nest, for their usual poker game.

(_)

A few hours later, it was the early afternoon, as Sam and Lee returned to the Rats Nest, after having lunch together, at a good cuban restaurant, nearby the Rats Nest, in Plata Podrido.

Besides Sam and Lee, the only other person in the bar at that time of the day was the bartender.

They were sitting at their usual places at the back left corner table, as they bet against each other with their money, in their friendly, ongoing game. Sam had his back to the corner. And Lee was facing the windows to the left side of the room, with his back to the bar counter. This allow Lee to see the entrance to the Rats Nest bar, with the corner of his right eye.

Sam was currently having a beer, while Lee was having a bottle of lemonade.

While Sam looked at the cards in his hand, he said, with a bit of relief in his tone of voice, “I am so happy to get back into the groove of doing these.”

Lee looked at his cards, as he agreed, “Me too.”

Sam looked over at Lee, as he commented, “I will be honest. I look forward to when I play poker with you, Lee. It is honest. It is pleasant. And it is sane.”

Lee turned towards Sam, as he joked, “Like fishing. Only you don't get sea sick.”

In response, to Lee's comment, Sam chuckled, for a few seconds. Sam then stated, “Exactly.”

Meanwhile, Lee thought, 'I guess with a hellcat for a girlfriend, you would need a port in the storm of her insanity. But, hey. A long as she does not effect my personal life. I could care less what type of girlfriend you have.'

Sam commented, “Okay. Let's continue this poker game.”

Lee agreed, “Yes. Let's do that.”

The two men played out their hand, with Sam winning the pot for that round.

Sam collected all the cards from that hand, along with the pot.

As Sam was about the shuffle the cards, both men heard the front door to the bar open. And they soon heard the door close.

From their table, Sam and Lee looked at the newcomers, as did the bartender, from her location, behind the bar counter, across the room.

The three adults looked over to see Rock, in his male form, wearing his old business man's suit, and black tennis shoes. He had his long black hair in a ponytail, with a black scrunchy.

With Rock was Molly. She had her blond hair left loose, as her hair drapped down her back, to her shoulder blades. Molly wore a white blouse, a green long skirt, and green tennis shoes. She did not have her two semi-automatic pistols, nor shoulder holsters, with her.

Lee noted both newcomers were walking towards his and Sam's table.

Lee thought, 'Rock must be using a packet of instant spring of drown man. This could cause problems for everyone, if someone spills hot water on Rock, and Rock changes back into a woman in front of us.'

As Rock and Molly approached Sam and Lee's corner table, Lee calmly greeted them, “Hello Molly. Hello Mister Okajima. It has been a while.”

Rock replied, “Yes. It has.” He thought, 'Considering he met my past self, and my male form, when we first got here. I wonder.' He asked, “So, you remember out previous meeting?”

Lee said, “Vaguely.”

Lee thought, 'The only two times I met you Rock, as a guy, was a few nights after you first came. Then, I met your much earlier past self, right after the time loop. Though, the only official meeting with your male self, was when I was pretending to be drunk, when your crew first came here. So, the, vaguely, answer would likely work.'

Rock thought, 'Well, he was drunk at the time, as I introduced myself to him, as a guy. And I don't remember enough when I met him, decades ago my time, when I accidentally came here. So, I will have to let this line of inquiry go.'

Lee notice Rock had not said anything more, as he thought, 'Good. I believe he is going to drop the matter. Now, I need to know why they are here?' He asked, “So, what brings you down here this afternoon?”

Molly answered, “We wanted to get to the know two of the judges from last night's contest.”

Rock stated, “What my niece is trying to say is we would like to play a few rounds of poker with you.”

Sam commented, “As long as you got money, go ahead.”

Lee thought, 'If I say, no. I will only raise questions for myself. So, I might as well say...' Lee said, “I agreed with, Sam. Just give me a moment to move around, so you can sit down.” He mentally added, 'Also, I best not ask about the niece comment. That sounds like he is still baiting me. Or, us.'

Rock thought, 'Okay. They are not take the bait on the niece comment. Oh well.'

Lee moved a few chairs closer to Sam's left side, with Rock sitting next to Lee's left side. Molly sat by Rock's left side.

Rock pulled out some U.S. dollar bills for the both himself, and his niece.

After a few hands of poker, Rock won one hand, Molly won another hand, and Lee won a hand.

Meanwhile, across the room, the bartender looked over at the table, as she thought, 'Sam and Lee are usually quiet. Though, given who is with them, I am not surprised. I should watch my mouth, as well, in this situation.'

A few seconds later, everyone heard the front door open, and moments later, again.

All five adults looked to see that it that another woman had walked though the door.

While Lee did not show any outward reaction, inwardly he was not happy at who is was.

It was Chang in his female form, Daiyu. She wore a long black skirt, over some black women's boxer shorts.

Also, she wore a sport bra, under a white t-shirt. Over the white t-shirt she wore her a shoulder holsters, with a semi-automatic pistol under each of her armpits.

The pistols were replicas of her original pistols, with chinese dragon engraved grips.

Over her weapons and shirt, she wore a feminine styled, black cloth jacket, which was left open.

She also wore a pair white shocks, and black tennis shoes.

Daiyu also had on her browline sunglasses. Besides her weapons, this was the only article of clothing she had on, which she on during her earlier meeting, with Pedro, at the breach house, while she was in her male form.

Lee thought, 'What is Chang doing here? Probably checking out Sam and I. The girls probably told her we usually come here. And they gave her direction. Still, there not much I can do about this situation. Though, I thought she would be enjoying her new beach house, today. I guess I underestimated Chang's scheduling abilities.'

Meanwhile, Daiyu walked up to the table, where Sam, Lee, Molly, and Rock, were sitting at. When she reached the table, she came to a stop, as she just stood there, as she silently stared at both Lee and Sam for a few seconds.

Lee noticed Daiyu's staring. Lee remained calm, as he thought, 'Has Chang figured out I am the writer? No, she has not been here that long. And I was careful last night, in my thoughts, when River showed up. Along with Pedro. So, I should be fine for the moment, on that front. Though, this current front is a completely different matter.'

Daiyu then politely said, in the most innocent tone of voice she could muster, in english, “Hello. My name if Daiyu. I was in the talent contest, last night. I was wondering if I could join you four, for a few hands of poker.”

Lee could see Rock and Molly were trying to keep themselves from bursting out laughing.

Lee kept his poker face on, as he thought, with amusement, 'Oh, playing the innocent girl routine. I can see why those two are trying hard not to laugh. Well, nice try Chang. But, I know better. And I am sure Sam does, as well. Or, at the very least, I know that Sam has a girlfriend, so he will not fall for your tricks. Though, I still have to play along.”

Lee said, “Sure. Sit down. Your money is good here.”

Daiyu walked over to sit in a chair, between Lee left side, and Molly's right side. She then pulled out some U.S. cash, for her to bet with.

Lee made no attempt to stop her.

There were few more hands of cards, with Daiyu and Sam winning the hands.

Sam and Lee continued to remain silent, as the other three players talked with each other, while being careful not to give away their secrets to the two men, they were sitting by.

A few minutes later, everyone heard the front door open for a third time. And then close, a few seconds later.

The adults in the room turned to the front door. They saw Violin walk in. She wore brown pants, a black t-shirt, with dark blue tennis shoes. With her was a fair skinned woman, with short white hair, that Lee felt he had seen before, but he could not place her face.

The white haired woman was in her mid-twenties, and she wore a black short sleeved blouse, black pants, and black cowgirl boots.

Both women then walked to Lee and Sam's table.

A few seconds later, it was the woman's choose clothing, along with being with Violin, that tipped Lee off as to who the white haired woman was.

It took all of Lee's will power not to show any outward emotion, as he mentally screamed, 'Oh crap! That is Scorpius, with Violin! And I now remember, she was on TV, with that, we want the writer, broadcast, on all the TV stations. What is she doing here?!'

As the two women came to a stop, as the corner table, where the five adults were sitting, Violin and Scorpius turned to them.

Violin said, “Hi everyone. My friend here came to visit, from out of town. Her name is... Halley.”

Lee saw Scorpius take a quick look at Violin, before turning back to look towards everyone at the table.

Violin then started pointing out the people at the table, with her right hand, as she continued, “Now, clockwise. This is Molly, R... Rokuro Okajima, Sam, Lee, and Daiyu.

Scorpius calmly stated, “Yes. I am Halley. It is so good to meet all of you.”

Sam replied, “Likewise.”

Lee just simply nodded, as he kept himself from chuckling. He silently realized, in thought, 'Violin must have come up with name on the spot. But why Halley... Of course, Harvey and Halley. And Violin would introduce Scorpius to everyone, so that she would not slip up and state one of our names, without us knowing how she learned about us. I have wrote about that trick. I have personally pulled that trick. And I know how to recognize that trick.'

But, Lee's thoughts turned more grim, as he continued his mental reflection, 'Still, what is this?! A convention?! Oh no! If they are are working together, then the net is closing. They likely know who I am, they are playing with me, and I am fucked!... Calm down. Get a grip. If I freak out, and they don't know, they will figure out I am the writer. I have to remain calm.'

