Hook Shot

Printer-friendly version

Hook Shot

by

Paula Dillon

What can a simple game of 'Make It Take It' lead to. Surely it can't change a life or several lives can it.

Thursday Cody finished his reading and did the assigned work for his classes at the University. He just needed to go by the library for some research on an English paper, which he needed to turn in, in two weeks. He always tried to keep ahead in his class work so that he had plenty of free time. He was a nineteen year old, first semester freshman at the University of Texas Arlington.

He grabbed his basketball and headed out to the basketball courts his apartment had. It was a cool November evening. A couple of the courts already had some people playing, but he went directly to an empty court and started dribbling and shooting. Cody was a deadly shooter and if he played on a team, he would be an assassin at point guard shooting ninety percent from inside of fourteen feet. He was also a good fast break artist, if he wasn’t guarded by somebody when the opposition scored or turned over the ball, nobody was going to catch him, if his team threw the ball deep enough that he didn’t need to slow down.

His main problem was that he was only five feet four inches tall and he couldn’t play well against swarming zone defenses, nor could he shoot outside twenty feet very well. He played high school ball for four games. He chewed up the team on the first game and made a name for himself.

In the second game the defense wouldn’t give him any room, because they could see that he wouldn’t shoot outside the three point line, where he was only one for ten. If he drove in the defense would collapse on him and he would have a hard time passing the ball back out to his teammates. If he were one on one with six foot plus players, he could eat them alive; he just never learned how to handle being double or triple teamed. Five on five was absolutely no joy for Cody, if the players were competent. On top of all of that he only shot about fifty percent from the charity stripe, so he was always a prime candidate to be fouled.

So he was just content to shoot hoops by himself. He practiced his jump shots, layups, hook shots and free throws.

He had been playing about twenty minutes, when he heard a woman say, “Hey you’re pretty good. Wanna play some one on one?”

Cody stopped, retrieved the ball and turned to the voice. A very tall girl was coming on to his court. The girl had to be six foot two, maybe six foot three. She had long blonde hair up in a bun, a very pretty face, small boobs for her size, no waist or hips and looked to be as stout as a telephone pole. He knew who she was, he just had to think, “You’re ah… Crystal Davis, right? I am Cody Dalton.” He said, throwing her the ball.

Crystal was one of the players on UTA’s Lady Mavericks basketball team, she played power forward.

“You got it right Cody. Make it, take it for twenty points?” She asked.

“Your ball, let’s go,” Cody said, tossing the mountainous girl the ball.

“The game is on.”

They played a hard fought game. Crystal sunk her first three shots from the outside. On her fourth shot, she rimmed it and Cody was all over the ball. He then began to school her on how point guards play and used his whole repertoire of skills. He sank his next six shots. They were both wearing silly grins on their faces. She finally blocked his seventh shot from behind and recovered the ball. She was just as fast as Cody, just not as quick on her feet. She drove the basket on him and his jaw hung wide open as she jumped up and dunked the ball.

They went back and forth a couple of times, but Cody won their first game, by two points. They then played another game. Cody was brutal towards Crystal, driving past her to shoot a fade away jump shot, hook shot or a backdoor layup shot. Crystal was built of stern stuff though and once she got the lead she didn’t let go of it.

They started a third game and Crystal was frustrated by Cody driving right by her and scoring. The next time he tried that on her she hooked her arm across his chest, snaked her hand into his arm pit and picked up a loudly complaining Cody. He was hollering for her to put him down, he was disturbed, but he wasn’t about to try to hurt her though. She shut him up the only way she knew how too. Still holding him off the ground, she kissed him and stuck her tongue down his throat. Cody just melted in her embrace.

After a minute or so, the kiss ended and they were both smiling, although Cody’s eyes were glazed over a bit more.

“That was interesting,” Crystal said.

“Yes it was, will you please put me down now?”

Crystal gave him another brief kiss and put him down on the ground gently.

They sat on the ground and talked about basketball, school, basketball and other mundane things, till it was late and then they parted. Crystal told him that she would be back here tomorrow at five. She needed to get into shape for the start of the season in two weeks.

>>>>><<<<<

The next day after his classes were done, he got dressed in his sweat pants, jacket and basketball shoes. He got down to the court at about four thirty. He did his stretches and warm up, before he began shooting baskets.

About five after five Crystal showed up and after a quick warm up they began playing again. They played four quick games, with Cody winning two. Crystal was a quick learner and began adjusting to the way Cody played. There weren’t any blow outs, both players were just two good.

“Why aren’t you playing on the Mavericks team, Cody?”

“Too many University teams are playing zone defenses. A good point guard has to be a scoring threat, or he hurts his team. I just can’t seem to get a hang of playing against zone defenses. I attack, they swarm, I pick up my dribble and can’t find my teammates because of all the much taller players. I get a five second count or I get tied up. That ain’t no good. I can’t stand being the reason my teams were losing. I tried for months, with no improvement in high school, so I left rather than penalize my team.”

“I see what you mean. There have only been a few great point guards below five foot ten.”

“Muggsy Bogues was five foot three. The next shortest was Earl Boykins and he was taller than me at five foot five inches tall. Five foot seven is where you start seeing more players.”

“I’m hungry and we stink. Let’s get cleaned up and go out to eat, my treat,” Crystal said.

“Ok, sounds good to me. What apartment are you in?”

“Apartment 2215, be there in an hour.”

Cody hurried to his apartment. He did the three S’s, although there wasn’t really much sense in shaving the few hairs on his face. They only poked their way out every seven to ten days. There were three places he had any hair. He wore his auburn hair shoulder length; he had hair in his armpits and pubic hair.

He then dressed in nice pair of Levis’ 501 jeans, a blue long sleeve pearl snap western shirt and a pair of Lucchese full quill ostrich boots. He had the boots custom made in El Paso for his last birthday. They had double thick soles, a three inch stacked heel and an inch of lift hidden inside the boot. Lucchese had made boots like that for other short men before. He wore his pant legs inside the boots so the fancy stitching on the shaft could be seen. It was like a girl wearing a pair of four inch platform heels. He just never thought of it that way.

As he walked over to Crystal’s apartment, he wondered about what the hell he was doing. This girl was pretty enough to be way out of his league and standing next to her made him look like a ten year old boy standing next to his adult big sister.

When he got to her apartment he knocked and was surprised when another girl who had to be six foot five opened the door. He had to look up to see her face. Her large tits, they must be 36DD’s or larger, could have poked his eyes out. He recognized her as the Lady Mavericks center, Linda Cooper. She was six foot five inches tall, it didn’t help that she was wearing maybe four inch stilettoes. Crystal was beautiful; Linda was a stone cold fox, except her face was a little too long. It threw her face out of proportion.

“Hi, I am here to see Crystal.”

“Oh hello, you must be Cody. Please come on in. Crystal is just putting on her makeup. Then we will be going out. I hope pizza is ok with you.”

“Pizza sounds great to me,” Cody said, as he came inside.

He was certainly glad he had worn his boots; still he got a crick in his neck looking up at Linda’s eyes. He felt like cracking a tall joke, but restrained himself. They must have heard them all and not appreciated a single one.

He sat on the couch and she sat opposite him, which was a relief as he didn’t have to look up as much and her breasts would have been at eye level to him.

“Crystal tells me that you are a hotshot basketball player.”

“I’m only so-so. I am good on break away plays and man on man. If the defense is playing a zone defense that swarms on the ball, I blow chunks. I wind up picking up my dribble and tying up the ball. I can’t shoot from three point land and I am fifty/fifty from the foul line. I am pretty good at defense though, I am all hands when someone tries to dribble past me, but defense alone won’t get you a seat on the bench.”

“Don’t I know it? It took me a lot of practice to be able to shoot well. Young girls aren’t taught to shoot baskets, like guys are taught. It’s just been in the last two years, that I have gotten so good.”

“I saw ya’ll play in the tournament last week. You had what ten blocked shots and scored twenty three points.”

“I am surprised. Most guys don’t pay us girls that much attention, when it comes to sports.”

“I like watching the girls play. I liked the game Amy Lindstrum played when she scored thirty eight points. Fifteen of them from three point range.”

“She actually scored a four point play, when she was fouled while shooting a three pointer.”

“Then Crystal intercepted the inbound pass and sunk a three pointer.”

“Nothing but net,” Linda said. “That seven point swing saved the game for us.”

Crystal came out of her room wearing a pretty pair of shiny black slacks, a cowl neck metallic powder blue blouse and high heeled pumps. Her hair was nicely curled and the makeup made her look like a model.

“I hear ya’ll talking basketball. I told you he was good Linda.”

“And so cute to boot.”

They took Crystal’s Escalade to the pizzeria. Cody held the door open for Linda who was quite awkward getting into the SUV. She had to duck forward, more than just a bit, to get in. Cody could have seen the thong she was wearing, if he was looking. He then got into the back seat.

They hit CiCi’s pizza buffet. Cody got a large salad and four pieces of pizza. He was shocked though to see how much pizza the girls had on their plates. CiCi’s wasn’t making any money this hour at least. They talked about school and basketball, while they ate.

“Tell me how do you two eat so much?” Cody said, regretting the fact that he had actually said it out loud.

“We burn it off in the gym every day. I have to run a lot to build up my stamina and add some extra mass to my body” Linda said. “So at dinner time I am starving.”

“What she said,” Crystal said. “You ran me ragged back there on the basketball court. You won’t believe it Linda, but I got so frustrated with him just driving past me to get to the bucket, that I just had to literally pick him up off the ground to keep him from scoring.”

“I did score that play, I scored a kiss from you.”

That had both the girls giggling.

Soon Cody was surrounded by a host of female athletes and a couple of their guys. They stayed there almost two hours before they headed back to the apartment complex. Two more girls rode back with them and Cody was stuck in between two girls, Rebecca Green and Susan Coffey. Rebecca was the small forward for the Lady Mavericks and was only six foot. Susan Coffey was their backup shooting guard and was about five eight. He had to stick his hands in his arm pits to keep from touching the girls inappropriately. They stopped at a convenience store and then Rebecca, a senior, went in to buy four six packs of Guinness Stout, before they headed back to Crystal’s apartment.

They made it back to her place in time to catch the start of the Dallas Mavericks, playing the Lakers, at L.A. The five of them drank and watched the game on a large LED TV. Linda taught Cody how to drink Guinness. You always pour it into a glass and let the head settle before you drink it. The head keeps the stout tasting its best.

Cody was sitting hip to hip with Crystal and Linda. The girls both had an arm around Cody, while he rested one hand on Crystal’s leg. The girls’ fidgeted and rooted for Dallas. The dress Linda wore was now up to her hip and she didn’t seem to care. Cody couldn’t help but glance occasionally. The hand he had on Crystal’s leg, accidentally wound up in her crotch, where she kept it pinned with her thigh pressure and she had some really strong thighs. So he would tickle her there every now and then.

After three cokes at CiCi’s and two beers, Cody had to get up and go to the ladies room, for relief, at halftime. As he was washing his hands one of the new girls came in in a rush and sat down on the toilet.

“Sorry, I couldn’t wait any longer,” the girl said to him.

When he got back, Linda was four sheets to the wind. Her fuchsia heart shaped thong on display, when he sat between her and Crystal. Crystal took his hand and put it right back between her thighs all the way up.

He couldn’t remember much about the second half of the game, but somehow he got in a drinking game where he had to take a drink, whenever something happened in the game.

His next conscious thought came about four thirty the next morning. He had to get up and use the restroom because his bladder was screaming. He was in a bed and a girl was using him as a body pillow. When his eyes cleared, he saw it was Crystal. She had her arms and legs wrapped around him. She was wearing a baby doll nightie and her breasts were on either side of his face. It took a couple of minutes to get untangled from her grip.

Cody was very disoriented; he seemed to have breasts himself as he staggered to the bathroom. He recognized that he was wearing Linda’s dress and it came to his knees. He pulled the dress up to his waist and pulled the underwear he was wearing down. He had on pantyhose and blue satin panties. He sat to keep from falling or getting the dress wet. When he finished he pulled everything back up and went back to Crystal’s room. He was just too wasted to get undressed. Crystal began kissing him and wrapping him back with her legs and arms. The kissing only lasted a few minutes, till they both fell asleep again.

The next thing he knew was he was in ecstasy and agony. He had his morning woody, he needed to pee, and he had a hangover. On top of that his woody was being used so wonderfully. When he opened his eyes, he was on his back and Crystal was riding him slowly, with a look of bliss on her face. When she saw he was awake, she scrunched down and planted a kiss on his lips. Crystal then stretched out a bit and her breasts were bouncing on his face. Out of defense he latched on a nipple with his lips and began sucking on it. He caught her other breast with his left hand and began massaging it.

When she orgasmed, Cody slowly and painfully rolled her over and continued pumping. He sorely needed release so he could run slowly to the bathroom. Sex and hangovers don’t really go well together, especially when coupled with the need to pee. Crystal’s next orgasm helped Cody out, she almost cut Cody in half as she locked her legs around her lover and squeezed. Cody then came in gushes inside her.

“Sorry I have got to run and take a piss badly,” he said as he pushed up and hurried to the bathroom.

Crystal followed Cody into the bathroom, he pulled the dress up and plopped down on the seat, letting go with a torrent of urine. Crystal undressed and turned on the shower. When Cody finished, she helped him with the dress and the bra, as he pulled down the panties and pantyhose.

They both took a couple of Tylenol and then stepped into the shower together.

“What happened last night?” Cody asked, as he began to scrub Crystal’s back.

“We were all pretty well drunk, you said something about Linda’s dress and before we knew it, we were undressing you. We then dressed you in my bra and panties, Susan’s pantyhose and Linda’s dress. Rebecca wanted to put her heels on you, but her shoes were too large.”

“I didn’t insult Linda, did I?”

“No, you said, that she either needed to pull her dress down or take it off. She smiled and took it off.”

The hot shower was working its magic on both of them. Cody felt he just might live past the morning.

“She then poured you another Guinness, before she sat next to you. It was at the final buzzer and when the Mavs won Linda and I jumped up and you spilt the whole glass on your shirt and pants. I guess I told Rebecca and Susan to undress you. I went to my room and got a bra and panties. Linda went to her room and got her makeup kit and curling iron. We had fun dressing you up and you looked like you were having fun. You know, you and I would have the same basic figure, if you had breasts. From the chest to the waist and the hips, I am just a little bigger than you.”

“You have some really strong legs though.” Cody said looking at her well-toned legs.

“Yeah, I run, I am a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do, swim and play basketball. Let me tell you something. I was horny for you since we started that second game of make it take it, that first day. Last night I came several times from just your hand contact on my clit, through my pants and panties, while we were watching the game. This morning was wonderful, it could have been better if I didn’t have a headache.”

“I was wondering if I was the only one with a hangover; remind me not to let Linda feed me alcohol.”

When Cody’s hand went down to wash his penis and balls, he saw that most of his pubic hair was now gone. Crystal began giggling when she saw that.

“Rebecca gave you a landing strip down there. As drunk as we were, it’s amazing she didn’t cut anything else off with the straight razor she used.” Crystal said, as she held Cody’s head in her hands and kissed him. She then looked at his face. “Oh my, Linda arched your eyebrows.”

They hurried out of the shower and dried off. As Cody was drying, he took time to assess what he looked like.

He was wearing a pair of chandelier earrings, which was ok, he had both his ears pierced when he was a kid. His mom made him wear a pair of her studs till his ears healed up. Now he keeps the holes open by wearing studs every so often. His brows were indeed arched, the few hairs he had on his chest and stomach were gone. He now sported a pierced naval with a diamond or CZ stud there. His pubic hair was shaved into an inch wide strip, while his fingernails and toe nails were done in a deep dark blood red polish.

At a knock on the door Crystal wrapped towels around both of them and they hurried out to let the other girl’s in. Linda looked like death warmed over and Rebecca looked worse, there was no sign of Susan.

Back in Crystal’s room, Cody asked, “Who pierced my naval and is that a real diamond?”

“Susan pierced your naval. That is my naval ring and yes it is a diamond. Mom didn’t like it when I got my naval pierced, but she insisted that I wear decent jewelry instead of cheap crystals. She had it made for me. Please wear it for me, I like the idea that it is there.”

“Look Cody, I like you a lot. I’m sorry about what happened to you. I know we were drunk and we had no right to do it to you… but it was fun. Please don’t tell me that you hate us.”

Cody looked up at Crystal’s face. She had a worried expression that caused little wrinkles around her eyes.

“I don’t hate you or your friends. Yesterday was the most fun, I’ve had since I been at UTA. How did that dress fit me, I know girls are supposed to have small waists.”

“Not all girls have small waists. Your waist is smaller than mine. In fact you could wear all my clothes except for my pants, you’d be walking on the legs of my pants. I have a rectangular or athletic figure. In fact my capris would be too long for you even. I can also wear Linda’s clothes, except for her bras, she is huge there.”

“Well I need to get dressed; I have to go to the library. Where are my clothes?”

Crystal still naked went out and got Cody’s clothes, when she came back she said, “You’re clean, your clothes aren’t, you don’t want to wear these clothes, they stink of beer.”

“Well can you go to my apartment and get me some clean clothes?”

“I’ve got a better idea.”

Crystal went to her dresser and got a couple of pair of panties and a bra. She handed one pair of panties to Cody, “Put these on.”

He took the pink boycut microfiber panties and put them on. He actually liked them better than his briefs. Crystal in the meantime had already dressed in her bra and panties. She pulled out a couple of Spanx leggings. She put on a pair and had Cody put on the pair that looked like blue jeans after he put on some ladies trouser socks. The jeggings bunched up a bit at his ankles, but his boots easily covered the gathered fabric.

“The girls just loved those boots. You’re lucky that they were too small for them. Otherwise they might have stolen them from you.”

“They are custom made Lucchese boots and cost me two thousand dollars.”

“I need to get me a pair, where did you get them made?”

“El Paso. My dad knows one of the executives there. The boots have a double thick sole, sort of like platform heels and a three inch heel with another inch of rise hidden inside the boot. I don’t mind being short, but I don’t have to look so short.”

Crystal brought Cody a long sleeve blouse. He let her help him into it and buttoned it up for him. The sleeves were four inches too long, but after Crystal buttoned them at his wrist they looked like puffed out sleeves, rather than sleeves that were too long. The shirt felt exquisite on him, way much better than his cotton polyester shirts. Cody gawked at himself. He could wear the shirt as a dress without underwear and be totally decent. The shirttails hit him just below mid-thigh. The blouse was just a little loose at the chest but fit well at the waist and hips.

Still wearing the chandelier earrings he looked totally like a girl, “All I need is a pair of boobs and I could walk into your locker room.”

“Even without breasts you could probably get away with it right now if you wore a bra. Wanna see?”

“See if I could walk into your locker room no, but see with a bra, why not. I am already there.”

Crystal took off his blouse and went to her dresser. She pulled out a WonderBra and what looked like chicken cutlets. When she put the bra on him, pushed the underarm fat forward and added the cutlets, Cody definitely had boobs.

Crystal told him, “You can borrow my bras anytime you want. I have to wear them or I giggle too much. I almost wish I was as flat chested as you,” she said brushing, Cody’s hair into a feminine do.

“I like your breasts; I worry about Linda’s though.”

Crystal smiled and giggled in some ways she wished she was more like Linda instead of barely a B cup that she was. Cody was right though she would hate not having her breasts. She couldn’t help but kiss him for that.

Now with the blouse on, he was a five foot four inch girl, who weighed a hundred twenty five pounds with his boots on he looked five foot eight.

Crystal surprised him as she put lipstick and mascara on him. She then put his keys and wallet into a cross shoulder handbag along with the lipstick. She showed him how to wear the handbag and adjusted the strap for him. She then put his dirty clothes in a bag, grabbed her purse and backpack before ushering Cody out of her apartment.

It didn’t sink into Cody’s still hung over brain, at first, that boys shouldn’t look like girls in public, but when it did, he started to balk. Crystal sort of read his mind, “Don’t worry for now, as far as anyone is concerned you are a very pretty girl.”

When they got to his apartment, he reached into the handbag and pulled out his keys. He noticed it was a Louis Vuitton handbag. Crystal appeared to be from money, at least on the surface. He let them in. His apartment was a one bedroom copy similar to Crystal’s two bedrooms. He had two book shelves in the living room, an L shaped couch, coffee table, TV (not as grand as Crystal’s but nice) and a lazyboy. Crystal sat on the couch while Cody went to his bedroom to change.

He sat on his bed and looked at his reflection. He thought about changing, he really did, but he also liked Crystal and she seemed to like him like this. The only anomaly he saw to this girl he saw in the mirror came when. he unbuttoned the last four buttons of the blouse. He saw where his genitals were grouped together inside the jeggings. He wondered… he peeled the Spanx down a bit and tried to rearrange himself a bit and when he pulled the Spanx leggings back up. He looked quite feminine down there. He took the blouse off and put on a UTA T-shirt and wore the blouse as a jacket. He went to his bathroom and trimmed off the little bit of sideburns he grew. He really liked the chandelier earrings and left them in.

He put his laptop in his backpack and came out of his bedroom.

Crystal smiled when she saw Cody, “I thought you were going to change.”

“I thought that today, I could be your girlfriend.”

Crystal picked him up and sat him down on one of his barstools by the breakfast bar, “Well then girlfriend we need to do something with your hair.” She pulled out her butane curling iron and set it to heating. She took a tube of hair gel out and began rubbing it in his hair. She quickly began to curl his hair with her curling iron and separated it into hundreds of individual ringlets. He now sported a nice Meg’s Mop. She also used a couple of light shades of eye shadows on his eyes. When she finished Cody looked much like Eva Green with curly dark auburn hair.

Crystal then drove them to the campus. She was on the meal plan provided to scholarship athletes so they stopped in at the campus cafeteria. Cody wasn’t on the campus meal plan but bought many of his lunches on campus. They got their food and sat down in a corner of the cafeteria to eat.

“So what is your major Cody?”

“I am leaning on doing an BBA in marketing and possibly a second major in English. So much about marketing deals with clearly communicating an idea. Something some businesses clearly miss the mark on. What about you Crystal.”

“I am working toward a degree as an athletic trainer, but possibly also coaching. I like the idea of helping other girls get into sports, women’s professional sports leagues don’t tend to do very well. Women’s tennis and golf are the most viable professional sports. I don’t play tennis, but I do golf back in New Jersey. My mom though, wants me to study business, so I can join her. She owns her own ad company in Philadelphia.”

“So why aren’t you going to Harvard, Yale or Columbia?”

“I could have gone to them, but I am mostly here on my own skill. I want to impress my own Mom and on top of that I am a bit rebellious. How about your parents?”

“My dad and mom, live in west Texas. Dad is a free-lance geologist he spends six to eight months a year out in the middle of nowhere prospecting for half a dozen companies. Mom is a pilot for Richardson Aviation.”

“Wow, it seems they are doing quite well.”

“Sort of, Mom would like to see more of Dad, but his work is everywhere. I worry about them; it seems they are growing apart.”

“Empty nest syndrome.”

“Maybe. I still worry.”

Cody hadn’t been nervous, at least about how he dressed and looked. He was becoming more and more infatuated with Crystal and he enjoyed being out with her. He never noticed the looks he was receiving from interested guys and even a few girls.

They left the dining room and then headed to the library after they used the restroom. Crystal pulled Cody into the ladies room and told him to wash his hands and fix his lipstick after he sat to empty his bladder. He did as she told him.

Both of them really needed to do some study and research there. They headed in separate directions but met back up at the same table. Cody was making tons of notes on his laptop. He was doing a comparison on how various authors subtly used language to communicate their fundamental beliefs.

Crystal was studying sports medicine and trying to learn how to prevent injuries, by early intervention, changing the way athletes do repetitive motions that could lead to injury. Like correcting a pitchers throwing motion to protect his elbow and shoulder from the injuries that occur far too often. She was also interested in seeing if exercise and stretching routines could be developed to reduce the likelihood of an athlete injuring themselves.

Crystal began giggling as she thought of repetitive motion. She looked at Cody and could envision a particular repetitive motion she would like to engage in again soon.

“What is so funny Crystal?”

Crystal blushed a deep crimson, “Oh… nothing really. I was just thinking and something funny popped into my head.”

“Looking at the way you are blushing, it has to do with sex.” Cody said, and then he blushed himself. He couldn’t believe he said that.

Crystal took out her phone and texted Linda that she would be with Cody… hopefully.

After four hours of work, Crystal looked at her watch and said, “Time to go Cody, I need to get a bite to eat and we need to relax for the rest of the evening.”

Her tone left no doubt about what she meant by relax. Still Cody was a little unsure. He hadn’t been a virgin before he came to college, but he could count the number of girls he had been with on two fingers, before he had met Crystal and they had both initiated the act themselves. His first was very aggressive. She had learned about the joys of sex and wanted to try it again, Cody was just conveniently available at a time when she wouldn’t be disturbed. At least Cody was able to ring her bell several times. She didn’t want anything to do with him afterwards.

His second time was a girl he knew from school; Cody tried to comfort her after she lost her sister. He hugged her and one thing led to another. She used him assuage her grief. She was tender, but she was still controlling. She hugged and thanked him afterwards. It was good, but they both knew that they wouldn’t be doing it again, at least with each other. She still sometimes calls him just to talk.

>>>>><<<<<

They got back to the apartments. Crystal said she had to go do some drills, as they had a game next weekend.

“What do you have to do?” Cody asked.

“I need to do some wind sprints and some agility drills.”

“Ok, I see you at the court in fifteen minutes.”

It took Cody a little longer than fifteen minutes. First getting the bra off was fun, not! He had to scrape the polish off his fingernails and almost wash his hair to get the curls out; still he had to wear a cap backwards to keep his hair from giving him away.

He and Crystal began by running twenty half court wind sprints and then he assisted her in a half hour of agility drills. One drill they threw the ball to each other without dribbling or traveling all the way from baseline to baseline. In another drill, Cody dribbled down the court zigzagging and Crystal had to guard him and then Cody guarded Crystal as she brought the ball down. Crystal then zigzagged across the key from the foul line to the baseline and back. They then passed the ball back and forth, from the top of the key to the baseline and half a dozen drills more, ending with another dozen wind sprints.

Cody collapsed on the ground after the last wind sprint and he was joined a few seconds later by Crystal. They had pushed themselves as hard as her coach pushes her every day at college. It had been a long time since Cody had been pushed this hard. Although on some of the drills he had been almost stationary and just threw the ball to Crystal or caught the ball she threw.

They got up off the ground and made a couple of slow laps around the courts, before they wound back at Crystal’s place in her bathtub together taking a long warm soak.

Linda was on her Pro-Form Tour de France exercise bike, hooked up to their TV, set for rolling hills, where she had been for over an hour. Rolling hills gave her a warm up on a level ride, periods of exertion on climbs and times of lower resistance on the downhill portions of the ride.

The coach wanted her to strengthen her legs, hips and knees to help prevent injuries and to build up stamina. Riding a bike was, for her, less stressful on her knees. Tall athletes tend to have more knee problems. Linda added a lot of muscle tone to her legs since she arrived at UTA.

