Dress Code

Printer-friendly version

Principal’s office the morning of the first day officially declared ”Summer” by the school.

A tomboyish girl in black shorts and a red shirt tussled hair and scabs on her knees sits in one chair and in another we have a thin delicate boy with longish blond hair dressed in a red shirt and very nice long black trousers.

Principal (adressing the girl): Becky, why do keep breaking the rules all the time. Is it just for the fun of it?

Becky: No Sir, but the skirt thing is just too sissy!

Principal: Whatever you think this is what the school board decided last fall. You know the dress code. Repeat it for me!

Becky (sighing):
• Winter dress code: Red sweater, white shirt/blouse, long black trousers
• Summer dress code: Red shirt/blouse, knee length black skirt. No shorts. Yuck!

Principal (sighing): Right! No shorts! Three days of detention starting today. You know where to go.

Principal (adressing the boy): William, this is first time you have been sent here. What do you have to say in your defence?

William: Please Sir, my mother forgot to get me a skirt. I promise we’ll get me one for tomorrow!

up
325 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Like a good pun

Podracer's picture

Could just about see that one coming ;)

"Reach for the sun."

I totally misread things. At

Brooke Erickson's picture

I totally misread things. At first I thought William was trans. But that seemed a bit off.

Then I re-read the bit where Becky quoted the dress code and I got it. Sneaky.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Cute

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

Seriously cute. Loved it.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

Wonder where this school is

Wonder where this school is located, be nice for every other school to follow that dress code, except maybe adding a dress, short skirt (3 inches above the knee). For ALL the students to wear.

Snort!

Daphne Xu's picture

Like probably many readers, I had to go back up and reread the dress code.

I wish the authorities had instituted a limit on the number of detentions someone could assign for an offense, such as two.

-- Daphne Xu

-- Try saying freefloating three times rapidly.

I would of liked school if it

I would of liked school if it was like that.But it was not it I hated school.

WIN_20151023_13_56_29_Pro.jpg