The Price to Pay - Vol. 3.11 (Conclusion) - Hope

Printer-friendly version
           I slipped his cycle shorts down for him to step out of and did the same to my own. Our hands hungrily sought each others' bodies.
 
The Price to Pay - Vol. 3.11 (Conclusion) - Hope

by Alys

Part 11
 

It was a hot late August afternoon. I felt a few drips of sweat dripping down from my neck to my back as I cycled, behind Sion, up the last hill before the turning for my house. We had decided to do a fast, fairly circular circuit of the minor roads around the at the top of the valley. This had meant a switchback of steep descents and steep climbs. It had been lots of fun.

As we sped along the road I reflected on the two weeks since the arts centre visit. I had shared my time between being at home or going out either with my family, or with Sion and the gang. I had ensured that I was aways not in places where we might bump into people I knew from school. I had lost a lot of the self belief that my friends had helped me gain. This was the first time I had spent any time with Sion since the arts centre visit.

As was our usual pattern on these rides we were both watching each other carefully as we neared the final straight to my house. Sion was always confident of overcoming any sprint that I tried. I looked at my options and couldn't see any potentially successful ones and was resigning myself to a tame end to the ride when Sion moved a little into the middle of the road, his obvious intention being to make it further for me to go around him. We passed the dip and Sion began to visibly relax and to ease off the pace. Suddenly I spurted through the slight gap that Sion had left between himself the grass verge and was through the open gate into the driveway of my house.

"You cheat!", yelled Sion, as he followed me in

"You know the old adage Sion", I responded with a big grin, "it's never over till it's over!"

He laughed.

"I really enjoyed the ride, thanks for suggesting it", I said, storing my bike away.

"I'm glad you did, you have seemed very down these last couple of weeks", he said, smiling at me

"Nothing like an endorphin rush to raise the spirits"

"Anyway I'd better get back and shower, I feel really sweaty after cycling in this hot weather"

"Why don't you have one here, you can use the bathroom while I use my parents' en-suite"

"I don't have any clothes to wear after"

"I can lend you some of my boys cycle gear, they were always a size too big for me, in fact you can have any of my boys clothes that might fit you"

"OK, why not"

Sion put his bike next to mine in the garage and then followed me into the house. We stopped in the kitchen to get a drink and then went up to my bedroom. I took out the few cycle tops that I had.

"Let me see how they would look on you", I said, taking the dark blue one and holding it up against him. Having my fingers against his body holding up the cycle top made me want to touch him more. I caressed him on the shoulder. He turned and caressed my face.

"We have some unfinished business here I think", I said a bit breathy, dropping the cycle top and putting both hands on his shoulders.

"Yes", he said as he pulled me towards him and we kissed.

I pulled the hem of his jersey up while touching his stomach and chest. Sion let his hand slide down my my face to my left breast. He squeezed me gently. I pulled his jersy over his head and pulled mine off while he discarded his. He brought his face down to mine as I pulled his chest into my breasts.

I slipped his cycle shorts down for him to step out of and did the same to my own. Our hands hungrily sought each others' bodies.

I gently pushed Sion onto my bed onto his back still kissing him. I kissed him on the cheeks and then slowly slid down his body kissing and caressing him on his muscular chest, his taut stomach. I touched his erect penis, stroking it gently.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yes", I whispered.

I held his penis firmly in my hand and licked the tip. It had a strange musty flavour. I took the tip into my mouth and began to slowly bob up and down on it.

"Oh my god Celyn"

After a few minutes of arousing him I reached over with my other hand to my side table. I took the tube of KY, squeezed some out and applied it to his penis. I raised myself above him and then very slowly, gingerly, with a little pain as I was stretched to the limit, eased myself down letting Sion slide into me. I lent forward a bit and with my hands on his chest, for balance, I slowly began to ride him. He reached up and caressed my breasts and soon we were moving in a rhythm of increasing urgency.

Afterwards, I lay next to my lover, my body pressing next to him, my head on his shoulder. He caressed my back.

"That was amazing Celyn", he said

"Yes it was"

"I'm glad you're a girl."

I reached up and kissed him.

"Thankyou"

"And you know that is what you are whatever some brainless idiots say"

"Yes, I know but the question is what to do about the brainless idiots"

"You will have a lot of friends in the school who will help you against them, if you come back"

"Yes but will the school itself will support me, if not then there is no point coming back"

"Why don't you go and see Mrs Williams?"

"Maybe I will but now I think it's time to destink ourselves, let's have those showers!"

****************************

I felt nervous sitting on the stage, with the other returning sixth formers*. It was the first Monday in September and time for the new term in school.