Cody again wound up wearing a bra and panties along with a pretty pink “Girl Power” T-shirt and black Tommy Copper power shorts. The T-shirt had been a custom job, as it was long enough to be a dress on him. He had just tucked the edge of the T-shirt into the power shorts and let the shirt double over to just below mid-hip. He had also tucked his stuff out of the way so they wouldn’t be obscenely on display.

Crystal was wearing a black strapless compression band top, which just covered her breasts and a pair of leggings, which were a splash of many very vibrant colors.

Crystal picked up her sport duffle and said to Linda, “Give the hot water heater a chance to recover. I’m going over to Cody’s place to study.”

“Cody, what is your cell number so I can call if necessary.”

Crystal had a cell phone, Cody thought, why would she need my number? He gave it to her anyway.

When they got to his place, Crystal suggested that they watch TV for a bit.

“Ok Let me tell you about my couch, this half is a double recliner and the other half is a sofa-bed. I don’t know what my Mom expected, but four people could sleep on that thing, if you moved this half away from the other.”

“Let’s try the sofa bed; I would really love to lay down a bit while we watch TV.”

They moved the coffee table and pulled out the bed. Cody brought two wedge shaped pillows and two standard pillows. They turned on the TV and caught a HBO movie while they lay down. Within ten minutes Cody found himself snugged up to Crystal, trapped by an arm and a leg and she was softly snoring. Another twenty minutes and he too was asleep.

Cody awoke about two-two thirty and it was beginning to get cold. It felt good sleeping with someone. He got up, turned the heat on and set it at about 68 degrees. He used the bathroom and got a blanket for him and Crystal. Crystal missed his warmth so after he covered them both up, she grabbed the boy and pulled him back to her. She moaned a bit and then began to purr, as she felt Cody’s warmth again.

They awoke Sunday morning, just before six. If they didn’t have the compression clothing on, they might have had sex again.

“Morning Cody,” Crystal said, as she cracked an eye open and saw his open eye’s near hers.

“Morning Crystal. I have never slept, like in sleep, with anyone before since I guess I was a little kid. I can’t tell you how much I have enjoyed waking up in someone’s arms,” Cody said kissing her.

“I don’t understand what has happened with us, but I like it. Dressing you as a girl wasn’t too much was it?”

“I have never done it before, but it’s not too bad. In fact I like it. It lets me wear my boots for a reason.”

“Would you like some girl’s clothes of your own? I can’t have both of us wearing all my panties. You need to get some of your own, plus we can get you some sexy sportswear.”

“Why do you like me dressed as a girl so much?”

“I don’t like you, because I can dress you as a very pretty girl, I like you for being you. I like you because you push me hard on the court, yet you don’t gloat. I like you because you seem to be a very nice guy, you’re gentle and fun. My friends like you AND you make a very pretty girl. I feel something about you, which I can’t put into words. Ever since that first kiss out on the court, I have wanted you, Cody.”

Cody kissed Crystal, “Admit it; you want to see me in skirts.”

“I want to see you in skirts, dresses, lingerie, girl’s clothes, boy’s clothes and anything else you like, but you have to like it. I am not going to force you into doing anything.”

“Good, can you put some curls in my hair before we go shopping and maybe some more nail polish?”

“Sure we have plenty of time before the shops open. Let’s get dressed and go on campus to eat. I have a meal ticket after all.”

Crystal dug out her hot curlers out of her duffle and set them up. She massaged a setting gel thoroughly through his hair and rolled it up. They then got cleaned up and Crystal did the makeup for both of them. She then began pulling out clothes from her duffle bag. She got them both into a bra and panty sets, stuffing Cody’s bra with silicone cutlets. Crystal chose a push up bra with gel cups to enhance her figure. She adhered the silicone gel cups directly to her breasts. They added a couple of inches to her bust size. The enhanced bust looked good on her. She then got them both into padded briefs.

“I wear padded briefs, because like you I have a flat ass. I can’t reduce my waist with a corset or a cincher, because I am mostly solid muscle in my waist, with very little in the way of fat, much like you. Muscle doesn’t compress as well as fat does. So people like us have to do other things to enhance our figures, like padding our busts and our hips.”

“Put these knee high stockings on, with a pair of your jeans and your boots, but don’t put anything in your pockets. I have a shorter blouse you can wear with them. It is much too short for me to wear; it was tailored for my high waist jeans. A lot of my clothes are tailored because tall clothes for girls six foot two are hard to find. It is also hard to find ladies size fourteen shoes.”

“Try finding men’s jeans in 32-28 or men’s dress shirt in 15.5-28.”

Crystal let out a laugh, “We are truly a mess, when it comes to buying clothes. I know I can find men’s clothes easier than ladies and I am sure you can find ladies clothes easier, but we are both the same basic body shape.”

They finished dressing and Crystal did their makeup. They then headed onto campus at about eight-thirty to get something to eat.

“I might have to get a meal ticket if we keep eating on campus,” Cody said. “It would be cheaper for me and I like eating with you and the girls.”

Linda and a few other of the female athlete’s had a corner to themselves. They were a little surprised to see Cody dressed as a girl, but it didn’t bother them. When Crystal mentioned that she was taking Cody out clothing shopping, there were three other girls who wanted to go. Susan Coffey, Amy Lindstrum and Karen Quinton were fellow female basketball teammates.

Susan went with Amy and Karen back to the dorms, so they could make clothing changes and grab some things. Susan took this time to talk to the girls, while Crystal and Cody waited in the lobby. The girls thought it was great fun. They had had no idea that Cody was a boy. They promised to help.

The five of them got together and then headed to a very large mall. Anna took them to a lingerie shop that doubled as a sex shop, which sold “Marital Aids”. The manager handled them herself; she loved feminizing young adult males, but she was never mean or cruel about it. She gave Cody hips, tush and breasts, along with bras to fit his new chest and thong type gaffs to keep Cody’s assets in place. Every piece of silicone was dyed to match Cody’s skin tone. Cody now wore a 36C bra. The girls couldn’t believe how realistic they looked and felt.

Cody made sure to buy plenty of adhesive and solvent to attach and remove the breasts forms. He wasn’t concerned about his hips and butt. They were larger now, but still weren’t that extraordinary on a guy. He was also fascinated by the breasts; he wondered what it would take to live with them on 24/7. He dressed and they got back to shopping.

At ‘The Gap’, Cody got really excited. They had some ladies jeans, all be it low-rise jeans, which actually fit him nicely, especially when he put his boots back on. He hadn’t noticed before how his legs changed shapes, when he wore the boots. He was too busy thinking about things when he wore the leggings. The girls also got Cody to try about a dozen tops on. He walked out with three pair of jeans, that didn’t scream girl, but looked great, three pair of girly jeans with fancy bits and embroidering on them and six tops.

Next came a shoe store. Cody was pretty fair walking in stilettoes. He bought six pair of size seven and a half’s at an end of season two for one sale, two pumps, two sandals and two ankle boots, all of them were four inch platform heels. They took the jeans and shoes back to the car. Cody switched to a pair of ankle boots, before they headed back in.

They then hit one of the anchor stores at the mall, where Cody tried on most of the clothes the store had in her size and age group. Cody fell in love with ladies dress shirts that had a silk/cotton blend. He didn’t care that the shirts were ladies shirts; he was going to wear them boobs or no boobs. Crystal went in search of the perfect outfit, a pink ruffled front, silk/cotton dress shirt, a black Chanel mini-skirt suit and a black Chanel belt with the silver CC logo buckle. Cody looked marvelous in the outfit. A lady came out and marked the skirt and blazer for a better fit, along with a couple of other mini-skirts. The seamstress wasn’t busy so she asked them to come back in an hour and a half.

Crystal paid for the Chanel outfit and about half the bill, while Cody paid for the rest of the bill for the clothes. He wasn’t really worried about the cost, he had enough in the bank to buy a couple of vets, but he knew that quality being equal, ladies clothes were more expensive than men’s. He could have bought comparable men’s clothes for what he paid for his half, which would have cost less.

They then stopped at the lingerie section, bought and bought a massive amount of lingerie. At the sports section Cody bought plenty of feminine sportswear, leggings, sports bras and feminine basketball shoes, plus a pair of wedge athletic shoes. He also got some low cost bling at a separate jewelry stores. He wore gold tone cuff bracelet and a heavy gold plated necklace with a crystal covered pendent in the feminine circle cross sign. The girls had a hoot over that, but it was a nice pendant at two hundred dollars. Cody went to town when it came to earrings; he bought about three dozen earrings and a dresser top earring cabinet, with the girls help. He liked the dangles, but the girls helped round out his selections with studs and hoops.

Cody and Crystal returned to get her suit and skirts. She changed into the Chanel suit. Crystal liked her looks. The blazer was fitted at the waist and flared a bit over the hips. It created the illusion of hips and a tush. Cody wore the suit out of the store. They met the girls at the Lancôme counter where Cody got a makeover and enough cosmetics for what seemed like a year. Cody looked fantastic in her new suit and fully made up by a Lancôme expert.

>>>>><<<<<

Cody had spent just over three thousand dollars, not including the twenty five hundred Crystal had spent on him. Back in Odessa, Texas all the purchases had not gone without notice. Amanda Dalton was getting alerts on her smart phone. She had never told Cody about the fact that she had put a spending alert function on his account. She had meant to take the alerts off his accounts when he turned eighteen, but she had forgotten. She was thinking that the card was stolen and someone was using it illegally as she saw the various shops the card was hitting at, but a detailed look at the purchases caused her to raise an eyebrow and wonder. It was his money and if he wanted to buy clothes for a girlfriend, he could do what he wanted. Still she had an itch she just couldn’t scratch.

>>>>><<<<<

They went directly back to Cody’s apartment, where the girls were a big help sorting his clothing and creating a space where he could set out all his makeup. Crystal and the other girls promised to help him learn to dress and use his new makeup, take care of his fingernails and use his nail polishes. They were all kinds of excited about helping feminize Cody.

They all agreed to go out for diner, but they had to go to their places to get dressed up. Their vanity wouldn’t let a boy look better than they did. Crystal took the girls where they needed to go and Cody went to Crystal and Linda’s apartment.

Linda couldn’t believe Cody’s appearance when he arrived at her door. She let him in and sat with him to talk.

“I can’t believe this is you Cody. We only dressed you as a joke because we were all drunk. I hope you’re not doing this just because of what we did.”

“I’m not, Linda, don’t blame yourself. It was like a switch was thrown on in my brain when I first saw myself dressed like this. I liked it, I liked myself. You know how easy it is being overly tall. I imagine that in some ways you hate it. I was the same way being short. I kind of hated myself, hated though maybe too strong a word for it, maybe seen as insignificant is a better word. For all intents and purposes I was invisible. You, Crystal and the female athlete’s don’t treat me that way and if they don’t mind, this is how I will hang around them.”

“Just don’t go stealing their boyfriends. A girl can get really possessive when it comes to boyfriends.”

“I’m not out to steal anybody’s boyfriends.”

“Boys are brain dead creatures once they see a cute girl. You don’t have to do a single thing to steal their boyfriends. The boys just move on to different prey. You are way past cute Cody.”

“Oh, then I will become a Misandry, no I don’t want to hate, but how about being a male lesbian,” Cody giggled.

Linda looked at the pendant that Cody wore; it reminded her of another pendant she had seen before. She took out her tablet and looked it up. It was the transgendered pendant. Linda ordered a really nice transgender pride pendant and matching earrings.

Crystal arrived back and kissed Cody, and pulled him to her room, so she could get dressed. Crystal pulled out a really nice pant suit. She freshened up a bit and then dressed. Crystal liked pant suits or knee length pencil skirts. Anything not tailored for her height was libel to show her underwear, if it was a short skirt.

“I hope you don’t mind me wearing pants?”

“No I saw from Linda how embarrassing short skirts can be on a tall girl. Sitting I could see up her skirt if she was standing. I avoided looking though as long as I could. She has a right to her own dignity.”

“I know, she gets a little strange when she drinks and I appreciate you not looking. I think she already thinks of you as one of us.”

“I think you are right. She apologized for what happened and then asked me not to steal their boyfriends.”

“Yes, that is a big sin in a group of girlfriends. You can’t even date a boyfriend they dropped for a long while. They have to be ok with it before you can go out with him. Otherwise things can become more than a little awkward within the group. Nothing can break up girlfriends like boys can.”

Cody was just another of the girls when they went out to eat. She was just a girl that never had a period. They talked about everything; Cody listened at first and then tried to blend in his conversations in a manner that best fit. He had never felt the group dynamic of belonging to a group bigger than himself before. He had friends back in Odessa, but the group dynamics was not as close as this group.

Cody was expected to go to the restroom with half the girls while the other half watched their food and drinks, then they did the same for the other girls once they returned. Crystal had to have Cody change his lip color because he hadn’t put the lipstick the Lancôme lady had used. She also told him to carry some panty liners and tampons in his purse and backpack.

“You need to be prepared for a period and some girl might need some help when she forgets. You can become a hero to that girl.” Crystal taught him some code words girls use for their periods, like Aunt Flo is visiting, their monthly, Code Red, flying the Japanese flag and riding the cotton horse were just a few of the inventive phrases.

“A girl’s purse or backpack is like Batman’s utility belt, it has a little bit of everything a girl will need.”

“My mom’s purse weighed six or seven pounds.”

“She’s just a light weight,” Crystal giggled.

Linda and Crystal helped Cody become less feminine at his apartment. They took off the breast forms, but he left the hip pads on. He dressed in an ankle length gown. Linda and Crystal gave him hugs and kisses before they headed back to their apartment. Crystals kiss was a little more personal.

>>>>><<<<<

The next day Cody got up and got ready for his day. He wore plain gold ball stud earrings and filled his brows in with a pencil. It only took a few minutes to get his brows looking a little more masculine, he just needed a sharp eyebrow pencil and to take short strokes, like he was drawing individual hairs. Still he put on one of Crystal’s smaller bra and filled it out with just a couple of cutlets. He changed his gaff and one of his new panties. He put on a pair of ladies slacks and one of the ladies long sleeve dress shirts. He wanted to wear a pair of his new ladies shoes, but chose his boots. His gray warmup suit jacket covered up any anomalous bulges and looked good, with what he now wore.

His hair still looked a little like a Megan’s Mop, so he brushed it a bit. It looked neater but still… He put the purse he had in his back pack and headed out. Mentally he almost made the switch back to assuming his male persona, but he had been so comfortable acting as a female, that he kept some feminine details. The boots weren’t that different from his heels, but he had changed the way he had walked in them. He had a slightly feminine walk, he knew it and he didn’t care.

He had three M day classes and two T day classes, with a lab on T days. His first class was Chemistry and was inside a big theater class, students just swiped their ID’s in for attendance. Cody changed the side of the class he entered and sat closer to the middle instead of the front. He had turned his homework into the graduate assistant upon entering and took a seat behind some girls. He was hardly noticed, but not in the same way as before. It was almost like he was just another girl, rather than an invisible boy.

English was a more intimate size class and he was noticed. He hadn’t been a sloppy dresser before, but he was much neater today and looked better put together. Also some girls noticed the blouse and ladies pants and his nail polish, black/red nails are hard to miss. A girl who sat next to him made a quiet whispered, “you look nice today Cody.” The girl also noticed the purse inside the backpack as Cody got his book and laptop out. A savvy girl isn’t likely to miss a Louis Vuitton bag after all. The girl was very distracted thinking about Cody becoming a girl for half the class. They had been grilled at freshman orientation about being accepting of other lifestyles or at least tolerant. She made a mental note to have a talk with Cody this week.

Cody decided to buy a weekly meal ticket for lunch. He then went to the cafeteria the athlete’s used. There were several girls there he recognized and they greeted him. They sat around and talked about their days. Linda came in about thirty minutes after Cody. She smiled as she saw his overall appearance. She told him that Crystal was in class from eleven to two and then they had basketball practice from five till seven Monday thru Friday.

“I will be by the ladies gym at five, I would like to watch you guys practice.”

“Just keep out of the coach’s hair; she sometimes loses her cool if the team gets too distracted by bystanders. So Cody are you going to live full time as a girl?”

“I think so; I like how I look right now. I’ll start out wearing the pants and shirts, I can decide on the rest later.”

“Well you already have some friends that accept you girl.”

“Thank you.”

Cody went to his two o’clock class. He caused a little stir in his government class. One guy didn’t want to sit next to a fag. The professor was of like mind, but he was two years away from a possible tenure and a black mark like letting a student abuse another student might jeopardize his expected tenure. He got things in order and reminded the student about the university’s policy on discrimination. The student didn’t want to be put on suspension or probation and just shut up. He realized that he had made a public spectacle and if a report was made to the Student Conduct Board his ass could be grass, but he didn’t have to like it.

Cody moved to a seat in the back and he was left alone. He was asked by a couple of students if he wanted to report this conduct. He told them, “Not this time.” He knew this was bound to happen and as long as it didn’t get worse than words, he would try to hack it.

After the class several students apologized for their classmate’s rude comment and they told Cody that not everyone was like that.

Cody made his way to his car. He drove to the mall and went back to the lingerie shop. He told the proprietor that he wanted a smaller set of breast forms to wear to every day to school where he was just coming out. She selected a size that would be a little larger than an A cup on him. She attached the forms, dyed them to match Cody’s skin tone and attached moderately sized nipples, instead of the relaxed size or the large naughty size nipples, to the forms. She had Cody put his blouse back on without the bra. It was clear he had breasts now and the nipples made themselves known, but the effect was quite nice. He bought half a dozen 34B bras. He put one of the prettiest bras on, you could still see where the nipples were, but they weren’t patently obvious then he headed back to campus.

>>>>><<<<<

Amanda looked at the latest purchase alerts; it didn’t take much imagination to figure what was going on. She would wait till the weekend after this Saturday and then she would visit Cody in Arlington. She would find out if her suspicions were right or not.

>>>>><<<<<

Cody went to his apartment and emptied out his back pack putting his purse and basketball shoes into the backpack. He also changed into a pair of platform pumps, before heading back to campus. Inside the ladies sports complex he changed into his sports shoes. He was there before practice, so he was able to greet Crystal when she came out of the dressing room. She hugged him and then ran out on the court to warm up.

Cody sat up in the bleachers to watch the girls. He studied them as they went through the various exercises and stretches the coaches put them through. He then attempted to put names to the faces he saw. When the girls were warmed up and stretched out the coaches began to run agility drills and ball handling drills. Cody made notes of what he saw on a writing pad as the girls worked out. He missed being a part of a team.

He paid close attention to them when they began their shooting drills. They all started out shooting on the three point line at the baseline, then moving around the circle. The lady mavericks had a few really good three point shooters. Some of the poorer three point shooters were sent across court where they began shooting from eighteen feet or less, while the others began another round of three point shooting. When the five girls finished the second round of three point shooting they began a layup drill. Girls were going back and forth between the shooting drills.

They then began five on five drills. The starters were played defense, while the backups came at them time after time. Cody began sketching plays he would like to see the backups run and how he would like to see the starters defend. After fifteen minutes they took a five minute break. When they started back the starters were attacking with the ball. The backups were playing a one-two-two zone defense, Cody could see that the inside of the zone was spreading too much, but the starters were playing both outside thirds of the court. They were doing well, but they were missing chances to come inside the paint. That was Cody’s bread and butter. Linda was picking up rebounds and making shots, right and left. It would be better if their point guard would drive up the middle and take the shot or pass it out to the forwards or to Linda.

“Dang it Amy, drive the key and shoot a layup,” Cody said, to himself.

“What do you see?” A lady asked.

“I see a one-two-two zone defense, that is pushing the starters out to the perimeter. Linda is getting a lot of rebounds and scoring, but she isn’t getting passes into her. The defense will soon win out. If they were playing full court, the starters would be run ragged. They could score more points by shooting in the paint and making the defense adjust.”

Cody then ducked and covered his ears, as he heard a loud whistle. He turned and saw Coach Davis walking down the bleachers. She made some changes to the lineups, gave the girls a rest while she told them what she had seen and then had them begin playing full court.

The flow began to change, the backups tended to be shorter and faster. They were setup and waiting for the ball. When the zone began to spread the starters were indeed spread out. The new point guard though began to own the key and the zone had to play an honest game. Linda had fewer rebounds but scored more from passes she was able to receive.

Then Coach Davis stopped the game had the girls do four full court wind sprints and then head to the shower. She came over to where Cody sat and said, “Hi, I am Coach Davis. Are you a student here?”

“Yes, I have a couple of friends on the team and I just came to watch them workout.”

“Do you play basketball also?”

“Yes, I am pretty good, but I can’t play College ball I am too short. I am great on a hands defense, bringing the ball down and scoring quick points, but I get lost in all the bodies, legs and arms. I tend to get tied up in a swarming defense.”

“There have been some very good short players.”

“Yes, but I’m no Muggsy Bogues. It might be a mental thing, but I get freaked out when I am double or triple teamed. I’m not a good shooter outside of fourteen feet. Your guards need to be shooters.”

“I might be able to help you.”

“I can’t play for the girls teams.” Cody said, and then he whispered. “I was born a male, but I think I might be a girl on the inside.”

Coach Davis stepped back and took a good look at Cody, “So do you still have…”

“Yes and I’m not sure if I will ever do the snip, snip thing.”

Coach Davis was standing next to a ball. She picked it up on her toes and foot tossed it to Cody, “Let me see you shoot.”

Cody went on the court and began working his magic, inside of eighteen feet. He hit twelve of fifteen and then he moved out to about eighteen feet where he only hit three of eight. Strength wasn’t the issue outside of twenty feet, he jokingly put one over the back board. He sunk one out seven from three point land.

“If I can get inside the paint, unmolested I am a killer. It’s that I am so easily molested.”

“Come back tomorrow and bring some gym clothes, you can use my bathroom to change in.”

Crystal, Linda and a few other players joined the coach and Cody, “I see your friends are here now, I will let you go, then. I know they need to eat diner now. See you tomorrow, Cody.”

They were headed to the cafeteria that stayed open late for the athletes, “What was that about Cody?” Linda asked.

“I’m not sure, but I think I am part of the practice squad playing against you.”

“I’m surprised that she didn’t try to recruit you.”

“She did, so I told her I was a transsexual in transition.”

>>>>><<<<<

Crystal spent the night with Cody at his place, she dressed him up in some lingerie he hadn’t seen before, did his makeup and hair before having her way with him till early in the morning. Cody and Crystal were wrapped up in each other’s arms and had smiles on their faces as they contentedly drifted off to sleep.

Cody woke early the next morning, well before sunrise. He had some serious study to do before he went to class today. He let Crystal get her sleep and quietly took a shower and got ready for the day. He used some curling gel on his hair as he blow dried it using a round brush. He didn’t get the results he hoped for, but he did a fair job at creating a feminine look. He dressed in a dressy pair of slacks, blouse and heels before working on his face. Today he didn’t hide the arch of his brow, but made his brow look a little bolder, added mascara and a mauve lipstick. He selected the pendant on a chain, large hoop earrings and cuff bracelet

He set his alarm for eight, as Crystal had a nine-thirty class and crept into the living room with his books. He nuked a breakfast sandwich as he started a pot of coffee as he read for today’s classes. He drank his coffee and nibbled on his sausage, egg and cheese biscuit as he was reading his calculus and doing the problems at the end of the chapter. He also redid his nail polish as he read his chapters; he really liked the way his dark red fingernails shown in the light.

Today he had calculus, history and chemistry lab, one right after the other. He would get out of classes at one thirty today. He would go to the Student Union to eat lunch and study for a few hours.

A little after he heard the alarm go off, and then the shower running, Crystal came out wearing a pair of Cody’s panties. Cody popped three sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits in the microwave as Crystal poured a large mug of coffee. She then kissed Cody.

“I like your new breast forms, when did you get them.”

“I went back to the lingerie shop. I didn’t want to come out wearing those large breast forms. These are a B on me; I could wear them without a bra.”

“You would look good without a bra, but don’t. Guys seem to think the girl is sending a message that she is available for a quicky. Some of those same guys don’t like to take NO for an answer.”

“I never understood why some guys think it is their right to have sex with any girl, they choose, whenever they choose.”

“That separates you from the Neanderthal’s out there Cody, that and the panties you are wearing,” she said giggling. “It is hard for me to look feminine Cody. So I wear lots of pants suits. In some way, I like making you look feminine. I hope that that doesn’t bother you.”

Cody stood and threw his arms around Crystal’s neck and planted one of those toe curling kisses on Crystal. He even curled his right leg up and pressed his abdomen into hers. Crystal wanted to ravish, Cody right here, but they both had to get ready to go to the campus. Cody ignited an itch in Crystal every time he touched her.

“Go for a lighter cool pink lipstick Cody,” Crystal said, cleaning his lips. “Mauve is good on you, but a pink that is almost there might be better for the time being.”

Crystal went to Cody’s room and selected a better lipstick, which he put on. It looked quite nice.

“Carry the lipstick you put on in your purse. You will need it throughout the day. Crystal dug through Cody’s drawers and selected a t shirt and a pair of Cody’s boy shorts. Crystal looked cute, they were both very short on her, but she was adequately covered.

“I need to go to my room; I will be at the cafeteria at twelve.”

“I am in the lab till one thirty. I can see you at five at the gym.”

“Okay sweetheart.”

They hugged and then separated. Cody got his stuff together and headed out. Cody looked a lot more feminine today and once people recognized him, they did a double take, but there wasn’t any outright hostility.

Calculus went pretty good. The professor kept everyone on their toes, by popping question out to her students. She didn’t mind students being confused about a point if they had put in an effort to understand, but students who were clearly unprepared ate at her. She in her own gentle way could demolish a student’s ego; that wasn’t paying attention or was unprepared.

After class Dana Bosworth, the math teacher spoke to Cody, “When are you free today Cody? I would like to speak to you. I am an advisor for the LGBT Alliance on campus.”

“I can’t today, I am very busy. How are Wednesdays? I am free from noon till two.”

“Good come by my office after lunch. I like the way you took your stand.”

Cody hurried to his next class. He heard a few derisive remarks, but nothing obscene or overly offensive. He just concentrated on the clicking of his heels.

After chemistry lab, Cody hurried home. He got his sports duffle and put a sports bra, shorts, jersey and shoes into the bag, along with a towel and personal hygiene supplies. He also put some clean clothes into the bag. He cleaned off his makeup, reapplied lipstick and then headed out to the gym.

Just outside the gym Cody took his heels off. He didn’t think that heels would be good for a basketball court. In fact he saw a sign just over the door which stated that as a rule. He would need to get a pair of slippers if he was going to do this regularly. He wasn’t the only lady who was stepping out of heels that used the gym door rather than the locker room door. One of them put on a pair of ballet slippers, before entering. He liked the way the slippers looked.

Cody saw Coach Davis come out of a door and walked over to meet her. She smiled as she saw him, “Hi, Cody. You can use the bathroom inside my office to change.” She opened the door to her office and let him in.

Inside the office was a nice video console, 56” TV, her desk, lots of books and other things. In the back was another door. Cody knocked and when he didn’t hear anything he opened the door. It was indeed a restroom with a shower and a massage table. He changed into his sports gear and came out.