'The good news is none of them are mind readers. The bad news is Scorpius is the next best thing. She can read heat signatures with her eyes. She can tell if I lie. It is a good guess she already knows I am lying. Though, that cannot be helped.'

'Also, if this Scorpius is as devious as her comic counterpart. Which she is. From the TV series and mini-series, she is one hell of a bluffer. Her counterpart, in the comic series timeline, once convinced an entire galactic empire to surrender to him, on a bluff. And he was the best bluffer in the multiverse. She is likely on par with him.'

'The worst news is that all five of these people are incredibly sharp. Rock and Chang probably know every angle there is to play. For Rock at least, my only advantage is he thinks I am ignorant of the situation around me. Molly, whom is the reincarnation of Yukio, from Black Lagoon, is almost as sharp as these two. Violin, AKA reincarnated John Crichton, is extremely genre savvy. I crack an injoke with her, and she will nail me to the wall. And Scorpius could give Sherlock Holmes lessons on having an eye for the details.'

'Whether Sam is more intelligent than me is irrelevant. The only hope I have of getting out of this situation, with my hide intact, is to play this from the angle that I am the dumbest, ignorant person here, at this table. Though, like Mister Downey said in the movie, Tropic Thunder. Never go full retard.'

'My only lucky break is that half of them don't like the other half that well. And they officially are not suppose to know each other, in front of Sam and I. But, if a fight breaks out. At their level. I could still end up dead. I am going to have to play this real smooth.'

Violin requested, “We would like to play some poker with you?”

Sam sarcastically said, “Why not? As long as you have money, we're good.”

Violin moved to set beside Rock, to Rock's left side. With Scorpius sitting beside Violin, to her left side, and by Sam, to his right side.

As second later, Violin pulled out some cash, and handed some of it to Scorpius.

As Sam shuffled the cards, he asked, “Before I start. Halley, do you know how to play poker?”

Lee thought, 'Why are you asking that question, Sam? And why only, Scorpius? And not also Violin?'

Sam continued, “While I have seen Violin, and Molly play poker. It is logical guess that Molly's uncle knew how to play power. As well as Daiyu, since she is clearly a friend of Molly and Violin. But Halley, I do not know if you know how to play poker?'

Lee thought, 'Sam either a lot sharper than I thought. Or, he is playing his own game. Either way is not good me. Still, he is my only real friend here. So, I will not push the matter with him.'

Scorpius answered, “I have played this game a few times. A friend of mine, where I live, taught me. She learned to enjoy the game during her time in America.”

Lee thought, 'So, Meka taught Scorpius how to play poker. That does not surprise me.'

Sam said, “Good. Now, lets play a few hands.”

Sam then dealt the cards.

(_)

Across the room the bartender could see what was going on. She thought, 'Okay. This is getting interesting. And I think Sam and Lee could use a little help.'

The bartender than walked out, from behind the bar counter.

As the bartender walked over to the group, at the corner table, in back, across from the bar counter, she was that Violin won the hand.

When the bartender made it to the table, all eyes turned to her.

The bartender pulled out a small note pad and pent, as she inquired, “So, what does everyone want to drink?”

Sam and Lee said, in unison, “Coffee!”

Both men did not expect the other to say the same thing, a the same time, as they look at each other, then their eyes turned back to the group in front of them.

Rock stated, “I will have a bottle of chilled water, and a glass for it.”

Lee theorized, in thought, 'Rock is planning ahead. He probably has a packer of spring of drowned man on him, just in case hot water hit hims. He can run to the men's restroom, with the cup, while Molly provides cover. Where Rock would use the packet, with cold water, to change back into a man.'

Daiyu stated, “I am fine.”

Halley commented, “As am I.”

Violin said, “I could use a cold bottle of beer.”

Molly stated, “I will have a bottle of lemonade.”

The bartender wrote down the orders. She then put away her pen, as she turned and left to retrieve their drink orders.

Halley turned to Lee, as she stated, “Lee, I am surprised that you are losing so often.” She turned to Violin. She then looked back at Lee, as she continued, “Violin here stated that you have precognitive abilities.”

From the corner of his left eye, Lee noticed that this caused Chang to raise an eyebrow.

Lee sadly thought, 'Well, there are now two more bad guys, whom now have an interest in me. And there is no point in denying my ability. Since, Scorpius can catch me in a light. So, as the old rule applies. If you cannot deflect your quarry. Then, dazzle them with bullshit.'

Lee turned to Violin, as he continued his thoughts, 'I still need to know how much Violin knows. So, I know how much Scorpius knows.'

Lee calmly asked, “And where did you hear that from, Violin?”

Violin nodded once towards Molly. She turned to Lee, as she stated, “The teenagers in Rock and Revy's group.” She thought, 'It is best I not mention the parent and children relations. Given how young the parents look. That will cause questions to be raised.'

Lee continued to look at Violin, as he thought, 'So, Violin knows just about everything the girls know about my precognitive skills.' He turned to Scorpius, as he continued his thoughts, 'And likely Scorpius knows most of this, as well. So, I might as well be completely open about this.'

Lee said, “Yes. I am precognitive. I just do not use that ability often.” He looked around the table, as he continued, “And I have not used it with all of you, because I don't like cheating at cards.”

Scorpius complimented, “That is admirable.”

Lee turned Scorpius, as he thought, 'Now, to arrange the opportunity to dazzle them.'

Lee offered, “Still, I will even show you a trick after this hand.”

Sam then dealt the cards, with Molly winning the hand.

By then, the bartender returned with a tray for all their drinks. After setting the drinks in the right places, in front of the right people, she left with her empty tray.

As Sam collected the cards, Lee took a sip of his coffee, as he turned to Sam. He set his cup back on the table. Lee requested, “Sam shuffle the deck, and then hand me the cards.”

Sam turned to Lee, as he replied, “Sure.”

Lee then looked around the room, as Sam shuffled the deck.

Everyone noticed that Lee did not looked at the cards, as Sam shuffled them in his hands.

When Sam finished shuffling, he set the deck of cards, on the table, in front of Lee.

Lee looked down at the card. Next, he closed his eyes, as he concentrated. He then said, “Three of clubs.”

Without looking, he used his right hand to pull off the top card, and flip it onto the table, in front of the desk it had belong too.

Everyone saw that it was the three of clubs.

Lee said, “Two of diamonds.”

The next card was the two of diamonds.

Lee said, “Jack of spades.”

The next card was the jack of spades.

Lee said, “Ten of hearts.”

The next card was the ten of hearts.

Jack continued to call out the cards, right before he turned them over.

Out of the fifty-two card, he only missed four times.

When Lee was finished, he opened his eyes, to see looks of astonishment from the crowd around him.

Daiyu complimented, “Now, that is some trick.”

Scorpius agreed, “Quite right. Lee, have you thought about the applications of such an ability?”

Lee calmly answered, “Yes. And I have even thought of the consequences. And possible reprisals of using such an ability.”

Scorpius conceded, “Point taken.”

Lee stated, “While I try not to use this ability when I play other people. I realize that I can never walked into a casino, again. Nor, can I play professional gambling games. Because the moment I was found out, I would be killed. This is why I just usually play with Sam, here.”

Daiyu shrugged, as she replied, “Maybe. It would depend on the situation.”

Lee thought, 'I don't want to know what you are thinking, Chang.' He said, “By the way, Sam was the one that helped me with this ability. His patience in letting me play non-money poker with him, while I figured out how to work my abilities to where I could do this, was invaluable.” He turned to Sam, as he commented, “Thank you, Sam.”

Sam turned to Lee, as he replied, “You're welcome, Lee.”

Molly joked, “You two need to get a room.”

Sam and Lee ignored Molly's comment, as they turned back to looked at the rest of the group at the table.

Sam then collected the cards, and he began to shuffle them.

Lee thought, 'Now, my turn.' Lee asked, “So, what brings all of you to this bar? It cannot just be for a few hands of cards, with us.”

While Scorpius and Daiyu remained calm, Lee could see that the question caught Molly, Rock, and Violin off guard.

Violin lied, “I heard from Revy and Rock that this was a great place to get a drink. So, I brought Halley with me, to check this bar out. Before I brought Aeryn here.” She thought, 'I hope Scorpius is not too annoyed with this alias, I had to come up with, on the spot.'

Meanwhile, inside Violin's mind, Harvey was laughing.

Violin mentally admitted, 'Yes. I named her after you. Harvey and Halley.'

Harvey stopped laughing, as he mentally said, 'I know. That is what makes it so funny.'

Meanwhile, at the poker table, Scorpius snorted at the alias Violin had just given her. But, she did not reply.

Molly commented, “My reasons are about the same, as Violin. That is why I brought my uncle here.”

Rock said, “Yes. And I have found this to be a nice bar.”

Sam requested, “Then, be sure to leave a tip. This bartender here works hard at her job.”