I had chosen a smart medium length skirt and tights to go with my school blouse, tie and jumper. It was especially disorientating to be sat on the stage as a girl after the number of times I had sat in a similar place to accept prizes for my achievements over the years as a boy. Sion, sitting next to me, discreetly held my hand.

I looked out at the rest of the school in the main hall looking up at us. I noticed one of two pointing me out to their friends and on more than one occasion the lips of the person referring to me seemed to be making the words, "that's the tranny". I felt very queasy and hoped I wouldn't have to leave the stage. I wondered if I was doing the right thing.

The music teacher finished playing the last of the incidental jazz that he had a penchant for while the school was assembling in the hall.

The headteacher, Mrs Serena Williams MA, rose from her chair and looked at the now silenced rows of children. She smiled.

"Welcome back everyone to the new term at Cwm Wysg school. I hope you all have had a very good holiday and I hope you are all looking forward to another term of hard work and enlightenment.
Normally at this stage I would refer in detail to the examination results that have been achieved by pupils, and I am again very impressed with the results that reflect very well on the efforts of the children involved", she paused and took a little sip from her glass of water.

"However, before I do that, there is someone more important to talk to you about. When I looked at the examination results last week one pupil stood out. They had achieved the highest grades ever achieved by a pupil at Cwm Wysg. What is more remarkable is that this pupil also happens to be one of the best sports persons ever to come to this school. They have represented the school and Wales at football, cricket and athletics."

The whole school was listening intently and with the mention of sports a few were looking in my direction. I noticed the head-teacher's careful avoidance of pronouns.

"I was a bit disappointed", continued Mrs Williams, "to understand that this pupil had already indicated that they would not be returning to school for further courses. I was pleasantly surprised then to receive a request for a meeting with the parents of this pupil to discuss possible entry into the sixth form. When we met they told me a rather remarkable story. Let me tell it you"

Like the consummate public speaker that she was, the headteacher paused and looked around the room to ensure that she had the audience's full attention.

"Almost two years ago this pupil was diagnosed with terminal cancer. It was a sort of cancer, usually only affecting men in their 60's and older, that meant maybe there was only two or three weeks left to live. There were no conventional treatments that could effectively fight this cancer. However one very clever doctor realised that there was an experimental treatment. This treatment had been very successful for the small number who had received it. It was a combination of cancer drugs and hormones that had one unfortunate side effect. The effect on this pupil, who you must have realised was a boy, would be to change their body so much that they would turn into a girl, in appearance, no different from any other girl."

"It must have seemed a high price to pay for life to no longer be able to continue an illustrious sporting career. But what choice did this pupil have. Life is too precious to lose when there is a chance to carry on living. Cwm Wysg I would like to introduce you to one of the bravest people I have ever met. Please step forward Celyn Morus"

I stepped forward and walked with a lot less confidence than I had ever had before toward the headteacher, there was thunderous applause from staff and pupils alike. Mrs Williams embraced me. She turned to face the school.

"Let me make one thing absolutely clear, Celyn Morus is a girl. In this school she will be treated as any other girl. There is no ambiguity about this and I'm sure that we will all do our best to support her. There will be a letter to for all of you to take home to explain this to your parents. Anyone who thinks it amusing to refer to Celyn in any other way will be dealt with in the most severe way possible. If they are a member of the 6th form",

Mrs Williams paused to look at the two lumps, they went white.

"...they will immediately, and I stress immediately, lose their place in this school"

"So let us once again show our appreciation for everything that Celyn has achieved for this school and our support for her in the future, and I wonder whether Mr Jones, coach of the football team, or Mrs Simons, coach of the netball teams will be first to invite Celyn to training", she concluded with a chuckle

I stumbled back to my seat, the applause became louder and a chant of "Celyn, Celyn..", spread throughout the hall. As sixth formers, boys and girls, stepped forward to embrace me the tears were streaming down my face. Tears of joy and hope.


The End

 

up
148 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yea, Yea

joannebarbarella's picture

I was almost in tears at the end, but I'm glad the suspense is over. If only the support indicated in this story and this episode really occurred in real life. Whatever, it was a nice story,well done!

Maybe not so suprising

I don't find the level of support from "officialdom" that surprising.

1) He was active, and successful, in sports (read activities) that the school supported. Remember how being up front for recognition was familiar?
2) He got high marks in school (always helpful in determining attitude of school officials)
3) The treatment was medically required as a life saving measure. (not trying to hurt feelings here, but I do need to refer to this story here) Not simply desired. Not medically optional. A "do it this way now or die of cancer" situation (aided by the potential that the male school officials are not immune to the cancer that might strike older gentlemen)(a real "there go I but for the grace of God" situation).
Make it a young Goth lad on the verge of failing and participation only in protests against the school and its' officials, ...
That amount of support would be astonishing unless the officials them selves were gay or had family who committed suicide over gender issues or something.