One of the assistant coaches put him to work, trying to see what he was made of. He was indeed in good shape and had excellent agility. The gym was soon full of activity. Cody began working with the girl’s team; it was easy to see that he wasn’t a braggart.

They had him playing point guard with the backup players. He scored three quick buckets by driving rapidly up the key before the defense got set and played a fair enough man on man defense against his counter-part. He was near mid-court when a basket was scored; the girl who inbounded the ball was sharp and made a Hail Mary pass to him. He had an easy layup.

The next time down the court; his opponents were on him at mid-court. He began to run the offense making passes left and right, hitting the open girl. He scored a four more points as the backups managed to spread the defense. The other girls also managed to score as Cody kept finding the open girl. A couple of times the starters did manage to trap him and force a turnover. The starters were made of stern stuff and slowly won out the day.

A whistle stopped everything. The players all turned to the sound and Coach Davis waved them all over to her.

“Hey everybody good workout, so do we keep her on the practice squad? She really smoked some of you royally.”

“She was no harder on us than our opponents are. She is good, I say we keep her,” Linda said.

Several other girls also echoed what Linda had said. Three of the girls picked Cody up, “Let’s initiate her in the showers.”

“I’m afraid you can’t do that girls and I know you know why. If not ask Linda. Cody will use my office to change and shower in.”

“We have a hard game, coming this Saturday. Cody plays much like their point guard, learn from her. Go ahead and hit the showers.”

Coach Davis let Cody into her office and he hit the shower there. After he dried and blow dried his hair changed into bra, gaff, panties, pantyhose, blouse and mini skirt. He was just brushing his hair out when he heard Coach Davis.

“Are you decent?”

“Yes, I’m dressed; I’m just brushing my hair and getting ready to put some makeup on.”

“It’s too bad you’re not eligible to play on my team. You made my bench girls and practice squad look good.”

“I just can’t play with the big guys. Their point guards are over six feet and can do what I do better.”

“I won’t disagree with you, but I think you might could if you weren’t transitioning. Diversity is being pushed, but you in their locker room would be like fawn in the middle of a pack of wolves. I checked the rule book. You would need to be on female hormones for two whole years before I could use you. You haven’t been on hormones for two years have you?”

“No and I can’t say I ever will. I don’t know where I am going,” Cody said, coming out of the bathroom.

“You do make a pretty girl. Go on girl, go meet your friends, they are waiting for you.”

Cody met up with his friends and several other girls. They all checked him out now that the rest knew his secret now.

“You can look, but don’t touch, she belongs to me,” Crystal said.

“Oh shit,” some of the girls said. “And I had dreams of getting her into my bed.”

“Sorry, girls,” Cody said. “You heard the boss.”

Cody clung to Crystal’s arm, as they headed out. He put his heels on and felt better around these tall girls as they left the gym. He went along with the flow. They stopped at his car and he put his duffle away. Then he went with Crystal as they went to a pizza buffet. They had eight tables at a different CiCi’s. The girls were interested in what Cody had to say about their play.

Cody didn’t lie to them or pull punches, yet he was still diplomatic about it. The girls needed to react faster when confronted with different tactics. He didn’t give specific ideas as that depended on Coach Davis. Cody emphasized that the girls should be more confident in their own skills. He assured them that they had everything they needed to win. They just had to believe in themselves.

Crystal smiled; she already believed what Cody was telling them. She was proud that he was building them up. Too many guys wouldn’t have done what Cody was doing and actually mean it. Most guys are just too full of themselves. It was a good thing she was on a birth control implant; she was going to shag Cody again tonight. Seeing Cody in the cute blouse, mini-skirt and heels sealed the deal. This boy was going to work her to death trying to keep up her grades, but it was worth it, girl could she ring her bell.

>>>>><<<<<

Coach Davis worked her team hard the next two days. She gave Cody direction on how he was to play and he was able to follow her directions. There was a marked improvement in the teams play as a whole. Thursday they played a mock game where the assistant coaches acted as referees. Coach Davis mixed the two squads together, changing out both sides from the bench. Cody and all the girls played on both sides.

Cody was exhilarated and was happy playing at this level. It had been a long time since he felt he could compete. It didn’t bother him that it was on a girls’ team, these girls had skills. When the game was over, Cody was picked up and carried into the girl’s locker room. Crystal helped to disrobe him and carried him into the showers.

One of the girls asked Coach Davis for his duffle bag and clothes. She let the girl retrieve his things and followed her into the locker room.

“I want to see all of you in the team room after you all get dressed.”

The girls did a first rate job on Cody; they did his hair and makeup. They did let him dress himself though. He dressed in a nice skirt and blouse. Cody had very little to say in anything. Crystal just watched to see that he wasn’t hurt or molested. The girls insisted he take the locker between Linda and Crystal. They even put his name on the locker.

In the team room they all sat as the coach stood before them, “I’m not going to tell you not to do what you have done. Now that it is done each of you will have to protect Cody. She could be harmed if this became common knowledge. Cody you will travel with us and be on the bench with us. Bring a nice suit to wear, if you have one. Busses leave tomorrow at six be here on time or walk to Oklahoma for our non-conference game. No sex tonight or tomorrow night, get plenty of sleep, Coach Davis said, looking at Crystal. “Eat and get to bed, no late night adventures girls. Dismissed.”

The girls all headed to the cafeteria and ate before heading to their rooms to go to bed. Crystal went with Cody to his room.

“I may have to make room for my stuff if we keep sleeping together.”

“I wouldn’t mind as long as you help Linda with the cost of her room. I suspect money is tighter for her.”

“It is, but how did you know?”

“I don’t know. She just didn’t seem as loose with her money.”

“She isn’t, I live with her cause the dorm beds just don’t fit us. I pay for the room and bought us the two queen size beds. She helps with the utilities and gas for my Escalde. We both have our own cell phones. I also slip her some money in her purse. She could live on campus, but her feet would hang off their beds. As a freshman, I would have to live on campus too without her. Or if it doesn’t embarrass you, you could move in with us.”

“Hmmm, let me think. It could possibly cause trouble for you and Linda, if I am discovered. It may be best if we both keep our apartments and just visit each other.”

Crystal kissed Cody and they got in bed to sleep. Cody assumed the position as Crystal’s body pillow.

Cody dressed for school the next day. Crystal had gone to her apartment to pack after helping Cody to pack for the trip to Oklahoma. He left his bags in the living room and would pick them up after school. He had a shopping list of things to get after he got out of class at three.

He hurried to the mall when his last class let out. He stopped at the Lady Foot locker and got a nice pair of low top hard court athletic shoes in a feminine style. He found a dance supply store and got a couple of pair of ballet flats and then he began picking things off of Crystal’s list adding a few other things, like a dozen pair of pantyhose in various shades.

He got home at his apartment at four thirty and packed his car, making sure he had everything. Finally he changed out of pants and into a skirt, before doing his makeup and heading out to the ladies gym.

He parked next to the bus and loaded his bags. He then moved his car so others could do the same. One of the assistant coaches gave him a clip board and had him help check the girls in when they arrived. Crystal and Linda arrived early and Cody got hugs from them.

His short size made it easy for him to crawl up inside the storage bays to help load the luggage. He got a few wolf whistles from the girls trying to look up his skirt as he worked. He just looked back and stick his tongue out at them.

The girls then went to the locker room and got their uniform duffle bags and these were specifically logged in on Cody’s clipboard. Woe be a girl who didn’t have her uniform bag on the bus. Cody then logged the girls onto the bus to their assigned seats. Cody’s seat was up near the coaches next to Crystal. An assistant coach passed out burger bags after Cody marked each girl as being on the bus.

Coach Davis was the last person to board the bus and then they hit the road. Cody sat next to Crystal and after getting his burger bag and drink. Crystal had already finished eating. Crystal was snoring softly when Cody finished his meal. He pulled a blanket out of the overhead storage bin, raised the arm separating him and Crystal, and snuggled up to her covering them both. Four hours later they pulled into a motel. The coach assigned rooms, Crystal was with Linda, but when she was about to assign a room to Cody, he was nowhere to be seen. In Crystal’s room, they mostly undressed and crawled into bed.

Cody woke at four thirty and decided to get his shower out of the way. He took off the smaller breast forms and cleaned them. He then took a shower. Crystal joined him in the shower and they helped clean each other and wash each other’s hair.

As they stepped out of the shower, Linda stepped in. After Cody and Crystal were dry, Cody used the blow dryer on Crystal and she rolled his hair on hot rollers after massaging setting gel into his hair. Back in their room, Crystal helped Cody apply the larger C-cup breast forms. Crystal liked the larger breast forms with the larger nipples on her friend better. Cody dressed in bra, gaff and panties, while Crystal helped dry Linda’s hair and put it up in a bun. Crystal bullet proofed Linda’s bun with a couple of dozen bobby pins, a can of hair spray and a bun cover, the bun wasn’t going anywhere till she showered.

Crystal had Cody put on a blue satin scoop neck blouse and she did Cody’s makeup, in a daytime glam style. She unrolled and styled his hair spraying it with hair spray. Crystal and Linda dressed in slacks and tops. Cody wore his black platform pumps.

They went to the local IHoP at six thirty to eat breakfast. Cody paid for his own breakfast, without being asked.

The coach addressed them while they ate, “Ok girls, the game is at eleven, we go back to the room, pack and be ready to check out by eight thirty. At nine we will be at the stadium and at ten we will be on the court for our warm up.”

Cody changed into his pantyhose, his Chanel suit and had his makeup and hair touched up a bit. Coach Davis raised an eyebrow as she saw Cody’s Chanel belt and assumed the suit was also Chanel. She recognized quality, compared to the Worthington suit she wore from JC Penney.

Cody supervised the loading again, but she let one of the other girls crawl into the storage bins. At the campus, all the girls took out their uniform duffle and their day bag for after the game. The coaches and the trainer saw to unloading the other things they needed. Cody carried a small duffle, which held his shoes and a couple of pair of pantyhose. In the locker room he changed from the heels to the new pair of hard court shoes. While the girl’s got dressed he pushed out a cart that had towels and chair back covers. He put the Lady Maverick’s chair back covers on every chair on their side of the court and placed a towel on each chair. The chair back covers covered the OU logo on the chairs, with the UT Mavericks logo.

The team came out and began their slow warm up routine, trotting around their half of the court. They began some easy passing drills and then set up shooting drills. Cody was on the sidelines at about thirty-five feet, watching her girls. A stray basketball got away from the girls headed to her. She let it roll up her toe and caught the ball. She gave a two handed overhead shot at the backboard. The ball went through the hoop, hitting nothing but net.

“Thought you couldn’t shoot from the outside,” Coach Davis said.

“I was aiming for Coach Baker. This was the farthest I have ever hit a basket.”

Coach Baker was under the net feeding the balls back to the girls.

Fifteen minutes before the game they all headed into the team dressing room. Coach made her pep talk and starting assignments.

Then it was, “SHOW TIME,” The starters and coaches were introduced one at a time, while Cody and the backups took their seats.

The game started with Linda winning the tip off and taking the center position Amy the point guard and Karen the shooting guard were bringing the ball up. Karen tried to drive the key and was repulsed; she got a bounce pass into Linda who scored an easy layup.

The ball went back and forth in the first three minutes with UTA scoring eight points and Oklahoma scoring six. The Oklahoma point guard began driving on Linda just like Cody had done to Crystal. Linda picked up two fouls in quick session. Cody made a note and passed it to Coach Davis. The note read Crystal 5 and Linda 3, meaning move Crystal to Center and Linda to power forward.

Play stopped on a foul on Oklahoma’s point guard. Coach Davis sent in Gina at the five and Melanie at the three positions. She was running her shoot and scoot offense and her man on man hands defense. Coach Davis then squatted in front of Linda and Crystal.

“Linda they are trying to foul you out of the game. We can’t hope to win without you. Crystal take the post on a two one two defense, Linda take power forward and help in rebounding.”

At the next stop in play, Oklahoma was up by five. Crystal and Linda came back in with a full squad change. Crystal proved to be a tough center to drive in on and picked up a charging foul on the Oklahoma point guard, while Linda was cleaning up on the missed shots. Linda pulled in one missed shot and threw the ball all the way down to Amy who had made a break. She made a layup and was fouled by the Oklahoma shooting guard. After scoring the free throw Oklahoma brought the ball back down the court.

It was a tight game up to half time Oklahoma was up forty two to thirty seven.

In the locker room Coach Davis looked at her girls, “Girls I won’t lie to you. We are up against a highly rated division one team. You have played well, but you are going to have to play harder to win this game. Amy, Karen, let’s begin trapping them on the inbound pass and start picking them up at the mid line. We need to be more tenacious on offense. Crystal you are our top scorer, keep playing on the paint, make them work. Linda you are doing very good clearing the ball, keep looking for fast break opportunities.”

In the second half UTA was playing Oklahoma tougher and tighter. Oklahoma was starting to get frustrated. After a score by Rebecca, Amy was all over the shooting guard, trying to prevent the inbound pass; Karen joined her double teaming her. The OK point guard was trying to get position so the girl could pass the ball. Linda was on her and she seemed to be all arms. The shooting guard tried to force the pass in and Karen got two fingers on the ball and Linda caught the deflection. She went up and shot a jump shot.

OK’s small forward came in hot and late. She jumped to block the shot after Linda was on her way down, but before the ball went through the net. The small forward raised her knee before she hit Linda. Linda scrunched up a bit, bracing for impact. Linda caught the knee in her stomach and the forwards body. Linda was going down hard. She remembered something Crystal taught her. Her hands went behind her head and she rolled as she was going down. Her groan was heard up in the rafters. She hit the floor and rolled onto her stomach.

Both referees blew the foul, the head referee then crossed her wrists for a flagrant foul and the other referee dramatically ejected the forward out of the game. Oklahoma was upset, but the foul was so blatant, it was hard to honestly argue against ejection.

Linda was down for about three minutes; at least her legs weren’t hurt. She got up slowly and atarted to make her way to the bench. She felt like she had been gut punched by Mike Tyson. Coach Davis ordered her to be taken to the medical center, partially against her will; she had wanted to play on. Cody and Coach Baker went with her.

Crystal shot two foul shots on the flagrant foul, sinking both. UTA then brought the ball in. Amy hit Karen with the pass. Karen drove the middle, but back passed the ball to Crystal coming behind her. Crystal dunked the ball in exclamation, for an eight point turn around. The Lady Mavericks never lost the lead again and the referees were very anal on fouls by both sides.

At the medical center Cody held Linda’s hand except while she was in the MRI and the CAT scans. They were checking her spleen, stomach, bladder, liver, kidneys, uterus and intestines for signs of bleeding or ruptures. Cody got a text from the Coach that they had won 89-77. The text also said that Crystal and an assistant coach were on the way to the hospital. Cody texted Crystal that they were in the Imaging Department and that Linda wasn’t being a good patient. She wanted game updates. Linda was in a room with Cody when Crystal and Coach McDonald arrived.

“How is she?” Coach McDonald asked.

“They are checking the MRI of her stomach, but they did say that they didn’t find a brain in her head. She got mad at me in the ambulance, when I couldn’t get the game on my smart phone,” Cody said.

“So she is probably ok,” Coach Baker said.

“Yes, she never had a brain to begin with,” Crystal said.

“I can hear ya’ll. I’m not deaf and I will get even with you two,” Linda said, laughing and wincing. “I have a nice bruise on my belly,” she said, showing everybody there.

The doctor came in while Linda was showing off her stomach. He blushed but he needed to inspect the girl anyway. He did get everyone, but the coach out of the room for five minutes.

He let everybody back in and told them that she would be alright, “She can leave in about six hours, we want to observe her a bit more, she can’t eat yet. The nurse will bring her something sweet to drink. She can go to the bathroom with assistance. She will be sore for a few days. Stay in bed Sunday, soft food till Monday, and no exercise for a week and she should be herself in ten days or so. You should go and get a second opinion back in Arlington.”

Coach McDonald texted Coach Davis who called back, “We are in the parking lot right now and we are going to head back to Arlington. Crystal should return with the team. Send Cody out to get her bag, plus yours and Linda’s bags. Rent a car and drive back, when Linda is released.”

On the way to the bus Cody gave Crystal his key, “We’ll keep Linda in my apartment. It’s closer to the parking lot and is downstairs. Linda can sleep in the recliner or the fold out bed. I’ll text you when we are near Arlington.”

“I’ll get her some soft food to eat and something to drink. Take care Cody,” Crystal said giving him a kiss to his cheek.

Cody got his day bag, Linda’s day bag and the Coach Baker’s bag. She traded her court shoes for her stilettoes, and headed back in after kissing Crystal.

Cody brought the bags to Linda’s room. He saw the cafeteria on the way back, “Hey coach are you hungry. I saw a cafeteria as I was coming back. Can I get you something?”

“Yeah, you can get me a tuna sandwich and a salad, while you are there. A coke too.”

“I want a burger,” Linda said.

“No can do Linda,” Cody said.

Cody went to the cafeteria and bought some food and drinks and headed back to Linda’s room. He and the coach ate as they sat with Linda. They did help her to the restroom once and everything came out alright. The coach called a car rental company and had a large SUV delivered to the hospital in the name of the University of Texas Arlington. Cody helped Linda into the shower chair when the doctors let her get up. He stayed with her and helped her dress in panties, sweat pants and a jersey top.

>>>>><<<<<

Back in Odessa, Amanda Dalton just had enough, when she saw charges from a hospital in Oklahoma. She called Cody’s cell phone.

Cody answered his phone, “Hi mom, how are you?”

“I am doing alright; tell me are you in a hospital in Oklahoma right now?”

“Yes ma’am, how did you know?”

“Are you OK?”

“Yes ma’am, I rode with the ladies Basketball team to a game in Oklahoma. One of the girls got injured and I am sitting here with her in the hospital.”

“Ok, when I got you your card on your sixteenth birthday, I instituted spending alerts, to make sure you hadn’t gone crazy, or you lost or had the card stolen. I meant to take them off, but I have been too busy.”

“That’s ok Mom. You can keep the spending alerts on.”

“So how is your friend?”

“She took a hard knee to the stomach and crashed hard on the floor. She’ll be alright, but she has to take it easy.”

“Ok, I won’t keep you any longer; call when you get a chance. Love ya.”

“Love you too, Mom.”

Amanda called the Richardson Aviation and reserved a Cessna 425, which had a full avionics package, for the next weekend after she checked the basketball schedule. The lady Mavericks were at home the next week. She would fly to Arlington airport on Thursday and find out what the heck was going on. Amanda had her commercial pilot’s license, multi-engine, land, night, multi-pilot and instrument ratings. She has over five thousand hours of flight time and she loves flying. She worked for Richardson Aviation as a ferry pilot or cargo pilot and ran short hauls in the continental United States.

She had gotten her license when she and her husband use to fly everywhere he needed to go. She racked up lot of hours flying with Roger Dalton, and now she flies business executives and cargo all over the country. Their business actually thrived with the economic slowdown, as smaller companies couldn’t afford to purchase and maintain their own planes and they still needed to fly into Po Dunk, Wyoming, or Middle of Nowhere, Kansas.

>>>>><<<<<

“Was that your mother Cody?” The coach asked.

“Yes she wanted to know if I was in a hospital. I paid for the food by debit card and she got an alert.”

“It’s good that she cares about you.”

>>>>><<<<<

They left the hospital at eight after the doctors had one final check on Linda. He gave the discharge orders to the coach along with small packets of muscle relaxers and a mild pain reliever. The coach wheeled Linda out while Cody handled all their gear.

On the ride home, Linda threatened to get out and walk till the coach stopped and Cody bought her a large chocolate ice cream shake. They had to stop again at Denton to buy her another shake.

Cody texted Crystal that they were a mile out, come and get us. Cody gave the coach directions and they were met by three teammates. The girls helped Linda while Cody took care of his and Linda’s things.

When Cody got to his apartment Linda was ensconced on his lazy boy and checking out the controls for heat and vibration on the reclining portion of the couch.

“I’m in love Cody. You either have to marry me or I’m stealing this couch,” Linda said.

Amy and Karen were on the fold out laying down watching TV. They began laughing when they heard that. Crystal was giggling as she herded Cody into his room, she helped him remove his makeup and change into shorts and T-shirt. She planted a big kiss on his lips. When they got to the living room Linda was already complaining about being hungry.

“I’ll make you some oatmeal,” Cody said. “She has already had too much ice cream and the doctor said no solid food till Monday.”

Cody microwaved a large bowl of oatmeal. Crystal added sugar, cinnamon and butter to it and delivered it to Linda. She wasn’t happy, but gratefully accepted it. It was ten times better than the hospital oatmeal. When she finished the oatmeal, Crystal helped undress Linda down to her panties and into a t-shirt, as Linda had a hard time standing up straight. She was asleep in minutes. Amy and Karen striped to their underwear and laid down to sleep on the sofa bed, while Crystal pulled Cody into his room.

“Bet you never thought about having four naked girls in your apartment.”

“That wasn’t even on my bucket list. Linda is going to miss the next game, if she follows doctor’s orders.”

“We’ll miss her, but she will follow doctor’s orders.”

Crystal and Cody made love that night a lot more sedately than before. They both had itch’s that needed scratching and they didn’t want to disturb their guests.

The next morning Linda was still sore, her stomach muscles were tighter, but she was in better spirits. Amy had helped her go to the bathroom once during the night and Karen had helped her take a real bath this morning. Crystal fixed a mess of scrambled eggs and toast. Cody was sitting with Linda and watching sport center on TV.

Although the UTA game was only broadcast in Oklahoma City and Arlington, there were highlights of the game on Sports Center where they showed the collision. The OK forward was clearly trying to take Linda out. The ball was out of the picture, before she jumped to block the shot, she never could have touched the ball. She received a one game suspension for her flagrant2 foul. They recorded the whole Sports Center on Cody’s DVR. The sports casters were being quite anal about replaying the hit three times in seconds.

“The only thing I was conscious of was the need to cover my head and rolling.”

“It’s a good thing you did. We need that skull uncrushed,” Crystal said. “I was told they didn’t find a brain.”

“No they didn’t cause they didn’t look,” Linda said. “They were concerned about my tummy and everything around it. I’m glad that I got my stomach tensed a bit before the hit. And thank you Crystal for all that training on falling.”

Crystal hugged her friend.

Daniele and Rebecca from the practice squad came by and relieved Amy and Karen. Crystal helped Cody get dressed and taught him a bit about getting girlied up. Then they went to the mall for a bit. They wound back up where Crystal bought the suit for Cody. She had him try on a few more suits. The seamstress marked a Prada suit and an Armani suit along with four more skirts and half a dozen girly blouses. The seamstress told them to come back on Tuesday to get the suits and skirts.

“You like girly stuff on me. Don’t you.”

“Yes… I guess I do. I can’t wear girly things and do them justice. You don’t mind do you?”

“No I don’t mind and I think you are quite pretty Crystal and I like every inch of you.”

They stopped at one shop and bought something for Linda, a cuddly bear almost as big as Cody, without heels. On the way home, they stopped and bought her another large chocolate shake.

Linda was half asleep when they got back; she had to take another muscle relaxer and a pain pill. Cody pulled the straw out of the shake and touched it to her tongue. She became alert and grabbed the straw and sucked it dry.

“Were you feeling bad,” Cody asked.

“No I got up to stretch and do some crunches. I found that I was still tender in the stomach.”

“I ought to spank you Linda.” Crystal said. “You could have hurt yourself.”

Cody stepped outside and got the bear, “If you have to do something squeeze this,” he said, putting it in her arms.

Linda laughed and hugged the bear, she was almost in tears, “I have wanted one of these since I was a little girl. Tell me whose idea was it.”

“It was my idea, Linda,” Cody said. “When my Grandfather went in for a triple bypass surgery, they gave him one to squeeze when he had to cough after surgery. He passed away two years ago, in an accident.”

“I have an Uncle that had bypass surgery,” Linda said.

Crystal gave Linda the chocolate shake and she drank the mostly melted shake down, while holding onto her bear.

“I’ll try to be good, but it is so frustrating.”

“You go to the clinic in the morning, at eight,” Cody said. “Wait till you hear from them, to go back to exercising.”

“Come here girl, give me a hug,” Linda indicated to Cody. She hugged Cody and reached out to Crystal, who joined them. Crystal’s big arms encompassed Cody, Crystal and the bear. “Did I tell ya’ll that I am stealing this couch.”

“Fraid not, my mom bought me that couch.”

“How much did it cost her?”

“About two grand for that section of the couch. That includes the heat and massage units.”

“At least can I come and visit it. I know it gets lonely. You two probably use the other section, Linda said, giggling like a school girl.

“You can visit the sofa anytime you want Linda.”

The next morning Cody still wore his large breast forms. He dressed in a bra, panties, pantyhose, skirt heels and a frilly blouse. Crystal had gotten up earlier, and was helping Linda get dressed. According to the Hospital’s discharge orders Linda wasn’t to eat, till she saw her doctor till after the exam.

They headed to the school clinic, after eight. Crystal didn’t have to wait too long as they were expecting her. The doctor saw the huge bruise on her abdomen, and he poked and prodded around. He had already seen the MRI and the CAT scans.

“I want you to go to St. Marks and get another MRI. I don’t think anything is wrong, but I would like to see if there have been any changes. You can eat solid food as soon as you’re through with the MRI. Come back Wednesday. You can go back to class tomorrow, but no exercise or Phys Ed, till after you see me Wednesday. I have a prescription for you for more muscle relaxers. Take them as prescribed.”

“Can I get a whirlpool treatment?”

“I’ll call your athletic trainer that will be ok.”

Imaging took a while, she had to wait in line and the test took another hour. From Imaging they went straight to the hospital’s cafeteria. Linda was that hungry and glad to be able to eat solid food again. It took Crystal and Cody both to keep Linda from overeating. She had a banana, a bowl of mixed fruit, orange juice, two granola crunch yogurts and three sausage, egg and cheese biscuits. She had wanted to eat more, but thirty minutes later she felt a little over stuffed.

>>>>><<<<<
While Linda paid a visit to the trainer’s office, Crystal and Cody visited the Coach Davis. Coach Davis was glad to hear that Linda was doing alright, but she wasn’t happy that Linda was out for this weekend.

“Oh and thank you Cody for going with her to the hospital with her, Coach Baker told me how you helped Linda. That note you passed me was good too, I had been thinking about that also.”

“What note?” Crystal asked.

“I suggested that Coach Davis switch you and Linda. I think that might be good for other games too. Crystal is stronger, quicker on her feet and more durable. She has excellent elevation too. Linda played more freely from power forward. May I make a suggestion?”

“Go ahead Cody, I will listen to anything.”

“You’re playing Georgia State, this week end. They live or die by the fast break. Go shorter and faster. Work on a hands defense. Give them a dose of their own medicine.”

“Coach McDonald suggested the same thing. Can you run my girls ragged Cody?”

“Do bears take care of bodily functions out amongst the coniferous and deciduous trees.”