Rock turned to Sam, as he replied, “We will.”

Then, it was Daiyu's turned. Daiyu was completely honest, as she answered, “Since you two judged the talent contest last night, I just wanted to check you two out. The girls told me where to find you.”

Lee thought, 'Nice way to answer, Chang. Straightforward honesty can be used as the perfect cover. Because it offers not questions in polite conversation, to dig deeper, for more information. And it confirms my suspicions.'

Lee around the table, as he said, “Thank you for the information. Now, let us go back to playing cards.”

Scorpius replied, “Of course.”

Daiyu commented, “Yes. I could use some more money.”

Rock said, “So can I.”

Sam then collected the cards from Lee. He put them back into one deck. Shuffled the cards. And he dealt out their next hand.

(_)

As the seven adults continued playing hand after hand of cards, they struck up a casual conversation, with all of them being careful not to tip their hands to the others.

Money moved back and forth from all seven of them.

An hour later, of playing, the stress of the situation was starting to get to Lee, and he poker face was starting to slightly slip.

Lee noticed the reactions from the other places, towards himself. He mentally realized, 'I am starting to get anxious, and they came tell. I have to come up with an excuse. And it is only a half-truth, and not full lie. So, it might not tip Scorpius off.'

Sam noticed Lee state, as well. He turned to Lee, as he asked, “Lee, are you okay?”

Lee turned to Sam, as he thought, 'Damn. He tips my hand. I will just has to use the excuse now.' Lee looked around the table, as he stated, “I sometimes had a problem being around so many sexy women at once.”

The rest the group just laughed, for a few seconds.

As the other adults at the table calm down, Molly commented, “That is very true.” She thought, 'He did something similar, when Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru, introduced him to us. And I believe him.'

Rock thought, 'Now, that Lee is slightly off his game. I can ask him some questions.' Rock turned to Lee, as he asked, “So Lee, why are you in Mexico?”

Lee thought, 'I cannot lie with Scorpius here. So, I just won't tell the whole truth. And then I will change the subject... That would work.' He honestly answered, “Because I am a wanted man back in the states.” He then turned to Scorpius, as he inquired, “So, Halley, are you related to Lotton?”

Lee could see that Violin, Chang, Rock, and Molly were trying to keep themselves from laughing.

Halley stated, “No. Though, I have met Lotton, and given we share the same rare hair color, and similar skin tone, I can see how the mistake could be made.”

Lee replied, “Okay.”

Rock thought, 'Damn. I see this is not going to work. And the longer I stay here, the greater chance of me being exposed to those whom are not the writer.' He looked over at Violin and Scorpius, as he continued his thoughts, 'Also, I will check with Violin, on if Scorpius has anything to say, later.'

Rock looked around the table, as he stated, “Well, to be honest, I think it is time for Molly and I to go.”

Molly turned to Rock, as she looked at Rock's expression. Molly saw that Rock was serious. She continued to look at Rock, as responded, “Yes. I believe I have to meet with my parents soon, anyway.”

Violin realized what was going. She cover Rock and Molly, as she lied, “Yes. And I think Aeryn is expecting me back soon.”

Lee could tell that Scorpius was failing at hiding her smirk, as the three adult make such obvious lies.

Daiyu commented, “And I have things to do today, as well.”

Lee smiled inwardly, as he thought, 'Chang is likely be honest. And it look like they are finally cutting their loses, and calling it a day for this attempt at catching me. And none too soon.'

Though, Lee did not let his guard down, as he watched the Rock, Violin, and Daiyu, collect their money.

Rock, Molly, Scorpius, Violin, and Daiyu, got up from their chairs. They walked over to the bar counter, to pay their tabs, while left their tips for bartender.

Lee watched all five adults leave out the front door, with the door closing behind them.

Lee then watched them, through the windows of the bar, walk to the left side of the building.

When the adults were out of side, at the left front corner of the building, Lee did not show it on the outside. But, he thought, with relief, 'That was too close. But, while I lost a little money. I manage to keep most of what I had on the table. From the look of cash by Sam, he did about the same. Also, my hide is intact.' He then felt that his bladder was full. He mentally added, 'Now, to take a piss.'

Lee turned to Sam, as he said, “I will be right back.”

Sam replied, “No problem.”

Lee then got up, to go to the men's restroom, as the bartender headed to the table, to clean up, for Sam and Lee.

(_)

Outside, near the parking lot of the Rats Nest bar, the five adults came to a stop, at the front left corner of the building, so those inside could not see them, through the windows of the building.

The five adults turned to look at each other.

Violin turned to Scorpius, as she asked, “Did either of those two men lie to us?”

Scorpius answered, “Not once.”

Violin replied, “Thank you, for doing this, Scorpy.”

Scorpius responded, “No problem, John. I am interested in meeting this writer, as well.”

Molly said, in a disappointed tone of voice, “Well, this was a bust.”

Rock commented, “Well, if that is the case, then neither of them are the writer. And that eliminates those two from the suspect list.”

Molly conceded, “Perhaps.”

Rock offered, “Do any of you need transportation to the hotel? Molly would be more than happy drive you there, with us.”

Violin shrugged, as she answered, “Sure.”

Molly commented, “It is parked across the street.”

Violin replied, “Okay.”

Daiyu said, “Well, I really do have errands to run. Though, I plan to swing by there later, this afternoon.”

Scorpius stated, “I have my own way home.” She turned to Violin, as she commented, “Thank you for the tour, John. It was fun.”

Violin turned to Scorpius, as she responded, “You're welcome. And see you later.”

Scorpius replied, “You, as well, John.”

The group then broke up. Violin, walked with Rock and Molly, across the street, to nearby the parking lot, and to Molly's car. Molly car was not the red GTO, but a more modern four door car.

Daiyu walked in a similar direction away from the bar. And Scorpius walked to the left side of the building, and towards the back of the bar, where she planned to use her reality jumping device.

(_)

Through the window, Lee saw the five adults come back in sight, though the windows.

A minute later, the five adults disappeared from his sight.

Lee then thought, 'Now, to deal with something I been wanting to do for almost and hour.' He turned to Sam, as he said, “I will be aback in a minute. To continue our game.”

Sam turned to Lee, as he responded, “Take your time. I am in no rush.”

Lee replied, “Thanks.”

Lee then got up from his chair, and he headed for the door to the men's restroom, near his and Sam's table, close to the middle of the back wall of the room.

(_)

A minute later, Lee was inside the Rats Nest men's restroom.

After Lee relieved himself in one of the urinals, and zipped the fly on his pants back up, he walked over one of the restroom sinks.

While he washed his hands from lukewarm water from the sink, and liquid soap, from a soap dispenser mounted on wall above the sink, he thought, 'The bartender really keeps these restrooms clean. Even the stalls have plenty of toilet paper. Though, I have only been in the men's restroom, I am sure she keeps the women's restroom just as clean, or cleaner.'

Lee finished washing his hands, turned off sink and shook the water off his hands. With him planning to use the blow-drier mounted on the wall, by the sink, in a few seconds. Though, there was a mounted roll of paper talks by the wall, above the trash can. With both those items being on the other side of the blow-drier, from the sink.

As Lee shook his hands, he heard a familiar feminine voice come from one of the stalls behind him, say, “You know. The interesting trick with these reality devices is that such a device will take a person anywhere, or at any time, across the multiverse, itself. Or, just to a nearby men's restroom stall, to wait for a stressed out fool to show up.”

Lee looked into the mirror above the sink to see the reflection of Scorpius standing in the open stall behind him.

Lee quickly turned around to face the alien woman, as Scorpius walked out of the stall.

Scorpius came to a stop, as she stood less than took feet in front of Lee. With Lee's back to the sink.

Scorpius complimented, “You gave quite the performance, at the poker game, Lee. Or should I say, Paul?”

Lee thought, 'Oh crap. My luck just ran out. She will know if I lie to her. So, I might as well play this straight, and out in the open.'

Lee soberly asked, “What tipped you off?”

Scorpius smirked, as she said, “You only lied to me once. And it was that one lie that tipped me off to your identity. You claimed that you were anxious because of sexual attraction, but your sex organ, below you waist never enlarged once. You clearly knew about my heat sense, and the only person from this reality who would recognized me as a woman, on the spot, would be the so-called writer.”

Lee asked, “Now what? Are you going to tell the others?”

Scorpius got closer to Lee, as she stated, “No. I won't tell the others. You see, Lee. You gave me everything I could possibly want, and more. Now, it is my turn to give you something in return.”

Without warning she suddenly kissed him on the lips.

Lee did not dare stop her, as he thought, 'I know where this is going. I am not going to be able to stop this. I might as well do my best to mitigate the situation.'

A few seconds later, as Scorpius broke the kiss, Lee requested, “Before we go any further, please let me pull out of a condom from my pocket.”

Scorpius complimented, “Intelligent thinking. Which is something that I like in any person I am with.”