Given the actual elements in the story and the relatively P.C. mindset of actual elected officials and those who answer directly to them, it is not such a surprise to me at all, and were it to happen in real life it would be a relatively optimal solution (an absolute optimal would be not to have gotten cancer at all).
Good story

Thank Heavens!

I couldn't read this any other way than in one lump - and not the one of two who gave Celyn grief either!

A most remarkable tale that kept me guessing all the way to the end.

Well done!

NB

Oh Wow, Alys…

…what a story. You've had me on tenterhooks ever since the start.

And what a finish—FANTASTIC. It kept up the suspense and tension to the very end.

Congrats,

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Interestink, very interestink

This does sound like an unusual experimental treatment... The big "C" is scary for a LOT of folks... Doubly so on the kids, though they seem to take things better than their parents. I find the "hero" in surprisingly good condition after cancer treatment. Another benefit from the unusualness.

Thanks for a fun story.

Annette

well... another bike rider is a cancer survivor

He may have not had as radical a treatment as this one but Lance Armstrong survived cancer and certainly showed what good condition he was in.

Good story overall and sweet ending. Hope our heroine does get the support at school. For a teen that is so incredibly important.

Yeah, great story

But how do you pronounce 'Cwm Wysg'?

Never saw that coming

I never saw that coming. What an absolutely fantastic way to end this story. Although it does seem a little to much of a fairy tale ending isn't this what we would all like to see in real life.

Melanie

Bravo!

Great ending, well worth waiting for!

WOW! Celyn May Have Paid The Price...

But she has proven to be made of very stern metal. Her choosing to live on is an inspiration to everybody. She has great friends and a family to support her. Great story you have here.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sweet, Enduring, And Heartwarming

are but a few of the adjectives that I could use to describe this wonderful story of yours Alys. I loved every chapter of it. I am really looking forward to more stories from you to appear here on BigCloset. You are a top notch author and have a wonderfully talented muse. Your ability to touch me as a reader and make me care for the characters and events was an uplifting experience I will always treasure. Please... keep writing.

Love
 

    Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf

The law of Natural Selection

Gwen So, the story is told; the mystery ended; the unknown known; justice done. Still, I have no doubt in my mind that at least a couple students will find themselves surprisingly succeptable to the law of Natural Selection. They'll be victims of their own stupidity. A very charming story, and written very skillfully.
Gwen Brown

Thank you and Cwm Wysg

Thank you everyone for all the kind and positive comments during the writing of this series. I never thought that I would ever write anything really. I'm not even sure what made me write the first episode. But somehow I did and, as they say, the rest is history. I wonder if I will ever have another idea?

As for Cwm Wysg, it looks crazy until you know that 'W' and 'Y' are vowels in Welsh. It is roughly 'C - OM' (as in cat and the 'om' from woman) and 'Oo - isk' (from Risk), but run together.

Ideas ...

... are elusive, as I know all too well, but this story shows me that you know what do with one when you get it. I'm sure there will be more. I know I'm not alone in my hope.

There are obviously a limited number of unique reasons for a permanent or temporary gender switch and many of them have been used time and time again with different success rates. You seem to have found a new one, run with it, and entertained us hugely over 11 chapters. Something must have got into my eye while I was reading this last episode because it began to prickle and water - I can't think why.

Geoff

A wonderful story

This is a wondeful story, and well written. Please write more, Arecee

Ditto

A very fine effort.

Sweet story, every before me has pretty much said what I could have.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Great Read

This was a great story. Too bad it has ended. I would like to read more about her life now that everone has found out the truth.

Clap clap!

This is really impressive. I totally marathoned the beginning of the story, but I've been sidetracked and didn't get to finish this last chapter. I'm so glad I did!

Celyn's story feel very real, and the people are believable and current. They feel like young adults, and live lives and events that could be anywhere, ignoring funny Welsh names. ^_^

Wow!

What a great ending to this chapter in Celyn's life. I wonder if his (her?) gang's information campaign had any influence upon the rapturous welcome back Celyn had.

After reading Celyn's perfectly valid reasons for the subterfuge over his operation / emergency gender reassignment, and then the welcome the school gave him today, it does raise the prospect of what would have happened in reality if Celyn had 'come out' (even to his friends) earlier. So on to volume four, which I think was published after the prequels, so hopefully I won't be seeing any spoilers or confusion in the comments :) It'll be interesting to see if Celyn meets M again, and if they can at least be reacquainted as platonic friends.

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!