Cody and Crystal picked Linda up. The trainer told Crystal to take Linda home and put her to bed, till tomorrow. She didn’t want to see her here for practice, “She told me you threatened to spank her if she exercised; you have my permission to do it.”

Linda stuck her tongue out at the trainer.

>>>>><<<<<

The coach ran them ragged; they practiced fast breaks, fast break defense and a swarming defense. Coach Davis found that Crystal and Karen were the best at a fast break throw in, Janice was a close third. She had four girls that could make the fast break and besides Cody, Amy and Karen had the best shooting percentage off the break.

Coach Davis was good about switching people in and out, to keep the players from getting overly tired. Everybody had the opportunity to play with everybody else. They had a high speed game going for thirty minutes straight that way, till the coach called a break for them to take a rest. They cooled off for a few minutes then got up to do slow laps. They were soon back at it for another twelve minutes.

The practice ended with wind sprints, a cool down and showers. The girls almost looked like they were moving in slow motion as they headed to the showers with Cody in tow.

Cody and Crystal headed home, instead of going to the cafeteria. They stopped at a burger joint and bought seven burgers. Linda greeted them with hugs as she smelled the food. They all sat and after Cody got drinks, they ate. Cody ate one burger, Crystal had a half burger more, while Linda ate two and the other half of Crystal’s half burger, the rest went into the refrigerator. They all sat on the recliner couch and talked for about five minutes, till they fell asleep.

In the morning Crystal and Linda went to their apartment to get dressed, Cody changed breast forms. Dressed in slacks and a blouse and went to his classes. After getting out of his lab, he drove by the mall and picked up his two suits and four skirts before heading home. He got to cracking on his books. He wasn’t behind, he just hadn’t read ahead as much as he liked.

At four thirty he dressed and headed to the women’s gym. Linda was sitting up in the bleachers watching practice. This was as close as the coach let her get to the court.

Coach Davis again worked on speed drills and had her girls driving the ball from midcourt to do layups. The girls also started from their usual defensive positions and made fast breaks from there, with Crystal, Karen and Janice doing the throw in’s for the break. Defensively they played a full court press designed to slow the ball down. Also the shorter, faster girls practiced running back on defense to be able to interdict any attempt to score a fast break.

Cody was sore, Coach Davis had worked him the hardest, but he delivered in spades. The girls were using Cody’s name in some very unladylike manners. They didn’t really hate him, he just pissed the hell out of them trying to stop or slow him down. He loved a running game; defenses couldn’t set up fast enough for him. He was playing against the starters again, at one point, after the starters scored; Crystal picked up Cody and carried him slowly down court. All the coaches were laughing.

Coach Davis blew her whistle and everybody stopped. She walked up to Crystal and said, “Crystal, you do know, you can’t do that in the game, don’t you?”

“I was giving my girls a break.” Crystal said. “This little fart is running us ragged.”

Cody was loudly complaining and asking Crystal to put him down. Crystal put him down when she got down court. Cody was alright with it too, because all the girls were laughing at the situation and not at him. They thought the way Cody was complaining to Crystal and her deadpan expression was hilarious. He got a dozen hugs before the basketball was brought down the court.

>>>>><<<<<

Wednesday Linda headed to the clinic while Cody and Crystal headed to class. The doctor cleared her to begin exercising on Sunday. She wasn’t to be at practice till then, but could sit on the bench Saturday in street clothes. The Doctor told her that he would be at that game and would know if she played.

Players really had to obey their doctors. Coaches have been known to break their plates for a while, if players violated their doctor’s orders. Breaking their plates was code for shutting down their meal tickets. Meals are a big part of a scholarship athlete’s benefit.

Linda got a ride back to the apartment before Cody and Crystal. She then took their clothes and sorted them, before heading to the apartment complexes’ laundry. She was bringing a load back, when Cody and Crystal arrived. Cody went to start another load and Crystal took over handling clothes. Linda and Crystal had two irons going and Cody helped fold and cleaned the apartment. He debated about getting a two or three bedroom apartment next fall and get Crystal and Linda to move in with him.

Wednesday practice was a little slower and concentrated on ball handling drills and shooting. They closed with wind sprints. Linda texted Cody and Crystal. She had taken a Taxi to campus and was at the cafeteria. After they showered, they joined Linda, who was having the time of her life talking to her other friends. She had been missing the social interaction with other girls, besides Cody and Crystal and of course she was eating. Cody and Crystal got their food and joined her in their corner.

>>>>><<<<<

Thursday Amanda was supposed to be off, but a newspaper had her fly a couple of reporters to Austin to meet with some legislators. They would be there a week but would fly back by Southwest Airlines. The paper would pick up most of the cost of the plane.

Amanda filed a flight plan from Odessa Texas to Austin, Texas to Arlington, Texas and then checked the weather across the state. Weather in Texas is interesting. It could be sunny and cool in Odessa, snowing in Amarillo and eighty degrees and cloudy in Houston on the same day. Today though the temperatures were in the sixties across most of the state, the winds were variable but mostly in the five to ten mph range. There were some storms in Oklahoma that could impact her arrival in Arlington, so she also planned for several alternative airports to divert to.

Amanda then began crawling all over the Cessna 425, doing her pre-flight inspections. Richardson Aviation kept all their planes in very good shape. They had a dozen planes from single engine puddle jumpers, student pilot planes, twin prop planes the oil companies liked to rent and two business jets. Most days only one or two planes were in their hangers, while the rest were out making money.

When the reporters arrived, Amanda stowed their luggage and saw that they were seated, buckled in and comfortable, before she began her checklists, set her presets on the auto pilot and radio.

Cessna 425: Midland Departure, this is Cessna 425 holding short of 11 at ODO requesting clearance to EDC.
Midland Departure: Cessna 425 hold… Cessna 425 Squawk 2421, wind 030 at 10 knots, takeoff by VFR, runway 110 magnetic, no traffic within twenty, contact Midland Departure when you are ready to take off.

Amanda parroted the information back and made the adjustments and prepared for takeoff.

Cessna 425: Midland Departure this is Cessna 425 ready for takeoff

Midland Departure: Takeoff by VFR, no traffic within 20, climb to 3000 turn right to 120 Contact Houston Center at 131.95

Cessna 425: Roger, takeoff by VFR, no traffic, climb to 3000 turn right to 120, contact Houston Center 131.95

Midland Departure: Have a good flight.

It became a dance from Midland Departure to Houston Center to Austin Arrival as it was a short flight for the Cessna. She Landed and was on the ground for an hour as she helped the reporters get sorted out on the ground and do a pre-flight check. She had plenty of fuel so she bypassed refueling. She went through her checklists and then contacted Austin Departure.

>>>>><<<<<

Thursday Cody dressed in a cute blouse, skirt, pantyhose and heels to go to school. She had been working on getting a girlier appearance each day and decided to jump in with both feet, although she still wore her smaller breast forms. She worked on her hair and then used just a little makeup, just mascara, eyeliner and lipstick. Cody wore her cuff bracelet and her necklace with the pendant. She grabbed her purse and backpack and headed out. Cody got hugs from Crystal and Linda as they headed in to grab a bite to eat. Crystal told Linda to take her Escalade when she got out of class today. She would ride home with Cody.

The earth didn’t split open and swallow Cody up for fully dressing as a girl today. They had seen it coming and it was almost entirely overlooked by the students and teachers, they had their own issues. The teachers began to get them ready for the semester finals.

Amanda landed in Arlington, refueled, obtained hangar space for the Cessna. Insurance was cheaper when the plane was in a hangar instead of just being tied down outside in the elements. Texas weather was just unpredictable enough and hail storms could be quite devastating to light planes. Hell big planes can be destroyed by hail and heavy weather. Amanda was known at this airport just as she was at hundreds of other airports. She rented a car and drove to Dallas to take care of some business for Richardson Aviation. This allowed her to write off more of the cost of the rental.

Cody and Crystal came home to get some study time in before practice. Linda was sitting on the recliner with her books all around her. This time off had been good for her as it allowed her to catch up and get ahead in several courses. Her grades hadn’t been slipping but she did need the study time.

Crystal and Cody left at four thirty to head to practice. They dressed out and watched thirty minutes of Georgia playing on the monitors. The coaches were pointing players out and the type of plays they ran.

“We have our hands full girls,” Coach Davis said. “Georgia is one of the stronger teams we will play this year. We are thirteen and a half point underdogs in this game. Maybe more since Linda is out for this game. We need to work hard on stopping their offense. Today we will be doing shooting and defensive drills; tomorrow we will work on fast breaks and defense. Let’s go girls.”

Cody did her best in defense, the girls had to be sure handed when they dribbled near her. She had hands everywhere and stole the ball four or five times. One of the starters tried her best to do the same thing to Cody, a hip fake and between the legs dribble had that girl face plant on the floor. Over all the girls were doing much better and Cody did make a few intentional flubs to see if the girls would take advantage of the situation. Most of the girls did well stealing the ball and starting a break.

Linda was watching Sports Center on TV when she heard a knock at the door. She got up and answered the door.

Amanda was a little shocked when the mountain of a girl answered the door, “Hi I am Amanda Dalton, Cody Dalton’s mother.”

“Sorry where are my manners. I am Linda Trent and I am a friend of Cody. Come on in please, Cody is still on campus with Crystal Delong, his girlfriend.”

Amanda came in, “You must be the girl that Cody stayed with in the hospital.” She sat on the couch away from all the books.

“Yes ma’am, that is me. I caught a knee in the stomach and went down hard,” Linda said, showing the nasty bruise to Amanda.

“Oh lord, that bruise is ugly how did it happen?”

Linda showed Amanda the Sport Center footage of the hit, which she had recorded.

“That was an ugly collision.”

“The girl was thrown out of the game for the flagrant foul and received a one game suspension. I am out for this week; I can only go to the gym for a whirlpool treatment. I can start working out again this Monday.”

“That’s good, so what has Cody been up too?”

“He is helping our girls’ team. Cody is such a tenacious basketball player.”

“Yes, he tried playing high school basketball, but he was handicapped by how short he was.”

Linda finally snapped that there might be a problem. She got her smart phone out and sent Crystal and Cody a text. Cody’s MOM is here now. They wouldn’t get the text till they finished, so she texted Coach Davis to tell Cody to check his phone when she was through, please. Coach took notice of the text and didn’t say anything till she sent her girls to the shower.

Cody and Crystal had a quiet chat, as quiet a chat as you can have in a girl’s locker room. It would take hours for Cody to look like a guy. So they both showered and did their hair and makeup, before heading out. Cody texted Linda, bring Mom to IHoP.

Crystal and Cody were the first there; they got a booth in the back. Crystal waved at Linda and they came around to join them. Amanda spotted Cody and confirmed her suspicions. Cody was beautiful, Amanda expected something, but she never expected what she saw.

“Hello Cody and this must be Crystal. I am Amanda Dalton.”

“This is Crystal Delong, mom. When did you get in?”

“A couple of hours ago. I leased a Cessna 425, flew some reporters to Austin and then I had some business in Dallas. I thought I would come and visit my daughter, it seems.”

“Yes well let’s get some coffee and something to eat. This is going to take a while. These two are stuck right in the middle of this and already know everything.”

They ordered; Amanda was quite surprised how much Crystal, Linda and Cody ordered to eat.

“Well it started like this…” Cody then began the tale of how he wound up in skirts. Crystal and Linda added color commentary when Cody was a little fuzzy about the details.

“So this isn’t a fad with you.”

“No I like myself like this and the girls on the basketball team all know about me and they accept me like I am. I think I am really helping them improve the quality of their play, like I could never do with the guys. I am an unofficial member of the UTA Lady Mavericks practice squad.”

“And I sort of adopted the recliner coach with the heat and massage,” Linda said, which got everybody laughing.

“Well I am going to be here till Monday. I have to be back at work on Tuesday. Sunday we, you and I need to talk for a bit.”

“Dad is leaving you, isn’t he?”

“Yes, I haven’t seen him in a year, although we have talked a few times. Right now he is in Papua New Guinea. His lawyer and I are talking. We still care for each other, but we don’t love each other. We are being civil adults about it all. I imagine you guys need to get some sleep. I have a room at a motel, so you don’t have to change any sleeping arraignments.”

Linda dropped Amanda off at her car and then went to sleep in her bed for a change. Crystal returned to Cody’s room and held him while he had a little cry before going to sleep. Amanda liked what she saw and wondered inside her to see if she could have foreseen this in Cody. She was strangely at peace with everything. She rolled in bed till early in the morning and fell asleep.

>>>>><<<<<

As Cody and Crystal were getting ready for the day, Cody wore a skirt and blouse, he asked, “Do you think we could get one of the large three bed room town houses here and invite Linda to move in with us?”

“I think we could look into it. Just as long as we take care of Linda. I would hate to see her have to move into the dorm she’s like a sister to me.”

“I would hate to lose my couch,” Cody laughed. “I think she really would steal it.”

“Let me talk to Linda, it’s all in how we phrase it and I will get back with you. We need to do something with your hair, its ok, but it could be better.”

“Maybe tomorrow the game isn’t till six.”

“I am sure your mother would like to be there.”

“I will text her and see if she would like to go with us to the hair dressers,” Cody said, as he texted his mom. She texted back, that she would make appointments for the four of them. Cody texted Crystal and Linda. Linda texted them that she got permission from coach to watch practice.

Three o’clock seemed to take forever. Cody texted his Mom at one that he would be home at three thirty and asked her to be there.

Cody was home at three fifteen and Amanda was already waiting for him.

“Hi Mom, come on in,” Cody said, after unlocking the door.

“You’re coming to watch us practice; I just wanted to give you a heads up. Also we have to be at the stadium at five tomorrow, for the game.”

“I called and got four appointments at a place called Carly’s Adventure in Hair Design, at nine.”

“We’ll have to ride in Crystal’s Escalade. Linda can’t ride in my car.”

“The Escalade is your girlfriend’s car.”

“Yes, she lets Linda drive it and ride with her. She has a hard time getting into most sedans.

“How tall is she and Crystal?”

“Crystal is six-two to six three and Linda says she is six foot five, but I think she is closer to six foot six. Crystal and I are talking about getting a townhouse here and inviting Linda to move in with us. Crystal and I have money, Linda doesn’t. So we’ve kind of adopted her. It was either that or she was going to steal my couch.”

“After a long day at work, I like mine too. Don’t worry about college honey that is all funded.”

“I know and I still have a lot of money that gramps left me. So it really is over, between you and Dad.”

“Yes it is really over. Your Dad has a new squeeze that goes with him all over the world. I suspected it and he finally confirmed it. We each have our own money and I get the home in Odessa. We have a clear division of property. I am doing very well.”

“You have most of gramps money. I know how much he was worth.”

“Yes I still have his home in Kingwood Texas and his fishing cabin, with his boat near Port Aransas. I don’t have to work, but I will.”

“Could I take Crystal and Linda down to Port Aransas for spring break, I would like to use the boat too?”

“I will make you a key, and call to have the Utilities turned on for you. I would rather ya’ll stayed there rather than out on the beach.”

Cody went to his room and got his duffle after making sure everything was clean, “Let go Mom. I need to get to the gym.”

“You’re still wearing heels?”

“I’m still five four without them, with them I stand five eight. I even have a pair of wedge basketball shoes, but I won’t play in them. Balance would be an issue.”

Amanda found Linda and they sat together on the bleachers.

The girls and Cody came out and began to stretch, warm up and do drills.

“If Cody had a double X, he could be a starter for us,” Linda said.

“Does it bother the girls to have him change in their locker room.”

“The girls see Cody as a girl. They carried him into the locker room and put her between me and Crystal,” Linda said as they began shooting drills. “They all know, but they adopted her as a mascot.”

Cody was then put on the practice squad and they played fast break for twenty minutes. Cody would shoot and the team would try to fast break it on down the court. The starters had to catch the ball before it hit the floor and hit the open girl. The practice squad had to play it straight and then try to break up the fast break. They changed sides every five minutes so the starters got a chance at defending a fast break. When Cody got away cleanly, he made a basket. Amy and Karen were running ragged trying to stop him.

“So where is Cody during the game?”

“She dresses up in a suit and sits on the bench.”

“Men’s suit?”

“A skirted suit, Crystal has good taste in clothes.”

“Oh really.”

“Yeah, she wore a Chanel Suit in Oklahoma. Cody has a good brain for basketball.”

“Have her dress up really nice tomorrow. I want to see her in her suit.”

The Coach then began defensive drills, one side had to dribble the ball and maintain control while bringing the ball down. The other side had to harass and try to steal the ball. Cody was good at both sides one on one.

For two hours Cody worked harder than any girl on either team. The coach wanted him to give the girls hell.

“Too bad Cody can’t play, she is looking good,” Amanda said. “Better than she ever has.”

The coach had one last talk and sent the girls to the shower. Linda introduced Amanda to Coach Davis.

“Cody has been a godsend for us and our practice squad. She plays as hard as any girl on our opponents’ teams.”

“Linda go get a bunch of girls and let’s go eat at IHoP, my treat. Tell Cody that I have taken the car and I am on my way over there now to reserve the tables.”

Linda headed into the locker room and Amanda headed to the IHoP. It was fun for her to order for seating for party of twenty.

Girls started arriving five minutes later. It took the eighteen girls about thirty minutes to get seated. IHoP became like a zoo as the girl’s took over. Cody was stuck in between Crystal and Linda, a few seats away from Amanda. They drank gallons of coffee and iced tea. Some of the girls ordered breakfast; some burgers, salads, steaks and most had deserts. At one point, for fifteen minutes, the girls took over the men’s restroom, with their teammates standing guard at the door.

>>>>><<<<<

The next morning they all got up quite grumpy. It was a Saturday, Saturdays were meant for sleeping late, this was not sleeping late, and it was six thirty. Crystal got Cody into his large breast forms, bra, panties, pantyhose, dark pink Armani suit with a white chiffon ruffle front shirt, long dangle earrings, necklace, and pendant and cuff bracelet. Linda and Crystal dressed in pant suits.

Amanda came by at eight and picked them up. They ate quickly and then headed out to Carly’s Adventures in Hair Design. A fifteen minute drive later and they pulled into the parking lot. The first thing Linda noticed was the Subway sandwich shop, next to the Starbucks, her two favorite places in the whole world. Crystal had to not so gently nudge her friend away from the sandwich shop.

“You’ve just eaten, Linda. You can’t be hungry already. Girl you are going to have to earn a couple of hundred thousand a year, just to keep yourself fed,” Crystal said.

“I’ll do better when I can get back to exercising.”

“You ought to see how the basketball team can devastate a pizza buffet mom. They have to rotate which buffet they hit.”

“I can imagine it. I was part of it at Texas A&M. We had one girl that ate a sixteen inch special pizza in forty five minutes. She never gained a pound over one hundred sixty five pounds. Once a week she would bike from College Station to Huntsville and back. She rode over a hundred miles in just four hours.”

“I could do that, but I would need a custom bike, with my height and all. I could eat that pizza too.”

“We know that Linda,” Cody said giggling.

“Hello I am Beverly. Welcome to Carly’s Adventures in Hair Design,” She said, greeting the ladies with a warm smile. She couldn’t help having to look up at Linda.

“Mom is everybody in the whole world taller than me?” Cody asked.

Amanda laughed, “I am sure there are some ten and eleven year olds that you are taller than.”

“You’re not helping MOM.”

“I am Amanda Dalton and I have appointments for four.”

“Yes we are expecting you. Follow me please.”

Beverly led Linda to Jeff Coleman; he was the tallest stylist and would have fewer problems with her height. Amanda was led to the next station which belonged to Melanie, Crystal was dropped off at Olivia’s station and Carly got Cody.

The stylists spent a few minutes getting to know their clients and what they would like to have done. Carly and her stylists had become very good at seeing what the client wanted, showing them their opinion and blending the two into something that looked spectacular and where everyone was happy.

Linda had an oblong face. Jeff showed her pictures of actresses who had oblong faces and showed how their faces were accentuated to improve their looks. He suggested that she take a lesson from Jordan Dunn. Linda, who had never been overly concerned about being vogue when it came to hairstyles, did see a picture she liked.

“I like that picture. I play basketball with the other tall girl in our group. I just need to put it up in a tight bun or knot when I play. Will that hairstyle look good on me?”

“Darling that hairstyle would suit you very well and yes you can still put it up, to play basketball.”

Amanda’s current style was plain and old and did nothing for her looks. She asked Melanie what she could do to look younger and fresher, “I don’t need to look as young as my daughter, but I am soon to be single again and…”

“Been there and done that, got the divorce papers to prove it. You are pretty enough to still go fishing and I have a few ideas.”

Melanie showed her pictures of Marg Helgenberger with a curlier style. She also suggested that Amanda do something about her tired hair color and freshen up her makeup style. Amanda told her to have at it.

Crystal was having a conversation with Olivia, “I play basketball and I am good at it. I need it shorter, but I want it sexier and girlier for my girlfriend. She complains that I am plain while I am keeping her in sexy skirts and frilly blouses.”

“I could give you spiky bangs just short enough to keep out of your eyes, clipped short on the sides and sassy on the top and back.”

Olivia showed Crystal some pictures of what she was thinking. Crystal loved one and asked if she could show Cody. Olivia went over to Cody to ask if she would like this look on her friend. Cody loved the look, so Olivia got right to work.

“So what would you like Cody? I like that name for a girl.” Carly said.

“To tell you the truth, I don’t know what would make me look good. I tend to blend in, so I wear heels all the time, except for when I play basketball on the practice squad at UTA. I want pretty, but spectacular.”

“So I will give you pretty spectacular,” Carly studied Cody’s face and hair. Cody had a lot of hair for her to work with. She called up a few pictures of girls very similar to Cody. They worked the group down to three pictures and Cody selected one.

“Ok Carly do your worst to me.”

Carly did her best witches cackle and said, “Yes my pretty. We have much work to do,” giving her a bone chilling witch’s laugh.

Amanda couldn’t see her daughter asked what that was.

“Oh that was Carly; she is doing the short one’s hair. She must have given Carly Carte Blanche, to work on her.”

“Oh dear, that is my daughter.”

“Don’t worry, Carly has only been a stylist for a couple of years, but she is one of the best at creating new looks. Your daughter is in good hands.”

Crystal, Amanda and Linda were fawning over each other, when they finally got up front. Regina had to take photos of each of them and asked permission to feature them in the salon’s style books. Crystal had the most change in her edgy hairstyle. She looked spectacular. Linda loved her new look and liked that Jeff took time to tell her how to bring it out each day. Amanda looked fifteen years younger after her hair and makeup were done; she just needed a suit like Cody wore. She too leaned to pants and slacks, way too much. It was understandable considering her job.

Linda and Amanda had gotten perms, Amanda and Crystal had coloring, and all three had radically different cuts. Crystals cut was the furthest out there, but it fit her looks. All three were instructed on changing their makeups.

Beverly reported back that Cody would be another hour. “Cody is getting the works. If you three want to get something to eat, we will hold Cody hostage till you get back.”

Linda headed to Subway to get two and a half feet of sandwiches, while Crystal and Amanda went to get orally injectable caffeine for everyone. They met back up at a bench and table just outside the salon. They ate and fidgeted as only women can do. Linda finished her sandwich, before Amanda finished her six inch, while Crystal finished last. They all finished their coffees and sandwiches and were sitting around talking, before Melanie came out to get them.

Amanda, Crystal and Linda all looked good, but when they finally saw Cody, she looked spectacular. She wasn’t over the top like a drag queen, or made up like a working girl, but one look at her and there was no doubt that she was all girl. Her hair had hundreds of small ringlets that framed her face; it had body texture and shine. It had dark brown low lights and blonde highlights added a few strands at a time. Her brows were more defined, arched and feminine. He makeup proved that less was most definitely more. Her lips had been conditioned and were much plumper. She had individual eyelashes bonded to her own. She was as polished as a fine diamond.

Crystal was in lust and Cody was in for one hell of a shagging tonight.

They went home to relax before a game. Crystal liked to sit and watch TV, anything but sports. Cody was surprised that she was crazy for the movie, ‘The Princess Bride’.

“I suppose you imagine that I’m Buttercup, Crystal and that you are Westley,” Cody says.

“As you wish, Buttercup.”

Cody sat in Crystal’s lap as they watched the movie. Linda reclined on the couch and was working the heat and vibrator. Amanda made them something light to eat and shook her head at the spectacle.

At three thirty left to go to the stadium. Linda wanted to get there early enough to get a whirlpool treatment. All of them were noticed as soon as they entered the locker room. They were all asked about their makeovers. Cody’s makeover made a big impression on the girls. They all had to tell their teammates about what they had done, where and who their hairdressers were. Several girls wanted edgy styles like Crystal sported, a few loved Linda’s hair, but most loved Cody’s.

Cody switched out of her heels and then worked with the equipment managers to get everything set up. The equipment managers liked having an extra pair of hands to make sure they had everything. Cody was as nervous as any of the players were, but she didn’t show it. Mostly she wished that she could play with the team. Nothing short of full SRS and two years of HRT would make that possible according to what Coach Davis told her. She liked having sex with Crystal way too much to go down that road.

The players started filtering onto the court to begin their warmups. Cody and Linda helped by throwing balls to the girls to shoot at the baskets. Some did some slow runs up and down their half of the court. While others did stretches.

Coach McDonald came out and began organizing the warmup by doing some drills. They didn’t tip their hands, by doing any of their new drills. Still the girls worked as hard as they did before any game and they looked good.

Georgia State came out and showed their strength, as they were running their drills. Their philosophy was to terrorize their opponents with their prowess. They weren’t rude about it; they were just good and showed it.

A couple of their players even made inquiries about Linda, telling her that she got a bad hit last week and that they actually wished that they could play against her. She still had some ugly bruises on her stomach and showed the girls.

Both sides went to their team rooms twenty minutes before the game. Coach Davis stood before her girls and said, “Vegas have us eighteen and a half point underdogs. I don’t think that is true, what do you think.” She paused to let them think on that. “I won’t lie to you. Georgia is going to be our toughest game this year. Their team is strong and they know it. Our team is strong and they don’t know it, yet. Let’s show them how good we are.”

Cody came out and took her seat, before their team was introduced. Amanda was sitting about four rows up behind her. The Georgia girls were introduced first and then UTA.

Crystal didn’t win the tip-off, their center out jumped her, but she got her finger tips on the ball and deflected it enough that Amy got the ball. She threw it to Karen who shot a three pointer, nothing but net. Georgia inbounded the ball and brought it rapidly up the court. Their shooting guard drove to the top of the key and did a jump shot just inside the three point line. Crystal took the ball out and launched all the way to Amy who was under the goal, she had an easy layup.

Barely twenty seconds into the game the score was 5-2. Amy was already set on defense when Georgia brought the ball in and for the next eleven minutes and forty seconds of game time there was bedlam on the court. The ball went back and forth; both teams were scoring on the fly. The lead went back and forth. Georgia received a warning and a couple of technical fouls, when they tried to bat the ball away so UTA couldn’t fast break back on them.

Coach Davis was moving girls in and out every time the clock stopped, for a foul or violation. Georgia followed suit. With four minutes in the half, the game slowed down to almost normal pace and the opposition began to play a conventional game. Coach Davis called for a swarming defense and UTA forced three turnovers, scoring twice. Both teams’ scores were well above average, by half time UTA was ahead at 53 to 50.