(_)

Ten minutes later, Sam and the female bartender watched as men's restroom door opened, and Scorpius exited the men's restroom. Her clothes neat and mostly unwrinkled. She had a smile of satisfaction on her lips, as she elegantly walked by the two adults, and towards the front door. She soon exited the Rats Nest, through the front door, without looking back.

A minute later, the men's restroom door opened, and Lee stumbled out of the men's restroom. The front, left side of his shirt was partly untucked. He was missing his hat and glasses. And his hair was a mess.

Lee's look caused both Sam and the bartender to chuckle a little.

Lee walked over the bar counter, to where the bartender was right across the counter.

Lee put his right elbow onto the counter, as he laid the right side of his face, onto the open palm of his right hand. While having his face in his right hand, he turned to the bartender, as he ordered, “A bottle of decent liquor, and a normal glass.”

The bartender retrieved the two items for Lee request, from under the bar counter. She set the glass and sealed liquid bottle on the counter, in front of Lee. She then looked at Lee, as she inquired, “Did you and her?”

With the bottle and glass on the table in front of him, Lee sat up, as he took his right elbow of the table. Lee opened up the liquor and pour some into the glass.

After taking a swallow of the alcoholic drink, he set down the glass. He then looked at the bartender, as he answered, “This is a case where the sex was really good, though quick, with someone I really did not want to do it with. But, it could have been far, far worse. So, I am not going to complain. At least, I had the sense to use a condom.”

The bartender complimented, “Smart thinking. You don't want to get some crazy woman pregnant.”

Lee agreed, “Amen to that. You are preaching to the choir.” He then took another swallow of liquor. After which, he requested, “And could we keep this indiscretion quiet from the others?”

The bartender replied, “Of course.”

At their usual table, Sam overheard the conversation. He stated, with Lee's back to him, “Sure. And if you get drunk. I will even help you get back to the hotel. I am still fairly sober. And I will be fine to drive in about an hour.”

Lee looked at the bartender. He then turned to Sam, as he said, “Thanks guys.” He looked back to the counter, as he drank some more liquor. He thought, 'I am not going to get drunk. I am just going to drink enough take the edge off of the increasing insanity in my life. I am not even going to get buzzed. And I should be fine to drive in a few hours.'

A few minutes later, after Lee was able to collect himself, he returned to the men's restroom to collect his hat and glasses. He then put them on, returned to the main room. He then took the glass, bottle, and cap to the bottle, with him to the table Sam and him had been seated at. A few minutes later, he continued his poker game with Sam.

Though, Lee took his time in drinking. And he did not even get buzzed, as he drank his liquor. After he felt a little better, he capped the bottle of liquor. Which he was planning to pay for. And he then ordered some more lemonade to drink.

(_)

A few hours, after Rock, Molly, Violin, Scorpius, and Daiyu left the Rats Nest bar, around four PM, Chang, was in her female form, as Daiyu, as she walked into the Devil's Hotel restaurant, while wearing the same clothing she had on in the Rats Nest bar.

As Daiyu came to a stop right inside entrance of the restaurant, she looked around the room, and she saw that only other person in the room was the bartender.

The bartender, Melvin, was standing behind the bar counter, on the far side of the bar counter. Where the counter turned to faced the front of the room, with sitting in a stool, on that part of the counter.

With Melvin on the interior side of the counter, he was facing the back of the room, as he used a rag to wipe down the top of the counter.

Daiyu thought, 'Perfect. Last night, River stated these men are smarter than the look. So, I am checking them out. And after meeting Sam and Lee, there clearly is more to these men, than meets the eyes.'

'For example. All my research about this town states two interesting facts about Pedro. First, he is a serious badass. And second, Pedro has a brother that used to run the mafia of this island. And the two of them worked together. If my dates are correct, Pedro brother, Paciano left down a little while after Revy and the others showed up.'

'It is possible Pedro's brother realized whom Revy and the others were, and he ran. Which would be very intelligent of him.'

'Also, none of the cops here have come near this hotel, since Revy and the others came here. Except for collecting the corpses of some fools that underestimated my friends. And with Pedro coming to the talent contest. That could mean that Pedro knows who we are, as well. Which might mean he recognized me, and River, as well. That could cause problems. I will just have to keep an eye on him.”

“Lee and Sam are playing some type of game. I am not sure what. But, they are using poker as a cover. I cannot find anything on either of them. But, that only makes me more interested in them.'

'And now to find out about Melvin. All my research on him states that he has been here for five years. And that everyone seems to like him. But, before five years back, he is a ghost. No records. Nothing.'

'And when I saw his face last night, something in the back of memory makes me think I have met him before. But, that should not be possible... Unless, he is who I think he is. In which case, this city has become even more interesting. Still, he had no accent when speaking english last night. Though, being able to do that might be a sign that he is in hiding.'

'As such, I need to find out if he is who I believe him to be.'

'Now, I just have to play this right, to get what I want from him. While also confirming his identity.'

Then, Daiyu walked over to the bar counter. As she approached Melvin, she saw that Melvin continued to have his back turned to her.

After she sat down in a stool, near the front part of the bar counter, which was facing the left side of the room. She turned to her right side, in her stool, as she looked across the bar, to Melvin. She ordered, in english, “Bartender. I will have a Jack and Cola, with some ice in a glass.”

The bartender let go of his rag, as he leaned up. He then turned to look over at her for a few seconds, before he replied, in english, “Just a minute.”

As Melvin went over to fix Daiyu her drink, he thought, 'Oh crap. Chang is here. And no one else is. This is not good. This is a perfect time to ambush me. Though, if I play this cool, I should be fine. If not. I am going to have to shoot my way out of here. And I have to be honest with myself. My chances are not good.'

'Though, I am happy that she is sitting where Lee and Sam usual sit. Right in front of my Tokarev.'

Melvin first cleaned his hands in a sink, under the bar counter. He then dried his hands on a clean rag. Next, he got a clean glass. He poured a shot of Jack Daniel's whiskey into the glass. He opened a can of Coca Cola, and poured some cola into the glass. Finally, he dropped a couple of pieces of ice into the glass, without allowing the drink to fizz over the glass.

When the drink was finished, Melvin brought the drink over, and set it down, on the counter, in front of Daiyu.

Daiyu picked up the drink, took a sip. She swallowed, and set the drink back down on the counter. She looked up at Melvin, as she complimented, “Good job with the drink. It is just the right mix.”

Melvin flatly said, “I am glad you like it.”

Just as Melvin was about to turn to his left, and walked away, Daiyu requested, in an innocent tone of voice, that didn't fool Melvin for one moment, “Please stay. I like to talk to people as I drink.”

Melvin thought, 'I have no choice, but to play along. Still, it is best to be prepared. Fortunately, Change sat down in the middle of the long end of the counter, where I keep my pistol.'

Melvin turned back to look at Daiyu, as he walked up closer to the bar counter.

Melvin kept his right hand below the bar, right on the grip of the holstered TT thirty-three Tokarev pistol under the counter, in its holster. Though, his pistol had a bullet in the chamber, it was half-cocked, so the trigger could not be accidentally pulled, with the gun firing.

Melvin then slowly pulled his pistol out of its holster, though he kept his pistol below the bar counter, as he pointed it at Daiyu.

As the went on, Melvin maintained a calm mask, as he looked at Daiyu's face. Which him being careful not to look below Daiyu's neckline, and at her breasts.

Meanwhile, Daiyu looked at Melvin's face, as she thought, 'Hmm. Good drink. Now, to get to the heart of the matter.'

Daiyu inquired, “I have a question for you. Have you even been to Thailand?”

Melvin maintained his mask of calmness, as he thought, 'She recognizes me. And she is trying to bait me. Still, Chang is too good for me to try to directly lie to her. I am going to have to play this the long way around.' He coyly said, “Thailand is a long way from Mexico.”

Daiyu hid her smile, as she thought, 'Nice deflection. And that was not a, no. Now, to turned up the heat.' She stated, “I would like to tell you a story.”

Melvin thought, 'I would bet money that Chang's story is about me and her, with it leading up to her knowing who I am. But, I cannot stop the situation.' He said, “Sure.”

Daiyu commented, “A long, long time ago, when I was Thailand, I knew a woman there. She had bodyguards with her. Not that she needed them. And some of those bodyguards were one known as members of the VDV. Or, Vozdushno-Desantnye Vojska...”

Suddenly, Daiyu heard a click, and she immediately went silent. She realized that Melvin's right hand was likely holding a pistol, aimed at her, from under the bar counter, with him using his right thumb to fully cock back the hammer of the weapon. When the pistol hammer was fully cocked back. He removed his thumb to the side of the grip, away from the slide. And he placed his right index finger lightly on the trigger, with him ready to use his weapon at a moments notice.

Melvin thought, 'Screw this. We both know she knows who I am. And I am not good enough to convince her otherwise. I might as well make the first move.'

Melvin looked directly into Daiyu's glasses, as he calmly stated, “Fair warning, Chang. I am a, Han shot first, type of hero.”