The girls on both teams slowly drug themselves to their team locker room. Coach Davis was happy, but worried. Happy that her girls had done so well and worried at the toll it took on the team. If only Linda was available, but she wasn’t going to go down that road. She was going to have to slow the game down. It is Counter-intuitive, but a full court press can slow the game down for most of the girls. Karen and Amy would take most of the pressure.

Georgia scored first in the second half and Crystal shot the ball on down the court to Janice. Janice was covered and didn’t get the fast break, but both teams had to run down the court to help. UTA rimmed the shot; the Georgia small forward recovered the ball, but was trapped by Crystal, Janice and Amy. The girl bounced the ball out off of Janice’s leg.

Crystal and Amy were on the girl, inbounding the ball, while Karen was all over the Georgia point guard. She bounced the ball out again off of Crystal. Georgia sent all their players in a stack to assist in inbounding (A stack is where all the inbound players form a tight line. When the ball is handed to the girl inbounding the ball, the four players in the stack head off in random directions.), UTA just trotted on down the court. When the ball was inbounded Amy and Karen met the point guard, just before mid-court. The rest of the UTA girls were swarming on the open Georgia girls.

It was another minute thirty three seconds before either team scored again. UTA forced a turnover and scored on a break. The rest of the second half was slower with bursts of high speed play. With two minutes left UTA was up by one, but Amy had fouled out and Georgia was at the foul line. The girl missed the first shot but sunk the second. UTA scored on the next play, but Georgia scored the next four points. Crystal attempted a long three point shot with just seconds left. The ball hit the front of the rim, bounced and hit the backboard then it went off to the side. Georgia had won 90 to 88.

Crystal was close to tears and went to her knees. A Georgia girl helped her up, gave her a chest bump and a big hug. That started a hug fest as girls congratulated each other, for a game well played.

After the game Amanda, Cody, Crystal and Linda with five other girls were all in Cody’s small apartment, vegetating. Amanda was on the lazyboy; Amy, Karen and Debra were on the fold out bed. Linda, Janice and Rebecca were on the couch recliner. When it looked like they were here to stay, Cody brought out sheets and blankets. Girls stripped to their underwear and got comfortable.

Cody and Crystal couldn’t screw, because the only bathroom was in Cody’s room. They didn’t feel comfortable doing that and being interrupted. Crystal was too tired anyway. They did have quiet shag in the morning. Cody had come loose through the night and sported a morning woody. Crystal had him wrapped up in her arms and legs. He just had to move the crotch of her panty a bit and then slide in as he sucked on a nipple. She moaned and started assisting. It didn’t last much over five minutes, but it perked them both up. They took a quick shower together and then got dressed, with girls coming in and out heading to the bathroom.

Amanda came in and out at about seven, while Crystal was doing Cody’s makeup. She told them that she was going out to bring back breakfast, from a local Donut shop. She bought a couple of dozen donuts, a bunch of kolaches, sausage egg and cheese biscuits and a couple of gallons of milk, orange juice and chocolate milk. One of the other girls was doing the same thing elsewhere at another shop.

She found all the girls up munching on things when she got back. She was relieved of her burdens and given a kiss to her cheek. Her munchies were being greedily passed out. Amanda managed to save some for herself. By nine o’clock the girls had depleted the food brought in and almost everything else in the apartment that could be eaten or drunken. They had been like a cloud of locust devouring a field of wheat or the Dwarves who ravished Bilbo Baggins’ larder at his hobbit hole.

Some of the girls had dressed and left. Amy and Karen remained and helped Amanda clean up, while Cody, Crystal and Linda went grocery shopping. Since Cody needed everything edible, toilet paper, paper towels and much more, it took a while shopping.

The two girls at his apartment had cleaned and done all the laundry. Amy and Karen were sitting snuggled up watching TV with Amanda. Everybody helped put everything up. Amy took a package of Tampons and panty liners to Cody’s bathroom and put them on the shelves next to the towels. Crystal wondered where her purchases had gone, but found them in the bathroom. She put some of each into her purse and left the rest there, she knew that she was due shortly. She also loaded some into the purse Cody carried.

They all sat down to watch Denver play the Celtics on TV. It was a high scoring, light your hair on fire and run, type game. Amanda also liked to watch the big guys bang on the boards. Linda though was the most fanatical of the five of them. She would stand up at yell at the officials, when they made a bad call or yell ‘How can that not be traveling are you blind or can you not count, ref’. She would never act that way to an official at her own games.

It was about three in the afternoon that Amy got a call on her cell phone. She looked at the display and answered her phone, “Hi Mom.”

“Hello Amy, your brother has had a motorcycle accident. He hit a car that pulled out in front of him. He flew over the car and landed on his head thirty feet past.”

“Oh my God, how is he, is he alright?”

“No, he is in the hospital here. He is in surgery right now. They don’t know if he will make it.”

“I need to come see him Mom. I am going to pack right now.”

“Hi I am Amanda Dalton; I am with Amy right now. What city is the hospital in?”

“HI I am Wendy Lindstrum; Mikey is in Spohn South Hospital at Corpus Christi.”

“Can you pick Amy up in four hours at the general aviation terminal at Corpus Christi International Airport?” Amanda told them where that was.

“If I can’t her cousin can.”

“Good we are on our way.”

Amy hung up and Amanda began issuing orders, “Cody go with Amy, bring her to the hangar I use at Arlington Municipal airport. I am going to get the plane in order.”

The four girls rushed out to get Amy ready. Amanda locked up and then headed to the airport. She asked that her plane be serviced while she ran into the terminal to check the weather and file a flight plan. The Cessna 425 was sitting outside the hangar ready to go. Amanda was doing her pre-flight inspection, when Cody and the girls arrived. Cody stowed Amy’s bags. Crystal was instructed to park her SUV in the hangar. Everyone piled into the plane. Cody was sitting in the left seat, with her headset on, doing the checklist.

Cody liked flying as much as his mom did. He had gotten his pilot’s license after his eighteenth birthday and was now a single and multi-engine, instrument rated, land, private pilot. He didn’t need to ask what he should do.

Amanda checked to see that all the girls were strapped in, before joining Cody in the cockpit. She sat in the right seat and strapped in. When Cody finished his checklist, he looked around the plane to see he was clear and started his engines. Amanda contacted Arlington ground for permission to taxi. When the engines were warm and stable Cody did his run ups and taxied to the end of the runway per instructions. Cody contacted Arlington tower for clearance going through the whole spiel with them.

Amanda let Cody do his thing and was there to assist him. He took off nicely and was handed off to Regional departure to Fort Worth Center. They were at twelve thousand feet when he contacted Houston center to be handed off to Corpus Christi approach, Corpus Christi tower and then ground. Amanda took the controls and drove to the terminal. Inside the terminal Wendy excitedly greeted her daughter.

“Amy, Mickey is still in surgery, but they did upgrade his condition from critical to serious. It looks like he might make it.”

Amy introduced Amanda and the girls. “And that girl over there by the plane is Cody, she helped fly us here.”

“I want to thank you for flying my daughter here. Thank Cody too, but we need to get moving.”

Amy grabbed her bags and went with her mother. Amanda had Cody go into the terminal and check the weather and file a flight plan back to Arlington. She came back, did her pre-flight check before getting on the plane. Her mom was sitting in the right seat as she got in the left seat. Amanda read off the checklist as Cody performed the actions. She ran the radio as Cody flew the plane. They took off following directions and flew back to Arlington.

Back in Arlington Cody put the plane to bed after inspecting it and having it serviced and filled in the planes logbook and her logbook. She now had a hundred and ninety hours of flight time; she just needed another sixty hours to get her commercial ticket. Her mom also logged her time into her logbook also. Cody showed her time to her mother.

“Do you want to get your commercial license?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“We’ll just have to work on that then.”

Karen went back to her room, Amy had called and her brother would make it. Linda went back to her apartment. Amanda went back to her motel. Crystal and Cody wound up in bed, where Crystal shagged the heck out of Cody. It was the last time before she was on her period. She could feel it coming.

Crystal got up during the night to clean herself and used a tampon. She put a pair of Cody’s panties, with a panty liner on and went back to sleep.

>>>>><<<<<

Cody got an email forwarded to him, the next day that he read at lunch. Amy’s brother was upgraded to poor. He would make it, but he would miss a semester of school and would graduate in December instead of May. He had a long road of physical therapy ahead. Amy would fly back on Wednesday to DFW at four; she would be back in time for finals to begin. Cody texted Karen, that he would pick up Amy if she wanted. Karen texted that she would go with Cody. Cody texted, Crystal texted Cody that they could use her Escalade, as Cody drove a Mini-Cooper.

Amanda flew back to Odessa while the girls were at school. She wanted to stay. It was fun being with Cody and the girls, but she had a job and the girls didn’t need her nosing around. She did find out that a three bedroom Town house would be open at the complex come summer. She put her money down on it and texted Cody. Cody then texted Crystal who texted back ‘got it, Linda in with it’.

At practice Linda was a happy camper. She was told to take it easy, but it was good being back. Coach Davis was glad to have Linda back and that she would have her point guard back before their next game.

They had a good practice; they kept up some of the new drills. Cody was looking better on the court as he was getting some consistent play against good opponents. He needed to spend Saturday morning and Sunday studying, Crystal agreed.

>>>>><<<<<

Wednesday Crystal gave Cody the keys to her Escalade, while she and Linda stayed on campus to study. Cody had to move the driver’s seat all the way forward to reach the pedals. She picked up Karen at three fifteen and headed to DFW. She dropped off Karen and told her to call when they were ready to be picked up. Cody parked in one of the big parking lots and waited for Karen’s call. It came about twenty minutes later. Karen and Amy were standing by the curb as Cody drove up. Cody popped open the back and they put Amy’s bags in. She then held the door to the back open and the girls got in.

“Cody I want you to thank your mom for getting me down to Corpus Christi so fast. It might have taken four to six hours longer for me to get there.”

“Mom and I both loved doing that for you, but I will tell her. I got three more hours of flight time in doing it.”

“I saw you flying, I didn’t know if you were a pilot or not.”

“Mom is a commercial pilot and I am a private pilot. It’s a lot like auto licenses. You have auto, motorcycle, CDL licenses.”

“Could she fly a 747?”

“No, those pilots are air transport pilots; they are a huge step up from a commercial pilot.”

They passed out of the DFW parking complex and onto one of the major roads. Cody looked into the mirror and saw a ton of non-verbal communication going between the girls.

“I am turning my rear view mirror up so I can’t see you two. I know you missed each other. You have fifteen minutes before we get to Campus.”

“You know?” Amy asked.

“Since the first day you stayed with Linda after she got hurt,” Cody said. “It doesn’t bother me at all.”

Cody could hear Amy and Karen doing things, but as he promised he didn’t look or bother them, at least till he was a few minutes from campus. He gave the girls a little warning. Amy and Karen both gave Cody big hugs picking him up off the ground. They also kissed his cheeks. They took one arm each and kind of pulled him along to their dorm room. They quickly got undressed and into their sports gear, while Cody sat on a bed.

Cody didn’t dress out once they got to the gym; he just changed into his pretty pink ballet slippers and walked into the gym while the girls were running drills. Amy and Karen were swamped by hugs and kisses. Coach Davis let them have a couple of minutes and then got them back to practicing. Since Cody wasn’t dressed for practice she had him running passing drills for the guards and small forwards. Cody wasn’t bad as an assistant coach, as she kept the girls working hard and ironing out problems.

She got the girls into a semi-circle and had them pass to Amy at the top of the circle who passed it to the girls around the circle as fast as they could. All the girls were told to keep moving, with in their area, not travel with the ball and not to pass cross court. Only Amy could pass to everybody.

Cody then got the girls practicing fast breaks. She tossed the ball to the girl out of bounds as another girl was making a break. The girl with the ball had three seconds to inbound the ball, leading the girl on break. The girl inbounding was the next fast break girl as Cody threw the ball to the next girl. The coaches got all the girls into the line and began shouting for the girls to pick up the pace and correcting the girls. Coach Baker started the drill going back the other way. Coach Davis and Coach McDonald fed Cody and Coach Baker balls. They kept the girls going for thirty minutes, till many of the girls were ready to collapse.

Cody, Crystal and Linda began living in both apartments. Linda was still in love with Cody’s reclining couch, especially after practices like today. Cody often saw her in just her panties sitting on that couch, watching TV.

Sunday a third of the team was in his apartment the semester finals would begin Monday. Cody got them to move the couch and two TV’s up to Crystal’s apartment which was larger and she moved most of his girl’s clothes to Crystal’s room. The girls also moved some excess stuff to Cody’s apartment, which literally became a closet. Linda picked Cody up in a bear hug. Cody complained that he was getting a nose bleed from being so high.

After they studied for three hours, they ordered half a dozen pizzas. Cody became a Barbie Doll, she was frustrated as the girls were doing everything for her, but she relaxed and went with the flow. They had a sleep over. This sleep over was sans beer as they had tests Monday through Thursday.

They had four days of testing and things were pretty intense that week. The girls had to work hard and still practice hard, they had a game this weekend after the semester ended. Cody would miss that game as she was expected home. Friday Cody spent the morning with Crystal at the mall, just walking around. They each bought Christmas gifts for each other, their parents and for Linda.

At one they kissed and parted after giving Linda her presents. The team had to catch a plane to Little Rock for a game with Arkansas. Cody drove straight to Odessa, a little over a five hour drive, if she had been going the speed limit. She actually made the trip in four hours and thirty eight minutes. There were some wide open stretches of road and the Mini-Cooper was very nimble. Cody thought about trading the mini because of Crystal and Linda. She liked driving the Escalade, but it was a very big vehicle, the Mini-Cooper was just so fun to drive.

When she got home, her Mom told her to pack for a couple of days. She had planned a surprise. They were going to fly to Little Rock for the Lady Mavericks game. Cody chose her deep green Prada suit, jeans, a couple of tops, underwear and other necessities like makeup.

Amanda let her catch four hours of sleep, before they headed to the airport. They flew the Cessna to Little Rock Airport. While they had been airborne Cody had texted the coach about which hotel they were at. He was surprised to get a text back giving him the location and the time they expected to be getting up to go eat.

The game was a six pm game, and the girls had flown to Little Rock AR where they picked up a charter bus to a local motel. The girls were to sleep in till nine and would head to the stadium at four thirty. Amanda rented a car at four in the morning and went to sleep for a few more hours.

Their telephone rang at seven. Cody and Amanda were tired but got up anyway. They got dressed and headed to a diner just across the road. Janice and Susan were sitting in the diner half zoned out. Their eyes got really big when Cody and her mom came in. Janice waved them over to their table.

“Shouldn’t ya’ll be getting some shut eye,” Cody asked, as she and Amanda sat at the table.

“Couldn’t sleep, I woke at five thirty and Janice got up a little later,” Susan said. “What are you doing here?”

“I am here to surprise Crystal. Mom surprised me by suggesting we fly us here. Don’t say anything to the other girls. I am going to be checking ya’ll onto the bus, when ya’ll head out for lunch.”

“Then you better eat fast, you know how Linda is about food. She is libel to be here any minute.”

“I don’t know about that,” Janice said. “She was very zonkered when we got here. She didn’t sleep at all on the plane. She was looking out the window taking photographs of the city lights. She kept Crystal up late too. They had to come here at one to get something to eat, before they headed to bed.”

Amanda and Cody ate quickly and were back in their room before the girls went to eat. Coach Davis came by the room and gave Cody a clip board and told her to be at the bus at about one.

Cody took this time to dress up nice in her green Prada suit and heels. Amanda helped Cody with her hair and makeup. Helping her child with their hair and makeup was something that even in her wildest dreams that she would ever do. She had a ton of FUN doing it and it was obvious that Cody was enjoying it too.

Crystal, Linda and the rest of the girls were given their ten minute call. They were ready to go on time. Most of the girls would come back to the motel and spend the night in Little Rock, before flying back to Arlington. They would depart their separate ways to home for the Christmas Break from there. Others would fly out from Little Rock. Crystal would spend the night back here, but would fly to Philadelphia and Drive back to Trenton, New Jersey with her mother. Linda would fly out that night, at midnight, to Kansas City, Kansas, where she would ride with her mother to Osawatomie, Kansas.

Crystal and Linda left their room and met up with a number of girls just waiting. They headed to the bus when Coach Baker came to round them up. Janice came up to Crystal and started a conversation with her about the Arkansas point guard, so Crystal’s attention was otherwise affixed as they approached. She stopped talking and looked up though when she heard a girl shout Cody. Cody stood at the head of the line checking the team in.

Crystal rushed over to Cody, nearly knocking Amy and Karen down, “Cody, WTF are you doing here? Why didn’t you call me and tell me you were coming to the game?”

“One question at a time Crystal,” Cody said, almost laughing. “Blame it on my mother. She surprised me with this, when I got home to Odessa. We flew in just this morning.”

Crystal picked Cody up off the ground and planted a nice juicy kiss on her lips. That had the rest of the girls oohing, aahhing and giggling.

“Crystal put that girl down and get on the bus,” Coach Davis said. “You can’t do the nasty till after the game. NOW PUT HER DOWN!”

Crystal gave Cody one more kiss and stuck her tongue out at Coach Davis who almost lost it laughing. Cody got hugs and kisses from the girls as they boarded the bus. Linda also picked Cody up in a hug as she waited to board the bus.

Amanda followed the bus in her rental car as they headed to the Golden Corral Buffet. Coach Davis admonished the girls on the bus not to try and put them out of business, they had a basketball game to play in four hours. Cody and Amanda followed Coach Davis in as she had to pay for all the girls. They did sit with all the girls though; the girls had saved seats for them.

Amanda sat next to Cody who was sitting next to Crystal and across for Linda, Janice, Amy and Karen. Cody had to tell all the girls about their flying in while they ate. The basketball team didn’t wreck the buffet like a football team could, but they did eat more than the average patron to the establishment.

Amanda was drawn into many of their conversations and had more fun than she could remember having these last few years. They seemed to be enjoying each other’s company very much. Talking also slowed their eating quite a bit, which was good for the girls.

After they ate the coach told them to walk if off for an hour. There were several shops in the area; the girls might be interested in, in the area. Coach Davis just told them to be back in an hour. Cody went with the girls who had been at her table, while Amanda went back to her room to relax.

Amy stopped the girls as they were walking. She was laughing her head off. All she could do was point to an assisted living Retirement home and then across the street to a HOOTERS.

Crystal was laughing too, as she said, “I guess they want a higher turnover of the retired men. I can picture a group of men with canes and walkers crossing the street here to get to Hooters.”

The girls had to stop and take pictures of the two businesses.

Everybody made it back to the bus and the bus headed back to the motel. The girls laid around and watch TV for an hour and a half. Crystal’s room held a lot of girls as they all followed Cody into the room.

At four thirty they got back on the bus and headed to the stadium. In the locker room everybody got dressed and Cody put her hard court shoes on. When they went out on the court she assisted in putting towels out for the girls, putting Lady Maverick seat back covers on their seat and running drills for the girls.

Once the girls were all warmed up they headed back to the locker room for Coach Davis’ pep talk, “Girls we are better than Arkansas, no questions about it. Let’s play a good game and be good sportsmen about it. They have three really good players; their strong forward may be all conference, Linda you will be on her. Crystal their center likes to play it a little rough, don’t be tempted to drop down to her level, let her get the fouls. Amy their point guard is as fast and tenacious as Cody, guard the ball and be ready to pass it off, rather than lose the ball. Help her out girls.

Cody went to the bench as the teams were introduced; she stood with the assistant coaches as the girls were introduced. UTA was introduced first, and then the UALR Trojans were introduced. The two coaches shook hands and were talking to the referees before the tip off.

Charlotte Grogan was the Trojans coach. Charlotte saw one of the students throw something as did Cody. Coach Grogan grabbed Coach Davis’s arm and tried to pull her out of the way. Cody ran and jumped and blocked the object with her arms. The object was a twenty four ounce cherry coke. The drink exploded when it hit Cody’s arm in a cloud of ice and sticky syrup mixed with water. The liquid hit Coach Grogan and both referees, but Cody took the brunt of the sticky yucky mess.

A furious Coach Grogan stomped her way to the scorer’s table and grabbed the announcer’s mike as Coach Davis went to see how Cody was. The Referees blue a bench technical foul.

“Justin Watson, I saw you throw that drink. Yeah I know it was you. Police he is right there, arrest him. If anymore of this bullshit is done by another Arkansas student or fan, we will forfeit this game. UTA is a good school and they don’t deserve this,” Coach Grogan said as she slammed the microphone back down on the scorer’s table. The mike would never work again.

Susan brought Cody a towel. Her hair was a wreck, mascara was running down her face and her blouse and suit were a mess.

“Oh shit, my silk blouse is ruined and this is only the second time I wore my Prada suit. It’s going to need a hell of a lot of cleaning.”

Coach Grogan blanched as she heard that, “What did you pay for that blouse and suit?”

“Nine hundred for the Stella McCarthy Eva silk blouse and twenty five hundred for the Prada suit,” Crystal supplied. “I was with her when she bought them at Neiman Marcus.”

Coach Baker escorted Cody back to the locker room; Cody had some underwear, a t-shirt and a UTA track suit in her day bag. Amanda came in the locker room while Cody was showering. Coach Baker assured her that Cody was alright. She just wanted to get clean and get back out on the court.

The boy who had thrown the drink was arrested and escorted out to jail. He had been charged with assault and felonious malicious mischief, when the police learned how expensive the clothing was. He later pleaded guilty to assault and made restitution of five thousand dollars to avoid felony charges. Coach Grogan sent Coach Davis a check.

It took ten minutes for them to clean and dry the floor before the game could start. The officials chided the Trojan coach. Coach Grogan assured them nothing else like that would happen again. Crystal shot two foul shots and then UTA brought the ball in on the sidelines. Eight seconds later UTA was ahead four to zero.

There was three minutes left in the half when Cody came out of the locker room. Her hair was slightly damp and weighed heavy. The team stood up and applauded as she reached the benches. Their applause caught on with the whole stadium. Cody had a nice blush as she took her seat.

UTA was ahead by a score of forty eight to thirty four. That was as close as the Trojans would get from that point on. By half time the score was fifty six to thirty six. The Trojans were having trouble getting the ball on their end of the court. Janice, Amy and Karen had gone all out on stopping the ball and trapping the opposition point guard.

Cody had to give a statement to the police, who didn’t know about her. She told them what she saw and what the clothes cost. One cop believed that Cody was inflating the cost, but a savvy lady officer set him straight when she heard the brand names.

At half time the coach congratulated the girls on their play and began pointing out the few faults she had seen to their play.

“Girls, I’m not going to tell you not to score, we have a twenty point lead. Don’t let up on defense, keep pressing to get turnovers and slow the ball down on offense. I won’t mind us losing the ball on shot clock turnovers. I don’t want us to just drive their noses into the ground and stomp on them. Keep the lead we have, if they start gaining work a little harder and faster on offense.”

The second half was anti-climactic, the Trojans fought hard, but the Lady Mavs met them bucket for bucket without running up the score. There was one spectacular foul, where Crystal and the Trojan center both went after the same loose ball, they collided shoulder to shoulder, like two Sumo wrestlers colliding and both went down hard. Neither of them got the ball, Karen was coming hard and snagged it. After the play was whistled dead both coaches came to check out their player. They were both rolling in pain, but at the same time they were laughing their heads off.

Linda was standing between both coaches and said, “I think we need to form a search party for two brains. They both might have lost them with that collision.” Linda stood at both girls’ feet and pulled them both up.

Both girls went to the bench for the rest of the game. Coach Davis gave more time to her bench player as did Coach Grogan. The bench players actually had a good game going for the last eight minutes. UTA won the game by sixteen points. The girls from both teams met in the middle to shake hands and for hugs. Cody got picked up by Janice and a player from the other team. Cody was complaining bitterly, but smiling at the same time. She had what was left of the crowd laughing.

Amanda took Linda to the airport, while Coach Davis took the girls to the golden arches. Crystal had a big bag of ice on her right shoulder, which made eating difficult. Cody had fun feeding Crystal a couple of burgers and fries, she just made sure to count her fingers after every bite.

Coach Davis asked Cody what possessed her to block that projectile.

“I don’t know, I saw it flying in the air and that it might hit you. I didn’t want you to get hit, so I just sort of moved to block it.”

“Thank you, I really appreciate it, but you don’t have to do that.”

“But I did. I can’t have our coach insulted like that.”

Coach Davis just shook her head and sat at her table.

Cody went to Crystal’s room to sleep instead of her mother’s room. She had to help Crystal undress. Crystal’s arm was fully functional, but extremely sore, but mostly Cryatal liked having Cody undress her. A nice warm bath that lasted half an hour did wonders for Crystal and Cody, plus it provided time for a for some careful recreation with Cody in charge, that did wonders for Crystal’s mood. Cody also strapped Crystal’s right arm beneath her breasts and dressed her in an itty bitty thong, for her to sleep in.

The next morning, the trainer and Crystal spent a couple of hours at the hospital. X-rays showed no broken bones and an MRI showed only minor damage to the soft tissue of her right shoulder. The doctor gave Crystal a cortisone shot, since she wouldn’t be playing for again for three weeks and a prescription for pain pills and a muscle relaxer.

Amanda gave Crystal a lift to the airport. The kids got a kiss together before Crystal headed to the United Terminal and Amanda returned the rental at the general aviation terminal.

Cody took the controls of the Cessna for the flight back to Odessa, while Amanda relaxed and ran the radio. Fresh snow had fallen east of Little Rock. Cody liked looking at the wide expanses of snow as he flew. After an hour and a half Cody contacted Midland Arrival stating he was ten minutes out of KODO and his intent to land there.

Two minutes after that Amanda got a call from Ronald Richardson. He asked her if she could fly to Portland Oregon on a Medical transport. A twenty one year old boy was brain dead on life support; his parents signed an order to shut off life support and an order to donate his organs. They were waiting on arranging transport before they began harvesting organs. Robert told her she would be flying the Citation to Portland Oregon and he was taking the Gulf Stream to Tampa Bay.

“Yes I am pretty well rested; I just need a bathroom break. Cody had been doing the flying.”

“Cody is flying?”

“Yes he is.”

“Can he fly to Spinks Fort Worth and then on to Houston Hobby in the 425?”

“He isn’t a commercial pilot.”

“He could fly as a volunteer.”

“Cody, can you fly to Fort Worth Spinks and then to Houston Hobby? You’ll be transporting transplant organs.”

“Sure I feel great. I can do that.”

“Ok, I will notify the Hospital and get cracking on the flight plans. The Citation will be ready and the fuel truck will be ready to service Cody.”

Cody landed and she and her mother hit the rest rooms, before checking the weather on their flight path. There were four planes in front of Richardson Aviation’s hangar, two business jets and two turbo props. A fourth Pilot was checking out a Piper Malibu. They did their pre-flight checks, checked their charts and radio frequencies and were ready when they heard the helicopters arriving.

Cody had the hottest cargo she was transporting a heart for the Baylor Heart Institute in Fort Worth and a pancreas to Houston Methodist. The pancreas wasn’t a hot transport. Ronald was hot run carrying lungs to Tampa Bay, Amanda was transporting a kidney to Denver and a kidney to Portland Oregon, William Allen another volunteer, had a hot transport of a liver to Topeka KS.

Cody picked up two passengers, both Doctors, with coolers. She was in the air in four minutes, followed by William, Amanda and Ronald.

Cody landed in Fort Worth Spinks in an hour and was directed to an air ambulance, where one doctor got off. Ten minutes later she was in the air headed to Houston Hobby. At Hobby Cody was directed to another air Ambulance.

After dropping off the doctor with the pancreas, Cody got permission to taxi to the general aviation terminal. She had her plane refueled and tied it down. She called Don Richardson and told him that she was going to catch a few winks before she returned. He told her no problem. She found a couch in the pilots lounge and laid down for some sleep.

Cody woke up a couple of hours later. Her cell phone was buzzing. Don called and asked if she would be ok down there for three days. Dawson Aviation Mechanics were going to replace the engines with more powerful fuel efficient turboprop engines. Houston had better resources for engine replacement than Odessa. Cody said she could get a room for a couple of days. Amanda called and said she was spending the night in Portland, Cody told her about the maintenance, Don wanted done on the Cessna. Janet then called and asked Cody if she was in Houston.

“Yes I am how did you know, Janice?”

“I landed at Hobby and while we were taxiing I saw your plane.”

“It’s a rental; I flew to Hobby airport on a Medical Transport. I ferried an organ from Odessa to Houston. Do you live in Houston?”

“Yes, I am waiting for my Mom now. When are you going back to Odessa?”

“In three days, they are upgrading the engines on the Cessna.”

“I’ll get my mom to pick you up. You can stay with us.”

“You don’t have to do that.”

“Hush, say thank you very much.”

“Thank you very much.”

Cody then called Crystal and told her what had happened. She told Crystal that she was going to stay with Janice for a few days. Cody ended the call when she saw Janice. Cody turned over the keys to the plane and got her bags.

It was a fun three days down in Houston. She slept in bed with Janice, but it was totally platonic. Janice and Cody played basketball against her teenage brother and his high school friend. The girls totally smoked the boys. She got her suit and blouse cleaned at a good reputable cleaners. The suit came out ok, but the blouse retained a few stains, that had set. Janice took Cody to a mall and got her some more clothes. They also went down to Galveston to see Dickens on the Strand, and the tall ship Elissa.

Thursday Cody went back to Hobby airport. She went with a mechanic for a one hour flight to check the new engines out. The plane took off quicker, had a twenty knot faster true speed, climbed ten percent faster than before and used ten percent less Jet A, especially at altitudes above twenty thousand feet. She signed off on the work and notified Don Richardson. She filed a flight plan and checked the weather to head home.

When she landed Ronald Richardson wanted to go on a ride with Cody to see how the new engines worked. Cody flew an hour trip around Odessa. They did a few touch and go landings, climbed to twenty thousand feet, did a few power on stalls and a few power off stalls. The plane recovered nicely. Ronald liked the new engines.

Amanda, dressed in Richardson Aviation coveralls, met Cody at the office after she logged all her time.

“I’m taking the Gulfstream and I’m flying some oil execs to Cheyenne, Laramie and Sheridan Wyoming; I should be back Saturday evening.”

This was something Cody had gotten use to as soon as he turned seventeen. Amanda made more money on longer overnight flights, “Ok mom, take care.” Cody took her mother’s car home and laid down to relax for a bit.

When Cody got up she didn’t know what to do so she got dressed in a bra, gaff, panties, panty hose, a silk blouse, fitted mini-skirt, heels and a blazer to do some shopping. She gave herself a nice daytime look and worked on her hair. Before she headed out the door she put on her fur trimmed coat and grabbed her Luis Vuitton purse.

Walking in the mall alone shopping was different; she had no one to discuss what she was looking at. Still she strolled by the clothing and jewelry stores stopping to look at the mannequins and displays. She did go into one high end boutique. She wanted to replace the white silk blouse that had been stained. After looking at dozens of blouses, she found a lovely white silk long sleeve button up blouse. She tried it on and fell in love with it. It only cost three hundred and fifty dollars, so it was a little cheaper. She got it, a couple of necklaces, some silver bangles and a pair of chandelier earrings that were part of the set. She wore the new stuff out. It was fun being a girl.

At a kiosk she bought a charm bracelet and added about a dozen charms, including a basketball, airplane charm, anchor charm, rod and reel charm, bucking bronco charm, bells, stars and more. The charms cost more than the sterling silver bracelet. The girl running the kiosk was one that Cody knew very well from high school. She didn’t twig that Cody was a boy she knew, she just set about attaching the charms to the bracelet.

The charm bracelet and bangles made a lot of noise as Cody walked away and Cody loved it. Just inside the doors of one of the anchor stores. She encountered the makeup perfume counters. She had plenty of makeup, but she didn’t have a scent that was her own. There was a lady behind the counter that was more than happy to help her find a scent.

The lady had hundreds of tiny sticks; she would just get the smallest part of the perfume to soak into the stick, so that Cody could smell them. She liked most of the fragrances, but they didn’t quite seem right for her. Cody found one Agent Provocateur Petale Noir. It smelled of magnolia, violets, roses, with a hint of new leather and ginger. The sales lady showed her how to use it sparingly for maximum effect. It was even better after she wore it for a few minutes, if junior hadn’t been well restrained, he would have shown how much he liked it.

Cody bought the fragrance and a couple of new lipsticks and received a makeup bag filled with some makeup freebies, on top of a makeover by one of the technicians. Cody looked very beautiful and sexy.

She stopped in the food court for an early, a chicken stir fry, salad and a diet coke. Now she had all this very expensive girl’s clothes, she was watching her weight very closely. She could lose four or five pounds and not make a big difference, but if she gained weight, she would have to lose the weight or get some new clothes.

While eating, Cody got a call from Richardson Aviation. They wanted her to come in, in the morning. The man who was managing their hangar, needed to take some time off as his wife was having a baby. Cody had worked in the hangars before and they knew he could handle moving the aircraft in and out of the hangar.

As the hangar manager she would have to use the tugs to move planes in or out of the hangar, marshal planes coming in to where she wanted them for the time being, keep the hangar floor clean and sometimes taxi an aircraft to get it ready for flight or to the mechanic’s shop for repairs. She would also have to do post flight checks, check the logbooks to see if there were any pilot complaints, to see if the maintenance was up to date and to check for airworthiness directives.

She told Don she would be in at seven thirty. Don Richardson handled the business end of things. He was a pilot, but only went up to keep his certifications on the various planes they owned. Ronald Richardson saw to the planes and flew when he was needed. Richardson aviation had four full time commercial pilots and a half dozen on call.

Cody made one more stop to get a pair of work boots for the job and a couple of pair of coveralls, the uniform shop had the Richardson Aviation logos pressed on the coveralls on the back and left breast and Cody’s name on the right breast.

Cody arrived the next morning ten minutes early. She had beat Don and Ronald. A returned plane sat tied down in front of the hangar. Don was the first one there; Cody came out and met him at the door to the office.

“Hey Cody, you sure look different.”

“I bet I do. That won’t be a problem will it?”

“Come talk to me in the office.”

They went in the outer office and into Don’s office, “Have a seat, let me get the coffee pot burning beans.”

Cody sat for about ten minutes, till Don came back, “Now tell me something? This isn’t some bullshit is it?”

“No sir, this is me. I like me now.”

Don looked her up and down, “Your mom told us about this. I thought she was bullshitting me. I can’t begin to understand this shit, but if you do your work, we won’t have any problems.”

He was clearly bothered by Cody’s appearance, but they needed the help.

“Just tell me what to do and I will get it done. You’ll never have to tell me twice to do something.”

“Here are your keys. You have a key to the hangar, to the key box, the office door from the hangar and the tug. Your responsible to hangar the planes, check in the planes, taxi planes and refueling planes. Keep the hangar clear of FOD (Don and Ron were a military pilots some years ago). Here is the checklist you’ll use when checking in planes, open the hangar door, get the keys to that plane on the tarmac and check it in. A checkmark is good an X needs an explanation.”

Cody opened the key return box, unlocked the hangar door and then used a key to electrically open the hangar door. She them began to work the checklist, by first checking the outside of the plane. Don watched her on a security monitor. She went around the plane twice checking wheels, landing gear, wings, struts, control surfaces and such. She went in the plane and turned the electronics on as she pulled out the planes logbook. She checked the fuel gauges and the engine hours, referring to the logbook. She noted the condition of the inside, the cleanliness, seats and safety equipment. She checked to make sure the renters took all their property out. She went through the engine startup checklist and started the engine, letting the engine warmup and doing run ups, before checking the gauges.

Ronald had arrived while she was working and he motioned her through checking the controls out. She worked the rudder, elevators, ailerons, steering and lights. He motioned for her to kill the engines. Ronald then went over the checklist with her and signed off on it. He told her that he or Don would go over the checklist with her on every plane brought in and would sign off on the bird. It was their plane.

Ronald then told her where the schedule was, where to mark the planes in, where to check to see which planes were in and which planes were out and when the planes were expected back. She was expected to keep up with the planes.

Ronald spent another half hour going over her duties, showing her the where, when and how’s, before setting her off to work. Her first job was to taxi to the fuel station and refuel the plane she had checked in. Renters were responsible for the cost to refuel the planes. She got the plane back, cleaned the insides and the outsides. She then pulled a plane that was schedules to go out and checked that plane out before tying it down. She reported to the secretary that that plane was ready to go out.

Cody cleaned the hangar and tugged the returned plane inside the hangar. She got a squawk from the secretary, who had an update on the schedule. Cody had to get a plane ready to go out. She laughed as she saw which one it was. She would basically have to take three planes out of the hangar to get to the one she needed. She updated the schedule on a white board with the information and began moving planes out of the hangar. It was one of the business jets, so Ronald or Don would have to do the plane check.

Ronald came out and walked her through the inspection and preparations of their business jets. She would need to get some classes before they let her do it herself, but she could learn how to do it. Ronald then told her to take a lunch break and be back in an hour. She checked the schedule before she departed for lunch. Cody drove to Wendy’s and grabbed a burger, fries and a frosty. After lunch Cody checked two more planes out and three back in. At five pm Cody went home a tired but a happy puppy, she was told to be in at eight on Saturday.

At Richardson Aviation there was a conversation going on.

“Damn that kid can work,” Don said.

“She knows her beans too. I am going to hate losing her to school,” Richardson said. “Willie has been complaining about being overworked and he has been.”

“What do you think about all this Trans bullshit?”

“I don’t really give a rat’s ass one way or another, anybody who can work like that is alright by me. She’s one hell of a pilot on top of that. Given a few years she’ll be as good as Amanda and maybe as good as me. She’s PFM at the stick. I will be glad when she gets her commercial rating this summer. Treat her good and maybe I can get some down time this summer.”

Cody was tired, but she enjoyed her time at work. Maybe she sucked in too much av-gas or jet-A but she liked working with planes. She stopped and got a bite to eat before heading home.

Saturday morning was busy for Cody, she had three planes go out before ten and four come back after three. She marshalled the Gulf Stream that her mother flew back in. Ronald handled the post flight inspection after the execs departed the plane with Cody helping with the luggage. It was fifteen minutes after the plane stopped before Cody could get her hugs from her mother.

“I see you are working for us now, Cody.”

“Yeah, Terry Gault decided that she wanted to have her baby. It’s a boy, named David. He was twenty one inches long and seven pounds five ounces.”

“We’ll have to pay them a visit in a few days. How have things been at work?”

“Besides working the hell out of me, things have been pretty good.”

“I knew that they were going to ask and I was worried about Don.”

“He made it known, he wasn’t happy, but he was alright. I think he likes my work ethic.”

“You and I are working Christmas eve and Christmas for half days receiving planes coming in,” Amanda said. “You and I are off the next three days.”

Cody put the Gulf Stream to bed, checked to make sure the white boards were correct, filed her reports on the secretary’s desk and locked up the hangar. Amanda and Cody drove home after picking up some Chinese food. After showering they fell asleep watching a movie on TV.

The next morning they both got girlied up in mini-skirts, sexy blouses and high heels to go out to have some fun. They hit the malls for a bit, went to the movies, then to an art exhibit and out to eat before heading home again. They had more fun together than they ever remembered having and it was good for both of them.

Monday they worked around the house, Cody serviced both of their cars, while Amanda mowed the yards. They then cleaned the inside of the house and washed clothes.

The next day they had fun decorating the house for Christmas, which was just four days away. Amanda saw no need to do it, but Cody was the driving force behind the project. She put up the lights and the Santa Sleigh on the roof, While Amanda put the candy cane lights on either side of the driveway and the front walk. She also put the inflatable snow man on the yard.

The next two days were busy at the hangar. Amanda went out on four jobs, and Cody received all but two planes which were due in on Christmas morning. She taxied three planes to the mechanics, so they could receive maintenance. They would have the planes till the twenty seventh as their mechanics were already off for the holidays.

Christmas day Cody and Amanda waited to open presents till they got off work. All of their planes but one came in. That one that was out wouldn’t be back for a week. Amanda checked the Citation when it came in, Cody put it to bed in the hangar and then they went home, after locking up.

They ate their Christmas dinner at Denney’s and then went home to have their Christmas. Cody had a good laugh, her mom bought her almost the same Blouse that Cody had bought to replace the stained blouse. Cody kissed her Mom for it anyway. You can’t have too many white silk blouses, can you?

The next ten days were very busy as people got back to work. Cody worked every day except for New Year’s Day. He called Crystal four times in those ten days and talked with her for hours. Don and Ronald were more than happy with Cody’s work.

Cody had one day off before she had to drive back to Arlington. She took the evening to pack and get ready to leave. She called Crystal again, but got Linda. Linda said Crystal was in the shower. They had started practice on the third of January, because they had a game on the eighth.

Crystal then got to the phone, Cody told her he would see her tomorrow and she was ecstatic about it. She had really missed her and promised to make her really happy she came back. Crystal told Cody that Coach Davis wanted her back ASAP. They talked for a bit more and then Crystal told Cody to go to bed, so she could get back sooner. Cody told her that she would there at about one in the afternoon.

Cody left early the next morning after kissing and hugging her Mom goodbye at seven. Cody dressed in her new white silk blouse and green Prada suit. She wanted to look delectable for Crystal. She hoped Crystal would jump her and shag her right then and there. Cody had been up since six in the morning getting ready, she wished that she had a makeup artist handy, but she was pretty good doing her own makeup and hair. She was gorgeous when she drove away from her Odessa home, for the trip to Arlington.

It was hard for Cody to keep the Mini-Cooper near the speed limit. She drove a little faster than average traffic. Only when she passed Weatherford as the traffic got heavier did she match the speed of the other cars, and made the trip in four hours and twenty five minutes. She called ahead when she reached Arlington. Ten minutes later she pulled into the parking lot.

Amy, Karen and Janice were waiting just at the empty parking space near their Apartment. They were sitting on the grass and jumped up when they saw Cody. They all picked up their sister in hugs as Cody weakly complained and shouted for them to put her down. Cody enjoyed it, but she would never tell the girls that, besides they probably already knew it.

They grabbed all her stuff and headed up to Crystal’s two bedroom apartment. Linda met him at the front door. She picked him up in a hug and refused to put him down for close to a minute.

“Cody I just wanted to thank you. You spent too much on my Christmas present, but I really love the new laptop you bought me. You shouldn’t have done it, but thank you.”

“You kept looking at mine with lustful eyes, so buying you a laptop was just self-defense.”

“You know I really wouldn’t steal anything of yours, except for maybe the couch?”

“I know, I just wanted to do something nice for you.”

Seconds later Crystal came out of her and Cody’s bedroom “Put her down, Linda. I need to ravish her.”

“Ah, do I have too, Crystal.”

“Yes, you have too. She belongs to me.”

Linda set Cody down gently. Cody found herself picked up again by Crystal and her mouth ravished by a kiss. Crystal put Cody on her hip like a mother puts a toddler on her hip. Cody did the only thing she could; she wrapped her legs around Crystal’s waist and held on. The girls moved Cody’s bags into the bedroom they shared.

All the girls sat down and talked about their holidays. Amy’s brother got out of the hospital and is living at an assisted living facility. He was there instead of home because of the physical therapy. Karen came to visit him, looking like a million dollars and teased the boy mercilessly. He really enjoyed her visit. Janice talked about Cody coming to stay at her home for three days. Michael was in love and didn’t know about Cody. He was pissed off for a while when Janice and Cody cleaned their clocks playing basketball.

“Why were you in Houston, Cody?”

“I will get to that when it is my turn.”

Linda had the most boring vacation in some ways, she had to shovel snow on two days and cut a couple of cords of wood, in case the power went out. Her parents were greatly surprised by the presents that Crystal and Cody bought her. Crystal bought her a skirted suit where the skirt actually came to just above her knee. Linda wondered how the girl got enough measurements to actually create a fitted skirt. She then told them about the laptop that Cody had bought her. Crystal spent a week between Trenton, New Jersey and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She and her Mom then flew to London for a week. Her Mom had business there and they celebrated Christmas there.

Cody then began his story about flying back to Odessa, getting a call before they landed and then her flying to Fort Worth and Houston, flying Medical Transport.

“I flew a heart to Fort Worth and a Pancreas to Houston, for transplant surgery. While in Houston, Don Richardson, who co-owns Richardson Aviation, had the mechanics there work on the plane I was flying. I didn’t know Janice lived there and she had seen the plane I flew in on. She called me and I wound up staying with her for three days. Then I worked my butt off as the hangar manager for a bunch of days.”

“What did you do as a hangar manager?” Amy asked.

“I kept up with all the planes they own, kept the hangar clean, moved planes in and out of the hangar, inspected and cleaned planes that were returned, took planes to the mechanics, kept up with the schedule on a large whiteboard and made reports to the boss and secretary. It was a lot of work.”

At four fifteen they all got their things and headed to the women’s gym, Where Coach Davis worked them unmercifully to get her girls back in shape for the season. It was run, more running and then they closed with running. Many of girls swore off pigging out over the holidays. A promise they would keep till the next holiday. Cody had more fun because of all the work she had done over the same time period, left her fitter.

Crystal was glad they didn’t have school the next day. She got to keep her promise with Cody. They didn’t get any sleep till three in the morning.

Thursday they all had classes. Cody had adjusted her schedule so that she and Crystal were mostly out of class at the same time period and she was free for basketball practice. She even decided to take a course in Kinesiology.

The game next weekend was at North Carolina; Cody couldn’t fly with the girls, because he wasn’t a member of the team. He called his mom though, and she flew into Arlington to pick him up and take him and six friends to the game.

She flew a two year old Beechcraft King Air 250. The avionics were first class, modern and up to date. Amanda was evaluating the plane with the intent of buying it. The company that owned it was in the process of going under and the owners were caught looting the company. The bank repossessed the plane and would sell it to her if she picked up the note. There was eight hundred thousand dollars left on the note on a four million dollar plane, as there was a glut of planes on the market.

The King Air was in excellent condition mechanically and esthetically. Amanda spent the week in Class training for the King Air 250. She and Ronald Richardson then flew half a dozen times at night. She had over twenty hours in the plane, when she flew into Arlington on Thursday. If she bought the aircraft, she would see that Cody got class training.

They spent Friday night in a motel, and met up with the team at lunch. The team was happy to see Cody and the members of the practice squad. They had said nothing about coming to the game. Crystal gave him a huge hug and a couple of swats to the rear for not telling her.

The game against Appalachian State was a good one for UTA. The two teams matched up well and it was a hard played game for both sides. Both sides went with quicker lineups at times and slowed the ball up other times. The lead changed a dozen times during the game. Karen and Amy’s three point shooting was what broke the game open and put the Lady Mavs in the lead. Cody was right there, beside the coaches as they rooted for the team. She was a big moral boost to the players.

Amanda bought the airplane.

Cody couldn’t remember what it was like now to get up and dress as a boy. He was so use to dressing in frills, doing his makeup and hair upon rising. Now he wouldn’t dress any other way. He also almost exclusively wore the larger breast forms also. Crystal liked it better when he wore them.

Amanda’s divorce came through and she got eight million, the house in Odessa and a few odds and ends. Roger Dalton also doubled Cody’s educational funds and guaranteed thirty-five percent of his net-worth as a legacy in the case of his death. Roger really did love his son, he was just sorry that work took him away so much. He also informed his wife that he was getting married in two months. She wasn’t happy, but she could live with things as they were.

Amanda called her son on a Wednesday and told him all the news. He told her to fly down on Friday. They had a home game and he could sit with her in the bleachers. Arkansas State was coming to play them (Another University, not the one in Little Rock). Arkansas State was having a phenomenal season. This game too was hard fought, but this time Arkansas won.

Amanda spent the weekend with the girls having fun. She didn’t have time to herself to wallow in self-pity. Cody got to spend some more time with her on Saturday. The trip did wonders for her outlook on life.

They flew with a plane load of girls to the game at Lafayette Louisiana. Amanda insisted that Cody sit with the coaches if it was his option. Just being with a group of students and being with Cody now, really had helped her mental attitude.

It was also at this game that Cody met Crystal’s mother, Monica Davis. Amanda and Monica Davis got to talking about their lives. Monica is a self-made woman. She had studied business management and advertising at college and started her own firm, with her husband Carson. Carson couldn’t help but dip his pen in the company ink well. She fired him and divorced him in the same week, much to his consternation.

She had flown down to see her daughter and the boy Crystal couldn’t stop talking about. Monica found Cody a little different, but she also found that she liked the boy and his mother very much. She told Crystal to just be sure and if he was the one hold onto him with all her might. Don’t let job or rivals get between true love.

The game was hard fought, but UTA’s shooting proved to be the key to winning this game. Every girl shot above her average except for Amy. Their defense was able to match up well with Lafayette, Crystal owned the key and Linda and Janice were able to clear most of the rebounds. Amy was the master of the offense, directing where the ball went and what play they put on. She wore a smile a mile wide as she dominated her opponents. UTA won 88-102.

The rest of their season went well; they won eight more games and lost one, giving them a ten-two season. They were seeded fourteenth in the south of the NCAA tournament. Cody and Amanda flew six practice squad girls to Houston and they stayed in adjoining rooms. UTA won their first game, but lost the second game to the team that eventually won the tournament, Tennessee.

Cody spent all this time living as a girl with Crystal and Linda. The whole basketball team and coaches treated him that way. He kept dressing girly except when he played basketball with the girls or when he was working on laundry or cleaning. After their last game, the girls dove into their books to keep their GPA from slipping.

After the season was over Cody rented a Cessna Skylane and took them flying around, south of the Dallas area. Crystal was excited about it. Linda loved looking at the countryside at six thousand feet. She took some incredible aerial photographs of the area south of Arlington to Waco to Corsicana and back. Cody made full stops at Waco and Corsicana.

Cody also spent time taking Class Training for the King Air 250. He loved the simulator classes, the instrumentation could tell you more about the plane, but you almost needed a degree to know how to use all the touch screens to access the information. The King Air 250 had a service ceiling of thirty thousand feet. There was much he had to learn about aircraft pressurization. He also got to fly a King Air 250. He just loved flying this plane. He seemed to have a feeling for it. It took off, flew and landed like a dream. It powered up nicely and had plenty of power. Stall recovery wasn’t a problem for the plane. Cody did very well with his class training and review. He received his certification to fly the King Air 250.

A week before spring break, Crystal, Linda, Janice, Amy and Karen all got together and got Cody into her first Bikini. The bra top of the suit covered all of the silicone of the breasts and with the use of swimsuit adhesive, she could swim in the top.

Cody took off the silicone hips and butt. All the exercise he got with the girls had added some muscle in those areas. He had a nicely curved backside. His skirts had begun to get a little tight there anyway. Amy took the bottom and added some interfacing to stiffen the front and the gusset and some elastic cording to the leg wholes of the boy cut panty. She then lined the inside to hide the changes she had made. The legs were just a little tight but they didn’t cut off the circulation.

The bottom along with the judicious use of tape, allowed him to run, jump, swim and wrestle with the girls and not be embarrassed. The girls tried the latter with him and had fun doing it. It was alright till they started their incessant tickling. The part of Cody that Crystal liked best could still come out and play, with some assistance.

It might have been strange to have your mother fly you and a bunch of girls down to Port Aransas to take part in spring break rites at Port A. Cody brought Crystal, Linda, Amy, Karen and Janice.

Cody did most of the flying. His mother only took charge when she wanted Cody to use maps and VOR to figure out just where they were, just for practice. He would find some beacons and then using them plot out roughly where they were. They also kept a wary eye on the weather; the spring weather in Texas could change at the drop of the hat.

Cumulonimbus clouds can grow from nothing to towering angry thunderstorms in as little as thirty minutes and then die out just as fast. Early spring to early summer can be a rip roaring time for aviation in Texas. Today the moisture was there as was there as was wind shear. The moisture gets its lift from heating.

The King air was drifting east as they flew. Cody adjusted for the drift. Their direction of travel was about twenty degrees to the right for most of the flight. There was also cool dry air to the north. The Weather Service did state there was a chance for storms in the afternoon as a result of heating.

Some clouds had formed hundreds of miles to the west, but they were drifting to the north east of their present location. Cody was passed from Fort Worth Center to Houston Center to Corpus Christie Approach. The Mustang Beach Airport was a VFR airport, with no tower or ground control. Approach gave them clearance to land. Their approach was from the north and Cody turned to 120 degrees. He landed the plane and taxied it to the north end of the strip, so Cody and the girls could get out.

Cody then led the girls to his grandfather’s home, so he could pick up the Range Rover and get their luggage. The girls were surprised that the home was within walking distance of the airport. Cody unlocked the house and let the girls in. He turned on the breaker box, so the girls would have power and got the car out of the shed and drove it to the airport to pick up the luggage. Amanda was already doing her preflight to head back to Odessa, when Cody arrived to pick up the luggage. He got his hug and waved to his mother as she flew back out.

Back at the home the girls had opened up the house to air it out. The house was in pretty good shape. A management company takes care of the place and leases it out. If Cody hadn’t come the home could have brought in thirty five hundred dollars for spring break week, with a two thousand dollar deposit. The renters needed fifty-five hundred cash in hand to rent the place. The house was built on a dozen stilts sunk well into the ground and was elevated fourteen feet.

“Why are all the houses on stilts?” Linda asked.

“Where we are standing is six feet above sea level at high tide. This house was rebuilt in 1971. In 1970 the water here would have been in the house. This whole area of Mustang Island was under eighteen feet of water when Hurricane Celia blew through. Granddad showed me pictures. Nothing was left standing in this area.”

“Why build here then?” Karen asked.

“People love resort houses near the beach,” Janice replied.