Daiyu thought, 'Oh hell. He is Yuirck. And he had read the stories. Still, I can probably dodge the bullet. If I have to. But, I want to know more about him. This is starting to get interesting.' She smirked, as she looked Melvin his eyes. She asked, “So, you have read the stories?”

Melvin thought, 'No point in denying anything, now.' He flatly answered, “Yes. And I have seen the Black Lagoon series. It is interesting to see things through the other side of the looking glass.”

Chang responded, “That is very true. Let me guess. You are using a TT thirty-three Tokarev semi-automatic pistol? By the way, is your pistol a pre-nineteen forty-seven model? Or, a post-nineteen forty-seven model?”

Melvin complimented, “My pistol is a post-nineteen forty-seven model. And you were always sharp, Chang. I admired that about you. Even when we are were on opposing sides, in Roanapur.”

Chang pointed out, “Thanks. And you know you cannot take me. And I came here to chat. Not to fight. And I have no intentions turn you in, for Balalaika...” She then stated, in a more firmer tone of voice, “So, take you hand off your gun, before things turn ugly for you.”

Melvin thought, 'When Chang is in a playful mood, he, or in this case, she, tends to benefit everyone around her.'

Below the counter, Melvin pointed the pistol away from anyone, while he kept his right finger on the trigger guard. He then removed the magazine of his pistol. He set the magazine on a shelf below, and behind the counter. He then used his left hand to pulled back the slide and catch the bullet ejecting from the chamber. After which he dry fired it away from him and Daiyu.

Melvin then loaded the round into the magazine, put the magazine back into the pistol. And with the chamber of the weapon empty, he placed the pistol in the holster, under the bar counter.

Melvin turned to look at Daiyu, and Daiyu looked back at him.

Daiyu complimented, “Now, that is a good boy. So, you are Yurick, the Blade?”

Melvin answered, “Yes.”

Daiyu thought, 'Of all the places for him to end up, it had to be the same place as where Revy and the others think the writer is. I don't think this is completely consequential. But, I have no proof to back that up. Still...' Daiyu said, “Well Yurick, Balalaika has been trying to find you for over a year. She does not like it when one of her men, or except for you, now women, go off the reservation.”

Melvin deadpanned, “I am aware of that. And it has been five year for me. Also, I would prefer that you call me by my alias, Melvin?”

Daiyu commented, “Okay Melvin. And time dilation does have its benefits. You have enjoyed five years of peace, to Balalaika's one year of searching for you. By the way, did I hear correctly, from the girls last night? Did you really take away Revy's pistols from her, and put a knife close to her eyes?”

Melvin cracked a grin, as he responded, “Above her left eye. And yes.”

Daiyu complimented, “That is pure badass. I wish I could have seen it.”

Melvin offered, “Actually, this room has security cameras, and I kept a video copy of me doing that. I can get you a copy of that, if you want?” He thought, 'This might help get me out of this mess.'

Daiyu's smile turned more sincere, as she questioned, “Thank you. So, do you know who the writer is?”

Melvin answered, “I do not know who the writer is. But, it seems that Revy, and most of her crew have gone all, Ahab, on him.”

Daiyu stated, “I know. I almost pity that fool... Almost.”

Melvin countered, “Well, after reading the stories, I found that... Except for the gender bending, and associated problems, he didn't really do anything that horrible to any of you.”

Melvin thought, 'The others, in the vats, in book two, are a different matter. But, I am going to give the writer the benefit of the doubt on that, at the time he wrote book two, he likely didn't realize that was happening to real people, in another part of the multiverse.'

Daiyu replied, “Well, between you and me. I agree with you. I owe him a lot. And I have no intention of looking for him.”

Melvin said, “It is nice that some of you are seeing reason. Though, I fear for this city, if the maids ever found out about those stories.”

Daiyu agreed, “No arguments there. One of them is a handful. Both of them on the warpath, working together, terrifies even me... So, who told you about the stories?”

Melvin answered, “Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru told me.”

Daiyu thought, 'Those three told him. Interesting.' She questioned, “So, they know who you are?”

Melvin answered, “Only those three. And I wish to keep it that way. Anyway, they found out, by searching my room. But, they understood my reasons for hiding. And they agreed to keep my identity a secret to everyone else. Still, they would not have suspected anything, if not for the fact some of my old war buddies had come looking for me.”

Daiyu thought, 'I heard about that.' She complimented, “Outside of the Bloodhound, your group has some of the best trackers I know of.”

Melvin replied, “Yes. And not to brag, but I was a pretty good tracker myself, in my youth.”

Daiyu offered, “I could arrange for you to be young again. If you want.”

Melvin stated, “Oh, I know how you would accomplish that. And if I wanted to be young again, for the price of my manhood, I would have taken Balalaika up on her offer. Also, I know the only reason you gained the ability to change genders back and forth, is that the writer has a wicked sense of humor. And he wanted to see how the Serenity crew would act in such as situation. And you just got lucky that you were a member of the Serenity crew, at the time.”

Daiyu thought, 'He did not skim the stories. He actually did read all of those stories.” Daiyu said, “That is true. And boy was Mal pissed when he found out about the stories.”

Melvin inquired, “Speaking of which. How did you find out about the stories?”

Daiyu thought, 'I might as well tell him. He might even get a kick out of it.' She explained, “All of us were on Mars, having a cookout. The cookout was hosted by the Lowe family. That family knows how to cook some really good American food.”

“Anyway, since B is good friends with the Lowe family, and Jayne is good friends with Bob, I and the rest of the Serenity crew, along with Balalaika, but not her women, were there. Bob had even invited Annie. And I contacted Arcee to join us.”

Melvin stated, “Well, you did give Arcee everything she ever wanted in her revenge. I am not surprised you are still good friends.”

Daiyu responded, “Yes. She is a good friend. And she is one of the few people I trust enough that I don't have to worry, should I turn my back on her. Anyway, Ed also invited friends from the Bebop showed up. I have to say, Julia is really growing up. Such a cute girl. She is ten years old, now.”

Melvin thought, 'So, it has been a few years since the stories ended.'

Daiyu smirked, “I know what you are thinking. It has been a few years, for us, in the Cowboy Bebop reality, since the stories ended. And you are right.”

Melvin thought, 'Damn. She is good.'

Daiyu lips curled into a wicked grin, as she commented, “Yes. I am that good.”

Melvin inquired, “Did River turn you into a telepath?”

Daiyu answered, “No. I am just really good at figuring out what a person are thinking. So, as I was saying, we were at the cookout, talking about a number of things, then, for I guess, shits and giggles, Balalaika drops a few bombshells. And she tells us what she learned from Revy. About a four part stories series, titled, Badasses Of the Multiverse.”

“She told us that the stories were about us. And they actually directly effect us. She even gave us data CD copies of the stories for us to read later.”

Melvin sarcastically stated, “I bet that went over well.”

Daiyu said, “Actually, we took the news quite well. With it coming from Balalaika. Whom is not known for playing jokes. We took her claims at face value.”

“Of course, with her being a fan of the one-two punch, she then dropped her other bombshell. That Revy, and her group were in this reality, on this island, looking for the writer of these stories. So, they could have their revenge on him.”

“Balalaika even offered to set up a betting pool on the writer.”

Melvin asked, “What are the odds of the writer getting away?”

Daiyu stated, “Balalaika set the odds to be fifty to one against the writer in escaping this reality. But, given the army of badasses the writer is facing, I think those odds are very generous.”

Melvin replied, “I agree.”

Daiyu thought, 'I am not surprised you would agree.' She mentioned, “And it goes without saying that all of us agreed not to tell Garcia, nor the maids.”

Melvin responded, “Of course. Nobody wants to start a world war over one man. It has been done before. It did not end well for anyone.”

Daiyu stated, “Exactly. And the more time I spend in this reality. On this island. The more I like it. This town is similar Roanapur. Only this place is a lot more orderly.”

Melvin conceded, “Yes. It is. By the way, did that cookout include the Caxton family?

Daiyu answered, “No. Shane, whom is still alive, male, and in good health, along with his family, wisely avoids us. Except for the Lowe family, when we are not visiting. He really does not know what is going on. As far as I know, he still has that high school american football coaching job, on Mars. Well, that Mars.”

“Thought, I guess the Lowe family could have told him. Still, with the stories came to light, the Lowe family, and Bebop crew, politely asked us, including Revy's group, to leave the Caxton family alone, and we all agreed to respect their wishes.”

Melvin stated, “That is comforting to know. I was wondering about Shane and his family. After seeing the whole Blood Trail arc, from the anime point of view, I gained a measure of respect for that man. Not many people would literally put their lives into the hands of their victims. And at the end, he continued to make amends to the Lovelace family.”

Daiyu replied, “You got that right. Though, not the brightest of ideas. I do admire his guts for doing that. Before I knew of Shane. I did not even believe such men existed. Not even Rock, at his best, was that honorable.”

Melvin inquired, “I agree. Now, to the matter at hand. Let me guess. Eventually, you found out that Balalaika lost me here. And with Revy, and her group here, you decided to check things out.”

Daiyu complimented, “You are pretty sharp, yourself Melvin. A week later, after we had the chance to all thoroughly read the stories. And that was a long read. I learned directly from Balalaika, that she also traced you here, to the same hotel that Revy was in.”

“I know that Balalaika was baiting me. That she wanted me to check out this place, time, and reality for her. But, the bait was too tempting, so I came here anyway. When I learned about the talent contest, I decided to make my entrance then, with River by my side.”

Melvin thought, 'Okay. So, you already knew about this place, during that cookout, which happened a week before you heard Balalaika lost me here. Not good. Still, I need to find out how many I of your group, that I have to worry about coming here, to make a mess, while looking for the writer.'

Melvin inquired, “You always were one to make a dramatic entrance. So, how many of you, in your group, are after the writer's throat?”

Daiyu answered, “Not many. And before you ask, most of us could either care less, or want to thank the writer for various things. For example, River likes the writer for helping her become saner. Of those among us, just Mal and Spike want to make the writer suffer. Though, I feel that Balalaika wants to have a word with him, as well. But, even I admit that your former captain can be hard to read.”

Melvin replied, “Yes. She has always been like that. Though, I am surprise that Boris isn't pissed off at the writer.”

Daiyu commented, “Surprisingly, B is not upset. Because the writer gave B the time of both his, and her, life.”

Melvin responded, “From what I read, I do not disagree with your assessment. So, what do you want? You didn't just come here to talk, and out me, as a former Hotel Moscow member. You always have an ulterior motive to your actions.”

Daiyu said, “You are quite correct. I need eyes and ear here, on Revy, and her friends. In exchange, I will keep your secret.”

Melvin flatly stated, “I am not spying on them. Because anything you can do, they will do worse. I would rather turned myself over to Balalaika, than piss those women off.”

Daiyu thought, 'That does make sense. And he has given me a lot of information. So, I got something out this conversation. As such, I will cut him some slack.' She conceded, “You have a point there. And since you have been such a good host, I will keep your secret, for free.”

Melvin responded, “Thank you for seeing reason, Chang. And be warned. If you plan to move to this city, there are things you need to know.”

Daiyu asked, “Such as?”

Melvin answered, “I have been in this city for years. I know the people here. And I know how this town is run. In a lot of ways, this city is more dangerous than Roanapur. There probably more badasses per capita here, than in Roanapur.”

“The only difference is, unlike the rebellious attitudes of those badasses in Roanapur, the badasses of De La Plata Podrido have nothing to prove. They know they are badasses. They come here to live quiet lives, and raise families.”

“If you value your life, do not disrupt their lives. And do not harm them, nor their families.”

“And a number of these badasses are my friends. And a few of them could probably hold their own against the Bloodhound, after her upgrades.”

“In other words, do not cause too much trouble. I have seen what happens when trouble comes to this town. When fools come to this island to make trouble for the locals here. The reprisals are on par with just about anything we dished out, back in Roanapur.”

Daiyu said, “I will keep that in mind.”

Melvin mentioned, “By the way, the drink is on the house. And you can keep the glass.”

Daiyu thought, 'He is subtly telling me to leave. And I admire the way he is doing so. Given he has already told me what I wanted to know, I will respect his wishes, and leave.'

Daiyu said, “Thank you. And have a pleasant day.”

Melvin did not respond, as he watch the women pick up her glass, stand up from her seat, turn towards the front of the room, and calmly walk out the open double-door entrance.

Daiyu exited the room, and turning right, down the hallway, towards the front lobby, and parking lot, where she had her car parked.

When Daiyu was out of Melvin's sight, Melvin carefully pulled out his pistol. He pulled back the slide, to chamber a round, and cock the hammer. He then used both hands to very carefully set his pistol hammer back to being half cocked.

With that done, he placed his pistol back in its holster, under the bar counter.

Melvin then thought, with worry, 'I am so screwed. And there is likely nothing I can do about it.'

Melvin then reflected on his situation for a little while, before some more normal customers came into the bar, and Melvin went back to his job, as the bartender for the hotel restaurant.

(_)

Later that night, Lee was walking down a sidewalks, by a street in the city, to where he had parked his car.

After the long day Lee had, Sam respected his wishes that he wanted some time to himself. So, he skipped supper at the Devil's Hotel. He had not even gotten buzzed that afternoon from the liquor he had. He had not even been drink. With him only drinking for half an hour.

Lee then just had some iced lemonade for the next number of hours, that Sam, and himself, played poker, at the Rats Nest.

As such, Lee had sobered up, by the time he and Sam had to leave. They pay for bills, and left their tips. After which, with Lee sober, he drove Sam to the Devil's hotel, where he dropped Sam, at the entrance to the front lobby of the hotel.

After Lee dropped Sam off at the Devil's Hotel, he went to deserted part of the beach to watch the sunset, and think about his life. Both the recent events in his life, and the much older events in his life.

It was thirty minutes after dark, with Lee look at the waves crashing on the beach, from his car, as he sat on the front hood, when he finally decided to get some super.

Lee then got into his car, started the car, with the headlights on. He then decided where he wanted to go for a late dinner.

Lee wanted to take his mind off his problems, and felt like getting something to eat for dinner at the American Steakhouse he took Eda to, a while ago, would help.

And the meal there did help him. Also, the steak he had was tasty, and tender.

Presently, Lee parked he car, a block from the restaurant. The reason for this was that he didn't want chance any of the women in Revy's crew, nor Chang, or River, learning that he was eating dinner there.

Even Lee realized his pink Cadillac stuck out like a sore thump.

Lee did all this so that he could relax and let his guard down a bit. And it worked.

After paying for the dinner, and leaving a tip, he left the restaurant, to walk to his car.

As he passed by an alleyway, suddenly, several arms grab him from behind, and dragged him into a dimly lit alleyway.

His attackers placed his back against the wall, and he was who is was.

Lee said three girls, in their late teens. They wear all slender and athletic in build. One was a redhead. Another was a pink haired girl. And the third had black hair.

Lee also noted the black haired girl had a ring on her right fourth finger.

Still, Lee was not upset at the situation he was in, considering he know exactly how to handle this. He smirked, as he said in chinese, “From the look of your clothing and weapons. I am guessing that you are chinese amazons. First, I have no interest in fighting you, what so ever. That would be a no win situation for me, from either being engaged to one of you, or being killed. Though, it might not be a good idea to take me away, right now.”

From the shadows in front of Lee, a woman stepped out that Lee recognized.

It was River. She said, in chinese, “He is right. I told you girls this would not be easy. And you cannot take him from his past.”

Lee smiled, as he casually said, “Hi River. I believe this is the first time we have formally met, outside of that talent contest.”

River replied, “Given this is time travel. It depends on your point of view.”

Lee agreed, “Very true, River. And I want you to know. I am a big fan of yours. And it is not just because of your body. It is your intelligence and skills. I am so happy you were able get your head mostly back on straight, by the end of that movie.”

River smiled, as she commented, “Sanity does have its advantages. And you helped me out some more, in that department. Thank you.”

Lee stated, “You're welcome. Too bad about Wash and Book, though. But, I am sure they are in a better place.”

River replied, “I plan on looking into their situations, after this whole mess with you is resolved.”

Lee said, “Well, good luck. I am guessing this is Ranma's bright idea. And I admit, it is a good one. Given the tracking skills Shampoo displayed at the beginning of the Ranma Half series, it would be logical to send them after me. Care to introduce me to these women?”

River responded, “Sure. The redhead is named, Rose. The pink haired girl is, Violet. The raven haired girl is named, Dongmei.”

Lee cracked a grin, as he said, “Better than being named after haircare products.”

River grin got slightly wider, as she replied, “I fully agree.”

Lee casually joked, “River, and her pretty flowers.”

River giggled. She then asked, “Are you flirting with me?”

Lee smiled, as he responded, “River, you are one of the most badass individuals in existence. I would rather make you happy, than sad, or angry.”

River complimented, “Then, this is a good approach.”

Dongmei spoke up, “Why is this fool not worried about us?”

Rose stated, “Dongmei is right. You don't look so surprised to see us.”

Lee explained, “Well, I already had a groundhogs time loop in the present. Along with visitors from the past. So, I am due for a visit from the future. You all being here means I escaped, and they had to use other alternative means to catch me. Besides, take a look upwards.”

All five of them looked up, and it looked like small energy fractures were forming in the night sky.

Violet said, “Oh my.”

Lee said, “River, I would thought you would have explained the rules to them, by now. I guess I will explain them to you. Girls, that is a paradox forming. If you take me from this timeline right now, or blow my cover, reality itself may collapse. Even I didn't dare fully imagine how bad that would be for reality, itself.”

Everyone looked back at each other.

Rose asked, “How do you know the rules?”

Lee smirked, as he replied, “Honey, I literally wrote these rules.”

River said, “Girls, we have to leave him here.”

Lee said, “It is okay. Given how skilled you are, I am sure you will meet me, again. Anyway, have a nice day.”

Lee then walked back to the street, leaving the girls to their own devices, as he headed for his car.