“Granddad bought the place for a hundred and ten thousand dollars, after he retired. He also bought a boat to fish from. He would spend half a year fishing from here and he wintered in Ruidoso, New Mexico, or Kingwood Texas till he passed away in 2011. Mom kept this place and hired people to keep it up to lease it and the boat out. We come down here twice a year to spend a couple of weeks fishing. The money from the leases goes to the expense of keeping this place up and property taxes. The house and boat pay for themselves.”

The girls got their luggage and claimed their rooms. Cody let Linda take the master bedroom with its queen size bed; she would be able to sleep on the diagonal. The two other bedrooms were taken by Crystal and Cody and Amy and Karen. Both bed rooms had double beds that could be moved together. Janice had the fold out couch in the living room.

They all changed into their swim suits and Cody led them to the boat. The boat was a fifty two foot sport fisher cabin cruiser, with duel four hundred horse diesel engines, fly bridge, radar, DGPS, depth finder, advanced fish finding sonar, master bedroom, two bunk beds, fold out couch, two toilets, galley, refrigerator, propane stove, satellite TV, amateur HF, VHF, and marine radios, and a propane grill on the deck.

“Oh wow Cody, that is a big boat, can we go fishing in the Gulf?”

“Sure if everyone wants to spend a day or so out on the water. We will need food, drinks, bait and Dramamine. Mom called ahead and had to boat serviced, this week and had the zincs replaced.”

“Wow we could all live on this boat for a week,” Amy said. “I am in.”

“This will be better than being gawked at by horny males,” Crystal said.

“I am in,” Janice and Karen both replied.

“Let’s go shopping then,” Cody said. “Crystal and Janice, get some idea of what you guys want to eat for four days, and let me take a look at the boat. We will head to the supermarket in an hour. The beach is a quarter mile that way if the rest of you want to get some sun. There are beach blankets in the house.”

Cody checked the boat out, got the fishing rods ready, checked to see that the live bait well worked, turned on the refrigerator and began to air out the engine room. When he finished he went to the house and put on a pair of pants and a tank top. Linda, Amy and Karen had all gone down to the beach to mess around.

Cody drove about a half mile to the grocery. Janice bought the alcohol, while Cody and Crystal got the grub and drinks. They got a mountain of food for the week and then some. It was good that they were early, Port Aransas was about to become a very crowded place, Mustang Island was not quite as popular as South Padre, they still had six or seven thousand students living on the beach. The stores were heavily stocked but even then they usually had a hard time keeping up.

Back at the house they found the girls had indeed gone to the beach. Cody went into the backyard and pulled a little red wagon to the back stairs. They left half the food in the house and carted half the food to the boat. The refrigerator was down to thirty four degrees so it was working well. They also filled an ice chest, which doubled as a bench seat, with ice and their other cold storage items.

Cody started up the engines and checked all the gauges. The engines were running in the green, oil pressure looked good and the auxiliary power was good. The air-conditioning for the cabin was running and all the lights, instruments, radar and radios were running. The girls had returned and had dressed and came down to the boat.

“If we leave now we can make it out of the jetty before sundown,” Cody said. “I need to fill the gas tanks and the potable water tanks. I also need to pick up some bait, if we are going fishing.”

The girls got what they needed for a few days and they headed out. Cody stopped at the marina and left Crystal fill the diesel tanks and the potable water tank. Everybody else hit the store. Cody had them all buy sun hats, caps and sunglasses. He bought sun screen, zinc oxide for the nose and cheeks, a twelve pound brick of frozen squid, and a bag of live mullet. He also bought a dozen stainless steel leaders, a box of hooks, lead weights, a couple of trolling lures and four hundred pounds of ice for the fish storage tank. When Cody saw some fishing maps for the Texas Costal wasters, he picked one up.

He also got fishing licenses for himself and all the girls, with salt water stamps. Linda’s and Crystal’s licenses were more expensive since they were from out of state.

When everything was loaded and paid for, Cody began to head out. He made one last stop at the US Coast Guard dock. The Coasties were doing not quite doing Random Safety Inspections. They hit as many boats as possible. They knew the boat Cody drove was often leased and they were all over his boat. Luckily there were more than enough life preservers, everyone was sober and there were no controlled substances on board. Cody took this time to file a float plan for the boat.

Cody drove the boat from the cabin as he entered the jetty; Amy and Karen were sunbathing in the five pm sun on the bow. Cody asked Crystal to tell them that that wasn’t a good idea right now.

“Why they have their bikini tops on.”

“It’s high tide and I am about to hit the breakwater. Water will be coming over the bow for a mile or so.”

Crystal had an evil smile on her face and said, “Ok I will tell them.”

Crystal went out front to talk to the girls and left. Amy and Karen continued to sunbath. Finally Cody reached the end of the Jetty and had to fight the waves coming in. The first big wave he hit, drenched Amy and Karen. Cody slowed down and quartered on the waves so the girls could more easily make it to the back of the boat. He then turned into the waves and continued on the course he had selected. Crystal had two towels ready for the girls.

“You could have given us warning, Cody,” Amy shouted, as she stripped her top off and began drying.

“I did, I sent Crystal out to tell you. I saw her talking to you.”

“Crystal, you scum sucking skank. She just asked us, if we wanted something to drink,” Karen shouted back, as she too stripped off her top.

They left off their tops and headed back to stern of the boat to catch some sun to warm up. The water smoothed out and Cody turned south west for a short while. He then began teaching the all the girls how to operate the boat, navigate and use the radio. He didn’t plan on getting lost at sea, but things sometimes happened. Also if they were going trolling for fish, he couldn’t be at the helm and at the stern at the same time. They weren’t going to bring any sharks or barracudas on board his boat. They were even dangerous out of the water and he didn’t have the skill to safely handle them on a boat.

Cody went up the flybridge to check out the controls from there. A flybridge is a second elevated control point for the boat, seen on private fishing boats. It gives the captain of the boat better visibility to hunt for fish. Amy came up right behind him. He checked the steering, throttles and electronics that were up there. He then let Amy take the wheel for a bit as he took a pair of binoculars out. She asked him what he was looking for.

“I am looking for birds. There are several species of birds that come out miles from shore to hunt bait fish. Where you find birds, you find bait fish and where you find bait fish you find big fish. It’s too late to go trolling today, but tomorrow I want to know where the birds are. Keep the boat on this heading till the way point comes up on the GPS unit then shut it down. You should get there in about forty or fifty minutes. That will be our anchorage for the night. Holler if you see another boat coming toward us on the radar.”

When Cody came down, Karen went up. He then began getting the rods out, putting them into the rod holders on the rail of the boat. He checked out each rod, tying a weight on to each line and then letting it play out behind the boat. He then reeled in the line checking it for kinks, cuts or frays. On the two big trolling rods, he took extra care, crimping on four foot steel leaders.

Just as he finished, the boat started to slow down. He went to the helm in the cabin, checking the radar, GPS and the depth finder. They were in fifty feet of water a mile or so away from an oil rig. He shut down the boat motors and went on the bow to drop anchor. He let out three hundred fifty feet of anchor line and tied it off.

He got everybody into the Cabin for a talk. He polled the girls about swimming, everyone could swim well and all agreed that Linda was the strongest swimmer. “Ok we can swim out here, the current isn’t too bad. One person has to stay on the boat at all times watching, there are currents in some areas that can easily sweep a swimmer miles away. Stay with in twenty feet of the boat. We have life rings on a rope if anybody gets too far away or they can move the boat to pick up the swimmer. I set an alarm on the radar, if any boat is headed our way, I need to be awake and at the controls. If they are within five miles we are moving.”

Cody took his cell phone out, “There are a lot of oil rigs out here. The rigs have cellular towers, so we have cell phone coverage. We also have Direct TV. If you want to fish, we can bottom fish tonight and we can troll for Marlin tomorrow. I have the rods ready for bottom fishing; all I have to do is cut bait. I saw some fish on the Hummingbird. Do what you want to do. Food is in the fridge and under the bench. Drinks are under the bench. A couple of beers is ok, but don’t get drunk or I am taking us back in. Oh and don’t worry about mosquitos, they don’t get out away from shore.”

Janice, Linda and Crystal decided to use the TV. Janice made sandwiches for everyone. Amy and Karen wanted to fish, so Cody cut bait and sat out back and watched them. The girls baited their own hooks. Amy didn’t have her bait on the bottom for a minute when it got hit; she set the hook and began to reel it in. There were two hooks on the rigs Cody made. When Amy got the rig to the surface she had two nice sized red snapper.

Cody took the fish and began to gut and clean them on a table on the deck. He got out an acrylic cutting board, cleaned it with bleach and rinsed it with fresh water. He gutted, scaled and fileted the fish, wrapping them in Saran wrap and put them on ice.

Karen caught a small grouper fish, Cody told her that she had to release it, as it was too small. She didn’t mind, it was fun catching it. The two girls caught about a dozen more fish till they called it a day. Cody released a couple of the fish, due to size restrictions. She cleaned all the fish and put them on ice before he cleaned the deck and table with salt water. After rinsing with fresh water, he jumped into the gulf with Amy while Karen watched over them. He traded places with her and she cleaned fish gunk off of her.

They stripped off; Cody soaped up their swimsuits, put them in a mesh bag and used seawater to wash them. He then rinsed them with fresh water. He then hung the suits on the rigging, to dry.

Inside the cabin the girls were watching an HBO movie on the TV. Karen pulled a naked Cody into her lap. Cody tucked himself back as he sat on her lap.

“Amy and Karen have caught us breakfast. I will get up early and grill it for us.” Cody said. “Tomorrow don’t forget to use zinc oxide on your noses and cheeks, we will start trolling for big fish around seven-thirty.”

After the movie they all went out on the deck. The sky looked awesome now that they were away from the shore. You could still pick out Corpus Christi by the city lights, but they were just a distant glow off the dust in the sky. Janice made a pallet on the fighting chair; it was nice outside now that there were no insects to worry about. Linda headed into the master bedroom to go sleep. Amy and Karen went to bed in the bunks on either side of the hall. Crystal and Cody pulled out the couch bed. Cody made one last check of the weather, the radar, the lights and looked in a three sixty around the boat, before he lay down.

Cody woke before the sun broke the horizon in the east and moved the grill toward the stern. He started it heating before he went back into the cabin, to get things ready. He started an urn of coffee and made a sauce out of garlic, minced onions, melted butter, salt, pepper, paprika and chopped parsley.

Cody sprayed the grill with an olive oil cooking spray when the girls began to stir. He brushed the fish with the sauce and laid them on the grill cooking at three fifty for twenty minutes. The girls made some other things. Amy scrambled a dozen eggs, while Crystal made toast.

The five girls chowed down, only Cody’s quick action saved a piece of fish for him. Still he counted his fingers before he began to eat. He had enough fish for a dozen people and it was all gone, as were the eggs and toast.

As the girls cleaned up, Cody said, “We are going to get sunburned today, wear pants, and be ready to put long sleeve shirts over tanks, sunglasses, sun block on exposed skin and zinc oxide on noses, ears and cheeks. Re-apply sun block every two or three hours and zinc oxide as needed. Caps or straw hats on deck. You can thank me later. I have been there and done that, with grandpa, but he let me learn the hard way.”

Everybody got dressed and ready, Cody was the busiest as he had to dress, do all the rigging and prepare the boat to get under way. He taught the girls as he worked, so his job wouldn’t be as hard, later. Finally he started the two big diesels that powered the boat and weighed anchor. Karen joined Cody on the flybridge as he got under way. He had her use the binoculars to scan the surface of the gently rolling waves for birds. He kept an eye out for traffic and on the depth finder, fish finder and DGPS units.

“Birds ahoy,” Karen shouted.

Cody took the binoculars and looked for himself. Karen did indeed spot a large flock of birds about three miles away. Some of the birds were flying high and then diving into the water.

“Ok, let’s head over there. We don’t want to drive through the birds; we just want to pass by them on a tangent. We can disperse the bait fish if we pass in the middle of them.”

Cody turned the boat and signaled Crystal to set the riggers, there were two lines set out on each side. He ran the farthest out at 90 feet behind the boat, the two inside at sixty feet. Karen took the wheel as Cody went down to attach the mullet to the shotgun or center rig. When they got within a half mile of the birds Cody let it out a hundred eighty feet behind the boat.

On the first pass, they didn’t get a hit, Cody back at the wheel, taught Karen how to make a slow turn around the birds. On the second pass, they got lucky. The left short rig got a hit. Amy got that rod, while Janice, Linda and Crystal reeled in the other lines. Karen cut the throttles and Cody turned on the cameras before he went down to assist the girls. The fish broke the water. It was a very nice Mahi Mahi about four feet long. Amy had the time of her life reeling in the fish on one of the smaller rods. Cody took out the eight foot long gaff and snagged the fish when it got next to the boat. Crystal helped him pull the thirty five pound fish on the boat.

“We are going to have some good eating for dinner tonight,” Cody said.

He gutted the fish and put it on ice in a floor locker. Karen took them in a slow loop and they let the lines back out after re-baiting all the hooks. Cody went back up with Amy and Karen went down to the deck. Amy took her turn at the wheel, with Cody giving her direction. They had just begun a run, when they got a big hit on the shotgun line. Cody knew it was trouble for him, as he saw a big barracuda break the surface. Crystal took the long line as Amy cut the throttle. Cody told Crystal to play the fish, but they weren’t going to bring it on board. He didn’t have the skill to bring the Tiger of the Sea on board.

“Crystal, a barracuda is a fish that has the personality of a buzz saw and a mouth full of long teeth. It can thrash on deck and wound everybody on deck.”

“Ok, so it is catch and release. You have got it.”

The barracuda had to be six or seven foot long and it really could pull the line off the reel. Crystal sat in the fighting chair and Janice kept her pointed to the fish as Cody told Crystal what to do. Amy slowly turned the boat as Cody gave her hand signs. It got easier as she saw what Cody wanted. Cody wanted the fish to be kept to the stern of the boat. Crystal had to work for half an hour before they got the fish to the side of the boat. Janice took a lot pictures of the fish, just before Cody cut the steel leader. She could see the mouth full of sharp spike like teeth. The barracuda floated beside the boat for ten or fifteen seconds, before it disappeared in an ungodly burst of speed.

They made a couple of more passes catching junk fish, as Cody called them. Cody brought in a twenty inch wahoo, that was a keeper. Janice and Cody were up on the flybridge when their next big strike came. Karen took a turn at the rod with the fish. She had a five foot Sailfish on the shotgun line. She fought the fish and brought it to the side of the boat. She told Cody it was such a pretty fish, that she wanted to let it go. Cody took a long pole and got the hook out of its mouth and the fish wasted no time in leaving. They also caught a twenty eight pound and twenty five pound Mahi Mahi.

The big strike of the day came on the third pass after the sailfish. Linda was sitting in the fighting chair and Crystal and Cody both brought the rod to her. The very stiff rod was bent over. Cody told Janice to get a bucket of water to pour over the last ferrule, when it started to smoke. Crystal and Cody both helped Linda with the rod at times. Karen kept the boat pointed.

They finally saw a very large Bluefin Tuna. Cody let out a shriek when he saw the fish. Amy kept the chair pointed toward the fish, Janice kept the last ferule cool and Karen worked the flybridge. After a little over an hour and a half, Amy traded place with Cody. Linda needed a lot of help, her arms were getting tired. Cody took a spear on a rope out and when the fish came up beside the boat, he speared it. He tied the rope off on a cleat and then got a lasso around the tail. Cody opened the back door of the boat and the five of them winched and pulled the tuna onto the boat. They were all tired as they got the fish on board. They took a hundred pictures of the fish.

“Amy and Karen get up on the flybridge set the GPS for home. Set your speed at twenty five knots. I have got to gut this fish and get him in ice. This is a ten thousand dollar fish.”

Linda nearly fainted at that. Cody covered the aft deck of the boat with an awning to get the sun off of the fish, he then measured the fish. It was 104 inches long and weighed a guesstimated six hundred pounds and ninety inches around the belly. He took a knife that was almost a sword and began to work on the fish, as Amy turned the boat home. He gutted the fish and cut the head off the fish, with a large saw. It took the four remaining people to get several deck hatches open and the giant fish into the ice. They just had enough room to get all but the tail covered in ice. He did cut two inches of the fish off for them to eat. He cut it into steaks, wrapped it in Saran wrap and buried it in the ice chest.

Cody took over control of the boat in the Cabin and the girls came down. Cody was on the phone for most of the trip back. He had arranged a buyer before they turned in at Port Aransas. He was given directions to a dock. They picked up a Bosons Mate from the Coast Guard, who wanted to inspect the boat and catch. He checked all of Cody’s and the girls’ paperwork and was finished when they got to the dock. The fish was winched out. The gutted fish and tail weighed six hundred and five pounds. Linda got her pictures of the fish hanging. The buyer cut the tail off and then weighed the fish at five hundred eighty nine pounds. Several chefs then graded the fish. The fish was in excellent condition, smelled fresh, had good texture and an excellent mixture of fat. They were offered nineteen fifty a pound, or eleven thousand dollars for the fish.

Cody wanted Linda to get the money, but that could have affected her school finances, Crystal became the owner of the fish and would make sure that Linda got a very large part of the fish. Cody also sold the two smaller Mahi Mahi for six hundred fifty after he showed the buyer. The money was paid in cash and Crystal signed the receipt, she would be responsible for the taxes. Back on the boat, she kept a thousand for taxes and gave Linda the bulk. Linda gave everyone a thousand, nobody would take more.

Instead of going back out, they gassed up, with Linda paying for the fuel and buying Tylenol and Ben Gaye for sore muscles. They went to Cody’s slip; they carried their Mahi Mahi, tuna steaks and the Wahoo to his house.

The first thing they did was to get a shower. Linda got first shot, then Janice, Amy and Karen showered together. Crystal and Cody had to wait half an hour to get their shot as the others ate up the hot water.

While Cody waited their turn, he cut up a dozens of slabs of fish forty pounds went into the freezer and ten went into the refrigerator. He made a list for Crystal to go buy some, taco shells, shredded cheese, guacamole, cilantro, tequila, limes, honey, red onions, red cabbage, refried beans, rice, jalapeños and sour cream. He sent a clean Linda and Crystal to the store. Crystal told him not to shower till she got back.

Cody turned all the bug zappers on, light four citronella candles and sprayed an area bug repellant. He cleaned and turned on the propane grill to warm it up, before he turned the deck lights on.

Linda and Crystal got back. Cody made a marinade and put ten pounds of Mahi Mahi and seven pounds of tuna into a bag, with the marinade and back in the refrigerator. The girls all got to work on making Mexican side dishes as Cody began work on making the fish taco stuff. Linda had bought nearly ten pounds of Jalapeños, a dozen large red onions, five red cabbage, forty limes, six bottles of tequila, kosher salt and four cases of Guinness Stout in a can.

Cody had been a little zealous in making the marinade which had a high tequila content. Amy and Karen began to drink the marinade, which had Cody laughing.

“It’s good,” Karen said, pouring Cody a shot.

He didn’t have to be told the honey, lime, tequila concoction was good, and he tasted it as he was making it. He drank the shot down.

As he began grilling the fish, the neighbors began poking the noses out. More food, alcohol and people began to arrive. Soon they had a big party. Cody made sure to get two fish tacos for herself and half a tuna steak, she loved fish tacos. They were a big hit. Each of his girls got two tacos and split a tuna steak, the others people were lucky to get any fish. The grilled jalapeños were in a smoker grill that used pecan wood to smoke them and they went fast also. Cody also began grilling, hamburgers, hot dogs and sausage. Cody was Mistress of the Grill.

One guy who pawed Cody and wouldn’t take get lost to heart, got hung over the rail of the fourteen foot deck by his feet, after he pawed Cody a third time. Linda and Crystal hung him over the rail and threatened to drop him on his head. Some guys in the back yard caught him as they dropped him. They carried the guy to the dock and unceremoniously threw him in the water.

The party had to turn down the music and the noise at eleven, Aransas Pass police made sure of that, but they were nice about it. The city made a lot of money off of spring break. At midnight the tired girls shooed everybody they didn’t know away.

Cody and Crystal finally got their shower and more, before they laid naked on their bed. They made love and an exhausted Cody fell asleep, still inside of Crystal, his head pillowed on her breasts. Crystal kept him there as she fell asleep.

Wednesday they went out back on the water. They fished just outside the breakwater, doing the catch and release thing. They really didn’t need any more fish, except for several to eat that day. They did catch a swimmer or two that got caught in a rip tide. A life guard on a jet ski came by and picked up the wayward swimmer thanking the ladies. The girls had a great time just relaxing on the bow or deck, watching the idiots on the beach. They were far enough out to cut down on the visitors. Some other boat loads of guys tried to tie up to them and party, but they were rebuffed. If the guys didn’t move off Cody would move his boat. The girls loved swimming around the boat away from the crowds.

Cody and the girls did get involved in a search and rescue for a missing girl. The coast guard had her driving her boat up and down the break water, while the girls looked out over the Gulf of Mexico. The girl was found a couple of miles or so away from where she had gone into the water. She had gotten caught in a current parallel to the beach while she was out about a hundred yards; she was alive but very tired from trying to swim out of the current.

The girls had Cody pull out a few miles from shore so they could get some topless sun in. In fact they went topless and bottomless. He took the boat out about ten miles. The water was a little choppier today. Cody sat up in the flybridge to watch the water for boats and used the bow thrusters to keep the boat oriented for the girls. The currents, where they were, were minimal around the boat. So they spent a bit of time swimming in the areas.

They came back to the dock before sunset to do some drinking at the home. Cody wouldn’t let them get drunk on the boat and they had a case of Stout still back at the house. This time Linda taught them all how to make a half and half, using Bass Pale Ale and Guinness Stout. Cody actually liked the two flavors the mix provided.

While they drank they also began dancing, the only music they had available music from the cable TV. They had just over fifty stations of music to choose from. Amy and Karen found a forties station and began to swing dance to the big band sound. They were both very good and Karen was really swinging Amy around. Cody bowed out of swing dancing, she had never seen it before, but when she changed the channel to a western station, she showed her expertise at line dancing as Crystal and Linda joined in. Cody’s Mom was a big clogger and line dancer. Crystal and Linda had to copy Cody’s steps some and Cody looked to the girls to give his dance a feminine twist.

Amanda called and told Cody she was flying down Friday after three and wanted to go fishing Saturday, Cody told her about the Tuna that Linda had caught and Amanda was excited. Cody also promised her mom some Mahi Mahi fish tacos, saying they already had some in the freezer. Cody said they would have the boat ready and they could spend the night out on the water and fish on Saturday. They would fly back to Arlington Sunday evening and Amanda would return to Odessa Monday morning.

Thursday it was easier to take the boat to the marina to buy necessities than to drive four blocks to the grocery. The streets were almost grid locked with foot traffic. Most of the spring breakers walked to the store. So they took the boat to the marina. Cody bought Linda a Tuna and three Mahi Mahi pennants for the girls that caught them. She also bought her mom a cap and sunglasses. The girls spent the rest of the day swimming off the boat out past the breakers.

Amy and Karen used light rods to fish at the edge of the breakwater, twenty miles away from the Aransas channel. They ran into a school of flounder and speckled trout, near where a shrimp trawler had passed by. The trawler stirred up the shrimp and baitfish causing the other fish to begin a feeding frenzy. They kept the first eight good sized fish and released a couple of dozen other fish.

Cody grilled six of the fish they kept; he found ways to change what he cooked to keep the fish interesting to the girls. Everyone appreciated the effort that she put into cooking the fish, although Amy said she could eat fish all day every day. She preferred fish and chicken to pork or red meat, although she would eat them also.

They stayed out on the gulf that night and came in at noon to wait for the arrival of Amanda. Cody stopped by the marina, she still had some squid, but needed some more bait fish, as her mom liked to troll for big fish. Crystal topped off the diesel and water tanks, before they returned to the slip.

Cody and Crystal drove to the airport when they heard a turbo prop fly in at about two. It was Amanda. Cody helped tie down the plane as Amanda paid the tie down fees. She would have liked hangaring the plane, but the hangars were all too small for her plane.

They stopped to drop off some things at the house and to let Amanda change clothes. They then headed down to the boat. The girls greeted Amanda with hugs while they made ready to head out. Cody pulled out of the slip and then they headed out to sea after a stop at the marina for bait and ice. Once past the breakwater Amanda joined the girls sunning out on the bow. She noted that all the girls had that all over tan, even Cody was tanned everywhere that wasn’t covered with silicone.

Once Cody was out over blue water, she began looking for birds feeding from the fly bridge. The baitfish might move, but if you find them once they are easier to find again. After an hour she came across and enormous flock of birds on the water, a couple of miles away. She stopped the boat and Amanda joined Cody in the flybridge.

Cody pointed out the birds to her Mom.

“Damn but that is a huge flock of birds.”

“Yeah, they have got to be sitting on a huge school of fish.”

“We are in fifty feet of water,” Amanda said, checking the depth finder. “Let’s set anchor here and we will try to find them tomorrow. It’s going to be too dark to troll soon.”

Cody went down to the deck and set the anchor.

Amanda fit right in with all the girls on the boat, they had somewhat of a party, but Cody didn’t let them drink too much. She didn’t want to have to fish a drunken girl out of the drink; a couple of drinks were ok though, for everyone but Cody. She had to stay sober as the designated captain of the boat. The Coasties could be hell on a boat load of drunks, since they were still within the 200 nautical mile limit of US territorial waters. The girls also didn’t want to stress it out with Cody and played nice with her rules.

After a few hours they settled down and watched movies on the satellite TV. Cody checked the radar and the weather.

“It might get a little bumpy in a couple of hours as the dregs of a line of thunderstorms comes our way. I have checked with the coast guard and they said that we could see six to eight feet seas.”

Cody also suggested Dramamine for everybody and that they should get some sleep earlier, rather than later. Janice shared the big bed with Linda, Amy and Karen took their bunks in the gangway and Amanda and Crystal slept on the fold out, while Cody rested in the comfortable reclining captain’s bench. Instead of lights out in the cabin, Cody went to red lights so he could see what he was doing. He also wore a headset so he could listen to the radio without disturbing everyone.

Everyone was asleep by ten thirty that night. Cody woke a little before two in the morning. A flash of light to the North West had caused his eyes to open. He went up on the fly bridge and enclosed it before checking on the weather with the Coast Guard. The storm would be in his area by two thirty and was expected to die out a little after four.

Cody ventilated the engine room and started the big diesels. Amanda and Crystal woke as the engines came alive. Amanda seeing the flashes took the helm as Cody began to weigh anchor. They had four big lights on top of the flybridge they used at night in weather, so they turned them on so they could see. The wind and the waves hit them first, Cody would keep the bow pointed into the waves, Amanda and Crystal kept look out to the sides and the stern.

After the first eight foot wave hit them, everybody was awake, Karen and Janice were a little queasy, but nobody was getting sick. Cody only used enough power to maintain steerage and a little more to power into the waves. The rain hit around two forty am, the seas were rough but only an annoyance. It rained a couple of inches an hour for about an hour and a half before the storm died out, a little after four thirty. The seas immediately went from rough to just choppy. Cody killed the engines, set a drift alarm on the GPS, if the boat drifted over two miles he would be awakened and everybody got a few more winks of sleep, with the boat drifting. Crystal snuggled up to Cody in the Captain’s bench.

Saturday they got a late start. Seven people getting fed and dressed in limited space contributed to it, along with being awakened in the night by a storm. Amanda made breakfast for everyone as they got ready. It was after eight that morning before they started looking for the birds.

They were a little over four miles from where they had anchored, but the storm had churned up the seas enough to scatter the bait fish in the Gulf. Cody and Amy took the flybridge as they started their hunt. Amanda, Crystal and Linda got the rods and rigging set while Cody was starting the hunt.

After almost two hours, Amy saw a few birds and Cody changed their course a bit. Soon they were seeing larger flocks of birds and Cody was beginning to see more fish on the fish finder. Then off to starboard Amy saw a sea of birds on the water.

“Jesus,” Cody said. “I have never seen a flock of birds that large before.” Cody then hollered down to the deck. “MOM, Crystal, Linda get the bait on the hooks and the lines in the water.”

They got the lines rigged out and into the water. Cody had just started his first pass when they got a hit. Amanda took the hot rod from the port rail, while the girls reeled in the other lines. Cody came down and helped her Mom. It was a big fish; by the way the line was going out. Amanda played the fish. When it broke the water they saw it was a large Mahi-Mahi. Bigger than the one they caught the other day. Still it only took twenty minutes to land the sixty pound fish.

Amy and Karen up at the flybridge began another run doing a slow turn to the East of the bird flock, as Cody took care of the fish. She gutted the fish and got it on ice about the time they got a strike on the shotgun line. Linda took the rod and the girls began reeling in the side rigs. Amanda got a strike as she was reeling in the outrigger and Crystal got a hit on the rod she was reeling in.

There was a dance on the stern as the girls were reeling in their fish, with Cody giving Amy directions trying to keep all three fish to the stern. Amanda landed her Mahi-Mahi first; it was about a thirty pound fish. Crystal got her Mahi-Mahi in; it was a twenty four pound fish. Linda’s fish was big, not as big as her Bluefin tuna, but the biggest fish they caught this day. She took thirty five minutes to reel in a three hundred and thirty five pound Yellowfin tuna.

Amanda assisted Cody in gutting the fish and getting them on ice as the girls made them all something to eat. Amanda and Cody then cleaned the deck and jumped into the Gulf for a quick wash. After eating, Amanda took the flybridge with Crystal and let Cody, Amy and Karen take a chance. Cody and Amy caught a couple of Amberjacks, while Karen caught another Mahi-Mahi and Janice caught another Yellowfin tuna before they called it a day. Their fish tank and the ice chest seat were full to the brim as Amanda drove the boat in. Cody did his number preparing the fish and calling the fish broker.

At the dock of the fishery they were met by the broker. He inspected the fish they were selling. They had two tuna, while not as prized as the Bluefin tuna brought in thirty two hundred dollars. They kept two smaller Mahi-Mahi and sold the rest of the fish for another two thousand dollars. Amanda signed for the fish and was paid five thousand two hundred dollars. Amanda kept two thousand for the boat and taxes and everyone was given four hundred and fifty dollars.

Amy was laughing and said, “Damn, this is the first spring break I’ve gone on where I had fun and came back with more money than I brought.”

“You’re not kidding,” Linda said. “I’ve never had as much money at one time as I do now.”

All the girls including Amanda lipsticked up and kissed Cody’s cheeks, leaving their marks. Since she didn’t wash it off immediately and since it was all eighteen hour lipsticks, Cody wore those lip prints till she had time to take it off with makeup remover.

They cut wrapped the fish back at the house and put it all in the deep freeze. They were tired but they would be leaving the next day, so they spent a couple of hours cleaning the house and the boat, to get them ready so the property manager could lease them.

The next morning Cody and Amanda drove the luggage and two ice chests brimming with fish to the plane. They had a hundred and twenty pounds of rock hard frozen fish. The fish would keep itself from spoiling on the trip to Arlington and Odessa. Amanda began her preflight as Cody returned the car to its shed and locked it up. She then trotted back to the airstrip.

Amanda had already checked the weather and filed a flight plan. Cody got some more hours in flying. He now needed only fifteen more hours to qualify for a commercial pilot’s license. She would get that before the end of school and then test for her commercial license back in Odessa.

Amanda dropped the girls off at Arlington Municipal Airport where they picked up, Crystal’s Escalade and drove back to their apartment after dropping off Amy, Karen and Janice.

“I have to say that this was the best vacation, that I have ever been on,” Linda said, hugging Cody and Crystal. “ I love you both like sisters.”

“What are you planning on doing after school?” Cody asked.

“I have thought about taking up fishing, but I know that won’t work. Fishing won’t be fun if I have to do it every day,” Linda said, laughing. “But really, I will be here for four more years, if I can afford it. I hope to be an audiologist.”

“I may be changing my course of study after my freshman year. I am thinking I like flying too much. So I might be changing my course work to aeronautical engineering,” Cody said.

“Seeing you when you fly, I think that that will fit you fine,” Crystal said. “You need to teach me how to fly, if you are going to be out in Timbuktu all the time though. I want you in my bed.”

Linda laughed and teased the pair, “Cody and Crystal, sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Cody pushing a baby carriage.”

“I wouldn’t mind that, Linda. I will get a super large one and put you in a baby carriage wearing a diaper and footed pajamas.”

Crystal broke out in a big laugh, she almost dropped the stuff she was carrying, “I could have gone my whole life and never have thought about anything like that, now that picture is stuck in my head. Somebody shoot me and put me out of my misery.”

They loaded Crystals Escalade with their luggage and frozen fish. Amanda had taken forty pounds of the Mahi-Mahi and let the girls take the rest. Crystal drove straight home and got the fish back in the freezer, still frozen solid.

As school started back, Linda and Crystal began planning a big fish ‘Fish Taco Night’ for the whole basketball team. Linda, Crystal, Janice, Amy and Karen raved over Cody’s cooking to the other girls.

Coach Davis heard about the endeavor and invited everyone to her place for their ‘Fish Taco Night’; she never had fish tacos, but heard that they were good. Coach Davis set one condition on the party. There would be no alcohol, except for cooking, since most of her athletes were under the age of twenty one. The girls were a little put off, but conceded this to their coach. Cody told everyone, he had enough fish for two hundred tacos and he needed a headcount on how many people would be there. Coach Davis printed up tickets, that everyone would need to be admitted to the feast and each ticket was good for two fish tacos.

Cody assigned dishes for the girls to work on. Only a couple of the players lived off campus and had kitchens. Janice was charged with making eight pounds of guacamole, Amy and Karen would come over to Crystals and help chop, red onions, cabbage, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, jalapeños and lettuce. Linda and Crystal would help and also get the shredded cheeses and Cody bought a really nice propane grill.

Cody was surprised at the size of the kitchen that Coach Davis had. She came over to her place two days before the cookout to thaw the fish in her huge side by side refrigerator. The kitchen could easily be used for a small restaurant. Coach Davis helped make three gallons of marinade using nine quarts of Jose Cuervo, three dozen limes, finely chopped onions, finely chopped garlic, three bottles of lime juice, minced cilantro, salt, pepper, a dozen finely chopped jalapeños and cayenne pepper. They took four pounds of fish in a gallon zip top bag with several cups of Marinade.

Cody had to slap Coach Davis’s hand as she was sampling the marinade way too much. She downed four tall shots of the mix. She had a silly grin on her face as Linda and Crystal led her out of the kitchen so Cody could finish.

Cody got the fish on two refrigerator racks and had a gallon of marinade left. Cody emptied a gallon bottle of water and refilled it with marinade and refrigerated that. The girls stayed for two hours more so they could turn the bags four times, so the fish would be thoroughly marinated as it thawed. Any bacteria in the bags would be thoroughly inebriated by Saturday. Coach Davis said she would turn the bags in the morning and evening.

The day before the cookout, there were tickets given to twenty six players, four coaches and twenty four others, so Cody would have plenty of fish for people like Linda.

Saturday at noon a half dozen girls came over to Coach Davis’s place to begin food preparations, shredding a couple of dozen red cabbages, dicing fifteen pounds of red onion, dicing cilantro, mincing garlic, making many pounds of refried bean, Spanish rice, making ten pounds of guacamole and making ten pounds of Queso. Coach Baker was bringing ten gallons of fresh brewed ice tea. Coach McDonald was bringing ten gallons of ice cream on dry ice.

An hour before everyone was supposed to arrive they had mostly arrived and began helping. Guys were setting up tables and folding chairs. Cody began grilling fish and Linda was grilling jalapeños. Crystal would take the fish from Cody and chop it up, putting it in the oven set at one hundred and fifty degrees. Linda did the same with her peppers. Coach Davis was busy cooking down the marinade from the bags, into a sauce, adding some sugar to it. The girl’s dates set up tables and began putting out food.

Five minutes before dinner girls’ began an assembly line. Refried beans, Spanish rice and queso were spooned on a plate. Two girls made two tacos and put them on the plate. Another girl spooned on sour cream and guacamole, before serving the plate.

Cody was flying high as unknown to Coach Davis; she was sampling some of the bottled marinade, just to make sure it was still good. She really shouldn’t drive for an hour or two.

All the cooks got three tacos on their plates before the ingredients were setup for self-serve. Crystal took a bite and gave Cody a big kiss. For two hours everyone was eating and talking. Music was started and there was some dancing and games going on.

Cody and the girls that did all the work got hugs and kisses. The fish tacos were a big hit. The people who hadn’t cooked pitched in to clean up the carnage such a large crowd can make. Coach Davis was left with about four pounds of cooked fish. She smiled as she packaged it in her fridge, along with the rest of the leftovers. She wouldn’t have to cook for a few days.

The next weekend after the taco night Cody and Crystal drove out to Spinks Airport. Cody began working on getting her Commercial Pilots License. She and an instructor flew out in a Cessna Skyhawk for a couple of hours.

After Cody went up, Crystal then signed up for a lesson on flying; she and another IP went out in a Cessna 182, for an hour. She didn’t do much of the flying, but she loved it. She would need some class work and a medical exam before she began to fly. The instructor pilot gave her a form to fill out, a list of aviation doctors, a list of instructor pilots they had and a couple of books she needed to read.

Monday they both went and got their physicals, Cody upgraded to a class 2 medical and Crystal got her class 3 physical. Cody had to take twenty hours of training going for two hours daily. Crystal took two hours of private pilot class for two days and one hour the third day passing her FAA exam on Thursday. Friday she began flying with her instructor pilot. Saturday and Sunday Cody finished her schooling. She would take her test the next Saturday and then her check ride. Crystal took Cody to the airport and took an hour of flying both days. She picked up Cody when the classes let out.

Amanda flew her King Air in on the next Saturday for Cody’s check ride. After he briefed the FAA examiner, the examiner checked the King Air’s logbook and maintenance records, before they went out on their check ride. They would be gone for about two hours.

While Cody was in the air testing, Amanda was on the ground walking around. In the pilot’s lounge was a bulletin board. She stopped to peruse the things that were posted. There was an ad for a 2011 Socata TBM 700 for sale at Spinks field. The ad said to talk to Bob Simon’s, at Simon’s Aviation Mechanics at Spinks field. She walked down to the mechanic’s shop and went to see Bob.

Bob told her about the plane. He had assumed the plane on a mechanics lien. The previous owners had flown the plane using the wrong fuel. Bob had to drain the fuel tanks and replace the engine. The previous owners owed him for work on this and other planes. He obtained a mechanic lien on the plane and when the Socata flew back in to Spinks field Bob seized the plane. The owners were given 90 days to pay their mechanical fees, along with fifty dollars a day storage fees. The ninety days passed two weeks ago.

“There is a glut of used planes on the market right now.”

“I know, I work at Richardson Aviation. I got a King Air 250 from the Bank, because the owners went belly up. What are you asking for it?”

Bob took Amanda to the plane as he went over what was owed to him and what he needed for the plane. The plane was worth a million seven hundred, the owners owed him a little over four hundred and fifty thousand on the various planes they owned. This plane was the newest in their fleet and he was in to it the most. He would let it go for eight hundred thousand, if he could get his money in thirty days.

Bob and Amanda went over the plane from top to bottom. Bob was impressed by how anal Amanda could be. She was doing a very aggressive pre-flight inspection.

“Are you Class trained on the TBM 700?”

“Not yet, but that can be rectified in a bit.” Amanda said. She went over the planes she had training on and the planes that Cody had training on, as she read every entry in the planes logbook. “This will be a plane for Cody to own.”

“That is a mighty big plane to use as a private plane.”

“Cody is testing for her Commercial license as we speak and will be flying for Richardson Aviation this summer.”

“Is that the Richardson in Odessa?”

“Yeah that is who I work for.”

“I did the annual and 500 hours inspections when I assumed ownership of the aircraft. The planes logbook contains the documentation. The plane is in grade ‘A’ condition. The owners might be deadbeats, besides using Av-Gas instead of Jet-A, they took excellent care of the aircraft.”

“Why on earth did they ever use Av-gas, for?”

“I understand that they flew from a small strip in Oklahoma to here, they only had av gas. Burning Av-Gas instead of Jet-A toasted the engines. Av-gas burns hotter than Jet-A. I heard the FAA roasted the pilots.”

“No other damage to the aircraft?”

“Was the replacement engine new or rebuilt?”

“I put a brand new P&W PT6A-66 into the plane; they could have saved a hundred grand, going with a rebuilt engine. I would keep the plane, but it is company money.”

“Can Cody get class training here at Spinks? I know where I can get class training.”

“Yes Ma’am we have an aviation trainer here. He does Cessna, King Air, Gulfstream and TBM training, among others. It’s just a ten hour course and two hours of airtime.”

“Will ten grand hold the plane for thirty days? I have my own mechanic; I would like to hear what he has to say about the plane.”

“No problem, as long as I see light at the end of the tunnel.”

Amanda wrote out a check for Bob with the understanding that she gets the money back if her mechanic says no.

“Doveryai, no proveryai,” Bob said.

The noise planes make are often unique, Amanda heard the sound of her King Air on final, before she saw it. Cody was all smiles as she debarked from the King Air. She just had to do a short debrief with the FAA instructor, who was also smiling. Before they left Cody found herself signed up for training on another plane. She was going to be busy doing all the flying just to keep her three full stop landings a quarter, to stay current.

When finals were finally complete, the girls moved Cody Crystal and Linda into a large town home. Crystal and Cody had a tearful departure at DFW. She then flew Linda, Amy and Janice home. Linda lived near a small town named Osawatomie, in Kansas. Her mom was surprised to only have to drive ten miles to pick her up at the airport in Paola.

She stared as her very tall daughter wormed her way out of the small single engine plane, followed by one diminutive girl and two average/tall girls. Cody came out lugging Linda’s bags out of the plane.

“Did you hire someone to fly you here? That had to cost a mint Linda.”

“No ma’am, that little girl is Cody; she flew us here on her plane?”

“What do I owe her?” Felicity asked. She was clearly worried.

“Nothing ma’am,” Cody said. “I couldn’t bear thinking about Linda trying to get comfortable flying Southwest. They don’t have much room between rows of seats. Linda can stretch out in my plane. Any day flying for me is like a vacation day.”

“Then all of you will come over and have dinner with us then.” Felicity Cooper stated.

Amy and Janice were OK with it, so Cody tied the plane down and jumped in the back of the Ford F 250’s bed.

Linda lived on a two thousand acre wheat farm and five acre vegetable patch. The spring wheat was just over a foot tall and was coming along fine and would be harvested mid-July to early August. Winter wheat would be planted in September. They made enough to keep the farm operating, keep them well fed and keep their home in good condition, with a little left for niceties, but they weren’t going to get rich.

They all sat in the kitchen, as Felicity talked farming. They had a small farm, they owned two big John Deer tractors, but they didn’t own their own combines. They would plant, fertilize and tend to the wheat. Twice a year traveling harvesters would come by to harvest their fields. She and her husband worked hard to make a living. She was just glad her daughter had a chance to get away from the fields.

Felicity made a meal of Chicken fried steak with red eye gravy. Linda called her father, Morgan, on the ham radio to tell him supper was about ready. He was out spraying a mix of insecticide and fungicide on the wheat and servicing their irrigation system.

“You don’t do crop dusting do you, Cody?” Felicity asked.

“No ma’am. I’m a commercial pilot but I will be working with my Mom, hauling Cargo and people around, from Odessa, Texas.”

They had a really good dinner, but Cody and the girls had to get on the road to their homes. Cody flew Janice to Houston, Hobby and Amy to Corpus Christie. She spent the night with Amy’s family. Cody got to meet Amy’s brother. He got around on crutches and showed the girls his scars.

Two days after Cody got back to Odessa, she was busy flying people around. She flew into Eagle County Colorado, just outside of Vail Colorado. Eagle County Airport is one of the top ten worst places to fly into, especially in the summer time when the air was hot, airport elevation, winds coming off the mountains and barometric pressure plays hell on planes landing or taking off. Throw in the rough mountainous terrain and landing and taking off can be a nightmare. The TBM’s 900 shp, came as a bonus.

Cody and Amanda got to see each other at least once a week or so. Summertime is big for drillers who often work seven days a week, as long as the weather holds. So Cody might be in Missouri, while Amanda was in Arizona and Ron got to spend some time with his wife, if he wasn’t in Idaho.

Cody was working in the hangar, when she was surprised by a Cessna 182 turbo that flew in. Cody marshalled the plane to a tie down point and nearly wigged out when she saw Crystal at the controls of the plane. They had a joyous reunion after Crystal wormed her way out of the small plane. She had passed her private Pilot’s test, and obtained her instrument rating. She flew into Kansas and spent a day visiting with Linda on her way to Texas and would visit her again on the way back.

“Why did you fly all the way here in a Cessna 182T?” Cody asked. “That is a long flight for a 182.”

“I figured, you might be headed to being a full time commercial pilot, Cody and if I was ever going to get to see you after college, I would have to be flying beside you. You so seem to hate flying.”

“Just don’t go running off with your assistant, unless it’s me,” Cody said emphatically.

Don and Ron were mystified as they saw the giant lady pick Cody off the ground and smothered her with kisses. Both brothers were only five foot ten inches or so and had to look up to Crystal. Cody spent the day showing Crystal around the hangar and showing her what she did when she was on the ground. Unfortunately Cody had to leave Crystal at the airport as he had to fly some people to Round Rock Texas. Since she was flying for Richardson Aviation, Crystal was precluded from flying as Cody’s co-pilot by the insurance company.

Janine, the secretary gave Crystal a lift to Amanda and Cody’s home. She entered with the keys that Cody had given her. Amanda got in about seven, she was surprised by Crystal. They went out to eat that night and Cody met up with them at the restaurant when she got into town.

They picked up Linda and flew the TBM to Houston, where they met with Janice on the Fourth of July, to watch the fireworks. Janice loved having her friends with her. Crystal had to dissuade Janice’s brother from making a move on Cody.

They flew into Mustang beach, where they met Amy and Mikey. They went out to do some fishing for a few days and to enjoy themselves. They caught a couple of Marlin, which they sold at the fish market. Linda had to show off catching the biggest fish. Crystal and Linda helped John reel in another. He was in seventh heaven, as this was the most fun he had had since the accident.

Linda got back home in time to drive a grain truck besides the combine as they began the harvest. She had a very busy four days driving long hours to bring in the harvest. Her father actually paid her half what he would have another person. She and her Mom usually just worked for free. That with the money she had earned fishing gave her more money than she had ever had.

Cody hit forty nine airports in fifteen states over the summer. Her medium range TBM was a popular plane, with the local businessmen. Ron and Don were happy with Cody and Amanda. Cody was class trained in the Citation and the Gulfstream and could now fly every plane that Richardson Aviation owned.

Cody’s last flight of the summer was in the Gulfstream with her Mom to Deadhorse Alaska at Prudhoe Bay, stopping in Seattle both ways. They were flying some special oilfield equipment and a technician, which had to get there ASAP. Cody had pictures of Mount Denali taken at an altitude of thirty two thousand feet.

Cody earned twenty eight thousand over expenses, that summer flying and logged in over two hundred hours of flight time, two thirds of which were on the various planes that Richardson owned, including the ancient DC 3, which she copiloted with Ron. The DC 3 had been modified with a large cargo door that they needed.

The girls were back in Arlington by the tenth of August, to start their basketball clinic. Cody flew in to visit the girls, but she wouldn’t be back into Arlington, to stay, till the twenty-third. She had some important flights already scheduled.

When Cody was finally back in Arlington, she got hugs and kisses from the girls, at least till she was on the court with them and they were cussing her name. She showed her friends no mercy on the basketball court and she was actually getting better.

Linda had one bedroom, Cody and Crystal had another and Amy and Karen were in the third bedroom.

Their town house became the place to be when the girls weren’t on campus. At various times during the day, there were four to six girls, whom didn’t live there, in their townhouse.

Cody could probably have won a spot on the men’s team, if she had wanted too. She didn’t need an athletic scholarship and she had no desire to appear as a male or compete with men. Coach Davis sat down with Cody to talk about it. She wanted to keep Cody for her team, but knew her male counterpart could make use of Cody’s leadership and ability.

That year, Cody and Crystal took Linda out and got her a couple of fully tailored, knee length business suit. Linda could never buy anything off the rack. She cried as she hugged her two friends. Linda was surprised at how professional she could look when she was dressed up and made up right.

Cody and Crystal got married during spring break, down on Mustang Island. They had two Mom’s scrambling to get there on time. It was an informal event performed by a Justice of the Peace after he determined that one them was definitely male.

Linda actually did a paper on hearing loss amongst pilots. It wasn’t virgin territory but her paper was well received by her professors. She actually took sound measurements on the ground, inside various planes at various altitudes, inside pressurized and non-pressurized planes, around numerous airports. It seemed she had an in, with several different pilots. She then did hearing screening on a hundred pilots and matched it up with the pilot’s logbooks and work around the airports.

Crystal and Cody did become commercial pilots and flew together when Crystal wasn’t busy having their four kids. Cody always came home to Crystal. They eventually bought out Richardson Aviation and added to and retired some planes. Grandma Amanda retired from flying to work the office end of the business. They supported many girls’ soccer, softball, lacrosse and basketball teams. They actually coached some of the teams themselves.

Linda opened a hearing clinic in Midland Texas, so she could be near her friends, after she got her Phd. in Audiology. She was quite successful selling and fitting hearing aids.

Amy and Karen went to UT Law School in Austin and both of them became lawyers. Amy did civil rights law and Karen did corporate Law. They were hell on wheels when a case that involved them both.

Janice became a coach herself. She worked her way through high school sports to coaching women’s sports at the University of Wisconsin.

The End.

up
425 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

THankYou Paula

ThankYou Paula

Lovely to see another of your stories up and here I just love your writings. You really bring your characters to life and realistic. looking forwards to your next and already reading all your older stuff
Thankyou
Matt

What a fabulous story.

What a fabulous story.

Thank you

Joanna

another

another thank you, paula, for another great story. you brought all these characters to life in the best way.
keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

Quality

Podracer's picture

AND quantity - I got a numb bum because I couldn't put this one down this weekend. Well done and thank you Paula.

"Reach for the sun."

Hook Shot

rlarueh007's picture

Assume Paula! Richard Story Thank You

Love the story... But...

At some point it became obvious that you lost interest in what is going on and just wrapped up the story in shortest way possible... Still, first 9/10-th of the story will be on my favorites list for some years...

I wanted to end it

I wanted to end it with the girls cussing Cody's name after they came back from their summer break. I also wanted to tell where I see things going after that point. It could have been an never ending story and I have a hard time writing endings.

Paula

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

beautfifully told

BarbieLee's picture

You are either one of the most versatile people on this messed up planet or you have a super ghost writer on your shoulder whispering in your ear. The basketball terminology sucked me into the story. You had to have played basketball in college. The plane names, type, descriptions and flying terms. Even Plane and Pilot magazine doesn't banter around language like that. Jeeze Louise, what happened to the sectional charts and circular slide ruler?
Okay, the storyline is spot on with technical details up to this point. I can handle all that. But then you go out on a boat and hand us more technical details. Have the laws changed that much since I was at NAS Corpus Christi? You have to buy a license to fish in the ocean? I guess states saw money and decided to collect? Actually I called a friend who goes there two or four times a year and you're right. They now charge for fishing in the ocean.

It was a very nice entertaining story. I loved all the technical details. Will I date myself too much when I remember when a Piper Cub or a Luscombe could be bought for $1200? I bought the Luscombe. All metal and cruise at 105. I still fly but it is gyrocopters now out of non controlled airports. Got rotor, got fuel? Kick the tires light the fires and go. The same way we did it when flying the big birds way back when. We made sure there were no birds nests in the engine cowlings, no insects in the pitot tube, there was oil in the engines, gas in the wings.
I believe flying is safer now than it was back then but at what price? In our technological marvels we fly through the air are we still pilots? Or are we computer programmers as we input our data into our glass panels and then depend on the airplane to do all the whiz math to get us off and back again? That glass technology has killed more than its fair share of pilots who depended on it to fly the airplane. But the public doesn't read about those mistakes.

Sorry, I digressed there away from your story. I enjoyed it to no end. Great writing, great detail. Loved it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Paula,

Paula,
Your story is wonderful. You created such interesting and loving characters and make them so very, very alive to us all. You write in the style of another authoress here on BC/TS, Portia Bennett; as both of you tell us the story of how the main character/s came to be, and then lead us through their lives and even to how they wind up in the future.
I thank you for that, and just want to say Lots of hugs to you.
Janice Lynn

Super story!

I really enjoyed this story. The characters are intriguing and the story line is somewhat unique. Paula's has always been one of my favorites here at Big Closet ever since I read "And That's is the Way it Happened". Please continue to entertain us with your talent.

Long Hook shot...

...I think i would have liked it more, if it were four to five chapters.

JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Thank you

I really enjoyed this story. I think you can work on dialog and transitions, but you are already writing a story that I will bookmark and keep for re-reading in my list of favorites, and I look forwards to exploring your other work. I really enjoy that the people seemed real and had strong interests in their lives.

Well done!

A new classic from Paula as she weaves a story about true love conquering all. She shows us readers the life of university students, both athlete and non. She also gave us a brief visit from some old friends from a previous story and showed us that they are still doing well. KUDOS!

Wonderful story!

gillian1968's picture

It brings back a lot of memories, although I did my fishing on a small outboard at the local reservoir.

Gillian Cairns

This was a delightful story

Jamie Lee's picture

This was a delightful story to read.

I'm not a big basketball fan, but the situation of the characters drew me right into the story.

This is a nicely written story.

Others have feelings too.

something new

To me at least from my favorite Author, it pays to read Paula Dillon A to Z

more exceptional entertainment

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Thank you

Thank you for this lovely story

Read it again

Podracer's picture

Yep, still good.

"Reach for the sun."

What to say?

Samantha Heart's picture

It is a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL story! Love it.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Very good story

Still a very good story. As others have mentioned the ending is a bit of a shock in that it just appears and then the rest of their lives summed up in a quick paragraph or two.

Thanks to Paula for all her great stories.