Look took quick look up at the sky, and he saw that the night sky had returning to normal.

Lee dropped his grin, as he let out a breath, in relief. He then thought, 'That was a close one.'

Lee then began thinking of what those chinese amazons looked like.

He thought, 'They were pretty...' He eyes widened, as he remember a few things about one of the girls in that group.

Lee mentally realized, 'What a minute. That ring the black haired girl had on her right forth finger... Though the ring seemed bigger... And her name...'

Lee then recalled one of the more interesting weeks of his time loop, as he immediately reached under his shirt, from his neckline, for the necklace he wore.

While still walking towards his car, Lee pulled it out his ring, and he looked the ring he had looped the string thought.

Lee then tucked his ring necklace back under his shirt. He thought, with mild amusement, 'Ah hell. You got to be kidding me... Well, on the bright side, my cancer will be gone. But, why didn't she recognize me... Of course the amazon brainwashing shampoo. At least she is healthy, and from the look in her eyes, she is sane, and probably happy. And like before, magic explains the black hair.'

Lee continued walking, as he smiled, as he started laughing for several seconds. He continued his thoughts, 'I take this hiding in plain sight to the extreme.'

Lee soon reached his car, and he then headed back to the Devil's Hotel to get some rest.

(_)

The next day, was an average day for Lee and Sam. With things settling down for them, after the talent contest. Except for one difference for Lee.

Someone, driving a modern, black, four door sedan tried to follow him to his meeting with Pedro. Though, he lost the one following him. Lee did this, by doing a low speed chase, and use his extensive knowledge of the roads on the island of De La Plata Podrido.

It was seven ten PM, when Lee reached the Last Resort Diner. Lee saw that Pedro was not that.

As Lee walked to the back right corner booth, which he saw was empty, he thought, 'Before I got here, tonight, I had to lose a tail. And I need to talk to Pedro about who I think it is. I don't see Pedro here. I guess Pedro had similar trouble.'

Lee then sat in their usual booth, in the back right corner of the Last Resort Diner. It was his turn to set with his back to the wall, which allow him to look around the room, and entrance to the dinner.

By then, Mary, the waitress walked up to Lee's booth.

Mary asked, in english, “What can I get for you, Lee?”

Lee looked up at Mary, as he answered, “Nothing at the moment. But, maybe later.”

Mary replied, “Okay.” She then went to serve her other customers, whom were not near the booth Lee was sitting in.

Lee then patiently waited for Pedro do show up.

A few minutes later, Lee saw Pedro walked into the diner.

Pedro turned to his right. Lee and Pedro then looked at each other. After which, Pedro walked over to their booth. sat down, across from him, in their booth.

As Pedro got comfortable in his seat, he looked at Lee. He said, in english, “Sorry, I'm late. But, I had to lose a tail.”

Lee thought, 'I guess I was right? And I wonder if it was the same type of car. If so, it would confirm that the same group was following us. And we can guess who.'

Lee inquired, “Was it a modern, black, four door sedan?”

Pedro immediately picked up on the underlying meaning of Lee's question. Pedro asked, “Did someone follow you in a the same type of car, as the one that followed me, until I lost it?”

Lee stated, “Yes. And we both know who organized those tails for us.”

They said, in unison, “Chang.”

Pedro commented, “I was afraid of this.”

Lee stated, “I would not worry, too much. This is only a logical step he would take, if he plans to set up shop here. He likely doesn't know anything. He is just putting out feelers, considering he saw us judging that talent contest.”

Pedro agreed, “That is likely true. Do you still want to have these meetings?”

Lee answered, “Yes. We will both just have to be more careful in getting here. And leave a little earlier.”

Pedro stated, “Agreed. Speaking of setting up shop, on top of my brother's home, my contacts informed me that Chang bought the other large hotel in town. On the opposite side of the island, from the Devil's Hotel.”

Lee asked, “The hotel on the south end of the island?”

Pedro responded, “Yes. So, with Revy and her crew, in the Devil's Hotel, on the north end of the island. And Chang and his crew in the hotel on the south in the island. I am basically facing problems from both the north and the south.”

Lee thought, 'There is a War Between The States joke in there. But, I don't feel like telling it. So, instead...' Lee sarcastically inquired, “That is just great. Any idea what he plans to do?”

Pedro answered, “Yes. I was talking with another set of contacts on the mainland, this afternoon, and Chang has clearly been here a while. He has already made some very expensive bribes to some powerful players in the government, to look the other way.”

“If what I am hearing in town as well, is true. I think he is going to remodel the hotel as casino, with him setting up his criminal organization here. In your stories, you should have never made his front organization be a casino, with him the casino owner.”

Lee shrugged, as he commented, in a casual tone of voice, “He had the flair for it. But, are least we know where he is, that still gives us an edge.”

Pedro said, “Perhaps. Also, I won't have to worry about him for a while. It will take several months to renovate that hotel.”

Lee sighed. He then stated, “I would not be too sure about that. The man has resources. He will probably have that done within a week.”

Pedro muttered, “That figures.” He then looked at Lee, as he inquired, in a normal tone of voice, “Who should we expect to be with him?”

Lee answered, “Likely, some of his previous subordinates. Also, the Serenity crew, and maybe the Bebop crew. Though, I doubt Ed, nor Ein will be with them, for obvious reasons. Though, Spike will likely bring Julia with her.”

Pedro replied, “That makes sense.”

Pedro thought, 'Though, I will not do anything on Chang's personal, one way of the other, until I can confirm who is with him. Though, there is the elephant in the room, that needs to be asked.

Pedro inquired, “What about Balalaika, B, and Hotel Moscow?”

Pedro mentally reflected, 'If they show up in a big way. I might at least tip Melvin off to them. And help him get off the island. I have a few favors I can call if I want to help someone like that. Or, if I want to disappear, myself. Before, I am disappeared by someone else.'

Lee said, “I doubt Balalaika, B, and Hotel Moscow will come on board. At least not immediately. Balalaika likes to see how a situation turns out, before she walks onto the scene. So, we have some breathing space, on this front. But, not much.”

Pedro thought, 'Okay. Melvin still has a little time to figure out what he wants to do. And so do I. Still...' Pedro stated, “The worst part is that I cannot call for help. They would either not believe me, and perhaps have me committed to a lunatic asylum. With them, at the very least stripping me of my authority. Or, if they did believe me, they will more likely level the city with aerial bombardment, just to make sure they killed these badasses. With the reprisal, from the friends of these badasses, possibly destroying this planet.”

Pedro went onto say, with a sharper, more serious tone of voice, “And I don't think that Chang is going to follow you, once you escape.”

Lee pointed out, “If I can get Revy and her group to follow me, that just leaves Chang and his crew. They are dangerous, but you could probably handle them. You stated you have some badasses in reserve, if you needed them. You might have to call in those markers.”

Lee thought, 'I don't remember if Pedro told me about his reserves in the time loop, or before the time loop. It was just so long ago, that I don't clearly remember.'

'Though, given the seriousness of the situation, I am sure that either way, Pedro will let my comment slide. Still, I need to be careful about slipping like this, again.'

Pedro mentally wondered, 'How do he know about my reserves?... No that it really matters. I may have told him and forgotten.'

Pedro said, “You are right. I just might have to call them in.”

Lee then remember something, as he thought, 'I am going to have to tell Pedro about this yesterday afternoon. If he finds out on his own. Which he might, then he will be upset with me. But, I will give him the edited version of what happened.'

Lee said, in a calm tone of voice, “Oh. Onto a few other matters. I have some interesting news. I met Scorpius, yesterday. Yes. The female version from my stories. Post book four. Violin brought her by the Rats Nest bar for a visit with Sam and I.”

Pedro replied, with worry in his tone of voice, “Oh crap.”

Lee stated, “Calm down. It was not a bad meeting. Violin was there. And Violin gave her the alias, Halley.”

Pedro could not help, as snicker a little at the alias that Violin gave Scorpius. He then said, “Oh yea. Harvey and Halley. I get the joke.”

Lee grinned, as he responded, “I know. So do I. Anyway, she was in town, only for yesterday. So, she was not here to stay. The bad news is she realized who I was. The good news is she said she will keep my identity a secret from the others. And given I am still free, over twenty-four hours after she said she would, I believe what she said.”

Pedro pointed out, “Well, you did give Scorpius a healthy body, and an Empire to run. One of the positive traits that Scorpius has, is that he, or in this case, she knows when to be grateful to someone.”

Lee replied, “Very true. And I think she is very happy with what I gave her. So, I am fine there.”

Pedro noticed something was off about Lee. He took a close looked at Lee's face, as he realized, 'Is he using poker face, right now?... He is... Though, why would he?...' Pedro inquired, in a serious tone of voice, “There is more to this story? Isn't there?”

Lee began, “Well...”

Pedro said, “Come on. Spit it out. It is not like you had sex with the woman...”

Pedro then noticed Lee's expression slightly change to embarrassment, as he his cheeks blushed, at the mention of the word, sex.

Pedro guessed, “You did have sex with her? Didn't you? How could you? Eda, I could understand. But, Scorpius. Dear lord, I thought you had standards.”

Lee verbally defended himself, “First, as a woman, Scorpius is hot.” His lips curled into a mischievous grin, as he continued, “Damn, I do good work in the category.”

Pedro snorted, as he stated, “Yes. We learned that at the nights talent show, two nights ago. Even Chang was hot in her female form.”

Lee agreed, “Yes. I know. Anyway. Second, she ambushed me in the men's restroom of the Rats Nest. And with her super-strength, I did not have much choice in the matter. But, I did use a condom.”

Pedro commented, “That was a smart move. Likely, the only smart move, for you, in that entire situation. Though, still a smart move. So, how was it?”

Lee answered, “Quick, but good.”

Pedro said, “Okay. Still, that was a close call.”

Lee deflated, “I know.”

Lee thought, 'I better tell him about the amazons. It is not really bad news after all. Though, will be selective of what I tell him.'

Lee said, in a more calm tone of voice, “Well, I do have other good news. Last night, I was ambushed by some chinese amazons from the same reality, as I guess that Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru are from. And River, from the future, was there, leading them.”

Pedro pointed out, with concern in his tone of voice, “That does not sound like good news.”

Lee grinned, as he responded, “It does when I get to the good parts. The second the amazons tried to kidnap me, the night sky started to tear from the paradox. But, the sky returned to normal, the moment River stepped in, and made the three chinese amazon leave this reality, with her. That means we are working under the same time rules as I made in my stories.”

“And this also means that I will eventually escape this reality. And Revy and the others will at least follow me. So, all I have to do is be careful, and figure how to escape this reality.”

Lee thought, 'I will leave the other details of that meeting alone. It is best not even to think about those details, with River in town. She might read my thoughts, and then I am screwed.'

Pedro said, “Well then, good luck, Lee. Though, the fact that River from the future aided you might mean you did not get on her bad side. And you are probably on her good side.”

Lee agreed, “Yes. I consider that a plus.”

Pedro inquired, “So, any serious problem today, beside someone trying to tail us both, just now?”

Lee responded, “No. How about you?”

Pedro casually said, “No. Just another day at the office, for me.”

The two men then continued their conversation, with more casual subject, for another ten minutes.

When they concluded their discussion, they left the diner, and headed to their homes, to get some much deserved sleep.

(_)

A week later, Lee and Pedro found out that they were both correct.

That Chang did buy the large hotel on the island. It was located on the opposite side of the island from the Devil's hotel. With Chang's new hotel also being by the beach.

During the renovation of the hotel, Lee took an opportunity one day to drive by building, with his pink car. He saw that it was around the same size as the Devil's Hotel. Even during the time loop, he had not paid much attention to the building, so he was not sure.

Also, it only took Chang, with his interdimensional resources, a little over a week to completely remodel, and have the hotel ready to be opened. This included him bringing in his own people to be the employees for the new casino.

With the employees housing being located in the lower levels of the casino. Except for Chang and River, whom lived in an apartment, on the penthouse level of the building.

Pedro heard about much of them, except for the interdimensional information. He then informed Lee during a nightly meeting. With the two of them putting together the pieces and filling in the blanks for each other.

Also, they were occasionally tailed by other cars, during the day and evening. But, given the skills and knowledge both Lee and Pedro had of the roads of Plata Podrido, they had no problems losing those following them. Before they met each other, in the evening, at the Last Resort Diner.

Fortunately, during this time, nothing serious had happened to neither Lee, nor Pedro. With Lee spending his time with Sam. Though, Sam disappeared on occasion. But, Sam did leave a message at the Devil's Hotel check in desk. So, Lee would know how long Sam would be gone.

Though, Pedro know there was nothing he could do to stop the casino from opening. And he knew better than to try to oppose Chang so directly.

The day after Chang had finished with his casino, had held a grand opening, with him christening his new casino, Daiyu Palace Casino.

Both Pedro and Lee found Chang naming the casino after his female side to be arrogant, and in line with Chang's personality.

And while Lee and Pedro avoided the grand opening, for obvious reasons, such as avoiding River, Revy and the other women, whom went to the opening.

Though, it was reported that the people whom attended the grand opening, had a great time.

(_)

The next morning, after the grand opening of Daiyu Palace Casino, during breakfast at the hotel restaurant, Revy walked over to Lee and Sam, at the bar counter, just as the two men had finished their breakfast.

Revy bragged about how great the opening to the Casino was.

While Lee sat beside Sam, at the bar counter, at their usual place, they had both turned around in their stools, with their backs to the bar counter, so they could both facing Revy.

Eventually, Revy got to the point of why she had wanted to talk to them.

Revy stated, “Given you two are gamblers, I am surprised that I did not see you to at that grand opening of the casino.”

Lee commented, “Given I am precognitive, I am not going anywhere near a casino. If I can help it. They would likely accuse me of cheating. And I like my legs and arms to remain intact.”

Sam said, “I know better than to play professional sharks at poker.”

Revy shrugged, as she replied, “That is understandable.”

Lee thought, 'This would be a great opportunity to ask a simple introduction question. So, I don't later slip up with the information that I already know. And the information that Pedro is secretly giving me.'

Lee asked, “So, who is the owner of that place?”

Revy answered, “A man named, Chang. I have known him, off and on, for years. He is a nice guy. Just don't get on his bad side.”

Lee replied, “Okay. Thanks for the warning.”

Revy said, “No problem.”

Sam asked, “So, any problems with your group? Given what some of your group has done, during your stay here. And that we all currently live in the same hotel. I would like to know, for my continued well being.” He turned to Lee, as he continued, “Among other people.” He then looked back at Revy.

Lee continued to look at Revy, as he heard Sam's question. He also noticed that Sam had looked at him. He thought, 'Nice Sam. Real nice. Now, that is a fishing question, even I am leery on asking, for a number of reasons. Still, I would like that answer, as well. I can only be helpful to me. And since you, Sam, asked that question. Such inquiry cannot blow back on me.'

Revy answered, “Not really. Though, I am a bit annoyed, right now, with Rock, Dutch, Benny, and Janet. All of them of them wouldn't let me, nor the girls place any of the bets. Though, none of the others placed any bets, either.”

Sam stated, “Revy, consider that a good thing. If you gamble like you drink, you would likely be broke within an hour.”

Lee remained calm, as he thought, with worry, 'Oh crap. I hope Sam did not just piss off, Revy. Even after all the training in the time loop, I am not sure I can take her.' He looked over at the tables by the stage, where Revy's family and friends were. He continued his thought, 'Let alone her nearby friends.'

Lee looked back at Revy, as he forced himself to remain calm.

Revy was silent for a few seconds. She then said, in a calm tone of voice, “Perhaps you are right. I use to lose a lot of money to Eda, when we drank together, and played cards.”

Lee did not show it in the outside. But inwardly, he felt relief, as he thought, 'Good. She took the comment well. Though, I do have question for her.'

Lee inquired, “So, I take it that none of you will be moving to that new casino?”

Revy replied, “Nope. We are perfectly happy here.” She mentally added, 'Where we can be closer to finding the writer. It does not take a genius, that with River publicly showing that she is still with Chang. As they showed at the talent contest. That the writer will avoid the casino like the plague.'

'Still, these two fools also have good reasons to avoid the casino. And Violin confirmed, from Scorpius, that neither of them are the writer. So, I don't need to worry about them.'

'Though, Molly is not completely sure. But, we will allow her to continue her inquire, if she wishes to do so. But, that is another matter.'

Lee thought, 'I wonder...' He questioned, “By the way, speaking of Eda, what drinks did you two mostly have, when you played cards?”

Revy commented, “Rum and whiskey. Why do you ask?”

Lee kept his poker face up, as he thought, with amusement, 'Oh. This is going to be so much fun to ask.'

Lee inquired, in a casual tone of voice, “Well, some types of rum and whiskey look like apple juice. So, are you sure she was drinking alcohol, at the same time you were?”

Revy eyes went wide, as she flatly stated, with anger evident in her voice, “That bitch!” She then turned around, and marched back towards her friends, at the tables near the stage.

Lee forced himself to hold back his laughter, Lee and Sam turned back, in their stools, to face the bar counter.

Lee inwardly smirked, as he thought, with delight, 'That will get her off my back for a day. And I doubt she will hurt Eda. I just hope that Eda does not find out that I mentioned this to Revy. I do not her to be upset with me.'

Lee and Sam then went back to enjoying their day, together.

To be continued.

up
34 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Much going on here

Lee has survived a full-blown non-violent attack by the girls. It helped him that he had some help from one of the biggest badasses in the multiverse. It also seems that Chang and River are putting up roots in the city. Maybe they are trying to reconstruct the city in Thailand that they, or at least Chang came from. Another hint on the future of Lee. He is attacked by future characters and it appears he survives to escape. Not sure what his eventual destination is, though some hint that he might not have much of a central position in his future. Oh well, I am sure that you will let us know.